So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

CrossArkCluster1 - Ragnarok

I finally managed to bring everything over from my tribe's main base on The Center to my new outpost on Ragnarok. Indy Forge, Chem Bench, Fab, Genny, turrets etc. My plan was to keep it all in a small and remote location until I sufficiently scouted out the server to see if my preferred building locations were uninhabited. Praise Talos, because my #1 preferred spot was the Castle, and it was empty! With the exception of a few random sleeping bags, campfires and spike walls that I had to clear out first ;). I talked to the Alpha's (in which i've conducted many trade deals with, and am personal friends of) and got full permission to build there. I only asked because they have a monstrous 3 behemoth-gate-high base within rendering distance of the Castle. Apparently it was an old Wyvern pen that got abandoned after the 100 turret limit. 

So far i'm REALLY digging the Castle though! Gives me a nice ES4 - Oblivion feel. And it's nice that they made the rubble farm-able for stone, so I don't have to have piles of junk lying around in my new home. I plan to throw down my crafting stations and secure a room with turrets so that I can start working to get this dirt mound looking proper. 

So many ideas! And there is a nice beaver spawn nearby for CP, as well as small Bee Nests near the base of the Castle for bears (my tribe loves bears). It's gonna be a nice project. 

• Like 3

Made a roof on part of my dino pen, and then build a bird cage on top.

But holy poop, its difficult to make something that is not a wooden box..

Could have probably build this twice if i did everything right the first time :P

q3npkst3c9d1l.jpg

kkb2sj18gw.jpg

What you see at the ground lvl is the first dino pen i ever made.

I learned some things from that :D

• Like 5

Today we continued work on the wall. We got all but 1 side finished and that side will be just to keep our dinos from running off the cliff if a stray ichthy or bug makes their way into our base. We then organized the dinos and realized we now have a boatload of room for more dinos so we need to get to taming, lol. I'm still planning on taming atleast 1 of every dino from all 3 maps before extinction comes out

After organizing the dinos we did some base organization. Everything has a storage container now. It probably won't stay that way for long, but its good for now, lol. We also built a s+ vault in our barracks area to hold all our armor, weapons, ammo, tributes and taming supplies. We dont really need a vault, but its nice fitting several large storage boxes worth of stuff into one vault. Before logging out this morning we moved our crops to the roof of our base and put clear, frameless s+ glass over them for the green house bonus without taking away from the looks of the base . Had some crops destroyed in our green house on the beach when a trike I was kitting attacked our green house and clipped through the s+ glass wall, so our roof is much safer.

Right now we are afk raising some allos. I forgot how much I like breeding allos. Only 2 hrs to grow up with my rates with a precooked egg (love the s+ hatchery) and 1 imprint for 100%. 3 out of the 5 we hatched got mutations so Im looking forward to seeing them all grown up.

Tomorrow morning we will hopefully finish the wall. I also noticed a lvl 202 female allo near my allo taming pen so we will probably tame her up. And then tomorrow night we will probably hatch more allos, lol

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

Alright so my metal gathering expedition was cut a bit short at the small volcanic island... I died, but as expected my boy Cloud prevented any further death. The part that really cut the trip short is that three of my large storage boxes of metal were destroyed when my group was attacked by T.Rexes, so I needed to spend about 45 minutes transferring the dropped metal to the remaining storage boxes. I then decided that since all my other storage boxes were below half health that I wouldn’t risk losing all this metal so I headed back home. Overall I’d still call this a successful trip. All in all I gathered over twenty five thousand ingots worth of metal: a solid haul, and probably well enough to finish up the body of my base. My next step is to start forging all of this stuff. While the forging is going on I’ll need to go on an enormous cementing paste run. Really wish you could get cementing paste by killing Araneo and such with the frog, but sadly I need to go into the swamp for dragonflies. Anyway after that my next priority will be air conditioners so that I can incubate eggs while I continue construction.

• Like 2

We finished raising our allos last night. We actually only had 2 with mutations, not 3. The bluish color on this one, its actually looks a lot lighter in game

y4mTEdFzXPMYWFy4MDq1cX3uCIlthFBR8xgWJ9zD

Not sure the color mutation on this one or if it got a color on a region it had, but it still looks cool

y4m4v58UZgBUjfzN0-58rp7E_zepDeeCeJ3z4W0i

and we tamed this girl this morning 

y4mu_1s7C9Nog_6X7hAJr-ic3-EqmqazFtwk_7tM

Then we spent the rest of our time gathering meat so we can hatch more eggs tonight. We also tamed a low lvl female kentro for kibble. I think we may tame more kentros to breed just because they have cool colors too.

Ill probably hatch another 8 or 10 allos tonight, only keeping ones with mutations

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

PS4 - Private server - Ragnarok

Was flying all over the map on my Fire Wyvern "Ghost Pepper" looking for more Tek dinos or event colored dinos.  Not having any luck, but doing a but of CP farming at some beaver dams, and just kind of "sight seeing".  Then as I was in the southern zone near the Wyvern cove, I see a beautiful blue with purple Sabertooth.  IT was a a max level 150, so I scooped it up with the wyvern, and flew over to my outpost in the south islands.  I dropped it into the taming pen, and landed my wyvern.  But then I start seeing damage numbers and before I can get over to the taming pen I get a death message that dinos had killed the sabertooth. 

My outpost holding pen and the taming pen are separated by a dino gate, and last time I tamed something at that outpost, I must have forgotten to close the gate after moving the dino from the taming pen to the holding pen.  So of course this allowed the saber to start attacking my dinos, who promptly laid down an azz kicking on the saber. Oh well,  I needed to refill the food bins anyway, as the meat had spoiled.

Then due to local construction, my internet started getting weird, so I just logged off, and went to bed early.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

Alright so my metal gathering expedition was cut a bit short at the small volcanic island... I died, but as expected my boy Cloud prevented any further death. The part that really cut the trip short is that three of my large storage boxes of metal were destroyed when my group was attacked by T.Rexes, so I needed to spend about 45 minutes transferring the dropped metal to the remaining storage boxes. I then decided that since all my other storage boxes were below half health that I wouldn’t risk losing all this metal so I headed back home. Overall I’d still call this a successful trip. All in all I gathered over twenty five thousand ingots worth of metal: a solid haul, and probably well enough to finish up the body of my base. My next step is to start forging all of this stuff. While the forging is going on I’ll need to go on an enormous cementing paste run. Really wish you could get cementing paste by killing Araneo and such with the frog, but sadly I need to go into the swamp for dragonflies. Anyway after that my next priority will be air conditioners so that I can incubate eggs while I continue construction.

Swamp with a frog?? That's the old school way my friend. Have you not heard of Beaver Dams, or are they blocked off on your server? In the Center, you can easily get 10k+ CP from hitting the various Beaver Dams Jungle N/M/S as well as the Swamps and the Floating Island. 

• Like 1

Today I took a flight on my Ptera from my base in the Footpaw up the East coast to approx 62-16.

On the way I saw a giant red floating tower thing that was ringed by tamed donosaurs, lots of huge bases that contained hundreds of dinos, but best of all, once I was at 62-16 I could see a huge mountain shaped like a volcano in the distance. I decided that an adventure to there would be for another day.

I then returned home and went out and tamed my first Raptor. Feeling inspired by my success, I went on a rampage with it - those dodos never stood a chance ?

Another fun day in Ark

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Finally got the structures together to put in a new platform on the bird tower so I can store some of the wyverns I had hatched up. 

Then hopped on a Wyvern for a bit of exploration, hit up the red drops in the snow cave and the desert got a few good things. Looked for a high level thylo or bary but no luck there, however I did find a 156 tek stego, so I picked it up and took it back to the taming pen. Knocked it out and tamed it up.

rps20180719_212919.thumb.jpg.4db43f5e5bd658f0d244fa5d73f3ad9d.jpg

• Like 6

Today...built a separate little stables, sorted by the feeding type of the dinos.

Went to the Scar , on SE . Cleaned up all the eggs people drop, not knowing it prevents spawn of the new ones. 

Hopefully after cleaning the wyvern nests as well i ll manage to stumble upon an event ones. 

Even if you observe the parents, and get their egg, it could turn out not event one. So wish me luck i am hatching em later today. 

Will post results later.

• Like 1

Went up the volcano on the island. did a decent metal/crystal/obsidian run and decided to go home.

forgot the argy has reduced weight on these so got more than i thought i could. did the long boring flight back and then relaxed. took the allo out for a but of meat then took the anky rock smashing to top up the sparkpowder. 

plan for tonight, get CP, oil and some pearls then set about upgrading everything and getting the base to a decent state

• Like 1

Went out looking for a decent ptetanodon in a cool color, immedietly found a lvl 140 on herbivore island with a black and red body and white wings.

Flew off to the main island for some prime meat.

Found a lvl 20 alpha raptor close to my spike walls so i blocked him in while in the air.

He took around 25 arrows to the face before he died.

After killing some stegos and brontos, i found another lvl 25 alpha raptor and decided to take him head on with my ptera.

After a couple minutes i was on low health so flew up on a cliff to heal a little and the raptor got himself stuck between the cliff and a spike wall :D

So i finished him off with a few arrows and got plenty prime meat for the last 3% of taming :P

I now have a lvl 180 ptera :)

• Like 2

Last night we bred Allos again. Didn't get any new mutations but kept ones with the previous ones, plus any that came out all black. We will probably do another round of breeding tonight and I need to move most of the dinos from the rex factory up to the main base, it is getting very crowded and probably has 20 allos in it now, lol

So we go on vacation for 5 days starting tomorrow so I will be shutting my servers down for that time. Since this morning was our last time playing until next Friday, we figured we would just do an event dino taming spree. We didn't care about their level, just the color.

This kentro was first. It wasn't event but I liked the color anyways 

y4mjcBWQoDwlh3EGj7Tjgm6GPjzPfrNFamdWPo7G

After that we got a purple scorp (forgot to take a screen shot), a purple anky, a blue anky, a purple Argent and a blue parasaur

y4mzPlYOCCefgTV0XnIwZNFbU3tvJQMImfOO2mHz

y4mrlptmUne6DmQZPF2xZmMvzocjspV8Nm-Zp59J

y4m_Z2kSdsOuQg86-Z0PbWnnmz80GboTkg85etf7

y4mZLsjOj1wR8H293xpZZtfjw9RNwILdvsO4BIME

We missed out on an awesome blue and purple rex, spotted it just as it died to a large pack of raptors :(

This will be my last update until next week unless we get some kind of cool mutation with the allos tonight, but Ill keep reading everyone else's post while i am on vacation 

• Like 3

CrossArkCluster1 - Ragnarok

I didn't get to spend a whole lotta time in game last night because I had to work late, but I do feel good about how it went. While exploring the area around my new Castle, I found a narrow trench about 100 feet high that was absolutely littered with metal nodes. They're all in really strange spots up and down the walls of the trench, so i'll need to either grab a tribe mate and mine it with the Argy/mounted Anky combo, or catch myself a Quetz here and toss my Platform Saddle on it. There are probably 40 metal nodes in the trench, which will make a nice haul on x2 since it's so close to my base. I also found another large yet abandoned base not far from mine. Looks like the 100 turret limit screwed them too. :/ This weekend, i'll likely prime tame a nice Griffin in order to grab some Wyvern eggs. Might as well get started on finding the good ones now while i'm securing my Castle. Got a good amount of turrets in production, and already have about 50 set up. Still need more ammo that, as usual! 

- Senju

• Like 1

PS4 - Private Server - Ragnarok

Logged in, and I was still at my Southern Island outpost. I took my shark out to gather some fish for my pelican, and I came across a event blue level 90 Basil ... so I started taming him up, only to be attacked by a herd of mantas that were not with it when I first swam up to it. Luckily my shark is a badazz, and we quickly killed them all. Then I spotted a bright blue level 150 dolphin, and since I had time before the next feeding of the Basil, I figured I would tame up the dolphin too. 

Then all heck broke loose, out of seemingly nowhere 6-8 sharks were attacking us from all directions. We were fighting them off, and then another round of mantas joined the party. Now I am getting worried, as the HP level is dropping fast on my shark. Finally I get us loose, and we race back to the outpost water pen. I happen to have another shark there, so I swap sharks and head back out, we finish off the remaining sharks and mantas,  but the blue Basil   and dolphin are nowhere to be found. After about 5 minutes of searching I find the Basil swimming right next to another Basil (level 60). This was the first time I've ever seen two so close to each other. But I finally finished taming the blue basil, threw a saddle on it, and rode it back to the water pen at the outpost.

Not far from the pen was a lone level 140 female shark, and she was in some shallow water, so I quickly tamed her up.

I had brought along a teleporter, so I took all of the land dinos from this outpost, and teleported them back to my green OB base. Leaving just the 3 sharks and Basil at the outpost.

Then I stopped by my breeding pen that I built after spawning in 4 random ravagers. I tamed and kept the level 100 and 145, and killed the other two. I've since been keep them in perpetual breeding mode, trying to get some color mutations. Thus far, only a minor color mutation, but the pack has risen to around 20, as I keep anyfemales that are born with a high level. Hopefully they kick out a few colored ones soon, as they are going thru so much meat, it is hard to keep their food bins full.

Then I hoped over to my SE single player map, and took my best Wyvern out for an egg run in the scar. I ended up with about 11 eggs, but only 4 above level 100. the rest were junk. But I decided to keep them to tame my first ever titanboas. Using the junk eggs, plus some I'd kept from previous scar trips, I ended up taming 3 boas.

I then flew the majority of the map, but did not see any Tek Rexes. :(

Refilled the food bins for everyone, and logged off.

• Like 3

I started the LONG process of smelting all of the metal I have. I managed to craft eight air conditioners and a generator with electrical cables connecting them. I then built a ramp from the second floor of my base (where all of my crafting and work stuff will be going on, including incubation and hatching.) to the outside of my base where my dinos are. My next order of business will be to load the forges back up with more metal and to build a dino breeding pen.

• Like 2

Started of by taking the new poison wyvern round for a spin in order to level it up (all into weight and stamina at this point, so it can become my heavy weiggt hauler) at the same time looking for high level thylos and barys. Eventually found a 135 male bary in the mud flats so got it back to base and knocked it out. Grabbed the Ichyornis and went up to one of the pools where the coel gather to fish them for prime fish meat. Theres something satisfying about fishing with an ichyornis, I know alot of people hate them (well the wild ones anyway) but i do have a soft spot for them. Farmed up enough prime fish and tamed up the bary.

Went back out on the wyvern again and after a round or two more in the south decided that I should really suck it up and look for thylos in the redwood forest, been trying to avoid that as I usually end up dying alot hunting thylos this way. Didnt die once but I didnt find any high level thylos either. Went back to base and picked up the anky as the poison had more than enough weight in it by now and did a quick metal run and filled up the forge.

Swapped out to the new lightning wyvern to level it up and did another circuit looking for thylos and barys. No luck, I did see a 130 female bary but decided to find something higher but didnt luck out. Found another 156 stego, this time a male and took it back to the taming pen and knocked it out. Filled it up with berries and logged off for the night, the stego should be fine to tame up.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 5