So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

On 1/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Did a bit of flying around on my new snow owl on the redwoods. Using the owls night vision is deffinatly the best way to locate thylas in the tree and with a shotgun its an easy and quick way to farm thyla claws. Did a quick run in the hard swamp cave with d1nk for cementing paste and the loot. Of course we get a better theri saddle bp after we craft most of our boss saddles with a lower amour value. Did a bit more thyla hunting and then logged of for the night.

Great idea , definitely stealing this 

Unofficial - the center , dfx cluster

Been loving rag lately but were gonna get a pvp map soon on the center so I figure I should get used to the map before the insanity starts lol

And I have been pleasantly surprised, I guess because of lack of wyverns there seems to be higher level dinos so I'm out poaching lvl 300s to breed with my heavy stat dinos,  so rexes , yuties , spinos , a few therzos a megatherium and thyla or two . Tribes up with the roommates on this one so were kicking booty , found the dopest base location among the ruins and the glass walls look super legit in the archways cant wait till it's done,  already found a whole tek suit , i guess cause the pop is low on this map so more alphas for me to hunt , a lvl 450 giga is basically untouchable , lost my favourite fire wyvern ( again) while messing with a lvl 200 gig , ran across the beach threw out Bertha and ate literally everything on burnt island outta anger , which got me my tek suit so as Jurassic park says..life finds a way lmaoo, gonna have a egg night soon as I have 7 rexes and 5 spinos that need to be hatched , found 2 300 rexes , male and female,  a female yuty at 290 , and a serious Male spino at 280 with 572 melee lol now I just need to build and hatch 

• Like 2

I only started playing official a few days. In order to make the game more interesting and fun I decided to attempt a play-though of all main maps and bosses with some restircions

1. No taming any dinos. All dinos must be traded for or breed

2. No accepting anything for free. I must earn or trade for everything. No unbalanced trades either

3. No trading for crafted items. I can only trade for resources and bp. 

4. All dinos I use must be from the map I am currently on or maps I have complete.

5. I must move though all the main maps in story line order. (no going to maps I haven't "unlocked" even for trading. This may mean I need to pay more for people to deliver my trades)

6. All my level ups must go into crafting skill (To make this more of a challenge)

Because I am new to the forums I haven't been able to access the trading section until today. I found someone on my server who was willing to trade a low level argy for 600 ingots, 100 cp, and 60 silica pearls. It has 800 weight so I accepted as that makes farming metal much easier. However when he dropped it off he said he didn't the the resource. It order to stick to me rules (Because I had already claimed the argy) I left the chest unlocked outside my base and shouted it out to the server. If no one claims it I'll half to drop it to make the play-though fair. Currently I've been using the argy as a mule since I can make a saddle yet. I've been clearing my mountain of metal and also working on building a 4x4 stone base. This evening I will finally be able to access the trading forums so hopefully tomorrow I can look for an anky once I've gathered a few K metal

• Like 4

I spent an hour prefabing a boat base, farmed some hide, made a boat, placed the boat drove around for a couple minutes,  lagged out of the server. Rejoined the server. Realized it rolled back about 5 minutes to where I just made the boat. "Oh well a little annoying but no big deal" i thought while walking back to the water to place the  boat again. Then randomly died ( I think from fall damage), and disconnected. Spent 30 minutes trying to re log and recover my boat and full stone base from my body with no luck. Realized everything I've been doing for the last 2 hours was a complete waste of time. Pretty average day on ark. 

Eu PVP Aberration Official

I've been meaning to tame a higher level spino so tried to take advantage of evolution event and grab myself one.

My first spino was a bit of a disaster, highest I could find was lvl 100 and when she was knocked out I lost abit of efficiency , never mind she can be used for river runs.

This weekend I find myself a nice 140 with above average health, im not feeling very imaginative so I name her "Healthy", however she doesn't go down without a causality, my poor bulbdog is no more, but its ok I now have the perfect excuse to go grab me some glow tales instead, I enter old rail cave where there are 3 just waiting for me, happy days.

It was another quiet weekend really, that was until Sunday night where I finally meet the "alphas" for the first time in nearly 5 weeks, my quiet server is suddenly quiet busy.

I witness their army of Reapers and spinos approaching from the distance and im wondering how this is going to play out, I knew this quiet safe feeling wouldn't last.

I've played Ark long enough to understand that reaction can be everything, so when one of them proceeds to chomp on my first spino sending all my other tames into a frenzy, I call my dinos off and make a joke about the situation, seems to do the trick, they apologies for the bite and compliment my base and say their goodbyes. Got to admit I am relived, this time around  I told myself that it doesn't matter if I get raided, nothing is permanent and I've been expecting it, but that was then, I am now feeling attached ha-ha

This lil encounter with the alphas gets me thinking, I have all my eggs in one basket and they know where this basket is, I make 3 vaults and place them in the little safe houses I have scattered in certain positions throughout Aberration. I've been doing a few cave runs so I have a few weapons and BP's I don't want to lose, I try to split everything equally into 3's and go and stock up all the safe houses, if they all don't get hit at the same time at least I have a chance of fighting back.

I log out and wonder if there is going to be anything left to log back into, time will tell, pray for me !! ;) 

• Like 3

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Got a few things done today, firstly gathered enough scorpion eggs to make kibble to start on our boss army. I really want to unlock some tech. Cooked up some dilo kibble to tame up an ankylo, the highest we could find was 140 so we settled for that for the moment. We also tamed up a level 85 female stego. This ones strictly for eggs and to try and gather the ever elusive long grass. Also downloaded extinction, I really want a silica pearl producing gotcha! 

I'm really starting to get attached to our base spot and tames because it's been a few weeks now. It's going to be horrid when we go to log in and are welcomed by the death screen. I think once we get wiped we will probably start aberration. 

• Like 1

PC play through I’ve recently started with my daughter (she’s been playing since xmas). She wanted a Tapejara badly, so last weekend we tamed male/female Allos for the eggs. During the week I’ve been prepping for her weekend taming. Bred the Allos, got twin females, happy days, eggs a plenty. Did lots of penguin clubbing and crafted us Ghillie armour of at least mastercrafted, installed a few additions to our herbivore island base. - Industrial forge, grinder and cooker. Tamed 7 snails, and a Bee. Cooked up 100 Allo kibble as well. Made a small tree base down the river to use as a scouting position for Tapejara. So, the weekend came. We scouted for about 2 hours but everything was such a low level. Highest we saw was a 100, but that got spooked by a Carno. Eventually I said stuff it, let’s just tame a low level, so she can experience the fun, and I’ll tame something higher level In the week. So we tamed a level 20 purely for it’s colours, and she logged off to go play Fortnite. Took the Tapejara back to Herbie, and switched to PS4 with mates.

But also stuck around Herby on PC to raise a Ptera at the same time. Did a quick meat run and hatched the Ptera. Anyway, a while later the red message appeared on screen, your Tapejara has been killed by a Trike. How? Was it on follow when I went on the meat run? No, I’d put it near the front of the base. Went to where it was to see a trike had destroyed the entire front of our base. I must have angered it and not killed it. Base is only wood because I just wanted to build it for aesthetics, I never thought I’d make such a noob mistake as having my sound turned off. Total carnage. I had snails making a slow break for it down the beach, otters running everywhere. Cooker gone, about 6 chests full of materials gone, fabricator, smithy, etc etc, everything inside them.. When I moved to PS4 I’d unplugged my headphones to plug into the PS4 controller, so I had no volume from the PC. If I’d have heard the music I could have simply 1 shot the Trike without any aggro before it even broke a single wall.

Rolled back the game 2 hours, problem solved! Not one for cheating, but stuff it, that one was a bit harsh, and I’m grinding on two games!

So back to PS4, ran the easy water cave, got a 202 Zino Saddle BP. Exactly what I was after for the new Zino army we’ve raised. Ran swamp cave and upper south cave as well, helping a mate who has just started get the collect all artifacts trophy. Hide grinding now for a few days to make these saddles before Alpha Dragon at the weekend.

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Extinction 

After all the boss prep and breeding, needed the change in scenary and so continued my managarmr hunt from the other night. Flew around the snow biome on my wyvern clearing the spawns and killing all the low level managarmrs there was. Eventually I found a beautiful 145 male so I put the wyvern aside and used my snow owl in an effort to freeze the managarmr in place and trap it in place with dino gates. It didnt go well, didnt realise that the ice breath unmounted you from an owl. After a period of dying a few times and transferring several wyverns across from the Island to fly back to the snow biome, I eventually remebered to stick down the bed and sleeping bags.  I ditched the snow owl idea and just tanked the managarmr on my wyvern, downed alot of healing potions and got the dino gates down on it trapping it in place. With it stuck I knocked it out with shocking darts and kibble tamed it up, success ! I had downed the managarmr right next to a city terminal so I uploaded it and the spare wyverns I had to go back to the island and I continued the search with my wyvern and cryopoded owl.

Finally found a 130 female which I settled on. Cleared the spawns around it and attempted to trap it with the dino gates. It escaped before I could trap it with enough gates and I then watched it dive into a mammoth and poof out of apparant existence.....At which point I called it a night.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: Feeling Totally Defeated, So I’m Refocussing My Attention.

Well, the day was here at last. I’m still spending a lot of time with my sickly old kitty, but I had spent months carefully developing a plan and laying the groundwork for solo OSD runs, so I made up my mind that I was going to actually make my attempt.

I set out with my wyvern to scout for a drop, and found a red one just to the south. So I teleported back to the Outpost where I’d staged the thirty bird OSD flock, whistled them into action, and led them out there. Teleported my rock golem out, switched the birds over to follow him, dropped the shield and got to work.

Except... the rock golem, Talos, was not set to passive the way I’d left him. And I learned the corrupted dinos were way less troublesome than the fact my rock golem smashed the drop to bits. ?

Well, lesson learned. So I went to find a new drop - a yellow, and decided I’d keep the birds on me instead, and set up a velonasaur turret at each cardinal point, where I found out the problem was not just my golem, which logically could damage metal. These carefully curated super birds with a boatload of melee to deal with the worst of the worst that would be coming in...well, those also damage the drop. So setting them on the stupid dilos that got past the velonasaurs...cost that attempt too.

In complete, total exasperation I made two thousand bullets, spawned a 700% ascendant assault rifle and showed up to *another* yellow drop on foot. But I was overwhelmed.

Checkmate, Ark. I’ve been telling myself I’ve had thousands of hours of fun without special events and can continue to have just as much fun, because I never expected my pets to deal damage against the OSD. The fact they do thwarts me entirely.

I have to confess myself extremely disappointed, though. 

Well, lest my beautiful dimorphodon flock’s talents be wasted, I’ve begun taking them to excursions in the Forbidden Zone to farm corrupt hearts for my titan. It’s really just the hearts I need to make the attempt. I hope to everything holy that THAT event is soloable, because by god I will forcetame that thing if even that’s not legitimately obtainable. I will not accept “no” for an answer on my desert titan.

I’m extremely proud of my birds. They’ve never faced down wyverns or gigas before, and they’ve held their own...though I only tackle a couple of wyverns per outing because of that fire. Plop the birdies down with the daeodon for a while and all is well though. Too bad they’re just a bit too destructive for their intended function, though. They’ve been repurposed quite nicely.

Aside from that I’ve been industrious getting set up for when the kibble rework is finalized. I’m up to seven snakes at this point. Blessedly having Joan’s Egg & Poop Collector installed and about a hundred and fifty dimorphodons lounging around, I can feed a decent number. I have at least one variety of every egg layer going now.

I knocked out a wall in my greenhouse and tripled its size, built two industrial cookers, and industrial grill and a chemistry bench, and filled one of the top floors of my old Outpost with preserving bins to handle jerky.

The busywork aspect of it all has been comforting to me with Haekasu being sick and probably not having much time left. Kibble is something I’ve never had the luxury of making before and I really am genuinely enthusiastic to be able to do it myself. Hopefully by the time they’re done futzing with the beta I’ll be all ready to go.

And finally, it was a big night for me in Ark with my favorite creature mod - one year without difficulties, lol. The original incarnation of the Dragons and Enhanced Creatures mod ran into so many problems the mod maker rebuilt it from scratch. I was still dubious when I reinstalled, but I have nothing but thanks and congratulations that I can just enjoy this absolutely amazing creature mod. To celebrate I spawned in a manticore and a pair of gas whelps (absolutely adorable tiny shoulder dragons - my whole motive for using this dragon mod). The gas subclass special ability is spoiling meat and I haven’t encountered anything in it, so I just got myself a pair of adorable tiny dragons to help my narcotic production along.

Next Up: My velonasaurs matured tonight, so tomorrow I’m going to try my hand at argents for the first time. They’re all I have going for “large eggs” and I’ve had rotten luck finding good females, so I see it as a good excuse to try raising my own.

• Like 1

PVE Official EU Island

I log in at AB, quick run to rock drakes area, found one 170 egg, not bad but need one more 175+ to finalize my deal. 

After relog to IS i realized i have only half and hour so quick meat run for babies (Tiberium Head Argy :D). My friend came and showed me her new poison dragon with yellow accent, looks cool. Breed some ankys for eggs to trade and one for colour, pteras for stats and Barys just for backup if one die in cave. :)

When i deal with eggs i realized trader become online so transfered payment and got new Gacha for me and my allys. :) She have nice base with epic view after that my flying pyramid start looking ugly for me. xd

When i back i got fresh theri egg and bronto egg from my friend. Need them for weekend raising. Hope i got male theri from egg. After that i put all eggs into frige and log out. That was good day.

Sry for my eng maybe someone will understand what i wrote. :D

• Like 4

Me and a mate took the Gigas out on the island doing a hide run. Similar to folks that posted above, rare flowers, up and down the river. Up to 135k hide now. Think the Zino saddles are 16k each and we need 18 of them, so nearly half waythere.

Jumped on PC. Installed a mod for snails that feed off berries. Previously tamed a bee and 7 snails, but can’t be doing with the vegi cake upkeep. Too much else to do. So, tamed a couple of these berry snails. They produce a lot of CP!Then I stumbled across an alpha snail. These are rideable. Level 660 as well! My max dinos are 150. So, picked it up with the Argie and dropped it in my base. Man that thing can move fast, impossible to shoot. It go itself stuck on an Argies foot so I began hitting it with tranqs. 50 tranq darts and 80 tranq arrows later and it still wasn’t down. Out with the magnifying glass, but the torpor wasn’t showing. Stuff it, forcetame, it’s only a creature that’s there for a laugh. Now back to how ridiculously fast it is. Impossible to control on sprint. Barely manageable at normal speed. So let’s see if it’s a swimmer. Went into the water at herbivore island. Within 5 seconds I’m 75% of the way across the map, I’ve got my deepest depths achievement, I’m stuck on something, and I’m drowned. That was hilarious. Spawned in a dolphin, went and got my gear back, euthanised the dolphin. Think the snail is happy out at sea as it’s not shown up dead in the log. Maybe our paths will cross again sometime.

Then did a few metal runs around Herbie whilst imprinting a Ptera, and crafted a load more metal ceilings. I’m recreating a base I used to have on a now expired PS4 nitrado server. On the western tip of Carno island, incorporating a large Rex trapping pen and 2 argie traps. Will relocate there with my daughter once it’s finished and we can begin trapping Sabers and rexes and more argies to improve the breeding stock.

• Like 3

Center Official...

Its been over a week as I have been on holiday to center Parcs (UK/EU thing). So tonight I plan on logging in to see if my tribemates have kept everything going, Im sure they have. I wont bother with Rag, Ab or SE as I leave that to them anyway, Center is my main haunt so want to check that nothing died off... but Ive a feeling some things will have.

My aim tonight will be to feed everything to the point of fullness, even on single rates, and then take my new 100 imp Rex out for a levelling spree :) I think I left it at 412 last time so a few more levels will help out on the melee front as I think its sitting at 1200 currently and is taking too many chomps on things than what I like to see... seriously, 2 chomps on a 140 bronto!! :P 

Other than that, breed out some more eggs for the collection and possibly hatch a few Pteras looking for a mut or two :)

• Like 3

EU PVP Aberration Official

So after my previous encounter with the alphas, I was part expecting to log into the death screen, however after a tense loading period I log in and everything is fine and untouched, maybe they are nice alphas but the cynic in me is saying they are just waiting for me to build up some more, either way ill plan for the worst.

last night I got the first proper use of the chem bench and crafted loadsss of gun power to be split between rockets, c4, rifle and sniper bullets, now I feel a lil bit prepared I start to plan my new base just for raising and hatching rock drakes, I've already been working on the Air conditioners, I think I now have 17 but sure I remember needing over 20 to hatch,  I  might load up single player to test out so im not wasting any resources.

Still unsure of the prime position to build, cant really remember where the no build zone are but the closer to the rock drake nests the better, along with the help of my trusty spino and karkinos its shouldn't be too much trouble.

Once I have a rock drake im going to scout the tree in the center of fertile lake, Its probably taken by the alphas but there is no harm in checking, might get lucky

• Like 5

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Extinction 

Spent another evening hunting for managrmr, need that high level female. I havent had a taming project this difficult since the last time I tried taming thylas in redwoods. Saying that I only died once tonight. Before I even entered the snow I found a 140 mana kicking around outside the dome, unfortunately it was a male and so I killed it anyway. Started off clearing the spawns and I used rare flowers to help aggro everything. Was great fun being charged by ovis and megaloceros. And bless the female megaloceros, aggro and try to attack me when they cant even attack. Turns out the rare flowers dont aggrod mammoths, chalis or whooley rhinos ? Or maybe its another extinction bug lol. The flowers were also good to keep the manas I was trying to kill locked onto me rather than have them lose aggro on a whim. Although one mana took the invitation of the flowers to insta snipe me off my wyvern... cue opperation download wyvern rescue mission. Got my bag and wyvern back safely. Am still trying to work how the wild manas set target propriety.

Nearly gave up for the night but I settled on a low level 50 female mana. It was mainly the colours that attracted me to it, the yellow highlights on the horns to be precise, would go well with my male. Engaged in combat with the mana and successfully trapped it with dino gates on the first try. Cleared the aggressive wild creatures and knocked the mana out with shocking darts. Kibble tamed it up. Ment to check the food level before doing so, they seem to almost insta tame for some reason. Transfered it across to the island. I was hoping for a high level female but I can just breed the low level stats out with my male over a few generations and be left with the good male stats and the desired colour. Might have to convert the breeding barn to close it up, at least on a temporary basis, I hear baby manas a bit of a hand full. 

• Like 4

So did I lose anything whilst away... well, not really.

My tribemates did indeed feed everything so yay them but my 100% imprinted lvl 408 Rex auto decayed. He was the one that hatched at 375 and I had 25 unspent points which I accidentally put in weight to 1600 rather than melee. I was using it as a cave runner over on lava island but couldnt be arsed porting over every 3 days. 

It finally perished but I did go out on my new 100% imprinted 370 Rex which is now 415 with 1300 MD and 30k HP :) 

Bred up a few Ptera eggs ready to hatch this weekend and had a scout around to see if we had any new neighbours - all seems fairly quiet still.

Popped onto Rag to see that the half destroyed Wooden Chalet by the beach had been rebuilt with metal and the walls had been fully completed - now try adn kite a giga in there now you toxic Rag community :P

Didnt play for too long but it was good to see all is well :)

• Like 2