So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I would suggest taming up a handful of high level sharks and a couple of plesios.  I would much rather go to battle with too much, than too little.

My main "navy", consists of me on my best shark

with another two sharks following my shark.

Then 2 basil each following one of the sharks (that are following me)

Then 2 Plesios and a mosa following the Basils

Then another shark following the mosa.

Yes, I take a train of at least 9 water dinos out with me.  I have all of them implanted with a beacon, in case they get lost. But this set up seems to be working well. About a month ago, I went black pearl hunting on RAg, and I added 3 more sharks to the end of the train to make my navy an even dozen.

We shredded everything, including 4 squid at one time. Of course we did have to wait and heal for a bit after that. But even alphas get wrecked pretty quick by my navy. (All of the water dinos are level 90 or above, with the sharks as 140+)

That is crazy!  You really believe in a well-rounded navy.  I take only one squid out, 2 tanks, and the squid is 615% melee and 40,000 HP.  Got a 98 armor saddle on it, and its 97% imprinted so it shreds everything.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

That is crazy!  You really believe in a well-rounded navy.  I take only one squid out, 2 tanks, and the squid is 615% melee and 40,000 HP.  Got a 98 armor saddle on it, and its 97% imprinted so it shreds everything.

I have yet to tame a Squid .... I've tamed up a 1/2 dozen 150 turtles and am planning on breeding up a bunch of eggs, and then plan to try soon, but those squids scare the bejesus out of me.  But I have enough black pearls to give it a try.

I side on the overkill option, because when I first started out, I had some bad run-ins with Cnardia that came out of nowhere, and the occasional alpha Mosa that would destroy me and my few water dinos.  Now days, even if I get shocked and thrown off my shark, the basils and others can tank and take out the dang jellies. or same thing with eels.

• Like 1

Today i hatched 23 therizino babies so i have been feeding those for a few hours and now they are good and growing to fight some dragons 

Then i didnt know what to do so i decided to build myself a little fishing shack on a cute little island near my base 

and now in gonna go save my tribemate who killed himself on shrooms on abberation 

so today has been a blast :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Aushegun said:

By removing the ORP, I was able to "Givetome" the dinos and structures.  Regarding Nitrado, they were no help, after waiting far too long to get a response from them;  they basically told me that is was a software issue, and not a server issue, and thus not their problem. 

I've always had good luck with them. At least you got it settled.

9 minutes ago, Laarr said:

Made my first hut and a bed today yay. I'm a new player, pve the island official server on pc.

Welcome to the addictive, pleasing, frustrating, exhilarating, rewarding, not enough time, too much time sink, game that is ARK !

There are some very knowledgeable players on the forum, so do some searches, and you will find the answers to many of your questions as these arise.  Also, The ARK wiki page and Dododex can be very helpful.

Be careful of joining a tribe right away, unless you already know the people in it. Some tribes pray on noobs to get their resources and tames.

Gigas are NOT your friend when you are a beginner. RUN RUN RUN.

Upgrade to metal pick and axe as soon as you can. Worth the effort!

There are already some topics on Newbie advise, with some really good info, so check those out.

HAVE FUN!!!

Edited by Aushegun
  • Like 3

Today we finally finished what Im calling Phase one of the new base. Grabbed a 750 melee 100% imprinted anky and a couple of argys and gathered the rest of the crystal we needed to finish the glass walls.

On the way back my wife spotted a 202 female anky with white spikes so she scooped it up and we tamed it. We also tamed a 150 kangaroo with a cool white and tan pattern. Once we find a mate for it we are going to start doing some breeding for color morphs, with ankys and kangas, and maybe something else that grows fast, just for fun. Did it with allos when we played on Ragnarok and got some really cool colors.

So the next construction phase is extending the wall around the new base and demolishing the old base. We plan on making the outter wall metal for alpha/giga protection. After that we start working on the rooftop greenhouse and kibble dino stalls under the base.

Ill edit this a little later with pics of the new tames

• Like 4

A little bit of info on the Golden Giga tame. Logged on and fed everybody on the Island, then went to Ragnarok to feed. 

Decided I was tired of waiting and was going for the Giga. Loaded up tranqs, Narcs and three xbows, jumped on one of my Argies and headed to the Highlands. 

Started kiting her to my trap, she kept getting stuck on the gate and working her way around the sides, so I'd repeat and try again. Finally got her in the gate and flew quickly around to close the gate. 

I flew up to it and pressed Y, and dismounted... Fell to the ground and before I could react I was dead. Respawned at our Highlands base, jumped on the Equus we keep there and raced to save my Argy, and retrieve my gear. 

Fortunately, the Argy was just out of reach of the Giga, and I positioned my Equus right out of range of the Giga, circled around, closed the gate, grabbed my gear, whistled for my Argy, and retreated a safe distance. 

Began spamming tranq arrows into the Giga and at some point my Equus decided to attack the Giga and was killed instantly. Have no idea what happened there. Brought her down and stood by with Narcoberries, keeping her torpor at Bay. 

At one point a scorpion wandered over to try and attack me through the cage, and I dispatched it with my Argy. Fortunately, the scorpion didn't hit the Giga, so I lost no taming effectiveness.

Sent post tame pictures to my brothers, fed the Giga a brontosaurus and logged.

• Like 3

Gathered about 5k cp from beaver dams, 300 metal ingots and made a few hundred bullets.  (Not alpha, pretty mid small size) I flew to the south side of ragnarok fo check out the obsidian and metal fields but the alpha tribe basically built all around it with turrets so I'm worried if I get too close, I'll lose my argy. Planning on moving to the snow biome near blue, building an all metal base but I really need a wyvern to carry all my large dinos. Getting eggs isn't a problem but getting milk is tougher.  Killed a few high level rexes for prime meat and to level my bird.

• Like 3

I’m typing this and playing simultaneously because I’m dying for so often that I have the  respawning timer on my bed. I’m attempting and failing the center jumping puzzle. I came here for dinosaurs no parkour dammit. I’m trying to get the Artifact of the pack and it’s just not going well for me. Is it just me or do Ark and parkour go together like oil and water? Am I the only one who thinks that there should be a way to cheat this since it is a survival game? Seemed rediculous that I can’t build or use a grappling hook. 

Edited by prodigy1202
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

T, B, and I decided we wanted a high level Tek Rex today. Slaughtered three that were low level until we found a 160 female by Viking Bay. 

Tried kiting her to our trap there, but she aggroed on everything, so we parked our Wyverns out of harms way, and dashed around on foot, tranquing her until she fell. 

Grabbed up some scorpion kibble and she tamed out to 230ish (honestly I forget). Stats are okay and we're going to start hunting for a male Tek Rex soon.

• Like 2

I got to fly around on my Ptera in search of a new chainsaw as mine had broke and could not afford to fix with polymer as it was annoying to get. After a while a freindly neighbor gave me an extra chainsaw for free :D. 

Later on i farmed up some materials and made myself a little make-shift garden so i could start to make kibble a little bit at a time.

• Like 1

Today i build my second hut and also found out that if you accidentally join a tribe and then leave, you're no longer the owner of the things you build before. Is there some cure for this? If not i am happy to find out at this early stage of playing.

Also tried abberation, very pretty but to way to difficult for now. Maybe later on.

I'm just finding out how to use a bow and arrows, really fun lol.

I dont know how to heart your reply... 

On 6/19/2018 at 11:08 PM, Aushegun said:

Welcome to the addictive, pleasing, frustrating, exhilarating, rewarding, not enough time, too much time sink, game that is ARK !

There are some very knowledgeable players on the forum, so do some searches, and you will find the answers to many of your questions as these arise.  Also, The ARK wiki page and Dododex can be very helpful.

Be careful of joining a tribe right away, unless you already know the people in it. Some tribes pray on noobs to get their resources and tames.

Gigas are NOT your friend when you are a beginner. RUN RUN RUN.

Upgrade to metal pick and axe as soon as you can. Worth the effort!

There are already some topics on Newbie advise, with some really good info, so check those out.

HAVE FUN!!!

• Like 1

Today was a short day but we got started on phase 2. We started with a metal run, then started building the back wall with what metal we had. We should only need 2 sides made out of metal because the other 2 side are on a cliff so the wall is only to keep our dinos from running off the cliff.

Tomorrow night we are going to start breeding ankys for color morphs. Plans for this weekend are to hopefully finish the wall and get the old base demolished. We also want to do more taming. Hopefully we can find a few decent tek rex to tame and Id like to find a 150+ mate for our kanga.

I'm thinking of firing up an SE server for a change of pace while we wait for extinction to come out. Head over there with a naked toon and start with nothing.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Laarr said:

Today i build my second hut and also found out that if you accidentally join a tribe and then leave, you're no longer the owner of the things you build before. Is there some cure for this? If not i am happy to find out at this early stage of playing.

Also tried abberation, very pretty but to way to difficult for now. Maybe later on.

I'm just finding out how to use a bow and arrows, really fun lol.

I dont know how to heart your reply... 

Sadly, when you join a tribe, all of your dinos and buildings become the tribes. So when you leave the tribe, you lose everything. You just have to start over.

Abberation is very hard for a beginner I feel, and I would stick with the Island until you get more game experience.

If you save your spoiled meat and put them in a Morter/Pestle with Narcoberries, you can make narcotics. Then craft stone arrows and narcotics to make tranq arrows, which you can use to knock out dinos and then tame them.

I believe that new accounts can't post very much at first, so maybe that is why you can't use the reaction icons.

Have fun with ARK