So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

What a wild ride!! That sounds like hundreds of other scenarios that I've been through where absolutely everything goes wrong, so quickly. I can say from experience that taking the time and resources to set out dino gate traps or spike walls have saved me from would-be frustration when taming. Knocking a Ptera on a beach with nothing there? No problem, except the moment you look away to check something else, 44 Dilos, 19 Alpha Raptors, 107 bugs and Rockwell himself show up to crash your entire party! 

Downed a Quetz after 30 minutes of flying, firing and screaming? Shweeet, except that the second it hits the ground, it's gonna be in the smallest micro-puddle imaginable to drown it on a tea spoon of water, or it's gonna get a random Sarco that's somehow in the Snow Biome to come munch on it. ?‍♀️

We vets call that "getting Arked"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Veraduun said:

What a wild ride!! That sounds like hundreds of other scenarios that I've been through where absolutely everything goes wrong, so quickly. I can say from experience that taking the time and resources to set out dino gate traps or spike walls have saved me from would-be frustration when taming. Knocking a Ptera on a beach with nothing there? No problem, except the moment you look away to check something else, 44 Dilos, 19 Alpha Raptors, 107 bugs and Rockwell himself show up to crash your entire party! 

Downed a Quetz after 30 minutes of flying, firing and screaming? Shweeet, except that the second it hits the ground, it's gonna be in the smallest micro-puddle imaginable to drown it on a tea spoon of water, or it's gonna get a random Sarco that's somehow in the Snow Biome to come munch on it. ?‍♀️

Quetzal thing happened to me some days ago. Managed to fall in one of the smallest ponds i've ever seen in the island. I don't even get mad anymore :P Been playing this nearly since the beggining.

• Like 1

Continued with the base relocation tonight, focusing with the main building. After a bit of fidgeting I finally got the orientation of the build to my liking and started building.  Went with the same style as my last build but expanded the size of it. After tinkering around with the build I finally completed the main structure. Oh my God the view from the build is stunning, especially from the top floor, looking out down the valley to green obelisk. At the moment I am just using wood windows but I might have to consider proper greenhouse windows to get the full view. All I really need to do now for this building is furnish it out and install the balconys.

As time went on it suddenly hit me, Ark actually has textures ! The xbox could actually hold a texture on a stone wall or wyvern. Am so glad to have decided to move. Also it suddenly hit me that with all my masterfull planning and organising abilities I had forgotten to pick a base location with easy access to water.... Great... thats going to be one heck of a pipe to provide water to an industrial cooker... a problem for another day !

Once I completed the building I flew back to the land of no textures and crashes (my current base). Grabbed the anky with my weight poison wyvern and went on a metal run. Going to need alot of metal to build the new industrial forge and all the other metal items and electrics I need to replace. Also I want to install vaults as my main form of storage in the new build. So I flew to the central canyons (my favourite metal spawn) and completely filled up the anky. Flew back to the land of no textures and crashes, and filled up the industrial forge. Switched on the forge and left it to do its thing. 

Last thing I did tonight was to start gathering more resources in anticipation of all the behomoth gates I'll need to build, to keep the local wildlife out of my new home. 

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Continued with the base relocation tonight, focusing with the main building. After a bit of fidgeting I finally got the orientation of the build to my liking and started building.  Went with the same style as my last build but expanded the size of it. After tinkering around with the build I finally completed the main structure. Oh my God the view from the build is stunning, especially from the top floor, looking out down the valley to green obelisk. At the moment I am just using wood windows but I might have to consider proper greenhouse windows to get the full view. All I really need to do now for this building is furnish it out and install the balconys.

As time went on it suddenly hit me, Ark actually has textures ! The xbox could actually hold a texture on a stone wall or wyvern. Am so glad to have decided to move. Also it suddenly hit me that with all my masterfull planning and organising ability I had forgotten to pick a base location with easy access to water.... Great... thats going to be one heck of a pipe to provide water to an industrial cooker... a problem for another day !

Once I completed the building I flew back to the land of no textures and crashes. Grabbed the anky with my weight poison wyvern and went on a metal run. Going to need alot of metal to build the new industrial forge and all the other metal items and electrics I need to replace. Also I want to install vaults as my main form of storage in the new build. So I flew to the central canyons (my favourite metal spawn) and completely filled up the anky. Flew back to the land of no textures and crashes, and filled up the industrial forge. Switched on the forge and left it to do its thing. 

Last thing I did tonight was to start gathering more resources in anticipation of all the behomoth gates I'll need to build, to keep the local wildlife out of my knew home. 

About time you moved ?

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

About time you moved ?

Yeah your right there lol Ok I'll admit it, I am stubborn, dense and stupid ? Wasnt going to let some computer game get the better of me hahaha. 

While the original base location was not my first choice by any strech of the imagination it grew on me. Almost completly safe, great access to the basic resources and the water pen, it makes me sad

:Jerbcry:

Edited by AngrySaltire

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah your right there lol Ok I'll admit it, I am stubborn, dense and stupid ? Wasnt going to let some computer game get the better of me hahaha. 

While the original base location was not my first choice by any strech of the imagination it grew on me. Almost completly safe, great access to the basic resources and the water pen, it makes me sad

:Jerbcry:

Watch out that you dont make your new base too big or it will turn into crash city too :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today we did some organizing, and moved a bunch of dinos from the rex factory to our main base. Then we did a meat run with the allos before logging out in the tek bed, trying to hit lvl 100 so we can build s+ vivariums to keep our kibble dinos in.

Over the next few weeks we are going to greatly reduce our ark play time. We want to grind out some things on Destiny 2 for Solstice of heroes which will greatly cut into our ark play time. It only last till August 28th so we want to get as much done as we can.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Watch out that you dont make your new base too big or it will turn into crash city too :P 

Cant promise that ? Nah I'll try not to build to big. I blame the water pen, and also the lighthouse tower attached to it, cant of helped the crashes. Hopefully just the change in location will help lol

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Cant promise that ? Nah I'll try not to build to big. I blame the water pen, and also the lighthouse tower attached to it, cant of helped the crashes. Hopefully just the change in location will help lol

I must say man, flying by I was impressed by it! Nice place, great building.

I had a friend build on the bridge, the raised mountaintop overlooking green & canyon, he had a massive castle and id crash every time i went by.. so were limited by our consoles! (He had a one x and was fine)

42 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I must say man, flying by I was impressed by it! Nice place, great building.

I had a friend build on the bridge, the raised mountaintop overlooking green & canyon, he had a massive castle and id crash every time i went by.. so were limited by our consoles! (He had a one x and was fine)

Glad you liked it :)

Dont worry I dont plan on building any castles. Our consoles can rest easy tonight lol

• Like 1

Well it's been a long while since I updated anything as I haven't been playing much lately having decided this is the year to write my own retail systems (tills/reports/management etc.) for small shops and start my own business this year.

Anyway - this week we decided that having completed both Scorched Earth and Aberration it was time to finally return to the Island and also complete that. We had done everything but the Alpha dragon and any level of the Tek Cave (without cheating - did it once but found out one member had god on.. not happy).

So this week has mainly been raising new better REX, dumping my skills into crafting and building the saddles/weapons and armor so we have the best we possibly can.  

We have a plan on bringing over a couple players from our Ragnarok server to help out tomorrow evening (Friday 3rd Aug) but so that we weren't met by any surprise changes to the existing bosses we decided to give all the bosses a trial run with just myself, Hep and Khep.

Alpha Broodmother

No changes that I could tell but lost 2 REX, stupid mistake, lack of concentration and control to get the group surrounding her instead leaving themselves open to the spit attack up front.

Alpha Megapithecus

Arena changed since last playing - the middle section up to the stairs has been compacted bringing the spawn and stairway closer together - and the "hole" in the ground seems to have been made larger.  No losses.

Alpha Dragon

First attempt - I was distracted, didn't realise the dragon had landed and was heading for me as I stood by my Yuty... I die.. not long later the entire team and all REX die.  Guess that was expected as I was the one whistle controlling them.

... restore backup ... 

Second attempt - fully prepared this time, handled the whisle control well.  Used Asc pump shotgun and Asc assault rifle whilst it was in the air and then mounted my yuty and boosted the rexes to attack it whenever it landed the right side of the lava river.  Key to this arena/boss is to avoid the lava river - only ever attack the dragon when its on your side with your mounts.  If it stays in air or lands other side of the river simply revert to long range weapons.  3 REX lost.

Gamma Tek Cave / Overseer

Lost a few REX on the way to the overseer teleport chamber down through the Tek cave - stupid AI "follow me" does NOT mean "first run a full 90 degrees right into the lava before trying to get back on track and follow me".  Made it down with 7 or so REX and destroyed the Overseer - no further losses.

Beta Tek Cave / Overseer

Not much different - better luck this time with navigating the REX pack down the Tek cave and only lost 2 to the lava. Made it with 13+ REX but only just on time.  Overseer was a little more difficult but not stupidly so - mainly more drones both floor and flying to take out - no further losses.

Weekend Mission

As our experiments went well we're happy to try and go all out tomorrow now and hit all Alpha bosses followed by Alpha Tek Cave and Overseer with the other 2 members from Ragnarok.  Just need to transfer our Ragnarok characters tonight to breed up and imprint new REXes - our Ragnarok characters have progressed both story maps but the ones we had on Island have only done Island - makes sense to now ditch the Island characters and do it with the others.

On a side note we've very nearly got one of our dinos to max level - that's been a looooong grind.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Kardainz said:

I did nothing, I yet again joined a new server (PvE) and it was dino capped... brought 3 games for this for me and my friends but hey... Bad choice I'm thinking.

Might be worth trying unofficial servers - check out any advertisements in https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/90-server-advertisements/

We have 2 small PvE servers, 20 and 30 slots respectively but PC only and I pay approx. £20/mth for both.

• Like 1

Started the night off by doing a bit of farming. Went about the highlands harvesting dead basil (oil), getting crystal and metal for a fabricator. The other night I pillaged some beaver dams for a good amount of CP and pearls. After a small remodel of my house boat, I gathered a bunch of Narcoberry to start stockpiling my taming supplies for when I finally settle in a base location. Happy with my bit of progess I set out on my main goal for today: finding a base location. I went about prefabbing some stone buildings before I venture out into the world. I knew the map was populated ans that most of the common spots would be occupied already, a nice change from my SP adventures this last year.

Fast forward 4 hours of flying around the map on my obnoxiously green argy. I saw some neat bases (cool base behind a waterfall in Canyon!!) and had a lot of frustrations due to the amount of (empty) bases ive seen in spots id love to occupy. Nevertheless I found a spot, it was a toss up between two areas: Heru Ur Rise (by beaver dams) and Two'chuck forest (between blue and ocean side of canyon) after an hour of flying back and fortb I decided on twochuck forest. Many times I had a good spot and as i went to inspect the area (good pve tactic) id find a huge inactive base around near me and have to look elsewhere. I dont want to cause lagg for another if not needed nor do I want to endure lagg every time I leave my base either so it seems twochuck forest above the lake with the ruin on it is my home. I will inspect further when im on next but I did a pretty extensive check. If anyone on the server does find someone near me before I do, let me know :) 

I threw together a small stone box to store my bulbdog and argy until next time, then ill start working on my actual base and scout a water pen for boat storage & get my feet wet with water dinos (hah) next time im on. 

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 3

Spotted a lvl 145 saber near my trap on the frozen tooth, so i trapped and tranqed it. While i was taming the 145 i saw a 150 saber.

The 145 finished taming so i started trying to catch the 150, but i ran into a whole pack of sabers and then a giga came in... All the sabers dead.

Saw another lvl 150 but this time an argent (oh lucky day).

It was very bloody from the giga i quess, but i knocked it out in my trap anyway after waiting a while.

After about half an hour a pack of sabers came my way. Took care if them with my argent, but one sneaky saber went behind the trap and killed my already low hp tame.

Trapped ANOTHER argent, 135 this time. While getting prime meat on my 245 argent, killing everything, i get knocked off it by a raptor while i was fighting  a  stego. I respawn at a sleeping bag near my trap stuck in a rock..

After 2 min being stuck i see a message that my lvl 245 argent, wich i had since the beginning, got killed by an allosaurus :( RIP

• Sad 3
  • Facepalm 1

Some of these stories are amazing lol, just came back to Ark for myself as I played on a friends account and have been away for 8 months to see most of the fun "Ark moments"/glitches are still around.  Nothing like perfect taming a max Rex to have its first steps to follow you sees it falling through the floor to never be seen again.  It is a lot of fun though even with these crazy weird happenings.  Wish you all well in the Ark today.

• Like 2

After another brutal day at work was glad to chill out on Ark. Continued the base move shinanigans. Started of by going off on a organic poly run, harvesting up the matis in the desert in order to build my new industrial forge. Hit up the desert drops while I was at it and lucked out on an mc pump shotty bp (should be cheaper than my asc bp and better than my current mc bp) and an asc yuty saddle, and the deathworms were like 10 a penny so killed a few of them too. Got back to base and crafted up the forge and a few vaults. Then went on another metal run and another poly run to craft up even more vaults. 10 vaults might be enough but shall craft up more, cant have too many. All ready to install into the new base.

Then I traded the neighbour for a breeding pair of bulbdogs. Been desperate  for a lightpet on Ragnarok, its just so dark a lightpet would help alot. Would love to get my hands on shinehorn or maybe even a featherlight but bulbdog will have to do. Cost me a trip through the wyvern trench to grab alot of eggs. Not sure of the fate of most of the eggs. Not really sure if the trade was worth the trench run risk but honestly didnt really care was good fun. Also keep hoping to find a nice blue fire wyvern but never anyluck there. 

The game didnt even crash once tonight ! What a great evening hahaha

• Like 4

6 hours ago, d1nk said:

Nevertheless I found a spot, it was a toss up between two areas: Heru Ur Rise (by beaver dams) and Two'chuck forest (between blue and ocean side of canyon) after an hour of flying back and fortb I decided on twochuck forest. Many times I had a good spot and as i went to inspect the area (good pve tactic) id find a huge inactive base around near me and have to look elsewhere. I dont want to cause lagg for another if not needed nor do I want to endure lagg every time I leave my base either so it seems twochuck forest above the lake with the ruin on it is my home. I will inspect further when im on next but I did a pretty extensive check. If anyone on the server does find someone near me before I do, let me know :) 

So you on the west coast then ? Anywhere near the artifact in the gorilla ruins or am I in the complete wrong spot ? If I am that way I shall keep an eye out for you or other people closeby, but I am trying to avoid blue ob if at all possible. Love the courtesy off thinking about other base locations for lag,I always worry about that when I set up a base, I dont want to annoy the locals lol

Also if you need a hand setting up give me a shout  :) if not no worries. 

• Like 1

So yesterday me and my dad FINALLY got the levels up to 150 (they were at max 30 previously). My dad took the raft to Skull Island to get metal. I told my dad twice that he would have to bring a flyer to get up to the metal. When he arrived, he said: "Oh, looks like there isn't a way up without a flyer!" :Jerbmad:. So I went back to base from looking for an argent and got his Pteranodon, then flew back to Skull Island with it in tow. When we got there, I decided that I may as well help with the metal gathering, so we began the harvesting. On my first trip back from the forge on our raft, I noticed 2 bats flying above the lava. We engaged, and the 60 flew after me and the 15 flew after my dad on his ptero. I barrel rolled it a couple times but my bird didn't have much stamina (tamed at wild level 28) so I decided to just kill it with my ascendant bow. It was doing 248 dmg as opposed to my bird's barrel roll's 75, so it died after a couple of shots.

My dad, in the meantime, was content to leave his bird to fight the lvl 15 bat while gathering metal. A few seconds later, he said "Uh oh, my bird's getting really sick... come help!!!!!!" I rushed over but too late. My dad was like "Oh, that sucks, whatever..." because we can get up to 150 tames now. We did a little more metal farming, then went back to base on the raft after avoiding a Leedsichthys that was hanging out in a shallower place than I would have thought possible, but ok. Then we went to look for a new Pteranodon for my dad, and since the dino levels were much higher than before, I decided to get myself a new Pteranodon as well. I pointed out a 95 really close to base, and so my dad went for him. I wanted a 100+, and found a 100. I was in 2 minds about taming it, but it was attacked by a raptor, so that settled my mind. After a couple of minutes, I lucked out on a 140. Bola'd him, KO'd him, got some prime from a Diplo, and tamed him.

After that, I knocked out a 90 carno with a single 10x tranq arrow from a mod, then logged.

• Like 3