So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Not a lot of time so Ill give the short version. Today we got a lot done. We tamed a 175 wolf, 127 thorny dragon, 210 thorny dragon, 3 lvl 3 vultures, 1 lvl 210 vulture and a 225 carno. We also built a fabricator, generator, fridge and ac unit.

We scoped out a spot for a new base, near the red obelisk. Theres a spot with 85% wind and there are tons of resources, especial pearls and crystals, but plenty of wood, thatch, stone and cactus sap to build a good base. Plans for this week are to gather and build enough to get moved down there, so a basic 10x10 structure as well as a dino pen. Plus we plan on taming an argent to help with the move, mainly to carry our squishy gathering dinos there as its a dangerous gauntlet getting there.

• Like 2

Today i continued preparations to get to the Gamma Center Arena. I had taken a two week hiatus from Ark so here’s a rundown of what I had been doing. One of the items necessary in order to get into the arena is a Tusoteuthis Tentacle. I had no idea how much of a threat a Tusoteuthis would be so instead of charging in head fires I came to this thread and asked for advice. At the time I had a Baryonyx, Sarco, Dunkleosteus, and Megalodon. All are over level 200 except for the Bary who is at 160. I was told that hypothetically I could take down a mid-level Tuso if nothing went wrong, I.e no other big scary things showed up.

Naturally Ark never goes according to plan so I basically said ‘screw that I need to tame more things.” I figured I’d try to tame a Mosa but the only ones I could find were an Alpha Mosasaur level 50 and a level 20 right next to each other. I looked around more and found tons of Plesiosaurs, some of which were high level so I decided to settle for a plesiosaur. I tamed up a level 150 and she tamed out at 216. Not bad at all. I then decided to use this Plesiosaur, whom I named Emma, to tame up another Plesiosaur whom I named Nessie. All and all this probably took about five or six hours.

I figured this army would be the one to take on a Tuso: two plesiosaurs level 200+, a Megalodon 200+, a Sarco 200+, a Baryonyx 160, and a Dunkleosteus 200+. I’m gonna have to hope that’s enough.

To end off the day I decided to go and try to find a Tuso, not to kill it, just to make sure I could find it. I took out Nessie and traveled to the edge of the map and dove downwards. Have any of you gone to the ocean edge of the center map? Here’s some advice. Don’t. That place is the poop that nightmares are made of. I was frankly terrified and really wanted to make sure that I didn’t get snuck up on. I never did end up reaching the bottom, but I did end up finding a Tuso. It was an Alpha level 55. Needless to say, after already being terrified of my surroundings, once this thing started coming after me I decided: “Nope. Bye.” And booked it the hell out of there.

so here’s my question, since I went back to base before I could find a regular Tuso: A. Do Alpha Tusoteuthis drop regular Tusoteuthis tentacles? And B. If so can the aquatic army described above kill an Alpha Tusoteuthis level 55?

• Like 3

Today started as a gathering day in preperation for the move. We want to prebuild a 10x10 building as well as a moderate sized pen before we make the move. My wife farmed stone/sand while i got wood and thatch. While gathering we spotted a lvl 30 morellatops stuck on some rocks so I decided to tame it for water storage/cactus sap gathering. For only a lvl 30 it had over 500 weight after being tamed which I was impressed with.

After clearing out all the trees near our base we decide to take a trip with the ankys to the nearby mountain to gather metal to make the ascendent sickle since we needed fiber for adobe as well. We came back with just enough metal for it so we throw it in the forges.

While waiting for the metal to smelt we went on hunt to find a high lvl wolf, sabre or carno to pair with the ones we had. We ended up finding something much better, a 195 Female Albino megatherium :D So i pop a tranq in it to agro it and start kiting it to our taming pen while my wife runs ahead to kill any bugs in the path. I get it almost to the pen and a jug bug appears out of nowhere and the megasloth goes beserk, so we fall back till it calms down and It wipes out all dinos that were around, pigs, wolves, ankys and doeds and even a parcer before it calmed down. 

We finally get it in the pen and after what seemed like forever had it tranqed. At this point we were short on time so I hoped over to this island as it was starving and slaughtered one of our sheep for mutton and I made the saddle. She stood up with just shy of 8k hp and a hair over 1200 weight. And now we dont have to make that sickle, lol

Plans for this week are to continue gathering for the move and find a mate for the megasloth so we can breed super sloths. We wont be playing this weekend as its my 5 year wedding anniversy so we are driving up to Bar Harbor, ME for the weekend, so we need to get as much done as we can before Friday

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

Today i continued preparations to get to the Gamma Center Arena. I had taken a two week hiatus from Ark so here’s a rundown of what I had been doing. One of the items necessary in order to get into the arena is a Tusoteuthis Tentacle. I had no idea how much of a threat a Tusoteuthis would be so instead of charging in head fires I came to this thread and asked for advice. At the time I had a Baryonyx, Sarco, Dunkleosteus, and Megalodon. All are over level 200 except for the Bary who is at 160. I was told that hypothetically I could take down a mid-level Tuso if nothing went wrong, I.e no other big scary things showed up.

Naturally Ark never goes according to plan so I basically said ‘screw that I need to tame more things.” I figured I’d try to tame a Mosa but the only ones I could find were an Alpha Mosasaur level 50 and a level 20 right next to each other. I looked around more and found tons of Plesiosaurs, some of which were high level so I decided to settle for a plesiosaur. I tamed up a level 150 and she tamed out at 216. Not bad at all. I then decided to use this Plesiosaur, whom I named Emma, to tame up another Plesiosaur whom I named Nessie. All and all this probably took about five or six hours.

I figured this army would be the one to take on a Tuso: two plesiosaurs level 200+, a Megalodon 200+, a Sarco 200+, a Baryonyx 160, and a Dunkleosteus 200+. I’m gonna have to hope that’s enough.

To end off the day I decided to go and try to find a Tuso, not to kill it, just to make sure I could find it. I took out Nessie and traveled to the edge of the map and dove downwards. Have any of you gone to the ocean edge of the center map? Here’s some advice. Don’t. That place is the poop that nightmares are made of. I was frankly terrified and really wanted to make sure that I didn’t get snuck up on. I never did end up reaching the bottom, but I did end up finding a Tuso. It was an Alpha level 55. Needless to say, after already being terrified of my surroundings, once this thing started coming after me I decided: “Nope. Bye.” And booked it the hell out of there.

so here’s my question, since I went back to base before I could find a regular Tuso: A. Do Alpha Tusoteuthis drop regular Tusoteuthis tentacles? And B. If so can the aquatic army described above kill an Alpha Tusoteuthis level 55?

I would make sure you level up and fully heal all of your water dinos before going on the Squid hunt.

Its been a while, but I seem to remember that you actually get more tentacles from an alpha, that you do from a regular squid. But of course they are much more dangerous. so Risk vs. Reward.

So I went on another squid hunt today. I don’t think I’m gonna risk taking on an Alpha Tuso. It took me a solid hour and a half, but I did end up finding a Tuso. The only problem is that it’s right next to a Mosasaur. Both of them are fairly low level: 55 and 60. I think my aquatic army should be fine. I’m strategizing the actual poop out of this. I’m going to ride Nessie in and try to make sure that she is the one that the Tuso grabs. I’ll then hop on Bruce, my Megalodon instead of my other Plesi because the turning radius is more manageable for the plesi AI than it is for a player riding it, which is not the case for the Megalodon. I’ll also be bringing a couple hundred stone arrows and three crossbows in case I want to sacrifice my own safety for some extra damage during the fight.

I also may be live-streaming it but that’s tbd.

Edited by prodigy1202
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Today started as a gathering day in preperation for the move. We want to prebuild a 10x10 building as well as a moderate sized pen before we make the move. My wife farmed stone/sand while i got wood and thatch. While gathering we spotted a lvl 30 morellatops stuck on some rocks so I decided to tame it for water storage/cactus sap gathering. For only a lvl 30 it had over 500 weight after being tamed which I was impressed with.

After clearing out all the trees near our base we decide to take a trip with the ankys to the nearby mountain to gather metal to make the ascendent sickle since we needed fiber for adobe as well. We came back with just enough metal for it so we throw it in the forges.

While waiting for the metal to smelt we went on hunt to find a high lvl wolf, sabre or carno to pair with the ones we had. We ended up finding something much better, a 195 Female Albino megatherium :D So i pop a tranq in it to agro it and start kiting it to our taming pen while my wife runs ahead to kill any bugs in the path. I get it almost to the pen and a jug bug appears out of nowhere and the megasloth goes beserk, so we fall back till it calms down and It wipes out all dinos that were around, pigs, wolves, ankys and doeds and even a parcer before it calmed down. 

We finally get it in the pen and after what seemed like forever had it tranqed. At this point we were short on time so I hoped over to this island as it was starving and slaughtered one of our sheep for mutton and I made the saddle. She stood up with just shy of 8k hp and a hair over 1200 weight. And now we dont have to make that sickle, lol

Plans for this week are to continue gathering for the move and find a mate for the megasloth so we can breed super sloths. We wont be playing this weekend as its my 5 year wedding anniversy so we are driving up to Bar Harbor, ME for the weekend, so we need to get as much done as we can before Friday

Congrats on the Sloth! It will be a big help with cactus gathering for adobe.

Congrats on your 5th as well! Bring your shorts, should be hot this weekend

2 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

So I went on another squid hunt today. I don’t think I’m gonna risk taking on an Alpha Tuso. It took me a solid hour and a half, but I did end up finding a Tuso. The only problem is that it’s right next to a Mosasaur. Both of them are fairly low level: 55 and 60. I think my aquatic army should be fine. I’m strategizing the actual poop out of this. I’m going to ride Nessie in and try to make sure that she is the one that the Tuso grabs. I’ll then hop on Bruce, my Megalodon instead of my other Plesi because the turning radius is more manageable for the plesi AI than it is for a player riding it, which is not the case for the Megalodon. I’ll also be bringing a couple hundred stone arrows and three crossbows in case I want to sacrifice my own safety for some extra damage during the fight.

I also may be live-streaming it but that’s tbd.

Good luck .... IF you have the time, I would suggest taming a few extra sharks prior to going after the Squid.  Let them go in first to get grabbed by the squid, while your heavy hitters beat the snot out of it.

Not much really happened tonight other than a mass gathering of resources and crafting of stone structures in preparation for another crazy build which is sure to get out of hand. As I am still undecided what to do about my breeding barn conundrum, I decided instead to start off building my dock area. Built out the pier to a reasonable length, might make it longer at some point but it will depend on the next stage of the build. The rafts at least are now docked nicely instead of being moored randomly just off shore.

Then started off the outer dock yard wall. I plan to have outer wall circle off the cove around the peir, with a behomoth gateway at the entrance of the docks to allow access for rafts and water dinos, might even have a few lighthouse type towers at either end just to add to the aesthetics of the structure. It was at this point that I remebered why I hate builds like this. Trying to snap pillars off ceilings too close to each other is challenging and infuriating with the way the build system snaps thing. Got the initial foundation down and started off the pillar walls out to the first drop off shelf. Didnt fancy starting the deep water diving required for the next section of the wall tonight as I have yet to unlock scuba gear so its going to be free diving until I get a hold of some.

• Like 1

Oof, so tonight I went off on one more scouting mission to make sure I could find that Tusoteuthis that I had found earlier. If I was able to find it I would get my aquatic squad amen go after it. That’s just not what ended up happening...

it seems like every time I gonna scouting for Tusoteuthis i find a DIFFERENT tuso. The first time I found the alpha, then I found the good level 55 that I’d be  willing to kill, but tonight I found a level 150 which is great if I’m able to find it again I’ll go tame it, but that sucks because there’s non wagbin hell I’m gonna try and kill that thing. Does anybody here have a good strategy for trying to find Tusoteuthis? It’s become a bit of a struggle...

Edited by prodigy1202

well my tribe mate had same giga eggs out. i went to look see if i cant find a good wyvern egg (white fire would of been nice) in the med of the scar a poison wyvern was after me and i was disconnected :(. so i got back had a  group was after my wyvern by then (i really did think i was gona loss my lighting wyvern) saved her just in time she had about 100 hp lol. got home and the giga eggs r gone :(. but at lest i saved my wyvern lol.

Edited by Krisnda

17 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Congrats on the Sloth! It will be a big help with cactus gathering for adobe.

Congrats on your 5th as well! Bring your shorts, should be hot this weekend

Thank you, I've always loved the mega sloths, surprised I waited this long to tame one this go around. If I can find a mate I'm going to make a sloth army, lol. They will for sure come in handy on the new base, we decided we are going to make some type of pyramid, with crops along the outside as well as plant x and turrets for wild wyvren defense. Never did a pyramid so it will be interesting and fun

The heat here has been horrible, I think we are going to spend a decent amount of time in the pool. Would hit the beach but the ocean temps are still ice cold around here till about mid August.

Today we started with some gathering for the new base then we started laying down foundations. Initially its just going to be a 10x10x2 square box just to get moved in, but we will soon change it into a pyramid. Ended up being short on foundations (favorite s+ feature) because I had to stack some due to uneven terrain but we also got the walls up. Ended up building below a cliff, the base is only in 40% wind but on to of the cliff is 85% so I plan on putting a wind generator in both zones.

Tomorrow we plan on finishing the structure and maybe getting started on a pen, but we probably wont have time to actually move in until after we get back from vacation. At this point Im probably going to borrow an argent from our Island server to help with the move then bring it back after the move

• Like 3

Had a few extra hours to play this morning so we got a lot done. Started out logging in and finding 3 stuck dinos to tame, a 157 kanga, 197 anklo and 147 parasaur all caught up on some of our dinos. So we carefully tranqed and tamed them all :D

Next we did some gathering and finished building what was needed to get our new base move in ready as well as enough stuff for a decent fence. Hopped on the kanga and megatherium and went down and placed everything.

Next we hopped over to the island and finnaly gathered enough mats to make a tek transmitter and placed it dead center on top of our base and it actually looks pretty cool. Then we transfered over a couple of argies to SE to assist in the move. My plan is to only use them to carry the slow gathering dinos and not to haul any mats themselves, and then bring the argents back to the island.

And that wraps it up. We plan on getting all our dinos and stuff moved in before we go out of town Friday. Then next week we start building the pyramid :) We also need to build a wall on the cliff above us to keep wild dinos from falling into our base

• Like 2

I wanted to try getting impregnated by a reaper queen for the first time so I took my rock drake, a glow pet, a shield, and what I thought were 2 sets of hazard suits. I started going to the element zone, got lost and since I popped out where the rock drake nests were, I figured, hell why not just try to get a high level rock drake egg and get out of here for now. 

Now I'll just say this but my rock drake isnt that amazing, he's at 13k HP and 400 Dmg with decent stam. I look around for the eggs and after killing countless drakes after stealing the low level eggs and eating them, I get a 160 one. At this point I'm at like 4k HP with about 20% of my hazard suit remaining. I figured hell, I'll take that one and get out of here for now, wont even have to change suits. Now I'm sure you all know how sloooow stamina recoveres when youre injured, and I got to know it again today. I make my way towards blue zone slowly, all the while aggroing more rock drakes every time I regen stamina out of stealth, which took a lot longer than I expected it to. Finally towards the end of the element zone, I notice my suit is just about to break so I wanted to change it. Thats when I noticed I didn't have another chestpiece, must have not had enough polymer to craft one and never noticed. Right there, my suit breaks and I make a run for the blue zone. Sadly I dont make it so I die there and then, with my only other tame on the server being a megalo parked in a starting zone and no spare suit ready-made.

Gotta say I'm not touching aberration again for a bit and rather continue playing on the center to work on my kibble farm.

• Sad 1

Today was moving day, started by taking several trips with the argys to carry all of our doeds, ankys, horses (btw, tamed a 180 horse yesterday) and thorny dragons to the new base. Then we loaded up our pack mules with stuff and made a wagon train run. Me on a Parcer in the front, my wife on a mega sloth taking up the rear and a carno and sabre in the middle as protection. It went fairly uneventful, had to stop a few times to remove rocks and trees, and regroup a few times after fighting random raptors and terror birds, but we made it all in one piece. 

y4m02Jv0uJbttuZSCnA1WQtALb-WZWUMZT-_p7Xd

After that we were running short on time so we used the argys to make a few more trips to bring back stuff and any small/shoulder dinos. We probably have another 3 or 4 vultures left and maybe 1 more trip worth of stuff to grab but id say we are 95% moved.

I only have about 2 or 3 hours time left to play before we go on vacation so my plan is to finish moving and hopefully get water run up to the base and  a few crops going and if theres time start building up the pyramid.

Heres our base and pen now. The building now is the base of the pyramid. Up on that cliff is 85% wind so we will place a turbine up there and it will also be walled off to keep dinos from falling in. Pen will be expanded as we get more dinos

y4mRvGnHU-wOTV_zhH9KKNpzCwOqezu01yLo2_lk

You can see here where the water is and how far we have to run the plumbing. Ill probably use stone now for the sake of time/resources and eventually upgrade it to metal

y4mDQNjlByPCLz8wblO5ORB_DNYMDiADtp2SBe0-

• Like 3

Scorched Earth, modded single-player: Success, success, success!!

So, it’s been quiet recently...still neither hide nor scale of another Tek Rex, but I added a female eagle so I have a pair, and a second female sabertooth that I didn’t necessarily need...but she was right there.

And I’ve been raising my pair of breeding wyverns. Given the choice of starting a fresh line on Scorched Earth or unraveling the mystery of how uploads are done on Aberration I judged it was easier to start a new line with the S+ mutator. I’m up to five fire wyvern eggs to hatch, too, but I have yet to put them down.

But the big news is, I bred my pair of dimorphodons, a white and black bird respectively, and got four eggs...resolved to carry on with my months’ long project on Aberration looking for color mutations.

And on the first egg I hatched on Scorched Earth, I finally succeeded! I have a lovely white dimorphodon...with bright yellow wings. I’ve named her Miracle, lol...and I’m simply delighted.

Next Up: Still hunting that Tek Rex...and a female thylacoleo. Raising my wyverns and Miracle and her three clutch-mates, and continuing to stock my fire wyvern eggs. I seem to have a good group of base fire wyverns in the World Scar right now, so here’s hoping for a healthy stockpile.

• Like 1