So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

doing a beaver dam run. saw a purple drop so flew to the drop on my wyvern, got the blueprint then on the way home got dashboarded!!!!

Horror. shock. will i live. will i be dead from the fall. will i ever find the wyvern that will bugger off and not care about me?

Woke up just outside the swamp area. somehow survived the fall. but it was night time. It had to be!! herd a roar from a rex behind me (prosumed it was behind as it wasnt infront and it sounded close). ran blindly in the dark to find somewhere to hide. ended up on top of a rock in the pitch black of night with just my sparkler for light! waited for day time whilst constantly whistling. ran about a bit. found the rex that was roaring at me being killed by about 8 raptors. out of blind luck found my wyvern hiding in the trees. Dont think ive ever been that happy to see the idiot. jumped on that great monster killed the rex and raptors, flew home and decided i was not leaving the site. ended up building a nice big 2 level bird house to store the flappers in, arranged the dinos so they all looked pretty and organised. Looked at the clock, realised it was 1.30 in the morning and had to be up at 5 for work! decided bed was the best option.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

im new here and post now randomly what i did yesterday cz i kinda like this discussion^^.  The day just start now and im going to play ark later too.

So yesterday (pc) i did some metal runs. And one big obsidian run with servereal argys to obsidian cave at vulcano (rag). Tamed a low lvl quetz then build a quetz catcher. Then i helped an ally. And i crafted some vaults and sorted stuff so its more easy to find later. xD

Today ill probably look for wyvern eggs

• Like 1

ArkCrossCluster1 - Ragnarok

Sooooo yesterday almost turned violent with a tribe that I haven't ever been bothered by. The leader is an idiot, as are most of the people in the tribe, but they provide decent entertainment in global chat. Anyways, one of their guys tried picking one of mine that was based near the lighthouse. Keep in mind, this server is usually pretty peaceful when it comes to tribe on tribe fighting. It's usually just solo raiders. Thankfully, the drop didn't kill my guy since he had a grappling hook so I was less mad than I otherwise would have been. I hopped on after work and talked to the Leader of their tribe, and asked how he wanted to proceed. He claimed that it was a mistake, and that he didn't condone the actions of the one guy. *Probably BS, but let's see where diplomacy takes us* And that if any items were lost, he'll happily replace them. I told him that nothing was lost, which is why he can still hear the hums of his generators. And that I can't allow my members to be harassed as though there are no consequences. He claimed over and over again that he wanted no problems with my tribe, as he's seen our bases on Rag and Center. I told him that the next time anything happens, we'll have War. *Additionally, I rushed over the the tribe member's small base and threw down 50 more auto turrets* :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jester331 said:

Xbox - Player Dedi - Ragnarok

Didn't play for long but had a little adventure after gathering a bunch of metal.

Went to Viking bay to gather some pearls from the cave. I had took my harpoon launcher with some tranq bolts. Glad I did, found a lvl 140 Megalodon and tamed it. Killed some sea scorpions and a few Basils on my Bary. Then realized I had nowhere to put my shark. I decided I would hide him in the cave under the lighthouse (Amazing location, too bad tthe water entrance is somewhat small) So went on the long journey of leading it back which I was dreading. Played the game on early access from the beginning and have hated the water since. In general I am a giant baby-wussy-wimp butt when it comes to the nightmare fuel deep in the ocean. After about 15 blood pumping minutes I made it there.

Went back to my base somewhat nearby on my Bary, fast travlled to get my wyvern back to base then logged.

I hate the water in this game so much, but I spotted a 145 Basil in a fairly safe spot off the highlands and am going to tame it next!

I too get all worked up and freaked out when in the water.  In Real life, I am a great swimmer, spent my summers as a kid on a lake waterskiing and swimming all the time. So I don't know where this fear of the ARK water comes from, but I rarely go deep into the water, and when I do, I take a whole crew of water dinos to protect me, but I still get so tense in the water.  Funny how a video game can do that!

The wife and I started and completed construction on our new breeding/incubation building. Took a break to gather obsidian, and cementing paste and built an industrial Forge. 

Finished the breeding/incubation building and we both were very pleased with how it turned out. Now we just need to move the armory/workshop supplies into the old breeding building, and the breeding/incubation supplies into the new one.

Afterwards, we'll start construction on our new water base. 

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

After a long stressful day of work, I was looking forward to getting onto the ARK.  Logged in and flew over to my Ravager breeding pen, found a purple spine baby and a green-brown baby (all of my breeders are Grey with black spine)  The rest of the babies got killed as no color mutations. I then flew around looking for even dinos. Saw a beautiful 145 Argent female and knocked her out. While she was taming, I saw a Green and Yellow Allo mixed in with another two allos, and the green/yellow one was the pack leader!  I got closer and was saddened to see that it was only a level 45, with the others being 15 and 25. What a disappointment.  Took the Argent back to base, but along the way, I noticed a golden 145 Griffin, so I made a note for later.

Got back to base, and crafted up dino gate, pillars and ceilings to make a griffin trap. Flew back and found a good location to build it near multiple Griffin spawns. Ended up taming the golden 145 and a level 135. Also grabbed a green colored low level as well.

Eventually got back to my center of the map base, and started to breed my high level event colored Pteradons. I got four eggs, and from those eggs, I got 2 sets of triplets and 2 sets of twins!  10 babies out of 4 eggs.  I was not expecting that, and on top of it, I got nearly all of the colors I wanted carried over from the parents. Imprinted them as best I could (didn't have all the kibbles needed) and distributed them amongst my bases/outposts for quick transport when needed.  I still have nothing but primative saddles for the Pteras..... I've never gotten any blueprints for Pteras or Argies! :(

Found a 120 tek Stego near by base, that I will probably tame up tonight, along with a red Slooth (low level however)

Got back to my Viking bay base, and finally made the vaults I needed, Then spent the rest of the night transferring from wood cabinets to the vaults and organizing everything.

I'll need to go on some metal, obsidian and poly runs next, to make up for all the resources I used.

• Like 3

Logged in yesterday did my obligatory o/ wave and someone on the server was asking for help. They were stuck in the viking bay castle and needed me to come with a torch. "Im just a beach bob" I said "How can I help you?!". Ended up flying to the castle with an extra torch, finding all the spawns cleared. Ran down to help buddy and helped him get his body back.

As I left I decided to fly down and grab a few plant x since im at the castle, bad idea. Ripped off by a Kapro, bit by a sarco and stunlocked to death by a Bary :( My brand new 150 ptera I worked all day for yesterday, dead. I pronounced in chat that I died after helping him, he mustve felt bad because he told me to come by his base. I had no other good tames and my boat was in Highlands, so i warped to my blue shack and took my trusty level 20 parasaur to this farmville dudes' base. He proceeded to offer me  various breeds and etc, not wanting free stuff I only asked for a flier. He bred up an Argy for me, gave me meat and I claimed the hatch. I raised it in his base (lol @ super mature times :P)

Had to go AFK for a bit whilist raising and mustve died. My only other tame in his base. I already lost all my stuff last death so I was determined to try and get my para back. Luckily for me his base was poorly designed (he logged off) and i was able to slip in abd get my para and my newly raised Argy.

Flew them back to my base and logged for the night

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We played yesterday but I dont think we accomplished anything, lol. We did log off in tek sleeping pods and by this morning my wife hit lvl 97 so she could build a quetz platform, so this morning we threw together a quick quetz trap and headed out for that 195 female quetz. Found it almost at carno island and it was almost all black (and almost the complete opposite side of the map from our base and a very, very long trip on a quetz, lol) So I landed to top off stam and after a few attempts trapped it and tranqed it.

It tamed out and I only had 5 minutes before I had to leave for work so we found a realitivly safe spot and logged out. On my lunch break we flew back.

The quetz stood up at lvl 292 with 10.2k hp, 2400 stam, 1520 weight, and 401.6% melee. I plan on just lvling a little stam and the rest weight for heavy hauling.

Tomorrow we will probably finish the water pen and maybe finally finish the wall around the base, lol

• Like 6

I started a dedicated server with my dad yesterday on the Center. We started on Tropical Island South. We've got the S+ mod, the Upgrade Station mod, Better Narcotics and Tranq Arrows Combined, and of course Classic Flyers. So we started, got a thatch base (with no walls, because my dad was the one building this time and he doesn't like to bother with walls (a mistake, as it later turned out?)), and a dilo and a dodo, both tamed by me. We (I) tamed two Parasaurs while my dad was building the base, so after he finished we went on our Paras to get some metal from inland.

We were then jumped by raptors, me forgetting the new ability Parasaurs have to scare them away. My dad died, and I was still quite close to the base so luckily our dilo heard my cries for help and came over and killed the raptor! The Parasaur was on passive for some reason, so it just watched as I was mauled. So we ended up getting metal, returning to base, crafting an upgrade station, blah blah blah. I think ark decided our life was a bit too easy so it spawned two rexes right up the beach from us. I tried to kite the closer one up the beach away from the base, and tried shooting it with my apprentice bow, but it just stuck around. Until I walked right up to it and hit it with my hatchet while it roared. My sprint speed was faster than it, but not my walk speed. Luckily I was being attacked by Meganeura before and had put about 60 stimberries in my hotbar. I ate these while running up the beach, until... I ran out of stimberries. Long story short, the Rex killed me.

I respawned at the base and ran all the way back to grab my stuff. I got it, and as a bonus, the Rex looked like it was staying there! So I got some narcotics from our base and went off to tame a trike. My dad was off on his Parasaur getting more metal, so our base was unguarded. As I was shooting the Trike, I saw red messages flash across the screen. Your Parasaur (Parasaur) was killed by a Rex (Lvl 5)! or something like that. Same with the dodo and the dilo. So I ran away from the trike that was attacking me and rushed back in time to see the Rex chomping on our thatch foundations. It destroyed the storage boxes, which my dad replaced. I kited it for the second time up the beach and away from our beach. After that I went back to KO a trike.

So I knocked him out without a hassle, and then tamed him and saddled him without a hassle, and then brought him back to base without a hassle. Oh yeah, by this point my dad had tamed a Pteranodon. We were in need of hide for building our massive spike wall to keep out the rexes. So I hopped on the Trike and killed an iguanodon and a chalico. By now it was dusk, and I needed to go back to base. Then I saw another Chalico, and thought about all the extra hide he would give. This guy was much higher level than the past one, and I knew I would win, but it would take longer than expected. So as I was killing him, somehow another iguanodon was brought into the fight. I said to myself, ok, I can deal with this, but it will be a bit close. My trike was on about half health and the chalico was dead, so I thought I was safe. Wrong. Then came the troodons. About 6 or 7 of them, they ripped apart my trike and I dipped. Turns out Troodon are faster than humans! Yay. So they got to me and killed me, I respawned, they found their way to our base and killed all our animals, including the Ptero and the Para. Fun times.

So me and my dad got our stuff back, most notably our journeyman bows, so we killed a couple of troodons each. After two, one bit me and immediately knocked me out, but luckily my dad forcefed me stimberries so I was fine. After that, we finished the spike wall and I tamed a nice purple Pteranodon. I was grinding XP for the saddle when my dad suggested we kill the bronto that was near our base for hide. I killed it with my now ascendant bow after it walked into the spike wall. Then the Rex came back. It started munching on the brontos around our base. I crafted a tranq arrow with 10 times the punch of a normal tranq arrow, and with my 450% damage bow, knocked it out in one shot. Unfortunately, it must have accidentally aggroed a dimorphodon because the little scumbag took off a lot of the taming effectiveness before I realized. I then flew on my Ptero over to where there were some Terror Birds. I bola'd one and tranqed it, tamed it, saddled it and brought it back to base, then we logged. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Honestly cant do it anymore. The crashing is too much and getting worse. As much as it pains me I am deciding to up sticks and move my main base of operations away from nearby blue obelisk with the aim of moving as far away as possible from crash central. Hopefully itll just be a temporary move until that area is fixed.... not holding my breath... Still going to keep the base there for the green house, kibble barn and of course the water pen. It was so pretty and I put so much effort into it....

So I crafted up a shed load of building materials ready to put down once I have chosen a location. What I wouldnt give for S+ to pick up some parts of the build lol Decided not to go with the desert out post as my main base as it doesnt really have what I am looking for. Took the fire wyvern out exploring for a new place to settling down. I am wanting to set up some where central, relatively safe and with good access to the basic building materials such as wood and stone. Not a big fan of the redwoods, want to avoid the desert, and I didnt want to set up too near any wild wyverns, rock golems or gigas lol. Ideal location would be between green ob and the lesser of the snow biomes. I do like my temperate biomes lol. 

Of course all the usuall spots are taken but eventually I found a potential location near the bridge across the central canyons, at the head of the green obelisk valley. So I cleared out the location and marked out some potential main buildings with thatch foundations. Had to resort to using some cliff platforms to flatten out and expand some of the areas. Still not quiet happy with the orientation of the potential house but that will need further work. Marked out two stables, hoped one of them would be the new breeding barn but I need more space for it, probably going to be slightly down the hill. Thats all I could be bothered doing for the night.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4

@SeaRex   Very cool that both you and your father enjoy this game. I know there are some other folks on t his thread that play with siblings or spouses, and I think that is great. 

I personally have no interest in playing on a public server because of the troll/griefers, but I wish I could convince a couple of my friends to play the game on a private server.  I am the only one without kids, so they don't have time to game, because they are constantly running from kids event to kids practice, etc.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Honestly cant do it anymore. The crashing is too much and getting worse. As much as it pains me I am deciding to up sticks and move my main base of operations away from nearby blue obelisk with the aim of moving as far away as possible from crash central. Hopefully itll just be a temporary move until that area is fixed.... not holding my breath... Still going to keep the base there for the green house, kibble barn and of course the water pen. It was so pretty and I put so much effort into it....

So I crafted up a shed load of building materials ready to put down once I have chosen a location. What I wouldnt give for S+ to pick up some parts of the build lol Decided not to go with the desert out post as my main base as it doesnt really have what I am looking for. Took the fire wyvern out exploring for a new place to settling down. I am wanting to set up some where central, relatively safe and with good access to the basic building materials such as wood and stone. Not a big fan of the redwoods, want to avoid the desert, and I didnt want to set up too near any wild wyverns, rock golems or gigas lol. Ideal location would be between green ob and the lesser of the snow biomes. I do like my temperate biomes lol. 

Of course all the usuall spots are taken but eventually I found a potential location near the bridge across the central canyons, at the head of the green obelisk valley. So I cleared out the location and marked out some potential main buildings with thatch foundations. Had to resort to using some cliff platforms to flatten out and expand some of the areas. Still not quiet happy with the orientation of the potential house but that will need further work. Marked out two stables, hoped one of them would be the new breeding barn but I need more space for it, probably going to be slightly down the hill. Thats all I could be bothered doing for the night.

You're North~~~ right? I was in your base last night (stam, decided to land in to see the nice arcitecture) and crashed lol. I have my stater shack near you and yeah, ive only crashed once but I can feel the lagg and server apprehension at save intervals hahah

Im going to have to find myself a nice spot to live, too :) 

Edited by d1nk

31 minutes ago, d1nk said:

You're North~~~ right? I was in your base last night (stam, decided to land in to see the nice arcitecture) and crashed lol. I have my stater shack near you and yeah, ive only crashed once but I can feel the lagg and server apprehension at save intervals hahah

Im going to have to find myself a nice spot to live, too :) 

Yeah I am Northern Explorer. Glad I could offer you a safe place to crash lol. I found your starter shack by blue ob last night. That area is so bad lol last couple of nights been dashboarding multiple times and last night was the final straw for me. Was getting to point I could actually tell a crash was coming.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah I am Northern Explorer. Glad I could offer you a safe place to crash lol. I found your starter shack by blue ob last night. That area is so bad lol last couple of nights been dashboarding multiple times and last night was the final straw for me. Was getting to point I could actually tell a crash was coming.

Hahah. Just my noob shack until I can get some tangible time to play

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aushegun said:

@SeaRex   Very cool that both you and your father enjoy this game. I know there are some other folks on t his thread that play with siblings or spouses, and I think that is great. 

I personally have no interest in playing on a public server because of the troll/griefers, but I wish I could convince a couple of my friends to play the game on a private server.  I am the only one without kids, so they don't have time to game, because they are constantly running from kids event to kids practice, etc.

Yeah, I'd been begging my dad to play with me and we did about 6 months ago, but he was playing on his not-so-good work computer, so he quit after a bit. This month we got another super good gaming computer so we can play now!

This morning on me and my friend's private server (the island) I farmed finally enough metal for an industrial forge! Right now, we have ~2700 ingots; definitely the most metal I've ever had. I'm not supposed to go on the server when he's not there, but we didn't get to play much this weekend (different time zones) so in skype messages I said I was going to work on the base. To be fair I did finish the 4 high walls and the ceiling (9 x 12 foundations, the biggest base I've ever made (Wow, this playthrough is setting all sorts of records ?)) But also, last night and this morning I farmed about 2000 obsidian, 800 crystal, 600 oil, 1000 cementing paste (beaver dams)  and around 4000 metal! I mean, it's not like he's missing out on anything, right? Just boring farming. I also managed to find a new max level dino! We had previously thought the max level was 217, but I found a 225 dodo (:Melee_Damage:) on the northern beach near the arthro dossier! I knocked it out with one tranq arrow to the head with my 208% dmg crossbow (after looking on dododex to make sure it wouldn't die of course). Unfortunately I didn't have any mejoberries so I flew up to the little hill with the dossier, grabbed about 10, flew down to a sarco chomping on my unconscious dodo!

Grrrrrr... 

• Like 1

i like this post realy xD. So today i did my plans i found serveral high lvl wyvern eggs in scar at ragnarok. Sadly my lvl 147 Griffin died while i lagged in the scar but nevermind i got some good eggs. I keep them in my fridges so i can hatch them probably tomorrow ?. I also bought  a wyvern for a good fair price of ingots and poly it was a 185 lightening wyvern with 40 lvls ready to pump. Then i did some meat runs and berrie runs and was warching for deep sea loot crats. Theyr spwan rate is so low but the reward if u finaly find one is epic like ascend. platform saddle of parace. or a 80 armor mosa i got both but was like 1h in ozean^^. I play on offical pve ragnarok. 

So tomorrow i plan hatching my owm wyvern.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SeaRex said:

This morning on me and my friend's private server (the island) I farmed finally enough metal for an industrial forge! Right now, we have ~2700 ingots; definitely the most metal I've ever had. I'm not supposed to go on the server when he's not there, but we didn't get to play much this weekend (different time zones) so in skype messages I said I was going to work on the base. To be fair I did finish the 4 high walls and the ceiling (9 x 12 foundations, the biggest base I've ever made (Wow, this playthrough is setting all sorts of records ?)) But also, last night and this morning I farmed about 2000 obsidian, 800 crystal, 600 oil, 1000 cementing paste (beaver dams)  and around 4000 metal! I mean, it's not like he's missing out on anything, right? Just boring farming. I also managed to find a new max level dino! We had previously thought the max level was 217, but I found a 225 dodo (:Melee_Damage:) on the northern beach near the arthro dossier! I knocked it out with one tranq arrow to the head with my 208% dmg crossbow (after looking on dododex to make sure it wouldn't die of course). Unfortunately I didn't have any mejoberries so I flew up to the little hill with the dossier, grabbed about 10, flew down to a sarco chomping on my unconscious dodo!

Grrrrrr... 

Hey, not sure if you built or placed your Ind. Forge yet, but it us 3W x 3L x 6H! You may need to expand your base or build a seperate place for it. Placing so none of it sticks out of all wall is a bit of a pain. It is great though, makes getting metal and charcoal so much easier!

Edited by Jester331
  • Thanks 1

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

No new color mutations on the ravagers last night, so all those babies got killed.

I then was flying around, and I saw a whole group of high level event colored Dilos. So I KO's and tamed 5 of them. I assigned them as guards to my 2 Meglasaurus back at my Viking Bay base.

I then went looking for the 135 Red body/green stomach Rex I had been seeing. So I finally found it, and I land my wyvern, when I hear a roar from BEHIND me, I turn and coming out of the dense brush is a Green 150 male Rex.

SO I change plans and focus on the 150. A few mistakes were made, and I ended up falling of the cliffside. I didn't die, but when I finally got enough arrows into the Rex, to make him start running, he turned and ran straight towards the Viking Bay water. So I had to back off to prevent it from drowning.

So I went and got my Wyvern back up on the cliff, and then I went back after the 150 Rex. Even though I was trying to herd him away from the water, he kept going into it. so I kept having to back away for a bit. Finally I dropped him on the water's edge and went off to kill a few Stegos for Prime, since I w as out of kibble and mutton.

So I get back to the Rex, and get off my Wyvern to feed the Rex. Suddenly glitching thru the Rex comes a freaking water lobster and I am stuck between the rex and the wyvern (thought I would be safe that way), so I end up getting knocked out, and because I had some good riot gear on, I have to sit there for like a minute, while the lobster finally kills me. (I keep my Wyvern on passive when taming dinos) 

So I spawn back at my Vikign Bay base, and jump on my newest argy, and fly back. I land, put my Argy on Neutral and follow, and I run over to my body. and then I get attacked by 2 lobsters! Both came thru the sleeping Rex to attack. So I get KO'd and die again! 

Respawn back at the Viking base (thankfully I have 2 beds there) and I run fast as I can back to the scene of the crime. I get there, and I see that my Argy has killed the two lobsters, so I grab my gear from my first dead body, and then proceed to harvest the the lobsters (black pearls, etc.) then suddenly I get struck from behind, and I turn to see a Scorpion that has fallen from the cliff above. Well he stings my naked body before I can even turn around, and when I do, I am passed out. Some how a flock of Vultures have arrived on the scene, and my Argy begins battling with them, all the while I lay passed out on the beach, while the Scorpion continues to sting me, and I eventually die AGAIN!.

So I spawn back at the Viking Bay base AGAIN, and I run naked all the way back again to the Rex. I arrive, and I once again grab my stuff from my dead body and the  stuff the prime meat into the Rex. Then suddenly I start getting attacked by more vultures, I am fighting them off, hiding under my wyvern, and my Argy is battling them I am nearly dead, but the battle seems to have ended. So I go into my menu, to try and eat some cooked meat and berries, and then I get hit one last time. (Killed by a level 5 vulture!)

RE-SPAWN AGAIN back at the Viking Bay base, jump on a high level carno, and race over to the Rex. On the way I spy 2 more lobsters on land, and we kill them off, then arrive at the Rex. I gather all of my belongings for like the 4th time and jump back on my wyvern for safety. I have the argy and carno on neutral and follow. After a bit the Rex jumps up but only at level 212, so sometime during all of the fighting, he got hit a couple times to reduce the T.E. ?

I then proceed to walk/fly the whole gang back to my Viking Bay base. I heal up my dinos and repair my armor, and then go back out for the 135 Red Rex. But this time I take with me 6 dino gates that I position in such a way, that blocks off most of the path to the water, and I lure the red Rex off the cliff into my  "trap".

Things are going great, and the Rex seems  to be about to KO. Then suddenly, it starts climbing the cliff, and I fire another tranq arrow at it, but just as I release the arrow, the Rex passes out, and all I can do is watch the last arrow hit the Rex too late. So I am trying to decide what to do should I wake it up and re-tranq?  Well, I'm cranky and impatient from the fiasco with the Green 150 rex, so I say DILO it, I'm taming it now, and then going to bed. So I stuff it with PRime, and it stands up at level 188, so I lost a bunch of levels. Arrgggghhhh! I should have just had patience, but nope not today.

So I walked him back to the base, and leveled him up on a few dinos on the way back. I then moved some of the dinos around in the base, to get better use of my Lystros, and when I moved my dolphin about 10 feet, my 150 pre-tame Manta that was on follow and wearing an ASC saddle, swung wide, and ran aground, dying nearly instantly!!!!!!!!!!!! :Jerbmad:

Then I filled food bins, and called it a night. I have to travel for business for a few days, so can't play for a couple days.

But after feeling like a complete Noob all evening with the multiple deaths and errors, maybe I need the break!

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

18 hours ago, SeaRex said:

I started a dedicated server with my dad yesterday on the Center. We started on Tropical Island South. We've got the S+ mod, the Upgrade Station mod, Better Narcotics and Tranq Arrows Combined, and of course Classic Flyers. So we started, got a thatch base (with no walls, because my dad was the one building this time and he doesn't like to bother with walls (a mistake, as it later turned out?)), and a dilo and a dodo, both tamed by me. We (I) tamed two Parasaurs while my dad was building the base, so after he finished we went on our Paras to get some metal from inland.

We were then jumped by raptors, me forgetting the new ability Parasaurs have to scare them away. My dad died, and I was still quite close to the base so luckily our dilo heard my cries for help and came over and killed the raptor! The Parasaur was on passive for some reason, so it just watched as I was mauled. So we ended up getting metal, returning to base, crafting an upgrade station, blah blah blah. I think ark decided our life was a bit too easy so it spawned two rexes right up the beach from us. I tried to kite the closer one up the beach away from the base, and tried shooting it with my apprentice bow, but it just stuck around. Until I walked right up to it and hit it with my hatchet while it roared. My sprint speed was faster than it, but not my walk speed. Luckily I was being attacked by Meganeura before and had put about 60 stimberries in my hotbar. I ate these while running up the beach, until... I ran out of stimberries. Long story short, the Rex killed me.

I respawned at the base and ran all the way back to grab my stuff. I got it, and as a bonus, the Rex looked like it was staying there! So I got some narcotics from our base and went off to tame a trike. My dad was off on his Parasaur getting more metal, so our base was unguarded. As I was shooting the Trike, I saw red messages flash across the screen. Your Parasaur (Parasaur) was killed by a Rex (Lvl 5)! or something like that. Same with the dodo and the dilo. So I ran away from the trike that was attacking me and rushed back in time to see the Rex chomping on our thatch foundations. It destroyed the storage boxes, which my dad replaced. I kited it for the second time up the beach and away from our beach. After that I went back to KO a trike.

So I knocked him out without a hassle, and then tamed him and saddled him without a hassle, and then brought him back to base without a hassle. Oh yeah, by this point my dad had tamed a Pteranodon. We were in need of hide for building our massive spike wall to keep out the rexes. So I hopped on the Trike and killed an iguanodon and a chalico. By now it was dusk, and I needed to go back to base. Then I saw another Chalico, and thought about all the extra hide he would give. This guy was much higher level than the past one, and I knew I would win, but it would take longer than expected. So as I was killing him, somehow another iguanodon was brought into the fight. I said to myself, ok, I can deal with this, but it will be a bit close. My trike was on about half health and the chalico was dead, so I thought I was safe. Wrong. Then came the troodons. About 6 or 7 of them, they ripped apart my trike and I dipped. Turns out Troodon are faster than humans! Yay. So they got to me and killed me, I respawned, they found their way to our base and killed all our animals, including the Ptero and the Para. Fun times.

So me and my dad got our stuff back, most notably our journeyman bows, so we killed a couple of troodons each. After two, one bit me and immediately knocked me out, but luckily my dad forcefed me stimberries so I was fine. After that, we finished the spike wall and I tamed a nice purple Pteranodon. I was grinding XP for the saddle when my dad suggested we kill the bronto that was near our base for hide. I killed it with my now ascendant bow after it walked into the spike wall. Then the Rex came back. It started munching on the brontos around our base. I crafted a tranq arrow with 10 times the punch of a normal tranq arrow, and with my 450% damage bow, knocked it out in one shot. Unfortunately, it must have accidentally aggroed a dimorphodon because the little scumbag took off a lot of the taming effectiveness before I realized. I then flew on my Ptero over to where there were some Terror Birds. I bola'd one and tranqed it, tamed it, saddled it and brought it back to base, then we logged. 

This entire scenario was great fun to read hahaha

• Like 1

I was taming an ACHATINA lv 85 in Redwood on a tame-capped Ragnarok server, and it was chaotic. Should only need 24 Veggie Cakes, but in reality it needs more because the devs added a 30 secs cooldown for eating veggie cake and the game detects that as THERE IS NO FOOD inside the Achatina in that 30 sec cooldown period, so Achatina randomly gets reduced tame progress. I was also killed once by a microraptor and it forced me to spawn home and brought another griffin, luckily I have six griffins.

I had to use 4 tame slots that I luckily had prepared before, I thought I'd only need one but the Achatina only had around 1035  food with food value for veggie cake is 200, so I can only starve tame it per 1000 food or 5 veggie cakes and that costed me one raft everytime the Achatina almost starved, since vcake has 30 secs cooldown everytime Achatina eats it, the tame slot sometimes got stolen by other player, so I had to put down another raft once it's full to 1000 food which i had to make the raft on the spot, since I used a griffin to get there and griffin has low damage, I had to race with time for partial starve taming, narc-ing, making raft and putting it down, checking the achatina food/torpor etc.

Long story short, the Achatina was around 92% with only 2 vcakes left in its inventory, one vcake will only add 4.8% so thought it would be enough, but NO, like I said earlier, the progress bar can go down randomly after eating a vcake and in cooldown because the game detects it as there is no food in the Achatina. The Achatina was 1 vcake away from being tamed so I went home to my base via a bed I have there where my tree platform and tree saps are. I made 4 vcakes and quickly flied back to spot using another griffin. So I used 3 Griffins in trying to tame this Achatina.

Once I was at the spot I put vcakes in inventory, torpor was only like 50, I narc-ed it immediately and I had to destroy a raft so the progress bar would continue because of tame-capped situation, again the progress bar got lowered randomly, and ended up at 99.2% , damn, having the second time of 1 vcake away from being tamed, and my beehive was already empty, so i shouted in global chat asking for help if anyone near redwood or highland had any cake ready, but no reply, then I checked battlemetric, only 4 ppl were online, then one responded but his base was too far away in desert and he didn't have cake anyway and only sap. 

In the end I gave up, and left the Achatina, the last time I checked before leaving, the progress bar continued to go down maybe like 80%. What a stressful situation. ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Arrgggghhhh! 

What a wild ride!! That sounds like hundreds of other scenarios that I've been through where absolutely everything goes wrong, so quickly. I can say from experience that taking the time and resources to set out dino gate traps or spike walls have saved me from would-be frustration when taming. Knocking a Ptera on a beach with nothing there? No problem, except the moment you look away to check something else, 44 Dilos, 19 Alpha Raptors, 107 bugs and Rockwell himself show up to crash your entire party! 

Downed a Quetz after 30 minutes of flying, firing and screaming? Shweeet, except that the second it hits the ground, it's gonna be in the smallest micro-puddle imaginable to drown it on a tea spoon of water, or it's gonna get a random Sarco that's somehow in the Snow Biome to come munch on it. ?‍♀️

Edited by Veraduun
  • Haha 2