So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Private pc cluster, Extinction, This Island, and Aberation

Last night we decided to hatch our gigas. Hatched 4 eggs and all came out female, but one had a melee mutation. Luckily with the s+ mutator we can turn 2 females to male at the cost of some element. We got them to 25% last night before shutting down the server so we could go to bed. 

This morning we fired up the server and continued with the giga raising. My brother sat afk to watch them while we did stuff on extinction, just popping by to do imprints.

Our 1st task of the day was to tame another gas bag. I did build a better trap this time. After about 20 minutes of hunting we found a 197, grabbed it, popped it in the pen, tranqed it and tamed it.

Next we set out to look for a black pearl gacha. First one we tamed was a 210 female, but no black pearls. Shortly after we tamed a 127 male, and jackpot, he had black pearls. Got them back to base via cryopod and expanded the base a little so we could keep our black pearl and metal gachas inside and far enough away to be happy.

Our final task was farming to build a second ascendent giga saddle. Did a quick metal run then hopped on our gigas and went on a killing spree. I almost found out the hard way not to kill kentros with a giga. Attacked a small pack and my rage meter instantly hit 90%...oops, lol

After about an hour we had enough hide so we built the saddle the hopped over to the island to take over with afk giga sitting.

Our gigas should be fully grown in about 6 more hours so tomorrow we can start leveling them and running osds. In between that we are also going to try to finally finish the wall.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Unofficial ragnarok - 

Still really slacking on my kibble farm but oh well lol . Bred 6 rexes and one spino wasnt too Concerned with imprints cause these are basically experiments and presents for new members on my server , but one got a health mutation and one was born with 500 melee so good for my bloodlines. A few turned out beautifully,  then theres my spino , he ended up all green with a navy blue sail , with 380 melee and high health . Unfortunately I lost 2 rexes including my orange with mutation sad face 

But now I have 16 rexes and two with 800 melee ( with workout of course) but the orange one had even more potential but I can try again 

During all that i got dashboarded in mid flight over the jungle , and James bond just took off on a warpath , which is wierd he was on neutral homie in my server helped me find him tho, and his wyvern was even better looking black with orange wings ...legit 

• Like 1

We hopped for a little on last night and our gigas finally finished growing up with 100% imprint. 3 of them had 197% melee and 34k hp and the one with the melee mutation had just under 210% melee and similar hp ( cant remember exact numbers) Next we turned 2 to male with the s+ tek mutator (all 4 were born female) Then left a pair (including the melee mutation) on the island for breeding and took the other pair back to extinction. Stole the ascendent saddle from their parents and took them out leveling.

One of my brothers also joined us and it was his first trip to extinction. He came along with his character, some gear and his ravager from our Island server. We decided to show him around the wasteland and walk to the snow biome (from green obelisk). Him on his ravager, us (my wife and I) on our imprinted gigas.

On the way there we came across a low level element vein and decided to give defending it a shot. We quickly learned to keep the gigas away from the vein itself as they were destroying it pretty quickly. So my wife and I intercepted any corrupt dinos before they got to it, and my brother on his ravager took care of anything that got close to the vein. This vein was super easy, biggest thing being corrupt stegos so the most difficult part was not damaging the vein itself, lol. 

We finished it and walked away with about 100 element, 30 or 40 shards and 3k dust. So instead of continuing to the snow dome we decided to head back to base, which turned out to be a great decision because 5 minutes after we get back a meteor shower starts.After it was over we spent a few minutes looking for OSDs, and after not finding one we logged for the night.

Today we didnt do a whole lot, mostly gathering. Gathered a pile of stone, wood, and thatch as well as element dust and metal and we wrapped up the day by getting the last 2 walls built and moved most of our dinos outside. We finished them enough to keep things out but we still need to even them out so they look better.

Plans for this week are to finish the walls then start working on turret towers on the sides closer to the wasteland and hopefully start running some osds, if they ever spawn again. Not sure what else after that, destiny 2 has another expansion dropping in a week so we will be playing ark less often for a while.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Not too much going on over the weekend. With the taming pen sorted but still too low of a level for the industrial cooker, I put my time into hunting and explorer note gathering. I also noticed a cosmetic buff Rare Sightings stego popped up and spent quite a lot of time looking for it. Found it, got it down and tamed. Here she is, a crested cyan stegosaurus:

cyancrestedstego.thumb.jpg.0a0201bb8f1a87ff117ab8f9241df669.jpg

Pretty cute, right? The crest gives her increased stamina regen. This is actually my third tamed rare sighting, I also have a blue elk and a silver otter.

While I was taming her I was watching a couple of brontos nearby, and slowly an idea for a breeding project developed. Long story short, once the stego was safely at the taming base I went back and tamed both brontos and walked them home to Pearl Lake. Just need to find one more, hopefully female, with the final color I need for a new morph. 50/50 on if I want to really bother with a stat build because I don't use brontos much, and this morph would be combat oriented not a platform.

I was just about done for the day by then when I finally leveled up and can make a cooker. One harrowing journey into shark- and manta-infested waters with a less than stellar spino later, I was able to build, place and run the pipes for my first cooker. Now I can make kibble and really start going for spinos; I know where there's a 145. If it hasn't despawned that's my next task.

I've never done it before but this might be the first time I put down my first spino tame. I usually keep them for sentimental reasons, but this one has been downright dangerous to ride at times because of the low level. When I say I tame the first one I see on any new server/game, it's with the caveat that I usually go for at least a mid level tier animal. This one was I think level 20 wild, total trash level. Side note anyone who says it's better to tame a low level to invest the points you want has obviously never had a high level tame, and that's exactly what breeding is for...anyway. I hope that 145 is still up, I really need a good spino.

• Like 1

Ditched official servers since a griefer toxic tribe decided we were the ones that weren't allowed to play anymore. After a week of dealing with them on 5 different servers, we figured that playing on CrossArk where they couldn't just transfer in and go on a rampage would be our saving grace. Nope. All 5 of them showed up within the hour we started playing and are likely going to wipe us any time now. We are now contemplating PVE just so we can do the storyline objectives linearly on official settings. Would've been nice to punch someone across the map in my TEK suit, but until WC adds a way to hide your name, or transferring gets nerfed in a big way, that seems unlikely for a small tribe like ours. 

In other news, I found a 145 black anky on the server, and I really hope I get to tame it if they don't come to wipe us. It looks so cool, and I hope it has great stats!

Guest EnergyDrink

Wasn't playing for the last 2-3 days on extinction. Went to my server today, to try to tame any lvl snow owl.

Ofc the server crashed. i fell with my ptera on the ground, and when the server turned back on, i was in the middle of 5 wolfs. So obviously i died. And my ptera died. It was my last flyer (because lost 4 flyers before the same way, when server crashed). Then after 2 minutes, the server crashed again, and i had to log on and see the death of me and my last ptera once again. So i donated all my other dinos and rage quitted now, maybe will be back in a month or so..

So that was my day on ark.

P.S. birthed couple cyan Thylas and hatched couple yutys on my island server. So that cheered me up a bit.

Was a busy few nights. 

Ext was a blast, got 5 gachas - Black Pearl, Obsidian, Metal, Blue Crystal and Red Crystal... now if only we could find an element one that would be job done. Went adn got an owl for the pellets and then place Gacha roulette, I must have played that for over 4 hrs this weekend - seriously!

Boss Rexes are now at 70+ imprint and have 24k hp and 812 melee so theyll be done later tonight, I put my own personal Rex back in the Cryo fridge as he will be getting 100% for sure, along with my 317 Thyla which is about 60% currently, Ill get them out on Friday as Ive the day off.

Started cleaning my Ptera line up but added new colours in too so got an Electric Blue and Black Ptera at 296 so I can still improve on that by 20 levels but its a good start and got a 310 completely clean of muts on one side so can push that up again now.

Hoping to collect some mega Giga eggs later so will also start to raise that on Friday so I can have an imprinted one ready to take over to Ext... will take it over to the Lava Island (Cenetr we are talking about here) and will hunt everything I see for an hr or two :)

Decided that Gamma was done (cant be arsed with it anymore) so gave our 20 Gamma Pack Rexes away to some new players on the server. Went and Beta and had a great laugh.

Took some friends along to get Tekgrams. Our tactics are simple. I sit on Yuty and buff. Tribemate takes rexes in and kills. Only this time, he got caught up in a Rex, the other 8 just piled in and spanked both Brood and Ape together. By the time he freed himself up, the bosses were down - what a slacker haha

Ill probably just run Alpha only now but its the time it takes to get all the artifacts etc - its just too long :(

T'was fun though

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 1

PS4 - Extinction - Single Player

Over the last 7-10 days, I have played a bit on Extinction.  Built a starter  base in the center of the map near the world hologram. Tamed a Ptera, then a Tapejara. Then transferred from Ragnarok one of my Ankys, Beavers and Doeds. Along with a Giant Sloth and a pair of Rexes.

I then set out to build up my base into a a long term option. Using the doed and beaver I was able to grind it out fairly quickly.

Took my Tapejara and the pieces for a trap over to the winter biome, and trapped up 4 snow owls. levels 100 - 135.  I had a level 150 following me to my trap, but it got detoured by a huge pack of wolves and pigs, and while trying to kill the bad guys, my Argy took out the Owl by accident. :(

I lucked out while looking for Owls to trap, as I got attacked by a mid level Managmer (can't remember spelling) and as I started tranqing it, it ran off, and got glitched into a rock. so it was easy to knock out and tame. (There was a ovis walking around right next to the downed Manamgnsnsnxhsns) Then, while trying to get the Manawar back to my base, I came across another Manwithdaplan that was underneath a cliff overhang, and each time it tried to rocket up, it would get stuck. So I managed to tame that one too. I really lucked out, as I have no idea how I would tame them if they didn't get stuck. Tried to fly those Managrams home, but they suck to control. So I just kept them on the ground.

But at least got the Owls back to base, and puking up pellets so I can tame Gachas.

I took my Tape out and farmed up enough corrupted nods to build a couple of mid level Enforcers. I then took them out along with the rexes and sloth to try the farm some element vein.  Well it is hard to do solo, and not have your dinos mess up the element too, but we finally finished it, but did not get a ton of element, as a lot was destroyed during the 5 rounds.

I then tamed up a high level Argy (took forever to find one above level 50) I then use the Argy to farm black pearls in the wasteland killing Spinos, Rexes and Paracers.

Finally built a tel replicator and made 4 Cryopods.

I then went to the Desert Biome, and tamed up 4 level 100+ Velonsaurs. Just built a ramp trap, and kited them into it. Easy peasy.

Finally, after spending WAAAY too much time flying around, I finally relented and checked on youtube for the location of the underworld for Gachas.  I can't believe I kept missing it previously.  Well With many pellets in my inventory, I managed to tame up an cryopod two mated pairs of level 100+ gachas, including a 140, 145 and 150. I did however accidently hit another 150 female, and even after she de-aggro'd, she would not eat my pellet offerings, so I had to settle for a level 135 female instead. I must have killed 50 low level Gachas during that time however.

Finally found my way back up to the surface, and returned to base.

• Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Extinction.

Had to put Ark on the backburner for a bit, just had to have a break. For a couple of days I took advantage of the new cryopods and started giga breeding on Ragnarok. Did the 6hr maturation period over about 2 to 3 nights. Hatched up a bunch from the wild tames and got a male and a female with all the good stats. Let them grow up in my breeding barn while playing other games. Feeding wasnt really an issue with the server rates and I kept them cryoed when I wasnt online. Loving the pokeballs. Now that the two new breeders are grown up all I need to do is wait for the imprinting timer bug with cryopods to be fixed so I can raise imprinted gigas, I am not playing for 6hrs straight imprinting ever 10 minutes, just no...

Last night was spent gathering resources and crafting structures on Rag for a new outpost on Extinction in the Sanctuary. I like my setup in the sunken forest but I hate the 10/15 minute communte out of the forest to get anywhere. The forest shall remain as my main base of operations or at the very least my breeding outpost considering how safe it is, and I shall link the two outposts with a tek transmitter. Obviously a telephorter would be better but I dont fancy the cost of resources for two teleporters, two tek genys and the cost of running them.

Tonight I started the new build on Extinction. Took the theris out of the forest and travelled to the city and got my structures out of a terminal. Killed about 3 or 4 corrupted reaper kings just outside the forest, it gets me everytime, they seem to be so common. 

Started building right next to my started shack I had buit in the Sanctuary. I went with a modified version of my standard breeding barn. Should give more than enough space to keep dinos stored and safe, as well as areas for crafting and storage. Still need to decide on the layout, such as where the crafting area should be and how to organise dino storage, but structually the builds finished, just need to furnish the place.

• Like 4

Last night I stayed up a little longer than planned and kind of at one point, wished I hadnt.

I get these random crashes to desktop (occasionally a fatal error 278 or something pops up) but I persevere. I logged back in after this occurred and found myself dead from the fall from my bird and lying face down in a lakebed.

Logged back in, ran out naked claimed my gear - managed to get my bird and then when flying back - server crash, of course, why not, it has only been 15 mins since the last one. 

I log back in after waiting 5 mins for the server to come back up. I find myself dead on the floor again. Bearing in mind Im possibly 15 seconds from my base, this has become a long winded return.

I finally get back to the base slightly angered, not only at the time taken to return to said base, but also in the fact I am still to find an enforcer BP which has the stats I want at a cost not stupid!

Just as Im going to log out, tribemate decides to exit building and walk directly into a defender - ARRGH! Everything aggros, and it takes the next 10 mins putting everything back.

I log out.

Log into Center and decide to decorate and furnish my living quarters - this frustrates me too, as whenever I go get beacon drops they contain fireplaces or random stuff like that. I now want to furnish my room and no bloody fireplaces around - I go to a few beacons, and no, nothing like that.

I log out. It will wait fro another day.

• Sad 2

Xbox official server extinction

Well i havent been active on here for about 5 months and had a 2 month break from ark itself so first off, its good to be back guys.

I got extinction the second it realesed on console and have jumped from server to server trying to find the perfect one and i finaly did after over a week and have played for three days so i will do a run down of what happened on each day

Day 1

Started off by looking for a base location, preferably in the snow as ive never lived in the snow before so i wanted a change. I found the perfect spot but guess what, its pillared. So i kept on looking for hours and was about to give up and live with my tribemate ,who is also my cousin, in the sunken forest(luckily i didnt coz he lost everything to a 294 corrupted wyv RIP). I then saw a large hill with a tiny pathway leading up to the two peaks, sweet ive found my place. First off i built myself a 2 floor 3x3 box house with a dino gate on the front and after a couple hours of farming with stone tools i had a bed, storage, forge, smithy, preserving bin, fireplace and some campfires, sorted. I tamed a wolf to get me around faster, travelled to the city then tamed a pteranodon and logged.

Day 2

Bit more eventful but i upgraded to metal tools and set off to tame an argy, found a good lvl tapejara on the massive tower at city and tamed it and yet again took my new tappy to base and yet again set off for an argy but found an ok lvl owl and tamed it by my base. Wanted a velo and went in search for the best one i could then found a very high lvl by the desert cave after 5 mins of searching. Half way through tame the desert was attacked by a 294 corrupted wyv, me and my velo escaped unscathed(this was the day the other 294 wyv attacked the forest). Went home did some crafting and prep for next days taming and logged.

Day 3

I needed utility dinos, so thats what i got. Firstly, argys are rather hard to come by on extinction, especially high lvls so i had to kill some to promote spawns and eventually found an ok lvl and tamed it. After it had tamed i flew to the desert and tamed an anky and a doed. The doed finnished first so i took it to base and forgot to pick up the anky and instead made a pretty decent base extension then logged. I think tribemate got anky as he is now set up in desert so ill be sure to pick it up when i get back on.

Thanks for reading

• Like 7

Unofficial ragnarok- nitrado server

Been a fairly boring few days of experiments and making free rexes for new recruits for my server lol, having kibble setup is gonna be fun , basically 2 of every dino in the game just to get my boss levels done lol , my rexes keep getting stuck in my floor and walls when fully grown which is getting kinda annoying , and I need to spice up my bloodlines , my average of 500 melee and 20k health just ain't gonna cut it , I have a female with 20k and base of 550 and the best Male with 30k and around 500 so I either need some mutations or better breeding stock 

My server is running a colour event because....we wanted too lol, pink , blue , green and purple. Some dinos are looking super sick some are lookin silly it's great just in time for me to go on a taming spree and levels dont matter for kibble lol

Put down a adorable doedic but lost it lol,  and brought home a wolf because I wanted too, my aussie homies downed a giga in someone else's yard that was hilarious,  poor thing got stuck in between offline dinos lol

Went rex hunting for nothing so I killed off the whack ones , a rex death squad was waiting for me outside my gates , 2 poop levels and a alpha rex at 150 i took em out with my giga and my best two rexes , i guess cause it was so close to home my wyverns joined in the tag team match ..they didnt stand a chance and i got a tek helmet as loot and its soooo sick!! My giga almost lost too that alpha rex if James bond didnt join in he might have been a goner 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

, my rexes keep getting stuck in my floor and walls when fully grown which is getting kinda annoying ,

I recommend having a big hole in the floor where you grow your rexes. All my breeding barns have spaces in the middle of the building where there isn't any foundations which avoids having to break open the floors to get creatures out after ever maturation. Not sure what to suggest about the walls, I guess its a small build ? 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

I recommend having a big hole in the floor where you grow your rexes. All my breeding barns have spaces in the middle of the building where there isn't any foundations which avoids having to break open the floors to get creatures out after ever maturation. Not sure what to suggest about the walls, I guess its a small build ? 

The walls were my bad lol shoulda moved the baby around adolescent buuut great idea on the floors though that should help alot what you breeding lately?

Last night I logged in to the Center server and was amazed to see the new penned off area at the back of our base complete with behemoth tek gate too. Tribemate has done himself proud here and then there was a cloning chamber in the old Spino storage building too.

I continued my good neighbour trait and gave the new guys on the server 2 Ankys (only 234 and 244 unlevelled but with 54 levels to spend it aint bad). I gave them 20 Rexes from 250+ over the weekend so theyve done well out of us to be honest. 

Bred a load of Rexes trying for different colours, but with the best stats and got the egg timers down - didnt realise I had put some old eggs down too and they hatched without me knowing - only came out at 219 but they were CYAN! Ill breed those and get the high HP and MD over so they come out 350+ instead. I have built up a wonderous set of colours now, orange, yellow, red, dark red, green, cyan, white, purple, some with purple backs etc. I would like a night black one now...

Tribemate forgot about the Ptera eggs he put down, these hatched and yes, typically because they died they came out with the colours he wanted and at level 304 too so was only missing one decent stat - he was truly gutted :( as was I :( 

I also pulled out 3 rexes so that when tribemate returned from work he would only have a couple of hrs until he could imprint - this should work well in getting daily imprints as Im 5 hrs ahead of him.

All in all, a decent and stressfree evening - not including the ptera deaths.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Extinction - Unofficial PvE, 2x harvest, xp etc. 10x breeding.

Got complacent thinking that my small army of dimorphs were KING at doing element veins.  Not realising there were different levels I learned that a 50k element vein isn't so easy and the poor little dimorphs aren't quite such kings against the Wyverns... RIP 15-20 dimoprhs and run for the life of my REX and I before round 4 started.

Got back to base, healed up my rex and hatched another dozen dimorphs.  Thing to do IRL so have an early night leaving my tribe with the comment "feel free to hatch some dimorphs if you get bored" before jumping in my TEK sleeping pod for the evening.

... woke the following morning to login and find that I'm no longer in my xp gaining slumber but have been dragged out of my sleeping pod and placed in the centre of 140 new dimorphs.  Maybe I should have specified an amount to hatch? 

The worrying thing is that all 3 hatchery nests are now full of ready to hatch Giga eggs - 147 of em!! Not sure I'm gonna be able to just jump out that mess if they prank me again.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Ninjasharrk said:

The walls were my bad lol shoulda moved the baby around adolescent buuut great idea on the floors though that should help alot what you breeding lately?

Hope it helps :)

Before extinction bred Aberrant stuff. Mostly glowpets. Got a good pair of shinehorns and glowtails, also ok pair of bulbdogs but not a big fan. Still need to sort out featherlights. Tried breeding aberant megalos for mutations but collecting the mass amount of eggs put me off it.

Since extinction release, mostly stuff for that. Been breeding theris, gigas and hyaenadons. Got a pair of velonasaurs ready to go now that my extinction breeding setup is ready to go. Just need to sort of the extinction kibble list. Want to get in on the other Extinction creatures.

• Like 1