So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Extinction 

Started off by searching for an OSD. As I logged in I heard two come down, so I hoped on the owl and went to check them out. One was a puple and the other red, no way I am taking those on, I want blue or yellow. Ended up not finding any more and didnt see or hear any others for the rest of the night. Kinda wish you could chose the colour of the drop when you activate it... would save so much time lol.

Instead went on the hunt again for a high level snow owl. Owl proofed my trap, no way the owls are escaping now. Culled all the low levels but spotted a cool white/blue level 15 so I tamed it up, might be useful for its colours but at least its a source for feeding my gachas. Eventually found a 145 male just a stones throw from my trap, so kited it away from the usual brawl and into the trap. Downed and tamed it, happy days all I need now is a high level female for breeding.

• Like 1

Pretty crazy night , my cluster is shutting down ABB cause nobody really goes on it . So I figured I have a week to get a mating pair of raps and spinos maybe a ravager or two . So I loaded up lexy ( a high level rex ) and stocked up on tranqs and went raptor hunting,  transferred over to abb snd immediately got lost lol . Some ravagers almost messed up lexy so I was being veeeerrry careful , downed a level 270 raptor tamed her at 401 , so i figured take her home quick ...and quickly got ambushed by a level 280 basilisk ..awesome now I'm without raptor , carefully walked lexy down a ledge and was taming a mating pair of low level raps and I saw the scariest thing ever....a warning saying the server will shut down in 300 seconds. And I figured if we get caught down here me and lexy are done , I figured shes stuck and I'll have to start my character all over again . I had literally the maddest dash home, left the Raptors and we barely made it back to the transmitter...with less than 60 seconds to spare . But the ark gods giveth and taketh , there was a high level female rex hanging out by my rag base , so I tamed her up made some eggs , did some feeding and signed off for the night 

I forgot how scary ABB is lol

• Sad 1

Last night I had already resigned myself for playing just the 1hr as I am far too tired at work just now.

I logged on Ext and flew around the city looking the holy grail of an enforcer BP. Found a 135 and it was an MC with 120 Health but only 50% damage - killed about 40 in the hr but nothing of any use - claimed a lot of dust though. I started off on my Ptera but I started to realise quite quickly that the higher lvl enforcers start to cause some proper damage after 2 or three fights so I went back and got my new argy out - also gets the healing buff from eating doesnt it so it made more sense.

The hr flew by, so tonight I'll be out again... think I would like at least 110% Health and 75+% damage - not sure how rare this would be - also needs to be a lvl 120+ really.

• Like 1

Logged in to tame a few female dilos so we can tame an ank and a doed.  Ended up grabbing a level 120 direwolf. Tried knocking it out with tranqs but it died, should have brought the owl.  Flew to the north to checkout the oil deposits there. Saw a corrupted rex and Giga.  Kited the Rex down the mountain. I think the Giga wandered off. Got some Oil and Obsidian, ran from a Corrupted Wyvern and logged for the night after taming 3 dilos.  Funny how you login for a specific task and ADD sets in LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Went on the hunt again for OSDs with my owl. Watched a Blue drop come down just south of the city so I rushed back to base and assembled the OSD team. Ended up having to wait for a meteor storm to finish before leaving the city, glad I wasnt caught out in the wastelands with that. Got out to the blue drop. 

Quickly set up the defense. Got the three velonasaurs onto turret mode and aggressive and had the hyaenadon war pack anchored onto one of them. Mounted my theri and had two on follow. The drop went without a hitch appart from the fact the velonasaurs werent doing anything, they seemed to refuse to go on aggressive so had to change that manually mid fight. Cleared all 5 waves and got the loot. Loot was a but meh but it was only a blue drop. 

Spotted a yellow drop just south of where I was, just west of the desert dome so I hightailed it across with the team and set up like before. I knew it was a big jump in difficulty from blue, but my goodness it was a bit hairy at times. It was too much for 3 of my 7 hyaenadons, they died quiet early on, the rest seemed to cope. The two theris took a real beating and I had to get another theri back out of a crypod to cope, should have started with three like the last drop. Had to deal with two enraged trikes but I somehow managed to successfully defend the drop. Again was a bit disappointed with the loot but thats probably just me hoping for too much.

I barely started making my way back to base when I got caught out in a meteor storm. It was too far to make a run for the desert dome or the city so had to sit under a cliff in the hope a meteor didnt wipe out my entire team. The meteor storm passed by and I got back to base safely.

• Like 4

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: The Plot, the Birds, the Lottery and the Massive Problem.

So, I’ve been quietly working away on breeding my army of super dimorphodons so I can finally think of tackling the OSDs and gaining access to some of the cool new toys I haven’t gotten to try yet. 

Near as I can tell, dimorphodons are as good an answer to wave defense as any, especially as I’ve handled them since my first days in Ark. The plot, as it were, is to not bother with the shield. It’s just too much area for me to cover as a solo player. Instead, I’m going to anchor the flock to a passive tank - species TBD - and park the tank right on the drop. Anything that gets past me on my battle wyvern will 100% bite a bird trying to get the drop, and then that something will regret its choices...but just for a moment.

Having a separate battle mount lets me see the field so I can also whistle the birds to prime targets. They autonomously go back to the tank, and with this formula, I’m pretty certain of success...for OSDs.

On the subject I’m raising flock members 11 - 14 right now, and I’ve affectionately dubbed them the Lottery Ladies.

Circa the launch of Aberration it took me about a hundred and fifty birds to get a single color mutation in my Scorched Earth game. But a couple of days ago, I hatched not one, nor two nor three, but FOUR back to back color mutations!! On my pure white palate, I got a black body, a bronze body, bright red highlights, and green wing fringe. I’m still over the moon.

Dennra, with the red highlights, is the most striking, so I’ll be trying to build off her colors in future generations.

The other half of the Plot, and thus the Problem, is a bit more complex.

The core of the Problem is this: A while ago I crafted my first enforcer, Echo, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE her. I want more! And I have three great blueprints...but am hilariously, tragically short element dust to even think of getting another.

Well... so what do we do about this? On the one front, I’ve been working the rare off-chance to find a gacha that makes element dust. (Aside, what in blazes were gachas like pre-nerf?? I didn’t try mine out until after, and in ninety minutes my three shelled out an ascendant upgrade for all my riot but the boots, untold extra goodies, and a 690% 1150 durability ascendant fabricated sniper. I see why PvP was complaining! They’re ridiculous, and I ADORE them!!)

Well, this is in itself problematic. It’s the rarest roll for a gacha, even my palatial estate can’t hold that many pairs, I would absolutely never kill a creature I tamed for not having what I want...so...what to do?

My extremely mediocre temporary answer is eleven gachas and counting wandering the wasteland on aggressive. And I can’t even justify just tossing them out there, so I’ve committed to admining all their available levels to buff their health and melee so that they stand the best chance, logging them with a number and an awesome dino tracker marker so I can teleport them to me to feed them, and the understanding that if one dies I need to drop what I’m doing, grab a flier and comb the map until I find the Pet Res tombstone to bring them back. I’m too soft-hearted for my own good. 

Well, the other thing is Element Veins. Those could solve the problem...but unlike an OSD, which is just one small point I need to protect, that’s a big area for one woman to deal with!

My original plan was to make a circle of turret velonosaurs and direct the birds from the air, with the understanding the turret-o-saurs would buy me time. But apparently their targeting has been nerfed into the ground, and to boot I found out today that turret mode doesn’t scale with their damage stats, so now... ?‍♀️

I badly want more enforcers, but I confess myself confounded about the element dust dilemma. With my rates I get about 120 dust per enforcer kill, against blueprints costing 10,500+. But if I don’t work out a strategy for a more efficient acquisition, it’s just going to be that sole option.

I am open to suggestions, if anyone has tips for one lone woman whose handling experience is limited to directing dimorphodons and flying wyverns or eagles into battle.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LadyCrescent said:

badly want more enforcers, but I confess myself confounded about the element dust dilemma

Take a Doed, and take out the lampposts and benches around the city - this should help you run your enforcer and to save up for more - good luck :)

I logged on last night to continue my search for my Enforcer - the bringer of doom. Ok, so not really a bringer of doom but a fun little mechanised robot that I really really want.

I fly around on my argy, and kill a few around the city. I manage to trade 1k dust for a pair of crypods and make plans to go tame a few gachas - hoping for the elusive dust Gacha - spoiler alert - I didnt get one :(

After around my 20th enforcer kill, I get a 140 come along. I take it out with high hopes. As I jump down to collect the bobbling package, I already see its only apprentice - meh and its a 132. As I pick it up I was actually quite impressed with the stats - and how cheap?!! Off the top of my head it was 125% HP, 60 S, 85 E, 85 W, 75 MD. It only cost 1727 dust, 100 poly, 200 metal, 50 oil and came out roughly 2100 HP, 1100 S, 345 E, 1100 W and 202 MD so I was impressed with how cheap it was. I gave it a makeover with flame red, blue and black and went out for a blast in the wasteland killing everything I saw. So even though it was only an apprentice - its on par with my tribemates MC and Asc enforcers so I am a happy ARKadian.

I podded up 2 more Gachas - both were metal and the normal production types but I hadnt seen raw salt before so that was new - no element Gacha though. 

It was a good night :)

• Like 2

Just a quick one tonight went on the hunt for a high level female snow owl in the snow dome. I hit the jackpot and the second owl I find is a 140 female so I lure it to my taming trap and tamed it up. Got it back to my breeding base in Sunken Forest, mated it with the high level male I had and stockpiled some eggs for attempting to get a good breeding pair. I also transfered accross some giga and rex eggs accross from my Ragnarok base. Partly incubated the giga eggs before logging. Might raise a giga or two just to see what happens but I wont raise and imprint until the cryopod imprint issue is sorted.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 10:47 PM, LadyCrescent said:

I badly want more enforcers, but I confess myself confounded about the element dust dilemma. With my rates I get about 120 dust per enforcer kill, against blueprints costing 10,500+. But if I don’t work out a strategy for a more efficient acquisition, it’s just going to be that sole option.

I am open to suggestions, if anyone has tips for one lone woman whose handling experience is limited to directing dimorphodons and flying wyverns or eagles into battle.

Take out a Doed and harvest every light pool you can.  The dust will add up quickly!  (Or of course just farm an element vein)

• Like 1

Did a little bit of breading tonight. Started of my snow owl breeding project by mating the wild tames I had in an attempt to get a pair with all the good stats. Eventually got a good female but didnt get a male. Not too fussed as it alows me to bring in the low low male I tamed up for its colours. All I need to do is breed the new female with the low level male and get a pair with all the good stats and the nice white/blue body and black markings while dropping the god awful mint green belly colour from the low level male. 

Also hatched up two giga eggs. Wasnt going to imprint at all but I did a little bit on both. Got them both up to 30% maturation and 30ish% imprinting before cryoing them for the night. Unless theres a patch real soon for the cryo issue I wont be imprinting them again. Am glad I imprinted them a little bit as it got the health from 18k to 23k and the melee from 205% to about 215%. Should help out a bit rather than the nil imprint i was planning on for these two.

Nearly managed to kill myself with my lightning wyvern on the meat runs in the sunken forest. Somehow a raptor managed to get the high ground above me and my wyvern and get the pounce on me just as I used the lightning breath on my wyvern. It killed the raptor instantly as it took me off the wyvern and the breath nearly killed me but it only knocked me out. Never been taken off a wyvern before, but i have been waiting for it to happen. Am definitely feeling the low spawn rates in the forest when it comes to the meat runs, am glad I transfered across my wyvern for breeding purposes, helps out alot.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

The last two nights have been interesting to say the least , first of all my ankles and owls died , cause I left the pig in there and she ate all there food ...nice , then I traded some element and rex eggs for a gorgeous Griffin and I love it , traded a serious velo egg for more high level owls I'll have round two next weekend,  made some eggs and signed off cause all those trades and runs had me feeling like I was hustlin lmao

The next day I bred up some spinos , one with the traded grey spino i got last night and one with my event spino, it got the grey colours level upto 250 instead of 195 so a few more tries and itll be over 300 , lime spino got a melee mutation and at 300 has 500 melee , happy with that fo sho , then while meatrunnin I saw a gorgeous event yellow giga at 216 I can tame it at around 300 if I'm good , I messed up real bad though , had at least hundred narco into it and it was running away . But it was stuck and I flew into the ravine to get it unstuck....and I got dashboarded,  getting the giga unstuck in the process and killed me and my favorite wyvern James bond in one or two bites , I got shook and dipped off with my Griffin,  I wont be messing with gigas till I'm actually prepared lol...rip James bond you will be missed 

• Sad 6

I stayed in my base on EU-PVE-Official-Extinction 469 and waited for lagspikes and server crashes to come and man, they came in droves. I then went to play Fallout 76 and have to say that I had not a single disconnect there, saw only one graphical glitch and had lots of fun. Now I tried to log in again in ARK and the server is crashing over and over again, only minutes after restart. ?

Edited by Morticielle
  • Sad 1

Built a rather sizeable trap to hold the fidgety as f*ck Managarmr while I tame it. Then. Tamed it. 

Not sure my drake was too happy at being left in the trap as bait but hey, it worked. 

The lack of high level ones on my server is really telling though when a 105 is the best around... Oh well. 

Edited by Nicoli612
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another weekend came, and another went by... very quickly.

Extinction was an absolute dog this weekend, no rollbacks or crashes but was utterly unplayable as it was lagging horrendously. The servers are just not capable of hosting 70/70 players.

So we bred on Center and went tribute hunting for an Alpha run next weekend. Basi hunting got slightly distracted as we saw a 145 Alpha Rex and as we were both on our 300 Bary's thought it would be a great laugh trying to take that down. Our Barys have 700 md and about 6k hp but with decent asc saddles we just kept running round in circles dragging it off the beach in the water and chomped away. It took a while to get it down but we both lost about 1k hp so were never in any danger... but boy was it fun :) Can you say that you have taken down an Alpha Rex 145 on a Bary? ;)

We did pop on ext last night as we have some Gacha and Snow Owl orders to fulfill - 3 sets to be precise and duly tamed up 3 Gachas (2 oil which was what people on my Center server are after) and tamed 3 low level owls. Its a decent server and we all help each other out so I was happy to go tame a few up even if the server was behaving like a rubber band.

Nothing else too major to report... Just the Alpha Rex kill :P 

• Like 3