So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

GenTech1000: Like it - beautiful clean lines. 

Single Player - Aberration/Ragnarok/Olympus (this update on Ab)

Did some more scouting with the Raptors and found my first 3 Ravagers. Went about taming the entire pack (Lvs 40/15/20). Continued scouting with the newly tamed pack - wow these guys change your game on Ab. Went a bit nuts and proceeded to tame every other Ravager I could, highest level I could find was a 96, so the hunt is still on for better ones but I've got 9 … for now ... 

Found a decent spot next to water and with what seems like abundant resources, including some actual Metal nodes and went about completing and moving my box and most of my stuff. Took several trips to get all the critters, supplies and building materials moved but managed without losing a single dino. Which was a surprise. Did add a second story to the box - it's a work in progress but finally have a functional kitchen and work space. 

Did a little more scouting which resulted in a run in with Spino and Karkino, the Ravagers had no trouble with either, but we have not hit anything over level 90 yet. Plan now is to expand the box, get a greenhouse going, get honey, find the dung beetles. Plus ongoing search for higher level mounts. 

20181007211951_1.jpg

• Like 3

Been a while since I played properly and after discovering the ARK dev kit this weekend I'll be unlikely to be spending much time in game until Extinction comes out now.

I did start working through some YT videos on map creation though and started a new map based off of a UK height map image - doubt it'll be anything I take too seriously or release to the public but might be a nice thing to do if I get the time for our small server.

Think Im actually gonna import a Game of Thrones height map and use that as a basis for a new world to play in.

If I do actually get anywhere with it I will be sure to post updates.

• Like 3

The weekend consisted of Blackpearl hunting from the sea bottom. Tribemate and I took our Basis to the depths behind blue obby island on Center and found ourselves some of the sea scorpions and ammonites. Came back with about 220 Black pearls and came across some Tusos. Took care of those and then on the way back coming through a cave we came across a 145 Alpha Mosa... scared the living daylights out of us as we thought we were stuck in the cave with it. They are so fast we couldnt escape it but as our Basis start with 25k health we made a slow grind back to the surface. By the time were at the surface, we were at 13k... dived back down to see if we could bloody it - then were down at 9k and decided to retreat for good. The Mosa didnt follow us to the surface so we just healed up and went back home.

Possibly my most exciting time in ARK since going for our first Boss runs.

Other than that, tribemate made an elevator and we hatched our Gen 4 Rex eggs. Came out at 376 20k hp and 702 melee. Just realised at writing this (from work) that i forgot to imprint this morning... so thats messed that one up. Was at 38% last night so will only make 55% now I would have thought - what a numpty haha

• Like 2

PS4 - Nitrado server - Ragnarok

Spent most of my time this weekend experimenting with official PvE servers, and in short, HATED IT.  The spawn trapping into bases was everywhere. as was the pillaring. I tried many many maps, and was really frustrated. Finally found a map that I was able to start a tiny base on, but I had forgotten that my private server and single player settings are boosted for gathering and taming.  I forgot about the need to eat food every 30 seconds just to stay alive. In the end, I didn't have any fun at all. Just too grindy. I obviously have become too spoiled with my settings.  

So eventually, I switched back to my private server, and began breeding up my Tek Rexes in prep for Boss battles. I also spotted 4 TEK rexes around the map, that including an amazing Blue one, and a very cool red one, but sadly their levels were all under 50. I killed them all and upon flying back to my base, I notice that a level 108 Tek female is just down the hill from my base, which tamed out at 161.  I ended up hatching and raising 4 Rexes this weekend, got 100% imprint on one, got but missed some or all of the imprints on the others. They kept asking for the few kibble I did not have available!

I will continue to breed until I have around 20 of them.  I also was looking for some high level Yutys, to replace my 150 prefect tame, that disappeared into the vapor after transferring it from the server to my single play game. I ended finding a level 135 all red female, and after about 15 minutes of chasing her around and tranqing her, I see her drop just in time for me to be attacked by a Purlovia while I was feeding her. Somehow in the battle she was killed!!!

I then decided to try finding some neon green Griffins, and I found 3 of them ... level 15, level 25 and level 50. So they all were destroyed in hopes of a high level respawn.

I also need to get a couple high level piggies.

• Like 2

Last night, logged in imprinted previously said Rex, checked tek trough - had food so logged off for an earlyish night so that one night this week I can do a later one. 

This morning, logged on, imprinted said Rex, checked tek trough - had food so logged off and went to work.

Tonight, will log in and try and get 1 more imprint but as it was at 86% this morning I dont think Ill get it. It was at 67% which was 23k hp and 785 melee... she will do for now :)

Aush... glad you tried the whole PvE again and sorry you didnt enjoy it. It does make a different on a single server with boosts - hence why I wont try SP just in case it turns me haha

Good luck with your boss runs :)

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 1

Finally got back on tonight. Been busy and the last time on Ark, my xbox really ruined Ark for me, it just couldnt play the game anymore. Was getting tired of the console bassically being unable to hold textures for example and becoming tired of Ark, possibly as a result.

So I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to an Xbox one X (Thank you @SaltyMonkey for perswading me to do it lol) and my word what a difference it makes. I had forgotten and hadnt realised how beautiful Ark could be on the Xbox. I've fallen in love again with the game. With the X everything was crystal clear and the textures actually held. I basically spent the night running around the various maps enjoying the scenary, the clouds, the moon, the reflection of water. I even had the confidence to go by my old base on Ragnarok in crash central in Viking bay and even jumped on single player with no crashes (crashing might still be an issue in viking bay and Single player but wasnt on for long).

Of course I had to jump on a rock drake and do an drake trench run to test out the new console. It was great, loved it. Wasnt in the trench for long, grabbed a few eggs including a 175 and got out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Finally got back on tonight. Been busy and the last time on Ark, my xbox really ruined Ark for me, it just couldnt play the game anymore. Was getting tired of the console bassically being unable to hold textures for example and becoming tired of Ark, possibly as a result.

So I finally bit the bullet and upgraded to an Xbox one X (Thank you @SaltyMonkey for perswading me to do it lol) and my word what a difference it makes. I had forgotten and hadnt realised how beautiful Ark could be on the Xbox. I've fallen in love again with the game. With the X everything was crystal clear and the textures actually held. I basically spent the night running around the various maps enjoying the scenary, the clouds, the moon, the reflection of water. I even had the confidence to go by my old base on Ragnarok in crash central in Viking bay and even jumped on single player with no crashes (crashing might still be an issue in viking bay and Single player but wasnt on for long).

Of course I had to jump on a rock drake and do an drake trench run to test out the new console. It was great, loved it. Wasnt in the trench for long, grabbed a few eggs including a 175 and got out.

Jelly!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Go into SP and type in the command box; stat fps. Basically, in the right side of your screen it will display a live feed of your fps until you log out of Ark completely meaning you can use it on any of the servers you join there after.

If your fps is too low for your liking, turn off high detail mode to increase your performance. The only real graphical difference I’ve noticed between the two modes is the shadows, and a slight render distance alteration. Truesky stays on regardless.

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado - Ragnarok

Now back to the topic; on my last session, I finally restored all of my lost imprints by transferring them to my current character (I lost a lot of motivation to play after sacrificing my character for the betterment of my community - I didn’t want them to lose their progression for the sake of my character restoration). Now I no longer need to cull anything. Also searched for and found an ascendant Megalosaurus saddle BP I need for a trade ;)

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado - The Center.

As Extinction is close by, I’m starting to build up the character I’ll be using for that server when the DLC launches. Currently working on gathering resources to build a raft, but Raptors in the early game are proving to be a challenge to bypass.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Duffmek said:

gathered obsidian  fed the dinos petted the lystros made some polymer moaned at the squares on EU servers capping us dropped an egg to see too many tamed animals - AGAIN - made some stone buildings into metal ... getting more bored cannot progress without hatching my rexes to kill bosses ... so yeah ....

I feel for you Duff. I think its the same across all servers at the moment - we struggled to get two Rex eggs hatched at the weekend but finally did it by killing off some Pteras. 

What wever noticed is it eases in the week and then caps at the weekend. I just got a load of Dodos in the week and then can control my own destiny with the eggs :)Use the week to get egg timers down to 10 seconds. I dont raise anything other than Rexes just now but may look for a new Thyla shortly as they are great for artefact running :)

• Like 1

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

I remembered that this summer I had started a new character on the Island under a different account, and the settings for that game were pretty close to Official Default settings.

This character had built a small starter base in the South end of a peninsula; east of the Red OB.  Had already tamed a couple trikes, Pteras, Parasaur, Argies, Dodos and Dilos.

Last night a shark wandered too far up stream, and I was able to get him tamed. I then spent the rest of the night looking for and taming a doed and Anky.  The wild levels are so low, as the HIGHEST of any dino I have seen, was a level 35 Yuty.  My Doed and Anky were both level 27 (compared to all the rest being 1,3,4) but the Doed accidentally got hit with an extra dart, and so I ended up with only 80+% T.E. The Anky was a perfect tame, as I had the kibble and I spent the time to fly it all the way from the NW corner back to my base to put into the taming pen I built.

It is so weird playing again with low level dinos. I had grown used to not being scared of anything except Gigas, Squids, MOsas and high level Alphas. Now I have to properly plan each attack. I was trying to gather fur, and a pack of only 4 wolves almost killed my Argy. Tension is back. 

My best Argy only has 1100 stamina and 550 weight.  I bred up the Argies to get some better imprinted flyers, but I need AC units before I can hatch. and I still am not close to having enough resources to go into the electricity stage.

It is grindy, but it is much closer to official experience (minus the pillaring and lag) Perhaps after playing this way for a while, I will give official another try.

But at least now, I have some resource gatherers. Just need to get a Mammoth and Moose for wood and Thatch gathering.

Edited by Aushegun
spelling
  • Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration.

Spent some time on Aberation this evening. Started off by scouting out the entrance to the Elemental Vault cave for the Artifact of the Stalker. Found the entrance much quicker than I expected and went back to base, had only geared up for a scouting mission not a full cave run.

Noticed that it was a 90% night season so I decided to give the surface another try, I am desperate to loot a drake saddle bp. Started on the surface area in the north east of the map, the entrance was close to my base, didnt have much luck, couldnt see any drops, well any that I was willing to risk my life and the drakes for anyway. So I quickly moved to the more western entrance to the surface near portal, seemed to have more luck there the drops were more common. I love how scared I am up there, reaper kings everywhere, so exciting lol. Held my nerve long enough to grab a gold and a purple drop, nothing of use unfortunately. Of course I picked the last night of the dark season and it changed to the 50/50 cycle at midnight at which point my nerve broke so I went back under ground.

Geared up back at base and went back to the Old Railway Cave to look for glowtails. Took two visits there to find a 130 female, so I tamed her up.

Finished of the night by going back to the Elemental Vault with my drake. Took my time going through the cave, the only real threat has to the seakers I can avoid the rest by climbing. Just aggroad them with a sniper/shotgun and let the drake do the talking. Got a bit hairy in places, the seakers pack a punch in there and I nearly ended up in the elemental river once or twice. Eventually made it to the Artifact of the Stalker and made good my escape back to base with the Artifact.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Go into SP and type in the command box; stat fps. Basically, in the right side of your screen it will display a live feed of your fps until you log out of Ark completely meaning you can use it on any of the servers you join there after.

If your fps is too low for your liking, turn off high detail mode to increase your performance. The only real graphical difference I’ve noticed between the two modes is the shadows, and a slight render distance alteration. Truesky stays on regardless.

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado - Ragnarok

Now back to the topic; on my last session, I finally restored all of my lost imprints by transferring them to my current character (I lost a lot of motivation to play after sacrificing my character for the betterment of my community - I didn’t want them to lose their progression for the sake of my character restoration). Now I no longer need to cull anything. Also searched for and found an ascendant Megalosaurus saddle BP I need for a trade ;)

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado - The Center.

As Extinction is close by, I’m starting to build up the character I’ll be using for that server when the DLC launches. Currently working on gathering resources to build a raft, but Raptors in the early game are proving to be a challenge to bypass.

BOLAS MANNN!!! They help sooo much early game PvP and PvE. From dimorphs to raptors and sabers.

• Thanks 1