So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Ragnarok - Private server

Well just a day after whining about not getting any new color mutations in my ravager breeding, I got a neon green body; and a grey spine babies. I also got a bunch of blue and green spine babies, but I already have those colors. But I had been wanted the neon green color, so I'm happy!

I then spent the majority of the night killing off dinos in sections where raptors spawn, as I still have not come across a Tek Raptor. I also have seen very few event red dinos... like a just a few. Very disappointed, as I saw many, many more on my single player game.

I was over near my Green OB outpost, and I noticed that a new Giga had spawned in. So I kited him to the ocean. But along the way, some lag caused the Giga to go from 200 yards away, to chomping on my wyvern. We were glitched , and could not escape! I used admin "Ghost" and was able to get away, with less than 1000 HP left! I don't feel bad about cheating, when it is the result of the game's stupid glitching. But that was scary, as my Wyvern went from 32k HP to 900 something in just seconds! I didn't take the time to drown the giga, since I at least got it off the side of a cliff, and away from my outpost.

Sure hoping this weekend to find some event dinos and tek raptors.  I do not want to do a wild dino wipe, because I still have some easter event dinos on the server, and I like the visual variety they offer, even if I don't plan on taming them.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Oh god. "Just gonna send it" lol

I don't always drink on a work night, but when i do i drink for everyone ? 

Half a 60 oz. Yeaaaaah....

Yesterday in ark I manually started the servers since Xbox has issues right now. Made sure there was food and logged out. We'll see how the weekend goes

• Like 2

Went after that Giga today... Didn't go well. I kept trying to kite him towards my trap and he kept getting distracted. Finally got him away from all the Equus in the area, and had him heading towards the trap. Out of nowhere, a gallimimus runs past, the Giga gives chase and he and the gallimimus run straight over the edge of the scar and into the lava... Crap. 

Found another Giga by the lighthouse, just a level 25 though. Killed him with my Lightning Wyvern to blow off some steam. Also, I didn't know that wild Megalodons will attack wild Gigas. Learn something new everyday. 

• Like 5

Guest DJRone89

Haven’t played my PvE cluster for a few days but I’ll be looking for some cool Tek Raptors when I do.

Instead, I’ve been playing on my isolated NoTame SoloTribe PvP server and grinding on there, and what a grind it has been. As a keen raft builder, my goal from the start was to get to the motorboat stage ASAP.

Last night after several hours, I was able to harvest the remaining chitin/keratin I needed to make cementing paste which in turn was converted to polymer. As I’m on Ragnarok, without dinos, beaver dams are a little hard to make it to and back until I have better survival gear.

Now I have my boat, my aim is to mass farm metal and paste so I can convert my floating base over time.

Very productive day yesterday, point form. Finished off my breeding pen, finished off my egg pen. Tamed a few more eggers, tamed a 162 tek raptor. Brought all my tames from old base to new base. Tried and failed to tame an Oviraptor (didnt dodoex the egg amounts lol) Tamed a 130 quetz, their AI is stupidly easy to kite on Ragnarok. Popped 7 Bary eggs and only kept 2. Crafted an industrial forge (hopefully @AngrySaltire gets on so I can get a bench and cooker crafted :P ) 

I plan today to get some Rexs or theriz going and hopefully get a line started for Rag bosses. With my quetz ill also try to tame a good Rhino, Mammoth and finish off most of my egg farm. Need to farm up a bunch of electronics as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, d1nk said:

. Crafted an industrial forge (hopefully @AngrySaltire gets on so I can get a bench and cooker crafted :P ) 

I'll be on tonight at some point ?

37 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I plan today to get some Rexs or theriz going and hopefully get a line started for Rag bosses. With my quetz ill also try to tame a good Rhino, Mammoth and finish off most of my egg farm. Need to farm up a bunch of electronics as well.

I have a pair of rexs and theris to start of too but I think I need to work on getting better stats. Also trying to work on getting a rhino. I could tame up a quetz for it but I have two taming traps ready to be installed in the snow biomes for rhinos and yutys. Really dont fancy solo taming a quetz even with a griffin but I might give it a try. 

• Like 3

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

I'll be on tonight at some point ?

I have a pair of rexs and theris to start of too but I think I need to work on getting better stats. Also trying to work on getting a rhino. I could tame up a quetz for it but I have two taming traps ready to be installed in the snow biomes for rhinos and yutys. Really dont fancy solo taming a quetz even with a griffin but I might give it a try. 

I can help you tame a quetz with my quetz if you like, ally up and shoot off mine. (Or i can lend you my quetz) 

We can split the load on boss dinos, ill start on Theriz since I can pick em. Time to go to crash zone to look :P See ya on then, its my day off so im on all day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I can help you tame a quetz with my quetz if you like, ally up and shoot off mine. (Or i can lend you my quetz) 

We can split the load on boss dinos, ill start on Theriz since I can pick em. Time to go to crash zone to look :P See ya on then, its my day off so im on all day.

Sounds like a plan to me :)Been a while since I tamed up one. I have been meaning to do it for a while and I think I have enough kibble for 2 to 3 max level quetzs.

Sounds good I am fine with the rexs. Really need to get more traps set up in rex spawns around the map. Could do with having a peak at @DJRone89 legendary taming raft. Found the best place for theris is just outside my base, between mine and DJs ,and also the canyon floor. Been avoiding crash central despite the good theri pickings lol.

• Like 3

Guest DJRone89
21 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Sounds like a plan to me :)Been a while since I tamed up one. I have been meaning to do it for a while and I think I have enough kibble for 2 to 3 max level quetzs.

Sounds good I am fine with the rexs. Really need to get more traps set up in rex spawns around the map. Could do with having a peak at @DJRone89 legendary taming raft. Found the best place for theris is just outside my base, between mine and DJs ,and also the canyon floor. Been avoiding crash central despite the good theri pickings lol.

I’ll pop on tonight and give you a tour.

39 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Outside my old base in blue I counted over 12 different theriz last night, ill camp there for awhile later today. Already have 2x rhinos tranqed, 140 male and 135 red&white female

Ill be sure to keep checking near us for theriz too

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3

As usual I went into Ark with a plan and ark throws a curve ball. Instead of farming resources and taming quetals I tried to tame rexs. No sooner had I logged in I find a 145 rex outaide my base. So of course I kite it all the way to my taming pen near green ob and downed it. Wasnt impressed with the stats but decide to tame it anyway but with mutton. So I fly to the highlands for the ovis spawn to find none, not one. Tried forcing them to spawn but no luck with that. So fly back to the rex and tame it up with prime meat.

Of course when I put the meat on it I did actually find out that I did hit it with one more arrow than I should have and had ruined the taming efficiency. So i wip the prime out of the inventory and left it to wake up.

Did a quick run round the desert drops and got the usual bps such as the riot and fur but lucked out on a new ascendant crossbow which is better than my current bp, just a shame it wasnt a bp. 

Back at base I found a 135 wild mesopithicus just hanging around outside my breeding barn, mustn't have completely blocked all the spawns on my base. So I decided to tame it as I have never ever in all my time in ark tamed one. Basically am not a big fan of primates as a group, this extends to gigantopithicus too, so I never had the impulse to tame them. So I raid the imprinting kibble fridge for dodo kibble and tamed myself a meso.

Also decided that the two female scorpions were not pulling theyre weight enough for the amount of eggs I needed for taming so I tamed up two more to increase the kibble output to cope with the rate of rex taming. 

Went back to the taming pen to find the rex was awake. Tried feeding it to heal it up a bit by dropping in a galli into the trap. Was at this point I realised that there was two raptors also in the trap and chowing down on the rex and the rex was not defending itself. So I killed the raptors but they left the rex bloody. I tried feeding the rex by leaving corpses of the raptors in there but he wasnt for eating. So I decide to risk it and knock it out anyway. Unfortunately tranqing again killed the rex... must have only been a dart or two from knocking it out...

At which point the shout out came from @d1nk that there was a 150 rex by the coast in the South west. Decided it was to far away from any trap I had so I risked it and just knocked it out without a trap, letting my thyla tank the rex while I knocked it out. Thankfully it went down without going for a swim, and I tamed it. Decided to leave it where it was and I would drag it back to base another night. Was too tired to remeber whats stats I had so I checked the rexs back at base. To my disgust the new rex only had about half the health and the exact mellee stat of my current breeding pair. Am glad I didnt drag it back to base, I'll probably have my lightning wyvern deal with it next time I am on.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest DJRone89

Jumped on my PvE cluster to go Tek Raptor hunting but with no luck. Didn’t spot a single one, instead found a 145 F Thyla and 150 M Thyla on the same island on the SW of Ragnarok. Fortunately, I have a Titanboa egg farm so kibble isn’t an issue. Nothing worse than when the next best food from kibble has a poor taming effectiveness. The female had worse stats than my current line except food so I’ll just probably breed that in for a level boost. The male however had the highest health from our current line so that’s a keeper.

Logged off to go eat some dinner and passed out soon after so couldn’t give @AngrySaltire my taming boat tour :(

I need to start recording my doings better. When I play for extended periods I always have terrible write ups lol. Here's one of those:

Was an eventful day yesterday. Finished my breeding pens' AC units and enclosed it finally. Tamed up a few Rhinos for boss fights & general fun (holy crap they do lots of dmg) tamed a 140 Male and a 135 Event red/white female along with a 130 Red Mammoth. I dont have kibble so they take a lot longer :P After @DJRone89 stopped by and crafted me up a Cooker and gave me an Asc Quetz platform! Piddled around the base awhile, bred the Rhinos and did a bit of matienence and stocking up on supply levels / premaking bases (like always) 

@AngrySaltireis going to work on Rexs for our little boss squad and im going to work on Therizinos. I got together a whack of taming supplies, a premade theriz pen and loaded my quetz into the obby then flew my griff to Blue obb to hunt near my old base.

Tamed a 140 bear as soon as I got there, had some honey with me. I needed something to slay hundreds of Theriz so she was aptly named Therizlayer. Slay she did!

Spent a few hours killing off the spawns around, some some real nice event Theriz. I would go scout, then clear between 3 spawn points and rotate unti finally it pays off, 135 Female. Get that baby tranqed and continued the cycle. After about 1.5h it pays off again, 140 event red & black female. 

Spent a few hours taming them up, got lots of real life stuff done during. Later on I got on again and kept looking but after an hour I gave up. Dropped them off in a supply drop and decided to fly the quetz home. Made a few stops, pelagornis bay for pearls, obsidian cave, beaver dams and home. Crafted all my polymer, got 82 and made a chem bench. Tamed a 140 white & black bear while doing this.

I bred my bears a bunch to get a mating pair, unsuccessful and need better stats anyways. Only 3k hp 308 melee. Took one of my bred Baryonyx and an extra argy (plus premade base lol.. i love this stuff.) And flew to Viking bay to establish a black pearl farm spot. Almost got annihilated by a 140 kentro.. it impaled my Bary and almost killed it and me.

Got back to base after and decided its about time I get some wyvern eggs. Took my spare griffin and set out to the scar. Took a bit to clear a few out, then dove in to find some eggs. There were a lot of lightnings so after each egg was almost death for my griffin, almost 8k hp gone each run. I grabbed 3 eggs, 150 lightning, 170 poison and a 150 poison. Each time the eggs decayed as soon as I grabbed them :Jerbmad:

Almost dying multiple times I decided to head back home and log off. Waste of time but ill try it again! After some minor home electrical work, I now have a working beer fridge in my garage and am back on Ark! 

Toodles~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest DJRone89
7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I need to start recording my doings better. When I play for extended periods I always have terrible write ups lol. Here's one of those:

Was an eventful day yesterday. Finished my breeding pens' AC units and enclosed it finally. Tamed up a few Rhinos for boss fights & general fun (holy crap they do lots of dmg) tamed a 140 Male and a 135 Event red/white female along with a 130 Red Mammoth. I dont have kibble so they take a lot longer :P After @DJRone89 stopped by and crafted me up a Cooker and gave me an Asc Quetz platform! Piddled around the base awhile, bred the Rhinos and did a bit of matienence and stocking up on supply levels / premaking bases (like always) 

@AngrySaltireis going to work on Rexs for our little boss squad and im going to work on Therizinos. I got together a whack of taming supplies, a premade theriz pen and loaded my quetz into the obby then flew my griff to Blue obb to hunt near my old base.

Tamed a 140 bear as soon as I got there, had some honey with me. I needed something to slay hundreds of Theriz so she was aptly named Therizlayer. Slay she did!

Spent a few hours killing off the spawns around, some some real nice event Theriz. I would go scout, then clear between 3 spawn points and rotate unti finally it pays off, 135 Female. Get that baby tranqed and continued the cycle. After about 1.5h it pays off again, 140 event red & black female. 

Spent a few hours taming them up, got lots of real life stuff done during. Later on I got on again and kept looking but after an hour I gave up. Dropped them off in a supply drop and decided to fly the quetz home. Made a few stops, pelagornis bay for pearls, obsidian cave, beaver dams and home. Crafted all my polymer, got 82 and made a chem bench. Tamed a 140 white & black bear while doing this.

I bred my bears a bunch to get a mating pair, unsuccessful and need better stats anyways. Only 3k hp 308 melee. Took one of my bred Baryonyx and an extra argy (plus premade base lol.. i love this stuff.) And flew to Viking bay to establish a black pearl farm spot. Almost got annihilated by a 140 kentro.. it impaled my Bary and almost killed it and me.

Got back to base after and decided its about time I get some wyvern eggs. Took my spare griffin and set out to the scar. Took a bit to clear a few out, then dove in to find some eggs. There were a lot of lightnings so after each egg was almost death for my griffin, almost 8k hp gone each run. I grabbed 3 eggs, 150 lightning, 170 poison and a 150 poison. Each time the eggs decayed as soon as I grabbed them :Jerbmad:

Almost dying multiple times I decided to head back home and log off. Waste of time but ill try it again! After some minor home electrical work, I now have a working beer fridge in my garage and am back on Ark! 

Toodles~

Go to 70, 20 in the SW around 100ft from the rock formation on the beach and swim directly down. You’ll find black pearl nodes in amongst the silica pearls. In just that spot you’ll farm over 100 black pearls. Follow path further down south and you’ll find even more black pearl nodes to net you hundreds in total.

48 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Go to 70, 20 in the SW around 100ft from the rock formation on the beach and swim directly down. You’ll find black pearl nodes in amongst the silica pearls. In just that spot you’ll farm over 100 black pearls. Follow path further down south and you’ll find even more black pearl nodes to net you hundreds in total.

Ill check it out thanks! A little nervous going down there with just a Bary though! Viking bay nets me just over 100, ill check your place out today! Just built a motorboat :P Maybe ill take that boat tour aswell. Its on the way ill stop by and check it, as long as I stay away from lagmonster base (rosswell)

• Like 2

Found a tek rex, tamed it,(yes i am late, luckily)was capped 1 minute later.   Looked up what is the highest level kicked myself for getting a 164 fem and not the 180 i here is about..

i this point i think purchasing dinos is the way to go and the only way to progress, gl survivors.

Also do tek dinos breed with only each-other?

Check forums didnt see any answers to this.

Edited by zeroBurnAcidCool
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Found a tek rex, tamed it,(yes i am late, luckily)was capped 1 minute later.   Looked up what is the highest level kicked myself for getting a 164 fem and not the 180 i here is about..

i this point i think purchasing dinos is the way to go and the only way to progress, gl survivors.

Also do tek dinos breed with only each-other?

Check forums didnt see any answers to this.

Can't breed Tek dinos with their non Tek counterparts. 

• Thanks 2

Been checking all the Ice Wyvern nests for an egg every day hoping to find one. Didn’t have any luck until this afternoon. Did a complete pass on all the nests that I know of and none where there so I turned to head back to my NE base. My path crossed the first nest I checked and there it was! I swooped in, snatched up my prize and cheesed it just as the cops showed up. I ducked through the trees and shook off my pursuit without getting hit once. What a smooth heist it was! I’m now the proud pappa of a lvl 20 Ice Wyvern. Could have been higher but thats the breaks. I named him in honor of my Ice Blaster from City of Heroes/Champions online. Beware the cold wrath of Frostbiter! 

Edited by Kimodo
  • Haha 1

Started off the evening by disposing of the rex I tamed last night since the stats didnt make the cut. Also picked up the scorpion I left to tame last night.

Then got together with @d1nk to do a bit of theri breeding. Bred up a bunch of eggs with our different theris. Got a nice black and red rhino baby off of d1nk too which was great, now just need to get a male to go with it. Gifted him some rex and dimorph eggs too.

I hatched up a bunch of rex eggs but I didnt get the male I needed with the stats and the colour so I nuked the entire brood and bred up some more to hatch another night.

Then went out and tamed up a female argent for kibble. I am wanting to stock up some kibble for taming spinos with. Would love to tame some spinos on ragnarok to transfer across to the aberation map to help me set up when the season server switches to aberation later in the month and it would be good to have a batch of kibble to tame up some aberant spinos when the time comes too (assuming the transfer setting allow for this).  I need to do a similiar thing with oviraptors at some point too so i can tame up some aberant megalos. 

• Like 3

Pretty busy weekend on the Ark for myself and R. After the Giga tame went South, I decided to return home and breed my best Rex's, best Argies, and my best Thylas. 

R returned home and hopped on while I prepared dinner. Explained to her how to take care of the Thyla baby and she piddled around the base for awhile.

Unfortunately, I forgot to tell her to take the Thyla baby off wander, and she glitched her way outside the incubation building and was killed by a Sabertooth...

R went ballistic and proceeded to murder every Sabertooth she found close by with one of our Thyla's. 

Hatched the Rex and the Argy, both their stats weren't up to snuff, so I culled them. We then flew to our new water base and did some more construction. 

When we tired of that, we flew back to base and cooked up some Argy kibble and Megalosaurus kibble. Flew down to the canyons hunting for a high level female Spino. Found a 145 Orange one but she decided to attack a raptor pack, a baryonx and three stegos. She didn't survive. 

Flew to the Highlands and discovered a level 150 Female Giga with a green and yellow body. Am still trying to decide if I want to tame her or not. Going artifact hunting later. R is not thrilled about getting the artifact of the devourer. 

Edited by AVENGED
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/18/2018 at 1:15 AM, DJRone89 said:

Haven’t played my PvE cluster for a few days but I’ll be looking for some cool Tek Raptors when I do.

Instead, I’ve been playing on my isolated NoTame SoloTribe PvP server and grinding on there, and what a grind it has been. As a keen raft builder, my goal from the start was to get to the motorboat stage ASAP.

Last night after several hours, I was able to harvest the remaining chitin/keratin I needed to make cementing paste which in turn was converted to polymer. As I’m on Ragnarok, without dinos, beaver dams are a little hard to make it to and back until I have better survival gear.

Now I have my boat, my aim is to mass farm metal and paste so I can convert my floating base over time.

So if no Dinos, how do you get Chitin/Keratin and hide, plus meat for food?