So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Its great to finaly get the base move finished, can finally start doing stuff again. I took full advantage of the recently completed kibble farm and raised up myself a fully imprinted thylo and bary. Saddled them both up with journeyman saddles, I had a premade thylo saddle out a drop and I crafted up the bary saddle from a bp I had.

Noticed a 145 male rex down in the green ob valley, so I rushed to assemble a rex pitfall trap in the valley below my base. Once completed, I lured the rex into the trap with my new thylo, downed the thing and tamed it. My first rex tame of this server, about time lol ! Towed the thing back to base. Had a few hiccups with a microraptor and the flock of wild argies did a real number on the rex with out a saddle on it, lost quiet a bit of health, but got it back all the same. I really need to find out if the new trap can deal with gigas, I guess thats the next project for when one spawns in the valley.

Went out on the wyvern exploring the drops in the ice cave and desert. The ice cave drops were just awful but I had more luck with the desert ones. Got not one but two ascendant giga saddles (if only I had gigas to stick them on), some fur gear/bp and more ascendant riot. Struck lucky with a ringed red drop and got an ascendant thylo saddle bp, cant wait to craft it up and put it on the new thylo. Took a chainsaw for a spin as I had it on good authority it was good for collecting hide and oh my goodness what have I been missing all this time lol. Sooooo much hide, I really need to get a good bp, currently running around with a primitive and it doesnt last lol.

• Like 2

Wife and I finished the base renovations finally. Got everything moved, built and set up. Flew out to our chosen waterbase spot and built a bit before calling it a night. 

Reactivated the Easter and Valentine's day events, so there's all sorts of colorful dinos to search for. R really wants to start breeding, so we went out hunting for a female Spino. We already have two males with great stats, the female we have is junk. 

Couldn't find a single female over 135, so we went back to building up our new waterbase. Halfway through the build, I realized it was way to big, and decided to cut it in half. 

Demolished a good chunk before calling it a night. Before I logged, I received a message from some old allies, from my legacy days. They recently returned to Ark, and wanted to know if I wanted to join they're unofficial cluster. 

Told them I had my own and they were welcome to join. I think I'll create a new character on their servers and if they want, they can also come over to mine. 

• Like 2

Xbox - Player Dedi. - Ragnarok

Played a little over the past week and accomplished a good bit. Tamed a 145 Basil. and leveled it some while doing some exploration and gathering biotoxin. Killed a Alpha Mosa (which was quite scary) and an alpha mega.

Then went to viking bay and got some black pearls and explored the underwater tunnel, which is HUGE! A great place to safely get loads of pearls. I think one branch opens up into a cave on labd somewhere!

Then I made some vaults, gathered a good bit of metal, made a bunch of gunpowdee for upcoming cave explorations. Can't wait even though Life's Labyrinth is going to be a pain!

• Like 2

Today I found a 172 female allo to breed with my 225 male at home, so I trapped it and tamed it. Brought it back to base and bred them. I changed the colors of my 225 allo with cheats, just for fun. I would show the pictures of the baby, but it says  

"You are only allowed to upload 399.36kb." 

So... idk. Unfortunately the 225 allo tamed with low melee, and the 172 allo tamed with low health, and they both had one point above average for health (for the 225) and melee damage (for the 172). And luckily the baby got both the good stats plus the 172's good stamina! I also got like 10 eggs from our scorpion egg farm. Looked for rexes for what felt like an hour, found around 10, all crappy levels. So I quit a little earlier today... Actually, right now I need to check on my baby allo! ?

*Sigh* I was hoping for a short play on Ark tonight as you know, long day at work and probably just as long tommorow, but of course there isnt just a quick nip onto Ark lol.

Decided that I really needed to tame a theri so I went out for a quick look on the wyvern. Could do with the theri for the fiber collection (this ascendant thylo saddle wont make itself and thats a lot of fiber) as well as for breeding. Barely made it over the base walls and I spotted a drop dead gorgeous event blue 135 female rex, so of course I had to tame that. Levels a bit lower than I am aiming for but at the very least it would be a good breeder just for the colour and also it would give me a female as an egg layer for rex kibble. So I kited it all the way down the valley to my rex trap on my wyvern and knocked it out. Of course I used all of my scorpion kibble on the last rex and the scorpion in the kibble barn really needs to start pulling its weight in there, so mutton from the highlands it was. Tamed up the rex and took it back to base. The stats aren't great. The hp is just god awful but at least the stam and melee is higher than the male. But isnt she just gorgeous, love the blue body and dark blue back although not sold on the purple underneath. Am going to say its just as good a colour as the easter coloured one I tamed on the last server I was on. Love anything blue or cyan.

rps20180809_223030.thumb.jpg.4aa973c1a5bcf7a61c0c56f068d0d945.jpg

Then a quick scout around the theri spawns that I know about. Nothing too special just low levels. Even risked the area around blue ob but didnt hang around long incase a dashboard struck. Just as I thought about logging of for the night I find the dream 150 strolling along the canyon floor near my base. So I picked it up, took it back to the taming pen at my base and tamed it up. Thank goodness it only took 30 minutes on the boosted rates, although still longer than I was hoping for tonight.

Did a quick fiber run on the new theri and crafted up the ascendant thylo saddle and saddled up my imprinted thylo with it before logging off.

• Like 4

Guest DJRone89

Tamed an event purple 150 Rex. Stats are trash so I’ll probably trade it off. It poofed on my taming boat a couple times, captured the whole thing on DVR but it scared me at first because I thought it had despawned. This was on the north coast right next to the volcano on the black beach where the first lava river flows.

Considering my water pen is opposite the swamp on the west coast, it took a little while for me to get up there, kite it to the boat, and then take it back. So when I was far enough out to sea (a sarco took a bite out of my taming effectiveness once in the past while I was on the move), I tranked it for starve taming. FYI, my water pen has a teleporter on land straight to my main base for those wondering why I’d take it there lol

18 hours ago, Jester331 said:

Xbox - Player Dedi. - Ragnarok

Played a little over the past week and accomplished a good bit. Tamed a 145 Basil. and leveled it some while doing some exploration and gathering biotoxin. Killed a Alpha Mosa (which was quite scary) and an alpha mega.

Then went to viking bay and got some black pearls and explored the underwater tunnel, which is HUGE! A great place to safely get loads of pearls. I think one branch opens up into a cave on labd somewhere!

Then I made some vaults, gathered a good bit of metal, made a bunch of gunpowdee for upcoming cave explorations. Can't wait even though Life's Labyrinth is going to be a pain!

That cave has 5 entrances and is massive. Loads of fun to get lost or trapped in lol. Lots of things that hurt live there. 

I use that pearl tunnel myself for for my runs. I tske a Basili, flippers, tek helm and a stack of element, but have done it with multiple tanks in the earlier days. 

Nitrado - gameoftames - ragnarok

Minimal game time still cause of the summer and work. It's almost a chore to keep the critters fed. The cluster is rather active now across all the maps too and I'm missing out lol. Such is life. Everyone's tales of the ark keep things fresh  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GeneralBigBear said:

That cave has 5 entrances and is massive. Loads of fun to get lost or trapped in lol. Lots of things that hurt live there. 

I use that pearl tunnel myself for for my runs. I tske a Basili, flippers, tek helm and a stack of element, but have done it with multiple tanks in the earlier days. 

Nitrado - gameoftames - ragnarok

Minimal game time still cause of the summer and work. It's almost a chore to keep the critters fed. The cluster is rather active now across all the maps too and I'm missing out lol. Such is life. Everyone's tales of the ark keep things fresh  

I took the same stuff minus the tek helm. Still need to murder the bosses. Nervous about the Manticore not wanting land. I only know of two entraces and one that was a deadend, care to tell where the others are?

Been working alot lately also, but mostly me and my wife play. Didn't get much done today other than taming a 140 white frog, gathering some rare mushrooms in the swamp and getting kapro'ed about 7 or 8 times.

Oh andd found BP for an Ascendant Longneck with 700% dmg that is impossible to make. Only needs a luttle over 23,000 metal!

Edited by Jester331
  • Like 2

Today just enjoying the map moving from place to place, Ragnarok map is super huge in total, but when visiting biome to biome, each biome seems kinda small-ish. Also checking how people build their bases, some really are creative, some are dino hoarders, and some are really ambitious.

A super huge base is always fascinating to me, sometimes beside dinoes that are common for boss fighting, it also has uncommon bred of dinoes in large number. Kinda see how some people really have invested too much times breeding for boss but still have time for breeding other dinoes as well, I stumbled upon a base that has those, and on top of that, the base is super super huge like maybe 60x60, half finished, already in half-full metal foundations and still 4 metal walls high. The foundations alone are more or less 3600, were in stones but damn still being replaced by metal. That's really something. 3600 metal stone foundations alone are time consuming to make, redo that with metal lol, that's equal to 288,000 stones in 64 storage boxes @4500. 

For comparison, my base is 16x16 and the total area that I use is probably 50x50 with the yard. I think I only use 25 storage boxes full of stones for building my base and finished it in 2 weeks. I did it solo though, I bet that base is built by large group of people.

• Like 3

This time it was just a quick one, didnt get distracted tonight lol. Tonight I went out on an adventure to the Carnivorous Caverns on thylo-back to grab the two artifacts found there. Went in from the northern entrance and my goodness I forgot how dark it was there, am glad I waited till I got a bulbdog. Dodged the megalosaurus taking out the occasional one I woke up and the megalania didnt seem to mind me much which was great because I forgot they spawned there and I was paranoid about megarabies. Eventually found my way to the artifact of the cunning and finally to the artifact of the immune and went back to base.

Installed them into the breeding barn as well as the other two I had. Now have the immune, cunning, strong and brute. The only other one I have a chance at getting solo will the the devourer but I need to start taming water tames for that first. As for the other artifacts I doubt I could do the ice cave, jungle dungeon and lifes labyrinth solo. Even as a group I dont look forward to the labyrinth but I am getting ahead of myself lol.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jester331 said:

I took the same stuff minus the tek helm. Still need to murder the bosses. Nervous about the Manticore not wanting land. I only know of two entraces and one that was a deadend, care to tell where the others are?

Been working alot lately also, but mostly me and my wife play. Didn't get much done today other than taming a 140 white frog, gathering some rare mushrooms in the swamp and getting kapro'ed about 7 or 8 times.

Oh andd found BP for an Ascendant Longneck with 700% dmg that is impossible to make. Only needs a luttle over 23,000 metal!

Lol I cooooould tell you but then it's spoiling all the fuuuuun. ?

There's 2 water entrances from that same pearl tunnel, one on the north cliffs east of Viking bay, one in or around the castle, and lastly the swamp. Yaaaaaaaaasssss

• Like 2

Spent most of the day farming yesterday. At first I was just farming up a few premades to make a few boat traps and etc. Tamed a 130 purple rex near Green  then walked it back to my base. Got kicked 7 times yesterday, one of which was right when a 140 rex jumped my caravan of farmers. Luckily my beaver and bear killed it.. but took my Bulbdog. :( So I had enough of this place! I farmed a few behe gates then went on a expedition to find a new place. 

Flew around for a solid 2 hours. Every spot was close to a base or didnt meet my needs. I finally decided on Lake Vogues near Green obby. Went back to base to start farming up a new base. While farming ran into a 150 saber and a 174 Tek Steggo and tamed them. Premade 15 behe gate sets, few hundred walls, foundations etc then demolished my breeding room to premake some ACs and Fridges.

Flew to the new place to start the build. After a near death with an alpha carno got my gates placed and outlined a new main building and thatched out a breeding pen. Called it quits for the night, hopefully I get some more time this weekend to finish my new base!

• Like 3

Had a disastrous few days. Caught some kind of stomache bug from my nephew who had spent the week in Disneyland so I was trying to make the best of my sick days. Turns out I was too sick to make good decisions. Was farming chitin in the jungle cave when the server spasmed and somehow dropped me through the floor into a huge cavern full of lava and abandoned fortifications. Got knocked off my mount somehow into the lava and lost my favorite mount; a 260ish forrest green pelagornis with over 3khp, 1k stamina and 500% MD with a perfect imprint. (I like the pelagornis, theres nothing bad about a flying jetski with an area of effect bite :P ) He’s still down there somewhere so I grab my second best mount who is a dark blue offspring named Tsunami that I worked up to 250.  Got mobbed by 6 anthropleura with over 750 levels between them and died to the last one standing. RIP Tsunami. I decided not to throw good money after bad since Forrest was safe enough til I make a serious attempt to get him. 

Later I spot a tapejara and it’s 145. I stalk him until he lands and barely miss a bola throw because I crossed the line from jungle shade to a patch of sunlight and the gamma changed the jungle brush to darkness just as I made the toss. Mr. Tapejara flew off into the sky towards the blue obelisk. I grabbed Peter Griffin and gave chase only to accidently dismount somewhere way above the obelisk. I was at least smart enough to bring a parachute. Several hours later I relocate Peter Griffin and decide to call it a bad day. Mr. Tapejara is still up there somewhere, presumably closer to the moon than Earth. 

Edited by Kimodo
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Kimodo said:

Had a disastrous few days. Caught some kind of stomache bug from my nephew who had spent the week in Disneyland so I was trying to make the best of my sick days. Turns out I was too sick to make good decisions. Was farming chitin in the jungle cave when the server spasmed and somehow dropped me through the floor into a huge cavern full of lava and abandoned fortifications. Got knocked off my mount somehow into the lava and lost my favorite mount; a 260ish forrest green pelagornis with over 3khp, 1k stamina and 500% MD with a perfect imprint. (I like the pelagornis, theres nothing bad about a flying jetski with an area of effect bite :P ) He’s still down there somewhere so I grab my second best mount who is a dark blue offspring named Tsunami that I worked up to 250.  Got mobbed by 6 anthropleura with over 900 levels between them and died to the last one standing. RIP Tsunami. I decided not to throw good money after bad since Forrest was safe enough til I make a serious attempt to get him. 

Later I spot a tapejara and it’s 145. I stalk him until he lands and barely miss a bola throw because I crossed the line from jungle shade to a patch of sunlight and the gamma changed the jungle brush to darkness just as I made the toss. Mr. Tapejara flew off into the sky towards the blue obelisk. I grabbed Peter Griffin and gave chase only to accidently dismount somewhere way above the obelisk. I was at least smart enough to bring a parachute. Several hours later I relocate Peter Griffin and decide to call it a bad day. Mr. Tapejara is still up there somewhere, presumably closer to the moon than Earth. 

I have a Griffin with the same name haha.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Did a bit of resource gathering and did a round of drop hunting and hitting up the ice cave and desert loot crates.  Got really lucky today with loot including an ascendant longneck bp, ascendant gas mask, ascendant chainsaw, a mc flamethrower bp and some ascendant fur leggings. Crafted up the longneck as its going to be so much better than my journeyman one I am using for taming. 

Came across a 140 female rex (a nice white/light purple rex) so of course I had to kite it to my trap and tame it. Of course I didnt luck out on the stats, the other two rexs I already have have the better stats but itll do for breeding or kibble. 

Also came across a 145 male vulture in the desert so I tamed it up and I now have a breeding pair of vultures to play around with. I guess theyll be good for caving. Still trying to get around to taming some dimorphs for similiar purposes as I prefer them over the vultures, just because vultures dont really do it for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Spent most of the day farming yesterday. At first I was just farming up a few premades to make a few boat traps and etc. Tamed a 130 purple rex near Green  then walked it back to my base. Got kicked 7 times yesterday, one of which was right when a 140 rex jumped my caravan of farmers. Luckily my beaver and bear killed it.. but took my Bulbdog. :( So I had enough of this place! I farmed a few behe gates then went on a expedition to find a new place. 

Flew around for a solid 2 hours. Every spot was close to a base or didnt meet my needs. I finally decided on Lake Vogues near Green obby. Went back to base to start farming up a new base. While farming ran into a 150 saber and a 174 Tek Steggo and tamed them. Premade 15 behe gate sets, few hundred walls, foundations etc then demolished my breeding room to premake some ACs and Fridges.

Yeah the blue ob thing sucks.... shame you have had to move already I had hoped you were far enough away. I feel your pain.

I have a taming pen set up across the water from your new base, so let me know if it causes you any problems and I'll dismantle it. Of course feel free to use it in the mean time, I always leave my traps unlocked  lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah the blue ob thing sucks.... shame you have had to move already I had hoped you were far enough away. I feel your pain.

I have a taming pen set up across the water from your new base, so let me know if it causes you any problems and I'll dismantle it. Of course feel free to use it in the mean time, I always leave my traps unlocked  lol

No, I love it! Already tamed a 130 rex in there last night and will use it more!

Its unfortunate I agree, im glad I got out of there before I started placing industrial items though! Originally wanted to build at the other side of green but theres probably the biggest single base ive seen in awhile back there lol! I bet 4 render blocks worth are over structure limis. Crazy! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

No, I love it! Already tamed a 130 rex in there last night and will use it more!

Its unfortunate I agree, im glad I got out of there before I started placing industrial items though! Originally wanted to build at the other side of green but theres probably the biggest single base ive seen in awhile back there lol! I bet 4 render blocks worth are over structure limis. Crazy! 

Ah glad to hear that, just put that down about a day ago and didnt fancy having to relocate it.

Huh that base isnt springing to my mind atm.

• Like 2

Aberration^^.

Prepared all for the double breeding weekend. Filled the freezer with cooked and raw meat, that was much running with Spino. Every Tribe was running up and down the Rivers for Meat and Baby Reaper levelling. Never seen so much people at the same time on the same place. Placed 25 Troughs in total in the Breeding House. Breeded 8 Spino Eggs, 6 of them were from the Magenta Spino i have. 3 of them came out in complete Magenta  .

The Rest were green, so i let them starve except 1. Need him for my Scorched Earth Base. The Other 2 Eggs i breed i traded from another tribe, they should be Blue. But both are not Blue, but a Pink Fin and a Pink Belly. They had 320 Melee, so i keep them. Breeeded the 6 Sarco Eggs i made earlier the Week. 1 had twins. So i hatched 6 females and 1 male. I keep them all, i need the Eggs for Tek Stego Taming. Only have 23 Sarco Eggs at the Moment, not enough for a high Level Stego. Breeded 3 Featherlights and 1 Glowtail too. No Mutations. So they will stay at the base. I found more blue Otter next to the Base. I am at 8 blue Otter now. Highest is 57.

PS_Messages_20180811_223857.jpg

• Like 2

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Rosswell Corporation or something

The mast active admin on the server, so active he’s taking a huge break from game lol

Started up a new server, no tame sole tribe, just gethering what I can in the early game. More to come...

Found a 195 male rex near far's peak. We have a wild 210 tamed female (listening to music... can't focus so idk if that is how you say it) at base which is hidden lake, so pretty close. Bred them twice when I got back with him. Also bred our sloths again and got another nonmutated baby! Grrr. Whatever. We're (me and my friend) breeding these guys for the gamma broodmother fight. If anyone could tell me if these (BASE) stats would work, that'd be great! ?

All post 100% imprint

8824 health

2000 stamina

oxygen, food, not important

1300-1600 weight

414 melee

These will subject to upgrades because again, these are the base stats. We usually take them on a raft to Dead Island and do some spawn clearing. Also, how many would we need? We have a wild 210 tamed Yuty and a piggie. We have I think 4 or 5 megatherium that would be ready for the boss fight so far. Actually, tonight we're planning on fighting the boss, if no one replies lol. We also are working on getting 2 ascendant assault rifles crafted from a bp we got at the very start of the game! The rifles will be 255% dmg, so I'm hoping they'll suffice. We are also going to get better saddles for the sloths (we have the upgrade station mod so no sweat). Can't wait!!

• Like 2

Raising my first reaper this weekend, lvl 220 and event colored, wohoo!

Also some Featherlights that will replace my old ones as soon as they are adults. 

Tomorrow I'll try my luck with my yutis again, but so far I had to kill almost all babies since they never get the stats and colors right, or at least close to what I want...

• Like 1