So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

48 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Lost a MC blueprint Desert Shirt when the Xbox servers went belly up...

OMG they actually exist !? I mean I know they do but still, never seen one... Lol

Tbf was it the xbox servers going down or was it when the entirety of xbox live just giving out ?  But anyway that sucks :(

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

OMG they actually exist !? I mean I know they do but still, never seen one... Lol

Tbf was it the xbox servers going down or was it when the entirety of xbox live just giving out ?  But anyway that sucks :(

Yeah i did some research last time we mentioned it here and only rare drops in some drops (green i believe it said) on SE or better quality from SE cave lootboxes :( 

Xbox - Unofficial Server - The Island 

Started of with a cementing paste run in hard swamp cave with my frog and pack of hyaenadons. No issues, although one arthro did get a hit on me ruining one of my gasmasks. No good loot, red loot drop spawned twice on me and yet only gave me bps for gun attachments and premade electric cables....

Then did a loop around some of the caves with my baryoynx and otter to stock up on artifacts. Started of with the Pack, then on to the Massive, the Devourer and then the Clever. Hate doing the lava cave now, panic everytime I get near the lava.

Did a metal run on blue ob mountain and obs mountain, cant keep up with the tribes metal consumption lol. Then finished of by fooling around with the managarmr again, great fun.

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Yeah i did some research last time we mentioned it here and only rare drops in some drops (green i believe it said) on SE or better quality from SE cave lootboxes :( 

I remeber you telling me this when we talked about it. One of these days lol

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Like always in last days i first jump to the SE server, i call to my Sniper and we go to Scar with Milk mission.  Nothing new, Sniper at position, lure target to cage and we back in glory with milk. :D Mission completed, babies are fine again. 

And my bad day started at AB. Bravely explored rock drakes nests, got some low lvl eggs, not bad maybe they be usefull after kibble rework for basilisk/titanboa taming. :) Venom hunting, sometimes i think those Master Rockwell minions drop less venom than before, or that was just bad luck. Got some, transferred and try jump to IS, nope you can't xd after logged in venom nearly spoiled. No problem, hunted again.   :)

Unfreezed some of babies and after that update message poped out. Trader become online in meantime and we meet after update. Have 2 new tek quetz eggs. :D

Becomed a bit nervous when i back and noticed dead of 3 young megatheriums. :( Also young friend start asking about something... Rage  +10

After resuplled venom and milk stock i crafted some cryopods and cryofridge, breed Velos so maybe we can maje a little test with Dragon at weekend, go to meat run and log out after that. :D Later i noticed that forgot put ele into generator... Have hope it will run until i back today. 

I start thinking how my pyramid will look with greenhouse sloped ceilings. xd Lol, transparent flying pyramid...

That was fast and a bit nervous day with some DC. Like always i did everything and nothing. :)

• Like 1

I logged on the last couple of nights and continued my Ptera line but with no further stat rewards... I will keep on hatching and hope to get some luck even though I seem to have accidentally killed off a nice clean food statted Ptera in the past month or so as its missing and would have helped move my clean line along a little.

My Giga is now at 60% with 58% imprint so its slowly getting there - these things take ages when you have a 9-5 job and a family to entertain. 

Started on a fresh line of Allos - hatched out at 231 and have a 221 with 2 new stats to add into it. Hopefully by the weekend Ill be hatching at 250 which will be nice... Im going to make a nice taming trap over the river so I can trap and tame some more.

Tappy line is absolutely weak even though Im sure we have some nice stats in there but they are only hatching out at 219 so I am literally getting one good stat and then all the bad ones with it :(

Other than that, I have fed, bred, incubated, hatched possibly 30 eggs in 2 days.

I will try again tonight to see if I can progress :)

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Didn't really get up to too much tonight. Did a metal and obsidian farm to patch up the base walls and ceiling and build another fabricator, generators etc. Farmed more bullets to put in my remaining turrets and repositioned them strategically to cover the blind spots l2ft by the turrets which were blown up. I really want to aim for boss fights though in small tribes this will be very difficult. I think the next move is to acquire suitable cryfridge and pods to hide the dinos when not online. Probably hide the pods in the purlovia and recharge in the fridge. Ill have to jump onto some extinction servers and raid some bases, this will be risky with the high amount of drop outs in extinction but see how we go. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

yeah, I'm still a bit peeved about it.  The odds, that I'd finally get one and then there is a hour xbox outage....insane....

• Sad 1

When I logged in just sat around for the first hour. Went on a run on my Managmar, getting used to it still. Found an alpha raptor, some easy exp then logged off for a bit.

When I got back on i went full tilt on production. Original plan was to just farm a teleporter..just because but plans changed mid way. Did a big metal run, filled both forges full, got about 2000 obsidian, started making poly. Filled up the obsidian gachas with metal run stone, then did the only mountain I didnt hit, volcano. 

Let it all smelt up (and kept making polymer - neverending) then started my.plan. We are going to tribe up on Extinction this weekend, so my plan was to get some teleporters going to make Ext. Easier. Made 2x teleporters and 2x tek gennys. First two teleporters for Ext, one for my base and the other to go into my Snow biome outpost. The last genny was just because, mainly for @AngrySaltire to update his Sunken base to the times (and for future teleporter down there) Also premade about 5000 ingots worth of metal structures, going to make my snow outpost metal eventually, got 2 metal behe gates from gacha crystals so figure id use em!

Logged on Ext, placed my first teleporter at my main base then went to snow biome and did fly around. I plan to make the snow teleport public so @SaltyMonkey and co. Can also use it. Wanted to find a new spot but settled on my old outpost spot there. You can teleport there within my walls then just jimp off a cliff beside it.

Placed the metal base, extended my outpost and put down the genny and teleporter. Next time I get over there ill flesh out the rest in metal and place a few more gates. It will be a good snow outpost, fit with fridges, cryo fridge etc.

Teleported back to base and got kicked, I feel this is going to happen every time on Extinction. Just upgraded my net, too from 75mb/s to 300mb/s (needed to upgrade with provider, got a deal on better net) I can feel it help on the island,teleports a bit smoother but still kicks on Ext. Console limits and all :P 

• Like 4

Whahey! Fianlly, moved my Ptera line on - got 3 of the 6 stats so just need to get a further 3 more added to the mutated line - should be coming out 335+ and then I can start mutations on a clean line again and get to the 350 within a few weeks. I worked out 377 I think is the max I can go otherwise they will hot the 450 and have unspent levels which will do my head in - already having that issues with the Boss Rexes we have.

Got my first Allo mutation last night, melee went from 343 to 361 (I know it isnt as good as what people are breeding) but I only started my line on Tuesday, currently at 231 but I have 4 stats to add to that. Ill be happy just getting to 275 born and having an Allo pack (x5) to go on a rampage with.

So it was breed, breed, incubate, incubate a bit more, hatch, kill, hatch, pod, hatch, feed, meat run, feed, breed, incubate for about 5 hrs last night. Gigas are at 30% and 65% so thats good and new boss Rex is at 30% so Ill have those raised soon too.

I had a little scout around and decided I still need to raise my 190 Lightning Wyv, My 190 Rock Drake holiday colour, My high level Basi (Think its 265) and a Yuty of over 245 - all need 100% imprint but where to start when raising so much.

So last night was good, stayed up far too late and will probably do some tonight too but wife will be home so wont be on too early as that would be bad wouldnt it ARK'ers :P

Oh and if any of you are on Official PvE servers and have some good Ptera stats - please PM me, Ill happily pay :)

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 2

After spending like 2.5 months 5-10 hours every day on the server I was told it was a Legacy server. How ignorant could I be.

But, well, it is still an official server, I can still trade and all, so not that bad in the end. At least good enough for now.

Been breeding and imprinting the animals for the whole week. It is going slowly but surely, I don't have Tek troughs powered yet, and don't want to wake up in the middle of the night to imprint and feed my animals, so cryopods ftw.

My ally kindly carried me and a tribemate through 3 Alpha monkey and 4 Gamma Spider fights, I helped as much as I could, earned some Element, will start working on our boss rexes soon.

At the moment I am taming 180 F Tek Quetzal in the air and feeding my poor quetzal stimberries constantly. I am super excited about that, really hoping to see at least 1.5k weight after it's done.

• Like 2

Private Xbox Cluster - Yesterday

Island:

Spent some time fixing the server resets that @d1nk had pointed out that were caused by the latest console patch, though I permanently lost my alt account in the tests :(

Rag:

Decided to go ahead with freezing my dinos, starting with the hungriest bunch, so all of the Gigas, Deadons, Otters, but left the Quetzals because I have a stack of Dodo kibble in a tek trough in their pen.

Incubatored 20 Rex eggs to the point of a couple mins to hatch in preparation for the tek cave event I’m planning for the community. Plan to hatch at least half of them today, and the rest tomorrow. Once they are all matured, into the cryofridge they go until the event. In the meantime I need to harvest 8K fiber, 15K hide and 2K ingots for each ascendant saddle (124.6 arm).

• Like 3

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

I decided to tame a few utility and kibble dinos to start rebuilding. Tamed a parasaur for the berry collecting, phiomia for the fert and two dilos so I can tame a higher level ankylo. Unfortunately while taking the phiomia back to base I landed on a snow mountain near the swamp and didn't realize the wolves. RIP phiomia. 

After losing the fat pig I decided to farm some c4 and then go farm the lazy way, by raiding. I found a juicy little up and coming base and decided to blow in. Not much but enough to replace the c4 I used. Old mate then decided to rock up to his base so I killed him while looking through his stuff. He then respawned to his bed in a seperate room. I tried tranqing him but he was jumping round like a crazy person and started demoing his own base trying to escape me. It was at this point I started to feel bad so i just left him alone without taking much. I then found a base surrounded by some plant x which was in the process of being converted to metal. I found a blind spot and landed the argie to blow in. Narrowly avoided the plant x and blew the stone section of the wall. Great inner metal base. Surely good loot inside then? An hour later and a dead argie I finally got in to find a handful of stone, wood and thatch. Good times. I took the fertilizer from their maturing plant x on the ground out of spite. I then trapped a 140 black and white argie and have it taming on plain raw meat while I go to sleep to replace my recently lost bird. All in all a fairly uneventful night though I did find where the tribe that wiped us are. A dam crawling cave, that is going to be a challenge. 

• Like 1

Productive day last night, as usual farmed my butt off haha. Started the night by hatching another Managmar just for fun. I actually botched the imprint so it mind find its way over to extinction as an extra mana.

Between imprints I did a few big metal runs, filled the gachas etc. Farmed over 2000 hard poly, 10k or so ingots ... then spent it just as fast :P Made another tek teleporter, genny and some premade metal to finish off my Ext. Snow outpost.

Did a swamp cave run, I burnt through like 4000 paste so I needed to top up. Nothing too exciting, an asc metal.pick blueprint and a premade asc megalania saddle.

As soon as my mana finished I took her for a spin and two alphas were right outside my base, easy 25 or so levels! Crafted up some behemoth gates, threw some stuff into the cloud and hopped over to Extinction. Once on Ext I sorted my stuff and teleported to my snow base. Finished the house in metal and expanded the walls a bit, made it easier to teleport (more space) and then started on my original plan for coming to Ext... running the ice titan cave!

I leveled both my gigas here previously, brought a giga, my snow owl and rode on in. Easy going on the giga, just time consuming. Every bear aggros and they hit a LOT to my poor primitive saddled giga (from 150-300 a hit!) About 1.4 into the cave my gigas hp was already 20k/32k so I had to be careful with packs of bears. Took about an hour to get to the artifact, grabbed a blue drop (crap loot) then walked all thr way yo the ice titan terminal looking for drops.

I walked about 1/4 the way out when I thought: "hmm wonder if I can fly.." threw out the snow owl and sure enough! Flew the rest of the cave. The place is HUGE. Managed to find a yellow drop and after killing the 4 purlovia guarding it grabbed it... crap loot. Flew out of the cave, artifact in hand and went back to base to log.out. 

Today hopefully Saltire and I can tribe up on Ext, and I plan to make a 2nd public teleporter, not sure where yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Productive day last night, as usual farmed my butt off haha. Started the night by hatching another Managmar just for fun. I actually botched the imprint so it mind find its way over to extinction as an extra mana.

Between imprints I did a few big metal runs, filled the gachas etc. Farmed over 2000 hard poly, 10k or so ingots ... then spent it just as fast :P Made another tek teleporter, genny and some premade metal to finish off my Ext. Snow outpost.

Did a swamp cave run, I burnt through like 4000 paste so I needed to top up. Nothing too exciting, an asc metal.pick blueprint and a premade asc megalania saddle.

As soon as my mana finished I took her for a spin and two alphas were right outside my base, easy 25 or so levels! Crafted up some behemoth gates, threw some stuff into the cloud and hopped over to Extinction. Once on Ext I sorted my stuff and teleported to my snow base. Finished the house in metal and expanded the walls a bit, made it easier to teleport (more space) and then started on my original plan for coming to Ext... running the ice titan cave!

I leveled both my gigas here previously, brought a giga, my snow owl and rode on in. Easy going on the giga, just time consuming. Every bear aggros and they hit a LOT to my poor primitive saddled giga (from 150-300 a hit!) About 1.4 into the cave my gigas hp was already 20k/32k so I had to be careful with packs of bears. Took about an hour to get to the artifact, grabbed a blue drop (crap loot) then walked all thr way yo the ice titan terminal looking for drops.

I walked about 1/4 the way out when I thought: "hmm wonder if I can fly.." threw out the snow owl and sure enough! Flew the rest of the cave. The place is HUGE. Managed to find a yellow drop and after killing the 4 purlovia guarding it grabbed it... crap loot. Flew out of the cave, artifact in hand and went back to base to log.out. 

Today hopefully Saltire and I can tribe up on Ext, and I plan to make a 2nd public teleporter, not sure where yet.

Wait, the servers fine now ? The characters have reappeared ? 

• Like 1