So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

The weather was too humid and hot to do some of the outside work I had planned on this weekend, so I ended up playing a lot of ARK this weekend.I could write up an entire Homer's Odyssey; (which you all know I could do ;) ) But instead, just the high lights

Tamed up a bunch of color event dinos, with the vast majority of them at least level 100. (I live in Wisconsin, am a Wisconsin Badger fan, and have friends who played for the Badgers, so Red, White and black are some event colors I really like!)

New Tames: 

Max level Event color Tek female Raptor, & mid level event Tek male raptor. These are the ONLY two Tek raptors I have found.

3 event Tek Stegos, including 1 max level and another 164. They look amazing a night! 

3 more level 150 or higher Tek Stegos, including a black bodied with orange spikes ..., also got a silver body with orange spike buddy for it.

tamed a level 145 Red , black & White Anky, that looks so cool, saw  more that were cool looking, but just way too low level to tame.

tamed level 150 Red/black Sabertooth

tamed level 145 Doed All red with white spikes.

tamed level 150 White with Red Allo female!!

tamed a max level Tek Rex, black body with cyan and green lights

tamed a couple of left over Easter event color Ptera, ranging from level 135 to 150. Have some amazing color combinations possible now for my breeding! 

had a couple more Ravanger color mutations, including a deep green body, a Cyan body, and Purple body!  Bred a few of the body colors with some of the spine colors, to get some nice combinations. I also now have plum, orange and green belly mutations as well.

tamed a level 135 male Quetz, it got stuck in a cliff, and I just hovered my platform Quetz above it, and it was Easy Peasy!

and now the two highlights of my weekend. I was looking for Tek raptors, and I had to land and build stamina on my wyvern. Suddenly a Ptera lands right next to me (I heard the squawk) So I turn to look at it, and am stunned. It has an entirely white and black body..looks like a skeleton!, and the wings are a bright blood red.  It is sooooooooooo freaking cool looking. Then I see it is a max level 150!!!!!!!!!! Jackpot!!  So I bola it, dart it, and throw some spikes around it, and a few narcos in it's butt.  Then I fly back to the base for some kibble in the fridge, and after so waiting, I get a perfect tame!  Such a beauty. By far my favorite Ptera of all time. Then as if a message from ARK gods, I  hit a Red drop on the way back to base, and get a MC Ptera saddle.  Wish it had been a BP, but I'll take it!

I also did a fair amount of beacon drop gathering, and got a bunch of higher level Armor BP and saddles, including a ASC and MC Stego saddles, the ASC is nearly too big of a resources drain, so I instead made up MC saddles for all of the Tek Stegos I've tamed. (I am now up to 20 or so. Yep, I'm addicted :) )

and finally, my weekend in ARK began on Friday evening, as I logged in, and started to fly around on one of my Griffins. I am just leaving my main base near the canyon bridge, and I drop down into the woods heading towards the frozen mountains. I see some red briefly in the order of my eye, and I turn my griffin to get a better look. Next thing I know, my Griffin is bleeding like a pig, and down a ton in health. Finally I realize what is going on. A level 100 RED Giga has spawned just near my base! Well I hate Gigas, and I sure as hell don't like them near my base, but this is a higher level one, and its RED! So I escape back to base, and began grinding out a ton of Metal dino gates.

I then return to the Giga area but on of my lesser valued, but high weight Pteras. I then spent the next hour or so playing cat and mouse with the Giga, running in and placing a gate, then trying to flee before he got me. I was wearing my best armor, and I got chomped a few times, but never killed, however I did lose two Pteras.  

Because this Giga was in this little valley, I was working in close quarters with him, and Finally I got him gated into a small areal. I then landed on top of the cliff and started darting him. I had crafted up some shocking darts, and was starting with those. Well, things were going well, until the Giga decided to run right up the cliff at me, and he killed me and my Ptera (I had forgotten to fix my armor after the previous chomps). 

After some work trying and finally getting the Giga to drop back into the valley  in the gated section, (plus I put some at the base of the cliff this time) I resume the darting, and finally get the Giga running, then when I figure he is just about ready to drop, he somehow cliffs the opposite cliff, and starts to run away. Before jumping on my Ptera to go after him, I throw one more long distance shot at him, and then turn to jump on the Ptera, just as I saddle up, I hear thwack, and realize I hit him with the dart. By the time I fly after him, he is going down.

So after burning thru a ton of narcs and kibble He finally stands up!  I named him "KANE", as he is a big red machine of destruction (WWF fans will get the reference)

Walking him back to base,  I put him on follow, and jump back on the Ptera, this is working fine, until  we come across of pack of Kentros, whom immediately decide to attack Kane. So I land my Ptera, and am watching him chomp the Kentros, when Kane give a roar, and I think to myself. .... Those glowing orange eyes look really good with the orange RED body. Then I notice Kane coming at me, and something doesn't seem right. I start to take off, and Kane bites into us, and nearly kills us both. I fly off for minute, then come back, and Kane is just standing there and his eyes aren't glowing anymore. I do a quick flyby, and he doesn't move. I then whistle him to follow, and we eventually get him home.

I had never seen a Giga go into Rage mode before, so that was a learning experience.  To be safe, I moved Kane to his own paddock, away from the other dinos. Once again... my "short" version is another tome.  sorry for the long read. But I had a great weekend it ARK!!!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 5

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

So if no Dinos, how do you get Chitin/Keratin and hide, plus meat for food?

By hand. No tame server, not no dino server.

No tame official servers exist too except my unofficial is restricted to solo tribes with no alliances. Pretty challenging despite the boosted rates.

Edited by DJRone89

Spent most of the day breeding. Hatched those theri eggs Saltire and I made. Best was a 241 theirz female with combined hp and melee (6.6k 343melee) and a male with melee and a blue stripe (weight) mutation, and imprinted myself some reject ones for farmers. Hatched a bunch of Dimorphs and a Rex egg. Went for a quick metal run, imprinted and logged.

Got on later and made a bunch of vaults and bred the good female with the mut male. Ended with a 247 male with mutation, hp and melee. Now the hp and melee is guaranteed along with mutation chance! Also got a non mutated male with the good stats for clean breeding.

• Like 2

Spent the majority of the weekend on Aberration again, as most of our other official ps4 servers are at cap, Island and Ragnarok. We did raise another thyla on rag in the ice cave to farm the ice queen, lost one last week to a worm at the end of the top part, didn't leave him on neutral, logged in friday to a death message on it. No biggie right, just raise another....lol... shoudn't have left it there, well I know now. Had to kill a few of my ptera breeds to be able to get it to gestate.

Went to abberation Saturday morning to birth our reapers, 125 level queen impregnation + 75 levels harvested, oh yea 200 reaper baby. Its going well with the raise, 70 percent this Monday morning when I filled troughs. Hatched a few boss aberant spinos we acquired from an island trade, 6500+ hp and 425 melee on hatch, got a male and female, very happy with that. Also bred and hatched our 2 kib tamed 180 female tek stegos (we tamed them on the center and ragnarok) with a cheap male we found, hatched 7 eggs and only got 1 with the hp and melee we're looking for, not the best but 5500hp and 366 melee, not too bad for tamed ones, no mutations yet. Happy to get the spinos and stegos going for the Rockwell fight. We've been on aberation since it released but am just now spending some time there getting ready for boss runs.

Birthed a few ravengers, out of 7 we kept 3, got 880 weight stat and a health mutation to 3760. Tamed an event 120 rav for colors, red and black is nice, we'll breed it into our stats later. Hads some fun with a few crab tames, found a 145 grey event but was struggling as it had low health only 4700, so we killed it and 10 mins later we were blessed with another 145. This one was orange/bronze color with purple veins throughout. We tamed that one and while doing so had decided that we need a better and more refined trap. So spent the evening making an entirly new trap, turned out very nice. I'll post a pic later. 

As I was building said trap my tribemate and a friend on the server went to look for basilisk, we usually find at least one up by the nexus, we did, only a level 90 but its colors were awesome, red black and some pinkish highlights. We've not found any over level 100 on our server yet, probably because we dont spend too much time in blue, heard they spawn well down there. 

Also aquired 2 150 female spinos, trapped the first one and not 3 mins later another 150 had spawned. Now i know i have my boss spinos breeding but I just cant pass on a 150 tame, and by now its 3am and i've been playing since 7am this morning, I NEED TO SLEEP, BUT I ALSO NEED TO TAME THESE...LOL.
I kibble tamed em after bringing over the argy kib from our island server. All in all a very successful weekend again, oh and we farmed about 10 drake eggs from the trench too, kept getting 170's and 165's to respawn.... very excited to hatch em. 

• Like 4

Anyone know why my previous post  (believe it is hidden for everyone but me) would be colored red, and says needs to be reviewed by a moderator?  I didn't swear in it, and there is no pictures attached to it. Just a long recap of my weekend in ARK.  Is there a word/length limit to our posts maybe? I've never had this happen before, and I've posted a lot in the past.

• Like 1

Started of by hatching up the next batch of rex eggs I had saved up from last night. Didnt get lucky with this brood but I did get the male with all the colours and all the stats but the melee so I kept that one to breed with the good female, so with the next batch all I need to do is get lucky with the melee stat coming from the female. Fried the rest with the lightning wyvern.

Then decided to take one of the taming traps I had saved up for the snow biomes and install it into the central canyons instead for taming spinos since I now have the kibble. Got that built up and then kited a 140 female spino into the trap and downed it. Tamed it up then took my wyvern back to base leaving the spino in the trap,and crafted up the saddle. Returned to the spino by glide suit (great fun jumping into the canyons from my base), saddled it up and walked it back to base before logging off.

• Like 2

Got offline raided/wiped again (killed the Dinos, broke two holes in full metal, turreted base, destroyed everything) by cross ark raiders. Joke's on them though, the vault was empty because my tribe had JUST gotten wiped the day before (only the foundations were left that time) by different cross ark raiders. 

But I just tamed a ptera, dilos, dodos, and am ready for more XD jk please leave us alone lol

Edited by steelshiv
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Anyone know why my previous post  (believe it is hidden for everyone but me) would be colored red, and says needs to be reviewed by a moderator?  I didn't swear in it, and there is no pictures attached to it. Just a long recap of my weekend in ARK.  Is there a word/length limit to our posts maybe? I've never had this happen before, and I've posted a lot in the past.

No idea, I didnt even know we had a pre-screen function? I was confused when I read it because I already read the threas and posted and it ended up above my post

Weekend was nice, found a Level 140 and a Level 145 Karkinos. Tamed both with Kibble. Lucky me has 14 female Turtles and more Eggs in a week as i can tame with them. Finally found a high Level Tek Stego. Now that i have 7 female Sarco it is enough in a week to tame a high level at the weekend. The male Tek Stego was 156. Tamed him with Level 233. At the same time i saw a level 12 female. Tamed her too. I will make a few fert eggs with the both Stegos until i find a higher female. Tried to tame a Level 132 Tek Raptor, but he glitched through my boat as he was going to be knocked out. Never seen him again.

Found a Level 30 Event Color Doedi in full red. Tamed him.

My Coworker finally bought Ark and wanted to play with me. So i searched a not so full official The Island Server. Played for a few hours with him. We tamed a Level 50 Trike, a few Dodos, a Phiomia and a Parasaur. It was funny. I leveld to 20 and could build metal Axe.

PS_Messages_20180821_082618.jpg

• Like 3

ArkCrossCluster1 - Ragnarok

Spent 5 hours on Friday night with the Alphas defending against Chinese invaders. Had to log mid fight because I had irl things to do early in the morning. Logged on the next day to see that the Alpha got wiped, lost 100s of Wyverns, all Tek, turrets, Golems, etc.

My Castle got assaulted and wiped as well. They soaked just over 50k bullets from my turrets. Killed my Wyverns, Griffins, Gigas, Rexes, Quetz, Argies.. everything. Blew open 30 vaults. Raided my kibble farm. Destroyed all fridges, cookers, P-Bins, Chem Benches, Fabricators, Smithies, Forges.. they wiped literally everything. 

I spent just over 20 minutes running naked, ducking and weaving dinos to get to the Castle to see all that I just said. They didn't kill my 290 Doed, Orange. Losers! :)

I think i'll take a break from Ark. My Tribe doesn't even want to hear the word "Ark" lmao. I might find a PvE server for the hell of it. Or wait until Extinction. Idk. Kinda relieved to be wiped and not have to play anymore, but really demoralized after losing 3 months of work. 

Edited by Veraduun
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Believe @DJRone89 owns the servers so hed be the man to talk to. 

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

You are correct. All up to the DJ man

Ahh, thank you for the info, fellas.

S how about it, @DJRone89; Mind if I join your server? I'm not a prick, nor do I grief. I've never played PvE but i've got just over 2.5k hours in PvP, and have been playing since EA 2015. 

Guest DJRone89
23 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

Ahh, thank you for the info, fellas.

S how about it, @DJRone89; Mind if I join your server? I'm not a prick, nor do I grief. I've never played PvE but i've got just over 2.5k hours in PvP, and have been playing since EA 2015. 

I’d hate to derail this topic any further. DM me.

Ragnarok

Tamed another Dilo, now I have 5 females and 1 male. I really need more eggs from them. Cause no one on my Aberration Server trades Ankylos. And my best has only 250 damage at birth. Most of the other player use normal Ankylos and not the Aberration variants. So I need kibble to tame them myself. Finally no level cap and I can mate them. 5 eggs every 2 days. Better then nothing. I should tame  a Oviraptor for more eggs. Sadly I am most the time on Aberration. When I play with my coworker on The Island again I will tame Dilos too. U can have not enough of them.

Aberration

Mated the 233 Tek Stego with the level 12 and level 6 female I have. I hope I can breed them at the weekend. The Stego has 5900 HP, not the worst I hope.

PS_Messages_20180821_082622.jpg

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

So I played a bunch on Monday night, and managed to find an tame another tek raptor it was a level 168 pre-tame. I also tamed another Event colored tek Stego, all red body, with red and blue spikes. very cool looking. I tamed a level 60 event Griffin, I normally don't tame things under level 100, but I had been looking for a event griffin since it started, so I couldn't pass it up. It took FOREVER to tame it, it would not kite correctly to my trap, and everytime I got close to the trap, the server would lag for just a second, causing my approach to the dino gate to be off. I ended up going after it on griffin, and it still took frustratingly long. When I finally dropped it in the valley near the green OB, it lands in the creek. luckily not deep enough to drown. Then I fly over and attack a "lone" bronto for prime. Well How I missed the other two Bronts, I have no clue, but I am feed the griffin the prime, and I hear heavy foot steps, and look up and I have two P.O'd Brontos bearing down on me. I kite them away from the griffin, and managed to kill them. 

Finally the red event Griffin is tamed, and I take it out for a flight, with my other griffin following. We fly over by the green OB, and to my amazement, another Giga has spawned, and it is another RED one! This one is a level 150! I can't believe my luck. I already had a trap in the area I had built months ago, so I fly the griffins back to central base, grab a ton of narcs, darts, kibble etc and jump on my Fire Wyvern. After a few failings, we finally get the giga kited into the trap. I then proceed to put more tranq darts into 1 dino than I ever have before. I literally lost count of the darts it took to put this beast down. I was even starting to think it was glitched, because it just would not go down. But  finally it drops and when after what seemed like forever, it stands up. I throw a saddle on it, and we make our way back to the base leveling up on stegos and trikes as we go. This thing is a beast, and I name it Big Red Machine, to go along the previously tamed "Kane" giga. I put it in the pen with the other giga, and log off after staying up way too late taming that giga.

• Like 4

Xbox - Nitrado Unofficial Server - Ragnarok

Started of by going out and harvesting some resources. Really needed to stock up on metal and crystal. So took out the poison wyvern and the anky and farmed up the metal nodes in the central canyon and filled up the industrial forge and let it cook up. Then went to my favourite crystal spawn near the desert and farmed up all the crystal.

Then moved on to the fun stuff. Went out on the fire wyvern into the snow cave to hit up the drops without much luck. Then decided to hit up some ice wyvern eggs. Again not much luck only found 2 eggs in total one of which spoiled instantly. Annoyingly I found a 175 wild wyvern but not the egg, the nest being occupied by a low level egg (the one which spoiled). Tried losing it in the trees and came back later but still no luck. Moved onto the desert drops and had more luck. Mostly junk realy but found a new ascendant crossbow blueprint which is much bettet than my old bp and better than the premade one I found on the last trip round the desert. Then flew back to base making a slight detour past a few of the ice wyvern nest in the hope some had spawned but nothing again. 

• Like 1