So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Private NItrado Server - Ragnarok

So I have spoken in the past, how I really don't like water travel in ARK, but Saturday, I decided to take my Mosa, 2 Basils and 2 sharks out to got explore the ocean. Things were fine, until I led us into the black pearl area on the West side of the map. We got attacked by Tusos, and somehow during the fights, my level 140 Basil and 150 shark disappeared.  I didn't see a death message, but I searched and could not find them. I'm really not sure where they went.  I normally put tracking nodes on all flyers and water dinos, but I had forgotten to do so on this group of water dinos, and of course now I am paying the price. Because this is on a server, and not SP, I'm sure those dinos will starve and die now.

Finally got the remaining 3 water dinos to base on the South West corner of the map, and then spent a ton of time grinding out a teleporter and gen. I then built my underwater teleporter and attempted to teleport back to my Viking Bay base, where I would build another water teleporter, and then transfer my water dinos back, instead of spending all the time swimming them back.

Well, after much frustration, I finally googled and read what I had feared. Teleporters don't work in water. :Jerbmad::Jerbcry:

So what a waste of time and resources. So parked my water dinos in the water pen at the SW base, and logged off.

• Sad 1

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

PS4 - Private NItrado Server - Ragnarok

So I have spoken in the past, how I really don't like water travel in ARK, but Saturday, I decided to take my Mosa, 2 Basils and 2 sharks out to got explore the ocean. Things were fine, until I led us into the black pearl area on the West side of the map. We got attacked by Tusos, and somehow during the fights, my level 140 Basil and 150 shark disappeared.  I didn't see a death message, but I searched and could not find them. I'm really not sure where they went.  I normally put tracking nodes on all flyers and water dinos, but I had forgotten to do so on this group of water dinos, and of course now I am paying the price. Because this is on a server, and not SP, I'm sure those dinos will starve and die now.

Finally got the remaining 3 water dinos to base on the South West corner of the map, and then spent a ton of time grinding out a teleporter and gen. I then built my underwater teleporter and attempted to teleport back to my Viking Bay base, where I would build another water teleporter, and then transfer my water dinos back, instead of spending all the time swimming them back.

Well, after much frustration, I finally googled and read what I had feared. Teleporters don't work in water. :Jerbmad::Jerbcry:

So what a waste of time and resources. So parked my water dinos in the water pen at the SW base, and logged off.

Next time use the Tek Transmitter as you don’t need element to run it and it can be placed anywhere. The only downside are the items you can’t upload plus if you have a lot of stuff it will pack out the inventory space, so the best thing to do in that situation is to place down a hidden cache and come back at a more convenient time. Obviously, make sure you have a Tek Transmitter already built in your water pen.

As you’re unofficial, have you removed upload timers and extended the expiry timers?

Edited by DJRone89

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Next time use the Tek Transmitter as you don’t need element to run it and it can be placed anywhere. The only downside are the items you can’t upload plus if you have a lot of stuff it will pack out the inventory space, so the best thing to do in that situation is to place down a hidden cache and come back at a more convenient time. Obviously, make sure you have a Tek Transmitter already built in your water pen.

As you’re unofficial, have you removed upload timers and extended the expiry timers?

So transmitters work underwater, even though teleporters do not huh?  I was afraid to waste resources by trying that, and then find out it didn't work.  I'll give that a try, I have an extra transmitter in a vault at my main base.

I have not removed upload times and extended timers ..... I will need to look at the Server site, and see what I can do.

Thanks

Guest DJRone89
23 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

So transmitters work underwater, even though teleporters do not huh?  I was afraid to waste resources by trying that, and then find out it didn't work.  I'll give that a try, I have an extra transmitter in a vault at my main base.

I have not removed upload times and extended timers ..... I will need to look at the Server site, and see what I can do.

Thanks

Transmitters are a godsend, and because you can place them almost anywhere (even without a foundation), stuck dinos within their reach can be uploaded out so it’s a great admin tool too.

I’d strongly recommend playing about with your timers until you find a good fit. You can remove the upload straight from Nitrado’s web interface however I’m not sure if the expiry timers are that obvious because my cluster is set up in expert mode (the standard PC way).

I have 30 day expiry timers (gameusersettings.ini):

TributeItemExpirationSeconds=2592000

TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=2592000

TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=2592000

Edited by DJRone89

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Today was the today. Finally decided it was time to go into the red zone and into the drake trench. I havent done the first stage of drake egg hunting of going down on foot solo before (done it solo once I had drakes) so I was nervous.  I got on my spino and assembled Red Team (My squad of 7 megalos) and started down into the red zone. My goodness it was stressful. Half of it might of been due to the textures on my spino refusing to stay rendered at all had issues occasionally with the terrain too. Bassically kept waiting for the game to crash but thankfully it never did. The journey down was rather uneventful. Had to keep a tight leash on the megalos, especially down some of the narrow cliff paths to avoid losing them over the edge into goodness knows where. Also ended up keeping the pack on passive using the ridden spino to clear the path, especially when dealing with seekers as I was going to end up losing the entire pack over the edge, only whistling them into action when needed and when it was safe to do so. 

Made it down to the drake trench taking out any drakes that I came across, it would help later on. Made it to the location where the three nests that are accessible without going into the main trench, 2 of which had an egg. Climb picked my way to the first nest and nabbed the egg (level 60) and scrambled back to my spino. My word I forgot how intense the first wave of angry drakes were, that was alot of them. The spino was brought down to half health but the megalo squad preformed sublimely, shredding the hoard. Decided it was safe enough to go for the second egg and got up to the nest. Hit the jackpot with a 175 egg and made it back to the spino and had the squad deal with the few drakes left that aggroed. Thankfully all the eggs were fresh and they didnt insta spoil. Made my way back up through the red and blue zone. On the way out of blue zone I took on a level 10 alpha basilisk I had spotted on the way down as it ran across the path infront of me. Shredded it and got the element shards that alphas drop as they do on this server cluster. Made it back to base. Miraculously all 7 megalos and the spino made it back alive, no idea how I didnt lose a single megalo due to pathing issues. By which point the textures just gave up, not sure what Ark/xbox was playing at tonight

Cant wait to hatch up the drake eggs. Next plan is to hatch up the drake eggs and breed up more megalos for the drake squad. Going to take a spino and a larger red team back down into the red zone and this time leave the squad in the main trench. The plan being to use a drake to grab the eggs and have the squad deal with all the angry drakes. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

I was just online to feed my dinoes and to reset decay then went offline, but something happened. A TITANOSAUR got in my base, then I googled and found out that Titanosaur can climb upto 6 walls high, which is exactly how high my walls are. It was trying to get out near my behemoth gates so I destroyed 2 gateways and the titanosaur got out. I made 2 new behemoth gateways and gates and replaced the ones I destroyed. Since my base is near lava and there was lava flowing at that time, I lured it into the lava, it got hurt a bit but the lava flow had ended so I went back to base and took my attack wyvern, I attacked the titanosaur for a while, but it ran....TOWARD MY BASE....and got inside AGAIN. 

Inside, 1 tek rex attacked it followed by four of my high level rexes, base lv 378 and 382 and 363, and I attacked it using my wyvern as well, I was so surprised looking at my wyvern health, in just a few hits my wyvern almost died to like 1/3 hp, so I stopped and parked it on my roof, after a while a few messages appeared telling me my rexes died killed by the titanosaur. Not long after that, the titanosaur lost aggro, I didn't know that a titanosaur is actually a peaceful dino despite its monstrous size and high dmg, then I did what I should have done in the first place, whistling passive around my base. All was peaceful after that, so I destroyed another behemoth wall to let it out. Suddenly someone was passing by and he saw the walls without gate and the rex carcasses, he's laughing in global and said a titan is flattening someone's base in lava area, I refrained myself to not engage in the convo / insult him, in the end I didn't lose my cool and kept my silence but couldn't stop saying in my head, what an a-hole. I managed to let the titanosaur out and added 5 railings to the walls. All good now. Casualties 3 behemoth gateways and gates, 4 high lv rexes, and 1 level 250-ish tek rex.  

Luckily I already made like 10 fertilized rex eggs ready to hatch in 5 seconds in the past few days, so i can replace the rexes whenever I feel like it.

ZuOtca0.jpg

Edited by DonaldDuck
  • Sad 2

Turned on the game and first thing I saw was a lvl 150 event bronto, named her queen Latifah,  and went out and finally got a yuty at lvl 100 

Took my 4 wolves out for a meat run ...damn I love the wolves cant wait to get them all over 100 and wreck some caves wouldn't mind one more cause 5 seems like a better number lol 

• Like 2

Ragnarok 

Xbox one official PVE - solo tribe

Finished building my hatchery room that i spent a good few hours playing with layout and materials in SP.  took me an age to farm the materials mainly the thatch.

managed to buy a Male deer which helped out alot and got it all done and was about to log off for the night i spotted 4-5 wyverns and atleast one rider. then i saw just the one wild one left and then it come towards my base, i had nothing i could do , it got one hit in then luckily my base neighbour spotted it and killed it before it could do more damage . but it managed to kill my mammoth (RIP Snowy) . 

the res tof the week will be spent buying/farming to get as many raptor kibble as i can get my hands on. and will tame a new higher level one at hte weekend when its x2 again.

• Like 2

The Island

Tamed another Bunch of Dilos, now i have 12 Female and 6 Male. Every 2 Days i let them breed. Got a nice Bunch of Kibble after a Week and transferred it to Aberration. I Found a Level 140 Event Red Doedi and Tamed him. Tamed a normal grey colored 110 and a Grey Red 145 Doedi.

Aberration

Sunday was the Day where i finally breed all of my Spino Eggs. 33 i had at this time. 3 of the eggs came out too low, 1 x Lvl 66 and 2 x Lvl 105. Every Other was at least 149 or higher. Except the Magenta Spinos. Cause here i breed first the Color, after it the Levels. I was succesful, 1 Magenta got the Pink Belly from my pink Belly Spino. Another One got the Pink Top Fin. Now i must breed these 2 together to get a full Magenta Spino. The 2 Eggs i traded in came with the Color from the Father. Red Body and Christmas green Fin. And all have 414 Melee at Birth. 1 Egg got Twins, 3 powerful Spinos for my breeding Line. Now i can breed a more dangerous line of Pink Power Spinos.

After the First Day i grabbed all Spinos with a Karkino and placed them along my Base Wall. 30 Spinos is to much for my Breeding House. Placed a bunch of Troughs and filled them.

Today i could imprint the last time before they are full grown. The Reds are at 63 and 75% Imprint. Better then i expected.

PS_Messages_20180918_081835.jpg

PS_Messages_20180918_081840.jpg

PS_Messages_20180918_081845.jpg

• Like 2

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Aberration 

Started off by installing my tek transmitter into my main base on Ragnarok. Loaded up the second transmitter and 5 extra AC units into the transmitter to transfer over to Aberration. Turns out I skimped out when I made the incubator on Aberration and only installed 20 units and its not enough to hatch a drake egg so I needed more.

Logged on to Aberration and took out the spino to the public transmitter and download everything. Ran back to base and came across an alpha karkinos close by my base. Ran back to grab the megalo pack and went back to the crab. Took out the crab without much issue and collected the element shards it dropped. Installed the extra ac units into the incubator and also the transmitter next to my main building.

Went on a quick nameless venom run so I could hatch up my drake eggs, not that I probably needed the venom with the maturation rates but its nice to get it anyway. Went back to base and hatched up the 175 and 60 eggs I collected from the drake trench. Had my fingers crossed for twins or triplets from the 175 but both eggs hatched singles. Fully imprinted both of them not that its hard with drakes. At the same time I hatched up 7 more megalos to joing the megalo pack. Had mixed success with imprinting. Took out the 175 drake for a quick spin when it fully matured. Its good to finally get a rock drake again. Love them to bits

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration and Ragnarok

Had one of those nights where not much happened lol. Hatched up a few more megalos for the pack and bred up a few ravagers from the pair d1nk gave me. Raised them up and imprinted where I could.

I love the tek transmitter I have set up. Need some charcoal for shotgun ammo on Aberation and I am not really set up for it, so I transfered some across from Ragnarok. So convient.

Ran around on the drake for a bit. Found a 135 alpha karkinos. So I ran back to base hoped on the spino and assembled the megalo squad. Went out and took it out. Would have been so much faster if the megalos used their primary attack more often. Got the element shards and the claw of it.

Decided to go for a quick reconnaissance on the surface now I had a drake. Never been on the surface before. Didnt last 5 minutes. Spotted a red drop and took on two reaper kings. They packed a punch and took me down to half health before I bailed. Sat on a spire and watched as more and more reapers gathered below me. So I waited for them to lose aggro and made a leap for the exit. Man I need to get my hands on a nice drake saddle bp. 

• Like 2

PS4  - The Island - Official

Had a nice day really. I just transferred back to an old PVP server I used to play on after the tribe I managed merged. I don't like huge tribes so I appointed a friend to run it and went back solo. Tamed a trike to farm berries, tamed so dodo's for kibble, built an argie pen and tamed up a low level argie so I can at least get around. Then noticed That some idiots had built a massive base at the top of far's peak. They got flattened before the day was out but all the resource spawns are still inactive. Still, a productive day. 

• Like 1

PC - Aberration - Official - PvE

Hatched a few featherlights, then went for a swim in the drake trench. Came out with 1x190, 4x185, 2x170, 2x160 and 2x150 kept the lower ones to see if I can get an event drake! Toss all the eggs in the incubation room and went to bed! Alarm went off 6 hours later, woke up tossed eggs in fridge, back to sleep.. Up a couple hours later went to work. Now after work I get to hatch some more babies :D

• Like 3

Today was stage two of operation annoy rock drakes. Goal was to get the full megalo red team down into the main trench. Wasnt going to take all the megalos down in one go, would have been too much to keep track of all 18 megalos so I did it in 2 parts. Started off by taking the first 9 down while mounted on spino back. Somehow got all 9 megalos and the spino down to the trench without losing any. Stuck all my stuff into the spino and suicided to get out of the trench. Grabbed the next 9 megalos and went down again this time on drake back. Again somehow managed to get all 9 megalos down without losing any to pathing issues. Stuck all 18 megalos on follow to the passive spino. The spinos one and only job is to act as a passive anchor to the megalo team.

Time to test the squad out, leaving the squad at the fork of this trench I went about looting the nests. After every egg I ran back to the safety of the squad. Occasionally I also swaped an egg between inventorys to pull in more drakes. The first wave is always the worst, but the megalos did their job wonderfully. No drake stands a chance with about 18 megalos hitting it for about 400, or 200 if its mate boosted. Didnt seem to even matter when the megalos wanted to use the grab attack, still shredded everything.  Got about 9 eggs out of this run including a 145 and 185 before I had to retreat back to base to heal up and rekit. The rest will be used for kibble.

Went back down into the trench again. Love swooping into the drake area all the way from the mushroom forests. Looted the nests again, all low levels, I swear theres a level 55 drake sitting around giggling away to itself and spawning eggs because I kept picking them up, despite wiping out all the aggroed drakes lol. Eventually I hit the jackpot again with another 185, before leaving with a haul of 13 eggs. 

Also transfered some tek doors across from Ragnarok, and replaced my doors in my metal base on Aberation. I forgot how much I love those doors, could run in and out of them all day lol.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I realized I didnt write up my story from last Sunday.. I had to take some time away from the xbox this week, played too much last weekend haha. 

Last Sunday: 

Just muddled around the base breeding shinehorns trying to get an all black one. Spent a bit of time with Saltire and we traded some element from his Rag to my Aberration. I constantly make element on Ab. I have 2 charge nodes and a gas node in my base that I constantly rotate between, all without being to the Red Zone yet on this play! I always hop off and grab the red roll rat gems when im around the forest areas :P 

After the trade I made my second Transmitter for Rag then a second Industrial forge to throw in my metal base on Ab. Logged off early and havent been on since, getting some time in tonight but probably not too much.

• Like 2

Last night was the night. Finally time to grab some Drake eggs. Started off by hatching some Mega eggs for muts. Got pink bodied oxy mutation twins and shortly after two different blue belly mutations, one dark blue and one light blue health mut. The light blue also inherited the mutated stat from prior line making him 234 hatch

Messed around at base for awhild then made up a few stone structures and extra hazmat suits. Grabbed my imprinted spino and 6 megalosaurus, saddled and headed down to Drake Trench. Its been awhile since I was down here but after an hour or so finally reached the first checkpoint; A small lake area about half way down the ramp where there isnt anY rad. Set up a small spawn hut there, near a plantz. Itll also be useful for farming poly, taming featherlights and storing my megas for future drake runs.

After whipping that up I made my way down. It was pretty easy going, killed a bunch of drakes enroute and when I made it to the upper shelf I couldnt find an egg in any of the nests :( I decided to keep climbing up and eventually found a nest with an egg, only level 100 but it will do for my first drake. The process was easy, dove to my spino with plenty of time and shredded the drakes. Left the mega crew at the outpost and headed back up.

Its been a few hours now, ive already been through 3/4 of a suits durability and on my second suit at about half at this point. I left a spare suit at the outpost incase the worst should happen. On my way back up I sort of got lost, after a bit of frantic running around (and almost jumping off cliff to reaper area...) I made it back up to fertile.

Got back home and crafted up an extra 12 ACs to hatch the egg, let it preincubate a bit then went to bed. Ill hatch it today! 

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3

I put to sleep a castoroides 150 with 32 pt in melee, then it got hit by a terror bird, lost taming effectiveness, so I let it wake up, put it back to sleep, but it somehow started with a low taming effectiveness, so I left ark for a while . when I came back it was gone. Then I put to sleep a direbear 150, by the time I came back with some kibble, a carno was eating it. Then I pretty much did nothing useful. Yay.

• Sad 1

Just a quick one tonight. Just had to get back into the drake trench again, to stockpile some more eggs, so went down into the trench with my drake and assembled the megalo team again. Probably one of my favourite things to do in Ark. From swooping down to the trench, raiding the nests and climbing back out again, I love it  Had two trips. First trip netted me about 10 eggs, all low levels apart from 2 145 eggs. Swear that 55 is still screwing with me but this time he has a pesky level 25 friend. The 55 even had a favourite nest too. Kept picking up level 25 and 55 eggs. Had a slight panic when I fought a wild drake 1v1 and it glitched me into thw ground. Must have registered my shinehorn underground as nameless somehow started to appear despite my shinwhorn. Got out of the ground to my releif. Went back to base and rekited.

Went back in and started looting again. All low levels, started having to eat the lower levels as I was begging to run out of weight. Eventually started to get lucky with aome higher level eggs. Ended the run with 18 eggs, of which 3 were 165s, 1 160, 2 155s and a 150. Got plenty of eggs now too for basilisk taming and kibble making, fridges are beginning to burst of all the drake eggs lol.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

I had a long tribe meeting with my tribe to hone in a plan for Extinction then I hatched several rexes for bossing. We or well I was very lucky to get a yellow mutation right off the bat so I get to have my fav color on our top stat rexes. I also ran up and down the beach on my yellow horse named, Sunflower. He was born with tons of stamina so I can run forever. :) Ark is always a great escape for me.