So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Another productive and fun weekend in ark. 

Was off this particular Saturday so got to hatching right off the bat. I popped several but not all Quetz and Yuty eggs but nothing with what I was seeking. The main crux was replacing parts of the Theri Army and I had tons of good luck. 10 babies with the full 9.2k hp, 419.8 melee we are working with and an 11th baby that missed on the melee but gave us a new hp at 9.5k. 

PS_Messages_20180621_092912.thumb.jpg.96659bfc8d9121e35175f48bd5c772f1.jpg

They were at 99% this morning before work so will finish up while I am here. 

I also hatched 2 Rex's to replace the 14k 461's loss a few fights ago. These are only 13.6k hp but do have 472 melee. I also bred them with my clean females and pulled the 2226 stamina (main male only has 1800) and the 940 weight. 

I did some small side hatches as well during the weekend. I finally hatched a male Carno with the 4200 hp, 1620 stamina, and 384 melee. I raised him with 100% imprint and then bred him with the 3 females I had. Out of those eggs one popped with triplets. 2 males and a female, all stats. 

I will give the extra male to my one ally so he can breed with his females for his own mating pair as well as give him and the rest of my allies 100% eggs. I'll hold the other pair as back ups to a potential disaster cave run. 

I also was able to combine my 800 weight female Argy with the 1400 stamina male Argy. Once that was finished I bred that male with my top hp of 4088 which is on a female and that Argy is a male and raising right now. The next part will be a bit trickier since the high melee is also on a male so I need to transfer one of these stats over to a female. Once that is done and combined I will hatch the variety of mutes I have been accruing and breed the stats in, get mating pairs, and put them on the market all the while I still got my completely clean sets including the clean 800 weight male to mutate and add in the weight to the mutant line.

To make stat transfer easier I may breed a clean male with all the stats. My flier barn is going to get filled up fast with that route and so I took the next step towards turning that barn tek and added two tek generators, 4 tek troughs and 4 tek lights. I also replaced several of the behemoth's with tek behemoth's. I will tear down the other normal behemoth's and just make them solid walls as I discovered I don't use them and putting tek behemoth's there would be a waste of resources.

We also had the start of the Arkeology event and my alliance all agreed that for tek rex's we will be acting as one tribe. Sharing stats, helping tame, breeding amongst each other, and finally raising as a group. We want to get the top tek rex's if we can and while fortune has been favorable in some aspects it hasn't blown us away yet. We have farmed rex spawns quite well and produced a lot of tek rex's including several high level. We are taming them all, retamed scorpions to be sure we will have kibble, if they are 150 or higher. However even with good pre-tame stats and extra levels we aren't seeing anything that has blown us away. As a group I believe our top stats currently sit at 9680 hp, 2268 stamina, 990 weight, and 384 melee. We've seen 11k on a tek rex and a 387 melee. We've heard of 13.6k but no pictures and another guy tried to fake everybody with a 525 melee tame but it was on an unleveled 270 tek rex (max level of a 180 would be 268) so that must of been an unofficial server. Still we have tamed many and some people have seen none. I believe our current count is 8 156+ tek rex's tamed. No 180's yet but several 174's. 

I also broke off to keep from farming the area's too hum drum and tamed up a few Yuty's. Nothing new to add in though so they got the lightning. 

My tribe mate has either lost interest or has some personal stuff going on so he's been off for a bit. So we ran a double fight and I introduced the new Yuty and rode it and whistle commanded my Theri's and Rex's. Both fights went actually real smooth too. The new meta is to leave one tank Rex at our spawn in point on passive and we all just drag the Golem's back to it. Think it lost 18k hp at most. I drug around 3 Theri's and a Rex (to keep dimorph's off of me) and we had much success. 

We also ran back to back monkey fights on the island. I noticed that our tek gen's were quite low so checked artifacts and trophies. We farmed up a few spino sails and those fights went well too. I brought over the old Yuty from rag to replace the one loss in dragon. 220 element should keep our gens fed for a bit now. 

I expect with most of us finishing up the Theri raises we will be attempting beta dragon again soon. The Theri's will have a great deal more veggie cakes in them this time as I think that was the biggest difference. That and the Yuty. I plan on riding the Yuty in this next fight. There will also be a more even split of Theri's as I am leaving at least 3 additional on Rag instead of supplying 11 like last time. 

I do believe we will have success this next time with ground shooters, one Rex protector, one Theri rider controlling all, and the Yuty buff. 

Also on the taming front I spied a 135 event wolf while in the desert. My one alliance member has a nice wolf line going so I knocked out the wolf and showed him the colors and stats and asked if he wanted it tamed. He said yea. 

PS_Messages_20180621_093002.thumb.jpg.93832ef6356ee6bdf331219a9dec29c1.jpg

The color is gorgeous in my opinion and it actually tamed out well in the hp department with 3102 (he has slightly higher though). I asked him to get me a wolf with that color and his stats and I can use it in a few cave runs on the island. 

Finally yesterday my last day in between clearing the Rex spawns I started to rebuild the redwood base.I placed a teleporter pad over there as flying the laggy distance is the biggest reason it gets neglected and I have turned it into my farming base. This base was my tribe mates when he merged and it's a very nice build. With the update to greenhouse, a big part of the design, going to a 15 day timer I recrafted and placed the window's. This base is also very close to the beaver dams in redwoods so I took over the utility dino's I will need there, mostly. I placed an elevated portion inside to open up the ground floor from dino's clogging it up. I took a bear, my go to animal to raid beaver dams as you stand on his back when dismounted and can take all then just ride a bit and drop the wood, a mammoth, a weight Argy, a tape, a delicate and power Theri, a vulture for microraptor's and Purlovia dismounts and over there already is a doedic, a mantis, a beaver, an anky, a couple Thyla's for quick meat gathering and taming. I will need to build a small add on to the roof to get up there easier or build a different area to house a weight Wyvern for easy charcoal gathering that close to the trees. 

I did keep a few farmers at the main base and the desert base as well but the redwoods has a lot of resources so it makes sense to use it as such. 

This upcoming week I believe we will push hard to do beta dragon and tek cave. 

I hope to see a few more improvements so I can finally feel secure to buy Aberration and continue the story line there. The rest of my allies have it so they have been building up our mega army and trying to get some good level drakes for the Rockwell fight. I'd love to join them in the quest but I'm a stubborn cuss when it comes to my word. 

We'll also keep farming for tek rex's to try and start an amazing line of those. We figure with the amount of people we have we can easily hatch 300 eggs a week amongst all of us to try and get the stat mutes we will be looking for but we want a higher base hp at the least and preferably melee before we start that endeavor. 

Until next week.

• Like 5

After hearing about the new DLC that is supposed to come out November but let's be honest probably more like February sorry WC but you do have a track record.

I decided to dive back into the wonderful world of Ark.

started off by deleting all of my single player save data so I can start fresh except for my level 150 unicorn that I forgot that I left undownloaded in my single-player obelisk. I can definitely use a mobile mortar and pestle. And his stats are pretty great too.

I'm actually going to do it this time. Going to start on the island kill all three bosses then do the tech cave. move on to scorched-earth after that. Do the same there and finish off with aberration. 

Right after the release of aberration  I played on that map a bunch and I had a really nice file going with a rock Drake family and I was really doing well but then I realized that I didn't have access to any of the Tek engrams and instead of just transferring my character over to the island to do that I just kind of got bored and stopped playing.

I do have one question though. Even though I deleted my single player save data it still shows dossiers that I had already received, is that normal? Is there a way to wipe that on single player?(on ps4) I really want to start Absolutely Fresh. ( except for that unicorn which my wife still remembers she pointed out and I didn't believe her I didn't want to go back and check it out, I obviously did "Just humering her" and really didn't help the "wife is always right" stereotype) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phichikapparho said:

After hearing about the new DLC that is supposed to come out November but let's be honest probably more like February sorry WC but you do have a track record.

I decided to dive back into the wonderful world of Ark.

started off by deleting all of my single player save data so I can start fresh except for my level 150 unicorn that I forgot that I left undownloaded in my single-player obelisk. I can definitely use a mobile mortar and pestle. And his stats are pretty great too.

I'm actually going to do it this time. Going to start on the island kill all three bosses then do the tech cave. move on to scorched-earth after that. Do the same there and finish off with aberration. 

Right after the release of aberration  I played on that map a bunch and I had a really nice file going with a rock Drake family and I was really doing well but then I realized that I didn't have access to any of the Tek engrams and instead of just transferring my character over to the island to do that I just kind of got bored and stopped playing.

I do have one question though. Even though I deleted my single player save data it still shows dossiers that I had already received, is that normal? Is there a way to wipe that on single player?(on ps4) I really want to start Absolutely Fresh. ( except for that unicorn which my wife still remembers she pointed out and I didn't believe her I didn't want to go back and check it out, I obviously did "Just humering her" and really didn't help the "wife is always right" stereotype) 

Youd need to go into your data folder (not sure on ps4 but should be similar to xb) and delete all ark data. You will lose all your skins, all ark data, your unicorn and everything to do with ark that is stored client-side

Sad days. Died for the first time on this server tonight, but more on that later.

Not much really happened tonight, just a quick one. Tonights plan was to start the mass harvesting to get the resources and structures together to complete the perimeter wall so I can start building into the lower levels of land around my base. But before that I decided I was fed up with pick collecting thatch so went on the hunt for a megaloceros with my argy. Went straight to the snow area closest to blue obelisk and had a look around. Best I could find was a 100 male so picked it up and took it back to base to tame in the taming raft.

While the deer was taming up I started the mass collection of stone and wood that I would be needing. Once the deer tamed up I collected thatch to my hearts content. Started mass crafting stone walls and crafted up a few stone behemoth gateways. Still cant decide if I want to just sod it and ring the base with the gateways but that usually ends up looking pretty ugly so will probably have a mixture of gates and walls. So for just now just placed down the gateways that I would be needing for access into the base.

Now onto the death, am so gutted was doing so well and was being so careful. Of course in full Ark style it was a full on dashboard. While scouting my perimeter to decide on the area I would be fencing off, I discovered that the water area infront of my base had a small cove that would be perfect for a smallish water pen. While picturing out the area for the pen on my argy I dashboared above the cove and by the time I logged back in I had inevitably drowned. :Jerbcry:

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, KnightRider89 said:

looks sicks

have the same look but the glider just finenesses it

Thank you :) I need to repaint some armor now, thats an older screenshot and Ive got ascendent legs and mc gloves since then

So I ended up adding SE to my cluster :D Im going to head over there with my island toon naked and rough it for a while. Ill still take some time to work on my island base here and there too. I need to remember to feed my dinos and top off generators before we go though, bc it might be a few days before I can get to an obelisk to transfer back, lol

We have a new goal now, tame atleast 1 of every dino before extinction comes out

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was looking forward to picking up and using my only thyla(green mut 233) to help my SE toon. Only got the thyla from the beacon as I didn't know on beacons "Take All" only takes the items the beacons drop apparently. So I had the thyla on follow and neutral as I keep all my land dinos on neutral. Slideshow lag effect starts, get 1 shotted by megatherium, respawn get back to thyla, seconds later a pig(55) kills me, respawn and run back to eyesight of the thyla as it dies not even defending itself. My game day is ruined, I'm pissed, knew this game was gonna f*ck me good somehow. Just yesterday I dc'd 4 times, died 3 of them. Fix this crap. I play games because real life is enough of a kick in the balls, I don't want to play a game that does daily also.

Edited by Thorzuul
  • Sad 1

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Thorzuul said:

Was looking forward to picking up and using my only thyla(green mut 233) to help my SE toon. Only got the thyla from the beacon as I didn't know on beacons "Take All" only takes the items the beacons drop apparently. So I had the thyla on follow and neutral as I keep all my land dinos on neutral. Slideshow lag effect starts, get 1 shotted by megatherium, respawn get back to thyla, seconds later a pig(55) kills me, respawn and run back to eyesight of the thyla as it dies not even defending itself. My game day is ruined, I'm pissed, knew this game was gonna f*ck me good somehow. Just yesterday I dc'd 4 times, died 3 of them. Fix this crap. I play games because real life is enough of a kick in the balls, I don't want to play a game that does daily also.

Take all would only apply to the items the supply drop had spawned, as you needed to access the Ark data tab to transfer your stuff out individually.

Apart from the disconnections, Ark is Ark and anything can happen. If you’re always expecting an easy ride, please evaluate how you play this game.

Let us know the outcome of your story.

Scorched Earth, modded single player - Home is Calling

So, I decided to take a break from my toils trying for mutations on Aberration because I found I was missing the home I’d lived in on Xbox from two days after its release until I made the leap to PC, Scorched Earth...and I decided to start up a game and begin the process of reestablishing a home there. 

Over the last three days...

I learned a lot from my Xbox game, starting with selecting a spawn region that wasn’t awful. My random spawn prior stuck me way out in the desert with extremely limited wood to harvest. This time I spawned in at the edge of the desert just outside of red obelisk, where I have access to all the sand rocks and cactus bushes my heart desires, but also plenty of trees for wood and thatch.

I knocked together a 3x3 thatch hut, punched out the first jerboa I saw, (as everyone knows, beating an innocent animal unconscious and forcing food down its throat is how you make friends), and started putting together a few extra-large storage boxes (amazing mod that has a 200 slot storage box), a few mortars, a forge and a smithy, and set about the arduous task of manufacturing adobe to put together my proper starting Outpost.

I ended up with my usual 6x6 blueprint with a dino gate on the first floor and a floor above that for my crafting benches, bed and enough space for some small pets to collect.

I made the hike from the Outpost out to red obelisk to source silica pearls, crystal, obsidian and metal, and picked up my requisite eagle on the way. It was a bit of an ordeal to get him home, because he couldn’t carry me with my haul of resources, which made for some chaos on the journey back. You see, long before WildCard gave us a creative mode, I had designed my own...inasmuch as I jack up the player carry weight stat to an absurd degree, allowing me to haul huge loads without that annoying encumberance thing. But this also meant a fresh-tame eagle would have been squished flat if I got on him.

I was starting to process out clay, managed to gather enough to make my teleport remote and two pads, and was breaking up the endless farming of adobe pieces by taking my eagle out hunting for the additional roster members I needed to really get things going...namely a pony to help with cactus sap gathering.

Tragedy ensued on the way, as I was picking off the low level ponies waiting for one over level 100, and I accidentally killed a perfect 120 after hours of searching. It was very frustrating. But after another good long while I found a 108 that I scooped up to take back to the Outpost for a safe tame.

I’m...still getting used to the redesign for the eagles...I don’t hate it but they still look very peculiar to me. But I am all for their healing skill and additions to what they can pick up. Being able to bring the pony back behind closed walls for the tame was very nice.

I also ended up picking up a 104 lymantria, and a pair of thorny dragons, and I found a really good lightning drake I just had to have. I had told myself I could have ONE for the Outpost if I found a good one, so I have my dragon to keep me company while I start work on the Sanctuary where I’ll be able to hatch wyverns and hoard additional dragons.

I spawned my dimorphodon starter flock...three girls and three boys, and brought in two more jerboas and two acid whelps that were over level 100. I am endeavoring to exercise some manner of self control and hold whelps to the standard of all other species, and to that end have passed up three sub par whelps...and I frankly deserve a medal, because saying no to a tiny dragon is a monumental feat of self control.

I took my eagle out to my home site to get a teleport pad down to begin construction. There’s a valley on the other side of the mountain ridge at the north end of the World Scar with beautiful rock bridges and formations that I fell in love with on Xbox, and I came straight back on PC because that’s just where home is for me.

Hundreds and hundreds of adobe pieces later, today I finally finished laying the foundation, installed the gates and started raising the walls. The alcove for my crafting benches, beds, and small critter storage one of many is built and ready to receive the internal structures. But I am still literally thousands of adobe pieces away from a complete facility.

But I’m resolved to take my time and do this legitimately, because on Xbox both of my facilities ended up getting pieces spawned...the Hatchery I built because I grew impatient and wanted dragons NOW, and my proper home because I was in a panic just before the first Fear Evolved event and I didn’t have anywhere to put the zombie wyverns I wanted and I intended to spawn a dodowyvern for myself too. I ended up with a very nice facility, but ironically the dodowyvern vanished when the event ended and the zombie wyverns refuse to land indoors and I ended up letting them land wherever they pleased and built walls around them to protect them.

But I do derive a great deal of pleasure from the legitimate construction of my other havens...and even though adobe is a pain to manufacture Dragons and Enhanced Creatures has let me have Outpost dragons to stay my impatience and I’m simply going to enjoy the process of building my home by hand... and I’ll be very proud when it’s finished.

And the last event of the day was an unplanned addition while I was out on a wood run and spied a 104 sabertooth. I saw this and asked myself “Self, do you want a kitty?” To which I immediately replied “Self, that isn’t a question. Of course you want a kitty.” So now there’s a sabertooth living with me too.

Next up: tons and tons of construction. Building facilities meant for dozens of dragons is no small endeavor...but I’m excited to someday soon being set for my first World Scar runs and beginning the hunt for my good fire wyvern eggs.

• Like 4

Guest DJRone89

I tamed 2 Giant Bees from overlapping beehives. Unfortunately, as buggy as the game is for even allowing the overlapping to exist at all, I killed one of the Giant Bees so I couldn’t tame all of them.

It’s the first 2 on this play through on Ragnarok. I’ll be needing to mass produce honey for veggie cales as I’ll be trying and entering the Rag dual arena solo on my first ever attempt at those specific bosses. In turn my Therizino army is slowly growing, and I’m preparing a trade for a 402% melee one (I’m assuming that’s good?) with my friend, if not it’s still better than my current max.

Today we decided to hop over to Se after feeding all our dinos on the island. Went over naked for the challenge and spawned somewhat near red obelisk for ease of going back to the other maps. Spawn, start gathering to make a m&p and a carno in the distance spots me. I run, get him hung up and get away. Then i find my wife and we continue gathering to make adobe. Soon after mister carno pays a visit and we cant get away so we fight back with hatchets but he kills us both although he got pretty bloody before we died.

We respawn, this time no threats in site so we start gathering for adobe. Wood/ thatch is kind of sparse so I start cautiously spreading out. I get to a small bunch of trees and look around for threats and start hacking. Next thing I know I'm poisoned by a flying bug. So i run but quickly run out of stam so I turn around a fight him with my hatchet (lvl 200 btw) and kill it, but then have his ground troops start fighting me. I manage to get away and loose them and finish harvesting the trees and get back to where we are setting up base.

So now we have a 2x1x1 adobe hut built next to a water vein. Next we start gathering for making beds and the bug pack returns, so we slowly kite and kill them all with hatchets. All were 200+ so it took a while and we took a beating too. We take a few minutes to cook some meat to regain hp

I then tame a jerboa and my wife grabs a green drop which has dessert cloth armor which we distribute between us. Right before logging for the day my wife notices a glowing dig site so I grab it and its a blue riot chest which is useless right now on SE but will be nice when we get back to the island.

So plans this weekend are to get established on se and get gathering dinos tamed.

If we can get a few beds made tonight I plan on leroying it to the red obelisk so we can hop back over to the island and start hatching some anky eggs for mutations. We already have a good dozen ready to hatch.

I'm remembering now that the dessert is pretty brutal when starting out, even at lvl 94 when you start with nothing its still rough. But I absolutly love it, lol. My plan is to only take things from SE and not bring anything to SE, atleast not untill we get well established. Even then I have no plans to bring any dinos from the island to SE, not even dilos for anklo/doed kibble.

• Like 3

Looking to play again this weekend. It looks like the Easter event dinos are no longer an option on my private server, so I will have to scout and hope there are still some around.

I think I will do some Island Boss Battles, using my bred Allo army first, and then using the Rexes.  I have so many Allos, I might as well use them.

Just wish I could find Allo or Rex saddle BPs, all I have are vanilla.

I played a bit on Wednesday, and I was on the Rag private PS4 server.  I decided I wanted to tame some beetles for Fert. As I was slowly making my way to the desert, I first spent time along the island on the south edge of the map. and of course I got side tracked, and eventually decided that I needed a "South" base. So I built a small adobe building for a bed, and then built the rest in stone. including a pen for dinos, with a small taming pen right next to it.  It took a while, but by the end of the day (I managed to get about 10 hours playing  in that day) I had tamed a  level 100 Daedon, a beautiful Packer colored Jerboa,  two 100+ colored Thorny Dragons, a flame coloring Pego, that basically tamed himself, when he robbed my mejos.

I also tamed two colored 100+ Morellotops. So when I started out on this adventure, I had a gorgeous 145 Dimorph (Hot Pink Wings, Red Body) IT was fully leveled, and was a great defense partner. Somehow I lost him during my travels .... I have no idea where he went, or if he was killed (the private server doesn't have a tribe log) 

So along the way, I tamed a level 95 neon green headed replacement. Well I forgot to change his behavior from "Attack my target" to Neutral. And later while trying to tame the most beautiful Bold blue on light blue on Dark blue Jerboa,  my dimorph killed the Jerboa. :(  But a bit later I found the Packer jerboa, so I felt a bit better. (I left the Dimorph at the base, and put the new Jerboa on my shoulder)

Fast forward to finishing the base, getting all the new tames put away, and I see a Packer colored level 135 Pelagornis. I bola, tranq and tame that bad boy up, get it back to base, craft a saddle, and after leveling it up some, I take it "fishing" to fill its belly, and level it up more. Well, suddenly we are jumped by an all black 150 Raptor, and it of course knocked my off the Pelagornis. Soon enough I died, and I remembered that my Pelagornis was on passive. So I spawn back in, and quickly jump on my Wyvern and am back at the raptor site in literally under 30 seconds. Just in time to see my Packer Jerboa become a Raptor snack. ? So even though it was a 150, I knew that justice must be made, and my Wyvern Red Hot dispatched it quickly.  I then spent the next 15 minutes looking for my Pelgornis, but he had disappeared.  I do not believe that the Raptor killed him, as I had pumped up his health and used the pig to heal him before I ever took him out.  But he seems to have disappeared.

However while looking for him, I had to take a stamina break, and when we landed, a all white Pelagornis landed in front of us, and literally walked under my Wyvern. It was a max level 150!  So bang zoom, I KO him, fly off to kill a shark in shallow water, use my MC pick to get some prime fish, and now I have "Snowball" my perfect tame Pelagornis.

I get him back to base, spend another 5 minutes looking for the Packer one, and then go back to the Adobe base, and log off.

I have not yet tamed any colored water dinos, so besides the Boss battle, that is the other thing I might do, but only if they are high level.

and oh yeah... maybe I will finally tame up some beetles! lol

• Like 5

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

Youd need to go into your data folder (not sure on ps4 but should be similar to xb) and delete all ark data. You will lose all your skins, all ark data, your unicorn and everything to do with ark that is stored client-side

Aww. My kid found out I deleted """""""her""""""" character from SE. So I already let her make another one and tamed a jerboa to replace the one she had...

Don't really want to do that again so I guess I'll just have to deal with it. 

At least everything else will be fresh. (Except the uni)

As to what I did yesterday. Set up a small base next to south cave and decided to see what I could do with primitive hide armor, a pike and a primitive bow with about 120 arrows.

Needless to say other than having to spam stimberries it went well, up until the megalosaurus. Managed to down that thing after carelessly walking right up to it thinking it was a rock.(daytime) Ran out of arrows and piked it to death(last 3 hits). Good thing they are so slow during the day or i would have gotten munched.

Going to go into it next time a bit better prepared. But its fun starting out again. You lose respect for alot of the smaller creatures as you progress, forgetting how much trouble they can be with substandard equipment. 

Also killed a megalania? The big lizard that climbs walls. Didn't even know it spawned in that cave.

More to come. But I'm really enjoying myself so far.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

I'm remembering now that the dessert is pretty brutal when starting out, even at lvl 94 when you start with nothing its still rough. But I absolutly love it, lol. My plan is to only take things from SE and not bring anything to SE, atleast not untill we get well established. Even then I have no plans to bring any dinos from the island to SE, not even dilos for anklo/doed kibble.

Watch out for that murderous cheese cake :Jerbhi:

• Haha 2

Big Bears Game of Tames - Ragnarok -unofficial xbox1 

This week I got lucky with some play time....and work IRL.  

I'm still on a turret production spree and I need mass amounts of them thar electro board thangs, so objective one was again angler or just run pearls with tek helm and flippers...so soon I was on my basili diving into the underwater cave. I happened to enter near sunset so she got pretty dark. I gotta say the tek helm with night vision sure makes them pearls pop. Managed to get back to the ship with 16k some pearls. Should be good for a bit. Dispatched some sea scorps for black pearls and ventured back to beta base. 

Back at base I snapped together some spark boards and made some poly from leftover obsidian. Pillaged the locals for CP and produced some metal structures (foundations, railings, lights and such.)  

Objective 2 kinda came spur of the moment. Decided to start my angler quest and ventured up to the not so cold region and scoped for penguins. Found 3..270 male..40 female...and an 300 juvi. WHY ?! None the less made 2 trips to drop them off and tame them up. First tames in a while. 5 eggs to date now weeeooo.

Next on the list was metal runs and producing heavy turrets. Made 8 more and placed them around the base. Reset some lighting and again pillaged the locals for CP. 

I did a tour of the base again and decided to start making consistent defence layers. Turrets atm should dispatch most threats, but if they get in the valley there's not too much else to hold back attackers, but i didn't tell you that lol. In the front i layed out a fenceline with foundations to put up a 2 high metal railing that I plan to outline with spikes. Most of the metal structures i produced went into expanding the foundations out to the fence line. Finished that up and went out to do a tek rex tour to get again no avail. That was pretty much it. Pics to folllowww.

Today though we advanced the cluster. my buddy who has an island server joined the cluster and i put up a scortched earth server so we officially have 4 maps now which is lovely. Just have alot of map settings and drops to tune in yaaaaay ? Excited to expand though haha. 

Until next time. Stay frosty.

• Like 3

Guest DJRone89

Having structure collision turned off makes building so much more satisfying, but more on that later.

Anyway, on my private cluster, our tribes HQ (located at the spiral plateau on Rag) needs more dino storage but we don’t have the room and due to being on console, we suffer from high density structure/dino lag. So while I could build more enclosed pens, I already have 2 on the plateau and 4 going down the spiral within render distance.

I needed a new plan, one my whole tribe can benefit from, not just our HQ. So near the spiral plateau, there is an entrance to a cave located directly under a lake. I spent a couple hours figuring out how I was going to block off it’s two entrances by using a combination of a behemoth gate and walls while still fully enclosing it. Thanks to clipping the walls into the cave, I was able to not leave any gaps.

Eventually I’ll convert it all to Tek when I can be bothered to, but for now I have a Tek Generator, Teleporter, Tek Troughs, and air conditioners to grind out. However, as there is only 3 of us in our tribe, resources aren’t always stored up so my next post may be harvest related.

Edited by DJRone89

official pve; solo

Hatched 9 wyverns; all 180+. 3 of them were event ones, black and white. Hatched 5 drakes, one of which has really good melee but sub-par hp. Hatched 9 rexes. Finally have enough to do bosses now. Already got saddles made, just need to level them up a bit. I heard centre arena, even alpha, isn't too hard so im confident I can do it with 90+ armor 30khp rexes with at least 600% dmg. Then i can finally get tek troughs and start breeding on a larger scale - mosas, tusos, gigas etc. With 3x on this weekend I will most certainly be hatching more wyverns and doing a lot of taming. Hopefully my main server doesn't cap :D 

• Like 1