So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

2 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

BOLAS MANNN!!! They help sooo much early game PvP and PvE. From dimorphs to raptors and sabers.

I don’t even have a bed down yet, I literally have no hide lol. The character is very fresh.

I always locat a spot to build first before gathering mats, but thinks for the tip. I use bolas so infrequently that I often forget about them.

Finally at a place with better wifi so i can make use of my 4000 narco lol

I need a new location though another alpha moved on my beach now its 4 huge bases within a small stretch , it gets laaaaaaggy scoped out a new spot away from people might set it up as my water base . But now people are in my ear about custom servers where it doesn't take 4 days to raise a boss rex and I might just switch over but that means abandoning my dinos and idk about that 

I caught a really nice looking event green daeodon I forgot how much they eat though it's crazy,  now I need a high level pig for boss runs 

Bred a boss rex the other day but only made 20% imprint cause I'm always at work and I only get on at wierd times of the night she turned out albino like the dad though and not mut green like her mom maybe the next will be cooler 

• Like 3

I finally went on a Ragnarok arena raid and got both of the bosses killed. I can now use a lot of tek stuff. In the past week I have also done Rockwell and Tek Cave, putting me the most advanced out of all my tribe and most of my server. I made a transmitter, and now I can trade easier.

I also bred Shinehorns today and got a first generation mutation which is a red stripe down the back.

aN7IuKP.jpg

• Like 4

Aberration

Once again i had no time to breed the Ankylos. But for the first time in 4 Months now i tamed Megalosaurus. Saw a 140 Megalo, used a trap from another player at the Lake at the Blue Biome. Then a Level 80 in Green. After taming the 80Green i found another Green but Level 150. Tamed her too. I used the Trap at the Lake for a male 140 Baryonix. Now i can make a few Baryonix eggs, i want to use them on the Island for Cave Runs.

A Tribe from Aberration invited me to a Boss Fight on Ragnarok. We killed the Alpha Dragon easily, but as we fought the Manticore my Gasmask broke as i fought him Eye to Eye, i was dead in 2 Seconds from there. So i have now unlocked the transmitter, clone chamber and Teleporter. But not the Generator or Troughs. So i need Beta Monkey or Gamma Manticore in the next time. I crafted about 60 Element these week. Thinking about building first the Transmitter and after it the Tek Replicator. Transmitter is more use for me at the Moment on Aberration. So i must not search for Drops to transfer. And i can craft the Transmitter on a Replicator of other Tribes. Solo Element producing is not the fastet. But i can get 15 Element in 15 Minutes or so. Not the worst for me. And i have something to do in the next weeks. The Red Ore and Element Ore farming will be slow enough within the Week on 1x farming. Maybe i take one of my Rock Drakes and give him 1500 Stamina and the Rest on Weight. Unluckily I cannot let the charge batteries reload. Some players like to steal them. Lost 10 2 days and today 20. 

PS_Messages_20181010_175338.jpg

PS_Messages_20181010_175352.jpg

PS_Messages_20181010_175341.jpg

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Started of by exploring blue zone on my drake in the search of the Hidden Grotto in preparation for attempting to retreive the Artifact of the Shadows, its the only artifact I need to complete the trio on Aberation.. Eventually found the entrance. Thinking of breeding up some ravagers inside the cave to make it to the artifacf, its going to be great 'fun' getting a breeding pair to the entrance to the grotto never mind actually getting them down the water collum to the actual cave. Definitely not something I am doing anytime soon, alot more preparation needed.

Then went back on the hunt for a high level male glowtail in the old railway cave, to go with my female. Lucked out on the first try and found a 145 and 130 male right next to each other. The 145 is a cracking male with a black body with green and neon green markings. Tamed both and got them back to base. On the second trip back to base I took a detour by my favourite place to look for basilisks on a whim. Found a 135 female basilisk so rushed back to base to grab some drake eggs to tame it up. So I tamed up my first ever basilisk, taming effectiveness took a hit as I could not keep it from burrying itself once, so it came out 175. Now I just need to hit level 85 for the saddle, just 2 levels short.

Bred up some shinehorns. Also tried to breed the glowtails together but for some reason they wouldnt mate. Checked everything they really should have mated, maybe more luck tommorow. Then went on the hunt for high level featherlights in red zone with my drake. No real luck all low levels apart from a 145 which I accidentally killed while attempting to defend it from an aggroed wild megalosaur. I wasnt impressed.... so retreated back to base for the night.

• Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Just a quick one tonight. Went back into the Elemental Vault for another Artifact of the Stalker on my drake. Carefully worked my through all the seakers towards the Artifact. Always forget how much seekers hurt especially when they swarm you. Just before the artifact I found a 150 female Featherlight which I would return for later. Grabbed the artifact and returned to base, rekitted out and grabbed a disposable bulbdog and some Z seeds. 

Returned to the Elemental Vault. Again lured and killed all the seekers I could, working my way back to the artifact. Got back to the level 150 featherlight I fould earlier, carefully killing all the nastys around it and tamed up the bird. Sacrificed the bulbdog to the Ark Gods, there was no way I was attempting a rescue mission for it. Grabbed the artifact again and returned back to base.

• Like 3

Xbox-unofficial 

I been on a slightly boosted server the past few days , it took a bit of getting used too like how the general most of wild dinos are around 100-200 , crafting is a bit boosted too so my walls went up in a night and built a nice house in a few hours 

First tame was a ptera and a trike at the same time , perfect starters and were around lvl 40 each so they took around 30 mins each , that seemed reasonable, then was gifted a 180 allo hes gonna help alot, but it's like the mafia I owe the aussies a favour now lmao

Then found a lvl 200 event hyena,  passive taming is kinda tense lol

Tried to tame a lvl 240 megalo but it kept waking up night so I got mad and ate him lol, found a lower level to make myself happy though 

I actually love this new server , still gotta work for things but it's not gonna take a year to raise a boss rex army , and ragnarok is f'n beautiful 

• Like 2

I tried coming back to ark and grind out, but again ark shows me this game is trash. I tamed a 145 equus had it for 3 nights and when I  decide to leave the area im In and try and go to the  desert of rangnorock. A micro raptor knocks me of my tame on front of red on holds  me there for some dumbass reason I cant move and 4 terror birds kill me and my 209 tame with ease. That's how my day is

1 hour ago, Arksfittest420 said:

I tried coming back to ark and grind out, but again ark shows me this game is trash. I tamed a 145 equus had it for 3 nights and when I  decide to leave the area im In and try and go to the  desert of rangnorock. A micro raptor knocks me of my tame on front of red on holds  me there for some dumbass reason I cant move and 4 terror birds kill me and my 209 tame with ease. That's how my day is

umm... it's ARK. And microraptors are jerks with their dismount and stun effect. Yes the effect is intended. If this is official i feel kinda bad for you, since Equus takes quiet a bit of sitting there pressing E. If it's unoffical and boosted, tame another lol. EZ

• Like 1

Single Player - Aberration 

Since my last post I have been attempting to find a route to the blue zone through the landscape without having to use ziplines (in case I find something down there I want to bring back) but kept on getting distracted by things. A karkino spawned a bit close to base, level 80, sorted myself out and tamed it - yay! Except I have not gotten the saddle sorted yet so it's just a big ornament/protection detail at the moment.

Then ran into a 88 Spino female while scouting for the route, rushed back to base and tamed it - I get them close to base and I need something to deal with them and the piranha, it's a pain to have to lure them way onto land to kill them with a mass of Ravagers. Took her back to base and resumed scouting, I have been searching for a Roll Rat (desperately) but could not find anything over level 50, finally found one at 112! Rush back to base, get supplies tame the bugger, get it back home and take it for a spin. It's like driving a slow bus but I can finally stop worrying about my wood supply! 

I also found a pack of the best ravagers I've encountered so far while going for a metal run, 90 and 80. Been breeding them and now have a base pair with all my best stats combined, still not great but better than what I have at the moment. While once again searching for the route down I spot yet another spino (there seems to be an abundance of them) - 110 Male. Went about taming him. Very happy with the pair and my oil problems seem to be mostly solved with them chomping through trilobites by the masses. 

Also tamed a 110 Dire Bear male, 116 Trike Male and 144 Tek Raptor who wondered close to base. Finally found a 120 Bulbdog, which will help my line there. Also got completely carried away with the base expansion … chaos. Still need to place everything back down but I'm not done working out exactly where all the bits should go and I'm out of time for now. Will deal with it later.

I'll have to start culling critters soon, and get my greenhouse up, and find an Anky, and get the Crab a saddle … and and and … 

• Like 2

This weekend went quickly, not spending the same amount of hrs on ARK as I used to but still getting things done. 

Went out and farmed metal and CP for 800 Metal walls so we could trade for a pair of Reaper Kings (205 and 225 I believe).

Ran Gamma Brood and Ape for some element and then went with the tribemate to farm some more artifacts - think it was pack or hunter (green one). Both in the underworld cave on Thylas and used the zipline up to the artifact and back down whilst tribemate picked his way up and down :) Stored as many artiftacts as could hold on each of our otters.

On returning up the hill in the cave - right next to bats, my tribemate just fell off his Thyla and was no longer on discord. I waited 15 mins, no sign of return so I returned my Thyla, gear and Otter to base. Luckily I had put down a bag in the cave so spawned in naked, ran to where my tribemate lay and took his gear, Otter adn Thyla. Returned home, logged off and left him a steam message telling him to enjoy his naked run home - if he can make it away from the Bats. 

Needless to say, he jumped to his death - slacker!

• Like 2

PS4 - Nitrado Server & Single Player - Ragnarok

I didn't play as much as a normal weekend, but when I did, I spent most of my time moving dinos from the Nitrado server, to my base in my single player game for safe keeping.

I then added the new egg layers to my Egg barn, and moved the mammals to the their own pen.  To try an reduce lag, I've tried to built the mammal pen and egg barn just slightly out of render from each other.

The egg barn filled up quickly, as I only built it with a single level and no roof at the beginning to reduce lag.  I ended up adding a shelf (using ceiling and angled roof) across one side, to perch my flyers on. Everyone on the lower level is on ramps, so around 90% of the eggs just roll down the ramps to the floor.  I'm hoping the flyer perch will work the same way.  Sure makes the egg collecting easier!

I also built a larger water pen in Viking Bay to house the majority of my water dinos, including some color event dinos I have transferred over from the server.

I also managed to tame a level 150 Neon green female Terror Bird, and a level 150 Dark Green with light green Anky female.

My current plan, is to move any not essential dino (but wanting to keep for breeding or because of color) to my single player game.  I will leave a few high level Anky/Doed/Ptera/Argy on the server, along with Rexs, Yuty and Pig to build up and do Boss fights.

I will also transfer some boss rex eggs to my single player.  

I also spent a little time with my character on the Island with the close to default settings.  Spent the majority of the time grinding to build up some foundations and walls to house the dinos in. I took my only shark out to gather oil, and he ran out of stamina down deep, and I started drowning. So I quick tranferred everything to the shark, and then died.  I spawned back at the base, took my Spino (was a level 4 pre-tame, so he is used only for fish gathering) as close to the shark, and then used a spyglass to whistle him to me.  Thankfully he seemed ok, but when I checked his inventory, he had shark teeth, so he must have battled while I was re-spawning back at camp. Glad he made it out alive, as he is a low level too.

It was a long grind, but I now have two small stone buildings with 2 high walls and a dino gate in each one.  I also built a Fabricator and new smithy, and 2 smelters in one of them.  I then added a generator and 3 AC units.  This allowed me to hatch out my two eggs from my best Argies, but the stats were mostly from the lowever parent on both. But I did get a decent % of imprinting on them which should help. I also tamed a level 51 Doed, which is the highest level dino I've seen on the entire map, and I bred it to my other one. I got twins that got the higher stats and cool blue look like their mom.  Got them about 65% imprinted, then they wanted kibble I didn't have.  But they still should end up better than their parents, and help in expanding the base. 

The question now is ... do I want to continue to build at the end of this peninsula? OR  build a new base in a more central map location?  I don't have enough warriors to move to the Redwoods yet, as the trip thru the swamp would most likely kill many of the resource dinos. I'll have to figure it out soon. BUt in the mean time I can at least grind out building parts to use at the new location.

• Like 2

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration and Ragnarok 

Did a bit of megalo and glowtail breeding today. Trying to get some health or even melee mutations onto my aberant megalosaurus for a potential boss run at some point. Hatched up a bunch but had difficulty culling the rejects. Transfered beeding operations across to Ragnarok for access to a lightning wyvern. Hatched up more megalos and didnt get a single mutation tll the last egg. Wasnt a useful mutation so I culled it despite the cool colour. Kept a few females to help breeding. Hatched up some glowtails and lucked out with a charge capacity mutation on the first egg. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Unofficial ragnarok 

Still cant get over the map tbh found myself flying around checkin stuff out again lots ( the island got boring quick) had a pretty dicey moment though, parked my ptera and was sniping out some allos all around lvl 100 ( yes I know use a pen but I like to do things the hard way lol ) then a jerk of a argy killed pterry crewes,  which distracted the allos which I thought was a good idea cause they agrod on each other , but while all that happened I got ambushed by a rex and had to jump off the cliff hoping the allos didnt see me , two died in the argy fight 

On my way running home a beautiful green lvl 200 green raptor tried to gank me so I bolad him and started taming filled up all the meat I had left,  homie asked if I was home and was waiting for me with a event green ice wyvern ( still need a name for the big guy) its levels and stats weren't up to his standards but figured it would help me lmao love those aussies man.

And with the wyverns help brought home the Raptor and quickly grabbed another high level allo before getting homie in trouble barely got him home lol allos get serious 

• Like 1

PS4 - NItrado server - Ragnarok

Between watching football and hockey last night, I also played for a couple hours. Spent most of the time doing meat runs and beaver dam farming on my Wyvern.

Was also hoping to find a few last event color high level dinos to tame.  I did find a 150 Green Anky, but I already have one, and so I didn't bother.

Everything else was really low level, including a beautiful neon green and white Ptera that was only level 15.

After checking on my ravager breeding pens, (and getting a black bodied mutation) I went out for one last flight, and along the shore to the east of Viking Bay, I found a Level 174 Male Tek Stego in event Red! Most readers here will remember my Tek Stego addiction, and the fact that this was a 174 and in my favorite red, made it a no-brainer that I had to tame it. Since I was on Ghost  Pepper my Fire Wyvern, I just picked up the Stego and flew him to a taming area I have built in Viking Bay south end.  He tamed out at 260, and I flew him to my Big Butte base in the near the bridge over the canyons, and logged off for the night.

Tonight, I will probably try to upload more of the dinos that I want to transfer to my single player game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wheelmeat08 said:

I logged in, went to go tame a Griffin and someone built a raft and capped the server and half way through my tame it said " to many dinos have been tamed on ark. Booooo......

A work around for a tame capped server, if you find something you have to have, and you have a dino you're willing to cull/kill to get this one.

Knock said creature out, keep it unconscious, don't put food in inventory. Use the dododex starve timer to tell you when its food value has dropped enough that it will consume all food to tame it up.

Kill your extra dino to make room on the server for this new one, as soon as the "too many dinos" changes to "put food in inventory" , put the food in now and watch it tame up. If someone else is doing the same thing at the same time on the server you may have to kill another useless dino you have laying around. You know u have a few extra useless dinos.

• Like 1