So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Long day at work today so I apoologize for the worse than usual write up!

Tamed a before mentioned purple 130 crab. I love the crab's natural colours, theres a cyan-like one I really want, similar to its' blood colour. After that I found a 90 crab near and tamed that for Saltire. Once you got the trap established its sooo easy. Then bred up some Ravagers with intent on bringing a few to the surface. Pre-incubated some spino eggs to kill for leveling dinos (tribe exp) and accidently let 8 eggs hatch lol. Ended up getting an extra 2 levels via health mutation (second now) and imprinted that one. The first spino ive been able to get more than one imprint on.. I need to get kibble going here lol.

Went for a run about on a movespeed Ravager, loads of fun. Scouted out Saltire's base then returned home. As I arrived I noticed one of my spinos I set loose in the river (to keep crabs constantly spawning) was attacking a 150 Sarco. Ive been wanting one since TLC so grabbed it up.

Took the sarco, some prefabbed base bits and went to fertile lake to drop off the crab to Saltire and make a small pearl outpost. I only half finished it but afterwards it can serve as a spino trap as well.

Went back to base and prefabbed more stuff, grabbed an Anky, one Ravager and made a few rad suits and took off to build my outpost in the surface cave. After building a small hut out of the way, I realized building a ramp here will be extremely easy, as (unlike most Ab) you can actually build on the rock wall, good for pillar anchors. Ill build a ramp there in the next week.

Went up for my first time ever onto the surface with a speed Ravager. Didnt find a single drop and almost died by Reaper Kings. I got scared poopless by an Alpha reaper and ran. Jumped down and ran away. I was sitting outside the cave in Fertile tossing some bits out and the freaking reaper jumps up onto me. I take off running and it kept following me. Its somewhere between the river and lake.. 

I did some googling and apparently surface reapers despawn when lured so thankfully it should be gone. Sucker was hitting my ravager for 250+ each hit! Ill check next time im on with a Mega and see if hes there.

Im sure I forgot some things and if I remember ill throw an edit down below lol

• Like 3

PS4 - Nitrado server - Ragnarok

Tamed a level 130 Basil, that was swimming in shallow pond East of Viking Bay. It was surrounded by over a dozen high level Mantas, and I did die once trying to clear them out. They ripped thru my riot and scuba gear like it was tissue paper. When I first saw the Basil, I was totally out of Mutton, so I spent about 20 minutes searching for Ovis.  Found two different Gigas in the Highlands..... and a pack of 6 Allos all over level 100.  Thus explains the lack of Ovis.  Finally when I was about to give up, I found a small herd of 4-5 Ovis huddles near the top of a high peak. Killed the lowest level one, as I need to go back and tame the two Event colored ones that were also level 130 & 150; once I make up some Veggie Cakes.  Might be a problem, as I cannot get the Redwoods on Rag on this server to product sap. I'll try again ( I gave up on it back in July)

Returned to the shallow pool, and tamed up the Basil. He got a great bump in HP, so I level up his Melee and speed, so he can keep up with the rest of my Navy, when we go out.

No new color mutations on the ravagers, I did get another Neon green body baby, but I already have a low mutation count breeding pair of that color. (She-Hulk and Toxic Avenger)

Pretty uneventful besides that .... oh yeah, tamed a level 90 event Oviraptor male, I already had 2 females, so nice to get a male. Now I can breed them, and get a few more running around the base to encourage egg production.

Searched again for the event high level Tapejaras I saw over the weekend, but they were no where to be found. Really hope they didn't despawn. I did find a MC saddle for a Tape, so at least I'll be prepared.

I did have a weird experience. I was doing chores around my central base near the large bridge next to the canyons, and I get a death message that one of my Pteradons level 220 had died. I had hatched up some eggs over the weekend, and I left a set of triplet 220's sitting outside of my base, but near my Rex and Species X defenses.  I rush outside, and there lies dead one of the triplets. The one in the middle, and the other two looked A-ok.  There was no other dead bodies, and none of the Rexs had moved, so the best I can figure, is that the middle Ptera, somehow starved to death. even though the other two had plenty of food, plus a food bin was not far away. Oh well, I wasn't happy with that batch, so that is why I didn't move them into my flyer barn after hatching, so I'm not upset. Just thought it was weird, how only 1 of the triplets would be affected.

I have dinner meetings the next two nights, and then will be preparing for my FFL leagues draft on Sunday morning. Our 25th year of this league, so a neat milestone. I've have neglected to study up prior to the draft thus far, so Friday night and Saturday will be spent doing that, and preparing the food offering I am bringing to the draft for our potluck.

See you Dino-heads next week.

• Like 2

Didn't go so well in the cave of shadows yesterday with our 2 raised ravagers, it was the crabs and the baryonyx that eventually took us, we got all the way through (though next time we will be bringing some rockets) and were able to each grab an artifact but we were not able to get out. I had died at least twice trying to kill crabs it there, they pick you off your tames so quickly and have to sit there in its grasp and shotgun it to death, got lucky with the three before the artifact chamber as they were low levels, 20's or so, but on the return we were met with some newly spawned baryonyx in the water tunnels that destroyed us. The cindaria I thought were going to be bad but they die easily to crossbow and arrows, the barrys are just too fast to crossbow, they'd eventually dismount you and then theres not much you can do besides sit and watch your **** die. We crept through each area crossbowing and kiting as we went along, I don't think the strategy was wrong but just got excited once we had it and made a mad dash to get out not seeing the barrys in the deep area. We will try again this weekend, it says in the wiki that it is possible to raise drakes in the cave, and venom is not an issue as nameless spawn on command with no glow pet. We may try barryonyx aswell.  Any suggestions from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration 

Went on the hunt for a high level female bulbdog or a decent iguanodon again. No luck at all with the iguanodons, all lower than 40. As for the bulbdogs I had more luck. Had a hiccup with a 135 female where my spino hit it and it ran into a pack of raptors... Eventually found a 130 female chilling out in a creavas near the waterfalls near the glowtail cave so I tamed it up. Gave up on the hunt for the iguanodon.

Finally put down a pitfal trap down just outside my base. Means I can start taming things I can aggro much more easily. I dont need to worry about spinos as much now as I have a few but it would be great to start taming sone ravagers though ! 

• Like 2

I can fly!!! Man that’s cool!  I was prepared for another ptera but this was a Tapejara, which, when I spooked it from afar it went to the big rock outcropping on the South Island? I was able to sneak up on it pretty easy. That is the coolest bird, with the hover thing, but since I don’t have any comparable experience my opinion is pretty biased. I did have a ptera once, but it decided to occupy the space between my swinging metal hatchet and a rock: is that natural selection? Ha! Probably didn’t wanna breed that one anyway. And I learned to have them follow me from farther away. 

I’m lvl 50ish and finally have need of a second base. I have a few taming “camps” but need something more permanent for metal and crystal farming. I flew to frozen tooth and found a perch to get started. Watched a trio of male anklos defend themselves from a scorpion and a huge bird (argent maybe?). Figured that was my time to pounce but only knocked one of them out. Which was all premature because I wasn’t ready to do anything with him, but I can make kibble pretty quick so no big deal. Now I’m at home base and am excited to get back on and prepare for the next trip!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Went on the hunt for a high level female bulbdog or a decent iguanodon again. No luck at all with the iguanodons, all lower than 40. As for the bulbdogs I had more luck. Had a hiccup with a 135 female where my spino hit it and it ran into a pack of raptors... Eventually found a 130 female chilling out in a creavas near the waterfalls near the glowtail cave so I tamed it up. Gave up on the hunt for the iguanodon.

Finally put down a pitfal trap down just outside my base. Means I can start taming things I can aggro much more easily. I dont need to worry about spinos as much now as I have a few but it would be great to start taming sone ravagers though ! 

Use your crab for taming passives dude! Grab bulbdog in claws, walk on claws ans tame.

Always hold in left claw. Right claw alwaya clips tames on structures while left does not. Ill usually crab my crab, jump in base with something I want to tranq and tranq it while its in clawa then it just falls down unconcious ;) 

Wow so many spelling errors im not even going to edit em out!  Im impressed.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Use your crab for taming passives dude! Grab bulbdog in claws, walk on claws ans tame.

Always hold in left claw. Right claw alwaya clips tames on structures while left does not. Ill usually crab my crab, jump in base with something I want to tranq and tranq it while its in clawa then it just falls down unconcious ;) 

Wow so many spelling errors im not even going to edit em out!  Im impressed.

Oh yeah. Should have done that with the iguanodon tame lol. Might have to try it with a few ravagers.

Ah that might explain a lot. Had trouble in the past with that. I must automatically use the right claw being that I am right handed lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Glentavious said:

I can fly!!! Man that’s cool!  I was prepared for another ptera but this was a Tapejara, which, when I spooked it from afar it went to the big rock outcropping on the South Island? I was able to sneak up on it pretty easy. That is the coolest bird, with the hover thing, but since I don’t have any comparable experience my opinion is pretty biased. I did have a ptera once, but it decided to occupy the space between my swinging metal hatchet and a rock: is that natural selection? Ha! Probably didn’t wanna breed that one anyway. And I learned to have them follow me from farther away. 

I’m lvl 50ish and finally have need of a second base. I have a few taming “camps” but need something more permanent for metal and crystal farming. I flew to frozen tooth and found a perch to get started. Watched a trio of male anklos defend themselves from a scorpion and a huge bird (argent maybe?). Figured that was my time to pounce but only knocked one of them out. Which was all premature because I wasn’t ready to do anything with him, but I can make kibble pretty quick so no big deal. Now I’m at home base and am excited to get back on and prepare for the next trip!

Get your self an Argentavis ..... build a trap with pillars and a dino gate.  Make the dino chase you (kite) it into the trap, close door and tame it. You will love have an Argent .... 

Easiest way is to use a Ptera to kite it to the trap, as a Ptera can fly thru the piller gaps, but a Argent can't.  Tame multiple Argents. Level some up in Melee and health. A few more in weight and Stamina, and you have a protection and a resource gathering detail. Plus the Argent can carry the Anklo!

You can use your Tapejara to tame a Quetz when you are ready.

Keep up the good work!  (well except for the hacking your Ptera to death part ? )

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

Just logged in to check last night, didnt have time to play. As I logged in one of my bulbdogs killed a paracertherium! It was my main bulbdog too, he's sitting at 11k exp total lol.. I dont know how killing a pacer gave him 26 levels ontop but I wont argue. Now hes sitting with sweet sweet 4.5k charge cap lol

He shall be named accordingly and given the finest bulbdog ladies to celebrate

• Haha 3

Just a quick one tonight, too tired after a long day. Went out on a hunt for iguanodon again, this time I took out the crab. Iguanodon after iguanodon and all I could find was low levels. Just as I was about to give up I find a level 115, so I scoop it up and carry it back to base before knocking it out and taming it.

Went out looking for ravagers. Love taking out entire packs with the karkinos. One in each claw and batter them a few times and move on to the next one. Found a lonely 145 but before I could get to it, it picked a fight with a dire bear and lost. Eventually found a 120 male. I just casually strolled up to it and walked off with it in the crabs claws, its pack mates didnt seem to care that I  came along and just walked off with their pack leader. Got it to a safe place by my base and knocked it out and tamed it. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was on for a bit last night. Went out for my usual 'just got on dino massacre' and half way through it found a 140 femalw ravager. Took her back to tame, along the way saw a 140 bulbdog, grabbed that too. The ravager rolled with higher hp and stam then my line, bulbdog with high charge.

Tamed a 130 abb dire bear outside my base then started breeding bulbdogs and ravagers. Our bulbdogs were 241 hatch prior to this, after combining in the new charge cap theyre 244. The ravagers started around 225 and after my breeding marathon got them to 245 hatch. Need to find some better melee for ravagers and keep looking for bulbdog stats.

• Like 3

Spent last night breeding my Ravagers again. Combined all my stats to 250 birth and then got melee and weight mutations. Set up my ravagers to breed and went to make dinner..

Queue 2 hours later when I remembered I left my xbox on. I came back to my breeding pen stuffed with over 50 ravagers. They were wild breeding and I spent an hour claiming and killing them. Got some mutations out of it and some new high levels, 254 birth and even a 256 but accidently killed it :( 

Logged off and watched the first Tomb Raider with the wife (that shower scene..) 

Got on for a bit later, had a lot of extra ravagers I didnt kill so I set up a tame group of 9 ravagers and took em down for a massacre of blue zone. I spent a few hours killing everything, I was very surprised that the pack unsaddled took down everything and only one loss. There should be a lot of Mega spawns now, killed over 20.

When I got back up to fertile I set the pack on wander and aggresive and let them free. My wandering spino has been doing great, keeping spawns fresh. These will do even better!

Got back to base and expanded a little, gated off a side yard, set up some plantx and aggressive dimos/bear tether. Moved all my breeder spinos over there and rearranged my base a bit.  Its getting too big and ive been getting kicked upon login so this will help with that a lot.

• Like 1

Started of by going out on the crab once again to look for some high level ravagers with no luck at all. All really low levels.

Did a bit of resource gathering and crafted up some pitfall traps to install on certain places. Decided it was about time to go exploring in the blue zone on my spino and I crafted up a hazard suit just for protection against the shrooms. Was out looking for high level megalosauruses and shinehorn as well as scouting out a potential place to install a metal mining outpost. Unfortunately I forgot the Z seeds but didnt find any high level shinehorns anyway.

Killed of a bunch of low level megas and eventually found a 125 males. Its a bit lower than I would like but its a good start to the mega taming, so I put down a trap close by the mega. Kiting the thing all the way to the trap was a little bit scary and really did get the blood pumping as I did it on foot. It got a few good hits on me and I was lucky its didnt try a grab attack as it would have just shredded me and my bulbdog. Got it in the trap and downed it. Tamed it up with kibble, yet it still took ages even with the boosted rates. Towed it back to base and called it a night.

• Like 2

Did the usual metal farm (gotta love rolling in those ingots!) and spent a good hour rescuing my tribemates from themselves.  "uhhhh I just downed this quetzal but I have no narcs on me....heyyyyyy... can you bring me some?  In like 5 minutes because I didn't notice until now?  Oh, and it's in the murder snow, so i'll need fur gear too, 'cause I'm dying..."  But yeah, building mostly.

• Haha 3

Took the new bred basi out for it's first spin - 40K HP and 500 melee atm.

Killed an Alpha squid with a lot of help from an alliance member - got attacked by an alpha shark at the same time - got 5 levels on the basi and 75 black pearls.

Also raising a pig - should be a good breeder stat wise.

Also raising another bary baby.

• Like 1