So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

5 minutes ago, prodigy1202 said:

Okay guys I just realized that I need a Tusoteuthis tentacle in order to get into the center arena. My aquatic ‘army’ consists of a 160 Baryonyx a 200+ Sarco, a 250+ Megalodon and a 200+ Dunkleo. Is there any chance I could take out a tuso with a ragtag group like this?

If everything goes smoothly you won't have trouble but throw in a few extra squid or maybe some mosa then your in for a troublesome fight.

Guest DJRone89

(Unofficial PvPvE)

I had to do the dreaded character replacement last thing yesterday.

A community member who hasn’t played on our main server (Rag) since January, realised that they had left their character on Aberration.

While this doesn’t seem bad at first, just know that I only have 2 servers, our main is static, and the other runs the other maps at lengths of a time instead of a set rotation frequency.

Unfortunately the second server is on Primitive+ so his character will have to stay in limbo until I switch it back to vanilla, where he can respawn his old character on any map and then travel back to our main server - deleting his newly created character (and me having to claim all of his stuff back again).

I can see why this may not happen on official but it’s just long winded so I disagree with their decision not to do so, because it’s not hard.

Big bears Game of tames ragnarok - unofficial Xbox 1 nitrado. 

Sooo after a long week of loving the lady and trying to play when I can (which was like never Lol) I got on for the majority of Sunday. 

Began with a quick metal run and producing electronics. Pondered the idea of getting an angler or trolling the server for tek rex...angler will help with my massive pearl demands right now but tek rex is around for a limited time.....soooo decided to hunt rex. I have boosted rex rates and I scoured the server for a total of 3-4 hours. Not a tek rex to be found but managed to kill 30 other basic rex. Decided to pull the plug on that and the angler cause I need penguin kibble and have no penguins yet lol not risking my life for a non kibble tamed angler.

Went for a quick obsidian run at the volcano outpost. Full transmitter and then some. Once I was back at base I decided my transmitter at home had to move. I originally placed it to be close enough to the pond and open area that I can transport dinos and tickle the idea of a sea tame ported in the beaver ponds lol. Was too far away from my smithy and such so I built a 2x2 extension off the north side of the crafting room and placed a spawned-to-replace-incorrectly-placed-transmitter in the new location and demolished the old one. MUCH BETTER OOOOOOOMG. 

So decided to mingle around the base after and do some clean up and organize. Produced 35 giant hatch rames for turrets and the turret tower, 5 heavy turrets and 10 reg turrets and some smaller metal hatch frames for the tower floors. Made roughly 2k advanced rounds and some extra walls roofs and doors for modding the base. Defenses are comming along nicely....be it 4000 days in now....thank eff no one has tried to raid me lol...ill  be safe soon...maybe another month? Haha

Cleaned out about 300 slots worth of "junk" ground some up in the grinder and placed the rest to be further organized when I have time. Misses came home and finished my time with feeding the animals then logged.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Big bears Game of tames ragnarok - unofficial Xbox 1 nitrado. 

Sooo after a long week of loving the lady and trying to play when I can (which was like never Lol) I got on for the majority of Sunday. 

Began with a quick metal run and producing electronics. Pondered the idea of getting an angler or trolling the server for tek rex...angler will help with my massive pearl demands right now but tek rex is around for a limited time.....soooo decided to hunt rex. I have boosted rex rates and I scoured the server for a total of 3-4 hours. Not a tek rex to be found but managed to kill 30 other basic rex. Decided to pull the plug on that and the angler cause I need penguin kibble and have no penguins yet lol not risking my life for a non kibble tamed angler.

Went for a quick obsidian run at the volcano outpost. Full transmitter and then some. Once I was back at base I decided my transmitter at home had to move. I originally placed it to be close enough to the pond and open area that I can transport dinos and tickle the idea of a sea tame ported in the beaver ponds lol. Was too far away from my smithy and such so I built a 2x2 extension off the north side of the crafting room and placed a spawned-to-replace-incorrectly-placed-transmitter in the new location and demolished the old one. MUCH BETTER OOOOOOOMG. 

So decided to mingle around the base after and do some clean up and organize. Produced 35 giant hatch rames for turrets and the turret tower, 5 heavy turrets and 10 reg turrets and some smaller metal hatch frames for the tower floors. Made roughly 2k advanced rounds and some extra walls roofs and doors for modding the base. Defenses are comming along nicely....be it 4000 days in now....thank eff no one has tried to raid me lol...ill  be safe soon...maybe another month? Haha

Cleaned out about 300 slots worth of "junk" ground some up in the grinder and placed the rest to be further organized when I have time. Misses came home and finished my time with feeding the animals then logged.  

wow you sir 

grind like an actual beast

• Thanks 1

Crafted some Narcotics, went out looking for a high level Mosa, didn’t see  any Mosasaurs whatsoever, but did find a high level plesiosaur which I intend to tame. Ended up needing to return to base because my Megalodon has taken too much damage due to getting into fights with multiple groups of plesiosaurs. Decided to go after the Artifact of the pack while Bruce heals up over time. If he’s not fully healed by the time I get back I’ll probably go out to tame a good male Yuty.

• Like 2

official PVE; solo

Crafted 19 ascendant rex saddles in preparation for the center boss this weekend or next. Tamed 3 mosas at the same time, one of which had event colours. 140, 145 and 150 respectively. Not one of the mosas came out with better stats than my current ones. At least my water pen looks a bit cooler I guess. Killed reaper queens extensively for about 4 hours until giving up as the highest level I saw was 105. Slot capped an anky with metal on aberration. Not too bad of a day except wasting 4 hours killing reaper queens. At least I wont run out of pheremones when I finally get a good King.

Edited by Ostrichluvr
  • Like 3

Just a wee bit of fun tonight nothing too serious. Spent a long time exploring the map on my argy looking for a high level pachy. Didnt really have much luck, ended uo settling for an ugly green thing level 55. Picked it up and took it back to the taming pen to tame it up. On the way back to base noticed an interesting coloured 140 trike so took a mental note to go back with the taming raft to tame it up. Once it tamed up I quickly got a saddle on it and stuck the stygimoloch saddle on it. Love the skin. Stygimoloch was my favourite dinosaur as a kid so am loving the addition of it to the game even if its just through a skin. As the pachy is pretty much just useless, it would have been a shame to abandon the poor thing in the stables to be forgotten about. Instead I made a hole in the roof of my cabin to get the stygi into the top floor of my base so it could join my pet Jerboas, and now I have a guard dog. Crafted up a stone fire place and the Stygi and Jerboas can now live the dream life in front of a log fire. All I need now is a couple of rugs for the front of the fire place lol. Also noticed that you could dye the dino skins but decided against it just now for the stygi as I do like the default colours, although I have a few ideas for colour schemes so the pachy might get some friends at some point.

rps20180618_214923.thumb.jpg.17baefbb56e2c78e44cdee055ea159be.jpg

Took the taming raft back round to the trike I spotted earlier to tame it up. It was still there but to my dissapoinment it actually wasnt an interesting colour but I trapped it and downed it anyway. Took it back to base and left it to tame up. Spent the time waiting for it to tame up collecting more bones and crafted up another stygi skin so I could dye it at another time. Once the trike tamed up got the Strycosaurus skin on it. Got to say I really do hate the colour of the thing. So armed with some google images and some dye I attempted to spruce it up a bit. Looks ok but probably could be better might try experimenting with reds and browns another day.

rps20180618_214231.thumb.jpg.0b54f27d6236d4cf1410e5570e7f680a.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GeneralBigBear said:

RABBLERABBLERABBLE 

Noted. *relaxes* 

The way I read it they said it would be gone July 15. ? glad that shant be the case.

Hahaha I follow reddit and oddly enough the devs reply there tenfold to what they do there. Its been confirmed. "It is known"

8 minutes ago, AVENGED said:

VICTORY!!!!!!!

si8X3UB.jpg

i30k2MV.jpg

Congrats man :) 

Now ill stop getting the thread sidetracked

• Like 3

Spent the entire day exploring the cave branching off of the underground world on The Center. By far the most confusing cave I’ve ever been in. I found where the Artifact of the clever is, at the end of that crazy jumping puzzle, but as soon as I saw parkour I was all like “screw that house ima get me a grappling hook.” Before I returned home I explored the cave for another hour. Honestly the most notable thing that happened today was the return of an old friend: I had just entered this cave and when I rounded a corner I saw an Argentavis fighting a group of bugs and snakes. My first thought was “well that’s odd. Never seen one of those in A cave before...” my second thought was “wait... that thing has a saddle on...” my third though was “Storm?” (The name of my other Argentavis who is stationed at Outpost Bravo). That’s when I got my spyglass out and looked. The name on the bird was Xena. I immediately leapt into battle on the back of my Direwolf with Cloud my strongest Argy in tow. You may be wondering: What’s so great about Xena? Statistically nothing. She’s a level 135, less than half of Cloud’s level, but I lost her OVER A YEAR AGO (real time). To put that in perspective, my house was made of wood. I remember being pissed because what happened was that I had wandered into this very cave for like five minutes. I left Xena just inside the entrance to the cave, but when I returned she had vanished. I get really attached to my dinos so I felt like I had just found my lost dog.

• Like 4

On 6/13/2018 at 5:17 PM, AVENGED said:

If that doesn't work, try contacting nitrado support (if you haven't already). They're usually very helpful and have resolved a few issues on my servers. 

By removing the ORP, I was able to "Givetome" the dinos and structures.  Regarding Nitrado, they were no help, after waiting far too long to get a response from them;  they basically told me that is was a software issue, and not a server issue, and thus not their problem. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

Crafted some Narcotics, went out looking for a high level Mosa, didn’t see  any Mosasaurs whatsoever, but did find a high level plesiosaur which I intend to tame. Ended up needing to return to base because my Megalodon has taken too much damage due to getting into fights with multiple groups of plesiosaurs. Decided to go after the Artifact of the pack while Bruce heals up over time. If he’s not fully healed by the time I get back I’ll probably go out to tame a good male Yuty.

I keep a healing pig stationed at my naval base, just so I can quick heal my water dinos when necessary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I keep a healing pig stationed at my naval base, just so I can quick heal my water dinos when necessary. 

I do the exact same thing in my single player on the island :). Got a daedon stationed on the dock full of meat and ready to go at all times. All I need to do is stop by the dock after each lap and heal up. Saves so much time.  

• Like 2

On 6/17/2018 at 8:19 PM, prodigy1202 said:

Okay guys I just realized that I need a Tusoteuthis tentacle in order to get into the center arena. My aquatic ‘army’ consists of a 160 Baryonyx a 200+ Sarco, a 250+ Megalodon and a 200+ Dunkleo. Is there any chance I could take out a tuso with a ragtag group like this?

I would suggest taming up a handful of high level sharks and a couple of plesios.  I would much rather go to battle with too much, than too little.

My main "navy", consists of me on my best shark

with another two sharks following my shark.

Then 2 basil each following one of the sharks (that are following me)

Then 2 Plesios and a mosa following the Basils

Then another shark following the mosa.

Yes, I take a train of at least 9 water dinos out with me.  I have all of them implanted with a beacon, in case they get lost. But this set up seems to be working well. About a month ago, I went black pearl hunting on RAg, and I added 3 more sharks to the end of the train to make my navy an even dozen.

We shredded everything, including 4 squid at one time. Of course we did have to wait and heal for a bit after that. But even alphas get wrecked pretty quick by my navy. (All of the water dinos are level 90 or above, with the sharks as 140+)

• Like 4

Guest DJRone89
On 6/17/2018 at 10:34 PM, DJRone89 said:

Don’t forget to check the club :)

@Aushegun AngrySaltire plays on my private server. I have a private Xbox club dedicated to my cluster where I post all Ark news, and many people post what they have been up to directly on the club feed too, usually with screenshots or videos.

It’s nice to post on this forum as I’m very community involved. I love a good Ark story :)

PS4 - Ragnarok - Single Player

So after finally finding a work around for the Private server that keeps making my dinos and structures unaccessible by my character, I was able to "givetome" my dinos that I wanted to keep. I then spent the majority of the time transferring them back to my single player game. However ONCE AGAIN, I had dinos disappear when I tried to download them. They would show in the list, I would download them, but they were no where to be found.  I learn long time ago, to only download one dino at a time, so this is not a case of one dino stuck inside another.  OF course the dino I lost was a beautiful 150 level Argy with Green Bay Packer colors. FML!

Eventually,  I got out and decided to finally tame an Angler fish. Finally, I came across two, and without even spyglassing for their levels, I decided to just start tranqing them both. As Anglers like to do, they soon scattered and were running away from me. I focused on one, and followed him, I finally got him to start swimming up towards the surface, and away from any potential baddies. Finally many, many arrows later he KO'd and I was elated to see he was a level 140!  With the Angler knocked out in a safe spot, I waited out the starve time and then filled him with raw mutton.  Thank goodness I brought 5 air tanks with, because he took forever, but he woke up at level 209.  His health was very low,  so I quickly took him and the other water dinos back to the Navy base, and put my healing pig into action, while leveling up his health, and melee.

Tonight I will begin the long trip from the NE corner of the RAG, over to the Viking Bay pearl cave.  Looking forward to trying out this guy on pearls.

• Like 3