So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Unofficial ragnarok

Maaaaan chasing raptor claus is a good time, especially when I gotta race the aussies on my sever ( griffins can beat a tek suit if you got diving space lol) got soo much asc loot lots of which I'm gonna give to my roommates cause they both just started up and loving it 

Got my lime yuty back from my homie kalypso with a egg , tipped her a all pink event rex ...merry Christmas lol hatched the egg and it was gorgeous , lime green and cyan with yellow accents and with great stats so I hit an imprint and cryopoded lil Dimitri , raided some ice wyvern nests got 2 level 88 and a 160 whaaaaaack but okay 

Tamed even more griffins mainly cause I love the dogfight and I need them for wyvern runs..poor griffs dont realize I'm only keeping the high levels the rest are probably gonna end up wyvern food lol

No event rexes and no event gigas though of course , I need to sell some rexes or pod a few they are all over the place lol , finally! Got my event bear probably the last of the events too before the holiday event ones came in yesterday.  Probably gonna hatch my 12 allo eggs tonight cause why not? 

If I can get some cover fire I'll go scoop some wyvern eggs from the scar hopefully my Griffin team will do better than the pteras I lost last 3 attempts ?

Now I just need to figure out how to get my gf playing lol

Edited by Ninjasharrk
  • Like 2

Logged on lagged into the base for 5 minutes , after it rubber bands me I know I can play , tribe needed gunpowder so I went and hit some rocks with a doedi , blackscreen,  log back on finish hitting rocks , fly back to base and transfer all from doed to me and back into chem bench 6 times , pressed craft , then flew off and hit more rocks , transfer All a few more times and blackscreen again . Log back in walked to vault grabbed c4 and long neck and a ptera out the cryo fridge then walked to transmitter and looked for highest pop island server 43/70 gotta be some action there right ? 

Spawned at East 1 threw out cryopod and jumped on bird , I flew whole map looking for a base to raid or some tames to kill. There was no bases , just low level bobs and stone huts , killed a few low levels and blew a few huts but no bases worth hitting or loot to take no one even had a tame , I maybe killed 5 dodos and a parasour looking for a decent base to raid . But nothing , alpha must have been hiding in a sea cave or something. After about an hour of flying round pointlessly I saw 5 guys pull up on the beach and throw out tames , I just laughed to my self high pop server attracts endless trolls and there isn't even anyone left to kill , i just transfered back home let them guys fly round a dead map like I just did . 

This one might be in two parts. Ive veen having bad wind storms where I live, winds up to 100km/h (63mph for americans) and my power's been knocked out a few times.

Left off hatching Argies and placing Tek rep. Got one argy 100% and the other 75% theyre just to replace my current breeding pair so the unimprinted ones can go to outposts or be used as disposable. Finished up my crafting room for now, placed some more plant X. Ive been having terrible dino spawns in my base despite being foundationed so ive had a group of aggressive tethered dimorphs working overtime. Need more plants.

A player on the server happened to have a ramshackle theriz blueprint and his base was located in Sunken, never been so I went on by. I by chance precrafted a bunch of stone for an outpost anyways, not realizing I can tame Gacha with it. Two birds stoned.

Saw a few bases down there and settled uptop a small rock with a spawn hut and two clff platforms to even it out. The first Gacha I saw was a level 55 red one, wanted to test taming and it came out as a black pearl mat. That baby has been pumping overtime. I realized after I set up that im a few renders away from @AngrySaltire again (sorry! Didnt mean to!) Luckily its just an outpost. 

I tamed another gacha, 135 came out with crap. I kept it pokeballed incase I want to breed em later. On my way back from gacha searching I stumbled upon my first power kick due to the storm. Got DC'd way up in the air, was only able to get my griffin back from climbing up and gliding near to whistle follow all. After that ordeal tried to tame another gacha (failed) some 145 i guess someone tried to tame earlier, then flew back home.

Had a few more kicks so I farmed black pearls with my gacha for hours and did base stuff. Few mat runs and other tid bits then flew to Snow to get an owl. I plan to tame here lots so i set a slightly bigger outpost up and searched for over 2 hours for a decent owl. I finally got a 125 and tamed it. Starting kicking again so i went home. 

After dinner I went back to snow to find a better owl. I wasnt going to muck around with spawns again so I brought my imprinted drake trench dino with a decent saddle. Ive been massacring snow forcing spawns. Just as i arrived back to base my power got kicked again. Im not sure itll get back on tonight so i figured id write down my story beforehand. If i get a part 2 ill just throw another one down because this ended up longer than I intended hah! 

#fixOGxbox1textures

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

So last night was a real insight into what others have been doing with their lives. I logged in and went about my usual - hatch a Pteranodon another 310 :( Cant seem to get any further muts or my other stats to come onto my Yellow, Cyan and Magenta bird. Tribemate is raising it as he wants to imprint upon it - it looks great but its still missing a few stats.

I started to talk to a guy on here who has 3 new stats I could use, and he could use 3 of mine so we are fairly equal but his are clean - really nice.

We talk, we trade and I am now starting a new clean line in which has given me a new lease of life to breed and tame more Pteras (I had given it a 6 month break). Im happy again. I like raising them, and having something to start fresh from allows me to sink some time back into ARK. 3 Gigas are currently being raised so whats a few more Pteras to throw in there.

I went Raptor Clausing but didnt get any as the server is manic just now so I am just running lava cave drops instead - nothing decent here either.

So last night I started to raise my new clean 310 ready to breed it out a few times so I have spares :) I ran some metal excursions and generally kept the global chat occupied. Oh and I cloned an Ele Gacha too - which seems to give an average of 135 dust per crystal - not too shabby.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 1

So the power came on a lot sooner than I thought and i was able to finish the night off. Continued my snow killing and eventually found a 130 snow owl, male to accompany my fem. It was red body white trims :) 

Was able to hit Raptor claus a few times and get 3-5 crats each time. From snow biome you can see him easier and it was just a matter of not landing in corrupted gangbangs. Flew home after raptor, as U passed green ob I saw a beautiful black and red quetz. Ive passed it before and i figured why not?! Had 50 darts still, started presuit. The thing ended up getting glitched on the invisible tower, then got stuck above my base. I ran out of tranqs so I had to land and make a prim bow and some arrows (left xbow in snow ><) Finally got it down, threw a precautionary structure around it and let it tame up. Came out 193 and is a mate for my 145 i tamed on Ragnarok! Time to get some quetz babes flowing!

Went back to base, cryo'd the quetz and bred my snow owls. Went to the obelisk go send some owl eggs to Rag and my new shiny quetz. As I put the pokeball in the terminal cloud something happened... i watched it go into the cloud with the appropriate text and all then it vanished before my eyes. I looked everywhere and it was nowhere to be found :( Luckily we have a cool admin and he agreed to replace it for me :) 

Bred a few owls and got 100% imprint on one, some how it came out with green wings?? No mutations.. ill take it. 

Went to Aberration to clean up a bunch of stuff, transfer a few tames over and demolised my extra forge, transmitter etc for metal and poly. Still had 50 element there so I made a tek behe gate frame and left the rest in the community transmitter for the next person.

Got back to Extinction then found a 544% sword blueprint from raptor claus, fed my 60 miseltoe to a gacha claus (didnt work??) Found a level 145 enforcer, got an asc bp. All over 100% stats, might craft it today, then went to sleep.

• Like 1

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Aberation and Ragnarok 

Started of the night on Aberation. Began to strip down my base in preparation of the server changing to the island map. Went on the hunt for a high level male featherlight I still needed. Went looking on tge route down to the drake trench but no luck. Ended uo in the Elemental Vault where I found my 150 female. Tamed up a medium level one near the cave entrance but I lucked out on a 150 male in the room before the artifact. Nearly died multiple times so didnt fancy going all the way. An athro got all my armour and I got swarmed a few times by seeker and megalos.

Hoped onto Ragnarok and transfered stuff over. Went on a Raptor Claus hunt but no luck at all tonight just the usual rubbish. Bred up my basilos again. Struck lucky with a set of male/female twins with the good stats. Kept an extra female with the blue colour I liked despite it not having the high stamina. Traded with @d1nk, got some of his shiny new quetzal eggs and I traded some of my giga eggs and some baby basilosaurus. 

• Like 2

Updated my servers and turned them on for the weekend. I hopped on The Island and did a dino wipe and saw all the cool color combos, along with the Gaucha Claus. I wasn't ready when Raptor Claus showed up the first time and only made it to one drop, nothing great. I turned in the coal and mistletoe and didn't get anything great either.

The next night, I was ready. My lightning wyvern and I saw Raptor Claus shortly after midnight and speeded in that direction. His first gift landed on a cliff face overlooking the sea in the snow area. I didn't have a good feeling about trying to get it, so we skipped that one. The next one was on the side of a nearby mountain. We landed, and I hopped off. As I'm grabbing the gift, I hear wolves. I do a take all, and a wolf knocks me a bit down the mountain. He falls farther down and can't get back up to me. This is when my neutral wyvern goes on the attack. He's flying around, biting wolves. I keep losing him in the darkness, but see his name plate once in a while. While this is happening, I'm picturing three Gigas, dressed as ninjas, sneaking up on me. Finally, Vorhost, my wyvern, circles back and I'm able to hop on. The next three drops I manage to make it to don't cause any problems aside from burdening my wyvern with building materials.

I got a decent crossbow BP, along with two nice ascendant ghillie BPs. I also got some dust and a few pods, and a smattering of other things. I head to the nearest Gaucha Claus, turn stuff in, and get nothing too exciting. So we fly back to base to put all the stuff away.

Now that I have the engram for the pods, I decide to see if I can find a good pair of bears to mate, so I can pod a couple into the hard snow cave next time I try it. I see several really cool looking ones, but none are over one hundred. Today, I have Ragnarok running on my second server, and I think I'm going to head over there, do a dino wipe, and go out bear shopping.

• Like 2

Yesterday was a productive day! Logged on Extinction first, got some base work done and made a Transmitter, finished the gate for my  Tek Behe gate and placed both. I keep having spawn issues even after putting more foundations and more plant x so i installed a few auto turrets as good measure. Ive already had a level 100+ enforcer in here and it wasnt THAT bad for my dinorphodons I dont trust it.

My replacement quetz from the other night was ready so I hopped over to Rag to meet the server admin. Saltire was over there, I got the quetz (went for a ride on Rone's teleporter) then went home to start making baby quetz! I made up a tonne of eggs and even made a trade with @AngrySaltire for some quetz eggs for some fert giga eggs and even worked in a few bred Basil's that he didnt want. Now I need to actually make a water base! 

I raised a few quetz, let the gigas pop and out of the 4 eggs from Saltire I got 4 females >< Killed off one that was lower level, bookmarked one for Extinction and let the other 2 raise. After a quick stop by Saltires to pick up the Basil I went back to popping more quetz eggs. The raise time here is pretty good so I was able to get most stats combined then get a 2nd gen going.

After that I went for a desert drop run to look for a few premade giga ans quetz saddles, did a few cycles and scouted out a water base. Theres not much free real estate here so I settled on a outer island SW spot then headed home. Got back to base and started precrafting like mad. I made over 20 behemoth gate sets and a big premade base. After imprinting a Snow Owl I gathered up tames and building pieces to make a small Canyon outpost for metal. Im sick if flying back and forth, lets use Tek!

Mined some ingots then logged off, today ill be finilizing my quetz line and (hopefully) getting some time in on Extinction!

Edit: Forgot to add; hitup Raptor Claus a bunch, the only drop worth noting is ab Asc Gasbag bp. Also made over 50 veggie cakes to bring to Ext. (@AngrySaltire you need some?)

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Ragnarok 

Not much today. Crafted up a few heavy turrets and auto turrets and installed them onto my wyvern trap outpost. Plan to use to make wyvern egg raiding easier. Cleared out the trench of all the spoiled eggs, hopefully I got them all. Turrets shreaded everything. Took out a 170 alpha wyvern on my fire wyvern, didnt even get a level on myself or my wyvern haha must be too high a level.

Chased raptor claus. Got the usual loot nothing to exciting except a asc flak chest peice and an mc gasbag saddle. Also had fun landing on the drops.

20181222_225013.thumb.jpg.50ed8a72e061adf5cd8e679b73e60dbb.jpg

Finished up the basilosaurus I started raising last night ready for breeding proper ones to use.

• Like 1

I transfer to Ragnarok on my second server, and . . . no beds are showing on the map for me to spawn at. It's been a while since I've loaded this map, but I know I had an outpost here by Blue Obi. *Shrug* So I spawn in that general area, and when it's light enough, I make my way over. Turns out my base and taming pen are still there just no bed to be found. Weird! I make a bed, do a dino wipe, grab my Quetz, and head out to the bear cave in the snow area by the waterfall.

I end up with three 140 males and a 130 female. According to Dododex, their stats are average aside from one with a high oxygen roll. Woo Hoo . . . Anyway, I get everyone back to my island server and breed them. The baby arrives, and only the top of its head is showing through the floor. I manage to imprint and throw some berries on it before it disappears completely, at least. Then I realize it's getting late and head out to do some Raptor Clausing.

I've never used Shadow Steak before, but I have one from a previous RC (Raptor Claus) run and decide to give it a go. That stuff is awesome for this event. For the most part, I get the usual stuff, but one drop nets me like four ascendant lances. My grinder loves these, and I won't have to go obsidian gathering for a long, long time.

I get back to base and see the top third of a fully grown bear, poking up through the floor. To make a long story short, I rearranged a lot of things when I podded a bunch of dinos, and my new bear breeding area is a spot where I used ceilings for the floor. It had been so long that I'd forgotten. Duh! Anyway, I'll see where I can move them next time.

• Like 2

Yesterday i spent most of the day chasing Raptor Claus and breeding Quetz. I got my quetz line sorted, twin male and fem with all stats then worked in my colour, got the same. Now I can send over some eggs to Extinction. Saltire dropped by to give me some more Giga eggs since I didnt get a male from his, first egg hatched were triplet males..Ark must be paying me back! Killed one of them for sweet sweet exp, let them raise up while I did other things.

I did a few mat runs, more metal paste ans obsidian. Made up my forge for my new canyon metal spot and finally got to my new water base area on Obsidian Isl. Placed 70% of the base then did a quick obsidian run, they dont call it obsidian isl for nothing!

After dinner took the rest of the night off, started Game of Thrones again. 

Noteable RC drops: Premade sword with ridiculous dmg.. 634% with 950 dura and a flak chest bp with 290 arm 1100 dura.. my new goto chest :) 

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado Server - Ragnarok 

Spent the evening hunting wyvern eggs. Want to raise some good wyverns up for the Island when the aberation map on our cluster swaps over.  After a raptor cluas chase I noticed a 180 Ice Wyvern on the murder snow so I looked nearby for its nest and hey presto a 180 Ice Wyvern egg in a nest. Am glad I spent the last few nights clearing out the spoiled eggs for that. Tried to lose agro of the 180 wyevrn which I did, just incase it hung around and spawned more eggs in, but no doubt itll just despawn.

Went across to the highlands for some high level fire and lightning eggs. Fired up the wyvern shredder and started looking for eggs. Having way too much fun leading the wild wyverns to the turret battery. Found a lot of high level lightnings and a few poisons but I didnt have any luck with fires. Traded @d1nk a 170 lightning for some hard poly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well today I went scouting around the map for a good piece of land to build a new base, and on my way back home I passed through a part of the map I never go to...only to discover a long-lost group of dinos I thought had glitched and despawned. I did manage to safely get them all back home to my other dinos in the end. Afterwards, I reorganized them into their groups and set up some lights around the perimeter so they can all be well lit at night. I'm currently contemplating whether or not I should really take them to some new land since it's pretty far away, but I think my next step will be finding a mate for my Allo and measuring my dinos so I can build some sort of protected enclosure for them.

• Like 3

I hatched a new Red Rex ready for my next 100% imprinted battle beast (the last one now runs lava cave with its 1600 weight). It came out at 370 so its about right give or take 10 levels, considering the first Rex I hatched was a 392 (way too close to going poof so I put that one down).

I went and harvested Thyla claws and we ran Alpha Brood and Ape - took some non server players along too so they could get the engrams - nice chaps actually.

It was pretty run of the mill this weekend, raising my Giga, Rex, new Ptera and some little ones too. Then I went and pissed off some Wyverns in the trench. Ive done it once or twice but on this occassion I probablt spent over two hrs in there on a Ptera pissing off the locals and then fleeing back by our Gigas parked by the entrance. The Gigas shredded the lot and were hardly touched by even the Alphas which were also found wanting.

I hadnt had fun on ARK like this for a long time. There were a lot of Wyvs but the best egg I found was a 100 Lightning... meh, I was hungry.

Ill have another little play later when home from work, but other than raising my Giga and Rex, it will just be a case of trying for a decent Wyv event egg I guess.

• Like 1

Tamed a low level argy to get around a bit easier without dying to Raptors a million times. Raided a few stone bases while she was taming but nothing ground breaking loot wise. I put down a fabricator not far from my wife and I base open to the world to hopefully discourage griefers from blowing it up for fun. So looking forward to scouring the map on the argie for juicy c4 targets and a bit of pvp. I see a lot of raised metal bases so I'm thinking the alphas are in a bubble underwater and periodically scour the map clean of any potential competition. Thinking its probably.more wise to stick to stone and play raider for fun, why bother going to the effort of  metal base and the grind of turrets if the alpha will just wipe you while you sleep or work? 

• Like 1

Did some general maintenance, feeding, filling generators, etc. Afterward, I bred the bears again and got a male, so now I have a mate boosted pair for the snow cave. I started leveling them, and then finished the rest of the day with several RC runs and making two ascendant direbear saddles.  Today will probably be more leveling and possibly a cave run. Or maybe, I should get an otter or two. Hmm...

• Like 1