So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

The center xbox one small tribes

Didn't get home from work until super late so just did some odd jobs. Grabbed some more crystal for the c4 I plan to make soon to execute some off server raids and gathered a bunch of metal and cementing paste for the soon to be built turret towers. Where we are situated we cannot enter our base without a flyer so I tamed another pteranadon. I really dont want to crash multiple times while out and about and loose all my birds in rescue attempts only to be left with no way to enter or leave the base. That would suck. Hence multiple back ups. 

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Extinction

Logged on to the island and couldnt decide what to do, had Ark block. Nearly switched games but decided it would be a good oppurtunity to go tame some managarmr on Extinction, been meaning to do it for ages. So hopped on Extinction grabed the lighting wyvern and cryoed an owl up for managrmr taming. Flew round the snow biome murdering all the managarmr I could see. Got taken by surprise with the first one, froze me and my wyvern for a bit, dispatched anyway. Was fun dogfighting them with my wyvern. Swear some of the managrmr just poofed out of existance with that jump of theirs. Unfortunately they were all low levels, 10, 10, 10, 5, 15, 10, 15, 20 etc etc. Level 70 was the best I could find, still killed it. Probably not going to tame anything below 130, so is going to take more searching. Going to be great fun trying to trap one considering how random their aggro. Flew back to base and logged.

• Like 3

Aberration PVP Eu Official

Off work sick so that means one thing, breeding time !!
Decided to raise 3 ravager babies behind the entrance to old rail cave to help me out with all the evil in there.
Sadly only two made it to adulthood, one baby just randomly disappears, never mind, I never liked her anyway.

I didn't manage to get any more than 17% imprint but they still seemed to do the trick, with a little help from my shotgun.
Its kinda sad knowing these ravagers will never see the outside of this cave because they are now to big to leave, I shall name them Pit Pony and Cave Dweller.

Artifact retrieved I head back home to finish my chores where im panicked by my species X shooting for the first time, surely this cant be another person ? its been so quiet ages I have to keep telling myself im never really alone and this isnt SP. To my surprise it is a person, and a funny shaped one at that, what does he want, what are his intentions ? luckily  hes friendly and has only  come to aberration to unlock cliff platforms, I have to giggle when he told me he has been trying to make his way home for almost a week haha

I have more than enough ravagers now, so I offer him my worst one and fill its inventory with stuff that may help with his journey, 10 mins later a  get a message of thanks and hes safely made it home, see us pvp'ers arnt all evil ;)

well I say that he will probably come back and blow me to smithereens , time will tell :)

• Like 2

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: The Upsides to Virtual Pets

So, I haven’t had much time for Ark lately... right as my OSD dimorphodon flock was ready to go, real life has gotten in the way. My fifteen year old cat has been in kidney failure the last few years, and has suddenly taken a sharp decline. He’s not suffering, but it’s pretty obvious he’s probably getting ready to go.

So I haven’t been in my studio much, only for brief periods to get away from the stress. But I’ve been so emotionally exhausted I haven’t been up to pursuing anything exciting.

Instead, I’ve consulted the chart as it stands for what the new kibble system is shaping up to be. I’m pretty excited about the rework, because it makes it feasible for me to actually make my own kibble for the first time.

The soul-crushing tame cap on console always prompted me to just spawn in all the kibble types to keep in a cabinet for imprinting, because I didn’t want to give away precious slots to animals I didn’t care to own.

And the habit pursued me into PC, although it did sort of occur to me in the last few days that with a glorious 5,000 slots on PC I very well could have set up a proper kibble farm, well, you know what they say about old habits.

To that end I’ve tried to get at least one pair for each kibble type, to start feeling out what the actual egg production is like and if I’ll need to tweak my server to make it more reasonable - if needed. It’s too early to say yet.

The big question mark per the bemoaning I’ve tracked here was for titanoboas, as I’ve never had one. And I immediately ran into an ethical dilemma I don’t have for basilisks. Basilisks I can accept legitimately taming with junker rock drake eggs I’m just going to feed to my drake anyway to open the nests. But there are no trenches on Extinction, and I’m just not okay with breeding my pets and sacrificing their eggs, so, I ended up just forcetaming a level 95 that was outside my house.

Fortunately with about a hundred dimorphodons sitting about and Joan’s Egg & Poop Collector, I’m in good shape for providing unfertilized eggs for my new addition, and I figure I’ll feel things out with one...since even with many, many dimorphodons I can only feed so many snakes comfortably. Once I have a good handle on what everyone is lamenting I’ll work out how many snakes I need and to what degree egg lay interval needs to be adjusted for reasonable collection.

I also got a female kentro and a couple of female dilos.

The only category where I have nothing currently producing is for extra large. I’d ideally want rexes or gigas, but in all my time on Extinction I’ve not found one uncorrupted giga nor any rexes worth bringing in. I suppose if I’m only getting them for eggs level doesn’t matter, but again, you know what they say about old habits.

Lastly my four microraptors matured, so I populated my nursery level again last night. With help of the S+ mutator I bred my wyverns for three new babies, and actually got a color mutation on baby number three - a bright yellow body. I’m a little annoyed he’s a male, since my gold wyverns are all female, but since he’s a proper color mutation I didn’t paint him to fit my insistence on making my wyverns conform to the rules of the Dragonriders of Pern novels. I named him Loki.

Then I hatched four more dimorphodons looking for a third color mutation, with no luck, and I’m trying my hand at velonasaurs with four of them too.

I’m hoping to rally more energy to actually take on the OSDs soon, but real life has really taken it out of me lately. Once again I’m so grateful to Ark, where my sanctuaries conform to exactly what I want and I’ve taken tremendous strides to make sure I’ll never face the loss of a pet.

But as it stands I need to spend this time with Haekasu and cherish what time he has left. And Ark will be there, when the time comes and that Sanctuary will help me through.

• Like 2

Got on for a few hours and decided my first order of buisness is to breed my Megatherium to try and get a combined male and atleast another male imprinted for mateboost on brood. Didnt get a male with the combined stats, but a few better and another decent male, along with another combined female which I imprinted on.

During the imprints I did some hide farming, we were sitting over 24k ingots so I knocked out 3 saddles. I now have 7/10 of mine saddled and an extra. So close to bosses, I believe we will hit our first this weekend. Going to imprint a few more theriz.

Along my hide runs found a 145 wild theriz and knocked it out in the tame pen to see what it would comr out to. To my delight there was some Mega kibble so it got tamed up nicely....with crap stat rolls. Couldnt use a single stat so im going to sacrifice him tomorrow with pheromome darts, should be fun.

Went out to the water base (flew there forgot there was a teleporter ><) and went on my first real ocean run. Ive been before in short bursts or to tame mosas way back on official but never since probably a few months before eels were added. I was searching for some more mega teeth and hopefully a few squids, as ive never killed any before. Spent about 2 hours down there and only found one squid, got a bunch of ammonite bile and other goodies including an alpha megladon kill. Teleported back to base and logged.

Tomorrow ill start another 4 theriz and do more final boss prep (incliding making about 5 or 6 saddles ><) Should be fun :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

During the imprints I did some hide farming, we were sitting over 24k ingots so I knocked out 3 saddles. I now have 7/10 of mine saddled and an extra. So close to bosses, I believe we will hit our first this weekend. Going to imprint a few more theriz.

Tomorrow ill start another 4 theriz and do more final boss prep (incliding making about 5 or 6 saddles ><) Should be fun :) 

Could try on sunday for a boss fight ? Probably wont make it on tonight and I could thrash out more Saddles on saturday night and maybe a few theris too.

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Went out to the water base (flew there forgot there was a teleporter ><) and went on my first real ocean run. Ive been before in short bursts or to tame mosas way back on official but never since probably a few months before eels were added. I was searching for some more mega teeth and hopefully a few squids, as ive never killed any before. Spent about 2 hours down there and only found one squid, got a bunch of ammonite bile and other goodies including an alpha megladon kill. Teleported back to base and logged.

Ah ocean runs, those were the days. Spent way to many late nights running loot crates runs round the island on a mosa. Got dodgey after the eels and jellies. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Could try on sunday for a boss fight ? Probably wont make it on tonight and I could thrash out more Saddles on saturday night and maybe a few theris too.

Ah ocean runs, those were the days. Spent way to many late nights running loot crates runs round the island on a mosa. Got dodgey after the eels and jellies. 

Sounds good mate ill be on, Sunday after you finish work? Nice and early for me so that works great.

Busy busy day today. Started the night off by hatching 4 more 'just incase' boss Theriz, got 100% on each thanks to my handy Roo. Inbetween imprints I was doing small batch Hide runs with my ramshackle chainsaw, after about 2 repairs I had enough and grabbed Saltire's Ascendant one, repaired it and went on a few big hide runs. Ended up getting over 45k.

Did a preventative metal run, I plan to make some Theriz saddles tonight, at 9.5k hide, 5.5k fiber, 2k ingots and 4k wood they add up quickly. Filled the wood vault up, did a huge fiber run (and more hide runs lol) and took a break for dinner.

When I got back I prepped to mindwipe, loaded up the Replicator and a few well-placed dinos for easy metal / wood transfer (since ill have 100 cap) Gathered together a few blueprints and figured id make some absorbant substrate, been eyeing up making an asc gas mask bp. Got a lot more than expected and put a few hundred in a vault for repairs. Mind wiped and made 8x asc Theriz saddles (2x at 49%+ 138 arm, 3x at 30%+ and 3 10-15% ones) and 3x Asc gas masks.

Respecced back to normal, threw one of the gas masks in Saltire's vault, saddled my last 3 theriz I needed for my 10 and threw the others into Saltire's vault. I think we have enough saddles now. and Figured since I had the replicator running and had a bunch of extra element i'd make a few Tek troughs. We need one for our water base and a few extra around the base cant hurt ;) 

After my long crafting debacle I managed to drain over: 27k ingots, 3k+ hard poly, almost 100k hide and fiber each plus a whack of crystal etc. Our stocks are running low now, set up the production Gachas, did a few huge stone runs and loaded em up. 

Plan to run the swamp cave for more paste to process all the obsidian and level up a few boss Megatherium (plus test my new gas masks) @AngrySaltire Do you have a Megatherium BP?

• Like 1

Just now, d1nk said:

Plan to run the swamp cave for more paste to process all the obsidian and level up a few boss Megatherium (plus test my new gas masks) @AngrySaltire Do you have a Megatherium BP?

I checked a day or two ago for this reason and unfortunately not :( Double check in the bookcase just in case.

• Thanks 1

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Logged on to find a large metal sign above the door with a to do list on it for the boss. Guess what @d1nk wants me do to lol. Did my usual metal run and a hide run on the giga. Started to get my theris ready for boss fighting. Converswd with d1nk a bit and we decided to expand our forge capacity and get a second indy forge down. D1nk of course did all the hard work with thats one.

Did a bit of flying around on my new snow owl on the redwoods. Using the owls night vision is deffinatly the best way to locate thylas in the tree and with a shotgun its an easy and quick way to farm thyla claws. Did a quick run in the hard swamp cave with d1nk for cementing paste and the loot. Of course we get a better theri saddle bp after we craft most of our boss saddles with a lower amour value. Did a bit more thyla hunting and then logged of for the night.

• Like 2

Logged on this morning and while chatting, a player on the server had a nice Megatherium bp and he let me borrow it. 124 arm, costs a buttload to make, so off to the swamp cave I went. For paste runs solo I ride a frog, have one Hyeana follow me to facetank Arthos and then throw out a cryo'd mega in big rooms for risk free clearing. Got a few thousand paste, went back to base and did more hide runs. Respecced to crafting and made 2 of the Mega saddles. Our boss collection is now complete and were almost fully there for all our tributes and artifacts.. just missing two artifacts, Thylo claws, spino sails and Megalania toxin.

Went for a run on the giga for a few hours. Brought a couple hundred rare flowers and just cleaned the whole redwoods and 5050 river over and over trying to force Spinos and thylo to spawn... not a single one.

As I got back and took a short break Saltire logged in. We organized our boss tames, he teleported some to our water base for storage and then we did another swamp cave run. Its so much easier with two. Ill spare the details because above mentioned. 120 arm theriz saddle looted though :) After we made 20 off the 100 arm bp we have.. oh well.

Saltire farmed artifacts while I built some base stuff and did a few random chores. After saltire logged I went onna cave venture to Lower south to grab a few artifacts of the hunter. Brought flowers with me to get some megalania kills.. oh boy. Some of the rooms id pull like 8 artho from the ceilings, a couple times I almost killed my bary just from the sheer amount of acid damage from attacking arthos. Needless to say I went threw a few sets of armour.. made a small bed spot near artifact.. not sure why just felt like it. Walked out with 3 artifacts and 6 or 8 megalania toxins. 

Got back to base and decided its time I made a Tek Forcefield. Did a small metal run and crafted some poly, luckily I killed quite a few alphas on my ventures today and had a whack of element dust to spend. After I made the forcefield did another metal run, a long run on giga for spinos with flowers again (this time got 1 sail..) and started deploying all my boss tames to the water base for bosses tomorrow.

Placed the Tek trough at the water base (perfect fluke placement too!) Then sorted all my theriz, megas and Saltire's Yuty to storage there.

As it stands were just missing Artifact of the pack x2 and I think.. 14 spino sails and we can knock out potentially 1x Med Brood, 1x Med Monkey and 1x Alpha Monkey tomorrow (depending on ease) 

Going to make more veggie cakes tonight and farm up a few last minute items. If i Have time ill try to get a few more spino sails. Side track: Been hankering a no tame playthrough again after reading a post on the forums, after I finish phase 1 of the bosses im going to start a side project; No Tames on an alt gamertag on The Island. Ill use it to farm some artifacts and such on foot, add a bit of spice to my grinding. 

• Like 2

I tried to play on a private server with my friend but of how poopty your game is I couldn’t go in the water or on land without home being in/on one of them. Fix this problem immediately. I want to play this game how I used to play it. Focus more on trying to fix it than adding stupid things that barely help the players. 

7 hours ago, LilManMikey said:

I tried to play on a private server with my friend but of how poopty your game is I couldn’t go in the water or on land without home being in/on one of them. Fix this problem immediately. I want to play this game how I used to play it. Focus more on trying to fix it than adding stupid things that barely help the players. 

This is the wrong thread for that.

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Started off the night by doing a quick artifact run with my bary for the boss fights. Started of in the Upper South cave for the Artifact of the Pack. Went smoothly enough. Managed to find my way to the artifact really easily, last time I did it, I got lost in the water maze bit. Did get meshed by an arthro at one point and it got my boots but that didnt matter. Got two artifacts here and made it out.

Ran over the the lava cave to grab the Artifact of the Massive. Last time went so well I died and lost everything. This time went well, d1nk even put in a few bridges to help me out over the lava bit. Funnily enough a bridge wasnt built where I died so I still had to brave that hole. Got to the artifact and nearly trod on a sleeping megalosaur having a kip next to the artifact. Moved away and kitted it into the lava. Retreived 2 artifacts and made it out the cave without dying.

Teleported over to the Artifact of the Devourer Cave on carno island. Made it through the cave and cleared out the surrounding area. Dashed into the hoard next to the artifact for the fun of it but got ambushed by a 145 wild megalosaur  which unmounted me. A melee ensured and somehow I made it out a live. Got 2 artifacts, really do love otters lol

Finally got the prep together with d1nk and another player on the server, and set up a few boss fight rounds. We did 2 beta brood mothers and a single beta megapethicus. All went without a hitch. I went in on a yuty and d1nk a megatherium for the brood and a theri for the monkey, Ross went with his battle chalicotherium in the brood mother. Must have misscounted for the monkey as the chali failed to teleport into the arena, so that was a bit hairy. Was a bit worried with the monkey, a few theris got a bit to close to the hole of instant death with the knockback from the monkey, did have a quick attempt to reposition the theris but ended up just slogging it. Got ALOT of element from the fights, joys of an unofficial servers. Think each fight gave about 700 element.  

Did a quick metal run and filled up both the forges and filled up the obsisian and black pearl gachas with stone. Crafted uo a suit of tek armour and a rifle now we are apparantly made of element.

Kinda half tempted to try and solo a gamma broodmother at somepoint to see how much element it gives, especially if its easier on the farming of the tributes. Got nearly enough theris myself and I have a few rexs I can add to bulk out the team. Shall give it some thought, still alot to lose if I much up or dc or something lol.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Kinda half tempted to try and solo a gamma broodmother at somepoint to see how much element it gives, especially if its easier on the farming of the tributes. Got nearly enough theris myself and I have a few rexs I can add to bulk out the team. Shall give it some thought, still alot to lose if I much up or dc or something lol.

You can do it man! I was thinking the same thing ;) You're going to want some Megatherium, my 650 melee mega was hitting 1600 on brood

• Thanks 1

Name of the game today; Boss Prep! 

I wont double-write the story so ill just fill in details with what Saltire didnt cover. Before saltire logged in today I took a few Megalania I caught last night on Ragnarok and bred them to test. Each baby spawns with 2 toxin in their inventory, score! Killed about 10 babies and stocked up our toxin.

Since weve had our eyes on  Ape ive been searching for spino sails.. Been religiously clearing the rivers every 30 mins for days trying to force spawn some in and for all my effort we got just enough to do Beta Ape.. (5) Ill have to change locations to farm the sails needed to get down alpha ape for the trophy. 

Did a few material runs, a quick metal run and placed the tek forcefield to test. A lot cooler than i thought, shame the 5 minute timer to activate or it could be used in a few neat ways. Wish I had one on Aberration, could have made a small safe spot to hunt drake eggs :P 

Once Saltire logged in we went about prep. He was off getting Artifacts and I stayed behind to make cakes, do a few last minute river runs and built a small bed spot at blue obelisk incase DC's.

Bosses went well, when I heard element drops were boosted I figured 2x or something.. wow :P 

Got back and just sat around in the Tek Pod while I cleaned up around the house. Did a lot of grinding this weekend and it feels good to finally get some bosses down on this cluster! Taking a break the rest of the night and next time I get on ill start my alternate playthrough to work on when I need a change of scenery!

• Like 2

The Center Small Tribes Xbox

Had a few beers previously so had to be careful because we all know how ark and drinking goes when you've had a few too many. We haven't been raided or wiped in around three weeks now so we've felt safe enough to be taming for kibble. Added four scorpions to the collection and finally found some citronal seeds to make bug repellant for pachy taming for a bullet soaker and for kibble to train a new high level ankylo. 

• Like 2