So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Private Cluster, Extinction, Island and Aberation

Been a pretty productive couple of days on extinction. Yesterday we finished building our new base and got moved in and threw any dinos we weren't using into cryo pods. We then did a lot of gathering and managed to build a chemistry bench, couple of ACs and an indy forge.

Next we decided to see what these orbital supply drops were all about. The plan was to do it in god mode on our 2 boss rex just to see how they were, and just not pick up/destroy any loot we found, kind of a trial run. 1st one we found was a red, and It was insane and we ended up bailing even with god mode on, lol. But we now have something to work for. Either we are going to bring all of our boss rex over and try them, or tame and breed a bunch of gigas.

Our main goal now is getting a metal wall up and turrets/plant x up. This weekend Im thinking we will tame some snow owls too. And somewhere in between head to our main base on the island and cryo freeze a bunch of tames.

Edited by Jabnlab

Well I got on my dedicated ps4 Extinction server. Decided I'd check the map out, haven't really had a full look around just yet. Headed towards the snow biome on an Argentavis just as I passed through the dome polygon's filled the tv screen. Couldn't see anything....Landed (hoping nothing was going to eat me)  Jumped off and the screen went back to normal, I thought; huh that was weird. Got back on and the same same. Now the polygons won't go away. Seems specific to that tame now. Got on another one and was just fine. So then I wondered, what if go back (Slaps forehead) Why did I have to go back? Now two I can't fly anymore. Can't begin to explain how hard it was to make it back home both times lol. 

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Extinction 

Day 2

Not much happened tonight. I just spent most of the night exploring the sanctuary on iguanodon back. Its like a maze and I swear its tapejara heavan lol. Was really looking for the entrance to the sunken forest but a quick google search showed this was out into the wastelands. I had a quick foray to look for it but ended up being chased by thylas, raptors and corupted pteras so I made a quick retreat back to the sanctuary.

Logged onto single player to explore the way to the forest and to check out if a move is worth it. Only thing putting me off is the lack of doed spawns there but the theris may make up for it not to mention the gachas. I just need to somehow make it to the forest on my iguanodon without getting mauled by everything in the wastelands.

Private Pc cluster, Extinction, The Island, and Aberation

Today's main goal was to tame snow owls. So we started gathering and building stuff for an outpost and taming pen. Then we loaded up on cooked meat and tranq arrows, hopped on our battle argies and headed to the snow dome. 

One we get to the snow down, it was nice to see it almost dark at 5am. The always day in the city and wasteland is great for gathering/taming, but sometimes you want dark, lol. Also, I really hope they significantly drop the temp in the snow. With full flak on we didnt even get could the entire time there

So we find a nice flat spot to set our outpost and taming pen, and after about an hour we had 3 owls, a lvl 82, 142, and 120 (pre tame). I load them into crypods and head back to our main base.

1st thoughts on the owls is I love them. While they are horrible at combat (which is nice so argents stay usefull) they have decent weight and fly really fast. They also have heat vision and an awesome heal/freeze. We then set them up in from of a couple of our gachas so they will pick up the pellets and always have their favorite food.

Tomorrows plan is to head to the desert dome for velonasaur. The plan is to the the same, set up an outpost and taming pen. After that we are going to head back to the sunken forest to search for a black pearl gacha. After that it will finally be time to start work on our wall.

y4m0vRFDfbnzdv2OtIRHU0NLM-E4Y6Swx4-GCzOz

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server  - Extinction 

Decided it was time to move to the sunken forest. I crafted up a scout and gathered some basic supplies and got on my iguanodon and travelled to green ob. Sent out a scout to travel ahead and path out a way across the wastelands to the forest entrance. Once I got a rough idea I made a bee line for the entrance. Apart from a run in with a corupted trike, I made it to the forest ramp with out a hitch.

Explored the forest chamber interior and settled in a nice safe area on the lower levels, an island surrounded by beaver dams and trees. Got down a rough shack. Built a small trap and trapped a beaver and berry tamed it. To my disgust I had forgotten how how the beaver saddle engram was and I was 20 levels of learning it. So I decided to transfer across a beaver saddle from the Ragnarok server aswell as a handfull of cryopods and some dilo kibble, but now I had to get to a city terminal on the Extinction map.

Made it back to the city, I know theres a terminal near the forest entrance but I wasnt sure where it was and its to dangerous in the wastelands ti hang around. Download my supplies from a terminal. Stopped of at green ob and tamed up a doed, megaloceros and an anky, and pokeballed them up. Thats me got the basic resource gathering dinos now, even if they are lowish level.

How I made it across the wastelands and back to the sunken forest on the iguanodon I dont know. I got caught by a corrupted chali with its poop throw and had a wee skirmish with it and a few other corrupted creatures.  I managed to break free from it and ran over the ridgeline right into a cloaked wild rock drake (I am assume it was a corrupted one). It of course aggroed onto me. Somehow I managed to out run the drake on my iguanodon (just how lol ?) And made it back to base. 

Went out and tamed a few gachas. Managed to even get a high level female and male, might try breeding at some point and in all I have 2 pairs teamed up for the mate boost. Getting a nice supply of resources such as silica pears and oil with them. Got enough silk as well for my favourite desert cloth armour set. Got some nice loot such as mc riot peices too lol. Started to upgrading the small shack into a larger build, got the stone foundations down and the supporting walls before calling it a night.

Loving Ark at the moment with this new map, having an absolute blast !

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Private PC cluster, Extinction, The Island, and Aberation

Today's main goal was to tame a giga on extinction. Started out be heading to our Island base and grabbing all of our narcotics, tranq arrows and tranq darts, as well as any quetz kibble we had kicking around. Brought all of that to extinction, and also crafted as many narcotics from our supplies on extinction. Then we crafted a few large bear traps and 4 metal dino gates, loaded up on cooked meat and water and headed to the snow because we heard now corrupted gigas spawn on the outskirts.

After about 20 minutes we spotted a 135 male giga in the wasteland near the snow dome. So we cleared out any dinos, laid down 3 of the 4 gateways with a bear trap in the middle. After about 6 attempts the giga finally followed me, stepped on the bear trap and i put down the 4th gateway, and we perched on a cliff and started tranqing him. My wife was the main tranqer while I kind of tranqed and kept watch. Had to stop a few times and clear out some corrupted dinos that got to close but finally he went down. 

I immediately dumped about 500 narcotics in him. At our rates It was about 20 minutes to tame with a mixture of prime and kibble. That 20 minutes felt like hours, lol. Had to fend off several corrupted dinos on top of keeping him down. And then I was worried a meteor shower could happen at anytime and take us all out. He finally stood up at lvl 202. We headed straight to the city and uploaded him asap at the nearest terminal, then fly back to base, make a saddle and download him.

Next we headed to the desert and built an outpost and ended up taming a 135 velonosaur before logging for the day. That was more of a challenge then the giga, ended up dieing twice and breaking all my good flak armor before we finally got him down. Their ranged attack is crazy. Looking forward to getting a breeding pair and roaming around with a mobile autoturret.

This week were are going to restock to prep for another giga hunt this weekend and finally start work on the wall we have been putting off. Hopefully we will have a mated pair of gigas to breed some time in the next few weeks so we can start farming osd.

• Like 1

Started of the day by building a stone taming raft to my usual design. The sunken forest is ideal for raft taming, the waterway is fantastic ! Crafted up a bunch of narcotics and then went on the hunt for high level theris. I knew of a few dotted around the sunken forest. I went for the 140 female on the opposite shore from my base, got it into the taming raft, downed it and kibble tamed it. Once the female tamed up I went back on the hunt for the other two high level theris I knew of. The next one was a 145 female but I ignored that, probably should have tamed that one instead of the 140 but never mind. Thankfully the other 145 I knew of was still near the entrance to the forest and to my relief was a male, and so I docked the taming raft as close as I could and kited the theri to the raft and knocked it out and kibble tamed it. Got that one back to base. All I need to do now is to breed up some eggs and I have myself a good combat mount that isnt an iguanodon. Might be able to start traversing the wastelands now a bit more confidently, maybe lol. Couldnt beleive my luck on finding a high level breeding pair of theris, its normally a nightmare on the official maps, thought it would take ages and not a single night. 

Finished building the main building of thr base and fully furnished it out apart from the electrics, that needs a little more work but I now have a fabricator so alls good there. I got down the foundations on the attached breeding barn to the base, now all I need to do is get the walls and roofs down and work on the electrics there too. 

• Like 3

Unofficial ragnarok- 

Went yuty hunting most of the weekend , trapped a level 240 Male but the gf got kinda drunk and needed assistance lmao , 2 or 3 hours later I came back and it wasnt in the trap no more , so I went back to hunting , killed off the mediocre yutys and haven't seen them spawn back in yet . Started building my greenhouse so far I'm just running water to the roof of my breeding room, once that's done I'm gonna make my ABB outpost for dino farming 

My neighbor gave me a free giga cause I got homie started , and gave him a bunch of free element the other day, karma makes it's way around lol 

Tamed a few lytros because they were there, tamed a para cause its colours were too legit , looking like a green pair of Jordan's lol, got another megalodon and a basi all were spawned in my water pen , and my 6 megs took care of the mantas in seconds but I lost baby shark and doo doo dooo but I now have a grandpa shark at lvl 340

Private Xbox cluster - Extinction

My last sessions consisted of me going for gatherer tames. I also transferred in some useful stuff like a few cryopods, a cryofridge, a Giant Bee, and Griffin (only rideable tame so not to completely ruin experience).  

I tamed a 145 beaver on mejo berries *shudders* near my base in the sunken forest using my 1 size fits all taming raft. After that, I returned to the city on my Griffin to scout out locations for Ankys and Doeds. Managed to find an Anky by green ob so tamed it despite its low level. Froze it up and found a Doed close by. 5 mins into the tame, a corrupted Rex munched on it and it died in seconds. I was pissed because I spent a while looking for one in that spot.

I decided to go to the desert biome to see if I had a better chance, and my word there are a lot there. Fortunately in my case, there was about 6 to choose from in a section without predators, but without kibble, I wasn’t prepared to go for a high level. Tamed and froze that up, and flew back to base.

After placing down a couple dino leashes and seeing they were still solar powered, I discovered that the sunken forest, despite being underground had the potential to give a greenhouse effect. I had already placed my beehive inside a mini greenhouse so placed a crop plot and saw it had 30% effect. This was a game changer because from then on my focus was to build an armoured greenhouse and tame a Dung Beetle.

After spending a considerable amount of time searching for a Dung Beetle in the city, I finally found a level 10 and tamed it almost immediately. That’ll do for now. Got back to base, stuck the Beetle in a leash with a Raptor for protection and began fertiliser production right away. The next couple hours were spent mapping out where and how I planned on building the greenhouse. Finally decided that despite its ugly exterior design, I built it on pillars with a long metal piping to the nearest river. Once the armoured greenhouse was built, my Dung Beetle had enough fertiliser to fill 4 advanced crops. I now have 20 crop plots left to play about with.

• Like 2

Interesting weekend with the amount of server rollbacks on Ext 500. 

Will keep things short as best I can. We only have a highest tame of a 102 Megatherium on Ext, a meg each, a 79 Anky, 45 Doed and a 53 Megaloceros. So nothing big and nothing strong - Oh and the 30 Argy.

Base had walls but  no ceiling at this time, a few large storage boxes and 2 smithies and 2 forges. 

Just out getting wood on the argy and I cant recall now whether I or tribemate spotted the 176 Tek Rex but we decided that we had 5hrs to kill so he picked me up on the argy whilst I tranqed over 100 arrows in the beast as it just chased around taking the odd bite out of me. Tribemate stayed up and to my amazement when I logged in the following day - we had a decent statted Rex - HP currently up at 17k - will stop at 20k but now we can get prime meat so much easier and also gives us protection shoudl some bugger kite as corrupted beast to our base.

Tribemate kindly got me a 125 Ptera so I had a flyer too. The Enforcers he has built are pretty useful, really quick and great for scouting the wasteland and takes out corrupted quite nicely too.

Finished the ceiling on the base and put some turrets on top and some plant x along the bottom to also help. 

Then our final tame of the weekend was a 135 Argy I brought back with me to the base... TM popped out and tranqed it whilst I flew round in circles on my ptera. Again, he did the long winded part of taming and getting prime so when we got that in the building, I let him have it and I now have a low level Argy and my Ptera which I am fine with. So all in all, a really nice weekend on Ext.

At the same time, my 3 rexes are now at 35 % mat and 35% imprinted too, whilst I got my 317 Thyla up to 15% mat and on course for 100% imprinting too so happy days.

• Like 1

Private PC cluster, Extinction, The Island, and Aberation

Pretty simple day today. Made a bunch of narcotics. Then raided beaver dams for cp and wood. Next we did a scrap metal, metal and element dust run. And finished up by building the 1st section of our metal wall. Went with only a dino gate on this one. Next section will have a behemouth so our rex and giga can get through.

Tomorrow we plan on doing pretty much the exact same thing, lol. Having these beaver dams around have been great, we haven't had to make a single bit of cp or felt a need to tame snails.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1

Tonight was the night of the theris. Finished off building the breeding barn, but not able to install the electrics yet. Threw down a mass of theri eggs from the two wilds I tamed up last night. Managed to hatch a male and a female with all the good stats, these will be my breeding pair now. Kept a group of some of the better theris that didnt quiet make the cut for breeders, these shall be my fighting theris, and I culled the rest. Managed to get a half decent imprints onto one of the theris, about 60%.

Then had some fun. Took a team of three theris up to the wastelands for a bit of exploring, makes such a nice change from being scared on my iguanodon. I shredded everything I could see to level up. Was surprised to run into two corrupted reaper kings near the forest entrances, I mean I knew they were on the map but I was still surprised. I must have ran into a OSD mob at one point, that was alot of corrupted paracers, spinos and rexes but I couldnt see any sign of a drop or maybe they just spawn like that. I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a corrupted giga in the area I was in just minutes previously. Must have just spawned in, I had confidence in my theris but not that much lol. Made a retreat back to base.

Think tommorows plan now that I can hold my own in the wastelands is to visit one of the other domes, and tame up an owl or velonasaur. Maybe even go for a gasbag for transporting resources about. 

Edited by AngrySaltire

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Tonight was the night of the theris. Finished off building the breeding barn, but not able to install the electrics yet. Threw down a mass of theri eggs from the two wilds I tamed up last night. Managed to hatch a male and a female with all the good stats, these will be my breeding pair now. Kept a group of some of the better theris that didnt quiet make the cut for breeders, these shall be my fighting theris, and I culled the rest. Managed to get a half decent imprints onto one of the theris, about 60%.

Then had some fun. Took a team of three theris up to the wastelands for a bit of exploring, makes such a nice change from being scared on my iguanodon. I shredded everything I could see to level up. Was surprised to run into two corrupted reaper kings near the forest entrances, I mean I knew they were on the map but I was still surprised. I must have ran into a OSD mob at one point, that was alot of corrupted paracers, spinos and rexes but I couldnt see any sign of a drop or maybe they just spawn like that. I nearly had a heart attack when I spotted a corrupted giga in the area I was in just minutes previously. Must have just spawned in, I had confidence in my theris but not that much lol. Made a retreat back to base.

Think tommorows plan now that I can hold my own in the wastelands is to visit one of the other domes, and tame up an owl or velonasaur. Maybe even go for a gasbag for transporting resources about. 

Extinction seems wild bruh , corrupted reapers? That's scary lmao

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Extinction seems wild bruh , corrupted reapers? That's scary lmao

Its absolutely wild ! Am loving it atm, everything just wants to murder you lol. They were both level 20s so shredded them. Am more scared about the corrupted gigas. Word on the street is that they travel in packs haha

30 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Its absolutely wild ! Am loving it atm, everything just wants to murder you lol. They were both level 20s so shredded them. Am more scared about the corrupted gigas. Word on the street is that they travel in packs haha

Daaaaaamn , my cluster just got it idk if I should make my adventure there yet lol