So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Xbox - Single Player - The Island 

Decided to skip the beaver tame and go straight for a theri tame. Scouted around the west coast for a bit only finding low levels. Eventually found a level 95 chilling next to my taming raft, so traped it and tamed it. Even with the boosted taming rates still took about 30 minutes to tame it with berries. Now got a nice wood gathering machine. 

Next I went looking for a doed but couldnt find one close by my base. So decided to go for an argy first. Converted my taming raft so I could trap a flyer. Took the raft north to the area just at the snow border. Could only find a lowly level 45 so lured that into my taming raft and knocked it out, tamed it up and took it back to base.

• Like 3

Unofficial ragnarok

Been a pretty quiet few days , I tamed a megalodon making me move my base to the beach for water access , shes kinda low level so I named her meg Ryan lmaoo . The ocean is serious I barely got her home! 

During base expansion and building I found a treasure box for my servers treasure hunt (the event running atm) and I have to tame a basilosaurus but they're pains in butt 

Went back to building after making 50+ beh gates and two large buildings I tamed a level 150 carno that tried to kill me now he follows me during building and watches my back , I also tamed a dimorphodon I shot a tranq at him outta boredom and decided to tame lol 

My move is almost done soon I can get back to bidness , my one house is storage sleeping quarters and where I keep my pack dinos, and the other is all storage and forges where I'm gonna keep my doedics and ankles 

• Like 1

Now that I had an argent I went on the hunt for a doed for stone gathering. Skirted the edges of the redwoods, didnt dare go into the redwoods for fear a thyla would get me, I watched one nail a ptera out the air almost as a warning lol. Found a few low level doeds but none high enough to tame. Eventually struck gold at the volcano, a nice blue event level 150. Its nice to find a max level creature to tame on the island, they are so rare here, Ragnarok has deffinatly spoiled me with all the high levels. So I extracted the doed from the scorpions attacking it and took it back to my taming raft to tame up. Knocked it out and left it to berry tame.

While I waited for the doed to tame up went back out on the argy, this time for a megaloceros for thatch harvesting. Again skirted the redwood and eventually found a level 60 male, so I picked it up and took it back to base. Bolad it and downed it right next to my base, and tamed it. Saddled both my newly tamed doed and deer. 

Began to mark out the plan for my buildings. My main building is small enough to fit where my current small shack is. The breeding barn and dino storage will take alot more careful planning, its going to be interesting trying to site enough foundations in an area large enough for the size of buildings I want. Again Ragnarok has spoiled me with nice large open flat areas, the island is less forgiving in this regard.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Well, I've been away from Ark for a very long time, about 6 months to be exact. Due to my current life circumstances, I simply don't have the time to put into a server anymore. But the itch to to play is still there, so I decided to fire up a SP game with heavily modified settings. I've played on a whole range of settings from official rates to EZ mode, and decided to go somewhere in the middle. Mostly I'm just speeding everything up because I can't sit around playing all day anymore.

Back on The Island

Spawned in familiar territory, on the west coast where I keep rebuilding my base, the Arkanus. But I got the northern spawn for that point and ended up a bit south of Carno Point. It was actually quite safe, so I got to work. My exp settings are a little too high, but that's ok. I didn't establish a base in the beginning, I just made enough for basic storage while I built my tools and whatnot. I built a raft, and since I upped the max structures on a platform by quite a bit (so sue me, I want functional platform bases) I decided to make a full mobile base. I'm using S+ of course so as a handy bonus, when I do pick where to settle I have it basically prebuilt, just have to dismantle the raft base. Anyway, I was able to build stone tier and immediately headed up north a bit for advanced resources (ie metal), but was quickly turned back. I didn't lose anything important but an icthyornis did kill my dodo, never seen that happen before. That's what I get for not building a roof.

So I did the logical thing and sailed all the way down to herb island to safely build up out of primitive tier. Got attacked by a leed on my way but managed to escape, barely. Also may have gotten punted to death by trikes a couple of times in my pursuit of a mount...ended up finding a tek parasaur roaming around, you bet I tamed that boy right up. Low level, but shiny and on the only truly safe spot on the island so it's all good. With his help I was able to collect lots of metal and make a ton of narcs. Equipped with metal tools and a crossbow, I decided that was good enough for now and left the safety of the island to head back to the mainland. Left the para on the island. I honestly don't like herb island that much due to it not being close to anything useful, otherwise I would build something there. Anyway. I decided I wanted to look for a bary, but found a spino blocking the way. Also realized I don't have a spyglass. So back to carno point I went instead.

Once there, I fended off sabers and freezing cold temps to gather a small amount of crystal and made my glass. Now I can see! Scouted a couple of rexes and some argents.

Honestly though, now I'm a little conflicted on what to do. Even without a tame on these settings it won't be hard to get any of the potentials I saw. I don't have any saddles premade, so that could prove to be an issue. Logically an argent is my most versatile choice, but even a low level rex is a huge advantage for taming. Obviously I can just get both, but the lack of saddles, especially for a bird, would be problematic in the long run.

This is also kind of touching on why I want a bary specifically. They're versatile and perfect for how I play Ark; I honestly don't use birds for much beyond resources, and with the complete run of the map the need to have them at all is lessened considerably. I might just skip birds entirely, beyond my need for their eggs. That's an aspect of SP I hadn't considered until now really, is that without other players I can have as many bases, outposts and conveniences as I want.

I also think I've been a little too impatient. Ark has always been very much about the journey. The best thing to do would be to go tame one of those stupid seagulls, then make a saddle and go hunt down a bary.

I might build on herb island after all. Now that I think of it, it's the perfect place to have a farm set up. It's safe and out of the way, and my preferred mounts (ie spinos) have no trouble getting there. Hm. 

• Like 2

I hatched a Rex egg, lvl 384 (of which i have been lazy and not imprinted on it but to be fair I was away) and farmed metal. 

It wasnt a great amount of time spent on ARK but we did 5 x Gamma runs on Center for some element but now need to go farm some more artifacts.

Other than that, trribemate has been busy with his building extensions and I have been helping by providing the metal and helping with the element runs.

Ill get on tonight to do the usual... but am thinking I want a new tame as I havent tamed anything in quite a while... would like an all white Ptera if I can see one that is :)

• Like 1

xbox Official server 557 PVE solo tribe

Been a while since my last update. i now have extended my base walls extended with Behemoth 
gates, i have made a box with Beh gate roof is still do . that has a walkway extended from my workshop. 
trying to keep the base functional and looking good. 

have the start of breeding line of anklyo and argy and some cool colours of ptera's. 

green house on the cliff with 2 dung beetles walking about inside.

On my Rag server finishe dmoving all my dino's to island map, tamed a couple of horses too.

using the horses as chem benches to make more paste and also lots of paste from rags beaver dams 
Spent most of saturday evening and sunday grinding for hard polymer. in prep for buying breeding 
pair of Boss Rex's. 

Also tammed a bronto and its amazing for beries and is better at collecting thatch than my Megaloceros
lookign forward to making a platform saddle base

Next on the todo list is 
Build a roof for my dino storage. 
if i have enoughy poly left over make a lift instead of ramps.
add some more fridges and an extra vault
Prepare for baby hatching on the Life event, breeding all my dino for eggs

• Like 1

Well, day 2 went from awesome to bad to better.

I ended up skipping the icthyornis entirely and went in search of a bary. Alas, the only one I found was level 5, but hey it's better than nothing. Tamed it up, made a saddle and brought him home. Incidentally I named him after my old tribemate who was known for dying a lot and loves barys. The name was prophetic.

Once back on herb island I tamed an anky and a second tek para, because I can. The anky was of course immensely useful and I started stocking tons of metal up to smelt. I decided I had more than enough to make the jump to the next tier, so I jumped on the bary and headed northwest to carno point and easy pearls. Got a bunch of oil too. But I decided to take a shortcut and cut through the interior of the island, rather than the longer coastal journey.

Well, even veterans make stupid decisions sometimes. Got stunlocked and torn to pieces by a pair of wild barys in the volcano river while I was busy avoiding a spino, never even had a chance. So I lost everything I farmed, the new saddle, and of course the bary. Only lost about half my gear, because I took it off and stored it to save weight.

Back to the raft we went. I ended up rebuilding the front quadrant into a small taming/transport pen. Made a second forge, a metal storage box courtesy of S+, and stocked up on some raw mats for the ease of access during my travels. We are basically as set up for success as we can be in the current situation. I've got the anky loaded up and ready for the journey as well.

The next goal is to get an argent. I already made the saddle. Just one half decent bird is all I need to turn this game around.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

someone left the door open on a metal base walked in to find ascendant riot armor, Mastercraft fabricated sniper and 500 bullets. The moral of the story is to not leave your door open or someone like me will come and take it.

Yeah, I kind of know what you mean. I tend to argue with myself in these circumstances... what if the owner is actually a really nice guy/girl but then again, what if they are a complete ass. 

Im now in a position where I doubt there is anything I would need from someones base as I have the high lvl bps I need. Possibly element would be nice in this circumstance but Ill never find an unlocked vault with that in ;)

Unofficial ragnarok- 

Still moving so nothing really that special, lost meg Ryan to a pack of mantas that spawned in my water pen, that sucked 

Caravanning large packs of dinos to the new base was pretty fun , felt like a g walking with all the rexes up front but I guess a therzino thought he was slick and picked a fight with one of my allos causing all 4 to go off the cliff with him and there was 3 other therzos down there . By the time me and my rex noticed there was a full on rumble going on down there before my rex jumped off and joined the fight the allos made mince meat of the therzos it was like a dino fight club ..it got crazy real quick lol

And a argy musta had a good sense of humor cause he picked a fight with 3 wyverns and lasted 3 seconds 

But the move is complete even though I might've made my pen a little too big on get wild spawns in my yard but tames are on neutral so its they're funeral if they wanna be smart lol

• Like 2

Day 1 Redux

But wait, shouldn't I be on day 3? Yes, I would be, except that I wiped my save. I was a chronic Pokemon restarter too, if something didn't go juuust right I would reset. Similar situation here. I did some reading and decided to change all of my settings around and add some mods I've never had before. I've never really chosen to do modded play on my own, usually I just end up with whatever the server is running. But I decided it wouldn't be "fair" to change everything and then continue my game, so poof it went.

On the multipliers I pretty much just sped everything up considerably, especially breeding. I've played on official rates and whatnot, I don't need to suffer through it again. Twin quetz on the original breeding timers with my tribe partner back in the day, and helping a non-tribed friend with 3 food-bugged baby gigas (triplets). I think I've earned the right to breed however I want lol.

I didn't go too crazy with mods, just some basic QoL, a couple of admittedly EZ mode, and one I wanted to try since I first heard of it ages and ages ago and am so happy to see it's still around and has had some amazing advancements since I last played. So my mod list: S+, Platforms +, Super Spyglass, Upgrade Station, Death Recovery Mod, DinoTracker, Seven's Forge, Rare Sightings. I was going to add a stacking mod but I'm too lazy to go through all the steps to reload the map with it, so meh.

Rare Sightings has me super psyched, especially since I'm not using SP settings and still want to conquer all the bosses solo.

Anyway. I loaded up for my second first day in a week. Spawned on the east coast this time, cause I have a plan, man. First thing I noticed was some pegos roaming around. Within 10 minutes I had two of them tamed. I was testing the new settings, and also just wanted them out of the way. I left one behind at "camp" if you can call a single storage box a camp, then went to tame a couple of dodos. The one I left behind was killed by another pego. Went back and tamed that pego. Survived a compy ambush, tamed a stuck lystro, and then the new pego died to an icthyornis. I had bows by then, always craft two for the hotbar so if one breaks in an intense moment you're not SOL. Learned that from SotF. Anyway. Killed the flying pego, recovered the pego's stuff, and tamed a stuck lystro while warily observing an alpha raptor some ways down the coast.

Stockpiled mats while I leveled up enough to make a raft. I actually turned my exp down so there's a sense of progression. I was level 83 or so on the last file, that's just too fast for me. I like my exp at x2. I also noticed an interesting effect, since I have harvesting way up, but not player harvest damage, so it still adds some effort without being overly grindy. Dino harvest damage is up, so basically I make it hard until I get a tame, which tbh is pretty accurate in general.

Finally got my raft made and loaded everything up. Except the poor lystro, because I couldn't carry it and hadn't built any structures on the raft. If it's still alive by the time I'm back in the area I'll rescue it. Then it was off to herb island, this time with no surprise assault by giant fish. Once there I offloaded the animals and had a run around, found a few animals I want to tame. My taming settings are up high enough that kibble is for convenience, not a necessity anymore, so that's cool. But I will still need some kibble animals for imprints, which sucks. Unless I rely solely on the S+ nanny. I hate stockpiling animals I'll never actually use for anything. The dodos at least are great as noob fridges and the pego is bait if I get into a tough situation lol.

Grinded a little bit more and laid down crafting stations on the naked raft until I got what I wanted, metal tier tools. Tamed a tek para (yes, again) first to hit up some berries. Then I grabbed a stego, two ankys and a trike. There's a better tek para I might grab later, and I'm going to take a different track this time and tame something I have never had before: pelagornis. There's a decent level one flying around herb island, and I can make the saddle. Killed a couple of trilos at one point, chitin for daaaaaays.

Basically, my theme is very much versatile semi aquatic animals. I've been maining spinos since they were first added to the game and absolutely love the utility of them. And everything else, really. I once had a pink frog that soloed an alpha raptor. I don't even remember her name anymore, but she was a beast of an amphibian. I was really meh on barys in the beginning, until we got some in my old tribe specifically for doing caves and now I appreciate them quite a lot for their (surprise!) versatility. So it's only good sense that I would love a pelagornis too, the Ark version of a seaplane. I know my tribemate P loved them, I once helped him hunt for a specific colored one for ages. So I'm gonna try one and if I like it, I might just do a few breeding projects too.

That was all I had time for, but I'm obviously in a much, much better position than I was before so I'm quite pleased overall. I cut all of the waffling out so am pretty much right where I was, only with better tames.

Now I just have to decide what to do from here. I know I am going to build up on HI a bit. I'll still need crops and some egg animals, and I saw a design I like and can adapt to the area. I'll most likely use it as a small farm, refueling/refining station and early sea pen. The raft will again be a mobile taming pen with amenities. Logically, for efficiency I should start the farm as soon as possible. I already started fertilizer production, but I won't be taming any beetles until I get a bary that can survive a cave long enough to find a few. But until then I can run a few plots, maybe just one of each to start. TBH I don't think I've ever needed crops in such quantities that I've needed more than that really. One person can only use so much stuff.

So that's the plan. Pela, plants and poop.

• Like 2

On Sunday, October 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Now that I had an argent I went on the hunt for a doed for stone gathering. Skirted the edges of the redwoods, didnt dare go into the redwoods for fear a thyla would get me, I watched one nail a ptera out the air almost as a warning lol. Found a few low level doeds but none high enough to tame. Eventually struck gold at the volcano, a nice blue event level 150. Its nice to find a max level creature to tame on the island, they are so rare here, Ragnarok has deffinatly spoiled me with all the high levels. So I extracted the doed from the scorpions attacking it and took it back to my taming raft to tame up. Knocked it out and left it to berry tame.

While I waited for the doed to tame up went back out on the argy, this time for a megaloceros for thatch harvesting. Again skirted the redwood and eventually found a level 60 male, so I picked it up and took it back to base. Bolad it and downed it right next to my base, and tamed it. Saddled both my newly tamed doed and deer. 

Began to mark out the plan for my buildings. My main building is small enough to fit where my current small shack is. The breeding barn and dino storage will take alot more careful planning, its going to be interesting trying to site enough foundations in an area large enough for the size of buildings I want. Again Ragnarok has spoiled me with nice large open flat areas, the island is less forgiving in this regard.

Congrats on 1k rep :) 

• Thanks 1

I got offered 20k for my female rex , were on a boosted server so prices are naturally higher and she has really serious melee but damn that's way more than I expected , and it's just so she can make babies and I get her back lol that's what's up 

And argies keep picking on my quetz and dying from my allo gang lol, I found a mating pair of tek Raptors,  ridiculous levels ( 256 and 240 ) brought them both home on a near perfect tame , check stats and.....nothing too special lol

• Like 1