So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

I did a bit of scouting around around Red Peak in preparation for getting an Argentavis. Not a sucessful outing.

I saw my first untamed Rex (s) and a whole host of other creatures. Magnificent scenery on the mountain.

Next I decided to fly around the swamp for something to do and saw an odd looking creature below me. I flew in close to get a better look and was knocked off of my Ptera by a flying creature. Then a Titanaboa appeared out of nowhere and you can guess the rest. I returned to the area on a spare Ptera but there was no sign of my other one.

Live and learn

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I continued the process of smelting up  twenty-five thousand metal ingots using refining forges. I destroyed my camp fires and made an industrial grill. I hatched and raised a female T.rex names Princess. (Question: Her Mom is a 273 and her dad is a 267. She hatched at 204, but that seems incredibly low. Am I right about that?) She’s got mostly orange skin with a white underbelly. She was about 60% finished developing when I logged off. (Question: I checked and maturation speed is not cranked for my game, yet for some reason Princess matured very quickly. I only needed to care for her once and she was at 100% imprinting. This was not the case many months ago when I had a baby carnotaurs to take care if. Have the devs changed something for single player and if so how do I change it back?) I also started building up the third floor. I decided to let Princess roam around the base, but once she’s all grown up I’m gonna need to go on an obsidian run, because lots of the tech I need requires Polymer.

ABSOLUTELY FUMING. Had a bad day on ark after a bad day in general.

Went out on the hunt for high level female thyla and baryonyx again tonight. Lucked out quickly on the thyla, found a 150 female in the south so got it back to base and tamed it up.

Went back out on the hunt for the bary. Had a few hiccups, killing a 140 bary in a skirmish with an alpha raptor for example, but I finally found a 145 female blue event coloured bary in the central canyons and took it back to base to tame all pleased with myself. BUT OF COURSE Ark had other ideas and dashboarded me right outside my base, just beyond the perimeter wall. By the time I logged back in, the game finally decided where I was (I could see the bary attacking the wild trikes before it teleported me to where I actually was) and finnaly got back to where the bary was the trikes had of course killed the bary. I of course went on a bit of a murder rampage on the local wildlife with my ascendant pump shot gun, the trikes were the first to go, no animal was safe ! before logging of in a rage. I had had enough for the night.

ABSOULTLY RAGING !! :Melee_Damage:

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Sad 3

Build a trap raft, went looking for baryonix, didnt find any.

Sailed all the way from the south east coast to the north west coast at the snow border.

Tamed a lvl 130 Sabertooth, luckily there was a lvl 10 alpha Raptor nearby that helped with some premium meat. Left my raft there and flew the saber back with my argy.

After that, upgraded my dino gates and 2 lvl of the walls to stone and build another floor below my bird house to park my 3 sabers, doed and frog :) 

Edited by Baklap
  • Like 2

Finally ! Success ! After last nights baryoynx taming antics I went on the hunt again for a high level female bary. After moving between the mud plains and the central canyons trying to force a spawn, I finally plucked a 140 female out of a brawl with what looked like some stegos and maybe a spino with my wyvern. Managed to get it back to the taming pen without the game crashing on me this time. Grabbed the ichyornis and went fishing for some prime fish meat and tamed up the bary. Now I can breed up some barys and thylos for doing stupid and reckless things with lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Getting ready for boss fight

so after getting a few door and  most walls to tek we needed more

got everything ready but no one could get on 

so delayed until tomorrow

then went on rag labyrinth and got asc flaq arms 100 metal:Jerblove:

then went out and found 145 trike

stood up 3k health

then on a meat run to keep baby gigas alive(the eating machines)

found a 150 pachy which also stood up at 3k :Jerblove:

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2018 at 8:59 AM, prodigy1202 said:

I continued the process of smelting up  twenty-five thousand metal ingots using refining forges. I destroyed my camp fires and made an industrial grill. I hatched and raised a female T.rex names Princess. (Question: Her Mom is a 273 and her dad is a 267. She hatched at 204, but that seems incredibly low. Am I right about that?) She’s got mostly orange skin with a white underbelly. She was about 60% finished developing when I logged off. (Question: I checked and maturation speed is not cranked for my game, yet for some reason Princess matured very quickly. I only needed to care for her once and she was at 100% imprinting. This was not the case many months ago when I had a baby carnotaurs to take care if. Have the devs changed something for single player and if so how do I change it back?) I also started building up the third floor. I decided to let Princess roam around the base, but once she’s all grown up I’m gonna need to go on an obsidian run, because lots of the tech I need requires Polymer.

When breeding, ARk only counts the level your dino parents where at after taming, So my guess is the parents of your rex tamed out at around 202-206, and that is why they had a baby at level 204

Tried to find some cool event color dinos, didnt find any good ones.

Took my sabers on a meat run and took a ride on my frog.

Found a purple monkey right next to my base, tried to tame it, it ran away every time.

Put on my ghilly suit but got disturbed by an alpha raptor. Got my therizo out and killed the alpha, but couldnt find the monkey anymore.

• Sad 1

My brothers have been on a State of Decay kick, so it's just been myself and the wife. Anyway, decided I wanted to redo some things on our Ragnarok base, so I talked the plans over with the wife when I was at work, and when I got home we went to it. 

Moved all shoulder tames to the breeding/incubation building, destroyed our old community house, while the wife (I'll call her R from now on) used the supplies to build up materials for our new community house. 

We connected our community house to the breeding/incubation building for easier access, and made a bottom floor with a war room for planning the days events (Neebs Gaming gave me the idea on one of there recent videos). Top floor is four bedrooms for each of us to store our own items in and our own beds. 

Made a fire pit outside (R likes things to be homey) and moved everyone's stuff to their respective rooms. We have plans to build a new armory/workshop soon, but decided to go taming instead. Jumped on a couple of Wyverns, and right as we located a 165 Tek Rex I crashed... Took me three attempts to log back in, and then R crashes. 

Took us 45 minutes to fly our way back to our base (luckily nothing died) and we logged in frustration. Tried playing today and was greeted by constant dashboarding... Checked here and it seems like the last update has been brutal for numerous other players. 

Will try again tomorrow.

• Sad 3

Xbox Player Dedi. Server - Ragnarok

Logged in after turning SP settings off and used destroywilddinos to reset spawns, since no new dinos were spawning (specifically Ice Wyverns) then immediately went looking for Ice Wyverns eggs (the wife REALLY wants one). Found a lvl 45 one, better than nothing. Went back to the Wyvern trench and spotted a lvl 170 Female Lightning Wyvern, but didnt have much time before work, so I went back to my base and crafted some gunpowder/bullets. I am going to go back today and steal her egg if its the last thing I do! :)

• Like 2

I got everything I wanted from the event - replaced some old kibble dinos with high lvl event ones, Thylas, a yuty, several griffins (two of them 150 wilds), wyvern and possibly drake eggs. Only thing I couldn't find was a colored oviraptor.

Also went to the drake trench on AB for the first time, and omg it's sooo satisfying to actually find high lvl eggs. 

We got almost a fridge full of 145+ drake eggs, and it took like 4 hours with 2-3 people. I have found maybe 10 wyvern eggs lvl 150+ during the ARKaeology and extinction chronicles. Never expected good drake eggs to be that easy to find. I wish SE had better wyvern eggs now... 

• Like 1

CrossArkCluster1 - Ragnarok

This x2 weekend was a good one! I was able to get 50k+ metal ingots from Friday - Saturday. As well as my first Wyvern Egg on this server. I took my Red, White and Blue color mutated 100% imprinted lvl 300 Argy to the Wyvern Trench and had to fight off 7 Wyverns just for a 165 Fire Egg lmao. I was able to kill a few before finally needing to retrograde via getting them stuck on cliffs and mountains while I hauled the ever loving ass outta there. Got back to base at 1.4k HP out of 10k HP. And that's with the 30% dmg reduction from imprint + 79 armor saddle. Additionally, I picked up another 7 Ovis, 2 being females with the Blue event mutation and 1 with purple. Also got a male that's bright orange but that's not based on the event. 

Finally, I had to fight off my first would-be raider since I jumped to Ragnarok. I come back to base and see a Ptera (I didn't bring any pteras to Rag) parked on the top of my Castle, and a guy in full black flak trying to grapple to a lower floor. He SOMEHOW didn't notice me, so I flew low and creeped up to the other side of the ridge, pulled my spyglass and checked who it was (not surprising as I've been warned about this gentleman via the Alphas). Once I knew, I alerted my tribe. I got one of my farmers to bed transfer over to my base and keypad the turrets off. Like clockwork, the guy noticed the turrets shut off and decided to move in. Then, with 4 digits, the turrets went right back on as he approached the dino gate to the main room. He didn't even bring a shield lmfao. I quickly dispatched his Ptera (WHICH WAS ON PASSIVE) and got a MC pump shotty, 40 shells and 22 C4 out of the ordeal. I'm sure he'll be back though, and i'll have some new additions waiting for him! 

Edited by Veraduun
  • Like 1

Questions:

My baby rex, Princess, is only level 204 while her father is level 267 and her mother is level 273. Is it just me or is that absurdly low? Is level 204 reasonable with parents of that caliber or is that as far in the low end as I think it is?

I play on single player PVE without maturation speed cranked yet she grew up so fast that she only needed to be cared for once and she was at 100% imprinting. I went through this process about a year and a half ago with a baby Carno and I took MUCH longer. What’s changed?

So I decided that I wanted to build a wee outpost in the desert biome of Ragnarok, so I set up shop in one of the ruins and incorporated tge ruins into the build attempting to keep the main features of the ruins intact. Never attempted a build quiet like this but I have been wanting to do this on Ragnarok for ages. Ragnarok seems to be full of these ruins which would be great to incorporate builds into. Finally finished the main structure tonight, think it came out ok but not quiet as well I would have liked. Still got some structural decorations to do such as the balcony to do and add railings to the stairs. 

rps20180724_220658.thumb.jpg.c30a4db031b2999d68a853104862788d.jpgrps20180724_220737.thumb.jpg.1158702921a68fb873b92ef92004f648.jpg

Gone for an open plan type of build, but still deciding on if I would like to build in a few rooms especially on the top floor. Just need to furnish the build now. 

rps20180724_220759.thumb.jpg.071a20b29462887a1af32345801fd6c1.jpgrps20180724_220836.thumb.jpg.e5ea8b4e4c03c7a002efd6c3ac9d8a87.jpg

Havent quite decided what else I should build at this outpost, but at the very least I would like to build my greenhouse out here and maybe some dino stables. Heck maybe even another bird tower but I just hate the effort required to craft up adobe.

• Like 5

So this morning I went into the blue zone on my bred and imprinted Spino and tamed myself a lvl 68 female Megalosaurus! Really quick tame, but for some reason aggros ravagers, raptors, scorpions... ugh! That is really frustrating. Spinos don't aggro those, even though they have worse stats...

So tonight I think I'll tame an at least 100+ male and maybe a higher level female to go get a Drake egg, because that was the reason I wanted a Megalo in the first place! But now that I realize that they aggro small things like ravagers, and more importantly other megalos (because from the wiki and watching videos I've noticed a lot of Megalos down in the red zone. If I can't find a 100+ male and female tonight, I'll probably go down on my Spino.

On 7/21/2018 at 2:47 AM, Ryan220 said:

I did a bit of scouting around around Red Peak in preparation for getting an Argentavis. Not a sucessful outing.

I saw my first untamed Rex (s) and a whole host of other creatures. Magnificent scenery on the mountain.

Next I decided to fly around the swamp for something to do and saw an odd looking creature below me. I flew in close to get a better look and was knocked off of my Ptera by a flying creature. Then a Titanaboa appeared out of nowhere and you can guess the rest. I returned to the area on a spare Ptera but there was no sign of my other one.

Live and learn

My guess is that you were either knocked off by a flying Thyla or Purlovia. Hate those things.

22 hours ago, Jester331 said:

Xbox Player Dedi. Server - Ragnarok

Logged in after turning SP settings off and used destroywilddinos to reset spawns, since no new dinos were spawning (specifically Ice Wyverns) then immediately went looking for Ice Wyverns eggs (the wife REALLY wants one). Found a lvl 45 one, better than nothing. Went back to the Wyvern trench and spotted a lvl 170 Female Lightning Wyvern, but didnt have much time before work, so I went back to my base and crafted some gunpowder/bullets. I am going to go back today and steal her egg if its the last thing I do! :)

Update on my last post.

I found the lvl 170 Lightning Wyvern egg! Then it only got better! I also found a lvl 150 fire and a lvl 190 poison :) The wife got on after I found them and we hatched the lightning for me and the fire for her. Went to go get milk and got lucky again. Found a low lvl Alpha Wyvern! We have plenty of milk.

Also tranqed a 140 pink female Parcer that wondered up to my base for the giggles. All in all a good day. Hopefully my lucky streak continues!

Edited by Jester331
Darn auto correct.
  • Like 4

ArkCrossCluster1 - Ragnarok

Last night wasn't super productive. I ended up showing a new tribe mate a few places around Ragnarok to start a solo base, surveyed the dozen or so Spinos at the Grand Canyon and tossed up a few more turrets at my base. I also didn't realize that there were Wyverns anywhere other than the Volcano trench near the Highlands. But apparently there are more on the South West end of the map. Which means I may be able to find another way to securely get eggs with an Argy or Griffen. Exciting! 

I think i'll spend my few hours tonight throwing up some Behemoth Gates near my Castle for a large dino storage yard, but won't actually fill it with anything until I've built a few more pillboxes. Because you know, the streets ain't safe :)

• Like 4