So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

My wife usually watches myself and my brothers play Ark, but has recently become interested in actually playing.

She watched me breed a few Rex's and really wanted to help with that and building, so I let her play for a few hours. She now loves the game, so I bought her an Xbox this morning. 

She joined my server and I went with her to explore both Ragnarok and the Island. Showed her some basics and put her to work breeding some Rex's. 

Happy I could get her hooked on this game (she's also shown an interest in State of Decay 2.) She's going to our Island server tomorrow to continue construction on our base there. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, GenTech1000 said:

I hopped on single player and continued construction on my velociraptor pen. I also tweaked the parking spot for my log cabin and started building an underwater research lab. You know, the usual. What about everyone else?

Technically they’re Utahraptors, not Velociraptors. Just sayin’. Cool tho.

Logged in to the PS4 server after a week long trip. Fortunately no-one took advantage of the week timer and demolished our base. Tho some alert individual noticed the 7 day to claim rule and nabbed some of the pteras and equus at one  of our satellite bases near the Wyvern trench.

I had prepared a little and bumped the food stat of some of the "personal" dino s so we didn't lose any to starvation. We lost 5 or 7 random pegos that no-one cared about tho.

Not much today. Quickly jumped on to check out the new update and to take my new fire wyvern out for a spin. Saw a drop dead gorgeous blue rex and a blue allo, just a pity they were such low levels. Might need to start hunting for otters again to get a nice blue one and maybe even strike lucky for the dream blue fire wyvern. Pity we only have a week of these colours.

• Like 1

Guest DJRone89
Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Pity we only have a week of these colours.

On official yes, but hosts can run whatever events they like, just only one at a time. That includes the one going on now ;)

How’s my day going; well just lost my main character so now I’ll be deciding over the coming week which dinos will be culled, and which ones I’ll be raising again.

Daily post from me incoming :)

Started today off doing a little pearl farming on SE. Then we decided we should hop over to the island and finally try to finish the wall around our base. We have been putting it off for weeks and it needs to get done. So we start out by gathering stone wood and thatch. While gathering my wife spots a 217 female bronto with a cool pattern on the beach so we decide to trap it and tame it

While it was taming we continued work on the wall. I noticed a glowing bone pile so I picked it up and it had an ascendent bronto platform saddle bp...kind of cool to get since we were currently taming a bronto.

So the bronto finishes taming and stands up with 20k hp. We manage to finish the back wall and half of a side before we had to go to work.

Tomorrow we will continue work on the wall and also start organizing dinos. Its a complete mess now, its been a while since we put anything back, lol

Heres the bronto y4ml0X7U11n_lMRHPg4X2plVmu1bwbDFTJDbkEek

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

Today I set off On a quest to find and mine metal all over the center map. I loaded up my raft with like ten large storage chests, my 230 Ankylo named Oreo, Cloud my 270 battle argy for security, and Victoria my 210 cargo Quetzal for easy metal transport to the raft. Now I’m setting sail across the ocean like jack raptoring sparrow in search of metal hotspots to mine out. As of now I’ve stopped by Skull island, and the southeastern island. I also plan to stop by the two lava islands (Cloud can three shot a mid level rex so I’m not so worried), and the northern jungle area. I know that there’s metal at the top of the two snowy mountains, however I’ll be saving those for last because I’d need to park my raft really far away from there and therefore metal transport from there would be tedious. Are there any metal hotspots I’m forgetting???

9 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Not much today. Quickly jumped on to check out the new update and to take my new fire wyvern out for a spin. Saw a drop dead gorgeous blue rex and a blue allo, just a pity they were such low levels. Might need to start hunting for otters again to get a nice blue one and maybe even strike lucky for the dream blue fire wyvern. Pity we only have a week of these colours.

Jerboas on offical SE . I got an amazing dark blue / purple one. It does not matter i already have a real mutation. Just could not help myself. 

Also  blue wys, purple wys and black wys are gonna be a thing now.

Pity i missed the x mas event wyverns hunts. I still can not find anyone willing to sell me a red fire wyvern. I want one, badly. 

My day is not so grand as Im still new to the game.

I logged on quickly before I left for work this morning to check on my first baby dino.

Alas, it had starved to death during the night, poor little thing.

On a positive note, it now leaves me free to start my first ever raft voyage of exploration. I was going to head West and North from the Footpaw but was advised that an Easterly trip along the South would be safer. Im hoping to bag my first Raptor along the way. I have  a saddle ready and plan to ride it home and then use a sleeping bag to return to my raft. 

Im looking forward to my trip immensely.

• Like 2

A lot has happened since the last time I wrote here. I'll tell the more interesting one I think.

I started playing more actively again on our Aberration server, but it was basically only me playing and I got bored of being alone (I blame my friends for introducing me to online multiplayer... I was fine sticking to my single player games, but now I want to play with others). Also, after watching some youtube videos, I got a craving to play on Ragnarok again, as the map wasn't finished when we played on it before. With this in mind, I went to check the server advertisement section of the forum and found an active, unofficial PvE cluster that sounded like a good fit for me. I've been playing on this cluster for a week and half now I think and I'm liking it so far.

I started on Ragnarok, in one of the easy areas. Tamed a 140 lystro that was walking around in front of me and set off to build my starting shack. One thing I noticed immediately that separated the cluster from an official server, was the lack of 1x1 thatch huts littering the beaches. Instead you had either proper bases, or just a pristine beach (they have rules about cleaning up after yourself, which I like). I made my shack and tamed a bunch of animals (dodos, dilos, trikes) and had a good time puttering around, killing every dastardly seagull I could. My friends got curious and decided to join as well, so we now have a small tribe on the cluster. Of course, two of my said friends have pretty much stopped playing, so it's just me and S playing atm. At least now, if she also stops, I can join another tribe and don't have to feel all alone anymore.

My plans on this cluster is to do things a bit differently. I want to tame things I haven't tamed before (like tuso) and use tames I haven't used as much such as wolves, sabers, raptors etc. Basically, I won't breed any rexes/theriz and instead buy fert eggs for boss fights. I also won't use said rexes/theriz other than for boss fights and instead stick to smaller tames with argents as the highest tiered tame. I haven't decided yet how to go about collecting wyvern eggs, because I want wyverns even if they'll only be base decoration. I might use a wyvern for it when I get one, but we'll see.

Also, I want to do all the caves, bosses and ascension on all difficulty levels, which I still haven't done all of. Hopefully, it'll be fun to try and accomplish this.

As of now, we only lack a fiber/thatch gatherer as we have all the other essential tames. I've started looking for dimorphodons for caving, but haven't had much luck so far. Tamed a 140 male, but he got hit so I lost some levels on him unfortunately. I'm going to breed the dimos I thought, mainly because I haven't before and because I can. I'll continue to look for more dimos today and also to keep an eye out for tek stegos and event coloured creatures.

This is our small base, which I call small as dino gates are the largest gates that will be used in it:
4EazkIU.jpg

nEFvCnn.jpg

Npwu9av.jpg

I just realized that the breeding building is not on any of the images, but oh well.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

Today I set off On a quest to find and mine metal all over the center map. I loaded up my raft with like ten large storage chests, my 230 Ankylo named Oreo, Cloud my 270 battle argy for security, and Victoria my 210 cargo Quetzal for easy metal transport to the raft. Now I’m setting sail across the ocean like jack raptoring sparrow in search of metal hotspots to mine out. As of now I’ve stopped by Skull island, and the southeastern island. I also plan to stop by the two lava islands (Cloud can three shot a mid level rex so I’m not so worried), and the northern jungle area. I know that there’s metal at the top of the two snowy mountains, however I’ll be saving those for last because I’d need to park my raft really far away from there and therefore metal transport from there would be tedious. Are there any metal hotspots I’m forgetting???

Personally, I suggest getting well acquainted with the Redwood's and the ABUNDANCE of metal there. It usually takes me about 2 hours to fill 4 Industrial Forges with metal on Official in the Redwoods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Veraduun said:

Personally, I suggest getting well acquainted with the Redwood's and the ABUNDANCE of metal there. It usually takes me about 2 hours to fill 4 Industrial Forges with metal on Official in the Redwoods. 

Damn that’s literally just across the bay from my base XD. I should have started off with that. I might fill up my storage chests before I get back there. Meh, I can build more storage chests. But thus far I’ve collected the equivalent of about twelve thousand metal ingots: already twice the amount that I gathered this past weekend.

Do you play on an Official or a pvt server? If your environment is friendly enough, you might think about creating a tree platform for somewhere in the Redwoods, and tossing a few Indy Forges on it. That would make life a lot easier for when you farm there. And even if it's not friendly, you can always do it out of metal and wall it up. 

39 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

Do you play on an Official or a pvt server? If your environment is friendly enough, you might think about creating a tree platform for somewhere in the Redwoods, and tossing a few Indy Forges on it. That would make life a lot easier for when you farm there. And even if it's not friendly, you can always do it out of metal and wall it up. 

Single player: as friendly as it gets, lol. I don’t have any industrial forges yet. I’m just now upgrading my base from stone to metal and industrializing. I’ve been operating with a room full of ten regular forges.

PS4 - private server - Ragnarok

After waiting a few hours for the download to finish, I jumped on for a short bit, to see if I could spot any of the new colors or the tek Stego.  After about 10 minutes of flying around on my Fire Wyvern, I found a level 168 Tek Stego female. Wonderful green  body with red.  I grabbed her and dropped her off in one of my taming pens.  I knocked her out, then flew over to one of my crop plots to grab some veggies as I don't have any sarco kibble on this server. Then I crafted up a saddle and painted in all black

She stood up at 251, I rode her for a bit to collect berries and level up a bit, and then I dropped her off at the main base.

Then I called it a night.

• Like 4