So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Quite the day today.

Decided to start the day strong. Made a tree platform and taps and got those set up. Then I took my tek rex out to start looking to cross a few animals off my list. Found some pachyrhinos, which I need for bary taming. Of course the pretty one was a high level male...I hate taming these things so I actively look for low levels. But then something else caught my attention. A blood rex came stomping over the rise, destroying the herd and giving us a run for our money. Literally. A quick check with the spyglass revealed a 140 female. I may not be a huge fan of rexes, but I don't waste good animals either. It took quite a bit of work but we lured the bloody nightmare all the way to the newly constructed taming pen, got her down and tamed. The tek rex survived too.

She didn't stand up with any breedable stats, but still a monster of a tame. I decided she earned a name, so she is now Lillith. Yes I did recently watch the Sabrina reboot, it seemed apropos. She is now my main mount.

We went back to the field where she had torn through the pachyrhinos, and one remained alive. A low level female. Tamed and returned to the lake.

We then went in search of a direbear of a decent level, 130+. Did not find one right away, but did find a 150 saber. Tamed it, returned to base and did some prep work. This saber was tamed for one purpose, and one purpose only: going into the volcano cave to tame a beetle. Made our way in, a hard fight down as we ran into a high level athro straight away that broke all my armor in the fight. Then we came around the corner and thankfully it was still daylight, because we stumbled almost literally over a megalo. Low level female. 4 active on the map at a time and we happen to find one and a female to boot.

Found a beetle as well, tamed and quickly returned to base.

Loaded up the bary and went out to capture the megalo. That was a scary encounter. Did you know they can pick up baryonyx? TIL. Almost lost him, and almost lost the megalo after forgetting to whistle passive. Lucky, lucky. It was a long, tense journey back to the lake, for sure.

Then back out again and found a 140 direbear. Tamed him up. A lot of back and forth today. Got him saddled and went out to spend an hour harvesting enough honey to make an S+ hive, then a nanny who is powered by honey in the absence of tek.

Also went out to look for a rare sightings otter as I'd never tamed one before. They are adorable, for the record.

Almost immediately a new rare sighting popped up for a wolf in the snow. Took Lillith out one more time. Did not find the wolf. Did find a particularly persistent yuty who followed us even beyond the snow. Low level, but beautiful dark blue and lavender female. Who am I to argue if she wants to come with us? Got her down and tamed and walked her home.

All in all a very busy and productive day. Even found time for a metal run.

Definitely in a very good position now. Plenty of supplies and resources. I actually can't make a cooker yet, really wish there was a middle tier option for that. Will start stockpiling mats in the meantime. I'm basically ready, now I just need animals to tame. I know where there's a 145 spino that I plan on going after soon. Will need an oviraptor, and probably another megalo or two. I do have shorter night cycles which makes it even harder to get eggs from them.

I guess that's really the main argument for boss rexes, at least they're easy to get. Boss theris might be much more versatile, but they are much harder to set up for. I might give megatherium a try too, it all depends on what I find when I'm out on the hunt. I feel like the lake is going to fill up rather quickly.

• Like 1

Ok... a bit more my usual ARK playing days as I spent most of yesterday on ARK which was great!

This weekend we installed a Cryo fridge on our main base on Center. This thing is great, hatched 6 Rex eggs and got some great colour combos with 4 of the 6 with the HP and melee stat I wanted. I got an all white albino Rex with 702 melee and 20k hp, an all yellow  Rex, a dark red Rex and a bright red Rex with a white underbelly. I also got a yellow Rex with a magenta back which is an eyesore so that went in the Cryofridge and may trade it out to someone else. 

Raised 3 Rexes to first imprint (8.5%) and then put them back in Cryo fridge - getting 100% on these would be easy now but I think I will just raise them as and when I get a few hrs, as they dont need 100% imp in my opinion.

Extinction Offical PvE - tribemate had started a base just on the western side of the city, with access to wasteland and snow quite closeby. Its a nice location with a beaver pond, a few metal nodes and an obsidian one too. Quite happy with location and already we have made a lovely shaped base with walls 2 high (should end up with a really nice looking base like we have on Center - not just a box that I keep seeing everywhere).

I hadnt used a Megatherium before but my low level (35) is actually quite tanky and allowed me to take on a lvl 10 Rex which was wandering close by the wasteland. Needed prime for the 65 argy we had down, so was killing anything big that we thought realistically we could take on. My char went from 0-40 in about 4hrs of pay, lots of narcs, cementing paste, stone walls and foundations. I did the creating and tribemate sorting out the designing placing of the base (he does make some lovely designs bless him).

It wasnt too stressful wandering around a new map on my meg, unlike when I was on my iggy, but I sure wish I had a bear on there - the speed, strenth and extra carry weight - anyone seen any on Ext yet?

Lastly, the thing I saw a lot of was... drowning bodies, I felt sorry for them, but not as sorry as I want angry... I wanted to drown them :P

• Like 1

Unofficial ragnarok

Been a pretty good couple of days , spent last night flying around alpha hunting and drop raiding , couldn't find a good enough thyla and kinda wanted a giga but all I could find was a 72 

Made my breeding room finally and bred a rex for experimentation,  my 600+melee female with my 450 melee male made a 500 melee female so I'll keep this up till I get a better Male to breed with the superior female I still want a better Male but good rexes seem to be rare atm , tamed a level 240 megalosaurus , did the classic trap on it and waited till night time to put her down , brought her home at level 340 

And ralphie came home , or I left him on my wall the whole time or he was chasing stuff around idk but I'm glad hes home lol 

• Like 1

Not much to report today. Ran some cables and set up my hatchery area with hatchery, incubator and nanny. Also made an egg collector. Still not a single megalo egg, most likely due to my accelerated night cycle. Funnily enough I did pick up 4 golden hesperonis eggs from the one that lives in the lake.

I also mass crafted stimulants, narcotics, gunpowder, sparkpowder, and did a massive metal run. All weekend prep really.

Tamed a 145 pelagornis also, but without kibble or fish prime so a bit of a waste, but still pulled some decent enough stats. Mostly just want to see what a high level pela tame is capable of. The weight is pretty lackluster though, if I didn't have a stacking mod that reduced the weight of most items the pela would not be a particularly useful mount. I feel like it has a lot of potential but is very much in need of a TLC.

There are a few things that bug me about it. First and foremost, it does not transition from sea to land at all and it should. If you go from sea onto land it automatically launches into flight. This can get a little bit annoying, especially when fishing near the shore and having to reposition. Second is the combination of low stamina and low carry weight. If WC wants people to use an animal, make it, well, usable. Being a little slow is fine if it's worth the trip. Increase stamina, carry weight, or both.

My thought was also to give it either a glide or a hover ability. Gliding wouldn't be like rock drakes. It would be relatively slow, but use much less stamina and can't change direction. Or, since it can't pick up anything or otherwise be useful, give it a hover with a greatly increased base stamina stat. While hovering the bird does not move, cannot attack and it drains stamina faster, but the trade off is that you'd be able to use mounted weapons in this mode.

Also for the love of the Ark why does it only have 2 color regions, and one of them is nearly invisible at that. Way to make it so even people who breed for fun will never touch this slow, low statted seaplane. I would make the second region more prominent and make the feet/beak a color region the way it is on argents.

I dunno, I love the concept of the animal, but its design and utility is so uninspired compared to so many other animals. It just doesn't stand out at all. I want to use one so bad but it's just so much easier to hop on an argent.

• Like 1

We started out today looking for a more permanent base location, but decided to pretty much stay where we were, only in a slightly differant area. Its actually a pretty good location, head into the city and get tons of metal, scrap metal, crystal, electronics and element dust and if I need poly we just head to the wasteland and farm corrupted dinos. Its also safe from meteor showers once they re enable them. Corrupted dinos can occasionally be a problem but nothing my tames or auto turrets couldnt handle.

So after we decided on a spot and started gathering for the base. We are going to keep it somewhat simple, focusing on function over looks along with a decent perimeter wall and turret towers for corrupted dinos and alphas

This afternoon my brother finally joined our server and discovered that we can actually transfer stuff and dinos to extinction. I always assumed we couldnt so I never tried, but I guess that must be an official thing. So I decided to bring a few things over from the island. Grabbed my good armor and weapons, stole my aberration s+ tek generator and s+ tek replicator. Then we also transfered a pair of imprinted battle argies, imprinted megasloths and a pair of boss rex. Nothing game breaking but will give us a nice little bump, i mean it is suppose to be an end game map anyways so I'm fine with bring a few dinos and gear over

Turns out bringing the rex over proably saved our base and all of our tames. Went to the terminal to pick them up which isn't very far from base, and there was a 180 alpha rex and a pack of 4 or 5 normal rex with it, headed straight for me. I downloaded mine and my wife's rex as fast as I could, managed to pop a saddle on both and jump on mine just as the alpha started chomping away at us. So the fight was on and we won of course but If I hadnt have brought the rex, our base and everything we had done since last week would have been destroyed in minutes.

Tomorrow we plan on working on the base and also heading underground to tame a few gacha and also try the cryoballs out for the first time to quickly get the gacha back. Im hoping for gachas that produce black pearls. I know I can eaisly get black pearls on aberation, but for now Im trying to get all my resources for extinction on extinction.

Edited by Jabnlab

Started off this morning hatching 10 rexs so i can start doing bosses again. bred the rexs together for 5 more eggs and put them down to incubate. Went out to farm metal, stone, and wood until the 3x went away. Remembering that i put the 5 eggs down, I ran in to check on them just in time to see them hatch all at once. Yaay for endless meat runs for the next 4 days.

Afterwards i started crafting stone ceilings for my new base. Made another 1500 and got the bottom floor done. Ended up doing a boss run with a friends rexs and got my tek back up and running. Now im waiting another 20 mins so i can imprint the rexs so i can go to sleep until i need to imprint again. 

• Like 2

This morning we set out to tame gachas. So we loaded up on stone and grabbed half a dozen cryopods then headed to the sunken forest. When we got there it looked like the beaver apoocalypse with hundreds of beavers in the ponds. So we did a destroywilddinos waited a few minutes then started looking. After half an hour or so we filled up the cryopods. Didn't get one that produced black pearls but we got ones that produced other useful things, like obsidian, pearls and red and blue sap.

When we got back to base we continued work on the new base and finished enough to protect our replicator and tek generator before having to log. I also parked a rex at the base just incase a corrupted or alpha paid a visit before we could get metal walls and turrets up.

Tomorrow we continue work on the base and will probably farm element dust to make more element. I may bring over a mammoth from the island to speed up wood gathering, although raiding dams and using an ascendent hatchet have been doing pretty decent so I may not.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:11 PM, Jabnlab said:

We had a pretty productive day today. Started off on a narcoberry run and made a bunch of narcotics and tranqs. Then my wife spotted a lvl 60 anky nearby, so we knocked it out. While it was taming we knocked out a trio of pteras, 2 lvl 60s and a 67. While they tamed we spotted a 112 anky and we knocked that out too. So now we have 5 dinos being tamed at once. Thankfully the pteras were all similar lvls and we knocked them out all at the same time so we only had to set 1 timer for narcotics.

All 5 dinos tamed up no problem, while they tamed we threw together a quick taming pen. Then went on a hide run with our raptors to craft up all of the saddles. Came back and a lvl 75 mega sloth had spawned near our taming pen. So we kited it to the pen and knocked it out and let it starve while we looked for prime.

While searching for prime we came across 2 low lvl rex, a little shocked they were so close to base, but thankful we got plenty of prime for the mega sloth but also got us to build our walls a little higher, lol.

So after the sloth tamed we decided to go on an enforcer killing spree for oil so we could get a generator and fridge going. Ended up with enough oil for a few weeks worth of gas as well as a mountain of electronics. Ended up building a fabricator, generator, indy grill and fridge and managed to fit them all into our tiny 3x3x1 base, lol.

Next we took the pteras and did a little exploring of the city and the edge of the wasteland. Anticipated it being a suicide mission we we only brought cooked meat, water and a spyglass. But the trip was cut short due to a meteor shower. We booked it straight home because we were safe from meteors at our base.

We were getting ready to log out and we saw a 135 mega sloth, so decided to stick around to tame it. Got it in the pen, almost loosing my ptera in the process. Then we tranqed it and started a prime run. Got back just in time to see a defense unit rip the mega sloth to shreds :( Killed the defense unit for revenge then logged for the day.

So far we are really liking extinction, and we havent even tamed/built any extinction dinos yet. The danger is way up there, I mean we are pretty safe in our little bubble under the green obelisk, but danger isnt far away. I think tomorrow we plan on looking for the sunken forest and taming a bunch of gachas, I hear they are pretty op right now :D

If u can find any honey is better for taming megas ?

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: Lucked Out Again.

So, it’s been a couple of days since an update, because it’s been a true to form map launch...rocky, buggy and with patches prone to break more than they fix, lol...and my console-induced squeamishness about problematic updates drove me to give it a couple of days and patches to fix the patches before I got in there to see if the latest calamity had claimed my game.

As a catch-up, the recent PC patch deleted a bunch of bases in the Sanctuary dome. A subsequent patch was issued but a rollback was not performed. And...after putting eight or nine hours into more than a thousand foundations for my forever home and the prospect of losing that and potentially having homeless pets having their safe stone Outpost stripped away was, well, quite a headache I needed to steel myself to face.

Great news though! I was once again among those not affected! Outpost and build-in-progress were both intact, and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.

Ark is my favorite game of all time. But I feel like freaking Neo in The Matrix dodging bullets from shoddy updates. The Center console launch, dodge. Didn’t lose my progress. Scorched Earth console launch, dodge. Didn’t lose my other games. Turkeypocalypse, dodge. The forums warned me to just not play Ark that November. One close call after another and I’ve been blessed and lucky and dodged it all.

Fun trivia, I have not updated my Xbox game since before Ragnarok launched, and my PS4 stays unplugged until I assess the integrity of the updates and literally the entire reason I invested in a couple thousand dollar PC was specifically for Ark and the luxury of being able to save my game! Could say I’m a bit traumatized... ?

Anyway! Lol...today was devoted entirely to continuing the build on my forever home. No stops, no distractions, just nose to the grindstone. Constructing hundreds of pieces, taking my weight trained eagle, Ruby on endless runs for thatch, wood, stone, crystal, metal...down to the forest cave to tick off the beaver overpopulation by raiding dams for cementing paste... eating every scorpion and arthropleura I could find to manufacture my own cementing paste...

And I did get a good bit of building done too. Just the tip of the iceberg, but progress nonetheless. I might have to cave in and craft an industrial forge, because waiting for metal to smelt for my glass pieces is really slowing me down. I find the industrial forge to be an excessively, unnecessarily oversized eyesore, but it would definitely help get the job done faster than my six cute normal forges.

Tomorrow it’s back to the grind, but I have a mind to block out a little time to hunt for nice dimorphodons for the flock and continue Operation Managarmr as well.

F863AC89-4FA7-4FF9-8D6D-EBB127A015E9.jpeg

61BD8B8E-0378-4D07-B12E-04E6D07C04A2.jpeg

79A1AEA6-D594-4F5F-8E5E-C6AE3B54BD75.jpeg

B8A5733E-CC6E-4EB3-B146-E2D25C93FB07.jpeg

Extinction - Private Unofficial Cluster

After a 4-5 month break, I can finally get my teeth sunk into the new content.

I started off in the central sanctuary section, and made a dash for cover. Found a nice little place to stick my temporary crapshack down while I cowar in fear after getting chased by a corrupted Trike. All my levels have gone into speed so far and just as well. Just as I progress on to wood, a corrupted Ptero starts slaughtering everything outside my shack. My first thought was, “wow, look at all this free hide,” but man those things are crazy, it was only level 70 and ruined a 140 Trike.

Next session, I plan to unlock stone tier and convert ASAP now that I have metal tools.

• Like 2

The Island - single player

(apologies in advance for my bad English)

I know that there are people with 6k hours of game but I started my first run last week. I am playing the single player mode because give me more the feeling of survive since nobody is on the island with me. I am point to ascend but at the moment I am a 22lvl desperate.

I tamed few dodos that were promptly  killed by Dilophosaurus. so I tamed a female Dilophosaurus (name Dilo) that after few hours with me decided to stand on my fire place and die burned.

I moved my base from a point to another because there is a Spino near and doesn't look friendlt. I reached the red obelisk just to find that I need a lot of stuff to unlock it. suff that I don't have a clue where are.

I am not using any guide or mod or anything because I think ruin the "survival feeling". 

This is my background. today I managed to tame 2 Carbonemys 2 parasaur and 2 Dilophosaurus, at list they can give me a little of protection. 

next step is to tame a Pteranodon and start go deep with the exploration. 

Unofficial ragnarok- 

Pretty lame night,  was only on for a bit though , lost my beached megalodon to a lvl 98 meg ...so I tamed her now I got a mommy shark lol

Tamed a nice red lvl 224 rex , but her stats weren't that great..boost in stamina and oxygen? Not really what I was lookin for but her she cute doe

And made soooo much gunpowder and narco I literally have boxes of narco , until I go spino and bary hunting lol

• Like 1

So if any of you bothered to read my one or two past posts on this thread you'd know that I just restarted a new world on the Island, however I'm doing it again. Why you might ask? Because I'm going to try to play Ark Hardcore mode. What is Ark Hardcore you might ask? Well I'm sure other people have their own rules for Ark Hardcore mode, but the only rule I'm abiding by is this: The game doesn't end until you either beat the game or you die. I will have certain multipliers on. The taming speed and xp gain will both be 2x, and gathering rates will be 3x. I get that that may not be hardcore enough for some of you, but frankly the game is too boring for me to play with base resource rates. I don't want to feel like I'm spending 90% of my time grinding. Also I will be playing on the max difficulty, so highest level dinos will be able to spawn. I'll be posting updates on this little experiment of mine whenever I get the chance to play.

Extinction - Private Unofficial Cluster

Upgraded my base to stone and farmed some metal for replacement tools, nothing much else happened on the base front.

Instead, I went on a naked adventure and explored more of the sanctuary, uncovering the whole area on the map. Found out that I’m only a short walk from a couple terminals so I can now start transferring stuff in and out. Also, decided to naked spawn in the other regions of the map to uncover those areas a bit too.

• Like 2

Extinction, Modded Single-Player: Ramping Up Production and a Lack of Self Control.

It was a much more exciting day today than the previous, leading off with me taking my eagle around the map to place teleport pads and scrounge up any and all metal rocks I could find. My first stop was the snow, and an immediate potential present: a 140 managamr.

I placed a teleport pad and sent my eagle back to the Outpost, and set about a duel with the target. Well, I lost the first volley, died and had to reset. I took the chance to park Ruby indoors, teleported back and carried on as soon as I’d tracked the managamr...which I found was relatively merciful on torpor decay. 

The second time around, I dropped her, but was immediately put on the defensive against a wolf pack. I summoned Ruby back to me and had her to fly defense while I waited on my tame.

I got her up, teleported both home, and used the dino pickup mod to move my new friend past the normal dino gate to take up the remaining elbow room on that level. It is certifiably packed now with my wyvern, managamr, eagle, owl, gasbag and a pair of unicorns.

I then invested 2,500 precious ingots into an industrial forge to kickstart ingot production, and headed back out with Ruby to hunt enforcers and metal rocks.

And while I was out, I stumbled into a lake in the Sanctuary dome...with a 136 lightning drake...that I just couldn’t say no to, in spite of a decided lack of space. 

I successfully dropped and tamed her, and crammed her in too.

Then I set about raising the walls in my home and crafting pieces by the hundreds, pausing to head down to the sunken forest to raid dams for cementing paste, and picking up three new dimorphodons for the flock along the way.

Next Up: I have got to finish my build, because I formally am well past capacity at the Outpost and need a proper place to live before I continue my taming adventures.

• Like 1

Last night I went on Center and did a few meat runs whilst getting some egg timers down - poor old Center isnt getting the love right now :(

Logged onto Ext and started off on the new Argy flying out getting wood - owch, I was really noticing the lack of resources without the x3. Finished another set of foundations for the base, think we have pretty much the lot now to finish off the courtyard.

Found a little obsidian node so gobbled that up and some metal too. Saw a Carno from behind whilst chopping trees down and it gave me a fright (still only got 150 hp as levlled up weight and stam first).

The base is really nicely laid out now with everything where we would want it, easily accessible and perfectly aligned for crafting and building. Just need a lot more stone to get it up to scratch and finish the high walls and ceilings. 

So I finally hit lvl 45 (new char) and with everything in the base fed, and resources ready fro Tribemate to come online later, I logged off and went to bed...

Final thing, I did see a few Sabercats so think that will be a nice little tame later - I love my cats :P

• Like 1

single player  - the island - level 25

I discovered that the Pteranodon saddle can be unlocket at level 38 (more or less), so there is no need at the moment to tame a Pteranodon.

I went out for a bit of exploration mounting a Parasaur and with 2 Carbonemys as escort.

I was attacked by 4 Dilophosaurus and a Titanoboa, they killed my Para but the 2 Carbonemys killed everyone.

I tamed another Para as a mount and another  Carbonemys to reinforce my escort.

I enlarged my wooden house to make space for a refining forge.

next steps: building a smithy and the complete set of Fur Armor

• Like 2

Today I pondered. I pondered leaving a community server. I'll admit I'm a little attached to my dinos there, but the difficulty level may be beyond me.  It just feels like I'm not making any progress at all. I think the gathering is whats messing me up. Too much work and not enough reward. It's draining. 

On the single player side of things my Island progress is going nicely. I've started building a cliff side base for animal storage and mining. The mountain is metal and obsidian rich so things are moving quickly. Plenty of resources to build to my hearts content.  Soon I'll continue going after the artifacts, I've acquired three so far and I'm looking forward to finishing the collection.

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Extinction.

Day 1 

Its been a while since I had been on the cluster, I had to take a break. Was finally able to get onto the xbox and begin playing Extinction. Decided to go with a fresh new character, was tempted to transfer across my Aberation character but I decided not to risk a character transfer. For the moment I am not going to transfer accross creatures and resources, I want to get the full experience on Extinction. Maybe later on once I get much more established.

Spawned into the Central Sanctuary and basically spent the entire night leveling. First death was to ants but in my defense I wasnt paying attention to Ark lol. The main goal being aiming to get to the metal tools. So got down my starter 2x2 in a nice secluded area and got it furnished with a bed and boxes. Upgraded to wood to help levelling. Finally got to metal tools and got some forges down, and crafted up some metal tools and a couple of crossbows. Tamed a level 10 trike to help with narcoberrys. Had to kill myself when a scout tagged me when I was attacking a higher level trike. Unfortunately I couldnt knock the higher level out, ran out of tranqs as it ran for it. 

Nearly peed myself when the first wave of meteors began hitting the sanctuary shield. Took me waaaayyy to long to look up and realise what the banging noises where lol. Then went exploring the area on foot. Made it to green ob, its a fantastic area would be great to set up a base here but I have other ideas. Going to aim to get down to the sunken forest somehow, after chatting to people on the server about it  I think that will become my current goal. Downed a level 90 iguanodon and tamed it up. Love iguanodons, such a good early game scout dino. Called it a night. 

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Also I hoped on to Ragnarok in the morning earlier in the day. I just had to check out these cryopods. So I crafted up a few cryofridges and an absolute ton of crypods. Installed one of the fridges in my breeding barn and the other into my main build. Going to put most of my breeders into the one in the breeding barn and a selection of other dinos such as spare rock drakes etc into the other fridge. Love how you can organise the pods into different folders in the fridges. Its going to help clear up the mess of my various dino barns lol. I love the pods ! Going to be such a good improvement to QoL.

• Like 3