So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Flying around last night, I found my Pink and Red Dimorph that had disappeared the day before. I was very happy by this find. (Still haven't found the missing Pelagornis however)

Well fast forward a few hours, and I travel into the Wyvern cave on Rag, and long story short, I died, and so did my Dimorph. My Wyvern by the grace of GWAR survived!  I was able to collect a few eggs, but only 2 above 100.  I think I will try the Rag scar today, and hope for better luck.

I also watched the NHL draft last night, and was shocked and dismayed by the selection my Minnesota Wild made.  booooooooooooooo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Productive day on SE today. Base is now 3x3, we have a forge, smithy, and s+ crafting station. We also have a metal pic, hatchet and crossbow now. We tamed a low lvl anky and low level doed then spent the rest of our time gathering hide for saddles. A lot of jerboas died in the process :( We started working on a small 5x5 pen before having to log.

No real misadventures today, ended up getting a jm scuba mask from a dig site, useless here but will be nice back on the island. We did run into a well hidden rock golem which scared the crap out of us. We were chasing a parasaur around some rock and boom there it was. Guess we didnt need that parasaur hide that bad, lol

If I get time to play tomorrow (we have family visiting)  we plan on making a bunch of tranq arrows and doing a bunch of taming after we make a taming pen. We will of course continue to expand the base, but not by a huge ammount. Once we get a good combat mount we plan on moving closer to the red obelisk and build a big base there

• Like 3

Not much to say about today. Finished building the outer perimeter wall of my base. Caved in and ended up just uaing behomoth gateways to do it.

Finally tonight, ended up taming a level 85 ichyornis that was hanging around my base. Means taming up barrys, spinos and otters going to be so much easier now I can use a bird to fiah.

• Like 3

Scorched Earth, modded single-player  - Well, Those were Unexpected...

So, construction is still underway on my Sanctuary, but I had a few additions and two unexpected surprises during my breaks between building and farming.

I added a thylacoleo that spawned out near my oil pumps, an acid whelp and a gas whelp. 

But on one of my teleports out to the oil pumps to collect, I had a brief “Oh ****,” moment as I found myself assaulted by a rex that spawned right there. I bolted skyward with my eagle and scoped my assailent to find that I’d actually been delivered a present: a 116 albino rex.

I’ve had a soft spot for albino rexes since way back at the beginning of my Ark life. One of my earliest rex tames was a beautiful albino with a black stripe. I named him Spectre, and he guarded the birds when I went to the beach north of Grand Peak to hunt for dimorphodons.

So, I perched on a rock outside of munching range, knocked him out and bagged him, and named him Quartz for his mostly white body with mottled brown and red highlights.

I dropped him off at my unfinished Sanctuary and headed back to the oil pumps where I realized he was an event rex...by spying a level 12 tek rex, right as it got eaten by a thylacoleo. I was unaware the event was working in single player without adding the command prompt...but I now have a mission to find a good tek rex before the event ends.

My next surprise came when I decided to go for my first World Scar run...and a discovery about Dragons and Enhanced Creatures...namely that the mod’s dragons and wyverns also use the Scar alcoves. Which is both very cool and incredibly inconvenient when I’m looking very specifically for base Ark fire wyvern eggs.

My initial pass netted me a 148 modded fire wyvern egg...but the real prize was a 152 base fire wyvern egg that I’m quite excited about. Both were delivered safely to one of the refrigerators to await hatching when my Sanctuary is complete.

Next Up: Continued work on the Sanctuary, tearing apart the map hunting for a high level tek rex, and more heart-pounding World Scar runs looking for my very specific base fire wyvern eggs.

• Like 3

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, LadyCrescent said:

Scorched Earth, modded single-player  - Well, Those were Unexpected...

So, construction is still underway on my Sanctuary, but I had a few additions and two unexpected surprises during my breaks between building and farming.

I added a thylacoleo that spawned out near my oil pumps, an acid whelp and a gas whelp. 

But on one of my teleports out to the oil pumps to collect, I had a brief “Oh ****,” moment as I found myself assaulted by a rex that spawned right there. I bolted skyward with my eagle and scoped my assailent to find that I’d actually been delivered a present: a 116 albino rex.

I’ve had a soft spot for albino rexes since way back at the beginning of my Ark life. One of my earliest rex tames was a beautiful albino with a black stripe. I named him Spectre, and he guarded the birds when I went to the beach north of Grand Peak to hunt for dimorphodons.

So, I perched on a rock outside of munching range, knocked him out and bagged him, and named him Quartz for his mostly white body with mottled brown and red highlights.

I dropped him off at my unfinished Sanctuary and headed back to the oil pumps where I realized he was an event rex...by spying a level 12 tek rex, right as it got eaten by a thylacoleo. I was unaware the event was working in single player without adding the command prompt...but I now have a mission to find a good tek rex before the event ends.

My next surprise came when I decided to go for my first World Scar run...and a discovery about Dragons and Enhanced Creatures...namely that the mod’s dragons and wyverns also use the Scar alcoves. Which is both very cool and incredibly inconvenient when I’m looking very specifically for base Ark fire wyvern eggs.

My initial pass netted me a 148 modded fire wyvern egg...but the real prize was a 152 base fire wyvern egg that I’m quite excited about. Both were delivered safely to one of the refrigerators to await hatching when my Sanctuary is complete.

Next Up: Continued work on the Sanctuary, tearing apart the map hunting for a high level tek rex, and more heart-pounding World Scar runs looking for my very specific base fire wyvern eggs.

Tek Rex’s are here to stay, and more Tek dino varients will be added in the coming months before Extinction launches.

We didnt get to play yesterday but we did get an hour or so this morning. Started out making some tranq arrows then tranqed a 120 anky and 112 doed because the ones we tamed on Saturday were just too low a lvl for my liking. We threw mejos in them and continued hunting for more hide for saddles but for what ever reason the area was almost void of life. It was kind of erie. We were getting short on time so we switched gears to finish the small dino pen. Got it 1 wall high before logging off.

The anky and doed shold be tamed by the time we get back on. Our plans are to continue gathering hide for the saddles and then build a small taming pen. We also want to get a combat dino soon, I think we are going try for carnos, just because we havent used them much in our years of playing ark.

I probably should make my way to red obelisk or a beacon sometime in the next day or so so we can feed our island and aberration dinos and check on generators. We haven't been back since Friday

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

PS4 - Single Player & Private Server - Ragnarok (max level = 150)

You ever have one of those times, when you put in a ton of hours, but really don't have much to show for it? That describes my weekend in ARK.  I probably put in 20 hours over the weekend, yet not too many memories come jumping back to me, as I try to write this.

Fresh Tames:

145 Black w/ white stripe female Rex

145 Cyan, Pink and Yellow event male Rex

a pair of Parasaurs (for kibble, as I had a baby Allo request it ... so I'll be ready next time)

a pair of Dimetrodons (for kibble, as I had a different baby Allo request it ... so I'll be ready next time)

150 Daedon  (couldn't pass up this female)

135, 145, and some lover level Dimorphs (kept trying to find a high level and kept getting females, plus knocked out their low level mates that were attacking me.)

135 male, 145 female Therozinos (I was looking for a male mate to my female 140, and I found the female 145 paired with the male 135.) Now I remember where all my time went ... taming up these two Tickle Chickens and using a truckload of narcotics!) But it was worth it, they are both beasts.

Breeding/Hatches:

I dropped 5 Allo eggs I had in my fridge for a long time. All hatched between 204-223. I managed to get them all between 56-71% imprinted. Missed a few because of missing kibble, and just lost track of time on the others.  Took them out for leveling up later, and they shredded even a 145 Rex and 145 bronto .... that bleed effect!

bred and raised a 227 Sloth baby ... got him to 90+ imprinted.

hatched a handful of wyvern eggs I collected from my private server, hoping some of them were event colors. Got no special colored ones, so killed most of them, and kept 3 to use as disposable taxis. I raised them with Daedon...so only used 2 milk each. I did hatch a very low level 20 Ice Wyvern, but it came out all white, which I really wanted. I raised that one, and got 80+ imprint on it. It is a beauty, and I named it Snow White.

I also collected 200-300 bones for the event, but never did get anything but bones. I keep seeing people talking about getting extra things with the bones, but no luck for me.

I crafted up a couple Wyvern skeleton skins, and made one red and one Green, and put them on a Fire and Poison wyvern respectively. Look pretty cool. Too bad the black doesnt work ... that would be badass.

So I found a beacon with a MC Allo saddle BP.  So I spent the rest of my time grinding out the resources to craft up 18 of those, as I will be doing a boss fight with my allos soon (plus a pig and yuty)  Lots of resources needed, and I specifically tamed some Therizinos to help with the fiber collection, and it turns out they don't collect fiber. So had to use my Sloths which did pretty good.

I FINALLY got a Rex BP in a drop. It is a ASC BP, but the resources needed are nearly not worth the effort.  I will need to spent a ton of time grinding the resources needed to make 16-18 of those saddles for my battle Rex army.

Couple of sad notes .... while out meet gathering meat, I accidently killed a 150 Polar dire bear, that was hidden from view behind the Mammoth I was killing with my Fire Wyvern.  I have been searching for weeks for a high level polar bear, and when I finally come across one, I kill it before I even knew it was there! :Jerbcry:

I also tamed on the private server, and beautiful red and white Allo .... well I should say I KO'd it, but while checking on it, a pack of Sabertooths came raining down on me from the cliff above, and as they attacked me, they killed not only me, and the Allo and my jerboa. But my Argy got revenge, by killing them all.

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

@Aushegun the tickle chickens do harvest fiber, not sure the button on console but its right click on pc. Same button that allows ankys to harvest berries

Hmmm I thought I tried every button option this weekend, and he never collected anything from bushes/plants.  Maybe I missed a button option .... I will try again, thanks!

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Hmmm I thought I tried every button option this weekend, and he never collected anything from bushes/plants.  Maybe I missed a button option .... I will try again, thanks!

They have 3 different attacks that can harvest different things. Probably your right stick for fiber as it is on Xbox.

This weekend was a productive one for me. Initially my "plan" was to raise some Rexs to fill the ranks of my army i lost to the dragon boss.

I started off by popping 6 Rex eggs, i got 2 sets of twins. All rexs have 13.5khp and 500 dam. I then decided i need so new barys so i popped 2 eggs and got 2 more sets of twins.

After they were done i breed 6 ravagers, did some trophy hunting for alpha monkey. And ground out the materials for 9 asc rex saddles.

To finish my weekend i figured i would try a Alpha monkey kill, since my current rex army can down beta spider i thought it was a easy kill.

Turns out i forgot to get the megalania posion. I could not find one of these bastards to save my life. 

• Like 2

My brothers have really gotten into State of Decay 2, so I played primarily solo this weekend. Will probably join them soon.

Hunted for Tek Rex's, couldn't find any over 135, so abandoned the search. B logged in for an hour or so, tamed a Jerboa and was killed right after by a 145 Mantis. Flew over to try and help, but his Jerboa was already dead. So I watched him try and kill that Mantis for half an hour, screaming"Revenge!" 

He finally gave up, and I gave him a ride to the FOB he's been working on in the desert. I flew back, fed everyone and logged. 

• Like 2

Big weekend for our tribe, our alphas got hit by 2 titans! at the same time, they battle logged ( ORP server) but still ended up losing 75% of their base.
We know this was coming so for a while so we decided to relocate our base and tames to avoid getting hit ourselves, (We live on the center) currently were in the process of moving all of our gear and blocking up our new base location (floating island!) we have completely blocked one entry to the floating island, the huge entry to the lake in the middle of floating island on the east side of the island, we just plugged that up with  3200+ pillars from top to bottom with a metal behe gate at the bottom, the highest pillar wall in the line is over 80 pillars!, i was concerned about the build limit as we have  40+ lines of said pillar walls.. i calculated , that's not including supporting ceilings we needed to use. all up the wall is around 4000 pieces.  still a fair bit under build limit but for one wall.... we call that our big d wall. 
this was a strategic move, we know were next in line for the titans as we are now the alpha tribe after the weekends ordeal. 
But now we own the floating island, turret towers at every entry and one of these walls to be installed behind each turret tower in the future, we have already blocked down every drop location we have found on the floating island. now there is no way we can get a visit from a titan! 
Tonight since the 3x is finished and breeding onslaught finally eases we have around 100 dinos left at our old base to transfer over. Hopefully we can withstand any heat coming from the other clustered servers and take control of one of the most epic building locations on the center.... the center. 
We are on a Official ORP cluster witch hosts all the maps, the guys with the titans are the aberration alphas, their main weapon of choice is reapers. lucky for us we have just trapped a 150 reaper over the weekend and have two 225 reapers growing, plus a butt load of gigas waiting for there arrival. for the time being, the floating island move was the best choice we made and now have the 100 turret cap in pretty much every corner of the inner island, we have our own private lake which is great for the dimetrodons and whats better is the beaver dams are still spawning. 
If anyone ever thinks about taking the floating island, and it's viable for them to do so, i suggest you do, i believe this is the best location we have built at so far and iv had 3k+ hours in the center, close to everything, above most of the map, isolated. perfect!

• Like 2

Couple of projects busy with at the moment. Did all land caves on Island ( except Ice cave ) solo. All went well except for Nr. 3. Can't get past the long underwater section there. The piranas and crocks keeps destroying me. Even did swamp without issues , but that nr. 3 oh boy.

In my tribe on a friends unofficial ragnarok server we started a new base with new characters. Actually fun to start over from fresh.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Ok ...  you should find Megalanias in the Lave cave in the South Easter Shores, above 1/4 up from the SE corner. 

I did a little searching and it turns out that people say to use rare flowers in the caves and the little bastards just come out of the walls in flocks. And they did!!! Scored a bunch of the toxin in 1 run.

• Like 1

Last night I went against my plan of bringing anything from the island to SE and brought over hide. We spent so much time grinding hide for rex saddles and was already getting sick of grinding for hide for saddles by hand on SE so I brought us enough to tie us over till we get a good combat dino.

We expanded the base this morning to 3x4x1 and plan on making it 2 high. I think that will be our stopping point on this base and should hold us over untill we move closer to red obi.

Next we built a small 2x5 taming pen. While we were building it I spotted a lone 135 raptor in the distance, but rather then risk getting pounced kiting it to the pen we bolaed it and tranqed it, then I threw a tent over it while we looked for meat.

Tamed her up and named her Blue and got her back to base. We plan on lvling her in hp and speed so we can use her to kite dinos to the taming pen.

Next we tamed 2 or 3 spare jerboas before logging out.

Our next task is finishing the base, then getting a mate for blue. A high lvl thorny dragon is our next utility tame, getting wood by hand sucks when its so spread out. We also want to find a few carnos or megasloths to tame as our primary combat mounts. I think we are going to try and avoid flyers as much as possible and use kangas as fast pack mules. We do plan on eventually taming wyvrens but will be bringing them to the island

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, d1nk said:

LT for fiber, right stick for berries / hide and RT for meat / wood :P 

21 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

@Aushegun the tickle chickens do harvest fiber, not sure the button on console but its right click on pc. Same button that allows ankys to harvest berries

Got it to work, not sure why I couldn't before.

Thanks

(I had typed up a whole report on my 5 hours of play from last night, but when I hit submit reply, it just vanished! :Jerbmad:

Aberration

Did many things in the Last Week

The Boat was finished and directly tested at a Level 5 Crab. Tamed the crab without Problems. It was Level 6 after taming ;).

Tamed a few Stegosaurus cause they fell in my Base. Tried to tame a Paracer which fell in my base too. My kid blocked him with a spino between the Spino and the Crabs. But after 10 Shots he disappeared. Never saw that happen.

I like to have Equus so i set up a medium Crop Plot with Carrots. The next Day on the way to Metal i saw a Level 10 Equus. Almost white. Glowing like hell. So i jumped back to base, grab the carrot and jumped back. Never tamed an Equus on official Server on 1x. Feels like Forever. But i tamed the little Jumper nicely with 99,9 efficiency. After i came back from equus bringing to his new home i didnt make it to the Metal Spot. This time a bright White Level 90 Equus of the opposite Sex was waiting for me. Same procedure, jumping back to base and grab all the Carrots. This time taming really feels like forever. About 25 Minutes or so. Luckily i had my crab on follow. At 51% taming the Equus got stuck on one of the Crabs legs. He couldnt move anymore, only circling. This made the last 49% taming easy cause the spot was save from aggressive dinos. Brought him back. The Equus got nice places next to my Stegos. Finally i had more storage capacity to store chitin and stone. Faster Cementing Paste making as with Mortar ´n Pestle. Go again on the Taming boat and found a Level 90 Male Spino. Tamed him with Mutton. Now i have a better breedable pair. None of them has Melee higher then 250%. But it is something to start with. First i paired my Level 150 female Spino with the Level 50 male Spino. These 2 Eggs i breed at Weekend.

The 3x Weekend

Weekend was crazy. Whenever i could i go Metal farming, still living on the green Biome and have not much Metal. But Prime Target was taming and breeding. I used the Boat and tamed 3 Crabs. Tamed whatever came along the way. So a Level 35,45 and 55 crab i tamed. One of them i will transfer to Ragnarok. Rest is for Decoration of the Base. They will all get only Points in Weight. At the River i live i tamed 5 Carbonemys. Need the Carbo Eggs for Kibble. Now i got 5 female and 2 male Carbos. But they dont lay many eggs. So i will tame more Carbos in Future. I tried to tame a 150 Spino but a Crab got behind me and take me with her Claw from my Boat. Smashed me hard to Death. Tried to Tame a White Level 10 Crab, a Sarco followed the Crab into the Taming cage and killed the Crab. I tamed the damn Sarco then. Level 80 Sarco male, so no use for me at the Moment. I found a Brown Equus with black stripes, Level 20.After it another White Equus Level 30. With the 4 Equus i started breeding. Level 90 Male and the 3 low level female. All 3 Babys are white with Black Stripes. But they look really nice. Next day i found the Next brown Equus and another White. One time i saw a red Equus, but it was to close to the Path from green to blue Biome. Everywhere aggressive Dinos. I Hope i found him on another Place again.

The Player i traded with a few times offered me a Level 90 Rock Drake for 5k Crystal. My Kid helped me. Both of us took a Crab and we carried the Ankylo. It was 1 or 2 Hours on 3x to get the Crystal. Finally i have something to get more Rock Drake Eggs. Built 2 Hazard Suits. Hoping to get some Eggs on next Weekend. But first i must build a Breed Chamber.

Then i started Breeding the 2 Spino Eggs i got from the Low level Male and Medium female. The First Egg was a green Level 95 male ( both Parents are green). Nothing Special. He will stay in base forever i think. But the next Spino baby shocked me. He is completely Magenta. 2nd Egg and i got a Color Mutation :D

I thought i could handle more breeding, so i paired the Doedi i tamed with Level 135 and the doedi which was 20. A nice white Level 60 Doedi came along. Then i breed 6 Feathelight Eggs. These Eggs are from the pair i bought on Ragnarok. From the 6 Eggs i got 7 Featherlight. The Lowest was Level 205. Except one they look all like their Parents. Purple or Red. Only One got nice Orange Feathers. I take him and make another few Eggs with him. 2 Lystro females fell from above in my base. So i tamed them. Free Lystro Eggs. At looking for more Crabs i saw a Level 90 Bear. Lured him to the Boat, drive back to base and get the flintlock. Every time i use Xbow a Dire Bear dies. Till now it is the only Dino/Pet i tame with the gun on Aberration. For all Other i use my green 140% Xbow. Tamed him with Mutton. He gets more Berrys then my Stegos, so i will use him in Future for Berry Gathering. The Bear looks Nice with Glowing Red Stripes. A few hours later i found on the Same spot a Level 40 female Dire Bear with white stripes. Lured and tamed her too. I Dont think i will breed them, but they look so nice together. On Sunday it was chaotic in my base. I crafted 10 more Troughs and placed them in the Middle of my base. Then organized all Dinos. On 1 Side alle Spinos. On the Other Side all Turtles, the diplodocus and all 5 Crabs. Now there is a path again to my House. Farmed more metal and built a Industrial Forge. Still thinking about where to place the Forge. I leveld up to 82 and could finally build the chemistry Bench. Expanded my building on 1 side for 1 length and 3 wide. There i placed the Chemistry Bench and a Vault. Vault building is really easyon Aberration. 1 Crab and a Metal Axe and u get 150 organic Poly. If u use the Chanisaw you get more. Used the Bench and crafted more Narcotic and Cementing Paste. I Could make an fert. Egg with the full grown Magenta Spino called Pinky and the highest male i got. Breed him directly. But a full green Level 106 Spino was the Baby. Another Spino which will stay in Base.

3x Weekend was a full success for me, got a nice color mutation and all the things to go down in the radiation zone. Now i will be a bit slower and built a place for the Forge and a big breeding house with at least 1 Behemoth Door for breeding Spinos.

PS_Messages_20180627_003403.jpg

PS_Messages_20180620_050941_20180627003518179.jpg

• Like 4