So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Oh why did that post again?

Anyway, last night I traveled down to the red zone on my bred and imprinted megalosaurus. 20k health, 1000% melee, etc. (I'm on SP and I've customized the settings a bit).

So I got there no problem, following the Spine, then...

I got there, and cleared about 50 drakes, but the just kept respawning! I looked around for a spot in the canyon where I could take my Megalo down safely but there wasn't one! So then, I said 'Whatever, I'll just keep following the path until there's a spot to take him down'. Guess what. There wasn't one. So I went over to the Rockwell Terminal area, and looked across at the giant skeleton. I broke some trees and farmed some bushes to get fiber, and built some ramps to get back up the small cliff, but when I tried to place it, it says something like: Cannot place structure here! So I ran back to the first instance of nests, and left my Megalo at the top of the cliff. I climbing picked down the cliff and go to a nest. I had already killed a bunch of the drakes around, and didn't see any in the valley/canyon. So I grabbed the egg, and started climbing back up. About 2-3 seconds later, I was swarmed by 4 drakes. I tried to fight it out, so when it was clear I was dead, I got very scared about losing my ascendant crossbow, and full apprentice Hazard Suit (Upgrade Station mod). For the first time in my runthrough of the three story maps, I activated God and InfiniteStats. Climbed back up after piking and crossbowing all the drakes, and went over to the Megalo. We ran back up on the way to the blue zone, but right after getting into Halls of the Reaper Queen, we were attacked by not one, but two Reaper Queens! They were chasing, and I was almost out of the red zone, but then a STUPID Purlovia jumped out and stunned me. I just want to make it clear that I've been jumped by Purlovia many many times but not once have they knocked me off and stunned me. Of course this time it had to happen and the Queens did their stupid spin attack and knocked my megalo into liquid Element. I activated God and Infinitestats again and ran out of there. Halfway out, I had dinner so I quit and ate for maybe 45 min to an hour. Came back and ran out of the blue zone. My base is on the Overlook so I got out of the blue zone right to my base. I looked in my inventory and the EGG WAS GONE!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I ragequit.

Edited by SeaRex
forgot something
  • Like 4

Ragnarok - Player Dedi. - Xbox

After raising and imprinting some high lvl Wyvern eggs me and the wife decided to breed our pigs and some megaloceros. We had twin megas then even crazier the pigs were triplets! So we spent alot of time gathering meat to raise the adorable little demon swine. While on the meat run my wife got off her mount to get water, got ganked by three enraged sloths and both her and her otter died :( so we went on a sloth killing spree. Today I will try to tame her another otter, we really need them since we live near the the Murder Snow.

Edited by Jester331
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

Logged on last night and took my wyvern out to look for event dinos. Came across a purple Ice Wyvern, and it was low level, so we easily killed it. Then I started looking for the nest, and within 5 seconds another ice Wyvern is attacking me. So we battle that one, and finally kill it a level 165! So I really want that egg, and I look for the nest, and two more Ice Wyverns spawn in together!   Well, I don't have the health to kill both, as one of them was level 180. 

But I had never seen so many ice wyverns all in the same spot. So I cheated and went into god mode.  Flew around for 45 minutes looking for a nest. Was not able to find a single nest, and I was using a list of known coordinates and a GPS.  But there were 5 Ice wyverns in the area (not including the 2 I killed)

Is there some new bug/glitch that is spawning so many Ice Wyverns, but zero nests?

So frustrating to battle a gorgeous black and purple level 165, and then not even get an egg for my troubles.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  ?

• Sad 1

Back from vacation and played a little today. Started off spotting a blue and purple event kentro, so we tamed it. Then I decided to try out the revamped dino scan on the s+ transmitter and try and find a decent tapa nearby. Scan showed a 150 not far away so we threw together a quick pen and I hopped on my argent to find it. It was roughly where the scanner showed it so I ate rare flower and kited it to our pen and we tamed it.

After it tamed we decided it was finnaly time to try for a quetz. The transmitter showed a lvl 192 east of the volcano. So after leveling the tapa for a bit my wife hopped in the front seat while I drove. We spotted the quetz and start tranqing it. After half an hour and landing for stam several times it went down...right on top of a carno and a pack of terror birds which ate it in a few seconds. So we flew back to base and logged for the day, lol

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

After it tamed we decided it was finnaly time to try for a quetz. The transmitter showed a lvl 192 east of the volcano. So after leveling the tapa for a bit my wife hopped in the front seat while I drove. We spotted the quetz and start tranqing it. After half an hour and landing for stam it went down...right on top of a carno and a pack of terror birds which ate it in a few seconds. So we flew back to base and logged for the day, lol

Been there, done that, multiple times!!  ?

• Like 1

Dashboarded 5 times tonight. Got to be a new record for me on this server. Heck going to give Ragnarok and Ark the benefit of the doubt this time and blame the current heatwave we're having....

Anyway started the first proper breeding project for me on the server, with barys and thylas. Spent most of the night trying to get the breeders with all the good stats from the wild tames as a breeding base line. Had @DJRone89 pop round by for a surpise visit half way through the breeding. First thing I knew about it was an ice wyvern tail in my face. "Huh thats a bit weird, I dont remeber owning an ice wyvern" lol. 

The first stage of bary breeding was easier than the thylos. Took a while to get the male. Started getting mutations too, was hoping to wait but oh well. I kept a bary with nice golden orange stripes(unfortunatly without the stats), but the one with black stripes had an 'accident' with a lightning wyvern, like alot of the others did. Forgot the joys of the red screen spam. Finally got lucky, in what must have been the 3rd or 4th batch of eggs, got one egg with triplets with the perfect combination of 1 male and 2 females with the perfect stats, and in the next egg the perfect stats again with a female. Thatll do for the barys just now. The previous generation shall probably be... er... disposed of at some point but they are safe just now. 1 even got relegated to the kibble barn as a guard dog.

Thylos are still a bit problematic, I hate breeding mammals. Managed to get a  female with all the good stats from the wilds so have 2 good females (wild female had all the good stats so is stil a breeder) but no luck with the male so far. Am being picky and I want the base breeders to have the white fur colour of the wild male. Didnt luck out with any white females but I got a male with everything but the hp so I rotated the white wild male out and used the new male as the stud. Still no luck after a few more attempts.

While I waited for the barys to grow up I tamed more creatures for the kibble barn. Tamed up a female trike to go with the male I already have, a pair of turtles and a pair of lystros. Finished of with crafting a much needed batch of narcotics.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 3

Well, after the disaster on Aberration that was last night I hopped on a private server (the island) with my friend. In the past, our bases have usually been 2x3 or so, and having one or two bases around the map. This time though, we are making a 7x11 stone castle by Hidden Lake. It's the first time I've ever built by Hidden Lake and the first time I realized how perfect of a location it is! Close to metal at Frozen Tooth, Far's Peak and Winter's Mouth, Frozen Tooth and Far's Peak have obsidian, there's beaver dams, water, not many hostile animals, close to oil and pearls in the snow, close to crystal at Frozen Tooth, heck, it's even close to the snow for lategame tames like Yuty's and piggies! Also, we've never had time for the 3-4 hour tames for anything so we just put the taming rates at 30 or so. We're halfway through the game, like we have one rex and one spino, good Argies, etc.

This time I'm thinking about starting to lower the taming rates to neccessitate kibble! That means a generator, more gasoline (which we usually use only for the fabricator) fridges, probably some aircons, and an electricity system in general. We've also never used stuff like industrial forges, grills, and stuff that requires mass amounts of metal, crystal, and polymer. We're also thinking about doing some cave runs this season!

• Like 3

Guest DJRone89
39 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

I think im going to try for a low lvl quetz next and build a trap on it to catch a high lvl 

Use a Griffin. My go to solo tamer.

Guest DJRone89

Recently lost a character and hatched a 185 Ice Wyvern egg a few days ago that I luckily saved after the loss...

Spent most of my time last session just gaining levels on it while simultaneously getting supply drops. Other than that, tamed another snail to add to my collection so I’ll eventually rely solely on my farm instead of beaver dams.

Dear Thread

Today I uploaded my character to Ab and was lucky enough to spawn in a really great location in a out of the way section of the map in a nicely hidden spot, I spent th next six hours farming up what IO need to make a stone base an then upgraded it to metal, I then built a trap an caught a 130 Ravanger who came out at 193! well happy with that, I then got bored and decided to test out what fun I can have with the I.E.D you can craft. turns out it takes 5 to blow up a giant gate or 7 in total to blow up the giant gate and stone frame togeather!

there is a base below me that looks abandoned but might have some good stuff, time to test how meany I.E.D's it take to go though Metal!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Use a Griffin. My go to solo tamer.

We dont have rag on our cluster yet, but I have a decent tapa and my wife to help.

We didnt have a ton of ambition today but we did decide to try to tame a low level quetz to use as a quetz trap. Found a lvl 62 male not far off and we managed to tranq it with ease and it landed in a safe spot. I threw down some dino gates to protect it and we stood guard till it tamed. 

Once it tamed we grabbed a 180 tek stego that was near our base and tamed it. Then we figured we should build a metal taming pen for thezio now that we had a quetz to carry them. I cleared out a spot with the bronto and we built a 5x5 pen. Then we did a scan for thezio and the nearest lvl 150+ was all the way across the map so we decided to pass on that for the day.

Next we spotted a lvl 82 female quetz above our base. We were a few lvls shy of building a quetz platform so we went after it with the tapa again. We got it down and it landed right on top of a Purlovia :( Managed to kill the purlovia before it killed the quetz. We decided to tame the quetz anyways for kibble, even though it on gained 6 lvls.

We got it back to base and decided to hop over to SE to feed dinos. Then we jumped on to Aberration to feed as well and then we logged off in the tek sleeping pods to hopefully gain the next few lvls before tomorrow.

Our main plan tomorrow is to tame a 195 quetz thats near carno island, but only if we can get a high enough lvl to build the quetz platform so we can trap it. After that Im not sure what we will do, lol. Probably tame more dinos that we dont have to get to my goal of taming 1 of everything before extinction drops

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

We dont have rag on our cluster yet, but I have a decent tapa and my wife to help.

We didnt have a ton of ambition today but we did decide to try to tame a low level quetz to use as a quetz trap. Found a lvl 62 male not far off and we managed to tranq it with ease and it landed in a safe spot. I threw down some dino gates to protect it and we stood guard till it tamed. 

Once it tamed we grabbed a 180 tek stego that was near our base and tamed it. Then we figured we should build a metal taming pen for thezio now that we had a quetz to carry them. I cleared out a spot with the bronto and we built a 5x5 pen. Then we did a scan for thezio and the nearest lvl 150+ was all the way across the map so we decided to pass on that for the day.

Next we spotted a lvl 82 female quetz above our base. We were a few lvls shy of building a quetz platform so we went after it with the tapa again. We got it down and it landed right on top of a Purlovia :( Managed to kill the purlovia before it killed the quetz. We decided to tame the quetz anyways for kibble, even though it on gained 6 lvls.

We got it back to base and decided to hop over to SE to feed dinos. Then we jumped on to Aberration to feed as well and then we logged off in the tek sleeping pods to hopefully gain the next few lvls before tomorrow.

Our main plan tomorrow is to tame a 195 quetz thats near carno island, but only if we can get a high enough lvl to build the quetz platform so we can trap it. After that Im not sure what we will do, lol. Probably tame more dinos that we dont have to get to my goal of taming 1 of everything before extinction drops

Make sure to grab the Theriz facing away from your quetz or it will shred it! Has extinction been announced? Been out of the loop for awhile.

Today was the first day I logged on Ark in a few months! Wife is hungover as dilo in bed so I figured id load up and prepare my island for my next pet project: No tames! Lost all my boss dinos for my ascension project when my server went down so when I logged on The Island I had some fun killing all my remaining dinos, flying around on godmode until I found a Giga. Turned back on regular mode and punched it in the face before being eaten and deleting my save file. 

Day is young but the hangover is fierce. We will see what / if I get anything done :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest DJRone89

Are 10 snails enough for a solo player because I’ve just tamed 8 back to back. Enough Ark for me today.