So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Aberration.

Quick one tonight. Started of by breeding for my desired blue/black glowtails. Got half way there, got the stats and some of the colours onto a female. All I need to do now is breed the new female with the blue and good stats with the black/green breeding male to get the one colour region I need.

Quickly hoped onto Aberration to see if it was 90% night. Was lucky and it was the final full 90% night of the cycle so I went for a surface loot run on my drake. Didnt get any drake bps at all which I am ultimatly looking for, but at least I got a MC hazard leggings and an asc hazard helmet, would of rather the bps for those but never mind. I did kill my first reaper king a lowly level 5 I felt confortable taking on, so I was happy about that lol It really is scary up there, the suspense is real I absolutely love it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Aushegun said:

The Wiki showed a few oil nodes in the bay of the Tropical Island South on the far east side of the map. (This is the island I spawned on, and am currently based on)

But after venturing into that bay 3-4 times, I've yet to see an Oil node.  I have not swum all the way across it, due to sharks. But I have explored the bay from many sides with no luck.

The bay behind the blue obelisk east of the map? There are definitely NO oil nodes in that bay - the same Bay we setup on.

There are plenty on the ocean floor south of the bay but they're all deep - few in Basil safety depth but most are scattered at Mosa depth where Basils take depth damage over time.  Definitely gonna nee a water dino to take advantage of these and LOTS of sillica pearls down there too.

• Thanks 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok.

Finally completed the glowtail breeding. Got two breeding pairs with the colours I wanted. A green/black pair and also a pair with the blue body colour mixed in. Culled all the spare and left over glowtails from the breeding effort

Threw down another fridge full of aberant megalo eggs but no luck on the health and melee front so I culled the lot.

• Like 1

I gotta say, you guys make my nights much easier to bear.  I work the midnight shift in a jail.  Every night I plop down and read this thread.  I really appreciate you guys/gals taking the time to tell your stories.  A lot of you are very entertaining.

That said, to make this post comply with the thread topic; I'm on an UO Xbox cluster. My main goal the last few days has been to find Alpha Mosas and squids on the Island to get their boss battle bounty.  I've been circling the Island on my 450 Basil (300 max level wilds) killing everything to no avail.  Plenty of Alpha Leeds but none of what I need for Alpha Tek Cave. I really hate being in the water too so it's been torture.  I guess I'll keep searching..

• Like 2

Xbox - Unofficial Cluster - Ragnarok.

Needed to find out my server version for an enquiry so I hopped on to find that out but felt compelled to do some base maintenance since I haven’t been on for a few weeks.

Fortunately, tamed dinos starve 10x slower than the default rate so I only need to worry about the fast consumers i.e. Quetzals, Gigas, and Daedons but they still had plenty of kibble on them from the last time.

While I was inspecting my dinos for a feeding, I collected a load of poop because my greenhouse was dying but wasn’t too much of an issue because I still had a bit of fertiliser left.

Having 10 Achatina helps tremendously when hoarding paste so I made sure to collect some from them before logging out.

• Like 2

Single player - Aberration 

I had more time to play this week, which was nice. Got quite a bit of breeding done. The ravager line is progressing well, I finally got all my best stats into one line and lucked out with twins, male and female, but my HP was dismal (17 the highest). While doing a run down into the blue I came across a pack worthy of being tamed (I'm only doing 90+ now) and one of those tamed out with 29 points into HP - Happy Days! Now I'm working on getting that into the line. It is very funny how happy I am with this since on Rag I was not interested in anything without 35+ points into whichever stat I was after. Felt like I won the lotto with this HP

Also busy working on the bears, doedics, bulb dogs and otters … omg I have a serious otter problem. I have immersive taming and I keep taming every otter I find. It's a disaster, but they are just so darn cute. Also found a lone shinehorn - he is the most ridiculous shade of green and low level but it is my first little goat and I love him. Search is on for more of his friends. Tried taming another two Spino's, one was a beautiful blue 120. Unfortunately I seem to be cursed with these at the moment and he went down to a raptor of all things, the second 110 female I tried to tame got killed by my own spino when a pack of ravagers attacked us. Decided to just not bother with Spinos for now. Found one Megalosaur to tame, only one I've seen over level 50. Loving going out with this.

Finally got a saddle for the crab and tamed an anky. The combination of these two have made my metal collecting much more efficient and fun. Will have to find a better Anky but have not seen any decent ones yet. The current one was a 60 pre tame, so not great but I desperately needed one - and it is a pretty green colour combo. I did also tame a Rock Drake (you can do this with Immersive taming) - I saw it hanging around one of the pathways I wanted to take down into the blue which meant I kept avoiding that area, 108 pre tame. You need a rock drake feather trophy to make the bait to tame them so I had to find another drake to kill first. Lucked out with a level 8 on my regular path. Took my best Spino to go battle the one I wanted to tame. It gave the spino a good go but she's a bit of a tank so we managed - it also has a nice combination of green colouring. No saddle yet but I'm very excited about having my first drake. 

Also managed to get the base a bit more organised and the greenhouse is up and running with a dung beetle. I also tamed my first Ape, his name is Alfred and he is the butler. Oh, and I tamed a paracer which was stomping around the base and driving me absolutely nuts. Also tamed a couple of fantastically coloured ravagers today for breeding with later on. 

Plan for this week is to get a start on little base set up closer to the blue so I don't have to commute so much while gathering resources and to find the red gems - I'm hoping my new Bulbdogs will work better down there. Have had several run ins with nameless, also need to finish the main base area and find a better Anky and more Megalos and goats … I want all the goats! 

20181021203041_1.jpg

• Like 3

Unofficial ragnarok-

Had a interesting couple of days , finished raising my triplets 3 tuxedo Black wyverns at lvl 300 , ones already up for trade but I kept the brothers ( James bond and John wick lol) and they are absolute monsters! Great for alpha hunting which in my server gives crazy loot!

Went rex hunting again after scoping 12 females I found 2 males one was poop but one was 220 with kibble I can almost perfect tame him making a 90% at 320 hes gonna make some pretty babies with my blood red queen rex 

Went allo hunting but couldn't find any good levels , found the spino spawn in rag , beautiful place too . Found a event black and blue at level 240 , and a pink Male rex surprised me while taming and John wick killed him he was 240 woulda made a great tame , aaaannnd the spino was a swimmer he wouldn't get outta the water and i accidentally drowned him in some serious river ..sorry homie 

The admin on my server wants to trade me a baby bear that I can imprint myself for one of my wyverns that's gonna be a good time lol I have the worst luck taming bears so raising one will be a nice change 

• Like 1

So this weekend was pretty much a write off. Tribemembers logged on late (5hrs time difference) so I went to bed by the time they got on. 

Also installed Arma2 Dayz, Origins mod... bad idea. Lost 2 hrs of my gaming night getting fully involved in that again.

So, finally logged in, capped, harvested metal, fed up some beasts, scouted around for a max Tek Raptor... didnt see one. Logged off.

This week, I will continue the hunt for the elusive max lvl Tek Raptor - hopefully in red/yellow colour scheme and I will probably farm metal and crystal so we can extend out over our cliff as the newly laid cliff foundations have possibly given us another 4-5 tiles extra length which we never thought possible. Its using a lot of metal but have always wanted the cliff base a little bigger so we can hold a few more things up there... but will definitely have to evolve our Spino barn into a full on clone chamber/breeding facility because our current breeding facility can only raise 3 Rexes at once.

Oh well, it gives me something to do, and should allow me a little spare time to kill some zeds too :)

• Like 1

PS4 - The Center - Prim Plus - Single Player

Spent a lot of time with my new Prim Plus character on The Center. Default rates, so it is slow and grindy, but with all the new Prim Plus Engrams, it is still fun.

Saturday, I was back at the base, and built a lumber house on the beach. Looks good, and I built a nice back porch right onto the water. I also built up a stone pen around my original thatch & wood pen, to house the Parasaur and the dodos, since the Rex killed my Trikes and Iggy earlier in the week. That pretty much took all of Friday night.

Saturday  I went out and tamed a Poop pig as I want to try growing these different types of crops. While I was out gathering narco berries with the parasaur, I was shocked when a Tapejara landed quite close to me. Not sure how it didn't see me, but I quickly bola'd and tranq'd it!  I then had to run back to base, where I had some meat and some spareribs in my preserving bin.

I managed to get the Tapejara tamed up at about 92% TE and he stood up at level 65. I had him follow me back to base, as I was only around level 35, and the saddle comes at level 50+. I also tamed a level 41 Ptera, which was the 2nd highest level I had seen thus far.

I tamed up another trike, and used him to haul iron and carbon along with wood, as I continued to built new crafting stations available and try to flesh out my base better.

(I binged ARK on Sunday) Finally Sunday morning, I was able to build a saddle for the Tapejara, and as I was taking him on his first flight, I noticed a Low level Quetz flying right above the blue OB near my base. So I grabbed 50 Tranq arrows and off we went  to tame it. ................. Well after a chase that took us towards the Lava island, and then back over the beaver ponds in the center of the map; I had to stop and make more arrows. Thankfully I had extra Narcotics with me. So I set off again after the Quetz. Soon I was within just a few arrows of dropping it. At least I should have been,m as I must have hit it with over 35 of the 70+ arrows I shot at it.  When I noticed I landed again to make up some more arrows. While grabbing some resources from a cliff top, I was attacked by some Ants, and as my Tapejara tried to fight them off, I somehow got knocked off the cliff. You guess it, I died; and far far away from my base!

I spawn back at the base, and after making another crossbow, tranqs and bolas, I set out on the Ptera.  But there was a problem. I respawned so quickly, I failed to notice exactly where on the map I had actually died. So I spent the next 30 plus minutes looking for my body and my tapejara.

FINALLY, I find my corpse beacon, and get my stuff. But I cannot see my Tapejara. Another 10 minutes of searching, and finally find him on the complete other side of the cliff, sitting on a ledge halfway up.  While gathering my wits a bit, I notice that this spot has a TON of metal nodes as well as tree and bushes. It actually seems like a great base spot, as just down the cliff on one side it a beaver pond, and a river is on the other side.

So I began making base #2 ...............

Base #2 recap

Building base..... then a Tickle Chicken spawns in near base .... kite it off the edge with Tapejara, then decide to pilfer a locale beaver dam. Successfully do that, and fly back up to ledge base to continue harvest resources to make Stone Dino gates to block off base safely. Needing help carrying the supplies, I tame a Parasaur and Poop Pig that were near the base.

Out collecting more resources with just the tapejara, when suddenly I get a death message... my Ptera has been killed. Then the parasaur, then the poop pig!

I race back to see that an Argent is destroying everything!  I start to attack him with my crossbow and tranqs, but it kills me before I knock it out. Since I am right at base, I quickly respawn, but he kills me before I can even grab my body bag. Spawn AGAIN hoping to save my last dino the Tapejara.  Strangely, the Argent is nowhere to get seen.  I quickly use the resources I had stored on my now dead dinos, to upgrade my base from thatch and wood to stone.  It is a small base, and I am am to make a stone ceiling ... car port sort of thing on one end, to hide my tapejara in.

Then we take off looking for another para and poop pig. Right next to the beaver pond is a Doed and a couple ankies.  I KO the Doed and the best Anky, and start flying back to base, to make saddles and grab mejo berries. ON the way back, I notice a dead Argy laying at the bottom of the cliff. I was going to harvest it for the meat, but when I get closer, I realize it is NOT dead, but instead KO'd.  This must have been the one that attacked me at the base. I quickly re-route looking for prime meat, and kill a Stego. I fly over to the Argent, and Boom it stands up as soon as I feed the prime. Its torpor was nearly over, so I really lucked out!

I get the argent back to base, but I am not high level yet to saddle it. I make saddles for the Doed and Anky and fly back to them with Mejos.

***** now switching to Cliff notes version ****

- Anky & Doed get killed by Hyenas when around 90% tamed

- Fly around and find another Doed and Anky, KO them, and restart process

- Reach level 62 - made saddle, and switch to Argent

- Tickle Chicken attacks us while checking on Anky. Try battling it with Argent, but out of stam and can't fly  away.  I die, Argent dies.

- Respawn at base, realize I had no idea where I was when I died. Spent an eternity looking for body. Finally find it, but no Anky. Assume it dead too.

-Get attacked back at base my another Argent. KO it, tame it...... Get it killed when Hyenas attack us while resting for more stam. I die too

- Take tapejara and find Doed has tamed up. Use it to harvest stone, and make trap near base to catch Argies and also use to tame other dinos dropped into it.

- Go back to get more stone, and can no longer find Doed ... no death message, but he has disappeared! However, it is totally possible I am in the wrong spot, as this whole area looks the same, and the trees keep respawning. While looking for the doed, I am attacked my another Argy,  but it flies away and I lost sight of it, as I was getting back on the Tapejara. 

Flying back to base and kite different  Argy into the new trap, but it gets sidetracked and gets stuck in my base carport.  So I KO it there. I have another Argy!! Take Argy out to look for Doed..... find tamed Anky that I thought was dead.

Flying it back to base, and I have to land for stam. While waiting, I hear snoring .... look behind me, there is the Argy KO'd..... what are the ODDS!?  Two different Argies fly away, but then fall KO'd and I find them both, even though I never saw them fall.

Get the Argy back to camp along with the Anky.

Go to bed WAAAAY too late.  But I now have at the new base 2 Argies, 1 Tapejara, 1 Anky, 1 Poop Pig, 1 Ptera, and somewhere in the woods nearby is a tamed Doed.

I should be in good shape going forward.  But man...what a long day, and so many deaths!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I hear ya!  Being underwater in ARK always gives me the willies!  I'm not afraid of water in real life, but in ARK I am always freaking out. Grrrrrrrrr

It's odd - I have no issues with water IRL or in ARK however when I first started playing ARK I found myself edging my chair back away from the desk when trying to tame my first shark as it approached to bite me.  My wife found it highly amusing watching me back away from a game shark IRL reassuring me "Its a game, it can't actually get ya!"

Anyway - ARK.  I didn't do much last night.  Logged into our Ragnarok server, filled some troughs and went into spectate mode to survey they map and work out scales for my own map.  I failed miserably with my own and reached the terrain level height restriction whilst attempting to shape out my volcano.

Thought maybe the best bet would be to see how they manage the various heights in Ragnarok - ie. the Canyon and Volcano.  Turns out my volcano isn't much bigger than that of Ragnarok.. and the canyons of Ragnarok are nothing but rocks over a flat-ish landscape to get the varying heights.

Will take what I learned last night and re-visit my map design this evening after work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JuicyPineappl3 said:

tamed replacement ptera and accidentally fed myself 10 narcotics instead of the ptera and because of this fell asleep for what felt like years.

At least I'm not the only one lol

Unofficial ragnarok 

Kinda a rough day , went bear hunting again and idk why I dont just bring some dino gates a protecc my bear while taming because once again my plan was screwed up by wild dino lol. First a tek rex so I lost some levels , then 2 sets of scorpions..now hes at 12% and not much life left so I can restart the bear . So I roasted it lol

Messed around with spinos for a bit, didnt like any of the levels saw a few gorgeous ones but trash levels , so I dino wiped the area cause john wick was hungry 

Then went allo hunting,  found the most beautiful female allo , orange red and purple such a sick combo.  But a raptor tried to catch me on the slip I bolad her just in time,  usually a raptor only takes a few tranqs so a bola works fine....unless it's a level 240 , homegirl tried to swim on me . Had to lure her on water by walking on foot waiting for bola #2 she fell for it and I kibble tamed her at 98% making her 340 , my second strongest raptor now , back to ms allo she been starving this whole time, so when I filled her up with primes she bounced to 80% in a minute, brought her home at 321 

Now my allo breeding has begun lol

• Like 1

Xbox - Single Player - The Island

Decided I needed a change of pace on Ark the past few days from the breeding and the grinding on the online server of Rag and Aberration, so I wiped and started again on single player. Wamted to experience the island again.

So I spawned in on the south eastern shores (funnily enough where I first ever started) and ground up the levels till I hit the raft engram. Wanted to get out to Herb Island to work up to a few teirs including getting to metal tools. Took the raft and made a beeline for the island. Predictably a leeds targeted me but it somehow missed its one chance and I got to the Island. The rafts stuck there now as theres a leeds and an alpha leeds hanging around lol.

So I threw down a base, tamed up a parasaur and trike and worked on getting narcs and metal tools together. Eventually tamed up a pterandon and got a saddle on it. Funny story, killed an anky for keratin l and I turned round to fin my self face to face with a unicorn stuck between two rocks. Need to come back for that at some point. Also tek parasaurs everywhere, thought they were supposed to be rare, common as muck lol

Took the ptera out on a scouting mission for a good base location. I am so indecisive about these things, so spent ages convincing myself about different areas to settle down in. Eventually settle down on the west coast ontop of one of the main hills overlooking towards the north and blue ob. Got a 3x3 base down and kitted out the essentials. Had to do a metal run on the ptera for metal for a new smithy and a supppy of metal to keep my equipment topped up. Tamed up a new trike and a couple of dilos including an event blue one, for the new base. Not getting the dinos I tamed up on herb island to the new location anytime soon, with the leeds hanging around and no ability to upload and download at beacons.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Unofficial ragnarok,  

Was a pretty quiet night,  made a few trades and stocked up on ammo and tranq . Lined up 2 more trades for a mutated thyla and a Griffin that'll be sick

Then I found where megalania spawn, man they're jerks ! Either they die cause of the low health but once you do put em out the torpor drain is absolutely ridiculous and it took soooo much narco . But I named him ralphie and hes at lvl 355 , using ralphie to tranq rexies from the side of a cliff is gonna be fun lol