So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Having finally made my cooker the other day, first thing to do on starting last night was to make as much argent kibble as I had eggs for. Then I took my argent out to see if that 145 spino was still there. He was. It took quite an effort and a couple of near death experiences, but I successfully led him all the way back to my taming facility, from almost the foot of the green obelisk. Got him down and taming, and was very pleased to see him roll relatively high in weight so I can actually carry some gear on him.

Immediately went out leveling and hunting for more spinos.

Didn't find too much of note, but did come across a 140 rex. Tamed that, got him home and that was about it for me.

Still, I am very, very happy that spino was still there and I got him. He doesn't have a name yet, but he will.

Not sure what I'll be doing next. I still haven't found a single 100+ doed, so that's on my list. I need to find a bronto for my new color morph project and I know where there's a 140 roaming about for taming. There's a 145 yuty in the snow, but I want to build a taming pen over there first. I could also make use of a snail, and I want to start looking for basilos. Also maybe a tapejara to attempt solo taming a quetz. Base needs a major upgrade but I'm not really in a building mood right now. And I still need to level up more, now for a chem bench. Oh and I need to find some good barys to start on some breeding projects for them for caving. I vastly prefer thylas but they don't fit in most Island caves unfortunately.

• Like 1

The Island Small Tribes pvp

Moved base from south region to north. Transported everything by boat. Took 3.5 hours on second boat run due to multiple deaths via alpha rex and raptor and allo pack. Wife and I were finally at the doorstep of our new base at 00:30 in the morning and the internet cut out for planned maintenance. The ark gods are fickle. 

• Like 1

I logged on Center last night and put out some more Rexes from the cryo fridges. Put some meat in 3 normal troughs and let the 6 Rexes and 2 Argies have a feast together.

Then logged onto Ext as I havent done much there the last few days...

ITS DEAD!! Our lovely Snow Owl (granted it was a low level) had starved to death :( It had only been 2 days so not sure how that happened.

Feeling a little sad I turned my attention to finding an enforcer BP that is reasonable - went and roamed the whole city as there were meteor strikes ongoing so decided to stay safe, not one raptoring enforcer. I was really getting angry by then.

Tribemate was out taming some low level sarcos so went and assisted by bringing him some narco's or blackberries as he calls them - bless. He had down an 80 and with no kibble hadnt realised it would be a 3hr tame - haha. Found him a lvl 5 female and that was still gonna take over an hr on just meat. We killed a load of Megalas from around his 3 unconcious sarcos and then I decided enough was enough and logged off and went to bed.

I guess a snow owl is the mission this weekend :( poor ickle Snow Owl.

Breeding velonas on SE atm because I don't want to lift offline protection on EX for too long. 

Also got gacha twins, but I don't trust them staying alive if I leave them for too long, so they go back in the freezer when I'm leaving the base.

Trying to find good spots to place some Taxidermy bases, but they drive me crazy. Wanted to place a cute deathworm on a small base - it's floating. On the large base it looks fine. 

Placing a phoenix on the small base looks good, placing it on the large base makes it's tail stick through the ground. 

I feel like the taxidermy bases need some attention from the devs, many dinos look good only on a certain base and get body parts cut off/floating on the "wrong" base size.

Not a hugely eventful night last night. The 140 bronto had despawned sadly, so I decided to do a lap around the island and just see what I could see. Wasn't actively looking for one but spotted a beautiful tapejara I just couldn't help but tame. Here she is:

20181128191409_1.thumb.jpg.993bdb4094ecb24b69e090be7e8d7ed9.jpg

This actually isn't the first tape I've had on this file. I owned one for about 20 minutes, then it got shredded by a 140 direbear my rex stepped on accidentally when we were walking home.

She's not a high level, but she'll be fine for my first solo quetz taming attempt. I think. It's going to be interesting, to say the least.

I did finally spot a decent-ish doed, 120. I think my next session will be picking it up and taming it, not quite the 130+ I would prefer but it'll do for now.

• Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Extinction 

Now that my Sanctuary base and breeding area in the forest are all kitted out and ready to go it was time for a spot of breeding. Spent most of today AFKing in my kibble barn on Rag while I did some paper work,  to get some titanoboa eggs for the extraordinary augmented kibble for extinction. Got 3 eggs for my effort.. but now I have all but savaroot for the imprinting, the savaroot crop failed for some reason.

On Exctinction at my sunken forest base I bred velonasaur and hyaenadons. Managed to get all the good stats from the wild tamed velonasaurs into a breeding pair so now I can start raising for imprinting. Got some of the next gen eggs already to go in the fridge.

Raised up 12 hyaenadons, took forever to get enough females, had to start culling the males. Ended up with 7 males and 5 females. Got most of them fully imprinted apart from a few which only got 75%, but I am not to fussed. Tek transmitted 7 of the raise to my Sanctuary base and took them out for a spin with the theri. Got my doubts how well they will fair when it gets tough but they did ok. Hopefully the pack will help with some easier OSDs, certainly not going to cope with the harder ones lol. I am basically hoping the heal mechanic carrys them through the worst of thd hoards. But thats for the future lol.

Edited by AngrySaltire

Unofficial ragnarok- 

Our server is randomly doing a colour event it's great,  tamed a beautiful raptor , a navy blue and red mammoth and a red megatherium. Decided to go on a taming spree instead of searching for rexes and yutys like I been for the past week or so

My aussie homies traded me 2 medium level snow owls for a killer spino egg I made , should turn out all green with navy sail at around 330 with 400%melee ..and they gave me a sick velonasaur so I'll toss em a free rex later lol 

Mammoths are a sloooow tame but definitely worth it , and my mek is soo much fun to stomp around in its craaaazy

Screenshot_20181129-201725_Facebook.jpg

• Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server  - Extinction 

Wasnt on for long tonight. Hatched up 11 velonasaurs for imprinting from my new good breeding pair. It was a bit mental with the 10 minute imprint timer and I staggered the hatching so it was a case of constantly checking for imprints for the entire 1hr maturation. Got 9 of them 100% imprinted but 2 I miss timed and got 75%. Thankfully I even managed to get a few with colours that appeal to me. Got 2 dark blue or purple and green, and a single completely green, going to use those as personal mounts. Now I just need to work on the best way to level them. Also is it just me or does the velonasaurs humming sound like a ringtone for an old phone... was driving me up the wall for the entire raise.....

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Extinction 

Tried finding an OSD drop to do. Was looking for a blue or even a yellow but could only find a red and purple and theres no way I am doing those with my set up. Decided it was finally time to tame a flier to use to scout out the drops rather than dragging my team across the map on wild goose chases, so went across to the snow dome to tame an owl. Found a 135 relatively quickly, but I accidentally killed it while attempting to kill the daedons and wolves it was after... wasnt impressed... I wish the owls didnt have a death wish, always attacking everything and theyre made of tissue paper. The rest I could find were all low levels. Eventually settled for a 115 and decided it knock it out without building a trap. Somehow eventually got it caught on a cliff when it flew out the snow dome and I downed it. Somehow tamed it out without something murdering it. Uts certainly not breeding material but itll do until I can tame a good breeding pair.

Edited by AngrySaltire

Single Player - Aberration/Extinction/Ragnarok

So I finally got going on Extinction today, Ab is on hold for the time being (I need to see some daylight!). Died a lot, to Megatheriums who just want to see me dead. Bugs (of all kinds) who, when not murdering me, were putting the Megatheriums into a murderous rage. Eventually found a spot with a decent view on a ledge which gave me access to enough resources while still being out of the way (of the murderous fluffy monsters). Been gathering resources and building a little 4 x 6 square starter base. I actually quite enjoy this part where everything is such a struggle. 

Managed to get up to stone tier today - wanted to get to metal tools but didn't quite manage. Tamed 3 dodo's to store berries in, a dung beetle which I stumbled across while gathering, got the fertilizer going already and a bright red Trike [90]. Trike has changed my little Extinction life! Can now gather much more efficiently. Also killed my first enforcer with her help and came to the conclusion that hunting these could be worthwhile. 

Plan is to get entire little box enclosed with stone. I've been battling the stealing little **** birds and they are driving me nuts. Get metal tools and get to the point where I can get a flyer so I can explore some more (and murder the stealing birds more efficiently). Might have to try to tame one of the murderous fluffies too at some point. 

• Haha 1

Found a red drop on the island in the snow . . . . It had purple quality loot in it.

Found a 135 yuty . . . managed to drown it in a river.

Decided to kill a Giga to take out my frustrations and get the heart . . . managed to drown that under an ice floe.

Found a 125 yuty and possibly redemption . . . managed to drown her one ice floe over from where Aqua-Giga bought the farm.

Flew up from there and saw another red drop . . . . It had purple quality loot in it.

Right now, I'm flying around on my lightning wyvern killing everything in sight!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Extinction 

Not much success tonight, a bit of a failure tonight. 

Now that I had an owl I scouted about for a OSD to take on. Eventually spotted a yellow drop come down, wanted to try blue first but I was confident I would be able to take the yellow. Got my team out to the drop and cleared the area out, was worried by the close proximity to an elemental vein. The OSD shield went up and I just started to try to get my velonasaur turrets set up when I suddenly clocked the corrupted giga just beyond the shield wall, literally meters from me (ok I am exagerating slightly). I am so lucky I just didnt run into it running to the drop. Noped outta that OSD faster than you could say corrupted gigas are panseys. Got the team back to saftey of the sanctuary. Flew out back to the area and threw out my velonasaur from a cryopod. Shredded the giga from above on a cliff incase another osd came down there later.

Ended up back on the hunt for another snow owl to tame in the snow dome, this time on the back of my owl rather than ground gaming it. Had great fun dog fighting the low level wild owls. Eventually settled on a 125, so got the taming trap down on a cliff and lured the 125 into the trap. Made the sudden discovery that my trap design is griffin and argent proof but not owl proof so the owl escaped straight away, apparently they can fit between 2 pillars set on foundations. Second attempt I 'owl proofed' it with what little I had left and got it back in the trap and began to knock it out. As it ran for it with torpor it found a hole in the trap.... I chased it half way across the map into the Sanctuary where I eventually lost it, I swear it despawned in front of me... Need to actually owl proof it with stone doorframes rather than pillars...

• Sad 3

Unofficial ragnarok- 

Been a busy few days between trades , event dinos and some breeding 

Got a few even dinos ( pink rex , lime green spino,  lime terror bird, lime and blue wolf , lime and pink yuty , orange and blue bronto,  cyan trike and a random ovi) , traded one of my best rexes for 4 eggs ( 2 velos and 2 owls and he tossed in a few allos) so bred 2 rexes a spino and hatched the 2 allos 

One rex was olive and no mut, one was red with yellow belly no mut but got moms ridiculous melee stat , the spino was bred with new lime and my old dark green , she turned out navy blue with a cyan sail and belly. And the allos both hatched at over 400 but my 330 has equal melee 

Tomorrow I'll hatch the velos and owls probably post pics too 

• Like 3

I probably spent more hrs on ARK this weekend than I have in possibly the last month - it was a busy one thats for sure.

After the loss of our snow owl late last week, we went on the hunt for one. I had a 135 following me back to the trap whilst on my Argy. Then a player from [][][][][] tribe decided to come and take it off me - so not right but what can I do. I tried killing the 135 off so if I couldnt have it, they couldnt either but then as they were on a snow owl they kept healing it up. I gave up, didnt have time to play silly buggers. We got three low level snow owls tamed up and then saw a Magnananathingy. It was stuck so tranqed it down and tamed it up. Then it just vanished... so headed up high to look for it and there it was stuck in the ceiling/dome of the biome - put it on follow didnt work, dropped a tribemate on it with a parachute - didnt work. Then a snow storm came and it was gone, totally lost sight. It hasnt died in tribe log yet but clueless as to where it is.

With new snow owls, went out for some gachas and tamed 4 or 5 up - no dust Gacha but a few with red crystal, oil, black pearl, silk, blue crystal, green crystal and metal which was good. Ill try this week for more but I wont get the time in the evenings much.

Other than that, started raising some more Boss Rexes, Tek raptor and started on my 310 Ptera line again so Ill hopefully make some mroe progress.

I gave some new players (the ones I gave our Rexes to) a set of Thylas as I am trying to clear out the last gen dinos.

Oh, and did an Alpha run which went smoothly but it takes an age to get all the Spino sails on Center - urrgh!

So with the exception of the buggy Mag, it was a decent weekend.

• Like 1

PS4 - Extinction - Single Player

Took my trust first tame from Extinction "TapTapTapy" out (a 120 pre-tame Tapejara, nearly fully leveled up) and we went to go tame a couple more Snow Owls, as I need more pellets for the Gachas.  As we got close to the Winter Biome, I saw what looked like a cave entrance, so I flew down to investigate. Then all of the Yetis and wolves spawned in, and I flew in a little farther.

Then I made a NOOB mistake, I was so busy checking out the cave inhabitants, that I stopped paying attention to my height in the air. Oh whoops did I tell you about the TRIPLET Purlovias that sprung out from the ground and knocked me off the Tapejara?  Well even though I was in MC flak gear, I was running for my life, as the mob of wolves and yetis were beating the crap out of me. I look over and my Tapy is getting pounded on too. (I had put him on passive as we got close to the Winter Biome, since I was going to be using him to kite Owls into the trap and then he would tank them, while I tranq'd them) Realizing the issue, I whistled for him to go on neutral to defend himself. (He was highly leveled in melee and health, and I had used him to kill about anything in the Wastelands except Gigas and Reapers)  

While still trying to fight off the baddies, finally killing the last one near me, with just  a few health points to spare.  I begin running  over to Tapy, but he is all bloody, so I whistle for him to go Passive Flee, but before he can even fly away, he dies before my eyes. I run back towards the entrance to the cave, and at the last second I die to the wolves.

Spawn back at base, grabbed my Battle Argy, and flew back to the cave.  Kited the baddies away from my loot bag, and grabbed my stuff. Then went and spawned  tamed a level 135 Owl and brought it back to my base in the Sanctuary. 

Then called in a night, and played Battlefield 4 for a few hours.

Edited by Aushegun
not sure why I typed spawned, when it was in fact a wild tame. My brain don't work so good anymore I guess.
  • Sad 4

8 minutes ago, blueskies7204 said:

raised babies.   lol love love the cryopods and the fact that they took care of the tame cap and now i can actually sleep at night and not have to worry about babies dying lol

cryopods have made breeding what it always should have been such a quality of life change esp for people with jobs

• Like 2

Last night I logged on to see what tribemate had been doing - making gas and a shed ton of it too. We wont be needing any CP or Gas on our Center map now for ages. 

He had also got himself a nice Enforcer so I was quite jealous. Even though I play a lot, I rarely get a lot of solid time on ARK so taming for me is usually only done when its 2x or if I get a 4-5hr session. I was just flying around killing enforcers for my own nice BP when a 120 Argy flew past, decided to take it down and tribemate came over and helped. During the melee of it all (Ext has big lag)I got tranqed by my tribemate and was slowly just about to drop. I didnt and we got the bugger down. 

Now this was meant to be an early night for me, but I decided I would stay up for the whole 2hrs and tame it on prime - came out at 167 which will be better than my current level 35 which is now level 130. I wont need much more - an enforcer and my argy and Ill be set until they allow transfers.

Still didnt get a decent enforcer BP but it will come.

• Like 4