So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Should team up on Extinction to do a red OSD drop at some point ! 

I agree! Might be worth tribing there solely for farming Res OSD / Titans 

The only thing I really want is some quality tek armour blueprints. I wore my tek helmet through all the caves and its the best! Even has built in night vision :P Also ran the devourer with just tek armour... fun!!

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Decided that it would be best to use the same character across the three servers, so I started off by overighting my extinction character with my main character and had the admin add me back to my tribe. Going to be so much simpliar now to jump between servers and make the imprint situation much better.

Hoped back to the Island and bred up my manas for personal use. Bred up four with the perfect combation of colours. A pure white male and female, and a red and white male and female. Imprinted all four and cryoed all but one. Two of these shall be going across to Extinction.

Spotted a titan while mucking around with my new mana, so grabbed the giga and chainsaw and went and took out the titan. The hide situation is much better now lol. Cooked up some veggies cakes at which point my internet seemed to start hiccuping so I called it a night.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

I agree! Might be worth tribing there solely for farming Res OSD / Titans 

The only thing I really want is some quality tek armour blueprints. I wore my tek helmet through all the caves and its the best! Even has built in night vision :P Also ran the devourer with just tek armour... fun!!

Am deffinatly up for tribing up on extinction for that too. Great now that I am using one character across the servers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am deffinatly up for tribing up on extinction for that too. Great now that I am using one character across the servers.

Awesome! We will do that then. The merger will be when an admin is around cause.. yeah. So glitchy. Will make things a lot easier, start slowly setting stuff to personal owned, tribe ridden (set personal, unclaim reclaim dinos on Ext)  Illdo the same

Speaking of which: @SaltyMonkey I accidently stumbed across your Extinction base last night, didnt realize you were pretty much above me :P It is BEAUTIFUL. I love the symetry and how you used the natural ground to shape it. (Was amazed at the perfectly straight back fence lines too lol) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Awesome! We will do that then. The merger will be when an admin is around cause.. yeah. So glitchy. Will make things a lot easier, start slowly setting stuff to personal owned, tribe ridden (set personal, unclaim reclaim dinos on Ext)  Illdo the same

Speaking of which: @SaltyMonkey I accidently stumbed across your Extinction base last night, didnt realize you were pretty much above me :P It is BEAUTIFUL. I love the symetry and how you used the natural ground to shape it. (Was amazed at the perfectly straight back fence lines too lol) 

I used the poles of the thatch foundations (build mode view) to line up with the outside of the pool, leaving a perfect 14 foundation gap across the water. I also never thought it would line up perfectly with the outer part of the building. The greenhouse isn’t technically snapped to the rest of the building either.

Edited by SaltyMonkey
  • Thanks 1

PS4 – we were supposed to be doing the alpha dragon at the weekend but got sidetracked doing some giga and yuty raising. Got some great colour mutations on both. I was looking at the newly acquired zino saddle bp in the vault and set mycontroller down, accidently dropping the bp. By the time I realised it was gone forever! So, my mate spawned in about 200 BPs and we found the one that was closest. Needs an extra 5k hide per saddle so we have some extra grinding to do. oops…

PC with my daughter - Unlike PS4, where we have time between mating set to 0.001, I have it set to 0.5 here for more longevity. Been having issues on Herby island where we’re doing our breeding. Dinos forever sinking into the ground, which isn’t the end of the world, I can pick them out with an Argie. Anyway, I had a new breeder male Ank that I’d lost sight of. Took out the S+ euthanizer gun to kill some unwanted young and it turns out my breeder male had sunk under the map exactly where my young were. The gun targeted him instead and he died. Happy days! So, I set the time between mating to 0.01 and spammed out 100 eggs. Got a load of fantastic colour mutations for my troubles. Then set the timer back. Spent a few days farming and farming metal and crystal to finish off our Carno island base, which is now operational other than some of the finer detail. Spent yesterday afternoon there with my daughter. Tamed a bunch of scorpions and she solo tamed her first male and female rex which was sweet. So we will have the eggs for a Quetz tame next weekend. Got a kibble tame on a 145 saber as well with decent stats, just need a mate for it now and we can breed them up so she can do her first cave soon. Hopefully the ark gods will spawn in some high level rexes on carno now. Other than the 115 alpha that is currently roaming around. Need to take some disposable argies into battle with that tonight.

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Just jumped on briefly tonight to check all was good and noone had destroyed the multiple beds I put down out of spite. Got to start work at 1am so had to make it a quick one.  Logged onto the wife's character as she's on extinction 65 currently and just had a run around sunken forest to look for gachas. It's crazy between tonight and two or three times I've flown round there I have not found a single wild gacha. Mental. 

• Like 1

This weekend I was definitely back to my usual. We had 3 Rexes, 3 Gigas, a Thyla, a Ptera, a Spino and an Allo all being raised. Tribemate and I tried out the new imprint timer with cryo - happy days! I have my Giga ta 50.9% raise and 49% imprint so with this I should bet a 97% imprinted Giga but hopefully a lot quicker than its taken me to get to 50%.

New Rex line is already started and these are replacing the old 702MD line we had only just bred up. We will still keep Alpha team as its a mix of Red, Yellow, Cyan, White, Grey and Orange Rexes - I just love the colours, but want to find a blue one now haha

I took over my spare 72% imprinted Giga (lvl292) over to Extinction and tribemates and I took on a 50k ele vein.. smashed it and was over the moon with the 230+ element we gathered from it. 

This week will now be about raising the above dinos and I will probably work hard on the Allo and Ptera lines for the next few weeks as I havent managed to get any new Pteras stats in ages... still hatching clean 310s but I cant get my latest clean stamina on there (only a difference from 487 to 495).

Allo popped out at 231 but I havent really tamed many, but its got a Black Body with golden scales so looks really mean - I will need to improve upon the 349 melee but its a start.

Overall, a good weekend :)

• Like 3

Logged in, unfreeze Gigas and baby velos( got nice pair in exchange for rock drake eggs :) ). Unfreeze rest of babies so now i have gigas, velos, theriz, ankys, argis, wyverns, rock drakes, rexes and one purple mighty flying pego! So much mouths to feed so i go out and happy slaughter everything at river. :D

Together with friend we dance for ARK gods, they hear our prayand finally send us a light. When drop land we did one beta BM and alpha ape. Only beta BM because after visiting at dragon lair we lost 5 rexes.

Refilled bins with dragon milk and venom so my and ally young drakes and wyverns don't starve. 

Jumped at EX for dust farming so i can finally finish another deal, also crafted rest structures wchich are part of trading after that i reloged to AB. :) In last days got 180 lvl rock drake egg so my friend can try raise his own at AB. In meantime our IS server crashed so we do little reorganization in our AB base. 

Rest of the day i spend on farming, hunting, taking care of babies, thinking about improvementes in my base and future projects. Not bad weekend. ;D

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Took the new frog out for a spin in the hard swamp cave, went in with 5 hyaenadons. Trip went well got about 8k cementing paste and loot including a new ascendant flak helm bp. Potteted about base for a bit. Tried to expand the base fridge and vault capacity a bit. Added more fridges above the current row. Experimenting with vault dropping to add a row of vaults above the current vaults but not a fan of the way it intersects the roof so more experimenting needed.

Decided to wing a solo gamma broodmother. Got 9 theris, 3 megatherium and my yuty together and went to blue ob. Gave each theri 2 veggie cakes just incase but they didnt need it. Went in to the boss arena and defeated the boss in about 2 to 3 minutes and got the 500 element. The theris took about 2k damage (think out of the 9 only 2 ate a veggie cake) and the megas apparantly didnt take much at all.

Then decided to slogg out the basilosaurus 3 hour maturation time and fully imprint a squad to take some into the water cave in the east. Bred up 4 including one with my preferred blue colours.  Got 3 to 94% and my prefered basil to 100%. Cryopoded them all up to get the boost to exp while offline.

Had a slight disaster while I was waiting for my whales to mature. Mucking around on my new managarmr near the volcano and boosted too high hitting the world barrier, insta killing my character. No death message, no record in the tribe log, just the respawn screen. Grabbed my tek suit and flew out to where I died. Found my mana but couldnt find my body, at least i didnt lose much gear.

• Like 2

I hit enough lampposts and feeded the Dust Gachas to Craft a new Tek Generator and 8 Tek Troughs.

Started to raise the Gigas one after another.

Started to farm blue OSD an 10k Vein with my Spino.

Someone left the game and i get 10 Velos, a Megatherium and a Level 120 Giga. Drastically increased Meat Gathering with the Giga. Now i could raise all Gigas the same time.

But 2 of my Gigas are done now. Better melee, so more Meat.

15th arrived and i transferred a few of my Aberration Dinos. Some of the 451 Melee Ankys, a few 414 Melee Spinos, a few Crabs and my Rock Drake Dutch. He is my Favorite. Now i can search peacefully the Map for OSD and Veins. Over the last Week i did a few 10k Veins and Blue OSD. I search with Dutch and use then my Fire Red Spino who is now at 18k HP and 600% Melee. With him it is easy to beat the corrupted. Most annoying part is searching for the last corrupted. They never find the OSD or Veins, stuck on everything. I helped a few times at 50k veins, but most of the time i look how the Titans beat all the corrupted.

Transferred my blue Body Ankylo and made a few Eggs with the Blue Horns Ankylo. I hope i get a full Blue Combination.

Traded on Ragnarok 2 fert. Vulture Eggs. I like them and now i can breed them.

Traded a few fert. Giga Eggs, i want more Colors and better Melee.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jay1077 said:

I hit enough lampposts and feeded the Dust Gachas to Craft a new Tek Generator and 8 Tek Troughs.

Started to raise the Gigas one after another.

Started to farm blue OSD an 10k Vein with my Spino.

Someone left the game and i get 10 Velos, a Megatherium and a Level 120 Giga. Drastically increased Meat Gathering with the Giga. Now i could raise all Gigas the same time.

But 2 of my Gigas are done now. Better melee, so more Meat.

15th arrived and i transferred a few of my Aberration Dinos. Some of the 451 Melee Ankys, a few 414 Melee Spinos, a few Crabs and my Rock Drake Dutch. He is my Favorite. Now i can search peacefully the Map for OSD and Veins. Over the last Week i did a few 10k Veins and Blue OSD. I search with Dutch and use then my Fire Red Spino who is now at 18k HP and 600% Melee. With him it is easy to beat the corrupted. Most annoying part is searching for the last corrupted. They never find the OSD or Veins, stuck on everything. I helped a few times at 50k veins, but most of the time i look how the Titans beat all the corrupted.

Transferred my blue Body Ankylo and made a few Eggs with the Blue Horns Ankylo. I hope i get a full Blue Combination.

Traded on Ragnarok 2 fert. Vulture Eggs. I like them and now i can breed them.

Traded a few fert. Giga Eggs, i want more Colors and better Melee.

Oh gods that blue text.  Like a Forum Troodon got me! Can't see... So dark... and they keep nibbling.. and nibbling.. arrgh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Rattasaur said:

Oh gods that blue text.  Like a Forum Troodon got me! Can't see... So dark... and they keep nibbling.. and nibbling.. arrgh!

Yeah its s bit much on the new forum format :P 

Last night got on for a few hours. We are running low on Poly so I fired up the obsidian gachas, did a few stone runs and some wood runs to start topping up the material vaults again after our saddle crafting weeks :P Did a big metal run then spotted an alpha carno outside the base. I usually use alphas to level tames a bit, so hopped on my velonsaur and had fun sniping the carno as it was stuck on a doed ! Accidently attacked an enraged megatherium and had to high tail it out of there.  

After I did that I decided I needed to do an upgrade to the bases storage capacity so I built a small extension and crafted 10 more vaults, this should keep our storage needs on point!

Just need to repaint them but im sure Saltire will do that :P 

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island.

Today was the day of underwater adventures. Took 3 of the new basilos out for a spin. Started in the Artifact of the Brute sea cave for levels. Easy going. Only thing I noticed is that the Basilo AI of the whales on follow didnt want to attack anything when taking depth damage but I made do. Then I looped round the island to the hard sea cave in the east for the Artifact of the Cunning. The cave went so much easily than expected, wasnt troubled at all. Hardest part was probably dealing with the level 160 alpha mosa. Didnt run into any squids or mosas. Got to the artifact and retreived 2 of them and made my way out the cave. 

Completed the loop round the island. Killed so many alpha megalodons, I was constantly crafting up element from the element  dust I was looting from them. Ran into two alpha mosas as well. Bit annoying taking them out, couldnt get the mosas to a depth for the following whales to attack them but I tanked them and took them out.

Finished of by dashing around the island on my managarmr, starting to get the hang of it bow. Messed with a titan, took about 20 minutes to kill it. Unfortunately I didnt have my chainsaw on me so I just left corpse to the wolves.

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

After I did that I decided I needed to do an upgrade to the bases storage capacity so I built a small extension and crafted 10 more vaults, this should keep our storage needs on point!

Just need to repaint them but im sure Saltire will do that :P 

Love all the new vaults. Only just seen your comment but yes I did repaint them all, first thing I did when logged on. Cant cope with unpainted vaults need to all be colour coded. Just need to decide what goes in each. Also did a metal run so we're good for metal and some polymer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island.

Today was the day of underwater adventures. Took 3 of the new basilos out for a spin. Started in the Artifact of the Brute sea cave for levels. Easy going. Only thing I noticed is that the Basilo AI of the whales on follow didnt want to attack anything when taking depth damage but I made do. Then I looped round the island to the hard sea cave in the east for the Artifact of the Cunning. The cave went so much easily than expected, wasnt troubled at all. Hardest part was probably dealing with the level 160 alpha mosa. Didnt run into any squids or mosas. Got to the artifact and retreived 2 of them and made my way out the cave. 

Completed the loop round the island. Killed so many alpha megalodons, I was constantly crafting up element from the element  dust I was looting from them. Ran into two alpha mosas as well. Bit annoying taking them out, couldnt get the mosas to a depth for the following whales to attack them but I tanked them and took them out.

Finished of by dashing around the island on my managarmr, starting to get the hang of it bow. Messed with a titan, took about 20 minutes to kill it. Unfortunately I didnt have my chainsaw on me so I just left corpse to the wolves.

Love all the new vaults. Only just seen your comment but yes I did repaint them all, first thing I did when logged on. Cant cope with unpainted vaults need to all be colour coded. Just need to decide what goes in each. Also did a metal run so we're good for metal and some polymer.

Figured as much :P I named a few but theres like 5 empty ones, we dont need raw mat storage (wood stone etc) since its all outside.

Tbh I kind of banked on you having OCD kick in to paint the vaults hahaha

I play on The Island on unofficial. Yesterday, I decided it was time to get our tribe a second Tapejara. Our first one was tamed by a [now inactive] tribe member, and is fairly high-level (in the 90's now, IIRC). So, I get the necessary supplies together: ghillie suit, allosaur kibble, narcotics, tranq darts, bola, etc. Then hop on an argent and start flying around areas where I've seen them previously (north side of the Redwoods, and the forest just to the east).

Well, every time I spotted one, it was either VERY low-level (e.g. 2 to 6), and/or got spooked by some other wild creature and flew off and out of sight before I could even attempt to capture it (I'm looking at you, Level-40!!!).

I caught a couple of them as the day progressed, only to have them killed by wild dinos (a measly dilo in one case, a Rex in the second) before taming was done.

Finally, was able to KO a level 13 in the eastern forest... protected it by building a ring of wooden spike walls all the way around it. And still, a Bronto and a GachaClaus (yes, event's still running on our server) managed to step or crawl over the spike wall! But at least they were harmless, and nothing aggressive bothered us.

So, I got the Tapa fully tamed and led it back to base. Only a level 19 after taming, but at that point, I'll take what I can get!

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

We are slowly and secretly building back up after our recent wiping by passive killing sycophants. Ended up taming a low level argie and anky so we now have two birds so we aren't stranded in case we drop out on one while out and about and can do metal and obsidian runs to lava island. Also tamed up a low level purlovia. This got a bit hairy a few times as the alpha is built in the red woods and the amount of carnos, terror birds, micros and crazy sloths that tried to murder my bird was hectic. Wont be making the mistake of storing our good stuff in a vault in the base again, purlovia is a much safer option. Once established we will have some 1x1 and vaults scattered with back up gear and metal base inside. 

• Like 3

PC with daughter – the big crash.. Exiting game, PC turned off, loaded back up and no character available. So rolled back 3 hours and all was fine. Put the settings as they should be, but I’d left singleplayer setting ticked when I rebooted. My level 95 character jumped to level 105. Daughter’s 72 jumped to 99. Figured out what I’d done so turned singleplayer settings back to 95. Played for another day and then realised that although my level was back to 95, my XP was at a 105 level, so I hadn’t fixed it. Done a lot in thatday including a couple of high level tame, so decided not to roll back again. Booted up with single player settings, spent my level points and then changed it back again. Weird how the dinos that had levelled up in doing this lost their XP, but I didn’t.

Whilst all this was going on I was practicing messing around with singleplayer map transfers so spawned in an S+ tek transmitter. Turned hibernation off and did a dino scan. No intention to use this function until I’ve beat alpha dragon,but I was curious as to what was out there. 7 level 145 Thylos on the island, and 10 level 140s… what! All I ever see is level 10! Sure I’ve got some great breeding stock on PS4, but we got those on Rag.

So jumped onto PS4 with mates as we’re on the island too right now and we took our gigas to the redwoods. Combo of hide run and Thylo hunting. After disposing of many Thylos all less then level 40, there it was in all it’s glory, a level 150. Got a stupidly OP 700% damage longneck but I wanted to trap it with a bear trap as a bit of practice for PC with daughter. Set up a U shape of pillar with the bear trap in the middle and aggroed the Thylo. It was heading toward the trap when a Dilo appeared from out of thin air and went into the trap. Thylo did a runner so I just had to take it down in the open. Decent stats, but not an improvement on what we have. Still, good to know they exist on the Island.

Jumped back on PC and tamed a couple of high level Sabers on Carno. Got a good health roll on one, and a beastly melee roll on another. So, breeding now until the weekend and will take my daughter to her first cave then. Chitin cave, should be easy enough for her, as long as there’s no Megasoreass in there.

• Like 2

Started by doing a few metal and obsidian runs to beef up our stocks, ran the gachas while I imprinted a Managmar. Man those things are crazy!

Made some extra tek armour pieces and random stuff around the base

After I started building some tek pieces with the metal I farmed for a future project and made a Tek behe gate to throw on the breeding barn,extended the barn 2 or 3 rows out to accomadate the gate without crowding the barn and called it a night shortly afterwards.

• Like 1