So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

5 hours ago, Kimodo said:

I've been busy with work all week so I haven't had much time in ARK other than to keep everything fed. I did manage to go out wyvern egg hunting with two clan-mates Friday. Had a great time with a few disasters but we managed to get a trio of eggs. One took home a 85 lightning wyvern egg, the other got a 175 lightning wyvern egg and I took the consolation prize of a 20 poison wyvern egg. I figured I already had one wyvern so I'd take the weakest one. Turns out they're both jealous now of this guy. I named him Anthrax.

1329033219_Anthrax1.thumb.jpg.11732e97d43609858ed6e7a54aa6fae7.jpg

Like your name \m/ 

• Thanks 1

I've been sitting on that 160 poison egg and decided it was time to get some milk and raise this. I took my imprinted ptera, my spare griffin and flew to my scar outpost. I set up my auto, fixed the plants and did a quick look, a 50 female poison right near. Lured it towards the trap which was quite far from my outpost and my plants killed it. I was glad it was so effective but didnt want to ruin the trap so I set them on low and went to test it out. 

I went into the scar and grabbed the first egg near, luring them all to my kill box and they got taken care of quite easily. I went back in and grabbed all the eggs around, including another 160 poison. As I went up into the upper portion I lured a few more drags on me, few close calls with a 175 lightning but they all got slaughtered. I even trapped a few in the trap, knocked em out and ate them with my griffin for exp. I saw a few nice low level event coloured Wyverns and cleared the scar of wyverns again before leaving, hopefully we see some nice ones.

Got my milk, went home and raised my Poison while making dinner then logged

• Like 4

Finally, after 2 months of planning, gathering resources (SP) and building, my giant pilar was complete!

It was meant to support a staircase for a build.

It had like 200 stone pilars, was built thanks to portable rope ladders.

AAAND IT DIDNT WORK

IT CONNECTED TO THE GROUND
BUT THE STUFF ABOVE IT STILL SAYS "N O N E A R B Y F O U N D A T I O N S U P P O R T"

There is not a single reason for it to not work.

There is no hole in it.

It connects to the ground.

It connetcts to that wall I wanted to extend off.

But it just DOESN'T.

What a waste of 200 pilars. And like 2 months. And a bunch of rope ladders.

Fix your game, WC.

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Started off the night searching for a high level male spino in the central canyons. After clearing the canyon of spinos a few times with my wyvern I found a 140 male. Despite being at the opposite end of the canyon I managed to kite it to my spino trap, downed it and tamed it. Quickly flew back to base picked up a spino saddle and returned to the newly tamed spino via glide suit and walked the spino back to base.

After that I went back onto the hunt for a female oviraptor for megalo kibble. Found one nearby and took it back to my taming trap and downed it. At this point I found another female right outside the trap so got that into the trap too l, downed that one aswell and left both to tame up.

Started breeding spinos in anticipation of the season server on the cluster changing to Aberation. I plan to use the spinos to help me get a foothold on Aberattion but after that they wont be much use as I will have to tame native aberant spinos which will be resistant to radiation. Put a clutch of eggs down on the incubator and started breeding the two new oviraptors with my kibble barn male to get some eggs for megalosaur taming on Aberattion. Hatched up all the spino eggs and kept 4 hatchlings with the best stats. 3 males and a female. The female had a melee mutation but of course it got the lowest parent stats, but it did come with a nice lightish blue sail. Was at this point I realised I had forgotten about the oviraptors and realised the eggs started to hatch... that could have been bad lol. So I had to deal with a few stray baby oviraptors. Once I dealt with that, I fully imprinted the spinos apart from the female which gave me a bit of bother with a walk so missed out on an imprint. Not too much of a hassle really as I plan to start a new character on Aberattion rather than risk a character transfer so the imprints were only really for an increase in stats. Finished of by cooking up a ton of oviraptor kibble with the eggs that didnt end up hatching lol.

• Like 4

Didnt do much, logged on briefly to just check on the base and take my new wyvern out for a level.up.

My buddy joined my tribe so he's been busy doing his thing. Its nice logging into someone online :P We've put over 3000h into the game together so its also nice getting my friend back into it. This weekend I get an extra day of gaming o/ yay for stat holidays every month :P Ill be finishing my theriz line this weekend and plan to get a real nice wyvern.

• Like 3

SP, ps4

so my noob-self and noob-7 yr old were noobin it up last night, just farming some rocks, and we ran across an alpha raptor eating something. This was probably the first time I saw something new to me and didn’t pause the game and look it up on gamepedia...and we paid for it. 

So we’re each on trikes, have our parasaurs (which he loves), I have 3 lvl 20+ Dilos and a teen lvl carno that I lucked upon. I see that alpha is distracted and start pumping it with tranq arrows. About the time I see nothing is happening, this thing and my carno tie up like a couple of pit bulls! Fast man, in the blink of an eye they’ve already made it behind one of these big boulders. My son panics (Ark has made this kid throw down his controller and run across the room) and whistles....something. The only tame that follows me into the fight is that dang parasaur. I dismounted the trike to help with my pike, but it availed us nothing. Right after I died Cayli the carno bit the dust, then Redfin the parasaur. 

He ruberbanded back to base with me, freaked out again, and had to listen to me gripe the whole walk back. I mounted and fixed all the whistle commands, then promptly dispatched the offending alpha, since now everyone was on the same page. 

This one burned for a bit...but lesson(s) learned. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Glentavious said:

SP, ps4

so my noob-self and noob-7 yr old were noobin it up last night, just farming some rocks, and we ran across an alpha raptor eating something. This was probably the first time I saw something new to me and didn’t pause the game and look it up on gamepedia...and we paid for it. 

So we’re each on trikes, have our parasaurs (which he loves), I have 3 lvl 20+ Dilos and a teen lvl carno that I lucked upon. I see that alpha is distracted and start pumping it with tranq arrows. About the time I see nothing is happening, this thing and my carno tie up like a couple of pit bulls! Fast man, in the blink of an eye they’ve already made it behind one of these big boulders. My son panics (Ark has made this kid throw down his controller and run across the room) and whistles....something. The only tame that follows me into the fight is that dang parasaur. I dismounted the trike to help with my pike, but it availed us nothing. Right after I died Cayli the carno bit the dust, then Redfin the parasaur. 

He ruberbanded back to base with me, freaked out again, and had to listen to me gripe the whole walk back. I mounted and fixed all the whistle commands, then promptly dispatched the offending alpha, since now everyone was on the same page. 

This one burned for a bit...but lesson(s) learned. 

I have thousands of hours into this game, and I still do something Nooby every week!  Hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game.  

Not sure what map you are on, but if you can get your soon a shoulder pet like a Jerboa , Dimorph or Vulture, he might like that.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mensana21 said:

Hello guys,
What server are you playing on ? Would someone here take me in their tribe ? I play on Mobile, and I'm level 70 in single player mode. I would really love to join a tribe. My Survivor name is Mensana. 

I can say with almost 100% certainty that none of the regular stories here are on Mobile. We dont like that version up in these parts!! 

(Just kidding, I wouldn't play mobile personally.. I already play on an inferior system.. Console)

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I have thousands of hours into this game, and I still do something Nooby every week!  Hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game.  

Not sure what map you are on, but if you can get your soon a shoulder pet like a Jerboa , Dimorph or Vulture, he might like that.

We play the regular island map; all settings and stuff are just factory, out of the box settings. 

That’s a good idea. Maybe we’ll get him one of those monkeys I’ve seen walking around. Thanks man. 

The Island

My Coworker had no time this week. So i feed the Dinos and build a 2nd floor on the Mini Cabin from 4 x 2. Crafted some Pillars and placed them towards the country. The first 30 Meter i could only place them on the 4 walls apart, there are to many pillars at the beach. But after the 30 Meters i could expanse in both Directions. So we will be able to make a nice base. In the House we have now 2 female Dodos and 1 male. I tamed more Dilos. Now there are 2 female and 1 male. I hope i can tame here 20 Dilos. I want a good Dilo Egg farm to tame much Aberration Ankylos.

Aberration

Found at the Weekend a Red White Level 85 Basilisk. I tried the taming with 4 Stone Gates again. This time i knew i had to wait 3,30 Minutes for each Rock Drake Egg to be eaten. He ate 4 Eggs and was tamed. Boring to wait but one of the easiest tames if u sit on a Rock Drake and let the eggs drop next to the Basilisk. The few bites u get from the Basilisk dont knock the Drake out. Then i tamed 2 x Level 85 Crabs (will use them on other Servers as Transporters). And tamed a Level 130 Crab. The 14 female Carbonemys drop enough Eggs at the week so i can tame every Weekend more Crabs. Must be 19 Crabs at the Moment. I think i have a taming problem again. Tamed 2 Lystro cause they are red.

From my favorite Tribe i traded a normal Ankylo, still no one has Aberration Variants. But the Ankylo has about 400 Melee, much higher then my 250 Melee Aberration Variants. Until i get good Aberration Variants i will breed him so i can use them on every Server. Cause i think i will play in Future a little bit more on the Island. Dilo Farm and maybe Fighting some Bosses. I want for my Aberration Char the Tek Troughs.

PS_Messages_20180828_202916.jpg

• Like 4

Had a goal last night, grind for my grinder (hah) 

Before I started I wanted to flesh out an expansion to my base, an area to house the grinder and future Tek Replicator and whatnot. I have an area beside my main building that I extended via cliff platforms, demolished those and made two metal cliff platforms for the future crafting room base. Snapped a side room ontop and just placed a few walls and foundations for now, snapped electricity all throughout then went off on a big metal / material run.

Started off getting a few thousand paste from dams, then back to get my ankys and quetz for a giant metal run. Hit up the whole canyon for metal, ice cave, volcano for crystal and obsidian cave for .. obsidian. Got back with over 6k worth of ingots and made 1400 polymer. 

My tribemate and I figured we needed a desert outpost for easier crystal, access to the desert and whatnot. Took my wyvern t the desert crystal cave, real neat if you havent been there. Then we scouted out a spot and I went back to make my Grinder. As soon as that was placed, with some storage vaults, ground up a few thousand wood to level up a few tames. I also gathered everything for A Tek Replicator. 

This weekend maybe if @DJRone89 is up to it I can convert some of my element shards to element in his replicator? :) Plan to make most of the useful Tek this weekend in preperation for Aberration and general badassery

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest DJRone89

@d1nk I’m still on leave from work until Monday so just message me whenever as I can play later in the day/night than usual.

Map rotation time :)

Aberration has now switched back into rotation so I had a little play on there. Didn’t achieve a lot but managed to find a lost Spino and pick out a 145 and 150 Mega for future taming.

Also, started a new character on The Center map as that has switched into play. Died repeatedly but I’m now cowering in one of the southern jungle ruins until I can figure out a good starting point. Raptor pouncing has brought a whole new level of difficulty to the early game, and I love it.

30 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

@d1nk I’m still on leave from work until Monday so just message me whenever as I can play later in the day/night than usual.

Map rotation time :)

Aberration has now switched back into rotation so I had a little play on there. Didn’t achieve a lot but managed to find a lost Spino and pick out a 145 and 150 Mega for future taming.

Also, started a new character on The Center map as that has switched into play. Died repeatedly but I’m now cowering in one of the southern jungle ruins until I can figure out a good starting point. Raptor pouncing has brought a whole new level of difficulty to the early game, and I love it.

Sweet! Eek didnt realize itd rotate so soon ill get on Ab this weekend :)

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration

Aberration Day One. Been looking forward to the season server on the cluster rotating to Aberration. Realy have missed Aberration and I am glad to get back on the map. Needless to say I died alot. Mostly trying to find and get to a loot drop to access the stuff I had tried to transfer from Ragnarok but to my disgust it turns out all the loot crates need to be level 35 to be accessible. Oh well not to worry, means I get to enjoy early game aberration for much longer. The main goal of this play through will be to get stuff like rock drakes and reapers for the main Ragnarok server. Would love to get breeding pairs of all the light pets too. Ultimate goal would be to take on Rockwell but we shall see how it goes. 

So I started to progress. Got a small starter shack down where I plan to build my main base. Going to build where I built on my last play through on Aberration, its reasonably 'safe' with good access to river rocks for early game metal and a gas vein nearby for when I can get a gas collector down. Died alot trying to make sure the place was reasonably safe from aggressive dinos, but eventually managed it by kiting the larger stuff to territorial herbys and just arrowing the smaller stuff to death.

Got a forge together and enough metal to craft up metal tools. Then spammed wooden foundations to level up quickly and to map out where the main structure wil go. Got to about level 31 before logging of for the night.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Aberration

Aberration Day One. Been looking forward to the season server on the cluster rotating to Aberration. Realy have missed Aberration and I am glad to get back on the map. Needless to say I died alot. Mostly trying to find and get to a loot drop to access the stuff I had tried to transfer from Ragnarok but to my disgust it turns out all the loot crates need to be level 35 to be accessible. Oh well not to worry, means I get to enjoy early game aberration for much longer. The main goal of this play through will be to get stuff like rock drakes and reapers for the main Ragnarok server. Would love to get breeding pairs of all the light pets too. Ultimate goal would be to take on Rockwell but we shall see how it goes. 

So I started to progress. Got a small starter shack down where I plan to build my main base. Going to build where I built on my last play through on Aberration, its reasonably 'safe' with good access to river rocks for early game metal and a gas vein nearby for when I can get a gas collector down. Died alot trying to make sure the place was reasonably safe from aggressive dinos, but eventually managed it by kiting the larger stuff to territorial herbys and just arrowing the smaller stuff to death.

Got a forge together and enough metal to craft up metal tools. Then spammed wooden foundations to level up quickly and to map out where the main structure wil go. Got to about level 31 before logging of for the night.

o/ Ab. Community crab traps and tame pens \o/ Is the map fresh or the old map from prior rotations? Ill see you there this weekend! We're gonna prep for a bit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

o/ Ab. Community crab traps and tame pens \o/ Is the map fresh or the old map from prior rotations? Ill see you there this weekend! We're gonna prep for a bit

Am already planning for those. I am all about those community builds and traps. Going to have a spino trap at the fertile lake and planning on a few small megalo pitfalls in the blue zone too. I need to do some planning and research on the crab traps, last one was just my standard trap with a tower for the cannon but it didnt really work that well.

The map would be fresh I think. I already have stuff waiting for me in transfer, if I could just hit level 35 and access the loot crates lol

32 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am already planning for those. I am all about those community builds and traps. Going to have a spino trap at the fertile lake and planning on a few small megalo pitfalls in the blue zone too. I need to do some planning and research on the crab traps, last one was just my standard trap with a tower for the cannon but it didnt really work that well.

The map would be fresh I think. I already have stuff waiting for me in transfer, if I could just hit level 35 and access the loot crates lol

Make your way to the portal and use the trans. Were about to spawn there shorty and start the move. Save a few spino eggs on rag for me :) Got some bears if you want for ab

• Like 1

ive not yet gone on today but........ Myself and my tribe mate have been on hol for 2 weeks.

we have a casual gamer friend (not the most reliable in hindsight) who has said he will pop on just to keep everything ticking over and alive. All our other regular gamer friends were either unavailable or on hol too! the joys of school holidays and having kids i suppose.

Thing is, what is going to be left when i go on later???????? im not sure i want to go on!!!!

oh well eh. we have started over about 6 times before!lol. Lets see.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Make your way to the portal and use the trans. Were about to spawn there shorty and start the move. Save a few spino eggs on rag for me :) Got some bears if you want for ab

Wait what ? You can do that at portal ? Yeah I'll save a few eggs for you and I wont say no to a dire bear :) thanks :)

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Wait what ? You can do that at portal ? Yeah I'll save a few eggs for you and I wont say no to a dire bear :) thanks :)

When Ab first came into rotation, the server was full - because no one could leave lol. I made the decision to build a communal transmitter and replicator next to our outpost. I’ll be doing the same on Extinction.

Xbox private Nitrado server (Ragnarok) - PVP/PVE mix (my friends and I play on it for fun, but have competitions)

Been a long time since I posted anything on here. Took a long (probably about 8 months) break from Ark.

Let's see. 2 days ago, began working on a breeding building. Built an 8 by 15 foundation breeding building,  three stories. First story is a mass hatching area and has 6 rooms for breeding dinos that can fit 2 in a 2 by 2 room. 1 room (3x3) for larger creatures. Ramp going to second floor, generator and food troughs underneath. Second story, more rooms for 2 by 2 creatures, another for 3 by 3, bunch of wooden cages for shoulder mounts, 1 by 1s for shoulder mounts. Another hatching room (smaller). Third floor is egg and food storage and relaxation. Outside, I have set up dino gate and behemoth dino gate rooms for breeding larger creatures, and have walled this all in with exterior behemoth gates.

Yesterday-

Went out hunting for wyvern eggs. Got a 190 ice, 180 fire, 175 poison and 160 lightning. Few other smaller eggs. Almost died like 30 times.

Finished the farm.

Today's goal -

Begin breeding, hatch the wyverns (may wait until tomorrow), begin working on a mass storage base for all of our dinos (building and behemoth gate "circles").

Edited by SCORCH
Missed Parentheses.
  • Like 4

On 8/28/2018 at 9:27 PM, Glentavious said:

We play the regular island map; all settings and stuff are just factory, out of the box settings. 

That’s a good idea. Maybe we’ll get him one of those monkeys I’ve seen walking around. Thanks man. 

I would suggest a Dimorph, as they can help defend you, if you get attacked.  Try to find a high level flying around the redwood beaches, and bola it. Then tranq it  to tame.  Becareful, if there are other Dimorphs close by, they will attack you. Boost their HP & Melee after taming.  They are easier to tame than Monkeys, and provide better protection.