So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

10 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Started of by going out and harvesting some resources. Really needed to stock up on metal and crystal. So took out the poison wyvern and the anky and farmed up the metal nodes in the central canyon and filled up the industrial forge and let it cook up. Then went to my favourite crystal spawn near the desert and farmed up all the crystal.

Then moved on to the fun stuff. Went out on the fire wyvern into the snow cave to hit up the drops without much luck. Then decided to hit up some ice wyvern eggs. Again not much luck only found 2 eggs in total one of which spoiled instantly. Annoyingly I found a 175 wild wyvern but not the egg, the nest being occupied by a low level egg (the one which spoiled). Tried losing it in the trees and came back later but still no luck. Moved onto the desert drops and had more luck. Mostly junk realy but found a new ascendant crossbow blueprint which is much bettet than my old bp and better than the premade one I found on the last trip round the desert. Then flew back to base making a slight detour past a few of the ice wyvern nest in the hope some had spawned but nothing again. 

I have had TERRIBLE luc kthe last few weeks looking for Ice Wyvern eggs ..... I too am seeing high level wyverns, but the few nests that render are always low level. Lately, just finding a SINGLE nest is a chore. I have all the coordinates, and GPS, but they just are not there on a regular basis.  The Desert loot drops are another problem area for me. I spend 30 minutes flying all over the desert (more like skimming the desert surface) and I never find the loot drops.  I'm on a PS4 - private Nitrado server. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I have had TERRIBLE luc kthe last few weeks looking for Ice Wyvern eggs ..... I too am seeing high level wyverns, but the few nests that render are always low level. Lately, just finding a SINGLE nest is a chore. I have all the coordinates, and GPS, but they just are not there on a regular basis.  The Desert loot drops are another problem area for me. I spend 30 minutes flying all over the desert (more like skimming the desert surface) and I never find the loot drops.  I'm on a PS4 - private Nitrado server. 

I know the feeling. While I do have all the ice wyvern egg locations I dont nessesarily know where the nest is precisely because I dont hunt them that often. I guess its a case of constantly trying to clear the nests and wyverns.

Thankfully I have no difficulty with the desert drops, I have all the locations on my mini map and more conviently other people on the server have built small spawn points right next to the drops so if i find the huts I find the drops if they have spawned. Takes me about 5 minutes to go around them all.

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I know the feeling. While I do have all the ice wyvern egg locations I dont nessesarily know where the nest is precisely because I dont hunt them that often. I guess its a case of constantly trying to clear the nests and wyverns.

Thankfully I have no difficulty with the desert drops, I have all the locations on my mini map and more conviently other people on the server have built small spawn points right next to the drops so if i find the huts I find the drops if they have spawned. Takes me about 5 minutes to go around them all.

A small trick you may or may not know. Works for all dragonoids (drakes, wyverns, ice wyverns) 

Say you want the egg nest above frozen lake to spawn, keeps giving low eggs. Kill that wyvern, find a suitable high level ice wyv (doesnt have to be female, tested this) and drag it to around that nest. Leave render, come back and there ahould be an egg from that wyvern in that nest. If not, derender, wait (30 min~) and check again. When you steal the egg try not to lure the wyv too far then just check back 15-30 mins later.. voila. Exact same egg. Same stats etc. Repeat as long as you want. It works in scar too but theres a lot more wyverns and possible nest spawns.

One stipulation i would try to meet.. its best if the wyvern egg you want to spawn actually spawns there naturally instead of dragged over (so keep killing until you get a high lvl spawn) i have done it both ways but the dragged wyv seems to despawn randomly so its not as effective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, d1nk said:

A small trick you may or may not know. Works for all dragonoids (drakes, wyverns, ice wyverns) 

Say you want the egg nest above frozen lake to spawn, keeps giving low eggs. Kill that wyvern, find a suitable high level ice wyv (doesnt have to be female, tested this) and drag it to around that nest. Leave render, come back and there ahould be an egg from that wyvern in that nest. If not, derender, wait (30 min~) and check again. When you steal the egg try not to lure the wyv too far then just check back 15-30 mins later.. voila. Exact same egg. Same stats etc. Repeat as long as you want. It works in scar too but theres a lot more wyverns and possible nest spawns.

One stipulation i would try to meet.. its best if the wyvern egg you want to spawn actually spawns there naturally instead of dragged over (so keep killing until you get a high lvl spawn) i have done it both ways but the dragged wyv seems to despawn randomly so its not as effective. 

I did try this with the 175 but its hard to unagrro it once you steal an egg. Thought I managed to lose it in the vicinity of the nest and went back a few times to check for the egg and nothing :(

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, d1nk said:

I'll have to try this.  Last night I flew the whole frozen area looking for nests and eggs. Killed a 160 Ice Wyvern, but the nest it was next to had a level 20 egg! :(

I then went thru the Wyvern scar on Rag, and using my tank wyvern, I cleared out nearly all the wyverns, including some GORGEOUS event colored Lightning & Fire Wyverns that were level 170-190. I checked every nest, and none of those high level wyverns had eggs! the highest level I found was a level 60. So frustrating to do so much work, come so close to death, and get crappy eggs as a result. I can't even breed in the event colors to my high level wyverns because you can't breed the wyverns on console.

At least I have more eggs to use if I want to tame snakes, or level up other dinos.

Also last night, guess what?  I tamed up another Tek Stego! I know, surprise, surprise! lol. I think I have 30 of them now...... I really have a problem.

• Like 2

Tamed 2 more Tek Stegos and a Tek Raptor .... I am addicted to TEK

Flew the whole Rag map, saw zero Tek Rexs, and got no new color mutations in my ravager breeding pens.

Tamed a level 145 All red female Ptera, with good Melee, and will add to the breeding pool.

not much else last night. Seeing a bunch of event colored Spinos, but always low low level.

• Like 5

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Started of by farming up more metal, taking the wyvern and anky in to the central canyon and then onto the metal cave on the west coast and filled up the indy forge. Going to need a lot of metal as I have started to build metal structures in anticipation of the season server on the cluster changing from Scorched to Aberation. 

Then did a little bit of drop hunting with no luck. Also dropped by where I saw the 175 Ice wyvern a few nights ago on the off chance there was an egg but not even a nest.

Then did a little bit of breeding, which I didnt mean to take up the entire night but of course it did lol. Started of by hatching up some of the eggs I got from when me and @d1nk did some theri breeding. No real luck but got a male with the good hp and melee stat so I kept that just in case. Also hatched an egg of triplets with the good melee stat and an acceptable colour combo. So I kept the triplets together and fully imprinted them fir general use. Now I have Theri, Zino and Saur :D Two shall be used for harvesting with one leveled in delicate harvesting and the other leveled in power harvesting. The third shall be used for general badassery. 

Then I started on the rexs.... which is what took most of the night. All I needed to do was hatch the male with the good melee stat but that took some time, I was also aiming for a higher level male to have all of the stats. Got a few colour mutations which was cool but didnt keep any, even including a cool neon green belly contrasting nicely with the blue which pained me to kill it. Hatched up a pair of high level triplets which for sure had a male with the stats... but no all three were female but I kept them as the new females for breeding as they were a higher level than the current female. Finally got a highish level male with the high melee stats. I kept going for a bit longer incase of anything higher then of course Ark throws the spanner in the works to my breeding plans and throws me a health mutation... lol. My current health is 9.2k and with this mutation I am now up to 9.6K. I guess if I cant find a wild rex with higher stats than I have at least I have started to stack mutations lol. I just wasnt planning on doing it this soon. I just wanted a clean base breeding pair and to keep taming to see if I couldnt find one higher. 

Then I had an attempt to find a high level male spino near the spino trap in the central canyons, to go with my female. I killed a few 130 and 140 females but no luck with any males. Maybe next time. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Started of by farming up more metal, taking the wyvern and anky in to the central canyon and then onto the metal cave on the west coast and filled up the indy forge. Going to need a lot of metal as I have started to build metal structures in anticipation of the season server on the cluster changing from Scorched to Aberation. 

Then did a little bit of drop hunting with no luck. Also dropped by where I saw the 175 Ice wyvern a few nights ago on the off chance there was an egg but not even a nest.

Then did a little bit of breeding, which I didnt mean to take up the entire night but of course it did lol. Started of by hatching up some of the eggs I got from when me and @d1nk did some theri breeding. No real luck but got a male with the good hp and melee stat so I kept that just in case. Also hatched an egg of triplets with the good melee stat and an acceptable colour combo. So I kept the triplets together and fully imprinted them fir general use. Now I have Theri, Zino and Saur :D Two shall be used for harvesting with one leveled in delicate harvesting and the other leveled in power harvesting. The third shall be used for general badassery. 

Then I started on the rexs.... which is what took most of the night. All I needed to do was hatch the male with the good melee stat but that took some time, I was also aiming for a higher level male to have all of the stats. Got a few colour mutations which was cool but didnt keep any, even including a cool neon green belly contrasting nicely with the blue which pained me to kill it. Hatched up a pair of high level triplets which for sure had a male with the stats... but no all three were female but I kept them as the new females for breeding as they were a higher level than the current female. Finally got a highish level male with the high melee stats. I kept going for a bit longer incase of anything higher then of course Ark throws the spanner in the works to my breeding plans and throws me a health mutation... lol. My current health is 9.2k and with this mutation I am now up to 9.6K. I guess if I cant find a wild rex with higher stats than I have at least I have started to stack mutations lol. I just wasnt planning on doing it this soon. I just wanted a clean base breeding pair and to keep taming to see if I couldnt find one higher. 

Then I had an attempt to find a high level male spino near the spino trap in the central canyons, to go with my female. I killed a few 130 and 140 females but no luck with any males. Maybe next time. 

Ooh spino trap ill have to use that :) Dying for a badarse black and red one! I should be on tonight and plan to finish the zinos by getting guaranteed pair with the hp, melee and blue mutation. You want some eggs of these once complete?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Ooh spino trap ill have to use that :) Dying for a badarse black and red one! I should be on tonight and plan to finish the zinos by getting guaranteed pair with the hp, melee and blue mutation. You want some eggs of these once complete?

Lol I think I might have killed a few high level red/black ones ooppss. The trap is kind of in the centre of the canyons, cant miss it. Same design as the green ob one. Only thing is I cant necessarily remeber unlocking the gate, it was an eventful build...

I would love a few eggs :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Started of by farming up more metal, taking the wyvern and anky in to the central canyon and then onto the metal cave on the west coast and filled up the indy forge.

Where is the West coast Metal cave on RAG?  I can't seem to recollect something like this.  

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

I'll have to post a pic of that 911 spino i hatched. Black with white trim along the sail with red eyes and belly. Spinos are one dino that are imo gorgeous with black and white or black and red. ?

• Like 3

Started of by collecting up the last of the resources need to craft up a motorboat. Had to take the bary out to collect the black pearls of the west coast but had the rest of the resources. So I crafted up the boat and took it out to the coast. Launched H.M.S Its A Trap II, and as the name implies it shall be my next taming raft, an upgrade from the stone one I made ages ago. Plan is to make it completely out of metal. All I need to do now is build on the raft but not tonight.

Went on the hunt for a high level male spino and a high level rex but no luck again. Was even on the look out for a female oviraptor for kibble but all I could find was males. Did find a level 162 tek raptor so tamed that up to go with the lower level one. Love the red and golden colours on it.

rps20180825_220708.thumb.jpg.b916d5d6ab4fc25a39ecbd5420add6d5.jpg

Also found what I think is an event level 135 griffin near my griffin trap, so I tamed it up. Again the highlands seemed devoid of ovis so I had to resort to prime meat tame it. Its the second time the highlands has failed me recently for ovis. After taking it back to base for a better look I still cant tell if the griffins a natural colour or not. The more I look at it the more it looks like a natural colour, doesnt seem very red lol

rps20180825_220743.thumb.jpg.c2a49716d9b1f2458060862009c4c6d9.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Started of by collecting up the last of the resources need to craft up a motorboat. Had to take the bary out to collect the black pearls of the west coast but had the rest of the resources. So I crafted up the boat and took it out to the coast. Launched H.M.S Its A Trap II, and as the name implies it shall be my next taming raft, an upgrade from the stone one I made ages ago. Plan is to make it completely out of metal. All I need to do now is build on the raft but not tonight.

Went on the hunt for a high level male spino and a high level rex but no luck again. Was even on the look out for a female oviraptor for kibble but all I could find was males. Did find a level 162 tek raptor so tamed that up to go with the lower level one. Love the red and golden colours on it.

rps20180825_220708.thumb.jpg.b916d5d6ab4fc25a39ecbd5420add6d5.jpg

Also found what I think is an event level 135 griffin near my griffin trap, so I tamed it up. Again the highlands seemed devoid of ovis so I had to resort to prime meat tame it. Its the second time the highlands has failed me recently for ovis. After taking it back to base for a better look I still cant tell if the griffins a natural colour or not. The more I look at it the more it looks like a natural colour, doesnt seem very red lol

rps20180825_220743.thumb.jpg.c2a49716d9b1f2458060862009c4c6d9.jpg

The golden coloured wing backs and back is a natural colour. The white underbelly might be event coloured. I caught a red bellyed 145 last night and even that one barely can tell its event coloured

• Like 1

Started off the day yesterday by hatching all my gen 3 Theriz eggs and getting a few new additions: A stamina mutation raising it to 249, another colour mutation without a stat it seems. A pink body with the highest level yet, 251. Also got a mating pair of guaranteed all stats with the original weight mut included. Ill keep my muts seperate for now ( besides the blue weight one engrained into the line) until I feel like working in the useful ones and or when I tame some better stats.

Farmed a bunch of metal, obsidian and CP for hours. Made up 7 vaults to finish my main base interior and premade a metal griff storage / turret box for the Scar. I plan to kill off the low level males and undesirable ones in hopes of getting more event coloured Wyverns about. Got distracted on the way there by a 145, 135 black & white and a 150 white spinos. Ended up taming the 150 white spine one then headed back.

Went to the scar and placed my outpost, then hit every nest. Every one despawned including a real nice 185 lightning egg :( Killed a few wyvs with my griffin then after about an hour went back. Still no eggs spawned so I had to lure a few wyverns into the trench and logged.

The next morning i went in and snagged a 160 poison egg. It didnt even despawn! Went back and grabbed a Ptera, tried to get some milk. Big cluster mess, after knocking it out, grabbing milk and throwing it in Ptera I forgot their short torpor drain and the wyv got out. Wrecked my ptera, almost killed my griffin and killed me twice. I lost the milk so Inwent home to lick my wounds and tame up some proper high lvl pteras for better milk runs.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

The golden coloured wing backs and back is a natural colour. The white underbelly might be event coloured. I caught a red bellyed 145 last night and even that one barely can tell its event coloured

Yeah, thats the conclusion I came to too. Ah well at least I have 2 spare griffins now lol.

• Haha 1

I've been busy with work all week so I haven't had much time in ARK other than to keep everything fed. I did manage to go out wyvern egg hunting with two clan-mates Friday. Had a great time with a few disasters but we managed to get a trio of eggs. One took home a 85 lightning wyvern egg, the other got a 175 lightning wyvern egg and I took the consolation prize of a 20 poison wyvern egg. I figured I already had one wyvern so I'd take the weakest one. Turns out they're both jealous now of this guy. I named him Anthrax.

1329033219_Anthrax1.thumb.jpg.11732e97d43609858ed6e7a54aa6fae7.jpg

Edited by Kimodo
  • Like 5

PC Unofficial The Island

Oh my god. So yesterday me and my friend felt we were ready for the Beta Broodmother. We had 9 sloths, one of them with a primitive saddle. 8 or 9 rexes, one had a ramshackle saddle. It's partially our fault, because we have the upgrade station mod but just didn't want to spend our resources upgrading them. We certainly paid the price.

So we were a little nervous, but not really. It was just the medium, it couldn't be much harder than gamma, right? We had a bad start even before we teleported, because my friend wanted to ride the Yuty, and the pig was dead so I had no idea who to ride. As soon as we teleported, I whistled attack on the Broodmother and everyone rushed her. Feeling confindent, I just ran around on the ground opening fire on the boss with my 250% dmg ascendant assault rifle. It only did 59 damage per hit, so it wasn't that effective. About 20 seconds in, our weakest rex died. He was level 75 when he was tamed, so it wasn't a big deal. 5 seconds later, our weakest sloth died. Also no big deal. Maybe 10 seconds later, one rex and 2 sloths died at the same time. For the next 10 or so seconds it was a complete slaughter.

Rex after sloth was just being destroyed. Then, all that was left were Pie, our strongest rex who had the saddle, Fury, our first sloth with 60k health, and Tickles( with the saddle), the first sloth we bred and imprinted. I leveled him myself on Dead Island to 54k health and 1680% dmg. Because I was on foot, I kept being attacked by level 750 araneo (playing with 225 max level), so I ended up probably using about a quarter of my 224 AR rounds on the spiders. I also ran out of bullets on one particular spider and having to use my pike to poke him to death. Also, because we didn't have stimberries or stimulants, the poisonous attacks of the spiders almost knocked me out! I was on around 40 torpor and counting by the time the bushes in the arena gave me some stimberries. Luckily there was also water in the arena, so I didn't have to worry about dehydration. Then Pie (the rex with the saddle) died. Then, about 10 seconds later, Fury died as well. So Tickles and the Yuty were the sole survivors. The broodmother was on about 30% health at this moment, which is 194400 HP. Me and my friend were saying to each other, "Damn! We brought all our gear, and the assault rifle, and all the dinos, but they will all be gone!" What we didn't account for though, was that Tickles was a freaking GOD!!

He was 1v1ing the boss, but he looked pretty bloody. I then remembered the 30% dmg boost and resistance boost that they get from imprinting if I was riding. So I ran over to Tickles, while he was surrounded by spiders, and took a look at his health. He'd been soloing the boss for the past 30 seconds, who now was on about 20% health, and still had over 21k health left! So with new courage, we took on the boss and barely killed her with 10k to spare! After we got back to the obelisk, we renamed him Admiral Tickles and painted his saddle gold. 

Now I've crafted 9 sloth saddles, because we're going to save our rexes for the Megapithecus. The armor ranges from around 70 to 105 or so, and they're only apprentice, so I think next time we'll have a better chance!

• Like 6