So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah it seems like it is normal unfortunately. 16 for gamma, 45 for beta and 95 for alpha according to the wiki page. Could be wrong here but I beleive I saw a tweet saying its being looked into to change it.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/The_Center_Arena_(The_Center)

Only 95 for Alpha!? It takes 100 just to build a replicator! And you’re fighting two bosses! For the center what I’d do if I were a developer I’d crank up the requirements to battle a the bosses and then gave it be 50, 100, and 200 for Gamma, Beta and Alpha respectively. Also the wiki is incorrect about the arena requirements for gamma. You don’t need any animal parts, just artifacts.

• Like 1

I saw a snail. 

It's my thing to see new creatures that are not common spawns.  More so than playing the game as I should play it.  Getting used to using cheats.  Set my player character to be overpowered.  Now all I have to worry about is keeping my pet-dinos alive and taking my enemy (raptors) straight on.  I did not like being held down and killed by raptors in multiplayer (or singleplayer with lower settings).  I just couldn't enjoy the game like that.  I want danger.  But only the type of danger you get yourself out of.  Not the no matter what you do you are screwed type of danger. 

So yeah my thing is seeing new animals.  I avoid most of the wiki so I don't get "spoilers" on what is in the world.  So when I see it for the first time I am surprised.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah it seems like it is normal unfortunately. 16 for gamma, 45 for beta and 95 for alpha according to the wiki page. Could be wrong here but I beleive I saw a tweet saying its being looked into to change it.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/The_Center_Arena_(The_Center)

Only in this game, the free DLCs will have better game xperience than those we payed for, bigger maps, more resources, max lvl dinos and now people ask for more element... whats next?

12 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

I saw a snail. 

It's my thing to see new creatures that are not common spawns.  More so than playing the game as I should play it.  Getting used to using cheats.  Set my player character to be overpowered.  Now all I have to worry about is keeping my pet-dinos alive and taking my enemy (raptors) straight on.  I did not like being held down and killed by raptors in multiplayer (or singleplayer with lower settings).  I just couldn't enjoy the game like that.  I want danger.  But only the type of danger you get yourself out of.  Not the no matter what you do you are screwed type of danger. 

So yeah my thing is seeing new animals.  I avoid most of the wiki so I don't get "spoilers" on what is in the world.  So when I see it for the first time I am surprised.

Did you name it Gary? that is the real questions ?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Another productful day. Started of by installing all the electricals into the breeding barn. Got the AC units and fridges in now so ready to roll with any breeding.

Went across to the wyvern trench for my first wyvern egg run with my griffin. As I feared all the eggs had not been cleared out enough recently so most had spoiled so I had to clear out the trench before getting any luck. Even found a nest which had two eggs in it which shows it hadnt been cleared out since the nest fix. Obviously no one knew about that nest lol. A command which clears out the nest is certainly needed or at least include wild wyvern eggs in dino wipes. Eventually started to get a few eggs. Wasnt too much of a hassle, I remeber stealing eggs on a griffin being so much more stressful. Dont think one wyvern got me at all. Got a fire lvl 20, lvl 40 poison, lvl 65 fire and eventually lucked out for a lvl 165 fire so called it quits at that.  

Incubated the 65 and 165 eggs. Both came out singles, the 65 being an ok colour while the 165 came out in a rather sickly yellow colour, not a big fan of it. Plan was for the 65 wyvern to be a weight hauler but I dont think the stats will allow it like I hoped so it might be a dud. The 165 will be my main wyvern untill I get to the point of imprinting wyverns. Currently in the process of crafting up metal structures for a wyvern trap so itll eventually happen.rps20180709_203115.thumb.jpg.63c9d25b344f568e56e0ddb333b48943.jpg

Once they grew up I took them out for a spin. Nearly got the 65 killed when attacking a pack of allos. Took the other out and raided a few beaver dams for cementing paste. Went on a quick exploration south to install an oil pump in the desert to sort out my oil problems. Found a 145 thylocoleo so nabbed it and took it back to base to tame up. Think its an event coloured dino and not a big fan of it but wasnt passing up the level. Nah what am I saying I like the white, just would prefer a nice golden colour or might I say cyan...

rps20180709_203144.thumb.jpg.c2b5256eebabc622b2d40cb1248ec80c.jpg

Yep, that 165 Fire isn't the prettiest, but at least it is a 165!

I LOVE that Black and White Thyla ....  looks cool.   You are crazy loco to not like it!  ?

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

Yep, that 165 Fire isn't the prettiest, but at least it is a 165!

I LOVE that Black and White Thyla ....  looks cool.   You are crazy loco to not like it!  ?

There is that, was glad to get a 165 :)Cant wait to get a nice coloured 190 100% imprinted one :D . Bright red or completly black would be awesome.

What can I say. Definitely crazy here not going to deny it. I like it alot, although I do prefer nice vibrant colours, like golds and oranges in thylos, or the dream blue/cyan. I do appreciate the white and black though. 

Edited by AngrySaltire

PS4 - private server - Ragnarok

So I logged on last night, and once again is refuses to spawn me in my beds, but always some random spawn point on the beach.  I clearly select a bed, but ARK just says "FU" and spawns me where it wants.  (This always happens when I download my character when transferring over from my single player game) So after finally running all the way back to my base, my screen starts to lag sooo freaking bad, I thought I crashed.

Turns out I had left a couple of Jerboa on wander, and they some how got stuck together near a rock, and bred like a million times!  So I did an admin cheat "destroy all jerboas" and that seemed to help a bit.   I did manage to save about 20 Jerboas that had cool colors, and upload them before committing my mass jerboacide.

I still have only seen one Tech Rex on the map, and it got killed by Argies, before I even got a change to tame it. So I've been killing every rex that isn't worth taming, in hopes that a tech rex will spawn,

Just discovered that you cannot upload dino trophies ( like Trex arms, Argy talons, etc.) so I am stuck with tons of these on certain maps, but all the killing I did on the private server to transfer over to my single player, was a complete waste of time.   ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

• Sad 2

Can't do anything because I'm playing on a tame capped server 389b. I want to move to another server but where should I play ? all Rag servers have thousands of days and even the one I play on right now is quite fresh only 2600+ days the others are like 7k days. 

There is a FRESH server but I can't seem to move my old lv 97 character there. Too lazy to start fresh at lv 1 character, I'll be trying extinction later anyway.

So after I beat the Center Gamma Arena I gathered my army and we made the trek back to base. I died a few times on the way back so I actually returned with more dinos then I let with. So that’s great.

It’s time for phase 2 of Ark. I’ll be upgrading the main structure of my base from stone to metal, and the walls around my base from wood to stone. I’ll be getting a gas grill, a cooker, power generator, AC units for incubation etc. Anyway in order for all of that to happen I need to stop relying on my one Ankylosaur (Cliffe) for metal. So I got two high level Ankylosaurs (one male and one female) and knocked them out. It was all easy enough to do. While they started to tame up I put notes on my dinos. I do this to remind myself what roles I want that particular dino to fill and therefore what I’ll want to be upgrading it in. I’ve done this before so I figured I’d keep doing it until tha Anks are finished taming.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, prodigy1202 said:

So after I beat the Center Gamma Arena I gathered my army and we made the trek back to base. I died a few times on the way back so I actually returned with more dinos then I let with. So that’s great.

It’s time for phase 2 of Ark. I’ll be upgrading the main structure of my base from stone to metal, and the walls around my base from wood to stone. I’ll be getting a gas grill, a cooker, power generator, AC units for incubation etc. Anyway in order for all of that to happen I need to stop relying on my one Ankylosaur (Cliffe) for metal. So I got two high level Ankylosaurs (one male and one female) and knocked them out. It was all easy enough to do. While they started to tame up I put notes on my dinos. I do this to remind myself what roles I want that particular dino to fill and therefore what I’ll want to be upgrading it in. I’ve done this before so I figured I’d keep doing it until tha Anks are finished taming.

Good idea with the notes .... I do something similar, and sometimes even name the dino in a way that makes it obvious their role.  Nothing worse than wasting points in weight on a battle argy, etc.

Since you now have a pair of Ankys, I would suggest breeding them and getting an imprinted offspring, should end up stronger than the parents and be more useful.

Good luck with your upgrades.

ArkCrossCluster1 - The Center

Finally decided to make a trip to Ragnarok to check it out, as well as grab some oil from the rumored Oil Veins there. It was pretty sweet, I could see myself building a nice base there once I get bored of the current base I have in the Center. Might just stick around for a while to grab more oil and possibly prime-tame a nice Griffin. The map is gorgeous for sure, but not exactly land-tame friendly. Lots of altitude changes constantly, so not a whole lot you can do with a bear or something similar when it comes to travelling. The server seems to be pretty quiet though, other than some base ruins laying around with non-functioning pillboxes. We did see one large base that was active by a clan called "Mountain Dwarves", so it seems someone still plays there.  Once I transfer back to the Center, i'll be continuing my constant quest of metal production to increase the base defense, and likely starting on building structures for a small metal base on Rag so I have a "safe" place to come back to when I need to go there. 

• Like 3

So after a long break from the site, but not Ark, I have a lot I could discuss but I don't really have that type of time nor do you want to stare at this screen for that long so I will try to condense this to the most poignant stuff.

I hatched a lot in my time off but kept very little. No Quetzal's made the cut. 1 Yuty made the cut. It was a female with the magenta crest and tail I had been hoping for. This gives me a mating pair of that but it also gives me a female to breed with the lavender coat male and try to pull that magenta onto that color scheme. 

I did raise several Argy's. I was able to hatch a male with everything (4088 hp, 1400 stam, 800 weight, 431 melee) so he is now my main breeder for my color line. I still have the non mutated 800 weight for my stat line. That hasn't rolled over yet. Once he was done raising I hatched my color eggs and while I still need a multi blue colored Argy I was happy with what else I hatched. 

PS_Messages_20180711_091814.thumb.jpg.bef8e078fc8cd6853dc2e58cb9eaa060.jpg

Now comes the process of breeding in the stats to the color. So far none have taken fully. The last hatch was 2 days ago and while none took I did hatch a female with everything plus a stamina mutation (1440). I decided to make her my personal ride but with her heavy mutations not breed her into either of my actual lines. The game Arked me today though. I was on Aberration getting venom for the Drakes before work and when I went to go back to Rag to give he, her imprint (which was 1 hour and 15 minutes later than it should have been. What happened on that server after I got off last night?) my rag server was offline (despite it being on first thing this morning). 

There's no way for me to finish with 100% on her. I had resigned myself to only getting 83% due to missing an imprint during the day today but now it is looking more like 67%. I may just kill her if that's the case. I will keep her long enough to breed with the all stat male and give it another shot this weekend with hopes of getting the stam mutation and a female. 

As I mentioned I did finally get Aberration. It was a reward for several bouts of progress I had seen in the game by WC but it's like they knew as I have had several technical issues with both Ab and Rag since I purchased it. Well played WC. Gave me false hope. 

Despite that in general I really like Ab. I like the added danger (not from dying by bluescreens and disconnects though) and I since I had a tribe set up there it was a smooth transition early. 

I spawned in and we are located at the edge, overlooking the blue zone. I told them give me coordinates and I'd get there. They laughed and said I was going to die and I should let them pick me up but I went into my full character persona at that point. My characters name is Grog and I play him as a  caveman type warrior. I spawned in with a pike and a gps and made my way to their door step. I told them Ab wasn't ready for Grog. I had uploaded a Drake I had already on Rag and begun my exploration. 

Some really awesome stuff but the maps load times are reminiscent of island beta and rag when they first came out. I'll be traversing an area that looks barren when bam! Plants and rocks just pop in. This often time causes me to blue screen and it really is the only time I die on Ab. It also doesn't help that people have built huge bases at all the most traveled areas through blue to red. This often times causes dc's as well. 

So on day 1 of Ab we have a friend on a different Ab server that wanted to run gamma Rockwell. We told him we didn't have anything imprinted but he said no problem and so we went to his server. He gave us a drake and haz suits and we brought flak and shotty's. 

What an awesome fight but the guy was woefully unprepared. Alright drakes (I had 14k hp, 2100 stam) but primitive saddles. No mega's which I thought were standard fare for that fight. We made our way down to the arena in red and went into the fight. My one tribe mate (we are all one tribe in Ab like the Island) blue screened as soon as he got in. He died shortly after. The host died not to long after that. I hid at one point to heal up my drake and we were doing fairly well but eventually I got stuck by several reapers and nameless and the drake went down on the last tentacle of the last round. I fell, shotgunned a nameless in the face, and began to run around the back of Rockwell. My last two tribe mates were making their way to the last tentacle. I ran out of stamina so turned around to fight what was coming. Hoping against all hope that they could get Rockwell and the tentacle down. I wish I would have screen shotted what was coming at me. lol. 5 reapers and 10 nameless. I started shooting but with broken flak it didn't take long for me to go down. My tribe mates though were successful. They have now gotten the next part of ascension down. It means we know we can do when we run it ourselves with much better drake saddles (90+ armor bp and a crafter) mega's (Ours hatch 9.8k hp with 387 melee, they easily reach 25k hp and 600+ melee plus we have a 118 armor bp for them) and we are  going to use Stego's as tanks. 

To that end I started the hunt for stego's and have came away with a decent start. 5.7k hp (will keep looking for higher but with 100% imprint these guys will get to 27k in 50 levels), 1400 stam, and 390 melee. Some other alright stats (850 weight, 23k food) but I'd only consider those if bringing them into the Rag fight as tanks and needed higher torpor to combat Manticore. 

Ark trolled me on one tame. We found a 4030 pre-tame stego which gave us our 5.7k hp so when I found one that had 4550 pre-tame hp I was very happy. That is 30 points but RNG rules the day and it only rolled to 5.4k hp

The biggest problem now is finding more sarco kibble to tame more. Most people on PvE don't use sarco's so it's scarce to trade for. I did get myself 2 females and a male but they take up so much space and i haven't been on rag as much that it has been slow on the eggs. I plan on being on Rag raising more this coming weekend so I think I'll get more eggs.

On Ab we have each kind of found our niche. Two of my friends love to run the surface for drops and have already come out of there with great stuff. MC haz chest, mc haz boots, mc haz helmet, jm boots as well. Now we just need a higher durability glove set. They also pulled some other high ened stuff but for me the better haz suit helps as I have found myself running the drake pit for eggs. I love it and while my first drake finishes I am using a Drake I traded for awhile ago. 12k hp, I use a 67 armor saddle, and it has 2300 stamina. The better haz lets me farm the pits for several hours at a time and it has paid off as I have pulled multiple 190 eggs as well as probably 30 other eggs that are 150+. I wanted to stick with 170+ but the stats are so random that we decided to hatch and grab anything 150+ in the hopes of finding what we need/want for the Rockwell fight. 

I would have loved to run the scar on rag the same but it is so laggy there due to builds that I always feared glitching into the lava. There are no builds in radiation so the drake pit runs go very smooth despite the occasional overall server spike or if the drake (we renamed him stupy mcdumdum) decides to do his own thing. 

Finally, I didn't get near the farming done I wanted to get done due to playing as much as I did on Ab and it also limited my project tames. No Yuty hunts but I did get myself a 150 event Quetzal.

PS_Messages_20180702_131759.thumb.jpg.66ed9be6552283a01cb3175ccd2053c3.jpg

Gorgeous and heartbreaking at the same time. I tracked him across the canyon and finally put him down in a safe cliff area. I put a forcefield over him and then was ecstatic when I checked his stats. 2120 stamina. 36 points! I did calculations and found that an average roll (was 2x taming) would give me 2600 stamina. I've been looking for higher stamina (at 2400) and if I got a great roll, who knows how high it could go. I starved him down. Sat on him despite him being protected by a forcefield and when the time came placed in the kibble. He tamed up and...RNG. 2480 stamina. 9 levels added to stamina which is coincidentally what was added to that Stego's hp earlier. Thanks Ark. 

So that, despite it's length, is a short snippet of my time in ark over the last 10 days. 

Upcoming: Will hunt for better stego hp, will run the drake pit more, hatch eggs I have been storing up looking for next stat upgrade, will continue prepping for beta tek cave and gamma Rockwell, and I may even go ahead and get pregnant with my own Reaper. Until next week. 

Edited by yekrucifixion187
  • Like 4

Had a short play time today. Didn't really get a lot done but we did tame a few things. Started off by finding a 195 female Sabre right outside our base. Kited her to our taming pen and tamed her. While she was starving we did a quick metal run, only got about half of what I wanted because a rock elemental was blocking one path. Ended up with 1800 metal though. After taming the sabre we tamed a lvl 7 scorp for kibble.

Next we decided to tame an argy, went for a lvl 30 so we would only use it for "local" things and use our kanga or mega sloth for anything far away. After that we did a little gathering so we can start extending our walls as well as put a wall on the cliff behind us. then I brought our Island argies back to the island and we logged

We will continue to work on the wall this week. I'm debating on bringing over a couple of our boss rexes to help deal with these rock elementals. Our "oasis" is loaded with them, although we may just tame a good pair of rex on SE instead

Some eye candy, our new argy holding one of our jerboas

y4m5eqkXjQib7nz7jYQio5GdK5SVdwQjZ0EMNfzX

• Like 1

Guest DJRone89

Unofficial private cluster:

On my last session, I transferred over to Scorched Earth after it’s come back onto my second servers map rotation. Well, just before that, I farmed everything I needed on Ragnarok first because I only planned on having an outpost on SE and not a full on base.

Fortunately, I already had a small outpost near Red Ob so transferring in was a piece of cake as I only had a short glide over to the obelisk. First thing to transfer was my beloved Poison Wyvern (first hatch on the server) which I immediately stuck on neutral turret mode, and it’s a good thing I did because A Kapro hurtled off with me before getting poision bombed.

Next to come were my 3 main Rexs (retired boss killers), which I use for most of my long distance exploring. Grabbed all of my base structures and threw them onto the cargo train and off I went.

Settled for the central dunes location so that I at least have 100% wind as back up, should I decide to have power eventually. Built up the outpost and that took a couple hours - a nice enclosed box to house my Rexs, Wyvern, and whatever else I can fit in to such a small place and still have a functional base.

Took the Rexs out for a lap around the deep dunes to see if I could find an Alpha Deathworm but was unfortunate. Killed plenty normal Deathworms though so not all bad.

Made the painful discovery that the deep desert drops on SE are no better than the ones found on Rag, so may as well farm the Rag ones for a much quicker loot run.

21 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I still have only seen one Tech Rex on the map, and it got killed by Argies, before I even got a change to tame it. So I've been killing every rex that isn't worth taming, in hopes that a tech rex will spawn,

You actually need to kill everything in the area but you can compartmentalize. 

95780734_Rexspawn.thumb.png.f0e3131decee36730d8974190aa43500.png

Sorry for poor picture quality but here is an example. Each of the green squares is a potential spawn point for a Rex in the mountain section of Ragnarok. So each time that area is cleared there is, in this case, a 2.5% chance that a Rex will spawn there out of all the possible dino's that may spawn there. You'll see that percentage next to the red arrow. For comparison we'll look at a Sabertooth and see that there is a 12.5% chance that it will spawn in that area. The numbers below are the percentages of whether it will be multiple of that dino spawning and how many but are insignificant to this.

Now out of that 2.5% chance that a Rex will spawn, there is a 5% chance that it will be a Tek Rex. Further degrading that number is if it will be a Tek Rex worth taming, based upon level spawn. So it is very fractional to get a Tek Rex. 

To farm this, this is how we compartmentalize. You see the green squares with the orange line underneath? We clear one of all dino's (megalania's, dimnorph's, kentro's, allo's, etc.) then we walk over to the other square underlined with orange and clear that area. That put's your first cleared area out of render range and when you come back, fresh new spawns. 

Now we were many and took shifts but it worked as we have tamed at least 20 156+ Tek Rex's to this point. 

Eventually though it may get boring just constant farming and you can just let the game naturally spawn one in. Setting up for a boss fight at green ob the other night, I found a 168 female. Nothing special but it adds to our clean breeding pull. To this point we have tamed 12.3k hp, 2500+ stam, 990 weight, and 425 melee (all different Rex's) and we have gotten a health mute to 12.7k. Just takes time and luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not much today. Gathered up some metal and tamed up a 150 morelatops for the fun of it. Thought it would make berry farming a bit more enjoyable, been a while since I tamed one.

Did another trench run and lucked out on a 170 poison and a 180 lightning. All I need to do now is hatch the things and imprint fully on them. Still missing out on the high level fire egg to imprint on, I like having a high level fully imprinted fire and lightning to chose from and rotate between. The poison shall be a good weight hauler as I am not a big fan of them. Need to work on getting an ice one too but I am not too fussed.

• Like 3

I decided to build a metal fortress.

I already had 2500 ingots, so I built enough foundation to build the perimeter. I changed my mind on the size and built another 100 to fill up the inside. It might have been a mistake because now I need walls high enough for an industrial forge and that means another 20,000+ ingots.

• Sad 1

Today we started by doing a meat run to prepare for breeding our sabres tonight. Then we continued work on the wall on the cliff above us and got it about 75% complete. While working on it we noticed a lvl 90 argent nearby and decided to tame it.

While the argent starved we did a little metal run. We are working towards building a chemistry bench and indy forge.

After the argent tamed up I noticed our s+ plant x had finally finished growing. Took 2 or 3 real life days and that was with 300% greenhouse effect with s+ glass ceilings, i forgot crops take forever to grow on SE. So I removed the glass and set them to only target wild argents, wyvrens and vultures. Then I did a test run by kiting an argent over. They took it out fairly quick but I think a wyvren may get an attack or 2 in before getting taken out, so we planted 4 more s+ plant x.

Before logging we did a crystal/obsidian run in the nearby crystal cave.

So tonight we are going to breed the sabres and tomorrow we will work on the wall and continue gathering for the forge and chemistry bench. I think we are going to spend some time on the island this weekend taming event dinos and doing some housekeeping and maybe taming some thezios to slowly start getting ready for the dragon fight. I also really want to tame a few whales and start doing more ocean exploration

• Like 3

Not much today. Started the kibble farm. Built the barn into the overhang/cave thing below my main base to make the most of the limiting space which seems to become more limiting by the build. Just need to build the inside platforms and ramps and of course start taming kibble dinos..... Got two stegos which I tamed ages ago but thats it. 

• Like 1