So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Found you, thought thats where you might be. Next to where the artifact of the skylord used to be. 

Oh yeah?! Good to know! Did you see any big bases around? I plan to expand upon that whole flat ridge above the lake.. now to actually plan a base (something im terrible at.. ill usually just wing it lol)

hi so today i helped an ally to raise his babys did some meat/berri runs. I also did some milkruns and narced a 185 femal lightening wyvern without a trap and with my pteranodon xD. i Was so proud hehe. I did then a huge metal run cristal run either. 

Tomorrow my 3 wyverns will grown up and i keep geting wilk for them farming metal/cristal/poly tame maybe a high lvl quetz and explore new cave xd

• Like 2

Finally, tamed the exact same Achatina Lv85 that I failed to tame I mentioned a few days ago, I recognized the color, it's grey, and it didn't move from the exact same location I tamed it a few days ago, and when I KO'ed, it's also fully starved with 0 food. Weird. Costed me two rafts this time on a tame-capped server.

XPu180r.jpg

TAMED !!! 

gwWk1nH.png

• Like 4

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, d1nk said:

Oh yeah?! Good to know! Did you see any big bases around? I plan to expand upon that whole flat ridge above the lake.. now to actually plan a base (something im terrible at.. ill usually just wing it lol)

Check out some popular you tubers for base idas. Steal an idea and recondition it

30 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Check out some popular you tubers for base idas. Steal an idea and recondition it

Hahaha my usual go-to! I like to make my places efficient without to many wasted spaces.

Im just trying to plan the walls right now, tamed a doed and brought my raft base near and farmed up a couple behe gates already. Killed a 130 alpha raptor earlier and got those sweet sweet element shards 

• Like 2

Well we actually did it - 5 man team instead of our usual 3 made ALL the difference.

Last night we back to back ran ALL the alpha bosses on our Island server and we're now all Alpha Ascended on the Island, Scorched Earth and Aberration - oddly the Island last.  Only lost a few REX on the sub bosses (that Dragon!!), 3-4 to the lava going down the Tek cave and only 1-2 to the Overseer. All in all a massive success.

Hardest part about the whole experience was getting the attack teams to the obelisk and volcano respectively - having already done the dragon previously we had access to tek transmitter which sort of helped with that.  Tried using it to teleport our dinos up to the volcano after defeating the Alpha Dragon - most turned up there, some went missing in transit.

The additional Gigas on the path down the Tek cave were interesting challenges, trying to position ourselves in such ways to shoot and try aggro them into the lava - not so easy at the last one when they're on the main path down.

Now back to our peaceful lives on Ragnarok until Extinction is ready for us.

• Like 4

Continued with the base relocation. Yet again it seemed to take  for ever to do anything. Basically farmed up resources for most of the evening.  

Began to install the electrics into the house, basically just the genny and a couple of lights. Installed the behomoth gates and so blocking off my base area from the local wildlife... hopefully.... thankfully I didnt need to many gates. Got the stone foundations down for one of the stables, the new breeding barn and the new kibble barn. Still unsure about moving the kibble farm over to the new base but at the very least the building will get uswd for something. I guess for the kibble farm to actually work it'll need to be at the new base so that the dinos are actually within render diatance and so lay eggs...

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

Started the night off last night by moving my raft base near my new place, setting up a small taming pen and throwing a 50 doed in there. I wasnt sure I was going to be able to KO it with just arrows but it went down :) After, threw a white level 90 iguanadon to tame while I started the grind on getting walls done. I was level 65 and still using primitive tools and farming by hand, this low doed really jumped up my farming game a bunch. I got the lower section of walls done, tamed a phiomia in the process until a person on the server offered me one of his cast off mutated raptors, I couldnt refuse so went over to claim it and bring back to my base as a guard dog. Ive been getting bombed by argentavis for awhile and my noob parasaur died in one of the attacks :P 

Taking a break from farming for a bit I flew around my new area checking out the scene. Spotted a 130 anky so threw it in my taming pen. I asked the guy who gave me my raptor if he had any tool blueprints I could craft from then went over to make them in exchange for mating my green argy with his females. He liked the colour.

Went back to my place and finished up my walls on the back side, just in time. A 145 theriz has been wandering around my base and ive been avoiding it all day. Just as I placed the last gate he came waltzing up to try and shred my face. I had to lure him away off a cliff for a time out. 

Long day concluding, got some real work done on my perimeter walls and now can wander safely within my walls without fear of being mauled by pouncing raptors! Ill have to convince the guy above my base to add a fence to his outpost in top snow so the various rexs and sabers there dont drop in and pay me a visit. I can get some real time in tomorrow, we have a provincial holiday so I get the day off work! :Jerbhi:

• Like 3

Today I tamed 4 new scorpions at dead island for the kibble farm, (oh yeah we have a kibble farm ?) and made an industrial grill for the first time. Actually, this season (I'm playing on the island with my friend) is the first time I've ever had an industrial anything! We have a forge and a grill right now, we're going for an industrial cooker, and I'm secretly planning on making a chem bench as a surprise! I need more pearls though, and conveniently we need more oil too, so I guess we'll do another ocean run with the Barys. Oh and I just remembered! Last night we went into three caves on our 210 base tamed wolves: central cave, no problem,  two artifacts, lower south cave, no problem except for a megalania that dropped off the ceiling and gave us a heart attack,  two artifacts, but then, when we got to the lava cave, things went bad.

We got most of the way there without a problem, but then, at the area right before the artifact, we both got mega rabies from some bats! We'd completely forgotten to make some antidote! So we died, and my dog was in lava so we both used god and infinitestats to get our stuff and the artifact. Oh, and we spent about an hour spawn clearing and looking for good level male rexes for the megapithecus boss fight (more on that in a sec). We need a male because I flew up to frozen tooth for metal and spotted a black and orange 210 female rex! The max level on our server is 225, so compare that to finding a 140 on official and you'll have an idea of how we felt. Funny story, we never knew the max level was 225 until a few days ago, when I found a 225 dodo. We'd previously thought the max was 217. Now of course I've found a 225 allo and saber, but that's irrelevant.

So we were looking for good male rexes, and my friend is like, OOOOOOOOHHH!! I say, what!?! And he says, well I guess it's not that exciting but he'd found a 187 female rex, meaning we can't breed it. So I'm rushing over, and then he's like, hurry it's getting attacked by a Yuty!! So I'm saying I can't go any faster when he gets fear roared, so he doesn't know what's going on. Now this Yuty happened to be level 165, so it and it's team of carnos destroyed it pretty quickly. I saw it happen, and I was like damn, and my friend was going on about how he HATES yutys and their stupid mechanics. ?

So later he's down at the Maw and he happens upon a 112 male rex. So we tame this as a fallback in case we don't find any higher level ones, easy trap, and pretty quick tame. He's getting it back to base when I see a BEAUTIFUL Tek Rex on the side of Frozen Tooth. I spyglass it, it's a freaking lvl 44!! We then decided to use Megatherium for the broodmother instead of rexes, and save them for the dragon and megapithecus. So after a while of searching, the highest I'd seen was a 135, which is the equivalent of a 90 on official, so I didn't go for it. We've decided that anyone can go on at any time, but they can't tame anything unless it's a Megatherium or a scorpion for kibble. I'm sure we'd make an exception if we found like a 200+ male rex, but we haven't gotten that straight yet so idk.

So the other thing I did this morning, after checking the trible log and finding out that my friend had tamed a sloth (only a 112) but it was killed by the also 112 blue giga that's hanging out near frozen tooth, was find a dark purple megatherium lvl 217!! I kited it out of the snow and into the little trench near hidden lake. I moved away from it a little and started arranging stone dino gateways with the poles clipping through the entrances of the surrounding ones so he wouldn't be able to escape. when I tried to kite him/her in she/he stopped and just attacked one of the gateways. So I stealthily got of my argentavis and picked up (S+) the other gateways. There were only 8, including the one she was attacking but luckily she was up against the wall, so I sort of just mishmashed them together into an inescapable mess. When I was tranqing her, it seemed she was taking way more tranq arrows than Dododex said and was looking pretty bloody, but she was eventually brought down with whatever 1499/5476 of her health to spare. 

Also, an 135 alpha raptor spawned pretty much right in our base and killed our first Pteranodon. The rexes and the spino brought him to very low health, and then the dimorphodoin killed him and got 12 levels! On another note, I found an ever-elusive Ovis in the snow being wrecked by sabers, so I got about 160 mutton and cooked it in the industrial grill that I had very luckily made an hour before. 

So tomorrow I think I'll go hunting for another sloth, and take the existing one on a fun little murder spree.:Jerblove:

• Like 5

Decided to take two tribemates and set up a griffin trap on Ragnarok. Spent about 30 mins setting up the trap and the next two hours flying around looking for a griffin. We finally find one and in our excitement we didn't really check it's level. We lure it into the trap, which works perfectly, and proceed to down it with tranq arrows. Turns out its level 15. We tame it easily and it comes out at level 18. It's stats are terrible, it only has 800 HP, 60% Melee Damage and it's stamina and weight are barely enough to get it off the ground. We named it Peter Griffin because it's the worst griffin I've ever seen. We found a second griffin shortly afterwards and didn't even bother because it was level 11.

• Haha 4

ArkCrossCluster1 - Ragnarok

So this weekend was pretty eventful! I work 50 hours a week, so I usually only get to spend about 1-2 hours on Ark each day during the week. But on the weekends, my 4 other irl friends and I play pretty much all day Saturday/Sunday. Well this weekend, I had a great many plans for my personal base at the Castle, but CONTINUOUSLY GOT INTERRUPTED BY PEOPLE WANTING TO HANG OUT lmao. So finally when I was able to get around to playing (about 10pm Saturday) I was able to get the 1st Floor of the Castle dissected and moved to the Crafting Room on the 2nd Floor. I had planned on making the 1st Floor the Incubation Room for Wyverns, as no other Floor in the Castle is large enough for a Wyvern to go in or out. 

Got everything moved and started on my new Incubation Room build. Put down my cable system first, with the Generator 80% meshed into the wall (the Castle is basically built to mesh things where they shouldn't go) and tossed down 16 AC units distributed evenly in a 4 x 4 area. Fence foundations to square it in, and pillars for the foundation support. Got everything placed together nicely, and made a turret tower on the back wall near the ceiling with complete view of both entrances. Tossed down 7 Fridges in a nice and accessible spot, 6 preserving bins, 2 indy grills and an indy cooker with water connection from the swamp (mmmm muddy leech kibbles). 

Finally, on Sunday, my tribe bear breeder over on the Center map spotted a 150 Black and Event Purple Female Quetz!! I stopped what I was doing and immediately ran over to the Blue Ob to transfer over. I was pretty much grabbing narcotics and darts while running to the Quetz we already have to get there before anyone else could spot it lmao. We got over, made a Quetz trap and was able to trap it no problem. The REAL PROBLEM is that somehow I didn't realize that the Quetz trap doesn't work all that well anymore, since they don't regenerate stamina while flying (rip Quetz worth) so we kept it in the air for about an hour until the 3.5k stam ran low on our current birdy, then let it drop below on a nice and spacious cliff that we secured and spike walled. While I was waiting the remaining hour (mutton taming because we didn't have any kibble left) I decided I needed something to do to pass the time. SO OF COURSE I BUILT SOMETHING haha. Build a cute little dusty ol' crack shack out of wood near the Quetz. Bunch of signs with expletives inside for those that decide to break in, and even some chairs! My friend grabbed some angler gel for a standing torch that we put inside so that it'll be nice and spooky at night time. By the time that was all done and we finished spamming emotes, the Quetz was ready for mutton. Got it all good to go and flew it back to the Ob with only a 2 minute wait time! 

All in all, a good weekend. :)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kimodo said:

Decided to take two tribemates and set up a griffin trap on Ragnarok. Spent about 30 mins setting up the trap and the next two hours flying around looking for a griffin. We finally find one and in our excitement we didn't really check it's level. We lure it into the trap, which works perfectly, and proceed to down it with tranq arrows. Turns out its level 15. We tame it easily and it comes out at level 18. It's stats are terrible, it only has 800 HP, 60% Melee Damage and it's stamina and weight are barely enough to get it off the ground. We named it Peter Griffin because it's the worst griffin I've ever seen. We found a second griffin shortly afterwards and didn't even bother because it was level 11.

I spend SO MUCH TIME killing low lvl Griffs in hopes for a higher lvl one to replace them. Been actively on Ragnarok for over a month and haven't seen a 150 yet. I think it's just my luck though. Probably someone else grabbing them first and reaping the rewards of my hard work killing them all lol. 

• Haha 1

Moved back to our peaceful Ragnarok map server after ascending from The Island.

Spent a couple of hours using S+ demo gun to slowly pull down our existing build there with plans on re-building it better.  Nothing wrong with our current build but it was a functional build - stone boxes with lots of vaults and things packed in tightly with all our kibble dinos crammed into the yard outside.  

Hep started to tackle a new kibble dino barn using ECO Stables mod and made a nice looking shed whilst I worked on the new pond.  Our old pond was just deep enough to get in a mosa/tuso in but then when restarting server they would all end up with faces in floor and tail high out of the water so obviously not comfortable for them.

Its a private unofficial server so I bit the bullet and decided to claim the Bay - walling up the full width under the path out then doing the same just before rocks above the pearl cave down there.  I then added ceilings to create a bridge off the top of my walls (gotta love S+ fence supports to get nice straight fences) to allow us to cross the lake without having to go all the way around.  I finished it off by adding electric and a couple of heavy turrets each side of the bridge to stop unwanted animals coming over it to our base.

Tonight if I can get my new SSD fitted and working in a reasonable time I plan to continue our new build and start on our house now the dinos have theirs.

• Like 3

Aberration

Building a 3 x 3 x 2 Hut for the Reaper Baby. Waited till 2x XP at Weekend and running up and down the River killing everything. The 75 Level were easy on this way. Found and tamed a Level 15 Roll Rat. It was Grey on the Upside and Purple on the Downside. Next to my base at the water the Otters are still chilling. If i dont see a color i like i kill everything and come back later. So i found 3 blue Otter about the Weekend. From Level 10 to 35. Tamed another female Sarco. I am at 3 female and 1 male now. But they are so lazy at laying eggs. 22 Sarco Eggs now, not enough for Kibble for a 180 Tek Stego. Tried to tame the blue Basilisk. As i was near him something aggroed him. He rised next to the trap and not in the trap. So i went back to base and build 4 stone gates to trap him again. As i came back he was gone. Never seen him again. And it was a nice blue -.-

Finally i gave birth to the reaper. After adopting him i let him kill me with my inventory full of meat. After 4 hours i came back looking for him. This little brat was sitting next to the house. He aggroed on me, so i demolished one side and lured him back to the house. Rebuild 1 wall. Ran back to the Vault and crafted more Walls, Ceiling and foundation. Build complete around the house a second wall. After this i dont go back to him till juvenile phase. In this phase i let him follow me to my breeding house on top of my house. Dumb me forget to deactivate wandering. As i go up to let the wooden elevator down he was running around. He walked straight to a bulk of 10 Dinos (they killed a Raptor). Took me a few Minutes until i could reach him and deactivate wandering. Now he is in the House and can eat all the meat there. Only problem is i can only once a day try to imprint him. Build a little 4 x 2 breeding pen with 2 Stone Gates. So i can breed more than 1 medium Dino at the time. Tried it with the 4 Sarcos and with 4 Ankylo. It is working. Used the new Space from Base expanding last week and placed a Few Dinos on other Spots. Im thinking of making Lights all along the Fence which is near the Water.

PS_Messages_20180806_124122.jpg

• Like 5

Goal of last night was to flesh out my base a bit and make it more than a few storage boxes and tames. Started off by using my premade mats I made the night before to enlarge and finish my main dwelling. Its funny how, when building, the place always seems way to big. Once its complete and you actually get a dino or two in you realize its pretty small. Looks like im going modular with the base design this time! 

After the main house I turned my attention to a small breeding pen,  keeping it open except a roof above incase anything falls from Murder Snow. Went out after the pen was complete to get a Beaver from Paradise. It seems there hasent been a dino wipe in awhile, not a single one past 100 so I took the time to clean spawns and kill every.damn.beaver. After about 2 hours I finally found one worth taming, was a 150 too! Flew back to my base.

While it was taming I added the meat to my place. Boxes, fabby, etc. I didnt plan out my electrical components so I settled on an ugly "cables out of foundations" look. Ill probably re-do my base later down the road. Today ill be filling up the rest of it including completing my breeding room and hopefully getting some industrial items going, if not atleast just getting the materials to craft them once im the level! 

Finally met up with @AngrySaltire this morning and paidna visit to his new base whilist farming metal. Great place, its going to look good! You might want some plants, or spawn blockers. Lured an alpha raptor out of your base shortly after you logged ;) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Finally met up with @AngrySaltire this morning and paidna visit to his new base whilist farming metal. Great place, its going to look good! You might want some plants, or spawn blockers. Lured an alpha raptor out of your base shortly after you logged ;) 

Eeccckk am still in the process of building up and moving in. Still need to install blocking foundations and am planning those plant species x batteries too . Thanks for the heads up.

• Haha 1

Guest DJRone89

Went for a wander and found a 162 Tek Rex. Had to kite it to safety without disturbing the Giga close by. This was just south of Green Ob on Ragnarok on top of the YouTuber temple ruins.

Took about 10 mins to kite it to a beach where I left it for a while so that I could come back around on my taming motorboat.

Eased it on using my Griffin, took it back to my water pen where I could down it without any threats close by. Tamed out alright but the stats must have gone into speed because it’s not that great in comparison to a normal Rex.

Oh well, I’m just happy to have finally found one above 150 lol.

So on my day off instead of doing something useful with my life I spent most of it playing ark instead. Which was great as I pushed and finally got all the buildings at the new base completed and furnish most of them. Just need to install a chem bench and industrial cooker. Not looking forward to installing the pipe needed for the cooker. Managed to transport alot of the resources across from the old base and a few dinos as well.

Got the main building and both of the stables, with one of the stables with a wee landing pad ontop of it for wyverns and possibly other flyers, here. Copied the stable build from the last base and a similiar style of build for the main building.

rps20180806_223310.thumb.jpg.d94c5b41244909432d0b1a4a9979a49c.jpg

And here we have the new breeding barn (with the massive gate, my usual dsign) and the new kibble barn. The breeding barn should be ready to go, incubator has been installed as well as all the trimmings (fridges, preserving bins etc) Just need to move all the kibble dinos over now.... what fun that shall be...

rps20180806_223406.thumb.jpg.406bf4831c170ef64701bab385fe2ba4.jpg

Once the buildings were complete I had to rush and get some foundations spawn blockers down (yuck but needs must) and install some plant species x for anti air  and anti land dinos defense. Had a few argents and alpha raptors invade my base (one alpha raptor dealt with by @d1nk, thanks for dealing with that), the raptors spawning in the middle of the compound while the argent, well just flew in of course. At one point I thought my thorny was a gonner when the alpha raptor attacked. Hopefully the plant x will do the job but I think I have found a few blind spots but we shall see how it goes. 

Finally met up with @d1nk after avoiding each other as a result of different times zones lol. Of course he got the base tour. Even nipped round to his to pick up some of the plant species x seeds. Wow the base has grown since I last saw. Looking good !

Edited by AngrySaltire
Phones dont type well.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1