So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

A long Week on Aberration.

At 2x a week ago i tamed a Level 20 male Trike and a Level 10 Trike. Wanted to tame a Level 90 Trike but he run away as Torpor was raising. He got knocked out in the Water and drown. Found a lvl 15 Iguanodon and tamed him too. First time another player on the Server talked to me. He gave me a level 60 Ravager. I had fun for 1 Hour. Then i run into 3 Raptors. The first knocked me out of the ravager and killed me. I respawned 10 meters near my base. At the time i was there again 2 raptors were killed by the ravager. But the last one a level 15 Raptor killed my Ravager -.-.

After that i made a Fence 2 Walls around my building.

Raptors are annoying as hell at the moment. I want my Dinos safe. At the Other side of the River a lonely Level 10 Doedi was slowly walking. So i tamed him too. Better a low Doedi then no Doedi.

A Player offered me a high Crab for 10k CP. And he gave me the Crab first, very nice. So i was a week on the river and run the river up and down and killed many many Trilobites. For 10k CP i needed 40K Chitin. That was very very boring. But the Crab is mine now. But i cannot see anymore Trilobites. I tamed 3 Low Level Spinos, i thought so i can farm trilobites faster. Tamed a level 10 Female, a level 15 male and a level 95 Female. Lucky for me a tribe build a trap and unlocked the door next to the river. I tamed all 3 Spino there. I tried to tame a direbear there too. But he got unconscious and was asleep at the Edge of the trap. And 3 Ravager came along and bite him to death before i could react. No Fibre gatherer for me .

The 95 Spino was 123 after taming with Raw Fish. Levelled him to 165 at the Moment. She had 190 melee and is now a little above 320 Melee. Enough for Trilobite and for the Karkinos. Alpha Karkino i wont do cause only 2k HP. That is to risky for me. I made 2 fertilized Eggs from the Spinos and transferred them to my base on Ragnarok. My Tribe Mate tried to breed them. Then he logged of and forgot the Spinos Eggs in front of the Air Conditioner. I will Slap him next time ^^. This Weekend on 2x i found a lvl 145 Bulbdog and tamed him with Plant Z. First high Level Bulbi i have. I will pair him with the 103 female i have. During the weekend i saw a 135 Doedi, only 3 Hours of berry taming and narco feeding. So i tamed him. Then tamed another few Otter, they are still sitting next to my base in the water. 2 of 3 are not moving. So every few days i tame some. Got my 8th today. Dont looking for the level. Just taming and delight of the cute faces.

My base was 3x3x4, not enough Space for me and the Shoulder Pets. So i talked with the tribe who pillared the River. They removed the Pillar next to my base. I pillard myself for the Fence. The Base is now 30 x 30 i guess, i didnt count. Maybe 40 on one side. I have a Cliff on 1 side. With new tamed high doedi and Crab i could farm really fast the Stone. For Thatch i used the purple Pickaxe i transferred from Ragnarok. Or let the Trike use his new attack. Transferred a Chainsaw from Ragnarok and farm Wood now faster. Made the Wall 3 high around my Base . Thinking of making the Wall completely blue. My Favorite Color for Stone and Metal Buildings.

Made up the ground from the 3x3 base to 7x7. First floor is now 4 High. I completely let the 3x3 house inside the 7x7. So it is a building with a big Hall inside. In these Hall i parked all greater Dinos except the Spinos. In the 3x3 House itself are now 6 Bulbdogs, 8 Otter and 3 Dodo i tamed. I will make another floor 4 high on these building. I make a stonegate on the 2nd floor too, cause i want to tame a few little dinos like Bears and Megalos, need more space for them. Maybe a 3rd Floor for Cropplots, dont know yet. I dont want it to be a borg cube, must thinking of something creative?

PS_Messages_20180613_212203.jpg

• Like 4

I been nearly got all my gtood stuf from my beach base and also started to sort through storage and get rid of the doubles and any primitive items. 

also instead of dropping them ive put them in a free unlocked box for newbies, i also helped out a newbie gave hime a 2x2 wood base with bed,storage box and presv bin. some cooked meat and spare metal tools. 

also brought a female rex so i can breed them, and sell the fert eggs. need to make some more fert argy egg's. so when the next 2x matuaration event is on. 

gonna see if their is a tribe i can join just for the breeding/egg help.

• Like 3

Built materials for our Island base for a few hours yesterday. Broke up the grinding with a few "survival challenges". 

Dropped T off on Herbivore Island, his challenge was to swim across, and make it back on foot alive. He was killed by a Manta before he got halfway. 

Dropped B off on top of the Volcano. He fell to his death. 

They dropped me off on Carno Island, with the rule that I had to swim off the island. Swam across with no difficulty and made my way home. Was probably a hundred yards from our base when I was cheated by B and T dropping a Therizino right on top of me... 

Killed them both when I respawned, and we went back to work. 

Edited by AVENGED
Spelling is hard
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

T and I are going on a fishing trip all weekend, so B is going do some grinding and hold down the fort while we're away.

B moved to Florida about a year ago, so he's too far away to come with us. T and I are going to Florida to visit him in a few weeks though. 

Anyway, we decided to take a break from grinding today and went back to Ragnarok. Took one of our lightning wyverns and two Rex's out for deathworm horns. B really wants a Mantis. 

Killed three pretty easily, gathered up their horns and went back to our main base. Took a Griffin over to the scar, hunting for 150+ lightning or fire eggs. Couldn't find any that made the cut, so we decided to go look for a high level Tuso. 

Found a 145 female and I cleared out the threats while B and T went to grab our taming motorboat. Dropped our 22K health turtle in the water, swam down and started taming. 

All went well and we're now the proud owners of a Tuso. Swam her back to our water base (after each us took turns joyriding). Drove the motorboat home and logged. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend. 

• Like 5

Tamed a 150 crab on aberration. Found a 150 giga and got my ice wyvern trapped inside it when I tried kiting it. RIP ice wyvern. Tamed the giga; gained 2 points into melee post tame. 150%... Hopped onto rag briefly and found a few wyvern eggs; 2x 175 fire, 180 and 185 light. Stuck them in a fridge to store for a couple weeks until i have 4 days off to raise them. Tamed a breeding pair of tek rexes (174 and 168 so not too bad). Finally I hatched about 10 rexes preparing for bosses in the near future :D. Hatched a couple low-ish rock drakes just to have some backups. Also farmed a few bones and got the brachiosaurus skin. Not too bad in a day for a solo player on official like myself :).

• Like 3

Havent updated in a few days because we havent really been playing. We have taken a mini break while we level in elder scrolls online. We did get a chance to hop on this morning for a few hours. We started by gathering more crystal and metal for the glass walls and had enough to build about half the walls. 

After that we set out on the bears looking for dig sites and for tek rex to tame. The trip also doubled as a meat run. Ended up finding about 75 bones and also a mc ghilie chest and mc parcer saddle.

Fed all our dinos then logged.

Tomorrow we will probably gather more crystal and metal and hunt for more dig sites as well as look for tek rex to tame

• Like 1

Didn´t build on my Main House.

But found a Level 70 Trike next to my base. Shoot him and lured him to my trap Boat which is next to my base. Didn´t noticed the level 25 trike next to the 70 untill it hit me. Trapped an tranqued both at the boat. Now i have 3 females. Enough Eggs if i ever want to tame a Sarco on Aberration. Transferred a few BP like Ankylo Saddle for further taming. Thinking really hard about a Motoroboat. I want try a new Build to trap Spino or Karkino. A little Mobility would be nice. Didnt have a high Spino or one with high damage. So i need to tame more. These weekend i dont get the boat ready, hoping that next weekend is 2x taming again. Or i organize argy kibble on Ragnarok and transfer it. Found a little Lystro and tamed him with rare flowers. Something to pet and let the dinos level fast is nice. Read something important on the Forum at the Aberration SubThreads. Someone mentioned to use Bola and Grappling Hooks on Glowbugs. So i build some myself and tried the Grappling Hook on Bulbdogs. Holy Moly, you can trap them with the Grappling Hooks. I was on my Crab and run away with the Bulbdog at the End of the Line. After these Succes i directly ran to the Biloum and searched a Shinehorn. But nothing to see. But Dung beetles. The Wiki doesnt say u can use the Grappling Hook on Dung Beetles. But you can. I shoot him and tamed him safely in my base.

Im interested what happens if i try it with Shinehorn. Dung Beetle dont get Aggro but Shinehorn does. I Think i will permanently jump with the Crab when i have a Shinehorn. I think i must get a rock drake first. So i´m much faster for these kind of taming.

PS_Messages_20180614_014210.jpg

• Like 4

Guest DJRone89

Solo tamed a level 130 Mosasaur (first one in a very long time).

I was cave hunting on my Basilo out on Ragnarok, when I came across a land bridge deep underwater off the coast of Viking Bay:

Saw the Mosa nearby after finding a couple of caves so decided fudge it, I’m going for it.

After a trip back from base, I placed 5 behemoth gateways in a row, close together down on the land bridge, gating off the end and middle gateways.

Kited the Mosa in and waited for it to go one side so I could close the middle gate and force it between 3 gateways. By far the easiest trapping method I’ve ever used.

A tip for noobs, when a trapped creature starts fleeing, make sure you have a magnifying glass to hand. Fleeing carnivores aren’t aggressive so you can go right up to it without fear and view it’s health and more importantly, it’s torpor. A magnifying glass is a great tool to use even with a taming calculator.

Transfered 30k ingots to another server to buy a good squid and basilo and got told about the trade forum page so now im looking in to how i get to access it :D
now im gonna swim the squid home and transfer the basilo to my main server then gonna farm some trophies for boss fights 

Edited by LustyLaila
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LustyLaila said:

Transfered 30k ingots to another server to buy a good squid and basilo and got told about the trade forum page so now im looking in to how i get to access it :D
now im gonna swim the squid home and transfer the basilo to my main server then gonna farm some trophies for boss fights 

Just need to make the required posy count, 15 ive been told

Havent been on ark lately, havent had much time since last weekend and ill be busy all week long. Diablo 3 has a new season started yesterday so ill take what little time i do get and shift focus onto that for a little bit. Been needing a short break from Ark anyways :P Ive been grinding too hard and all my short term goals are temporarily completed

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 1

My boss fighting squad is nearly complete. I have five Rexes (four of which are level 200+, and one of which is in the mid 100’s), four Allosaurs (three 200+, one mid-100’s), three Megalosaurs (all 200+), three Spinosaurs (two 200+, one upper 100), two Therizinosaurs (both 200+), and one Yutyrannus (200+). Do you guys think I’m ready for the Gamma center arena? Maybe Beta? I’ll wait for you guys’ advice, but I’m leaning strongly towards gamma since I’ll be fighting three bosses at the same time. I still need to tame another Yutyrannus and a Daeodon. Then I need to raid two more caves for artifacts, then I’ll set off for the bosses.

• Like 2

Another short playtime today but we got a decent ammount accomplished. I've been having trouble dragging myself away from eso, lol. First we put a stone roof on our base. Eventually it will be glass but its taking so long to find crystal so I just wanted some type of roof. While gathering so stone my wife found enough bones to make brachiosaurus costume :)

After the roof we went on a crystal run and came back with about 1200. Now our glass walls are about 75% complete.

Here are some pics of the skin and the base progress y4mADP4-iMFdulDH1Iqm2PD6z10f6vK4-m0nfAaL

y4mQZ7X3u7XmAbsVIl7v-b8EdNzadir1yvO0c53A

Insidey4mGHRyy0ZPnu3r-EffZU5eIo1uQtpPmGux_ILGD

Plans this week are to finish the glass walls and then start extending the fence around it

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, prodigy1202 said:

My boss fighting squad is nearly complete. I have five Rexes (four of which are level 200+, and one of which is in the mid 100’s), four Allosaurs (three 200+, one mid-100’s), three Megalosaurs (all 200+), three Spinosaurs (two 200+, one upper 100), two Therizinosaurs (both 200+), and one Yutyrannus (200+). Do you guys think I’m ready for the Gamma center arena? Maybe Beta? I’ll wait for you guys’ advice, but I’m leaning strongly towards gamma since I’ll be fighting three bosses at the same time. I still need to tame another Yutyrannus and a Daeodon. Then I need to raid two more caves for artifacts, then I’ll set off for the bosses.

It’s only 2 bosses and the brood is easier than it’s island varient I’ve been told.

Raided Alpha of centre big base on rag  on Official Cluster for 5 hours

It was my tribe and 2 other tribes all of us are Aplhas on the Rag session

We easily got trough the gates using 5 golems at front and everytime needed gigas would come in to challenge. with wyvern circling and war quetz shooting down

but as soon as more of their members came it got more challenging 

after losing 2 wyverns i pushed on ground using there structures as covers i managed to snipe 3-4 of them on tames/ground 

they then dropped about 20 boss rexes but we easily overpowered them by ambushing with more gigas and golems 

we then moved up to their main base where there is tek everywhere

abit more challenging 

we were losing crabs,golems and out gigas were getting inraged and we were being picked left right and centre 

before i left we were still just going slowley 

now after we are just waiting on high alert as they are also VERY strong on centre and semi decent on abb like us 

even through we wiped them on rag they can easily hurt us if they bring there stuff from centre 

but luckily we have the sever on our side as these guys are unjust alphas and just troll and raid non stop

will update as the days go

• Like 2

Must have been the better part of a week since I last got on, between life getting in the way and Jurassic World Evolution coming out. Started of by taking the griffin out for a bit of an exploration to harvest up some organic polymer to make up an industrial grill. Crafted the grill up then went exploring more to scout out some oil rocks and a few other things. Ended up walking along the desert shore on the griffin farming up some bones for the event. 

Got back to base and crafted up some fridges now that I have electricity to run them. Finally graduated from using preserving bins. At which point I noticed someone on an ice wyvern within range of my base roaming around the shore so I spent 5 minutes giving them the evils just to make sure they were not up to any mischief.

Took out the argent and anky out to the snow biome to harvest up the oil rock and loaded up my forges to make up some gasoline so I can leave the generator running constantly now that I have fridges. 

Spent a bit of time running up and down the shore around my base on my allo harvesting up some more of the event bones. Crafted up a Stygimoloch and Strycosaurus skin to use up all the bones as I hear the spare bones have a habit of disappearing. All I need now is to tame up a pachy and a trike. But thats for another night.

• Like 3

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Must have been the better part of a week since I last got on, between life getting in the way and Jurassic World Evolution coming out. Started of by taking the griffin out for a bit of an exploration to harvest up some organic polymer to make up an industrial grill. Crafted the grill up then went exploring more to scout out some oil rocks and a few other things. Ended up walking along the desert shore on the griffin farming up some bones for the event. 

Got back to base and crafted up some fridges now that I have electricity to run them. Finally graduated from using preserving bins. At which point I noticed someone on an ice wyvern within range of my base roaming around the shore so I spent 5 minutes giving them the evils just to make sure they were not up to any mischief.

Took out the argent and anky out to the snow biome to harvest up the oil rock and loaded up my forges to make up some gasoline so I can leave the generator running constantly now that I have fridges. 

Spent a bit of time running up and down the shore around my base on my allo harvesting up some more of the event bones. Crafted up a Stygimoloch and Strycosaurus skin to use up all the bones as I hear the spare bones have a habit of disappearing. All I need now is to tame up a pachy and a trike. But thats for another night.

Don’t forget to check the club :)