So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Lol I guess so? Logged on last night as usual and it was all good, checked ext and island

Ah wonderful Ill check it out tonight. Last I heard on the club chat was that the maps were fine but all the characters disapeared, so I logged onto JW Evolution instead last night  to work on an acheivement. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah wonderful Ill check it out tonight. Last I heard on the club chat was that the maps were fine but all the characters disapeared, so I logged onto JW Evolution instead last night  to work on an acheivement. 

I believe Salty lost a character, they mustve thrown out a quick client side hotfix, good thing I had to go out yesterday after work or I mightve lost my toon too :P 

Xbox - Unofficial Server - Island and Extinction

*Sigh* So much for an early night for work tommorow. Ended up being a semi late one which I do try to avoid now. Logged into the island and found that both the map and character were fine so happy days. Finished up the owl tower for gachas I started a few nights ago before the update and resulting shenanigans ensured. 

Then preped up for the alpha broodmother attempt which D1nk had set up for. Did the attempt with Ross who joined us last time, he went in with his daedon this time. We took the rest of the tames 10 theris, 8 megatherium and 1 yuty. Went in and took out the broodmother very easily. The theris didnt even touch the vegie cakes we gave them, might have been downed to the daedon.

Then hoped over to Extinction an merged tribes with D1nk and Salty. Found a 150 tapejara, been keeping an eye out for one, so knocked it out. Got distracted and let a defence unit past me and it got a few hits on the tapejara, so I had to wake it up and knock it out again. Tamed it up without any further issues.

Then for the giggles, the three of us took on a blue OSD. Was a bit of a doddle with a team of rexes, giga and mana. Spent most of the time jut sitting trying to find the stray dilos..... going to be much more exciting taking on a yellow or even a red drop. 

• Like 3

Started the morning as I usually do, farming materials (and spending them) Did a few metal runs, made a bit more polymer and sorted all the tames to go towards Alpha Brood. In the middle of this I made a trade with SaltyMonkey, traded him a cloned crab for a chance to clone his 140 rock elemental.

By the time Saltire logged in I had everything prepped and we smashed out alpha brood. Ill spare the details

After our little venture (now tribed!) On Extinction I hopped back over to Island to make up some more metal pieces for our new desert outpost teleport. Went full metal on this one, had 2 behemoth gates around and made a bunch of dino gates to surround our outpost, rock elementals are near so just incase.

Finished up the base then went for a fly around with my giga in cryo and a theriz in my claws. My intent was to find a yellow osd and try it solo. I didnt find a yellow. Found a purple osd and skipped it, then saw a red.. figured id try it!

Yeah. That went terrible solo, i struggled when thr wyverns came out. My theri was a boss though, tanked a tonne of spinos and such.. but then chased a gasbag off the cliff to exclusion zone and died. I took that as a sign and hightailed it out of there, popped out my wyvern and flew away. Lost a 138 arm theri saddle :( Now I know.. need a friend for reds haha

Hopped back to the island and transferred over a bunch of stuff, a few tames, theri eggs, velo eggs and the Mana breeders. Bred up two manas, hatched two Velo eggs and got triplets outta an egg. Only managed 75% on velo and 88% on manas. Went to bed after.

Today ill be refilling the island stockpiles and hope we can get a tribe red osd done. Would be fun and the drops!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Was hoping youd say that. Am thinking of gigas for a red osd, mate boosted if possible.

Hahah which, the tribe stores refilled?? XD Jk, yes im 100% down. Just traded for some rex eggs with Salty, got a breeding pair now and just making some saddles on Island :) Need for forest cave / OSD backup (though we could use a squad of theriz with cakes same effect for OSD)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Hahah which, the tribe stores refilled?? XD Jk, yes im 100% down. Just traded for some rex eggs with Salty, got a breeding pair now and just making some saddles on Island :) Need for forest cave / OSD backup (though we could use a squad of theriz with cakes same effect for OSD)

About the OSD but goodies on the tribe stores ? Funnily enough I was going to ask DJ about trading for some of his rex eggs, will make some of the rexs i had bred up on rag obselete however. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

About the OSD but goodies on the tribe stores ? Funnily enough I was going to ask DJ about trading for some of his rex eggs, will make some of the rexs i had bred up on rag obselete however. 

Well not entirely, your rexs have blue sides or back? His have blue bellies and heavily mutated, if you got a semi clean female you can get your full blue you love (and clean mutation page a bit)

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Well not entirely, your rexs have blue sides or back? His have blue bellies and heavily mutated, if you got a semi clean female you can get your full blue you love (and clean mutation page a bit)

Heavily mutated is an understatement. I had to trade for the melee but I have a clean line with the health + 1 health mutation.

• Like 1

Ragnarok - Xbox Private Server

Hatched and raised 12 more Rex’s for bosses/OSD’s and threw them all in a cryofridge to cook for the next 3 weeks. I’m now up to 23 expendables with more planned on the way but with cleaner lines so I can start stacking mutations effectively. I do all of my breeding on Ragnarok, no matter the map because dinos only ever ask for the vanilla imprinting kibble that way ;) so really looking forward to the rework.

• Like 1

Today I joined a Ragnarok server that was at almost maximum players. I spawned in the NW jungle - or at least, what was left of it. The server had been running for 12,000 in-game days, so what had once been the frequently visited, blooming NW jungle was now nothing more than a massive prairie dotted with small metal structures. You could see the giant ruined mountain bridge from the SHORE it was so decimated. Despite this, there were STILL people running around, mingling. All the players A) were naked, and B) had contracted swamp fever and were spreading it to each other. While I was taking note of this, I encountered one of the most strange yet amusing things I've seen in ARK in a while.

There was what sounded like a 10 year old boy talking to another, older player about how he had swamp fever. Only instead of saying "swamp fever", he used the words " *ss cancer". The kid then went on to point out how the other player also had " *ss cancer", and how the two were " *ss cancer buddies". For what felt like 5 minutes, the kid followed the other player around the jungle - turned prairie, talking about their " *ss cancer". The funny thing was, the player he was talking to was Spanish and didn't know any English. So while this kid was droning on about their *ss cancer, the only thing the guy could say in response was something along the lines of "I speak no English".

After getting bored I stopped eavesdropping on them and tried to make some basic tools. TRIED to make some. Over the course of 30 minutes, I died to lvl 45 and 100 therizinosauruses, then decided to start spawning in the Viking bay. After dying 3 or 4 times to Eurytepids - which for some reason were using their swimming animations on land - I gave up and quit the game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Unofficial cluster-rag ,center and a bit of ABB 

I was happy about the update until it screwed me ! Thought I was getting s+ but instead I got my character disappear into the matrix....awesome best part is my Admins are busy for a few days so I'm on my own for a bit

Buuuut I tribed up with the roomates on center and I had a few tames there so I'm not fooked at least , lost my Griffin that I use for the scar and my favourite ice wyvern into the matrix (r.i.p sandra Bullock) so I started up ABB cause I'm mad at rag , I forgot how much I love this map,  and lots of center grinding , got my tek suit back and worked on my base , Bred a mana to breed with my killer mana , tamed a lvl 520 tek rex , a few wooly rhinos a lvl 300 rex and a 300 yuty explored the caves and got some siiiick loot , killed a alpha megalodon with a sword and shield that was fun , poached a mating pair of abb Raptors,  now I need to get a breeding line of abb spinos and make a tek replicator 

I'll be gettin my tribe back tomorrow or tonight hopefully,  it's like I got a mind wipe with extra steps lol and ashylarry is dead , rick ross lives now lmao

• Like 1

Official EU Island, SE, AB, EX

Jumped SE for some milk, my poison ivy xmas wyvern is nearly adult but it still need some milk. After transfer i back to IS. :D

Day start like always, unfreezed all babies, imprint other, cooking some eggs and making new for hatching. After that i called my allys to my pyramid where they got one Velo per person. Full of hope we flew to green obi to try fight with pitiful beast, The Dragon. We realized we should first do gamma to see what can go wrong... That was strange adventure full of smoke, needles, fire and blood. We lose but now we know Velos deal to low dps or we did something bad. :/

We start preparations for another beast, beta this time. In meantime hatched new quetz eggs and farmed some pearls with angler and after couple of minutes i back to base with something like 10k shiny pearls. :)

Immediately i crafted nearly 5k electronics but 4k is reserved for trade.
Grabbed all necessary tribute for beta dragon and went from base to meeting area which is localized couple of meters from my bridge to base. :D
We regrouped our rexes squad and call the light from sky. Everyone rdy, again we were full of hope... One of our players crashed before tp so 4 free victims without commander :/ . That was slaughter, everything was good, dragon lose 50% of hp and after that our rexes one by one become roasted, we lose again...

After that horrible mistake i went for meat run, need to feed all those babies. On next day i start raising new rex squad. We did one hard ape run (friend got ~15 rexes as backup so we still able to do bosses :) ) and start collecting resources for next dragon. xd

Now we are riched of new experience and next time we win!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I probably played more ARK this weekend than any in 2019 so far, probably an unhealthy amount but that is what happens when you are breeding, hatching, breed hatching, killing, feeding etc.

It was fairly decent though. I now have a male and female clean 312 Pteras, and I finally got all my colours onto a decent 317 (slightly muted) bird but the colours were perfect. I am basically creating 4 clean lines, which will go for mutation stacking... just need a few more birds to integrate.

Allos are coming along and I think tonight, Ill have 3 breeding pairs to try and move stats over. Very similar story with the Tappys but they are definitely taking longer.

As it stands, the Gigas are almost done, the Yuty's are just starting and managed to get one with 10k hp base with 2k stamina, which seems ok as noone on the server seems to have any better.

We did an Alpha run on Center for a guy on our server who needed the engrams, and other than getting artifacts... I just bred and bred. Tribemate then laid down the new Rex baby they got.... Black body with White scaled back and underbelly... seriously cool.

Tonight will just be getting timers down and imprint when I can, will probably take a day or two off so I can relax a bit more.

• Like 1

PS4 with mates – Killed the dragon and then did the tek cave. Uploaded a few bits to keep and then switched maps to aberration. None of us have played Ab before. We’re not downloading any gear or dinos, we’re having a full play through from scratch, other than our characters. Spent a couple of hours there last night. Set us a small temporary base, got a fabricator on the go, tamed a steg and an otter. That was as far as we got. Need to get some dino protection tonight and have an explore.

PC with daughter – Tamed about 5 rexes between 130 and 145. Best so far is 8140 health and 325 melee. That will be enough for gamma Brood and Monkey. Doubt I’ll be trying to run Alpha with her. We’ll see. There is a 168 Tek Rex on the map. Will probably tame that tonight and keep for later. Much prefer the normal rexes though. Childhood dreams come true and all. Tamed male/female 150 Theris as well. There’s many hours of my life I’lll never get back, wish I’d had kibble. Could have waited for the kibble rework but there is a 150 Basil on the map and I want that for her for the underwater caves, so I need the Theris for kibble, just need to go and get some Angler Gel. Zino stats ok, will do for gamma Dragon and the Tek Cave. Imprinted a Tappy and fed it a lot of new born Pteras for levelling so we can finally go and tame a quetz tonight. Also got the Sabers to the point where I’m happy for caves, just want a body colour to go with the bright blue head I got. So I had 25 female lined up all weekend with the one lucky male doing what he does best. About 150 young so far and not a mutated colour in sight. Think he’s deliberately taking his time..

Also got a nice BP for an Asc Thylo saddle, where was that when I was searching high and low on the PS4? Wasn’t going to tame thylos until we got to Rag but thought I’d have a quick scout of the Redwoods. Got half way over the river on my Argy and not one, but 3 Thylos jumped me at the same time. 2 attacking me and one trying to drown my argy. Managed to take then all out. One being a 145, but had no choice. As soon as I killed them a Kapro jumped me. Fun times so far. Another 2 thylos on the ground in the same place, so killed them as well, then spotted a 150 walking nearby. Thought it was time to leave and plan a tame for him later. As I was flying away another Thylo jumped been, and I was practically on the other side of the river. Never seen one jump so far. Repaired my armour..

• Like 1

Yesterday started off on Extinction, was mucking around the base and did a small trade with Salty, some of our boss theriz eggs for some of his boss rex eggs. Incubated the eggs and accidently let two hatch, male and female. I let em raise without prints for a breeding pair.

Hopped over to the island and did a metal run, hide run and a few mat runs crafted two of our rex saddle bps and transferred back to Ext to raise some rexs. Messed up the imprints and got 88% on each. While I was printing Saltire logged on and we had it in us to find a red drop or something. He was scouting while I was finisjing.up my imprints. Yellow osd? Vanished. 50k vein? Naw.. 10k vein? Eff that. We ended up going for the 50k vein

Went pretty well besides Saltire getting stuck on his giga, luckily he was able to cryo and redeploy it. We smashed it out, easier than I thought for just 2 gigas. Right after the node became harvestable I went to get one of the outter nodes.. kicked from the game, I was in water so I died. Saltire made a bed and i hoppdd back got my stuff. We got about 700 element .. jesus!

Filled up some tek gens around the map then hopped over to the island.

Edit: Had to jump off mid story, I always type these up at work on my smoke break, the boss came and gave me "the look" so had to go.

On the island I started mass farming poly and did a few ingot runs. Im saving up to make a new personal Extinction base, something nice looking and functional.. made another tek genny, teleport, cryobed and a few cryofridges for the Ext. Breeding base. Made up 75 stone foundations, 150 walls and 100 ceilings transferred all to Extinction. My original plan was to make a house way up in the extinction city skyscrappers but couldnt find a spot that was away from others and fit my criteria.. flew around for houuurs. Went to check desert biome for some spots and spotted a yellow OSD. Went back to main base grabbed two gigas and teleported to deswrt to hit the drop. Got there, threw out first giga and started it. Went smooth. I threw my 2nd giga out literally 1 second left on cryp clock and it came out KO'd.. i protected it best I could hoping for it to wake up (this is mid OSD) but a gaggle of spinos got onto it.. hitting over 600 dmg a hit!! It died. Didnt mourn my loss (was a 92% imrpinted giga) hopped off between waves and grabbed the saddle. Got a whole bunch of junk from the OSD, my giga died for 7 cryoballs and a journeyman chitin legs..

Went back home, did one more fly for a base spot and decided to sleep on it. Ill check tonight but not entirely sold on the idea anymore. We will see!

Edited by d1nk
  • Sad 3

1562275105_AlphaTitan.thumb.jpg.53d76a56f5be2b6f2e2b88dffc7be395.jpg

We finally took on and beat the Alpha King Titan bringing to an end the story of Ark. It was a great fight and moment and tough too. I have a 50k hp Mek I used and it was down to 200 hp at the end of the fight. 

We brought a large squad. Ice and Forest Titan, 7 Meks, Mega Mek, 4 Giga's (650+ melee), 6 Mana's. A few Giga's and Mana's died. I think 2 Meks died but at the end the King was dead and the final Ascension took place.

1801959481_AlphaArk.thumb.jpg.4bd6153881726f2c17311cf2f79e753e.jpg

So now it's on to the final phase of official Ark for me. I want to finish out my Argy line, sell my base off for tek structures to help out my friends who will be staying, and then move on to a great unofficial I found. Good people and fun events and a more relaxed atmosphere. It's a server going on for a year and half and already paid for another year. It's got every map (2 of Extinction and Rag) and it's got a sister PvP cluster. Great admins/moderators and it's actually ignited my passion for Ark again. 

Current Argy line;

4453 hp, 1600 st, 960 wt, 455 melee. I haven't begun to combine all of those yet but the 960 wt line is hatching level 345 with 4161 hp, 1560 st, 1005 oxy, 13000 food, 960 wt, and 431 melee. 

Until next time. 

• Like 6