So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I logged in to Ext last night and killed a load of local stegos for cooked prime storage. Mined a few obsidian nodes and went round by the Chinese bases to 'borrow' their eggs ;)

I have decided that even though this is PvE and I follow the rules of conduct there is something very fulfilling about 'borrowing' eggs from the Chinese on our server. They already have Gigas etc and have people have complained of them kiting corrupted wyvs into the city so I don't feel any remorse in doing this.

Other than that, I logged on to my Center server and ensured that all was well - it was, and very quiet too!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Daaaaaamn , my cluster just got it idk if I should make my adventure there yet lol

Its great fun, started from scratch and built myself up, aside from transferring some goodies such as kibble. Its reasonably safe in the City (asside from.the annoyance of the enforcers et al.) And in the sunken forest. The real nastys are confined (usually*) in the wastelands.

• Like 1

Today, I messed up so bad it isn't even funny. Someone did a trade with me yesterday which included a baby gacha. I was supposed to cryo the gacha and bring it over and was given a loaner cryopod to do so.

All three babies were starving to death and I was freaking out, I grabbed the cryopod, cryoed the one I was going to trade and went to put it in a dino inventory so I didn't lose it
I put it in the wrong inventory and the adult gacha ate the cryopod
The LOANER cryopod with the TRADE inside.

• Sad 1

I might just skip aberration now and go straight to extinction 

Unofficial ragnarok- 

I finally brought home a yuty , got frustrated looking for a really high level and settled for a 150 , brought it home at 252 ...and it was halfway across the world chased it into the desert crazy bugger. And I got mobbed by a mating pair of ice wyvs low level but they scared me . Now I had to get the homie home , do I walk it all the way home or do I scoop it with my quetz , now named dino delivery services? ...it was a reeeeeaaally long quetz flight but it looked funny with a yuty on his back lol

And he pooped on my neighbor's base lmao 

• Like 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

With the console update dropping and with my rubbish download speeds, I didnt get to play for as long as I wanted to so instead of Extinction I went on to Ragnarok to tame some Hyaenadons. I want to try out hyaenadons on Extinction and see how they fair in the wastelands and maybe even in the OSDs. Decided it would save a heck of alot of time by searching on Ragnarok. I dont have a meatpack bp at all but I will make do with the primitive. Not expecting to acheive much, just a bit of fun.

Got a 150 female in the first pack I find right outside my base . Its an ugly event coloued one but its a 150 so I got it into the taming pen. Took me ages to work out a way of taming it, couldnt stop spooking it. Eventually forced it into a small elevevated 1x1 in my pen and petted through a hatch frame, worked a treat. The male took a lot of searching in the desert areas. Eventually settled on a 130 male, so took it back to base and tamed it up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

With the console update dropping and with my rubbish download speeds, I didnt get to play for as long as I wanted to so instead of Extinction I went on to Ragnarok to tame some Hyaenadons. I want to try out hyaenadons on Extinction and see how they fair in the wastelands and maybe even in the OSDs. Decided it would save a heck of alot of time by searching on Ragnarok. I dont have a meatpack bp at all but I will make do with the primitive. Not expecting to acheive much, just a bit of fun.

Got a 150 female in the first pack I find right outside my base . Its an ugly event coloued one but its a 150 so I got it into the taming pen. Took me ages to work out a way of taming it, couldnt stop spooking it. Eventually forced it into a small elevevated 1x1 in my pen and petted through a hatch frame, worked a treat. The male took a lot of searching in the desert areas. Eventually settled on a 130 male, so took it back to base and tamed it up.

I have a level 230 follow me everywhere around my base she saved my life a few times , once against a therzino at 150 I thought she was a goner but 500% melee and my backup with a fab pistol did the trick lol 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

I have a level 230 follow me everywhere around my base she saved my life a few times , once against a therzino at 150 I thought she was a goner but 500% melee and my backup with a fab pistol did the trick lol 

They are great tames :) Cant wait to breed up a pack. Used to use them ages ago to clear out the Hard swamp cave on the Island.

12 hours ago, Ninjasharrk said:

The best part is petting them lol one of my favorite animations in the game , next to lytros and Raptors 

My tribemate loves them and I think has his bred out at over 250 but nobody wants to trade for them which is a shame. they do take up a lot of room in our hangar though - that is the problem with non-rideable tames :(

Last night I was just too tired to log on but Ill get on tonight and make my way over to start building our outpost in the SE biome on Extinction. Ready for some velonasaur taming :) Already got the foundation and pillars down, just need to build it up now and maybe a taming trap too

Not today, But I was flying around the snow dome looking for Gigas, and I saw some other people on the server (unofficial) trying to tame one, so I figured "Hek, why nto give them a hand?" so I did that, and when we finally got it into the pen, I pulled of potentially the most clutch freeze ever and managed to immobilize it long enough to lock it in. 

It was that moment where I knew that Snow owls where one of the best tames in the game.

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server  - Ragnarok 

Decided to go for the 135 giga I saw wandering around the desert a few days ago. So got together a bunch of tranqs and the nessesary metal dino gates and bear traps.  Got out to the desert and the giga was thankfully still there ( a 135 female) so I set the trap and lured it in successfully trapping it. Downed it and tamed it without any problems. Came out with 150% melee which I guess is ok, I dont normally deal with gigas. I pokéballed it up (I love these things) and got it back to base without the need of finding a drop/obelisk. I also decided to keep it in cryo storage to keep it from starving, not that its too much of an issue with the tamed dino starve rates on the server. All I need now is a good male to breed it with, want to try these out on Extinction.

Bred up the hyaenadons I tamed last night aiming for a breeding pair with the good stats and a variation of colours between the two if possible. Got a male with all the good stats and matured it up. Eventually got a good female with the stats and different colours but the time I got it I couldnt be bothered waiting for it to grow up so I get to try out babies in stasis with the cryofridge. Its only an hour maturation time but I dont trust ORP and babies. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

I logged into extinction and just did the usual midweek work - obsidian, metal, egg, and other resource gathering.

Made more fertilizer for the plant x's and just killed anything which either gave prime or could cause an issue with the base.

I really need to get back on Center at some stage this week... its getting neglected at the moment :(

• Like 1

Private pc cluster, Extinction, The Island, and Aberation

Spent the last few days preping for another giga tame, as well as gathering to craft an ascendent giga saddle blue print I had stashed on our island server that we almost forgot about since gigas weren't really usefull in pve pre extinction.

Today we had some free time so we decided to look for a giga to tame. Used the s+ tek transmitter and it showed a 135 near the snow dome. Loaded up and flew there only to have it despawn :( Flew back to base and spent the next 3 hrs doing destroy wild dinos and hopping between the island and extinction before finally finding a 135 female on the island.

So we locate it, and it was female. We trap it and tame it with no issues. I download our male giga from extinction and we go on a meat/leveling run to load up our fridges in our breeding facility. Then we breed them and pop the egg in the s+ hatchery. No time today to hatch them but the s+ hatchery will pre cook them till 1% and we can hatch over the weekend. 

Before logging we crafted up a bunch of cryopods and put the rest of our boss rex army on ice.

Our plans this weekend are to breed gigas for the 1st time ever, which at our rates take 14 hrs after hatching and we should hopefully have 4 or 5 eggs ready by then. Then we can start farming red and yellow osds :)

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Extinction

Started off the day finishing off raising the hyaenadon I started last night on Ragnarok. Also raised up some glowtails and shinehorns to transfer over to Extinction. While I waited for them to finish maturing I went on the hunt for a hyaenadon meatpack bp out of green drops. Didnt have any luck there but I ran into a 135 male giga in the highlands so just had to tame it. Couldnt beleive my luck after taming the 135 female yesterday. So gathered my gear together and traped, tamed it and got it back to base. It blows the stats of the one I tamed last night which only had about 150% melee. This bad boy has 205% melee, cant wait to raise one with that and get a decent imprint on it. Transfered the hyaenas and light buddies across to Extinction.

Hoped onto Extinction. Went on the hunt for high level velonasaurs in the desert dome with my theri team. Finally found a 145 male and just started to put a trap down when BAM disconnect and about a 10 minute roll back of the server. Logged back on and thankfully found the 145 male again. Trapped it and downed it without any issues. Once I tamed it I went back on the hunt for a female. Eventually found a 145 female and tamed that up too. On the way back to base, I stopped off via a terminal to transfer the stuff across from Ragnarok. Got ambushed by 3 corrupted repears near the forest entrance but the theris took care of them. 

Went out on the hunt for gasbags. Not much luck. Ran into a level 5 corrupted giga and decided to hell with it let's put the 3 theris to the test. Was a bit hairy lost about 5k out of 15k health on the theris but we took the giga down, wouldnt want to try a higher level lol. After an age, finally found a 120 female gasbag and settled for that. Attempted to lure it into a trap but not luck couldnt agro it so I just chased it till I knocked it out by the city walls. About half way through the 20 min tame I got caught in a meteor shower. Thankfully me, my theris and the out cold gasbag were not hit but there was a few close calls, I am so glad the gasbag went down next to the city, the shield and spires took the brunt of the meteors. Tamed the gasbag and got it home safely. 

• Like 1

Unofficial ragnarok - 

Was a pretty solid night , got a present from the admins on my server ...its a level 238 mek and its green of course ( I love my admins) gathered a bunch of resources like obsidian , metal , silica and crystal started working on the irrigation for my farm..still slacking on it though lol made a fridge to hold fertilized eggs so I got 3 rexies and a spino waiting to be hatched gonna hatch em tonight cause i gotta be up all night 

Downed two rexies out by green ob one was green and i really wanted him but a Griffin ruined my party and taming effencicy so i killed it for primes , and the orange one had killer stats but a beaver ruined my levels but the stats were too good to give up so I still brought him home,  I named him pimp c ( rexes usually get og rapper names) and his melee is 470 at level 306 , big l had 500 when I caught him at 332 

Then I messed around with my tek sword for a bit before bed lol

• Like 2

Haven't had a lot of play time lately but in my post-turkey coma I decided to relax with some Ark.

First did some work around the base, something that's been aggravating me. I had cleared two of the Pearl Lake paths but not the third. I went ahead and did that, giving me all clear lanes into and out of my main base area. Much, much better.

Still working on leveling up enough to make a cooker, so I took Lillith out to stomp around a bit. Naturally we came across a 140 male rex and I had no gear. Went back, got my bird, lured the rex into the little canyon area next to the volcano river and set my temporary taming trap up. Didn't quite work as intended and managed to accidentally trap a 55 rex also, but we eventually succeeded.

He stood up with trash stats, but I have a good use for him anyway. I kept him where he was and went back to base to grab my doed. The newly tamed, unsaddled rex stood guard while I started work on a permanent taming facility. To call it a pen would be a disservice because it will have a lot more than that. The pen is built in the canyon itself of course, and it has a roof to prevent sky dilos falling in. I already started extending it out to build the base portion. This will have taming supplies, basic craft/repair stations, will lead to the hanging shooting platform inside the pen, and will also have a secure pen for keeping mounts safe while I worry about the tames.

I'll probably keep the trash rex here as a guard/hunter. Maybe I'll keep a seagull here too. I could keep my stego or trike from herb island for berries as well...hm hm. We'll see.

• Like 2

Last night I decided to stay up a little longer knowing my tribemate (US) would be online.

We decided to head down to the sunken forest to have a look and whilst it looks lovely, it just reminded me of abberation, but there was nothing down there. There were a few tamed gachas sitting around, a beaver and an argy but that was it. Headed back up to the city surface and found an explorer note up high - then the dreaded stillness occurred and the server went down.

Logged back in to find tribemate protecting my body after losing 80% of my health from the fall. Rollbacks truly suck but to be honest I have been lucky and rarely have I lost anything of importance - but still.

Headed back, piked up some tools and we took out our enforcers (TM's is level 179 and kicks ass). My enforcer is a level 39 and is like glass and I hadnt atken one out before but it was fun. Went over to the SE biome and we started to build our adobe base. Bed, mortar and pestle, storage box all up and 9 foundations. We ahve placed ourselves up on a ledge and none of the dinos that I was consistantly aggroing could get up so that was a perfect place - right near a terminal too.

We decided to head back and I went ona run on my argy looking for enforcers, killed a few but none with any stats I want. Ive asc ones but the mat cost is just too high, thinking an apprentice with 85-100hp and 90-110 damage is all I need, Im not too bothered about the other stats - I just need a lucky roll when finding these bots.

All in all, a fairly fun night, and tonight I think will be the same but will be getting a 5hr shift on the game instead of just the 2.

• Like 2

Private Pc Cluster, Extinction, The Island, and Aberation

Today we decided to tame a gasbag. We logged of on the island yesterday so we grabbed some allo kibble and uploaded one of our quetz to bring to extinction. Then we built a taming pen for a gas bag and set out on the hunt. My wife followed in a battle argent to help fend off corrupt pteras. 

After about 15 minutes we found a 127 gasbag. I grabbed it while it was fighting a carno. Started heading back and a corrupt ptera started attack both of us. I dropped the gas bag and my wife killed the ptera. This happened 3 more times before we got out of the wasteland. Then I spent the next half hour trying to get the darn thing in our pen and chasing it around the green obelisk  when I failed. Finally I gave up and had my wife shoot it while I held it, which took way more arrows because they take reduced damage when inflated, but we finally downed it and i surrounded it with gates and gateways and also healed it fully with an owl since it took a beating from ptera. 

He tames out almost perfect and it was worth the struggle, it had 5k weight and almost 5k hp. Once I get the hang of actually using it it will be my new favorite mount, lol. 

We are going to hatch our gigas tonight and plan on just shutting down the server when we head to bed. Tomorrow we will continue to raise the gigas while also looking for another gasbag and a black pearl gacha

• Like 1

Well, I had a nice relaxing Friday evening that was all about building. Not the most exciting of sessions, but it needed to get done and now I'll be that much more prepared. It's amazing how quickly an area because "safe" once you start building. I got the entire taming facility structure basically finished, save maybe a few aesthetic touches here and there. Honestly as far as builds go it's much more complete than my actual base is.

solotamebase1.thumb.jpg.035d2ffd08444c327e7a30353071b994.jpgsolotamebase2.thumb.jpg.a4fcf7155780f87f2e546ff022d604f0.jpg

So there we go, I can tame in 99% safety and comfort. I put one of my old forges inside so I can easily run metal for repairs. Just for now, I'll probably make another epic forge at some point. I can easily keep my lower level anky here and farm while taming. This facility might even end up more advanced than my base. It would make so much sense to have a chem bench here, and a cooker. Especially once/if I manage to solo tame a quetz and can simply carry most animals straight here for taming.

We'll see. For now I still need a couple more levels. I've already been out with the new rex, he needs some levels to bulk up himself. Honestly I'm tempted to breed him with Lillith just to get an imprinted rex, but patience is a virtue. I'll have a good spino soon enough and then it won't matter.

• Like 3