So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

Last week I decided I wanted some Ravagers, but since I have no way to tranport my Ravagers on the AB map, (because I cannot survive the surface where the OBs are, plus AB map sucks, and I refuse to play it any more.) So I spawned in some wild random Ravagers. I managed to take the two best females and male, and killed the rest. I then built a breeding pen, and have been breeding the ravagers non stop hoping for color mutations.  On Monday I got a red body,  a green spine, a gold/yellow spine mutations. Then last night I fly over to check on the breeding pen, and I see a bright blue body as well as twin blue spine mutations.  So I begin to land in the pen, but before I can freaking flying pego steals from me, and my ravagers go crazy. Somehow this agros the non-claimed ravagers in the pen, and my claimed ravagers kill all of the unclaimed ones before I can even claim them. Gone are the blue mutated ones, and who knows what other ones were in there. ??

Frustrated, I took off on meat runs and to check on the dinos on all my bases/outposts, and then logged off.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

I also didn't realize that there were Wyverns anywhere other than the Volcano trench near the Highlands. But apparently there are more on the South West end of the map. Which means I may be able to find another way to securely get eggs with an Argy or Griffen. Exciting! 

Just a quick word of warning about the sourthern wyvern area. While the wyverns are in the area, the eggs only spawn inside the crystal cave. In my opinion anyway, its not a really ideal place to be nicking eggs especially with a griffin, not enough space to maneuver with the griffin and get the dive you need to gain speed.  Maybe I am wrong and its easier than I think, but I much prefer nicking the eggs out the highlands. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just a quick word of warning about the sourthern wyvern area. While the wyverns are in the area, the eggs only spawn inside the crystal cave. In my opinion anyway, its not a really ideal place to be nicking eggs especially with a griffin, not enough space to maneuver with the griffin and get the dive you need to gain speed.  Maybe I am wrong and its easier than I think, but I much prefer nicking the eggs out the highlands. 

Ohhh thank you. That's good to know so I don't have to lose a dino getting trapped in the trench haha. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

Ohhh thank you. That's good to know so I don't have to lose a dino getting trapped in the trench haha. 

55 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I agree .. unless you have an OP dino like a full grown Battle Wyvern, I would not try to steal eggs inside the actual cave where the eggs are. Hard to get in/out, but very easy to get trapped and killed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I agree .. unless you have an OP dino like a full grown Battle Wyvern, I would not try to steal eggs inside the actual cave where the eggs are. Hard to get in/out, but very easy to get trapped and killed.

Since you react to basically all of my posts, how do I react to one? I'm on PC and there doesn't seem to be any option to do so. 

22 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

So I decided that I wanted to build a wee outpost in the desert biome of Ragnarok, so I set up shop in one of the ruins and incorporated tge ruins into the build attempting to keep the main features of the ruins intact. Never attempted a build quiet like this but I have been wanting to do this on Ragnarok for ages. Ragnarok seems to be full of these ruins which would be great to incorporate builds into. Finally finished the main structure tonight, think it came out ok but not quiet as well I would have liked. Still got some structural decorations to do such as the balcony to do and add railings to the stairs. 

rps20180724_220658.thumb.jpg.c30a4db031b2999d68a853104862788d.jpgrps20180724_220737.thumb.jpg.1158702921a68fb873b92ef92004f648.jpg

Gone for an open plan type of build, but still deciding on if I would like to build in a few rooms especially on the top floor. Just need to furnish the build now. 

rps20180724_220759.thumb.jpg.071a20b29462887a1af32345801fd6c1.jpgrps20180724_220836.thumb.jpg.e5ea8b4e4c03c7a002efd6c3ac9d8a87.jpg

Havent quite decided what else I should build at this outpost, but at the very least I would like to build my greenhouse out here and maybe some dino stables. Heck maybe even another bird tower but I just hate the effort required to craft up adobe.

If you’re willing to put in the effort, you might be able to make it into more of a Italian villa by raising the roof and making it to some points. However, if you want to leave it as it is, you could make a wonderful kitchen and living room downstairs/workshop downstairs. As for the second story, you could cut out a portion of the room and make a landing pad for some flyers. The rest could be a living space with a bathroom and maybe a few bedrooms. However, the opportunities of the space are endless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Or you know.. a microraptor, which naturally fly

I dont know about that haha. You seen thylas ambusing out of trees ? I have had to pull of some crazy maneuvers to avoid thylas which had apparantly developed the ability of powered flight. Also microraptors technicallly shouldnt fly ? More of gliding no ? But then again I have seen microraptors do more than glide lol.

5 hours ago, Veraduun said:

No worries. :) its a nice cave to explore if you ever get the chance :)

4 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Reminds me of the drake trench in Aberration, very confined spaces and angry drakes/wyverns.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, GenTech1000 said:

If you’re willing to put in the effort, you might be able to make it into more of a Italian villa by raising the roof and making it to some points. However, if you want to leave it as it is, you could make a wonderful kitchen and living room downstairs/workshop downstairs. As for the second story, you could cut out a portion of the room and make a landing pad for some flyers. The rest could be a living space with a bathroom and maybe a few bedrooms. However, the opportunities of the space are endless. 

I'll probably leave it as is at the moment. With plans to do more maybe and expand at some point. Kinda of planning to have a workshop and kitchen (fridges and cooker) downstairs and a spawnpoint/bedroom and storage for various bps and what not up the stairs. Plan to have the flyers separate in a purpose built tower avery close by. Thanks for the advice :)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I'll probably leave it as is at the moment. With plans to do more maybe and expand at some point. Kinda of planning to have a workshop and kitchen (fridges and cooker) downstairs and a spawnpoint/bedroom and storage for various bps and what not up the stairs. Plan to have the flyers separate in a purpose built tower avery close by. Thanks for the advice :)

That looks awesome man! Many people might not realize but he's on Xbox so its a lot harder to do complex builds (even excluding mods, which we dont get) 

Ill have to come by and visit next time im able to get some time to come back to Ark :) (and you know.. actually join the server..)

Edit: Who else thinks "Thumbs Up" reaction shouldn't be "Thank You"?

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, d1nk said:

That looks awesome man! Many people might not realize but he's on Xbox so its a lot harder to do complex builds (even excluding mods, which we dont get) 

Ill have to come by and visit next time im able to get some time to come back to Ark :) (and you know.. actually join the server..)

Me. 

• Thanks 1

Abberration

It is been 3 weeks since i wrote here. Got Vacation and many things to do with family. But got enough time for Ark. As my Aberration base is nice now i started to make more fertilized Eggs from Carbonemys cause i wanted to tame more Karkinos. I thought about 20 eggs. My kid wants 50. Hatched 9 fert. eggs and breeded them. Got 13 Turtles, but only 5 are female. Now i have too much males. But i dont want  to kill them and they are now blocking the way at the base. Took the low level Rock Drake and got to get the first Rock Drake Egg. The Low Level Drake almost died on the way. Got to kill a few Rock Drakes on the way and spotted a nice 155 egg. As i took it 4 rock drakes instantly were around  me. Luckily no one was higher then 20. But my RD was down to 1k Health. back to base i look around where to breed the egg. My base was 7 x 7 and 8 high at this time. The breeding house was not nearly done. For the Turtles i build a few air conditioner on top of my house. But as it was 2 x breeding and maturing at the time i crafted many other air conditioner and set them on top of my house. I build on top of the 7 x 7 house a 11 x 11 breeding house with a behemoth gate entrance. The House is now ugly as hell but i can safely breed. From the RD Egg i got Twins with nice blue Feathers. As i looked all Predator Movies with my Kid at Vacation i callled the First Drake Dutch and the 2nd Mike. Took Dutch for me Only and made him my Egg Gatherer. He is now at 380 Meele and almost 10 k health. With him i get more Eggs. Many low Eggs. But found  a Level 160, 165, 165, 185 and 185. Didnt know official is now higher then 180 with RD Eggs. Breed all of them and have now a nice little Army. I took my boat and tried to tame a few Karkinos. Cause from the turtles i now get Eggs and can make Kibble. I didnt tame them a few weeks. So i was able to kill 8 Karkinos in a Row. Problem with my boat is that the Catapult is to near to the taming pen. So it is firing a little bit higher asexpected. That and the Karkino always looking in the wrong direction let me kill so many. But finally i was able to tame a few. 120 was the highest i was able to tame. Now i am at 11 Crabs in my base. One for me and one for my kid are standing at the base. The Rest is on top of the breeding house. Cause for fast building i made the breeding house from wood. I have no Roll Rat. So i wanted  a blueprint from a chainsaw. I Found no one on Ragnarok who wants to trade with me. So i take my Low Level 106 Spino from the Base and uploaded him. Searched for a Scorched Earth Map. Started there and was instantly killed by a golem. I needed almost 10 lifes till i got to the green obelisc and could download spino and saddle. Searched a little spot to build. Found it near 55 55 at the dry River. Killed all i could with the spino to get fast levels. Build a 4 x4 hut. Over the the next days i levelled to 70 and opened all Drops i found. A Base near my place was from a nice guild from my Country. They gave me a 220 Venom Wyvern for a  few  Adobe Walls. Traded then a 160 Fire Wyvern with them. Tried to make a wall around my base.  My mistake was to think i have time for that. So i was finished with the wall to 75%. Next day i logged on SE all my Dinos were killed. Someone kited a Rock Golem in my base.  I had all Dinos on Neutral, bad Idea. After that i made the building 8 walls high. On the Side of the Roof i made a Metal Roof with Metal Pillars. Traded with the other Tribe another Venom Wyvern, i am really glad they are so nice players. I was lucky again and found 2 Oil Spots. From the many Drops i had a few Oil pumps, so i placed them on both spots. Transfered 3 Vaults from Aberration to store the Oil. Build on Aberration an industrial Forge and transfered it to SE. Placed it on the Metal Roof. Now i have plenty Oil for all 3 maps. No more hard oil farming on the Rivers of Aberration. But i must thinking of to log on at least every 2 days. The pumps only have a 48 Hour timer. Found a few nice blueprints. Transferred from SE to Abb a yellow Ankylo and Trike Saddle BP. Found an Ascendant Theri Saddle BP. It will be usefull when i play more on Ragnarok.
Back on Aberration i breeded 5 ankylo Eggs. The worst has 216 Meele. The best 265%. This was before imprinting. Could imprint the most to around 70%. It is annoying when an aberration Dino wants Dimetrodon Kibble. Mated my Magenta Spino and have 5 Eggs from him now. 3 more Eggs are from the Spinos with 350% Melee. I hope i can breed them this Weekend. 
Today i found a Level 95 Roll Rat. Tried to lure it near to my base. On the way 3 Ravager attacked the roll rat. As i made the first hit the roll rat dies and the 3 Ravagers attacked me instantly. They got under my Crab and i could not hit. It was floating in the Air. I used my transporter crab, good weight but Only 4k HP. The Crab died so fast. Farewell lovely Donkey, i will miss you. We transported so many Metal from the Northwest Cave to the Base. Now i will level my best self tamed crab. Level 173 with 6k HP and 263% Melee. Gave her 30 Points into weight, the rest will be HP i think. 2500 weight is enough.

PS_Messages_20180726_101131.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MilliAllard said:

Hello everyone, it is my first day at survive the ark! :)

any suggestions? ?

Put points in HP, speed, weight and Melee to begin.  Plan on dying a lot at first.   If you search the main forum, you will find multiple threads with advice for "Noobs"/ Newbies.  Very good info in those threads.

PS4 - PRivate Server - Ragnarok map

Logged back in, and checked on my Ravager breeding pen. Got twin bright blue spine mutations! Claimed them, and killed off the other non color mutation babies.

Went out on a meat run but mostly scouting for event colored dinos. Came across a 35 & 65 Quetz in some great colors, and then a vanilla level 135.  I will have to go after the 135 another day.

Saw an awesome Purple and blue Mammoth, but was very low level so passed. Finally I saw some Rexs and Allos bunched together. Landed my wyvern and was spyglassing the dinos, when my wyvern started taking damage. Turns out a Kentro was attacking us ... a level 150 with a gold body and bright blue spikes!  Grabbed him up and took him to the central base and tamed him up. Sadly, I hit him with an extra arrow right as he began to fall, so I did not get 100% TE on him. :(

Was really hoping to find a blue or purple ARGY, but thus far no luck. Hopefully I'll have better luck this weekend.

Returned to base, loaded up the dung beetles, filled plots with fert, filled food bins; bred the blue spine ravager to my red body ravager, but got a normal colored baby, so it got the hook. Then logged off.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thank you ! All I can say is I am glad structure collision is disabled on the server haha For me the hardest part is lining up and sinking the foundations. Still isnt quite straight but its close enough, just dont look too closely at certain bits had to improvise in places.  Been trying more complex buildings recently, got fed up with stone boxes.

You should pop on to the server, I am having a blast on it. Feel free to pop round mines anytime, am based up near blue ob too.

Never thought about the thumbs up button like that, explains a few 'weird' reactions I have seen. Now I see it like that I can not unsee it. 

Not much to say really, wasnt on for long. Jumped off the bird tower a few times to fly around the base using a glide suit. So much fun, was bassically moving some flyers back up to the bird cage and I decided to take the fun way down. Goal is to make it off the tower, over the water pen, round the lighthouse and back to the main base.... must have been bored if that was the highlight of the evening...

Converted one of the padocks in the stables to a breeding pen. Then sat and watched the barys breed for a while so I could grab a few eggs. Would love to breed for some mutations. What I wouldnt give for one of these S+ egg collectors to pick up the eggs for me, they lose health way to fast to leave them for very long. Could collect up so many more eggs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1