So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Did some finishing touches on my breeding area, went for a few runs to see if I can find anything to tame then was AFK cleaning the house. @AngrySaltire stopped by my place and we bred up our Megas, learnt that a) Mega eggs hatch at room temp and b) they only incubate for 3 minutes lol. Went back to a few baby megas running around.

We each got a mega baby, breeding pairs and a few eggs. I mated him a few bulbdogs and gave him one of my extras then he went off on his way. Popped a few eggs and went off for a bit.

Got on later and raised a few more eggs, did some base work and turned around to see a 145 pure red spino, trapped and tranqed it.

After that was done I took my new bred imprinted mega out for a spin. Killed all the spawns then after I was at my base spotted a 135 Red/White crab. Ive been trying to get an event crab so just my luck :) Tamed out nice, parked it at base then logged for the night

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 8:48 PM, ini550 said:

Did the usual metal farm (gotta love rolling in those ingots!) and spent a good hour rescuing my tribemates from themselves.  "uhhhh I just downed this quetzal but I have no narcs on me....heyyyyyy... can you bring me some?  In like 5 minutes because I didn't notice until now?  Oh, and it's in the murder snow, so i'll need fur gear too, 'cause I'm dying..."  But yeah, building mostly.

I went after a 145 Event colored female Quetz on Saturday. She was beautiful Red, White and Black.  First spotted her by the Wyvern scar on Ragnarok, and spent the first 10 minutes trying to keep her from flying towards the murder snow, while I kept tranqing her. But eventually, she made a run for the snow, and would not turn back. I got her stuck in the side of a tiny cliff/hill in the snow. I scoped out the area, and there was nothing but pack of wolves in the area. So I killed them, and then went back to the Quetz (still stuck) to finish KO'ing it.

I finally got it knocked out,  I scan the area again, and the coast is clear as far as I can see. So I go over to the Griffin to grab some spike walls to put down, when suddenly I hear a Yuty roar ..... I look around and a Yuty comes out of the woods from far away, but chasing a a dino. The stupid galli runs directly at me and the quetz.,  now I had to make a choice to attack the Yuty, or try to put down the spike walls. I decided I had to divert the Yuty first, so I jump on my Griffin, but just as I do, the Yuty sees me, and roars. Well my Griffin of course freaks out, and it takes me on a wild ride. I gain control again, but I am not sure where I am (still in the murder snow) I circle back to where I thought I had dropped the Quetz, but cannot find either the Q or the Yuty. I then spent the next 25 minutes flying every inch of the snow region, and never found the either.  I was so freaking mad, that I rage quit. ??

• Sad 2

PS4 - Single Player - The Island

After a while, I got back on to ARK, but on a different map. I got on The Island on my single player game. I hadn't been on this character/map for months. Was flying around on a Ptera, when I came upon a building, then I realized it was my Thylacoleo breeding barn.  So I stop in, and took a while to re-acquaint myself with my breeders.  Then I remembered, that I was trying to get an all hot pink Thyla.  I had Pink Spine, and Pink Body, and Pink Belly, but was having trouble getting them all to combine.  Finally got that, but along the way, got multiple other color mutations and after hours of playing, so many Thylas, that my game was lagging. Got many colors and combinations, and am not finished.  Once I get that project done, I will spilt up the Thylas amongst my varies characters and maps, and kill of the remaining ones.

I then switched over to the Ragnarock Nitrado server that I had rage quit earlier in the day.  This time, I loaded up a bunch of my Tek Stegos, and a few other event colored dinos, and switched over to my Rag single player game.  down-loaded those dinos, and will eventually get them all organized into the barn I built last month. But since it is SP, I can leave them in the main yard for now, and they will be safe.

I did find and tame a all Red with grey spikes level 150 female Doed.  I will breed that with my level 145 All white with Red Spikes female, and hope to get all red on red.

Then I had to attend to other business the rest of the evening Saturday, so logged off for the weekend.

• Like 2

Went into the Caverns of Lost Hope with an Aquatic Army at my back,

10 Megalodons all Lvl 300+

10 Sarcos all Lvl 300+

10 Baryonyxs all Level 300+

We murdered everything in that cave.....until we swam around a corner and found ourselves facing a Level 140 Alpha Tuso.

Needlees to say we got rekt by the Alpha Tuso.

But we managed to kill it and retrieve the Artifact of the Cunning.

I left the cave with only 7 survivors. 3 Megalodons and 4 Baryonyxs.

• Sad 3

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server  - Aberration 

Went on the hunt in the blue zone.  No luck with any megas or shinehorns. Went back to base.

Decided to transfer across some high level dimorph eggs from Ragnarok. Hatched up the lot, kept 3 aside for breeding more eggs if need be and the other 10 will be my new dimorph attack squad. Want to see if I can use them to help me out in the glowtail cave to get some glowtails and even get to the artifact. Also bred up a few bulbdogs so I had a few disposable ones. Quickly built up a small dino barn to keep the dimorphs in as well as anything else I can fit in there.

Went back out to the blue zone. Still scouting out potential metal outposts but I appear to be a bit picky. Found a few likely contenders but still deciding on ot. On the way out of the blue zone I finally find a 135 female shinehorn, so I tamed it up and took it back to base. Back into the blue zone for more hunting. Wiped out all the shinehorns and megas I could find. Just as I gave up hope, again just before leaving the blue zone I stumbled into a 140 male mega. So I quickly got down the pitfall trap I had been carrying on the spino and lured the mega into the trap, knocked it out and waited for it to tame up with kibble. Took it back to base. Got lucky with the health with 8659.3 which is higher than I have with my current breeding pair. Unfortunatly the melee is only 296 but I guess I cant get lucky with all the stats lol. Now all I need to do is breed my new male with the female I have and get the good hp with the good melee into a new breeding pair. But thats for another night. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Xbox - Private Nitrado server - Ragnarok

Spent the last few days breeding some ravagers, therizinosaurus, and Bulldogs. Got some cool ravager mutations but not much else. 

Frustrated since my friend started breeding his mesopithecus and got 4 mutations out the 7 times he bred. 

He proceeded to tell me that I must not have bred much as he thinks that mutations are as common as he just got them. Grrr.

I want a full blue Bulbdog so bad.

• Like 4

Grinding mostly , got like 12k narco and 6k metal gonna trade most of the metal for a Griffin that's gonna be legit.

Found out how important lytros are now I have 3 of those adorable lil dudes

Aaaand copped a event sarco , homie looks like hes albino with red lipstick it's great lol

Need a fluffy rex now in event colours lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jerry25712 said:

I bred my gigas and got 41% imprint on the baby which is good for my first bred giga. I then farmed the snow cave again and got another ascendant pump action shotgun, some ascendant ghille armor and some saddles for creatures I dont have 

I also looted a red supply drop and got an ascendant assault rifle which had less dmg then my other one but more durability so Im using it

Didnt do much yesterday, logged on and sat around base checking out stats on bulbdogs and such, tamed a 145 the other night with 1.2k hp then on a chance, spotted a 150 bulbdog. I always spyglass the spinos and crabs outside my base, spyglassing a nice red low level crab spotted a 150 bulbdog behind it. Hopped on my crab and tamed it. All the stats are worse than mine except a small increase to charge regen.

Went and killed some stuff with my Mega. Cleared the river and went down to blue to clear some spawns. Found 2 of my ravagers and did a whole loop around the giant tree thingy. As I came back up there was a level 15 alpha crab near my base, so took it on with my Mega until I got grabbed off and killed :( No matter, its literally in front of my base. Jumped on a spino and jumped down, hopped onto my mega ahain and the spino helped me kill the crab..just as my nice personal bulbdog and one of the ravagers I found died..

This time I got element shards (@DJRone89 is this new? Killed two others and didnt get any before?) 

Bred a few bulbdogs and got another stat combined, level 255 max now should be able to get 257 before needing some more new blood. The total stats are a combination of over 20 140+ ravagers ive personally tamed (plus two my buddy tamed) 

• Like 2

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Decided it was about time to make a move to get down a metal farming outpost in the blue zone, so I started prepping for the build. Started off by transfering across some behomoth gates from Ragnarok, didnt fancy crafting up multiple gates with my current set up on Ab, the thatch would have been daunting. Crafted the rest of the structures on Abberation. Nearly lost my iguanodon when farming thatch when I missed (or rather I didnt) the beehive sitting behind a mushroom tree. Thankfully I was right next to base so managed to make it to a spino and whistle the iguanodon passive to get it away just in the nick of time, it was so low on health lol.

Hatched up 4 of the spare megalo eggs I had in the fridges, these are going to be the guard dogs for the metal outpost. Also bred some more bulbdogs for the light to keep the nameless away. Started stockpiling the next gen of megalo eggs to try and get the melee and hp stats I have into a breeding pair, didnt hatch any though, thats a problem for another day.

While I waited the final 20 mins on the megas maturation I went on the hunt for ravagers on the crab, but had trouble finding any at all never mind a high level. Found one pack but all low levels.

Hopefully next time I get on I can make a move on the metal outpost.

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server  - Aberration 

Saddled up the 4 megalosaurus and loaded them up and the spino with the structures needed to build my metal outpost in the blue zone. Made the journey to my chosen location without to much of a problem. Seemed safe enough so I put down the building and then the perimeter wall to keep various nastys out. Installed the basic forges and storages boxes and move the megas in to the safety of the build. Tamed a random low level shinehorn which was hanging around my build and its now taken up residence at the outpost.

On the way out of the blue zone I found a 145 anky, so I rushed back to base picked up taming supplies and jumped on the crab. Went back and picked up the anky (its friend didnt seem to concerned that I had abducted its mate) and got it into the nearest taming pen I had, knocked it out and kibbled it up. Took out a few nastys such as 3 rock drakes which were hanging a bit to close for comfort but I really was pushing this mid level crab to the limit with what it could take. Was eyeing up a high level rock drake and megalo when BANG disconect (love my internet at times). Logged back on to find the megalo mauling my face off. Just managed to get a neutral whistle off in time as I had whistled passive to tame the anky, before I died. Respawned, grabbed a spare bulbdog and got on my spino and naked rushed back to the blue zone. The megalo was giving my crab a right beating but I made it in time to save the crab and the othwr bulbdog. At this point the anky tamed up.

Then I took the crab and carried the anky and the spare bulbdog to the new metal outpost. Just as I renedered in the base my bulbdog alerted me to a max level creatures. To my joy a 150 male shinehorn was prancing around outside my perimeter wall. Thankfully I had z seeds on me so I tamed it up. Left the two bulbdogs and the anky at their new home. Hoped back on my crab with my new shinehorn and went back my base picking up my spino on the way back.

Bred the new 150 male shinehorn with the 130 I already had. Love shinehorns deffinatly my favourite lightpet, but my word they are annoying to breed, apparantly a 1x1 is too big a pen for  breeding. Also they all seem to be powered by sugary or caffeine filled drinks, charging around at light speed. Bred up two and the second kid got a charge capacity mutation so I was happy with that. While I waited for them to mature, I took the murder murder flock (i.e my dimorph flock) for a spin with the spino. They seemed to do very well, I just got a bit nervous whenever I targetd a dire bear. Got them all back to base safely and called it a night.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

Guest DJRone89
On 9/11/2018 at 6:02 PM, d1nk said:

Didnt do much yesterday, logged on and sat around base checking out stats on bulbdogs and such, tamed a 145 the other night with 1.2k hp then on a chance, spotted a 150 bulbdog. I always spyglass the spinos and crabs outside my base, spyglassing a nice red low level crab spotted a 150 bulbdog behind it. Hopped on my crab and tamed it. All the stats are worse than mine except a small increase to charge regen.

Went and killed some stuff with my Mega. Cleared the river and went down to blue to clear some spawns. Found 2 of my ravagers and did a whole loop around the giant tree thingy. As I came back up there was a level 15 alpha crab near my base, so took it on with my Mega until I got grabbed off and killed :( No matter, its literally in front of my base. Jumped on a spino and jumped down, hopped onto my mega ahain and the spino helped me kill the crab..just as my nice personal bulbdog and one of the ravagers I found died..

This time I got element shards (@DJRone89 is this new? Killed two others and didnt get any before?) 

Bred a few bulbdogs and got another stat combined, level 255 max now should be able to get 257 before needing some more new blood. The total stats are a combination of over 20 140+ ravagers ive personally tamed (plus two my buddy tamed) 

You should check the club from time to time ? All server updates are posted there. And yes I added element shards to the Aberration Alpha loot tables after learning they don’t drop any gear.

23 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You should check the club from time to time ? All server updates are posted there. And yes I added element shards to the Aberration Alpha loot tables after learning they don’t drop any gear.

You are right, I should. If i had wifi at work I would :) Im on an ancient data plan with a whopping 750MEGABYTES per month lol

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, d1nk said:

You are right, I should. If i had wifi at work I would :) Im on an ancient data plan with a whopping 750MEGABYTES per month lol

I only use the mobile app to copy links into the chat, most of the time it’s through the Xbox.

Spent most of the night breeding. I have too many stats stacking up from tames so needed to combine some to free up some space. Bred a bunch of spinos, combined my stats to a 227 baby, then got a purple/blue hp mut. Still have to combine my new tames' higher melee now, should push my spinos over 230. Really need to find some high hp tames.

Also worked on Ravagers. Finally combined all my current stats (9th gen now) and got a 259 born, kept trying to get a female of the same stats and got a red stam mut and a green body health mut. Puts my hp to 4000 exactly and now I have pure green ravagers. Once i combine the hp ill be pushing 262 hatch.

Found out last night while breeding spinos that things you kill with melee seem to be giving shoulder pets exp. Took a fresh bulbdog on my shoulder and killed spino babies to test while finding stats and got it over 30 levels. Finally a way to level em up!

Instead of killing all my high level ravageds I bred trying to get stats I took 8 of them (254-259 born) and made a tame group, just to mess about with a ravager pack. Saddled em all up and went to have some fun. Also found Saltire's blue base, ironically right near where i built before for metal, keeps me motivated to find a nice place in blue, going to try to get near the entrance to the path down to drakes.

Today after work im going to transfer my extra crab to Rag and build up a few behe gates there, thatch sucks on Ab right now :P 

• Like 4

Well I spent way too much time the last couple days looking for a Phoenix on Scorched. Heatwaves came, and I searched everywhere. No luck. So I said Ark It!, and I spawned one in. I have to say, I'm really not too impressed with it. slow, doesn't land, and aside from the nice fact that it cooks meat, I think it will just spend a lot of time sitting in my base as a nightlight.

I then transferred to Ragnarok, and promptly found and tamed a level 156 Tek Raptor male.  I'll breed him with the 174 feel I tamed last week. I also tamed a red on red level 145 Hyenadon, that was right outside my base as well. Got lucky twice with those tames.

Then I decided it was time to watch some Robot Chicken on the PS Vue.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

We farmed the artifact of the strong on Island (snow cave) wihtout dinos. Just 5 dudes an their guns… We built some high armor flax gear & Action pump guns (230% Damage) and alot of ammo, riot shieldes, some granades, medical brew etc. and cleared it all. The struggle was real, but boy we had some fun ?

• Like 4

Went yuty hunting , couldn't find one I love . Saw a really nice event saber at lvl 150 so I bolad her and filled her up with tranq,  then the bola wore off a crazy girl jumped off the cliff , I popped her once when she was midair,  homegirl was asleep by the time she hit the ground..named her trinity cause it reminded me of the matrix, and caught a event red tappy low level but looks g 

And grinding lots of grindimg

• Haha 1