So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

52 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

I want to tame a thyla and I'm wondering if there's anything I should consider bringing besides a couple rexes for protection and dino gates to protect the thyla because I tried it and carnos started falling off the cliff and ate the thyla.

An Argentavis so you can pick it and fly it to a safer location before you KO to tame?

• Like 1

Logged in, checked dino's  and went metal grinding to find someone had beaten me to my main mining place. Returned, mined some local metal and logged off.

Tonight... will hopefully get some metal mined, feed a few things and try and whip up some banter on the server... Im the usual one who starts the conversations server wide.

I have some 135+ tamed therezinos on my ragnarok server. They were used previously for breeding top dinos. I need elem for my tek gen soon, so I decided to do gamma boss with them. 

So i took 1 yuty, 15 theriz with 5 cakes each, 2 boss rexes and 2 tamed tek rexes.

Killed boss, but there was no element at all in any dino. Theriz were full health, they spent only 2-3 cakes each. Boss Rexes were almost dead oO

I decided to repeat next morning.

Started boss fight and found that all my whistles keys were not working. Almost died from dimorfs and pteras, but managed to change settings for whistles.

Killed boss at the end and got tek elems this time. Surprisingly all tamed sh*tty therezinos did better in fight than boss rexes and tek rexes. Rexes were died because got extra flame damage from dragon when i was changing settings, and also they stuck in golems. Theriz used 3-4 cakes and were on full health Oo.

Edited by BlackMambaM

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, Aushegun said:

Thanks .... Since I don't have any water dinos yet, I was only venturing just a bit off shore, as it was too risky to swim any farther without any protection or scuba.

The Wiki showed a few oil nodes in the bay of the Tropical Island South on the far east side of the map. (This is the island I spawned on, and am currently based on)

But after venturing into that bay 3-4 times, I've yet to see an Oil node.  I have not swum all the way across it, due to sharks. But I have explored the bay from many sides with no luck.

Once I get a shark, I'll be able to explore much better and I'm sure I'll find some.

the water under the floating island spawns basilos and you can harvest tons of oil from killing them (could also tame some and get oil passively)

• Thanks 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:18 PM, Eds11 said:

debating whether to tame a quid or mosa next weekend since its pain on 1x after that ill spend my time traveling and exploring the oceans of ark

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, OceanCrazy said:

Tame the Mosa first and enjoy the ocean.

No way! Squid first for the win! outclasses mosa in every capacity except for speed

23 hours ago, Eds11 said:

so its better to tame mosa better my end game is to be able to farm squid for black pearls and tentacles

squids can grab mosas but not other squids. So if you're going to farm squid I'd recommend again, squid. Also I'm not sure what map you're on but on rag go to Viking bay with your squid and wipe out those eurypterids. You'll get hella black pearls

Hi all,

Really struggling with ARK just now, everything seems so stale... my servers are capped but there is noone really talking - figure that out! 

Anyway, Im not water expert but I tend to use Basis in the ocean as they cant be stunned or grabbed. Where people say use a squid or a Mosa, I tend to disagree as being grabbed by a squid or shocked by eels and jellies is way too much of a hassle. Basis lose hp as they dive deep but they have such a high health pool it really doesnt matter. They can withstand some nasty predators i.e. a good levelled and bred Basi can slowly get to the surface when a 145 A Mosa is ripping into you. You wont kill it and wont outrun it but you can get back from the lowest depths to the surface where he will turn and swim back down without dying. 

For ease and safety, just get a Basi for the sea :)

Anyway, still just harvesting metal at the moment just to help the tribemate extend our main base facility. Other than that, I will try and hatch a dino tomorrow night if I can get a little luck with the tame cap.

Hope you are all doing ok

• Like 1

walked into a random narco trap woke up to a pack of allos that started to chase me had to jump off a cliff fell broke bones and started a very very long trek across the map to my base luckily I tamed a raptor on they way made a found a saddle from an already raided base and ran all the way back home like the last little piggy

Unofficial ragnarok-

Another chill night lol, mainly just restocking and a small mish to the mountains , after feeding and stocking up on narco I decided I need to get a war pig line started 

Found one on my islands mountain a event white and red,  she was a pain in the butt tho . Refused to go in the trap even when I lured her in she was like naww imma attack your wyvern . After a few bolas and a game of tag lol I down her . While guarding her in starve mode I got jumped by a lvl 240 yuti and his high level carnos ...and killed them all with a bite and one fire blast...john wick dont play . A pack of wolves thought they were slick too but I tranqd one and ate his pack

So I brought the dao home at 321 and named her strawburrah and the lavender wolf at 333 named him ryo after my moms dog and my wolf hoarding starts again lol

Edited by Ninjasharrk
  • Like 1

Xbox - Single Player - The Island.

Ended up moving camp to one of my alternative base locations, I just wasnt happy with the location I had chosen. Am now on the cliffs just north of the bay area north of red ob. Definitely more to my liking... atm anyway lol. Got down a basic 3x3 (again lol). Did a bit of scouting about for tames. Tamed up a couple of raptors including a 135 and also a really nice 145 flame red/orange parasuar for its turret mode. I really need to tame some utility dinos such as a doed and a beaver, might even just bypass the beaver and go for a theri, with the rates on the server a berry tame isnt too bad. So I got down a raft and crafted up my usual stone taming raft. Only thing is I really need to be careful of the leeds since they spawn on the map (cant remove on single player). Stocked up on supplies and set sail.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Only thing is I really need to be careful of the leeds since they spawn on the map (cant remove on single player). Stocked up on supplies and set sail.

Skip the beaver bro , and as long as you stay close to the shore you should be okay I remember making raft missions to the arctic from my beach base it is possible just dont stray too far out 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Skip the beaver bro , and as long as you stay close to the shore you should be okay I remember making raft missions to the arctic from my beach base it is possible just dont stray too far out 

Yeah I'll skip the beaver especially if I can find a half decent theri :) . Dont worry, I hug the shore like my life depends on it haha

10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I'll skip the beaver especially if I can find a half decent theri :) . Dont worry, I hug the shore like my life depends on it haha

Lmao that being said it has happened to me pretty close to the beach,  home had a shark with him my day quickly turned into that the shallows movie , then I got killed by a carno on shore good times lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anarki said:

Hi all,

Really struggling with ARK just now, everything seems so stale... my servers are capped but there is noone really talking - figure that out! 

Anyway, Im not water expert but I tend to use Basis in the ocean as they cant be stunned or grabbed. Where people say use a squid or a Mosa, I tend to disagree as being grabbed by a squid or shocked by eels and jellies is way too much of a hassle. Basis lose hp as they dive deep but they have such a high health pool it really doesnt matter. They can withstand some nasty predators i.e. a good levelled and bred Basi can slowly get to the surface when a 145 A Mosa is ripping into you. You wont kill it and wont outrun it but you can get back from the lowest depths to the surface where he will turn and swim back down without dying. 

For ease and safety, just get a Basi for the sea :)

Anyway, still just harvesting metal at the moment just to help the tribemate extend our main base facility. Other than that, I will try and hatch a dino tomorrow night if I can get a little luck with the tame cap.

Hope you are all doing ok

squid can't be grabbed by other squid either, and also have no problems dealing with jellies. Plus no need to run away as a tamed squid can down anything in the ocean including alpha mosa / alpha squid; and when they're hurt you can grab and attack which gives a vampire effect and heals you quickly

Still struggling with scale when trying to make my own ARK map and in a moment of madness or genius last night decided to change my scale references to in-game characters.  Dropping in non AI models of the relevant dinos - stacking where required.

So I now have a "Turtle back slope" or a "5 Giga hill".. an "Alpha Rex" cave height etc.  Who needs real world units of measure when you can have a bridge 4 Diplos long etc.

Servers are dead atm, waiting on Extinction to drop.  A friend booked the day off work but think I'm gonna leave it until Friday before I book a day off to make sure it definitely drops before then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/24/2018 at 9:56 PM, KrakenOverlord said:

the water under the floating island spawns basilos and you can harvest tons of oil from killing them (could also tame some and get oil passively)

PS4 - The Center - Prim Plus - Single Player

So a couple of days ago, I took an Argy and flew to the snowy area to gather oil, since I remembered oil nodes being there. Along the way, I tried to harvest a bunch of fur, as I did not have any  fur armor yet. I was lucky that I stopped at a pink drop, and got a JM fur helmet, which helped. Upon arriving at a location with Oil nodes, I quickly put together my pre-built stone mini-base and put a bed, storage box with some extra gear down along with a fire. Warmed up,  then harvest as much oil as possible in that area. We then began the trek back to my main base, when night came, and I could no longer handle the cold, within seconds, even with a torch, I went from frosty to ice cube, to dying fast. I tried to make it to a safe spot and warm up, but ended up dying mid flight. 

Now I had a dilemma ... do I re-spawn at the mini base in the cold? or do I try again all the way from my main base?  Well I decided to try it from the mini base. I spawned in, grabbed the spare hide armor, torch and began running as fast as possible while still trying to get down the steep hill without hurting myself. I finally make it to the bottom of the hill, and am running to the area where I died, when I hear the blood curdling howls .... the wolves had seen me. I ran for my life, and just as my Argy spawns into view, I am taken down by the wolves.

Re-spawn back at the main base.... gear up AGAIN, and take my only other argy out to recover my body and oil/fur full Argy. By the time I fly across the map, and when my death beacons finally appear. That is when I see my Argy circling in a battle with a Rex, and other baddies. We swoop in, (the Argy I was on is the better fighter) and we eventually kill off everything. We land, and both Argies are down to about 20% health. Then I hear the howls again. We beeline it home,  and arrive safely.

Last night I take my weight argy out again, and this time we go to the water under the floating island in the Center, as I need pearls, and had not had any luck in the rivers yet.

Well I arrive , and see a lonely shark. low level, but I had earlier found a ASC saddle at a drop, so I decided to tame it up. I then decided to build a raft, I built a stone box base on top of it, and got it all outfitted with fireplace, storage, the works. I figured I would just travel around harvesting pearls and oil. With the new shark on follow and my Argy sitting on top of the raft ceiling, I take off looking for pearls. Finally find some (it was raining and storming NON-STOP) and I take the shark down to the bottom to harvest pearls.  Since this is Prim Plus, I have no Scuba gear, so I am limited in how long I can be under water. We are returning to the surface, when I see bright yellow damage indicators ... That's when I see it and Alpha Leeds is destroying the raft/base  that I had spent over an hour grinding out to make. I had no idea Leeds spawned in "lakes" I thought only oceans. Needless to say, I was crushed to see my raft get destroyed and my time wasted. I use my shark to eventually get my revenge and kill the Leeds. We then scurry to the nearest shore, as I need to unload some of the stuff as my shark is getting over weight. SO I am quickly building a storage rack, when I hear the fight music, and I turn around to see My shark is in battle against 5, yes 5 sharks including an Alpha shark, plus at least 1/2 dozen mantas.  There was nothing in sight when I parked him on the beach edge, but apparently they found him.

You all know how it ended. "He Dead!" I eventually managed to recapture the saddle from his body bag.

I then spent the next hour grinding out 6 dino gates and 1 behemoth gate to build a water pen. I then kited  the closest shark into it, and tamed him up. While he tamed, I get attacked by that gang of sharks again plus another Leeds.   The Alpha shark is damaging the stone gates, so I have no choice but to swim out and try to kill him. But each time I get close, Mantas attack me. 

I decide to just start tranq darting every shark including the alpha, and eventually I KO 4 sharks and the Alpha swims away with the Leeds. Iended up taming all of the other Sharks but lost when is woke up, and aggrod the alpha. the rest I was able to get safely into the water pen, where I hope they can be safe until I can make them some saddles and level them up, and then kill the Alpha.

With 500+ pearls and some obsidian as well, I take my Argy back to the main base. But on the way back, I spot an event red Bary near the edge of the floating Island waterfall. I kite it into the rocks, where it gets stuck, and I proceed to tame it up. Grabbed him with the Argy and flew back to base, where I called it a night.

This weekend, I will make up saddles and start clearing out the water to get all the pearls.  These default rates, really makes it scary, as my dinos are not OP, and so I have to be careful in every battle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Abberration

Didnt tame much in the last 2 weeks. 2 Otter which had event green. Tamed 5 Achatina for the Paste. From Level 20 to 90 i get everything i could. Hooked them up with the grappling hook and brought them on the Rock Drake to the Base. Tamed them easily there. But on Sunday it was finally the Day for Breeding. My kid had time to help, so i dropped 29 Ankylo eggs. Should have thought of not dropping 5 eggs at a time which breed in the same Second. We lost 2 Ankylos through starvation. Cause my kid wanted to arrange all Ankylos so we can feed them in a round. But he forget to feed them and was very slow with arranging them. I was to busy to caught them after breeding. 2 Ankylos i let starve cause no Color Mutation and not the 451 Melee like the Rest. But oh Boy, i did it. I get the Color Mutation i want. I got a Male and a Female with Red Body and shiny Green Horns. Got another Mutation with Bright Green Horns. Got the Opposite, red Horns with Green Body. One who is almost black with Greeen shiny Horns. And some other Mutations. I will make many Eggs of the 2 with the shiny horns.

This week i found some people on the Island who do often the Bosses there. I missed the Tek Generator cause i died at Ragnarok Fight after beating the Dragon. It was funny, they thought i need a few more minutes and wanted to beat Alpha Ape before i arrive and do the fight with me again. But i was there. They blocked the Entrance of Red OB with a Dragon. I was there on feet as the teleportation started. Cause i was not in their tribe i couldnt use any of their Dinosaurs. So i stood at the Edge and tried to not get hit by a Stone. But they had very good Rexes and the Boss was down in 2 Minutes. I did nothing but now i have unlocked  the Tek Generator.

I crafted enough Element in the Last 2 Weeks to build a Clone Chamber and a Generator. Got almost crazy as the only place where the Chamber could be placed was the top ceiling of my Breeding House. It took me over 3 hours and all my nerves to place 2 Elevators. One replaced the wooden Aberration Variant to Enter Breeding House. The Next one goes from breeding floor to the Top and the Cloning Chamber. Placing the Elevator track is something I want do again in the future.

PS_Messages_20181024_084937.jpg

PS_Messages_20181025_224948.jpg

PS_Messages_20181025_224925.jpg

PS_Messages_20181025_224930.jpg

• Like 2

Well, after getting a set of boss rexes and saddles made, I started to do the Manticore on SE. Did Gamma a few times, Beta once (only took 5 minutes) and started doing Alpha. Did 4 of them just fine then on the 5th one (about an hour ago) boss wouldn't land and the fight timed out. So now wondering if it's even worth it to do this boss since it's clearly still bugged. Maybe it time to focus on Otter breeding lol.

Single Player - Aberration

Managed to get my second base set up close to the Blue Zone entrance, it's not quite complete but it's got most of the essentials in and I'll close off the pen for the Spino's to stay in shortly. There are more nasties here - including Drakes wondering in every now and again. Did find a couple more shinehorns - all really low levels until I finally got one at 68. The search continues for better goats. I also got a gas collector set up not to far from the second base. Eventually gave up on gathering red gems conventionally but went around waiting for roll rats to dig them up. Bit of a process  but it worked. Now I just need to sort out out my obsidian gathering and I can get the hazmat suit. 

My Ravager breeding continues, I'm busy trying to consolidate the stats into a male and female pair - was almost there, had the female just needed the male. Then on one of my runs between the two bases I tamed a pair of Ravagers who have higher stats on 3 separate things and these are all over 30. So, back to frantically breeding. If I can just get a male with these three stats then I can probably get it all combines fairly quickly. Bred the Spino's and got a disappointing female offspring, but I may level her then use her at the second base since she is disposable. Bulb dog breeding is also progressing but it's infuriatingly slow and I seem to be getting a high number of mutations, which I don't want. On the up side I have a whole group of 'Explorer' dogs who are all disposable. The otters are still in a state of chaos. 

I have not found a single Megalo over 50 since that first level 80 I tamed, have slaughtered close to 20 now? Also had a max level alert from the bulbdog down in the blue but not near the water - first thought is that it is probably a Rock Drake. No Rock Drakes … check every other critter I see,  nothing. I spot a achatina - surely not - spyglass, perfect 120 and bright red body. Had a good laugh, will go back to try and tame it. Also found a girlfriend for Alfred but she's at the second base and he is at the first. Time will tell if these two will meet. 

Plan now is to get the harvesters at the second base, Anky, Doedic, Rollrat and a Bear to start. I may add a Trike if thatch becomes an issue. I've got 8 Ravagers ready to go and the bred Spino female will go live there once she levels a bit as protection. Also have a Paracer there (another one stomping all around the base), was a 108, so fairly decent. Aim is a hazard suit so I can go harvest red gems to get the drake saddle - eventually. First thing is to get a steady stream of Obsidian and continue expansion of second base. 

It's unlikely that I will have much playtime during the next two weeks, so progress may be a bit slow. 

20181027210747_1.jpg

• Like 2