So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

My Ankylo breeding project got a little more complicated. Yesterday I found another green Ankylo. Upper side is dark green and the belly is shining green. I want the shining belly. Tranqued the lvl 90 Ankylo male. As I want to get back to base to grab kibble a Ravager attacked the Ankylo. Killed him but the Ankylo lost many efficiency. He woke up with lvl 102. Brought him back to base and let him made a fertilised egg with my 414 melee female. 

At weekend I will breed the new eggs and hope for nice colors

PS_Messages_20180927_110030.jpg

• Like 1

Finally, Im back for good. Ive fixed the game - DX10 is now how I have to play (until tonight when I put a 1080ti in my machine anyway).

This weekend, I finally got ARK running without crashing within the first 30 seconds - its been a long 4 months.

We already had a load of artifacts lined up and my tribemate had kept everything alive and moved our boss Rexes into a great position. 

Well, lets go try he said (hadnt done it with just the two of us before). We did, and Gamma went down soo quickly (Center this is). Ended up doing it 3 times in a row with 13 Rexes and a Yuti - nothing died. On one go we took broodmother first as the ape got stuck at the back for some reason and the last go we took them at the same time. 120 element and can start tekking up further.

Beta next up then.

Hows everyone else?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Anarki said:

Finally, Im back for good. Ive fixed the game - DX10 is now how I have to play (until tonight when I put a 1080ti in my machine anyway).

This weekend, I finally got ARK running without crashing within the first 30 seconds - its been a long 4 months.

We already had a load of artifacts lined up and my tribemate had kept everything alive and moved our boss Rexes into a great position. 

Well, lets go try he said (hadnt done it with just the two of us before). We did, and Gamma went down soo quickly (Center this is). Ended up doing it 3 times in a row with 13 Rexes and a Yuti - nothing died. On one go we took broodmother first as the ape got stuck at the back for some reason and the last go we took them at the same time. 120 element and can start tekking up further.

Beta next up then.

Hows everyone else?

Hey its this guy :) Welcome back! We kept the thread nice and warm for you comrade!

Last night I logged in to a real nice gift sitting in my base :) ! @AngrySaltire left me a bunch of drake eggs and even some drake kibble ! I took the 130 crab I tamed and dropped it at his base, plan to throw him some element aswell! 

Hatched a 175 drake egg, im glad I only hatched the 175 and not the 185, as soon as it hatched the wife came home and wanted to go for dinner - so i missed a few imprints anyways :( After I loaded up the new drake and went to the rad zone to refill my red gems for making more element. Tonight ill hatch another drake and properly imprint it, kind of thinking of sending the 185 egg to ragnarok. Always wanted a nice rock drake on there. 

This weekend ill be making steps towards Rockwell boss, ill start working on the artifacts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personaly am not that high a level so what I did today might seem pretty beginner-ish. Well anyway today I tamed a new Dilophasoaurus called Planet (I have 4 now), tamed an unamed dodo to get double the eggs I was getting before and also tamed a Pteranodon which was pretty impressive for a level ten player who has no engram points left to spent on narcotics!

Edited by TheVoidCraft
  • Like 3

decided to grab eggs from scar. brought the giga along to eat wyverns. tribe mate is controlling giga. as soon as I say watch the giga make sure he doesn't go over the side, he goes over the side. so now it's operation rescue giga. at this point he isn't all the over the side but in the weird little black columns that I guess are supposed to be rock formations. he's stuck there. so we go get a quetz and try to walk him on the back of it. no Bueno. So I put him on follow to see if he'll unstick himself.  I fly back a little bit and wait. no giga. so I go to check on him and he's gone. lol we look down and he's having the time of his life in a lava bath. fly down and get him out of the lava, walk him onto  back of quetz and fly him back up top. check his health he only lost 3k.

• Like 3

Raised another 175 egg to get 100% imprint on it, I expected a clone of the previous 175 I hatched but was pleasently suprised when it was a different drake. My first one since I messed up on imprint was bookmarked as a battle drake, had almost 7k base hp and crap stam. This new one had bad hp (4k) but good stam (1.3k) so itll be my regular transport.

After that I loaded up some element, bpearls and made a 3rd transmitter. Placed it over on rag and transferred that 185 egg there to hatch soon.

Ive been hitting that wall again on Ark, where I logon being bored already. I took a few days break hoping it would help but it isnt so im shifting focus to transferring any extra to Rag and spending all resources on boss means for Aberration. I mentioned last post im gearing up for it. Ive been cutting the boredom by firing up a little Skyrim to play when I dont feel like Arking. Its hard for me to justify it though - I always like being productive towards endgame goals on any game I play

Need to get ascension going! I keep burning out beforehand so this time im going to stick with it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, d1nk said:

Raised another 175 egg to get 100% imprint on it, I expected a clone of the previous 175 I hatched but was pleasently suprised when it was a different drake. My first one since I messed up on imprint was bookmarked as a battle drake, had almost 7k base hp and crap stam. This new one had bad hp (4k) but good stam (1.3k) so itll be my regular transport.

After that I loaded up some element, bpearls and made a 3rd transmitter. Placed it over on rag and transferred that 185 egg there to hatch soon.

Ive been hitting that wall again on Ark, where I logon being bored already. I took a few days break hoping it would help but it isnt so im shifting focus to transferring any extra to Rag and spending all resources on boss means for Aberration. I mentioned last post im gearing up for it. Ive been cutting the boredom by firing up a little Skyrim to play when I dont feel like Arking. Its hard for me to justify it though - I always like being productive towards endgame goals on any game I play

Need to get ascension going! I keep burning out beforehand so this time im going to stick with it

I'm in the same mode. A buddy convinced me to pick up skyrim again and I've been playing a mage with some decent mods. Pm if you're interested in some cool ones. 

My ark problems are no motivation and excessive loose ends and half projects, going to do something and deciding not to last minute. We have 5 maps in our cluster. I own 3 and the other servers are run and owned by 2 other real life friends. Breediing operations have left my server and i now have to consolidate replaced and out dated breeders. Just cant get into cleaning up lol. Alot are outside and sometimes i just wish someone would pass by snd off them for me haha.

IOver the last 2 weeks I've played 2 days. Me and another fella went sea taming. I'll admit that I am very unfamiliar with sea tames. Never had a desire to explore the sea till recently. 

We did 2 fishing trips. We only have a basili thats lvl 240 and a rsft to fish with so he took the raft and followed my lead. Main goal was mosa. We're picky with our tames and only want high lvl. 466 is the lowest we will go for.  We only found a 183 and killed it. After that we ran into a pair of plesi. Excellent one was 466 and the other was 180 something. I separate them and kill off the lower level and we start taking down the other plesi. When she decided to run she lodged her self on a rock spire quetz style. Down it goes. He's got the raft above and goes to work swimming back and forth checking on it. I'm keeping watch. There was a high level 380 some dunky lurking aboot and came close a couple of times but she tamed up I believe at 680. Stoked as it's my first plesi. 

We were still good to go after another tame and we were after a male plesi. We split up after a while not being able to find anything. I scour Viking bay west to blue spire and tackle a llvl 50 mosa. He says he found basili. Lvl 483. I divert to his location just east of Viking bay in the large rock formations. We tackle the mantas, get settled and he starts taming. It some how ended up parallel to the beach and never moved lol stupid easy tame. Sad part is at about quarter way tamed I spot a 499 mega event red lurking closer. We want it but dont have the supplies so we had no choice but to lay it to rest. Basili tames out to 700 some and we float back to the base and call it a night. 

So I spent the weekend getting used to base changes my tribemate had made whilst I was away.

So many Tek components lying around I wasnt sure what each did. (Center this is. We are down to two bases now - one for mining metal and the other is the main area base where we house everything.)

Did another couple of boss runs but this time with 9 of our gen 3 Rexes (only Gamma) and took both brood and ape down quickly again with no issues at the same time.

Everything seems smooth enough and now I want to use this Tek stuff to begin our gen 4 Rexes - cant remember what the stats are but i think its over 20k hp, over 1k w, over 700 melee - so they should come out around lvl 350, possibly more.

I then went onto Aberration where we again are down to two bases but this has changed a lot too - everything is Tek - wow did I miss out on the upgrading.

Our Island and Rag bases are still fairly small but SE is still sizeable with 2 bases - Ill have a look at those three later this week.

How does everyone find time to play across all servers?! Center will stay as my main I think.

Edited by Anarki
  • Like 2

@d1nk

I too have been kind of "going thru the motions" lately with ARK.  I think that is normal for a game that can be so addictive and such a time sink. 

I've been saying for a couple of months, that I want to build up a Rex army, to do boss runs ..... but the problem is the motivation to gather all the artifacts. Playing on Ragnarok, there is NO CHANCE I will mess with the desert cave that houses those artifacts.  I have no interest in doing parkor and puzzles in ARK.  So I will just be spawning in those artifacts.

Also, as a 1 person tribe, some of these caves can be pretty hard. So either I tweak the settings to make it manageable, or I just skip it altogether.

Lately, I've actually been transferring a lot of dinos from the server, over to my single player game, so that when/if I take an extended break, the dinos will survive.

This weekend, I did tame a level 145 event raptor, and a level 156 red female Tek Raptor. tamed a level 140 red event Wolly Rhino, and level 145 shark in red.

Other than that, it was transferring dinos and refilling food troughs.

I also started a new character on The Island last week, and I played some more as that character. thus far, I have built a small base, and tamed some Trikes, a Ptera, and yesterday, I tamed a Argy. It is a fine line between fun and frustrating, when started a new character, but I think I'll keep with that character for a while.

• Like 4

What D1nk and DJRone wrote reminds me of myself at Unofficial Server. They are nice but your progress is too fast. That was the Reason i quit and go back to Official Servers. They are not so fast. I play now more then 4 Months and didnt made a Boss Fight yet. And i can only breed at the Weekend if the Wife let me^^.

Aberration

Helped my kid to tame a few Ovis. He is at 11 Sheeps now in his own building. Ran around at the Weekend and saw a nice Level 95 Basilisk. Build a trap of 4 Stone Gates around him and tried to tame him. 1 Gate was to close to a Rock and he „climbed" over the Gate. Run like hell with my RockDrake to loose aggro and crafted 4 new gates. This time i tamed him without a problem. As i came back to the Area i saw a 115 Basilisk. He killed everything around. I crafted more Gates and came back to him. He was burried and not far from him a lvl 85 basilisk was burried. I placed the gates and could tame the 115 without the 85 noticing me. As i wanted to go back with him the Level 85 woke up and chased me. So high speed and we left the scene. But i came back with new gates and tamed the 85 too^^. She burried 2 times and lost a few levels but i got her with lvl 112. Now i´m almost out of Rock Drake Eggs. Only 2 left. Next week i must get a few new ones. But now i think i can tame them without a problem. Only problem is to go with the Rock Drake every 30 Seconds near the Basilisk so he can bite you. If he dont bite you for a minute he will loose interest and bury.

Found a Level 80 Baryonix near my new trap at the blue Biome. Lured and tranqued her. But she was eaten as i ran around searching for more Ankylos in Green. I should make a little Base around the Trap. But that is something for the next Weeks, problem is a new player build almost next to the place. I didnt pillared too much, i wish i had.

I searched and found a female 55 Ankylo with Dark green Horns and back. Tamed her nicely. On the way back with her to base i saw another green one Level 50. But she had bright green glowing horns and parts of the back are glowing too. Tranqued and tamed her. She has more white in the glowing horns as my poisonous green Horn Anky which i tamed a few weeks ago. But i will cross breed all of them. My goal is a Red green poisonous Abomination.

Unfortunately i couldn´t breed at Weekend cause funfair is in Town. So the Wife decided it is family time. But next week i will breed ( I hope so).

PS_Messages_20180930_231636.jpg

PS_Messages_20180930_232907.jpg

• Like 2

So logged on to find my US tribemate was off work ill. yeah yeah - slacker. 

We went and got CP and Obsidian to make some Polymer so that we can make a cloning chamber - its going to be expensive but we have a lovely couple of 190 Ice Wyvs that would be great to clone.

Then we took to the seas to kill some Basi's for their blubber - boss artifact I think. 

Looks like I have found that you can have dinos over 450 on official that dont go pop at server reset. Can anyone else confirm this as a friend said they had transferred a 487 Rex the day before and was using it on Rag - and it hadnt gone poof!

Other than that, tame capped so just fed the dinos. 

• Like 3