So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

7 hours ago, Toxuc said:

I really didn’t do that much, I am in the middle stages of the ark experience so I was able to tame a lvl 24 came out 29 tek stego. I’m mainly going to use it for harvesting narco berries. I play solo so I also lost my lvl 50 something ptera (rip Bobby) while I was trying to get oil in the winter area. I had to tame a replacement, so I started to look in my area for a new one. I considered taking an argentaves because they can carry meatal and it would be 50% lighter. I tried 3 times, the first was knocked over water so it drowned, the second was knocked but a random Rex came by and killed it, and the final time a frickin Dilo killed it when I left it to get more narcs. So I went back to finding a ptera because they are a pretty easy tame. I found a gorgeous dark red ptera lvl 75 and it was like a 20 min tame because my server has a 3x on taming. I also found the blue print to a journeyman saber tooth saddle, after some reading online I learned about their amazing power with a good saddle. My area has maybe 5  sabertooths every time I come out, so I tame a weak lvl 40 just to see how easy of a tame it was. It took reallly long however I didn’t need to use ANY extra narcs. I already had a lvl 111 raptor so I was pretty spectical about it’s future use at my base. However it is amazing at gathering chitin and hide, so I spent a whole killing many animals with it. That was about it, I am planning to tame a level 100 tomorrow because of their amazing use. It was lvl 55 and it could move faster then my lvl 111 raptor which was 164% speed! I can’t wait for tomarrow because of my future sabertooth.

Hell yeah! I'm always happy to see newer players not getting discouraged by the mishaps of Ark.

Additionally, I'd really suggest getting an Argy. They're such a multi-use mount now. They're great in combat, and have a heal ability when they devour dead bodies. They have good weight, stamina, HP and even dmg. I used an Argy all the way until I could raise a Wyvern. The tactic that I use (if you don't have a Griffin) is pretty simple, but i'm sure there is a better one. I wait until they land or get close to the ground and run up on it to start firing with a xbox or darts. Then just do circles around it while it does the same. Usually you can learn the perfect distance to not get hit while firing. Once it gets to a low enough HP, or high enough Torpor, it'll start running. I chase it a bit, fire again and continue process. Then once they're down, I put spike walls around it so it's protected. Then starve it until it hits the right food for your kibble or prime. 

Also, I'd suggest getting a little farm going to that you can pick your own narcoberries whenever you feel like. Makes it pretty easy to make narcotics on a whim. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AVENGED said:

Haven't done much lately. Built a bit more on the water base, went exploring the ocean with the wife (Tusos and Mosas freak her out, don't know if she'll ever go back into the deep now) fed and logged. 

Mostly been playing State of Decay 2 with her and my brothers. We're planning on having an "Ark weekend" this weekend though, so maybe we'll get some stuff done. 

It'll only freak her out until she gets her own Mosa. Then she'll be a the terror of the sea >:) 

• Like 1

Tamed a griffin, two 140+ rhinos, three 130+ event colored pteras (nice red color on wings and claws (Named them 'YAASSS' 'QUEEN' and 'SLAY' lol)), and a 150 bear with two other tribemates...all at the same time O_O then I did my chores (grinding turret bullets), and after all that removed some squatters :) Very...productive XD 

• Haha 1

Did a meat and berries refill. Started to hatch the barys and terror bird eggs I got..Need them prepared to replace my lost 3 barys to the Lava cave. Then I had my Top Theriz male mate with 6 female theriz (the Stud). Unfortunately, I then had to leave for work.

Will finish my new waterbase tonite..it needs yet a load of pillars and walls though. Anyways. lots to do again!

Cheers

• Like 1

PS4 - Private Server: Ragnarok / Single Player: Scorched Earth

Haven't posted in a bit, work life has been crazy.

But this past weekend I got sick, so I had nothing to do, but sit around and play, so I ARK'd it up!

Ragnarok

Tamed a couple high level Tek Rexs and then bred them a few times.

Tamed a couple more Tek Stegos (I have 2 max level females, but my males are only around 150 level. I saw a max level male near my base, and while I was crafting up some more narcotics and arrows, it got in a fight with some sabertooths, and ended up running too close to my base, where the Plant X killed it! :(  )

Tamed another high level Griffins. (Up to a dozen now)

Bred my two best Quetz, and got a really nice male offspring.

Tamed a max level Black color event dire bear level.

Tamed my first ever Megalania. IT was a left over easter color in Cyan and Purple. I have been watching it for a few weeks, and finally decided I had to have it, so armed with a buttload of narcotics and Narco berries, I finally got it tamed, after dropping it into one of my taming pens)

Not any new Ravager mutation colors ... so still sitting with Yellow, Blue, Red, Green and Purple Spines; as well as Red, blue, green, brown, dark brown bodies. Really hoping to get some different color mutations soon, been killing A LOT of babies.

Tamed and bred two max level Ankys, and distrubuted the offspring amongst my bases/outposts.

Tamed a level 135 female Tapejara.

SCORCHED EARTH

So I wasn't able to get onto my server yesterday, assuming it was something to do with the latest update, so I jumped back onto my Single player game on Scorched.  I haven't played it for a couple months I'd say. I was not aware of the new color event, and was freaked out when I saw some incredible red & white ankys right off the bat.

So I went on a taming spree. 2 ankys, 3 wolves, 1 argy and 1 Thorny Dragon all in Red event colors.  I also knocked out a level 150 Red white and black female Anky, and when she collapsed, she glitched thru the rock she was standing on. So I used the admin Ghost command, and i found her I shoved Mejo berries in her. Then I quick headed back to base to grab some crops and a saddle.

But upon returning, I could not find the anky anywhere!  I spent at least an hour looking for it I thought I knew right where I had been when I knocked her out, but no luck, I'm actually quite embarrassed that I cannot find her. Bummed out too.

Then went to bed early, as I'm still working thru this illness.  Hopefully tonight I can get onto my private server and find some Tek Raptors.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

CrossArkCluster - Ragnarok

Last night was a cloooossseeee call. I took my 220 Lightning Wyvern out to slay some other Wyverns. Killed a couple fire, lightning and poison before happening upon a lvl 90 Alpha Wyvern. So I healed up the little bit of HP that I had lost and went for it. I thought I had it in the bag - easy. Problem was that he was hitting me for an absolutely massive amount of dmg with each fire breath. I knew that it's best to fight them with another Fire Wyvern, but I have the high ground, right Anakin? Wrong! I only barely got away alive. Idk what the deal was but my stamina was only going up like 6-10 points per tick! Even when standing still, not on fire and not flying/attacking. It was absolutely wild, and that's why I nearly got killed. I had to sit there force feeding my dino cooked meat trying to survive the next hit until I could just get enough stam to fly away! Acnalogia has 20k HP and 1.5k Stamina. There's absolutely no reason that it should have been only going up 6-10 at a time. I've never seen anything like it. At the end, I was able to fly JUST far enough away before having to land (bc 0 stam) to get the Alpha to attack some Stegos. Check Acnalogia's HP.... 900! That wouldn't have survived another hit from the Alpha. I sat there continuously feeding him while keeping an eye on the Alpha that was like 200 ft from me. Finally I got about 300 stam and decided to run for it. I was able to get back to base eventually after stopping a few more times and force feed him enough to get him back to 10k HP. Then logged for the night, deciding not to take my chances. 

I don't remember Wyverns being so vulnerable. I mean obviously they're at a loss since they don't get the protection from a saddle. But 20k HP and a 100% imprint seemed to be nonexistent tbh. 

• Like 4

Last night I logged on, flew around for 45 minutes looking for Tek Raptors, and found NONE.  Found and tamed a Tek Stego, and then I came across a Level 130 Event Blue and Cyan Dire Bear. Beautiful looking bear, that was stuck in some rocks on the side of a cliff. I grabbed with my Wyvern and dropped it in one of my taming pens. Just as I was dropping it into the pen, it chomped my wyvern.  No big deal right?  Well, I had forgotten that my breeding pair of Tek Rexes were in that taming pen, and they immediately killed that Bear with extreme prejudice. What a noob mistake.

I then logged off for the night, and watched some episodes of Bosch on Netflix.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Didnt get as much as I wanted last night. I wanted to complete my breeding pen and build my kibble farm.  Went for a fly to see if any event dinos near me, found a 150 griffin near my base so just had to knock it out. 

After it was out went for a short fly and found a 150 event argy, red and white (oh Canadaaaa..) so knocked it out. While that was taming went and did a dam run, got careless and almost lost my new 150 griffin. Had to fly back on my 135 griff and claim my.body.

Got back to base with new argy and new griff in tow, determined to finish my building...ooh a tek raptor. Ooh a red terror bird.. oohh a red 150 raptor.. ohhh a red parasaur.. you get it. Hours later sitting with 10 egg tames and no building done lol. Crunch down, finish half my breeding pen, thatch out my egf barn (going to have to move it, to close to breeding pen and not enough room) then logged off

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Formerly bigbearsgameoftames now the omega project - ragnarok ranch - unofficial Xbox.

Managed to get on for a couple days. Did some storage upgrades and got a bit of taming breeding and hatching done. 

Cold storage. We've become a bit capped for cold storage and I've been trying to plan a place to get it done. Well I finally decided to add a section in the bottom of the turret tower above the forge. We originally had 4 fridges for eggs, kibble, perishables, and jerky. We now have 13 fridges with room for more. We moved all the eggs and such up to the tower and repurposed the original 4 to hold produce and jerky for the cooker. Single egg fridges for rex, and theri boss breeds and one for wyvern and drake eggs. 

Taming wise we had a mixed day. First goal was a high level male spino. Befor we left i was on the way back from blue ob 2hen i stumbed across a 550 male tek stego. I grab it and take it to the pen to tame. Came out low 800s. Next We fly to the chasm for our search. He finds a 430 that he traps and starts to tame. I keep searching and stumble across a 480 male just around the corner. He tamed his just in time to trap the other. Came out 670 the other 724. On the trip home we.were venturing up the path to the rope bridge when we came a cross a 558 female tek stego. Delighted by the sight I tske the spinos he picks up the stego and heads to base to rush over to the other server to run ascension. When I get back 5o base I look in the pen and it's open...male stego still there. Turn around and see a tek carcass....daaaaaamn we left the gate open and she met the turrets I guess. 

Kinda moped around base smelting metal, burning wood, making spark powder and gunpowder to produce advanced rounds. Hatched a tek rex from 892 parents. Came out 911 with 160 points in melee. So crafted and babysat  all the while drinking whiskey and cokes.....til 230 am....gotta be up for 5 to go to work. Was a rough day...why I did it is just as mysterious as to why ark still has bugs. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Formerly bigbearsgameoftames now the omega project - ragnarok ranch - unofficial Xbox.

Managed to get on for a couple days. Did some storage upgrades and got a bit of taming breeding and hatching done. 

Cold storage. We've become a bit capped for cold storage and I've been trying to plan a place to get it done. Well I finally decided to add a section in the bottom of the turret tower above the forge. We originally had 4 fridges for eggs, kibble, perishables, and jerky. We now have 13 fridges with room for more. We moved all the eggs and such up to the tower and repurposed the original 4 to hold produce and jerky for the cooker. Single egg fridges for rex, and theri boss breeds and one for wyvern and drake eggs. 

Taming wise we had a mixed day. First goal was a high level male spino. Befor we left i was on the way back from blue ob 2hen i stumbed across a 550 male tek stego. I grab it and take it to the pen to tame. Came out low 800s. Next We fly to the chasm for our search. He finds a 430 that he traps and starts to tame. I keep searching and stumble across a 480 male just around the corner. He tamed his just in time to trap the other. Came out 670 the other 724. On the trip home we.were venturing up the path to the rope bridge when we came a cross a 558 female tek stego. Delighted by the sight I tske the spinos he picks up the stego and heads to base to rush over to the other server to run ascension. When I get back 5o base I look in the pen and it's open...male stego still there. Turn around and see a tek carcass....daaaaaamn we left the gate open and she met the turrets I guess. 

Kinda moped around base smelting metal, burning wood, making spark powder and gunpowder to produce advanced rounds. Hatched a tek rex from 892 parents. Came out 911 with 160 points in melee. So crafted and babysat  all the while drinking whiskey and cokes.....til 230 am....gotta be up for 5 to go to work. Was a rough day...why I did it is just as mysterious as to why ark still has bugs. 

Sorry, kinda can't relate to Dino levels that highly modified. Kinda absurd. 

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Burn those candles at both ends huh?  :)

Hahaha I don't ever do that either. Just apparently decided to send er.

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

Sorry, kinda can't relate to Dino levels that highly modified. Kinda absurd. 

It's absurd for a reason.  I want to fear something. Lvl 500 dinos keep the map alive. You're not going to fist fight a lvl 500 rex like most other servers seem to allow lol. Have you tried taming a high level giga or the like? That's a challenge on its own but hey to each their own.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

It's absurd for a reason.  I want to fear something. Lvl 500 dinos keep the map alive. You're not going to fist fight a lvl 500 rex like most other servers seem to allow lol. Have you tried taming a high level giga or the like? That's a challenge on its own but hey to each their own.

Oh god. "Just gonna send it" lol

• Haha 1

Only got on for a little bit today, reorganized my base a bit. Bed hopped to my old base (crashed 4 times trying to wake up) grabbed my dung beetle and some stuff I had left there. 

Went out looking for an event Quetz and spotted a beautiful black & orange one, only level 50 though. Gave chase and as per usual it ran to frozen lake in Murder Snow. Got it knocked out and just as I laid spike walls around it a pack of direwolves ate it from under the ice. This has happened to me before lol

Pissed off, went flying back to base and spotted a 130 Yuty. It was busy chomping some diplos so I figured id just shoot it and test my luck. Before it killed the diplos I had it running from Torpor, it ran past me and feared my Griffin. Sending me all over, I dismounted for a second and got mauled by 2 purlovia and had to quickly whistle follow all and glide down the mountain. When I finally got back to the Yuty it was pitch black (even with gamma) and I couldnt get it to follow me. Then it picked a fight with a 130 Griff and got destroyed.

Annoyed went back to base and logged to make dinner and GoT* it up a bit.

*edit: After rereading it sounds dirty, acronym lol

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Was doing the usual chores around the base with the wife, when she yells from the next room "Why is this Rex glowing red?" Crap. Jump on Aralakh (Mass Effect reference) my golden Giga and demolish it without difficulty. 

Fly out to the waterbase, build for a few hours and then go Wyvern Egg hunting. I fly through the trench on my lightning Wyvern, while R raids the nests on Red Eagle (Griffin and Skyrim reference). Find nothing above level 95. 

Fly out of the scar and I see a Blue and Red level 150 Male Giga. A perfect breeding partner for Aralakh! Decided to put taming him on the shelf for the night and go after him tomorrow. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, d1nk said:

Then skip it and read the next one. No need to voice your opinion over it, some people like modified server configs and it helps keep the game fresh for them

15 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Seemed that came off as in insult, wasn't meant to be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was finally able to log in again last night after my Nitrado server was down for two days. They were good enough to give me a two day credit on my rental period even if it was Microsoft's fault. Didn't get much done since it was late in the evening for me. Stocked up all my feed troughs, applied some levels, crafted a ton of sparkpowder and shotgun ammo, and then tamed an absolutely ugly 145 pteranodon. She's red, yellow and brown. I name her Chiquita because she looks like a spotty banana.  Didn't really need her but was bored and she came out with decent stats and I want to try and add the yellow to my black, blue and purple ones. Tonight the plan is try and find an Ice Wyvern Egg. I'm sure that will go completely smooth.  :/

Edited by Kimodo
Blamed Microsoft
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2