So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

If you ever need rock drake eggs just let me know ;) Been a while since I was on the server (burned out a bit) but I do trench runs for fun so would so wont mind jumping back on for the giggles. 

Havent decided yet. Probably going to jump on fresh to get the full DLC experience, with intensions of transfer of stuff later on.

Perfect! I wish it came out this weekend then I would have time to play but maybe ill see about getting tuesday off. Getting close to lay-off here

Tried to join the extinction server for 45mim before I somehow got in.

Snakes killed everything and eating half the wooden house.

Remade a stone house and started to make dino gates with hatchet because I can't afford to tame a gacha or doedi... 

Only made 3 gate after finishing the small stone shack before logging off because 2 reroll happened in the mean time, having to rebuild every time... My 4h of game time ran out... 

Tamed 3 dodos 5 dilos and a ptera while farming... Looking out for a trike, but no luck. 

Edited by Paroxyde
  • Sad 2

Unofficial ragnarok- nitrado server

It might be a bit until my cluster gets extinction but I'm cool with that I still have loooooots of work to do on rag 

Almost done the breeding room , just needs a ceiling and electricity hooked up,  traded one of my prized wyverns to some good people for a thyla an argy and a bunch of acs kinda cheaped myself out but itll pay out in the long run 

Caught 2 megs that were in my water pen but one got beached and I have no idea how to save him , tamed a dolphin too , lost my first tame on this server by accidentally axing him in the head during a raptor attack ...sorry boris 

I then tamed a new boris but this time hes a high level stego lol and tamed a low level dimorphodon outta boredom again lol and tamed another Male rex with poop stats , I think I'm a dino hoarder lol

Once the breeding room is done I'll make an outpost on aberration to farm , just like I'll have one on extinction ( the plus side of clusters) 

• Like 1

I've built up enough that I decided I need to get a foothold on the mainland. Just like irl, herb island is a perfect example of how we trade convenience for security. It might be completely safe, but it's a hassle to do anything. So I loaded my doed, mammoth and argent up on the raft and sailed north. I was already planning to build up there anyway so why not now? Pearl Lake, an area I have never built in because it's been occupied on every server ever. Not surprising, given its relative safety and proximity to useful things.

Once there I set up a tiny platform to operate from and tamed a red monkey that happened to be wandering around. No particular reason.

Anyway. Farmed up a bit and got one gate up.

That's honestly all I had time for.

Pearl Lake is going to be my breeding facility, basically. At least for my semi-aquatics. Barys, spinos, pelas, etc. I'll probably keep herb island as it is for now and eventually convert it into a sea pen. I'm not too worried about it being too far out of the way for that because honestly I rarely use full aquatics. Don't really need to with spinos, but they are still good to have for some situations.

I will say I'm tempted to check out Extinction, but I'd really like to progress through the maps in the proper order.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Hey man :) Glad to see you around here again. I also have taken a few months off and havent logged in my server so ive probably lost everythijg to spoil :P Had a few nice rock drake eggs in my fridge but id assume theyrr gone now

Undecided whether im going to pay a visit back to Ark when extinction drops for xbox.. im pretty hooked back into my old pc game (and I mean old.. Tibia 20 years old now..) without a pc capable of even dreaming of running Ark im stuck with my good ole faithful og xbox one.

Maybe @AngrySaltire has plans for extinction? Going in fresh or transfer? I should plan my stuff now if I do decide to jump in

Thanks :) We've been playing Destiny 2 pretty hard the last several months, Destiny's Forsaken expansion and the month or so leading up to it have been so awesome. I kept paying for my Ark servers during the break but just turned them off so its like we never left. The night before extinction came out I transfered all of my tames and bps on SE over to my island server before changing it to extinction

Extinction came at the perfect time at kind of a lull between Destiny expansions so now we are splitting our time 50/50 between Ark and Destiny. Destiny's next expansion is a month or 2 away so we have a decent amount of time to get our grind on in extinction and see what it has to offer before getting completly lost in Destiny again.

Extinction - Modded Single-Player: The Great Scouting Expedition, The Most Annoying Culling Creature EVER, and 1,000 Foundations and Counting...

So, the very first order of the day was taking my new owl Sai out training, and actually seeing the map, scouting for where I’m going to set up the forever Sanctuary.

The map is absolutely gorgeous, and I’m pretty sure I saw most of it. I found my dimorphodons getting the featherlight treatment in a pit at the center of the earth, and tamed three to start the flock, spied gatchas for the first time, and I for one am not complaining about the beaver overspawn...at least for now.

Because fast forward in time and I’m actually building in the aptly named Sanctuary dome, taking over a gorgeous atrium in what is easily shaping up to be my most ambitious build ever. And it’s so beautiful I can’t bear to do it all in stone, so a lot of wall sections will be S+ glass walls, for which I need a boatload of cementing paste...so the plentiful dams are very welcome.

As I was, I’m not sure what needs doing to tame a gatcha, and I haven’t caved and consulted the wiki yet, so after a bit of failed experimentation I continued my tour after teleporting out my three dimorphodons and a mesopithicus that was simply nearby a downed bird and I thought “why not?” and started handing her berries.

After settling on my atrium I spent nigh eight hours today simply farming supplies, constructing foundations, ceilings and ramps, and placing and placing and placing and the foundation is still not complete. I’m hopeful tomorrow I’ll have the foundation done and can start raising the walls. On the plus side, this is giving plenty of time to smelt metal for all that planned glass.

And in between all the construction I was out with my wyvern in the snow, because I had settled on my next target tame: a managrmr. Hopefully I didn’t butcher that name...

But, well, let me tell you there are *issues* with this goal. Holy, there are issues. Namely, while the snow dome offered up a 120 eagle, 136 water wyvern and 108 owl back to back to back previously, my return has greeted me with nothing but positively subpar managrmrs. 

For most species, this isn’t a terribly huge deal...just keep snacking on them until the game spawns one you want. But culling managrmrs with my highest DPS tame is the biggest pain in the neck, because I’ve not yet found a drake, which would be the go-to for their infinitely superior mobility, my lovely Tritonia banking like a school bus against what I’m pretty certain is the fastest and most mobile creature in Ark makes for a hefty ordeal.

Tritonia has the advantages of being quite tanky and she hits like a truck...but... unfortunately I have to actually land those truck-like hits on these things.

Well, long story short I struck out today, after reaching a point where Tritonia needed to recover and I needed to focus on building. Tomorrow’s a new day.

• Like 1

Logged in to Center last night and put 15 rex eggs down to bring the timers down for a weekend raise (looking for a specific colour so will probably be killing many)

I then logged in to Extinction500 to try and find tribemates starter base (somewhere near green obby he said). I spawned in a new character and on first level up I pressed melee instead of weight (NUMPTY!!). Anyway, made the usual starter tools and wandered around. lvl 15 Carno came behind me and ripped a hole in my back. Decided to spawn elsewhere not knowing where green obby is and it wasnt visible on first spawn. Now in a snow biome, 65 wolf came and chewed on my leg. 

So, opening a little of the map now, decided on a different spawn point on map - aha, right by green obby. Wandered over and pillared like an electical power station - stumps everywhere. 

Couldnt find his base but many in sight so just spiked a few dinos and levelled up waiting for Friday night when Ill game with said tribemate.

First thoughts are... starter areas are fairly safe, Anky's in abundance so wont be long in getting a metal base up... a few metal nodes and obsidian around too which is nice.

Part of me thinks I should go on SP, spawn in a flyer and go check out the map but that takes away the fun of exploring. Hell, that is what I loved about Rag - and I have hardly spent any time there.

So, Im a lvl 5 character on a new map... could make for an interesting weekend. Hope you all have fun too - be sure to let us know of any tips on Ext

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, d1nk said:

Perfect! I wish it came out this weekend then I would have time to play but maybe ill see about getting tuesday off. Getting close to lay-off here

Tell me about it, would love for it not to have been delayed. I think itll be Wednesday before I get on, assuming a massive download time. Lay-off doesnt sound good....

10 hours ago, LadyCrescent said:

Extinction - Modded Single-Player: The Great Scouting Expedition, The Most Annoying Culling Creature EVER, and 1,000 Foundations and Counting...

So, the very first order of the day was taking my new owl Sai out training, and actually seeing the map, scouting for where I’m going to set up the forever Sanctuary.

The map is absolutely gorgeous, and I’m pretty sure I saw most of it. I found my dimorphodons getting the featherlight treatment in a pit at the center of the earth, and tamed three to start the flock, spied gatchas for the first time, and I for one am not complaining about the beaver overspawn...at least for now.

Because fast forward in time and I’m actually building in the aptly named Sanctuary dome, taking over a gorgeous atrium in what is easily shaping up to be my most ambitious build ever. And it’s so beautiful I can’t bear to do it all in stone, so a lot of wall sections will be S+ glass walls, for which I need a boatload of cementing paste...so the plentiful dams are very welcome.

As I was, I’m not sure what needs doing to tame a gatcha, and I haven’t caved and consulted the wiki yet, so after a bit of failed experimentation I continued my tour after teleporting out my three dimorphodons and a mesopithicus that was simply nearby a downed bird and I thought “why not?” and started handing her berries.

After settling on my atrium I spent nigh eight hours today simply farming supplies, constructing foundations, ceilings and ramps, and placing and placing and placing and the foundation is still not complete. I’m hopeful tomorrow I’ll have the foundation done and can start raising the walls. On the plus side, this is giving plenty of time to smelt metal for all that planned glass.

And in between all the construction I was out with my wyvern in the snow, because I had settled on my next target tame: a managrmr. Hopefully I didn’t butcher that name...

But, well, let me tell you there are *issues* with this goal. Holy, there are issues. Namely, while the snow dome offered up a 120 eagle, 136 water wyvern and 108 owl back to back to back previously, my return has greeted me with nothing but positively subpar managrmrs. 

For most species, this isn’t a terribly huge deal...just keep snacking on them until the game spawns one you want. But culling managrmrs with my highest DPS tame is the biggest pain in the neck, because I’ve not yet found a drake, which would be the go-to for their infinitely superior mobility, my lovely Tritonia banking like a school bus against what I’m pretty certain is the fastest and most mobile creature in Ark makes for a hefty ordeal.

Tritonia has the advantages of being quite tanky and she hits like a truck...but... unfortunately I have to actually land those truck-like hits on these things.

Well, long story short I struck out today, after reaching a point where Tritonia needed to recover and I needed to focus on building. Tomorrow’s a new day.

As a console peasant, I obviously have not played Extinction yet.  I've tried to limit my Youtube videos of the new DLC, so much of what you were talking about above, is like speaking in another language. I don't know the new dinos, but "water wyvern" caght my attention!

Looks like I will have a lot to learn when Extinction finally  comes to consoles .... in 2019.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

As a console peasant, I obviously have not played Extinction yet.  I've tried to limit my Youtube videos of the new DLC, so much of what you were talking about above, is like speaking in another language. I don't know the new dinos, but "water wyvern" caght my attention!

Looks like I will have a lot to learn when Extinction finally  comes to consoles .... in 2019.

The water wyvern is a part of the Dragons and Enhanced Creatures mod I run. In fact, in spite of seeing some corrupted wyverns in footage before launch, it looks like there isn’t a wyvern trench on the map...which is pretty disappointing.

I hope it comes out on console soon, but I too am skeptical of a launch on the 13th, simply because PC has unearthed a bunch of bugs that simply must be fixed before it goes to console.

The worst of it is that Extinction has overwritten the save data for everyone with a game on The Island.

WildCard has a bit of work in front of them, but as someone who started on Xbox EA from day one and a sometimes console player still, my view is that I’d rather PC have it for a few days to find what’s seriously broken...because I can just restore from a backup on PC if catastrophe strikes. On console, well, if you remember the simultaneous Scorched Earth launch...if they had sent the Extinction build out simultaneously, everyone with a single player or non-dedicated Island game would have lost everything, and there’d be nothing I could do about it.

I know it must be maddening to wait, especially with the expectation of another delay, but at least we know PC is bringing these bugs to their attention, so console can hope for a launch free of complete calamity.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, LadyCrescent said:

The worst of it is that Extinction has overwritten the save data for everyone with a game on The Island.

This is not entirely correct. While they both use the same folder, both save files are named TheIsland.ark and Extinction.ark so the only things that are shared, are the tribe and character profiles. If you do not create a new character, and are using the same on both map you should not have any issue.

45 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is not entirely correct. While they both use the same folder, both save files are named TheIsland.ark and Extinction.ark so the only things that are shared, are the tribe and character profiles. If you do not create a new character, and are using the same on both map you should not have any issue.

Famous last words :P We cant exactly restore our saves so even if it *might* overwrite its a huge deal for consoles

• Sad 1

So I'm now in college, and sadly there is no room in my dorm for my PS4, so my old Ark world on The Center with my old dino buddies must be put on hiatus. As of a few days ago I hadn't played Ark in almost two months. I had, however, previously downloaded Ark via Steam on my old Macbook Air. As you'd expect the game ran like a slideshow on the lowest settings. Good news is, I've gotten a new computer since then. So, I downloaded Ark onto my new computer a few days ago. This is no gaming laptop, but it's certainly more powerful than a Macbook Air. Anyway, I now have the game running fairly smoothly on Medium settings.

Day 1.

Went pretty much as you'd expect the Ark Adventure to begin. I started building a thatch hut, crafting cloth clothing, spears, and the necessary tools. Since I was building a fairly large starter home, I actually ended up upgrading to wood before I finished the house. I quickly worked my way up to Bow and Tranq arrow level. I was having an incredibly hard time finding high level dinos for some reason. The vast majority of the dinos seemed to be level 20 or less. Eventually I did find a level 100 Dilo, knocked it out and tamed it up immediately. I don't have a name for her yet. I upgraded to Hide armor and completed my wooden home. I died at one point at the hands of a Titanoboa, but managed to keep my now level 149 Dilo from having the same fate. I knocked out a level 100 Pteranodon and things seemed to be going well. It was at that point that I decided to log off.

Day 2.

Didn't go quite as well. I didn't exactly lose any progress. I did die and lose all of my stuff, but at this point in the game recovery is super easy. My Dilo is still alive and well, but the Pteranodon woke up while I was out looking for other high level dinos. I found a high level trike and started gathering narcoberries and narcotics in order to tame it, but it ended up getting killed by a spino. I wandered around for another hour and a half and found nothing worth taming. It was pretty boring. Hopefully I can find something useful eventually, but we'll see.

Honestly when you're just starting out, high level animals isn't hugely important. I find taming levels 50-60ish is fine, and for starter utility animals I'll grab whatever I can find. I know I'll replace them later on with better ones anyway.

For myself, not a hugely exciting evening. I built the remaining 2 gates I needed and set them up. Of course, animals can still fall in from above; I'm still thinking about how to block that in a way that isn't totally ugly. The only true concern is a giga roaming too close and falling in...that would ruin my day, for sure.

But since I had my immediate safety handled, it was time to do a little shuffling. I headed back to the raft and sailed all the way back to herb island and loaded up a few choice tames. My anky, of course. My bary. And my spino. Yes, the one adventure I didn't post about included my first spino tame. Fun fact/detail: if your spino is on your raft and you turn the raft too quickly, the spino stands up! It's like he's trying to balance himself, very cool.

Offloaded everyone and then spent a significant amount of time laying foundations. Also clearing the area of annoying spawns. Kept the beavers, ate the paras, compies, dilos, trikes, stegos, etc. Basically anything that could be a potential issue. I might tame one of the beavers, not sure yet.

Decided to get started on eggs for argent kibble to tame spinos so I headed over to carno island with my raft and my bird. On the way we scooped up a surprise visitor, a lystro who was randomly swimming in the middle of the ocean. Oh, and I did go and rescue mine on my way to tame the mammoth...it was promptly snatched up by a seagull and eaten. Would have been safer on the beach where it was. Sigh. Anyway. I lured a bird I liked into the pen and KO'd it. While I was getting prime a female scorp started following me to the pen so I tamed that too in case I decided to do some boss rexes instead of or alongside theris. Then I tamed the lystro because why not.

Brought everyone back to base and that was about it for me for the night.

Today's plan is basically to spend some time at herb island gathering up the rest of the animals/materials I plan to bring with me. Some of them are staying because I either don't need them or don't want to lose them ie the stupid seagulls. Once I've consolidated everything I've got some more stuff to build before I'll really be ready to start hunting.

We had a pretty productive day today. Started off on a narcoberry run and made a bunch of narcotics and tranqs. Then my wife spotted a lvl 60 anky nearby, so we knocked it out. While it was taming we knocked out a trio of pteras, 2 lvl 60s and a 67. While they tamed we spotted a 112 anky and we knocked that out too. So now we have 5 dinos being tamed at once. Thankfully the pteras were all similar lvls and we knocked them out all at the same time so we only had to set 1 timer for narcotics.

All 5 dinos tamed up no problem, while they tamed we threw together a quick taming pen. Then went on a hide run with our raptors to craft up all of the saddles. Came back and a lvl 75 mega sloth had spawned near our taming pen. So we kited it to the pen and knocked it out and let it starve while we looked for prime.

While searching for prime we came across 2 low lvl rex, a little shocked they were so close to base, but thankful we got plenty of prime for the mega sloth but also got us to build our walls a little higher, lol.

So after the sloth tamed we decided to go on an enforcer killing spree for oil so we could get a generator and fridge going. Ended up with enough oil for a few weeks worth of gas as well as a mountain of electronics. Ended up building a fabricator, generator, indy grill and fridge and managed to fit them all into our tiny 3x3x1 base, lol.

Next we took the pteras and did a little exploring of the city and the edge of the wasteland. Anticipated it being a suicide mission we we only brought cooked meat, water and a spyglass. But the trip was cut short due to a meteor shower. We booked it straight home because we were safe from meteors at our base.

We were getting ready to log out and we saw a 135 mega sloth, so decided to stick around to tame it. Got it in the pen, almost loosing my ptera in the process. Then we tranqed it and started a prime run. Got back just in time to see a defense unit rip the mega sloth to shreds :( Killed the defense unit for revenge then logged for the day.

So far we are really liking extinction, and we havent even tamed/built any extinction dinos yet. The danger is way up there, I mean we are pretty safe in our little bubble under the green obelisk, but danger isnt far away. I think tomorrow we plan on looking for the sunken forest and taming a bunch of gachas, I hear they are pretty op right now :D

• Like 1

At the moment got too much work.
Can write only now what i did the last 2 weeks.
Last weekend at 8x i got only an hour. So i farmed only 4k Crystal on Aberration. 
But on Sunday night i was done with work and had a free day. So i put 20 Spino Eggs and breed them. They grew so fast. The hour it took for the Eggs to hatch i gathered tons of fish at the Aberration River. it was really fast, 6,5x at this time. i kept 10, 8 of them had the 414 Melee, the other 2 had my Magenta Mutation. In the morning i could imprint all of them, they got 50% on 1 Imprint. At Afternoon i could do the 2nd and last imprint on 9 of 10. The last one wanted Dimetrodon Kibble. The only KibbleDino i still dont have. I have now a fully imprinted Magenta Spino with 414 Melle and 6,4k HP. He is my new Allrounder. Cause Monday was 4x i breed 15 Ankylo Eggs. I wanted more of my Venom breed. 7 of the Venoms had 451 melee at start, so i kept them. 3 are other colours but with same Melee. I was able to imprint all of them. 1 Imprint and all get 100%. 

Now i wait for Tuesday and Extinction. I want a Cryopod. I got so many Spino, Crabs and Ankylo in my base. It will be really helpful to store them.

PS_Messages_20181106_094503.jpg

PS_Messages_20181106_094520.jpg

PS_Messages_20181106_094509.jpg

• Like 1

A long and productive day yesterday.

First I did two runs back to herb island and cleaned out almost everything. All that's left behind is a bed, a smithy, the crops, foundations and the animals I'm not taking with me. Everything else went to what is now my main base at Pearl. I set up all the crafting stations and built a quick and not especially pretty base. I'll work on it later, it serves its purpose for now.

Once that was completed I built an epic forge from Seven's Forge kit, 50x faster metal refining. When you can't rely on server timers to put in some of the work for you, sometimes the solution is to simply boost production with mod help. I also got a new set of crops going. And I crafted, then upgraded until I got an ascendant longneck. Given the high cost of materials to use the upgrade station, I think it's fair. I also made 100 darts to start with.

Unfortunately there wasn't too much to hunt yet because I had another major project to work on first. The hidden lake is very, well, hidden and part of the issue with that is moving animals in and out of the gates with so many obstacles. So I spent much of the afternoon clearing two of the three valleys, using foundations to block respawns and building up quite a stock of materials with my doed and mammoth. I also built a small dock for my raft and built a taming pen into the end of one valley, with an elevated shooting platform.

Then it was off to hunt and clear spawns with my spino. Unfortunately he is a low level and it shows; we eventually retreated back to base to heal after a particularly nasty fight with an alpha raptor, a carno and a 125 rex. I took my bird out to scout instead. Eventually I brought back a 140 event colored anky, which is one of the animals on my checklist. I also want a good doed, mine is painfully bad and I have the resources so it's time to upgrade.

Didn't find a doed, but I eventually found a 114 tek rex I had scouted previously along the volcano river. In the absence of a taming pen I simply used the valley by the end of the river. Luring her in was hard. KOing her, easy. Unfortunately her TE got wrecked by a raptor of all things, so basically no bonus levels. Disappointing, but it's not like I'll be using her for breeding or anything I guess. In any case, a 100+ apex predator is a fine mount and her job is basically to clear spawns and harvest prime meat from alphas, both of which she does admirably well.

I haven't actually named any of my animals yet. Usually I do. I guess I don't care as much when I'm by myself, heh. Granted I never name breeding project animals either, only the animals born from the project.

Anyway. I'm in a much stronger position than I was at the start of the day.

Today's goal will be continuing to build up. I need pachyrhinos, a beetle, megalos, a better doed, a bear, a tree platform with sap taps, sheep...I don't know if I'll get everything, and I still have plenty of building and crafting to do.

• Like 2

Pretty much did 1 thing today, gather to build a 101 ascendent enforcer bp. To start we tamed a 135 doed and a 135 anky. Then we headed to the city with the doed and my wife was on our mega sloth for protection. After about an hour we gathered the 1k crystal, 370 oil and 10k element dust needed by farming lamps, benches and enforcers.

Next we gathered all the obsidian we could find for making polymer, but were still 400 shy. Decided to venture to the wasteland to farm corrupted dinos for corrupted nodules which are like organic poly. After about 90 minutes and way too many close calls we had enough for the enforcer. And by that time our metal was done smelting. 

So we finally had enough mats to build the enforcer. So we head over to a city terminal with it...only to find out the city terminal didn't have nearly enough slots which kind of made me mad, lol. So out of spite I did something I never do and I spawned in an s+ tek replicator, built the enforcer then immediately destroyed the replicator and destroyed any of the mats it dropped.

I think the enforcers are pretty sweet. Kind of low hp, but their movement and stamina are really great. And this one als has 1k weight. They also do insane damage to corrupted dinos. So we are dumping all points in hp on this one since everything else seems decent

So our big plans for this week are building a tek replicator the legit way (we do have 1 on aberation and 1 on the island, but cant transfer anything to extinction yet), then gathering to build a 2nd enforcer for my wife. The next bp we have is for a 120, and it takes twice the mats so it will be a while before we have enough. We also want to tame a few gasbags and gachas, hopefully finding a gacha that makes black pearls.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1