So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Eu Abberation Official

Busy weekend but another quiet one, feel like I got a lot done, mostly alone on the server apart from a couple of visitors probably just logging in to reset timers, I did hear a rock drake gliding above which scared me and kept me inside peeking out the windows until I knew the coast was clear, yeah im that person lol.

Taking advantage of the event, I got all the mats for the new chem bench, industrial cooker and converted all my base to metal, I seem to get much more done when im solo.

I feel im actively being lulled into a false sense of security due to the low population of the server, decided to break out of this and craft 50+ crop plots for species X, gotta say I do miss the old species x animations.

Placed all crop plots and set up an irrigation system and all full to the brim of fert thanks to my trusty beetles, now to journey for the seeds.

Hiked down the river on the trusty new Spino ( not the 145 I had hoped for but a level 100, better than nothing I suppose), this is my first Spino since the TLC so enjoying the new features, my trusty roll rat (Rat Slater) is on follow to get the seeds when we arrive.

We arrive to a pretty uneventful scene, not much wildlife in view, that relaxes me :)so 10/15 mins later I have enough seeds so head back home

A few hours later all plants are in full bloom, I start to think it would look nicer with a mix of species Z and X but that can be for another day, my base is starting to look the part, down side it may start to attract some unwanted attention but hey cant stay in a 4x4 forever, I suppose it looks like im protecting some great loot or high level tames but who ever raids me will be disappointed to find an empty vault haha.

Tonight I will be doing my first aberration cave venture, I love the atmosphere of cave runs, something tells me its not gonna go smooth

but time will tell ....

• Like 2

The center small tribes xbox

Wife and I went cross server raiding again to another ragnarok server. Really want to cross server raid instead of raiding our own. Chose one with a smaller population to try and avoid being raided ourselves by griefers on manas unlike our last attempt. 

Was really disappointing to start with as I transferred from our home server at the same time as the game crashed so it took me three to four attempts to get back on and about ten minutes. This is because every time I got back onto the rag server it would freeze on the upload character screen. Good times. 

After about 20 to 30 minutes of flying from red ob, through the red woods, over the mountain range, through the desert and into the snow we hadn't found a single unraided base. Finally we found a large alpha base with a 15 day timer which had been raided. Flew in and checked the burner, nothing. Checked the smithy, bingo! 3k gunpowder. Thank you sir. 

Blew into the base, found the owner logged and took their journeyman flak and riot gear. 

There was no pvp or even a single other base we could find afterwards so we uploaded all the gunpowder and logged. 

• Like 2

I would love to say me... but I would be lying. We have a rag base right on the beach by the lighthouse, absolutely serene it is. Or should I say was. 

Some buggers kited a Giga into the water and around my walls and from the water came into my beachside paradise home and wiped out 3 Wyverns and chomped on much of the woodland chalet that was perfect for feeling like you were in another world. 

So basically we have replaced the many glass windows that were smashed, raised the main walls, and closed off the water with a behemoth gate and further metal walls so nothing can get in. 

The base itself has had nearly every panel replaced with metal - it doesnt look as nice but its a lot more secure - damned griefers.

Started replacing the wyverns with 4 180s and a 185 Black and White poison so my tribemates will be on new flyers now :)

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Single Player Island

flew around to some places I hadn’t been before. I’m actually looking for a place to set up a new base. Ideally somewhere I can take all my dinos, rather central so I can go everywhere. At the moment I have most of my stuff on herbivore island, which is fine, but far away from everything. Any suggestions as to where I can settle?

We have our Island base at 50 50. Literally the most central location, all types except snow tames near. I would recommend this spot, theres a few spots you can build at 5050, whether its on the river side cliff plateu (our spot) or across in the redwoods, down a bit towards red ob or many other flat spots along the main river. 

Theres a spot in a sort of 'canyon' just towards green on the main river, across from that fallen redwood tree that bridges the river that ive always wanted to build at, beaver dams right outside your gates!  Also another spot towards red, across the river from swamp cave theres a big rock cliff thats raised up along the river, had a base there and loved it. Very close to swamp, redwoods, volcano and even (again) beaver dams just below you in that river bay. Also across from this towards redwoods in arguably the best fishing spot ever, that small deep pool along sandy part by swamp

• Like 2

Newly named and consolidated cluster, Western Canadian ragnarok ranch/island paradise/scorched limited

Been playing alot since then Christmas break. The group decided to ascend the island and write off scorched by the new year. Alot of time was spent running the artifacts and collecting the tributes for each alpha boss. Tribemate had been busy developing the army for each battle prior so we had a good healthy set of mega, theri, and allos that were used for the brood, dragon, and megapith respectively. He did well in raising them and the yutys we rode into battle. Flawless and quick finishes.  

Overseer went a bit different.  We went yuty only with flak and alot of shotty and rifle rounds. The cave was surprisingly easy.  We ran passed the first giga and only killed what we needed to kill. The last giga we ran by and pulled into the lava.  Port up and engage overseer. It took time due to the lack if dps  but we systematically tried to boost, attack, dodge the dismount ray and the cluster of defense units.  We lost one yuty and he was left on foot like mid battle.  I kept  close watch over him and provided support for the other while he focused on attack.  It worked out pretty well and we managed to take it down without further issues. Yay alpha ascension weeeooo. 

Finally done with the island we move our efforts to scorched. We set out simply to get manticore, notes and chronologically move to the next ark...but I'll continue that later.  

• Like 4

Didn't get on last night as expected so having just over an hour spare this morning I decided to log on to our unofficial PvE Extinction server and boss the bosses - well 2 of them at least - Ice Titan and Desert Titan.

Logged on, grabbed tributes and headed to the desert cave on my Managmanr - threw out my Giga pokeball (cryopod) and walked the cave on Gina ignoring as much as possible.  Got to the end in only a few minutes, threw out my Managmanr and activated the portal.

Made short work of the Desert Titan kill by using Ice Breath from the highest land point where I just had to avoid the lightning bolts and shoot from the ground.

40 minutes left... a couple of stamina stops later and I'm at the Ice cave entrance.  I decided to head in on my Managmanr... purlovias dismount me but got Tek gear on so jetpack up and out of there quickly whistling the Managmanr to follow me I run (jetpack over) the rest of the cave and activate the portal.

Ice titan spawns in and aggros the rhinos/wolves etc. that are already out there leaving me to avoid any attack and keep my distance to kill it off...... time for work!!

Tonight we will no doubt re-do all Titan kills for the trophies and loot then not sure when but will eventually (possibly weekend?) re-tame them all and have another go on the King Titan - Gamma.

• Like 1

Got on last night for a little bit. Went to log in and I guess The Island was down so I hopped over to Ragnarok. Didnt know what to do, so hopped on the wyvern and went to get some drops from the desert hopefully get some more stuff for rag like giga saddles and some gas masks. 

Spent a few hours getting desert drops and desert sky drops hoping for another chainsaw. Decided i should get some Thyla going, since I really didnt know what to do so i went to the highlands with some cakes to get some sheep to tame the thyla. Flew around for over an hour killing everything trying to force spawns. Gave up and did another drop run.

Came back about an hour later and continued killing trying to get one ovis to spawn...no luck. Did some googling and people suggested staying in one spot, so I parked near where I know sheep spawn and went AFK. Flew around again killing, no luck. Tried again to AFK in a different spot, now 2 hours have passed on my second run and I gave up and went home, went to bed. The Island will probably be up next time I play so ill just grab a few sheep babies to keep on ragnarok incase.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Spent a few hours getting desert drops and desert sky drops hoping for another chainsaw. Decided i should get some Thyla going, since I really didnt know what to do so i went to the highlands with some cakes to get some sheep to tame the thyla. Flew around for over an hour killing everything trying to force spawns. Gave up and did another drop run.

If you want a good thyla I could transfer my breeders across ? 

Private Xbox Cluster

The Island and Extinction

Popped on to check my player levels after cooking in the tek sleeping pod for a few days, just hit pre-ascension cap on The Island, and up to level 95 on Extinction so almost there.

Next session will consist of an early prep for a server transfer as main server (Ragnarok) is nearing the official standard of playable state. 

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island.

So last night I had just logged on and started a metal run when the server kicked me then went down and wouldnt start up again. So theres me my anky and wyvern stuck up obsidian mountain...

So fast forward to tonight and to my joy when the server went down it rolled back a bit and I am a home and safe back at base. Did my usual metal run and then finished up my snow owl project. Got all the stats and colours into a male and female. Now I just need to hatch a few eggs and imprint on them !

Went out on a titan hunt with my giga to harvest up hide. Unfortunately I forgot to turn my giga onto passive so when I killed the titan and hopped off my giga the giga promptly ate the titan before I could even pull out my chainsaw. Oh well on the positive took out the titan with out it getting a single hit on the giga, so thats a first.

Think next time I am on I think I will do a bit of converting to the waterbase. We have a spare tek teleporter and it would link the waterbase to the main base nicely. Shall probably demolish the breeding barn there and put down the teleporter in its place. 

• Like 2

Got on for a little bit in the morning then a little bit later that night. Just basically chatted with Saltire while I was on in the morning, leveled some dinos while he killed breed rejects and did a small hide run. Took the teleport to blue ob and did a small metal run then made up gunpowder and logged.

Got on later and bred some back up Ovis, once they were done went on a big metal run, filled the forge, took charcoal out and made a couple hundred shotgun rounds with some auto turret ammo after. Went AFK until log and called it a night

• Like 2

Me and a buddy were traveling between bases when we spotted a high lvl griffin. So, we grabbed our tribemate’s griffin to go tame it. The wild griffin killed our tamed griffin, and disappeared in the ensuing pandemonium. We eventually found another, considerably lower level than the original tamed griffin, to tame as an “I’m sorry” replacement griffin.  

And that concluded the allotted Ark time I had. Not very efficient...

Not today, but recently, I got a red drop and got an Acesdent crossbow, 620 damage and 1400 durability. then fifteen minutes later, i found an alpha raptor that didn't attack at all so i killed that. five minutes later, the friend i was playing with got a 200 damage mastercraft crossbow, mastercraft pick, journeyman pick, and ascendant ghillie chest piece for 399.0 armor

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - The Island 

Now I have finaly finished the snow owl breeding project I started off the night by raising up a few snow owls to imprint for personal use.  Love it when you put the effort into breeding in the stats and colours you want and you get that tame thats just that little bit more personal. Got both owls to 100% imprint. Cryoed one as a spare and left other out for general use.

Then went across to the western seabase and began to tek it up a bit. Demolished the breeding barn and put down enough stone foundations in its place to accomodate a tek teleporter. Installed the tek geny in the generator room and put down the tek teleporter. Its great to finaly link the two bases together with the teleporters, makes jumping between bases much more convient and I might start using the base a bit now that I can jump between them. Could never really be bothered flying back and forth. Also swaped out the standard doors with tek doors. 

Finished up the night by doing a metal and obsidian run up blue ob mountain and obsidian mountain. Filled up the industrial forge and logged. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2