So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Well I spent way too much time the last couple days looking for a Phoenix on Scorched. Heatwaves came, and I searched everywhere. No luck. So I said Ark It!, and I spawned one in. I have to say, I'm really not too impressed with it. slow, doesn't land, and aside from the nice fact that it cooks meat, I think it will just spend a lot of time sitting in my base as a nightlight.

I then transferred to Ragnarok, and promptly found and tamed a level 156 Tek Raptor male.  I'll breed him with the 174 feel I tamed last week. I also tamed a red on red level 145 Hyenadon, that was right outside my base as well. Got lucky twice with those tames.

Then I decided it was time to watch some Robot Chicken on the PS Vue.

Yeah my homie on my server barely uses her Phoenix but uses it as a light and great decoration lol

• Like 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Started off the night breeding up the shinehorns again. Honestly cant get enough of shinehorns, they are that cute. Bred up and kept a few and cullled some which I didnt want to keep. Was attempting to get a decent coloured male with the charge capacity mutation I got last night. Eventually popped a pair of gorgeous twin males with the mutation. Pure white body, black stripes and golden horns. So now I have a breeding male and now my main lightpet ! Sir Lightsalot is finally a thing ! Also threw down some of the 2nd gen megalo eggs I saved up in an attempt to get a breeding pair of megalos with the good hp and melee stats. Got a good high level male with all the stats, but the Ark Gods refused to hatch a female with the stats, all the good ones were male. Culled the rest appart from 3 others, two of which I kept because they hatched out mutated magenta but not with the stats, but kept them because I might as well start raising some megalos for my drake trench squad.

Then went to my metal out post to do a bit of farming. Decided that I might as well install the industrial forge I had saved up after all so I replaced the regular forges. Raised the roof to accomodate the new forge. Only thing now is it is a bit cramped in the build so I might need to build an extension but thats a problem for another day.

• Like 3

Bred ravagers when I got on again, got my all green 259 and just need to get a female to guarantee it (also got to get that 4k hp mut to pass)

Got my final gen together for spinos, 237 hatch now, the 5.6k hp all other stats and 331 melee

Tamed a 135 doed i found, then transferred my extra crab, some spinos and an extra doed back to Ragnarok. Got there and did a huge metal / poly / paste run and made up an industrial forge / cooker and plan to make a chem bench tonight.

I was sitting in my Rag base, minding my own buisness and breeding some eggs up when I hear stomping. I look out my breeding area to a wild giga head trying to clip into my base! I jump on a griffin to try and lead it away but its chomping my gates. My griff gets chomped and stunlocked then dead. Hopped on another griff and led it away off a ledge.

Tonight im going to bring all my premades back, set up a blue FOB for drake eggs and start working towards drakes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok and Aberration 

Started of on Ragnarok. Went hunting gold and red drops in an attempt to get a half decent megalosaurus saddle bp for Aberration, but no luck.

Then ended up on Aberration breeding up the megalos. Threw down a batch of eggs. Finally got the female I needed with the good melee and hp stats, so that one takes over the role of breedong female. Got lucky with the rest and had a good mixture of males and females with the good stats so I kept those 7 too, culling the 3 that didnt make the cut. Raised and imprinted the 7 for my drake trench squad. Got all but two up to 88% imprinting, the two wanted rock drake egg and featherlight kibble and I ran out of the time to get the rest to 100%. Thankfully I had transfered some appropriate kibble from Ragnarok for some kibble requests. Quiet nice to have the 88%ers sitting at 10k health. Cant wait to saddle them all up with a decent saddle, level them up and get into the trench to get some drake eggs. Still got a bit of prep to do though.

Popped a few more shinehorns because I was bored. Got another white and black one which was great. Also got a mutated blue socks one too but no good stats but I kept it all tge same.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1

Guest DJRone89

Xbox - Unofficial Nitrado server - Ragnarok

Before I take an extended break without base maintenance, there’s a couple things I need to do first.

So last night, I took @Demerus‘s advise from another thread and am now storing my giant bee’s as beehives so not worry about feeding them. Went on to load up my water pen so it’s saturated with fish - mainly for the exclusive fish eaters. Loaded the Daedon, Gigas, and Quetzals with kibble - so much better than using meat ;)

The only thing left is admin stuff but I won’t go into details there.

As we reach closer to Extinction, I’m definitely looking forward to the prospect of playing Ark more regularly again. A break is/was needed.

Early/Mid October I’ll be back. I may do some stories as my new character progresses on The Center map - the map rotation before Extinction.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:21 PM, d1nk said:

Watch out! Even on SP alpha brood is magnitudes harder than med brood and alpha ape

@AngrySaltire if I can get on soon want to breed some Megas? :) We can get some working dps eggs until we find some highlvls 

Done it! Managed to find a wild lvl96 Yuti to help witht he fight, and he ended up at lvl 160+ before I took him into the battle. I lost a low level rex but my others(mostly around the 150 mark, other than my 215) survived well!

I'm about to face the Gamma Dragon, but I know it won't go well.

Edited by Tezza86
  • Like 2

Spent a lot of time on Rag. Crafted up an industrial forge, cooker and chem bench. Made 20+ each of dilo, turtle, raptor and anky kibble (for abb imprints) and over 10 behe gate sets.

Went to Ab and placed my blue base just past spores (opposite side of Saltires, basically. Across the way) also tamed a 145 red abb bear and a 150 spino. Spino had 6k hp base so another addition to my line. Placed all my indy items, placed forge at base and ill make another for blue.

Was out leveling my all red crab, a few times I got stunlocked and almost died. Spino knockback isnt anything to mess with. Be careful! 

Probably did a bit more but im trying to keep it short :) 

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Sure thing man, id love to get ahold of that new hp too :P Ill trade ya some blood, I have a few saddles I made with 46%+ craft bonus ill throw in too

Definitely. I can guarantee the new hp wuth the good melee too. Can get you ad many eggs as you like :)

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Went to Ab and placed my blue base just past spores (opposite side of Saltires, basically. Across the way) also tamed a 145 red abb bear and a 150 spino.

Wonderful. We're blue zone buddies now ?

• Like 1

Guest DJRone89

I said I wouldn’t talk about the admin stuff but after clearing out the spolied Rock Drake eggs this morning, I feel sad for the server to have missed out on level 190, 185, and 180 eggs :(

39 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Definitely. I can guarantee the new hp wuth the good melee too. Can get you ad many eggs as you like :)

40 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Sounds good, I sent a xbl msg with some deets.

36 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I said I wouldn’t talk about the admin stuff but after clearing out the spolied Rock Drake eggs this morning, I feel sad for the server to have missed out on level 190, 185, and 180 eggs :(

Dayum! Oh well. For the greater good. 

• Thanks 1

I didn't do anything anymore for the last few days because I'm bored with the game now. It's always like this, starting fresh, playing all days long for 1 or 2 months with full spirit, then get bored and feel everything is like chores after that, donate all dinoes/base to newcomers or old players, rinse and repeat. 

I wish I can just freeze my progress especially my dinoes and blueprints, export them in a cloud somewhere, then comeback some other time. If only WC works with Steam and provide a home map for everyone to store their dinoes and stuffs, that would be awesome, can just jump in the public game world/server anytime with old dinoes. 

Edited by DonaldDuck

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration and Ragnarok.

Started of by trading with @d1nk. Got access to his megalo saddle bp and crafted up a bunch. Also got some ravagers and even got round to taming a crab for me too. In return I traded megalo eggs with the good stats (unless I mucked up somehow) and a female shinehorn to with his male. Might have been more but cant remeber

Was then across to Ragnarok with d1nk to craft up a tek transmitter using his glorious tek replicator and craft up a bunch of element from the shards I had gathered from killling alphas. By which point I was half zombified so I wasnt really sure what was going on but we got there in the end. 'No Saltire we're building a transmitter not a teleporter...'

*Sigh* Been a while since I stayed up very late playing Ark, try not to do that to much these days, not like back when I played official, silly times. Hello bed my friend... Anyway thanks again d1nk for the trade, help and advice. Much appreciated. Good to finally mic up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

I didn't do anything anymore for the last few days because I'm bored with the game now. It's always like this, starting fresh, playing all days long for 1 or 2 months with full spirit, then get bored and feel everything is like chores after that, donate all dinoes/base to newcomers or old players, rinse and repeat. 

I wish I can just freeze my progress especially my dinoes and blueprints, export them in a cloud somewhere, then comeback some other time. If only WC works with Steam and provide a home map for everyone to store their dinoes and stuffs, that would be awesome, can just jump in the public game world/server anytime with old dinoes. 

You need to play unofficial / SP my friend. My server im on we could leave for months and come back to our stuff. 

Ill be sure to donate some time when I get more cash @DJRone89

Lost and found my thyla that has all lvls put into speed. Went to the obi with it to upload my char, left it there on neutral. It went pretty far when I came back.

Set up a public teleporter on SE next to the scar.

Went to the surface several nights on AB, only found stuff we don't need, despite two red drops. 

Tried to rearrange my tribe leader's mats and boxes (it's a total mess, he is the only one who finds anything - its scattered all around the base, in boxes, vaults, dinos...) at least now we all have stuff we can't find when we need it^^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

You need to play unofficial / SP my friend. My server im on we could leave for months and come back to our stuff. 

Ill be sure to donate some time when I get more cash @DJRone89

Yea once I decided to quit this playthrough, I think I will start SP and quit MP for good, it's just the dinoes in SP are boosted and I don't recognize the stats anymore. Or maybe wait till Extinction, would be fun moving new dinoes to my current home lol, but I hope it's not like Aberration with reapers guarding the obelisks. Getting dinoes out of Aberration without a transmitter is close to impossible, even getting the character out is annoying I have to wait until loot box appears.

Oh btw I didn't know that I can jump from map to map as well in Single Player and I have several playthroughs using different characters in SP on different maps, so each of my single player map already has different characters with different tribes, is there any way to combine them all ?

Started the day breeding my Ravagers. Got my all green couple, 261 birth. Same with spinos, got all stats combined and sittinf at 239 hatch.

Tamed a 135 Doed then farmed up some metal for my Transmitter ill be making later. Went to the surface with some Ravagers (uneventful thankfully) and got some element ore. I was just missing that one element to turn it on and convert shards, made 9 element before Saltire showed up. 

We traded some eggs, I made some blueprints for him then we tamed a Crab. After which we hopped over to Ragnarok so we could make his Transmitter. With my Replicator we made all the shards, farmed up ingots, poly and black pearls so he could have enough then we made it!

After he logged and I went back to Aberration to sort my own Transmitter out. After a long metal run I Made my transmitter, 2x tek dino gates and a tek door. Got that bad boy placed, expanded my base a bit then hatched the Megalosaurus eggs Saltire gave me. Got about 50% imprint then crafted up.some premades and took some ravagers, a Mega and a few extra shinehorns down to my Blue base.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3

Logged on, DC''d...... Logged on, Dc'd again! Logged on, extended my walls a bit, Dc'd... Logged in again, check my perimeters, checked all my extended pillar system  around my base, Dc'd.. Logged back in then immediately drowned!  Went and  had my Tea!  (Dinner)-_-

Edited by Donk67

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration and Ragnarok 

Not much happened today. Started off on Aberration and took the megalo pack out for a spin to level them up before a trip onto the red zone. Loved mauling everything, just wish they didnt primarily use the grab attack but even then they shredded everything, they seem to main attack regularly enough Hunted down and shredded a 145 basilisk without a hitch. Just gutted I killed a 145 but never mind. 

Then hoped onto ragnarok to complete a wee trade with @d1nk. Then crafted the second tek transmitter. Cant wait to install them both.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1