So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

4 hours ago, SeaRex said:

Found a 195 male rex near far's peak. We have a wild 210 tamed female (listening to music... can't focus so idk if that is how you say it) at base which is hidden lake, so pretty close. Bred them twice when I got back with him. Also bred our sloths again and got another nonmutated baby! Grrr. Whatever. We're (me and my friend) breeding these guys for the gamma broodmother fight. If anyone could tell me if these (BASE) stats would work, that'd be great! ?

All post 100% imprint

8824 health

2000 stamina

oxygen, food, not important

1300-1600 weight

414 melee

These will subject to upgrades because again, these are the base stats. We usually take them on a raft to Dead Island and do some spawn clearing. Also, how many would we need? We have a wild 210 tamed Yuty and a piggie. We have I think 4 or 5 megatherium that would be ready for the boss fight so far. Actually, tonight we're planning on fighting the boss, if no one replies lol. We also are working on getting 2 ascendant assault rifles crafted from a bp we got at the very start of the game! The rifles will be 255% dmg, so I'm hoping they'll suffice. We are also going to get better saddles for the sloths (we have the upgrade station mod so no sweat). Can't wait!!

(Your base stats would be before imprints, next time link those stat numbers) The health isnt too good but the melee is decent, good stam and all that. They will do for up to medium brood and ape. Remember can bring 19 rexs and a yuty or for brood, yuty, a few megatheriums (1 person rides yuty the other a mega) and the rest rexs. The cap is 20 so you always want to bring the max. The Daedons are just used outside bosses to heal up. Look into getting a Theriz bloodline going too, for Dragon.

If you can find some better hp (9-10k base before imprints) you can easily do alpha ape for the good element rewards before you try dragon.

Edit: How manys rexs total do you have right now? With your 5 megas, 1 yuty and atleast 5 rexs you can do easy brood tonight. Dont bother with the guns yet. 1 person rides yuty, commands rexs. Other rides a megatherium, commands megas.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

Spent most of the night chasing dimorphodons. Tamed up a few high level ones, mostly 130s and above. Unfortunately the high stats I am after (hp and mellee) are in two different males so I need to do a bit of work to get them into one dimorph. Got the first stage done and got the mellee stat into a female. The next job will be getting the hp stat into a dimorph with the mellee stat but thats for another evening.

• Like 2

Tamed a doed at the new place as soon as I logged in. Once it was done I started up on the other 12 behemoth gates I needed to finish the walls. Half way through Saltire stopped by and gifted me 2x Baryonyx and 2x Thylos. Afterwards I touched up the last bits to finish my main building. 

Bred the thylos for an imprinted baby. I found a premade journeyman Thylo saddle earlier, so figured Id use it on a nice imprinted one. Stopped by the old base and gathered up most of my stuff and placed a few vaults in my new place to hold it all. There was a 135 Griffon near my base so I crafted up a trap and placed it in the middle of green valley. Tamed some level 100 ptera around where I built the trap and lured the griff into it. Worked flawlessly!

Went back to my base to get cooked mutton and such, just after I put the stuff in the griff the server went down for a few mins. After I got back on it reset a few mins back and I was midair heading back to my base to get the mutton, repeated the process and then the tame went off without a problem. Brought it back to my base, and logged off for awhile.

Came back on shortly after dinner, went on a CP run on the new griff, farmed some metal and made a few vaults and all my crafting stations. I should have enough for a forge now, next session ill get it all together. Base is coming along, just need a bunch more vaults and to set up plumbing for greenhouse and the cooker. 

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, d1nk said:

(Your base stats would be before imprints, next time link those stat numbers) The health isnt too good but the melee is decent, good stam and all that. They will do for up to medium brood and ape. Remember can bring 19 rexs and a yuty or for brood, yuty, a few megatheriums (1 person rides yuty the other a mega) and the rest rexs. The cap is 20 so you always want to bring the max. The Daedons are just used outside bosses to heal up. Look into getting a Theriz bloodline going too, for Dragon.

If you can find some better hp (9-10k base before imprints) you can easily do alpha ape for the good element rewards before you try dragon.

Edit: How manys rexs total do you have right now? With your 5 megas, 1 yuty and atleast 5 rexs you can do easy brood tonight. Dont bother with the guns yet. 1 person rides yuty, commands rexs. Other rides a megatherium, commands megas.

We did it twice last night!!! Lost one megatherium, but it was our only non imprinted one so no problemo. We even named him 'Disposable' lol. Way underestimated how fast the pig's food goes down. We used raw meat for food, and the food was going down at a thousand a second and going up at around 10 a second so no contest. Second time lost the piggie because I wasn't riding it ?. Rip Dr. Pig

Both times my friend was riding the Yuty. With the sloths, we leveled them al up to like 12k to 30k, though one has 45k and one has 60k. We have stats changed so they go up quite a bit more, so once we go on a run to dead island we can get them up to 30k or so health and 1500% melee. The second time I was riding my first sloth that I imprinted. he has 1500% melee and around 35k health. With the yuty buff and with the bug buff, he was doing 3900 dmg to the spiders and 1300 dmg to the broddmommy.

Btw, we used 9 sloths, 5 rexes, one yuty, and one pig. Fun story, when the timer was at 5 seconds, I felt so freaking nervous that I thought I would throw up. I guess it's because I originally said to leave 2 sloths at home for breeding just in case, but my friend forgot and brought all of them. Super fun times though!

Edit: Forgot to say we ended up crafting one assault rifle for me, and my friend used his 500% dmg longneck instead. I didn't even end up using my gun, just wrecked face on my sloth Tickles.

Edited by SeaRex
should be obvious lol
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 9:38 PM, GeneralBigBear said:

Lol I cooooould tell you but then it's spoiling all the fuuuuun. ?

There's 2 water entrances from that same pearl tunnel, one on the north cliffs east of Viking bay, one in or around the castle, and lastly the swamp. Yaaaaaaaaasssss

Wow, that is crazy! Looks like I have some exploring to do. I will take my Bary next time so I can pop onto land!

By swamp, do you mean the swamp around the castle or the swamp to the west. I didn't find any branch that headed west.

ArkCrossCluster1 - Ragnarok

Sooo this weekend was stressful as all hell. My Friday night was spent at the Wyvern Trench trying to find good eggs to raise over the weekend. I already had a 165 Fire egg that I had snatched a few weeks prior. But I told one of my guys that they could have it if I found a higher lvl Lightning one (Lightning Wyverns are the only ones I like). I ended up finding a 180 Lightning Wyvern not long into the search, SCORE! So I snatched it, and dipped out via traps and cliffs. I was also able to pick up a 155 Poison for one of my guys that same run. 

I spent probably 3 hours killing Wyverns down at the cave SW of Green Obby too since a buddy of mine has a base near, and wanted to grab some eggs. We used our 100% imprinted Argies - 10k HP/ 2.5k STAM/ 500% M - to fight, and were mate boosted so we had no troubles 2v1 any of the Wyverns. No luck on finding any good ones there. Went through probably a dozen eggs but none higher than lvl 95. Cleared them all out anyway and hit the sack. 

Saturday morning, we got on early and hatched the 155 Poison and the 180 Lightning. I named my Lightning "Acnalogia" and my buddy named his Poison "Chiss", since it came out with gorgeous blue and purple event colors. Which was wild as hell since it looks just like a Lightning! We vastly overestimated the amount of milk that they would need. We were running to the trenches every 3-4 hours to get more milk because we really thought that they were going to go through more. Sucks that milk/Preserving Bin/Spark Powder/Preserving Salts makes the milk last for 9 hours, but the salt only lasts for 2h in a stack of 6. I'm super cool with the 9 hours on the milk; That amount of time seems very reasonable. I'm mad that salts in the bin will have to be refreshed every 2h though. Stupid. 

Anyways, I've only got 1 imprint left on Acnalogia before he's at 100%, which i'll get done here in about an hour when I take my lunch break to head home. Super excited for my first Wyvern on Official since Rag came out!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jester331 said:

Wow, that is crazy! Looks like I have some exploring to do. I will take my Bary next time so I can pop onto land!

By swamp, do you mean the swamp around the castle or the swamp to the west. I didn't find any branch that headed west.

Yes castle swamp. Go south from the broken bridge along the cliff line (where the bridge starts on the cliff side not the castle side) follow it and you'll run into a tunnel on your left hand side. 

Spent some time hunting for some otters. Went around the spawns with my bary and ichyornis in the hope of finding a high level otter, maybe even a blue event coloured one before the colours change with the new extinction chronicle. Took a while to find the first one, but eventually started finding them. Ended up just jumping between the two spawns I know by green ob. First couple were low level males but I tamed them anyway because they took so long to find. Finally lucked out on a 135 male, it was even an event coloured one, but absolutely ugly,blue belly and greyish on top.

Bred the dimorphs again. Got the hp and mellee stat onto one dimorph, now to get stats with the colour I want , black with blue highlights from one of thw other dimorphs I have. Finally managed to hatch a male with the stats and the colours but still need a female.

Started crafting up some more taming traps. Looking to install one or two into the snow biomes to start taming yutys and maybe even rhinos. Never tamed a rhino before but apparantly they are good at the boss fights so what the heck, if nothing else itll be fun.

• Like 5

My streak of poor fortune continues. Decided to load up an argent and go to the desert in search of a dung beetle. Halfway there I spot a red beacon with the gold ring. I land, claim my goodies (a C4 detonator blueprint and a mammoth saddle) and die immediately to a 145 smilodon and friends. My mount quickly follows. RIP Cloud Dancer, my first blue and grey argent. At least she had offspring in her colors already. :( 

• Sad 5

Didn't do too much yesterday. Well, that's already an overstatement, I barely did anything at all lol. Took the newly raised 180 Lightning Wyvern out for a spin and killed 2 dozen Brontos, 10 Spinos, 20 some odd Rexes and unumerable smaller Dinos that got in the way. Leveled Acnalogia to 220 with 20k HP, 1.5k Stam and 350% melee. Did all that in about 30 minutes then logged off for much needed sleep lol. `

• Like 2

Finally got my dung beetle. Took a second argent all the way to the desert from Oluf Jungle and tamed a lvl 37. Only managed to die once when an anthropleura came out of nowhere (I looked all around before I set down) leading 3 vultures with it. Glad I placed a bed close by. Finished the tame and began the long flight home with the dung beetle safely in my argents clutches. He's now in his wooden cage next to my blue phiomia. That really should not have taken as long as it has. I'm not sure whether to start the next dino project (Rex breeding) or begin construction on the second phase of my base. Kind of torn between rexes or theras for my boss team.

• Like 2

I was looking for a deathworm for its horn in Ragnarok desert on my Lightning Wyvern and saw a lv 20 Giganotosaur, so I changed my mission to tame the giga. I went back home and made 20 stone gates and 20 spike walls then hopped on my Griffin. I saw the big skeleton and used it as a trap, lured the giga in and locked it using the stone gates, knocked it out then put down the spike walls surrounding the giga, but to my surprise it woke up.

I didn't know a giga will recover its torpor that fast, and since I know giga has huge health pool, I knocked it out again, luckily I brought enough arrows and carried a full durability mastercraft xbow (got the bp from the arkeology fossil event, that event really gave awesome stuffs, I have mc riot gloves and journeyman riot armor too and some other useful stuffs), the crossbow was almost exactly half dura after the first KO, but it's enough to KO it for the 2nd time.

In the end tamed the giga and very disappointed with the stats, i remember having the same low level giga but with much better stats. They seem to have nerfed giga too much to the point that it's useless. 

The skeleton trap that I used is so fitting with the ko'ed giga ?, like probably was the skeleton of an alpha giga that the game never had. ?

zZeN2Fz.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DonaldDuck said:

In the end tamed the giga and very disappointed with the stats, i remember having the same low level giga but with much better stats. They seem to have nerfed giga too much to the point that it's useless. 

They've nerfed the the Giga over and over and over. It's to the point now where a giga is basically only worth getting for meat runs near your bases. It's a great meat runner, no doubt. But that's it. 

On top of that, the stats are basically the same for all Gigas regardless of level. Their base states are so high, and their stat increase per level so low that a lvl 20 Giga is nearly no different than a lvl 150. 

1 minute ago, Veraduun said:

They've nerfed the the Giga over and over and over. It's to the point now where a giga is basically only worth getting for meat runs near your bases. It's a great meat runner, no doubt. But that's it. 

On top of that, the stats are basically the same for all Gigas regardless of level. Their base states are so high, and their stat increase per level so low that a lvl 20 Giga is nearly no different than a lvl 150. 

Yeah, it can't cover large ground, it gets tired very easily, and what most disappointing is the domesticated level doesn't help much, the addition per level is too low.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Yeah, it can't cover large ground, it gets tired very easily, and what most disappointing is the domesticated level doesn't help much, the addition per level is too low.

You never sprint on a Giga thats why :P its slow walk is still faster than rexs and such. It's bite radius is so huge makes an excellent meat runner. Also use it to kill alphas near ur base and such. Other than that it isnt much use

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Yupp, the redundant nerfs were likely because they were a near unstoppable raid Dino. Not that they could exactly soak because of their rage mechanic, but they were unmatched when assaulting a hoard of enemy dinos. But their strength is irrelevant now since Wyverns and Reapers came out. Reapers are the new Giga, being stronger imo. But obviously much harder to obtain. 

Played a bit during the day today on my day off after attemping to get some job applications done. Key word attempting. Anyway basically did a bit more breeding with my rexes this time. I want to get the good stats from the two good rexs I have with the colours I want. I want to combine the blue/black top of the female with the white underbelly of the male, it would give me a perfect starting pair of breeders. Ok the stats arent wonderful but its a place to start. I struck lucky with the first egg hatching the perfect colour combo female with the stats. Now all I need to do is get the same but male but thats for another day or evening lol

With the dimorph breeding I finally got the female with the stats and the colours I need so now I have the breeding pair of dimorphs I want.

Of course at this point I ran out of time before the servers daily restart and I decided to call it until the update hit. Never did get back on as nitrado are understandably taking their time updating the servers. I just wanted to tame a tek raptor tonight :Jerbcry:

• Like 2

Haven't done much lately. Built a bit more on the water base, went exploring the ocean with the wife (Tusos and Mosas freak her out, don't know if she'll ever go back into the deep now) fed and logged. 

Mostly been playing State of Decay 2 with her and my brothers. We're planning on having an "Ark weekend" this weekend though, so maybe we'll get some stuff done. 

• Like 1

I really didn’t do that much, I am in the middle stages of the ark experience so I was able to tame a lvl 24 came out 29 tek stego. I’m mainly going to use it for harvesting narco berries. I play solo so I also lost my lvl 50 something ptera (rip Bobby) while I was trying to get oil in the winter area. I had to tame a replacement, so I started to look in my area for a new one. I considered taking an argentaves because they can carry meatal and it would be 50% lighter. I tried 3 times, the first was knocked over water so it drowned, the second was knocked but a random Rex came by and killed it, and the final time a frickin Dilo killed it when I left it to get more narcs. So I went back to finding a ptera because they are a pretty easy tame. I found a gorgeous dark red ptera lvl 75 and it was like a 20 min tame because my server has a 3x on taming. I also found the blue print to a journeyman saber tooth saddle, after some reading online I learned about their amazing power with a good saddle. My area has maybe 5  sabertooths every time I come out, so I tame a weak lvl 40 just to see how easy of a tame it was. It took reallly long however I didn’t need to use ANY extra narcs. I already had a lvl 111 raptor so I was pretty spectical about it’s future use at my base. However it is amazing at gathering chitin and hide, so I spent a whole killing many animals with it. That was about it, I am planning to tame a level 100 tomorrow because of their amazing use. It was lvl 55 and it could move faster then my lvl 111 raptor which was 164% speed! I can’t wait for tomarrow because of my future sabertooth.

• Like 4