So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Yesterday was a gamers' paradise. Got all day to myself and got a lot done. I kept a short list that ill just throw in (whats with ark forums not liking copy+paste from notepad?)

My main theme was base expansion. I went over to my Rag SP and farmed up over 20 gates, demolished gates at my SP island for the other 10 or so and surrounded my new location at Drayo's Cove with behemoth gates. I wanted a big base where I wouldnt have to worry about expanding any time soon. I think I accomplished that, one side of the gate wall the other side isnt rendered :P 

Now for the chronological list. 

-Went to rag and transferred a bunch of utility dinos, plus all my SE dinos

- Started with building a storage platform with attached dock, open air plan with a ceiling uptop for fliers etc (8x12x8h)

- Breeding pen with 12 hidden AC (later made 10 fridges)

Small wall to make green Ob safe to store, foundationed spawn

Brought an anky to blue ob, made a small outpost. Mined a bunch of metal/crystal/ob and continued to do so every few hours. Saving up for a forge.

Hopped over to Rag, downloaded more dinos including breeding theriz, vulture army, caving mount, frog, some other random tames then went on a paste run at beaver dams. Transferred more items and blueprints etc.

Back on island, made two tree platforms and sap taps. Spawn bed & boxes added to bedhop sap.

Transferred over dung beetle, a bee, more items. I had a load of theriz eggs and some angler gel so made some theri kibble on rag to get a basil for my island soon. Loaded up all my boss tames and saddles from island SP. Also had a few spare artifacts and almost two sets for alpha ape. (Minus one set)

Back on island crafted up a bunch of poly, did another metal run (only 2x harvest) and made an industrial forge. 

Back at base made a pen for my jerboa, vultures and organized all my dinos. Grabbed some plantx and made turrets all over. 

Went to green ob and downloaded all 18 theriz, saddled them up and placed cliff platforms around green ob to extend my boss area. The cliffs I just spawned in. Killed a glitched titan under green ob with lightning wyvern and flame arrows and got level 92 :P 

Sorry for the jumbled mess. Ill probably edit it later to clean it up 

• Like 4

Golden Giga is still wandering the Highlands, taunting me. She will be mine! Anyway, didn't do much this weekend. Got another server, so we could go back to the Island and built a small outpost. 

Moved one Doed, Theri, and Mammoth over to the outpost for the construction that's about to take place. Walked two of my Rex's over for security purposes. 

Going to establish our main base on a huge platue right across from the redwoods. Hopefully, I'll get some time after work to build. B is supposed to start building the perimeter wall tomorrow, and T is going to start construction on our water base off Herbivore Island. 

• Like 3

Today I did a maintenance on my servers. I did what is called mklink junction. I moved the save files from off my Samsung 850 Evo, to my Corsair Force Series MP500. The MP500 is NVMe PCI-E, whereas the 850 Evo is SATA 3. The start time of the server is now improved, and also the save time is improved. I only did this for the servers that are more populated. Worth the research to do this.

So this was my day today on ARK. LOL ?

• Thanks 1

We had a busy weekend. We spent it working on the base upgrade. While its far from finished it is functional and we have started moving into it. It has 5 "rooms". one is for cooking, one is storage, one is the "living area" and barracks, the center is crafting and one has not been determined, current thoughts are to put shoulder mounts, dung beetles and snails into it along with overflow storage.

y4mS6YSvjAA7ti_gwPJsB9TWKQOaJDLOVyhf-X45

y4mPP_1o2yY2Rec1UtFplLPAFwfo9BEvIzz0fHvr

y4m1zqawX1k4hlsUWPfJu_ju5Ebl6cEycQMft5l9

The plant x are temporary until we finish the center area. 

So current plans.

1. Make ramps up to each of the dino gates with maybe an elevator to one of them.

2. All areas without a roof are going to be extended 4 more walls high with s+ glass walls and a glass ceiling. There will be a floor above this that will be turned into a green house

3. The top of each of the current enclosed rooms will be used as an aviary for birds

4. Extend the base walls around the new building

5. Demolish the old base 

6. Enclose the pillars and turn under the base into stalls for kibble dinos

I'm sure ill think of more but this is enough for a few weeks, lol. Our biggest progress limit now is crystal for the s+ glass walls and ceilings. We haven't found a huge concentrated source of crystal yet but we are going to keep looking. I'll probably extend my crystal search to aberration as well

• Like 3

T, B, and I logged on today, fed our dinos on Rag, and headed for our new Island server. T and B enjoyed flying around reminiscing for a few minutes before going to work. 

B ran the Mammoth down into the forest for wood, while T and I gathered stone and crafted materials for our perimeter wall. Somehow, B managed to wander all the way to the volcano and run right into a Giga... Rip Mammoth. 

Picked up B, and dropped him off at Carno Island to think about what he'd done. T and I continued working while B built a raft and escaped. He managed to work his way back to our base, (resourceful punk) shot us both with tranq arrows, and after a brief scuffle, we laughed it off and continued working. 

Managed to build quite a few materials and we all logged after a few hours.

Edited by AVENGED
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Installed Eco's decoration mods: Gardens, Shoppe, Stables and Trees - realised I have no idea what I'm doing with them or what they are capable of so instead of wasting resources on my server drop off into single player for a couple hours into creative mode, spawn in some materials and build each of the items available.

I now have some ideas for a build on our server so will update again in a few days with pictures when I make some progress.

• Like 1

This morning we continued work on the base. Gathered metal and crystal and got a few more glass panels installed. Its going to be slow going untill we get time to find better crystal spawns.

I flew by our rex factory to feed our breeder rex and noticed the generator was out of gas and all our meat was spoiled and the mountain of boss rex rggs were half spoiled :( I must have just thrown a few weeks worth of gas in then forgot to refill it, but Its full now and we have a surplus now that the main base is running on a tek generator.

Before logging we fed all of our dinos.

I think Im going to add a few rp structure/decoration mods so we can spruce up the base a bit and make it feel like home. Plans for this week are to continue working on the base. My main goal is to be fully moved in and have the middle section finished by the end of the weekend. Then we can move focus onto the rest of the list. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

This morning we continued work on the base. Gathered metal and crystal and got a few more glass panels installed. Its going to be slow going untill we get time to find better crystal spawns.

I flew by our rex factory to feed our breeder rex and noticed the generator was out of gas and all our meat was spoiled and the mountain of boss rex rggs were half spoiled :( I must have just thrown a few weeks worth of gas in then forgot to refill it, but Its full now and we have a surplus now that the main base is running on a tek generator.

Before logging we fed all of our dinos.

I think Im going to add a few rp structure/decoration mods so we can spruce up the base a bit and make it feel like home. Plans for this week are to continue working on the base. My main goal is to be fully moved in and have the middle section finished by the end of the weekend. Then we can move focus onto the rest of the list. 

You're on scorched right now correct? 

17 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Haha ok. Thanks for setting it straight baha. Need to try and keep y'all straight

None the less if rag is available venture under the lake. Tis where I get my crystals. 

Yeah, Im on the island clustered with Aberration. The map shows them scattered around the snow biome, I just havent had time to go on a big run.

I could probably hit up Aberration with a crab/anky (with my wife on the anky)

It was a trying weekend in Ark. 

I was super excited to do some light raising and some good taming this weekend. I actually had a lot of success in some aspects but sometimes Ark bites back.

I did my normal Saturday prep for Sunday hatching. I only had some Carno and Argy and was thinking about doing a few Tapes too (a guy gave me a great gift tape with 800 hatch stamina) Since I have 3500 hatch hp, 525 hatch weight, and 434 hatch melee I need to work on that a little. Plans changed though when I hatched an Argy with a new weight mutation. 800 weight. I was very excited about that and she ended up being the only thing I raised this weekend since none of the Carno's got the combined stats. 

I will now get my best stats together (4088 hp, 1400 stamina, 800 weight, 424 melee), get a breeding pair and hatch the mute eggs I've been sitting on and get the stats onto them then open up my line to the market. Jumping forward a bit, i tamed a 150 male argy the next day and it tamed out with 800 weight. Looks like I can reset my mutation count (even though it is only 3). 

Also on the taming front I went out to tame some Yuty's and see if I can find some higher stamina or hp. It was Monday when I finally got out to tame so I was short on time (2x taming) but I was able to put down a 135 and 140. Last week we tamed up a few sheep since Kentro kibble is still the dumbest kibble in the game and yes it is dumber than Quetzal kibble for a Dime. I decided to just tame up the Yuty's since we don't use mutton for anything else and they spawn often enough on Rag. The 135 tamed up but had nothing. it was actually kind of bad. The 140 tamed up and it tamed out with 2184 stamina. I currently have 2184 stamina. I kept it to have that stamina clean but will continue hunting for higher stamina which i know is out there. 

A lot of Ark was spent running caves for drops. I pulled a lot of nice stuff but not what I am looking for. Think one of my favorite pulls was a MC Flak Helmet BP with 340 armor and 547 durability. 

The alliance decided that we wanted to run Beta Tek Cave so we needed to run Beta Monkey and Dragon. 

Loaded up the Rex's for the Monkey fight and chewed him down fairly fast. That helps too since we needed to top off some tek gens. 

Next up we prepped for Beta Dragon. 

Our set up was 1 Rex (to fight off dimorph's and ptera's), 1 Yuty, and 18 Theri's. 

Theri's were statted with 21k hp, 700+ melee, 95+ saddles with a few max saddles. We placed 2 stacks of veggie cakes in each Theri and ported into the fight. 

I did whistle commands and moved the Theri's up. We don't cross the lava stream and make the Dragon come to us. The Dragon was flying around and unlerashed a fireball when boom, our Yuty driver gets hit by the fireball and dies. Wait the fireball can hit you off the back of your dino? (we've taken direct shots on rag so this was news to us) While we were still processing that another fireball and my Rag tribe mate gets hit off the back of his Theri. 

The Dragon lands and instead of moving the Theri's back and mounting the Yuty i whistled attack and the Yuty went on in too. 

Dragon was burning but I figured on his first take off I'd move the group back and mount the Yuty but the Dragon stayed down longer and the Yuty went down. 

The Theri's put up quite a fight but in the end we needed more veggie cakes and the Yuty buff would have helped. They started dropping one by one. My personal ridden actually had 100% hp until the third land and we were down to 6 Theri's. I felt alright enough the entire time until my Theri started getting hit and thyen ran out of veggie cakes. We were down to 2 ridden Theri's, 2 guys on the ground using shotguns. My Theri finally went down but I did not bring a weapon so I ran to the back looking for one of the dead bodies to grab their weapon. it was down to me and one guy when i got the first fire breath. i somehow rode that out but then decided to capitalize on the opportunity. i ran up and punched the Dragon. add it to the list. he toasted me right after. 

We got the Dragon down to 10% and no doubt the Yuty buff would have put us over the top. we've already formulated a couple different plans on how to approach the next run. people did feel deflated. Most of my alliance first started playing upon official release. They've died in caves, they've lost dino's to glitches but up to this point they had always been successful in boss fights no matter how dicey it got. To see so much time wiped was a big shocker for them. 

I've loss stuff in Brood on legacy a few times but otherwise have been successful too. So it still shocked me as well. I will build up the Theri eggs over the week and hatch a bunch of them this weekend to replenish the fallen. 

Lack of veggie cakes definitely seemed like the biggest downfall. I also think splitting groups to give time to heal may work, I'm also going to breed up some deer. i tamed 4 bees on the island (have 4 on rag already) and a Phiomia. We'll tame another couple of dung beetles and veggie cakes will not be a problem next run. 

Rest of the week was swamp cave, easy water cave, and ice cave runs. Alright stuff, nothing epic but we are starting to build up a nice stock of bp's. figure we'll do a massive bp sale soon. 

This weekend I'll hatch Quetz eggs to see if I get the next weight mute, I'll hatch some Yuty's looking for specific color schemes, hatch the Argy looking for weight mutation and stat combination, hatch the Theri's and breed up the Deer. 

We'll recover in short order i believe and take the next step of progression in Ark. 

Until next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

PS4

You may recall me posting a few weeks ago, about how after playing for weeks on my private server, I logged in one day, and none of my dinos or building were accessible by my character, even though they clearly said owned by that very same character.  Well I finally just started building a new base and taming new creatures, all the while refilling the food troughs of the un-accessable dinos, until they can be claimed in 30 some days.  (Reminder, I am the only person with the password and access to this Nitrado server)

Well Saturday I spent most of the day taming, building and getting this second base in decent shape. Sunday morning I wake up, log on, and it has happened again! Now both the old base/dinos along with the new base/dinos are un-accessable by my character...WHO IS THE SAME CHARACTER this entire time!!!

I am so freaking unhappy. All this work, only to be screwed out of it by some stupid game/server issue.

Needless to say, I believe I am done spending any time on the server, and will not continue paying for it, when it comes time to renew.  So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

PS4

You may recall me posting a few weeks ago, about how after playing for weeks on my private server, I logged in one day, and none of my dinos or building were accessible by my character, even though they clearly said owned by that very same character.  Well I finally just started building a new base and taming new creatures, all the while refilling the food troughs of the un-accessable dinos, until they can be claimed in 30 some days.  (Reminder, I am the only person with the password and access to this Nitrado server)

Well Saturday I spent most of the day taming, building and getting this second base in decent shape. Sunday morning I wake up, log on, and it has happened again! Now both the old base/dinos along with the new base/dinos are un-accessable by my character...WHO IS THE SAME CHARACTER this entire time!!!

I am so freaking unhappy. All this work, only to be screwed out of it by some stupid game/server issue.

Needless to say, I believe I am done spending any time on the server, and will not continue paying for it, when it comes time to renew.  So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats soo messed up?! Have you tried doing a roll back or anything? Death or commands don' change anything? I'd try the givetome command or anything 5hat can manipulate ownership of structures or tribe. I havent experienced anything like that. Delt with transferring between unclustered servers  and losing ownership of my base and such. Just had to die once and all was well. Even cross ark cluster travels leave my base unusable for the first minute after returning back from aberration. Shows everything blue, lag spike, and all is green again.

29 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Thats soo messed up?! Have you tried doing a roll back or anything? Death or commands don' change anything? I'd try the givetome command or anything 5hat can manipulate ownership of structures or tribe. I havent experienced anything like that. Delt with transferring between unclustered servers  and losing ownership of my base and such. Just had to die once and all was well. Even cross ark cluster travels leave my base unusable for the first minute after returning back from aberration. Shows everything blue, lag spike, and all is green again.

I'm not sure how to do a rollback.

I have intentionally died, hoping it would fix itself, I have transferred to single player and back, hoping it would fix it, nothing seems to work

I've tried the give to me commands and get no response. It keeps saying "offline protection enabled" 

I will play for 10 minutes after logging in, hoping it fixes itself, but nothing changes.

it is so bizarre, that Saturday evening all is good, then log in next morning , and the server thinks I'm a new player ..... even though I'm using the same character!  grrrrrrrrrrr

I have to leave soon for another 1300 mile trip in 48 hours, so I won't be playing again until this weekend at the earliest now.

1 minute ago, Aushegun said:

I have intentionally died, hoping it would fix itself, I have transferred to single player and back, hoping it would fix it, nothing seems to work

I've tried the give to me commands and get no response. It keeps saying "offline protection enabled" 

I will play for 10 minutes after logging in, hoping it fixes itself, but nothing changes.

it is so bizarre, that Saturday evening all is good, then log in next morning , and the server thinks I'm a new player ..... even though I'm using the same character!  grrrrrrrrrrr

I have to leave soon for another 1300 mile trip in 48 hours, so I won't be playing again until this weekend at the earliest now.

It might be the orp....givetome worked for ownership and then I forcejoined the tribe after server transfers. Never occured due to just logging out. So if you tried those options try disabling orp, And if that doesn't do it then do a roll back. 

Roll backs are done in the backup section. You have saves from days passed labled in the menu. You can also roll back player data and map data. 

Hopefully this works :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Set offline raid protection off and then thr givetome commad should work. Theres also a tribe wide command to take all tames / buildings

Forgot to write about sundays ark, will make it short.

Set up a few cave outposts with my bred barys. Been breeding a few up. Got some artifacts and ran the swamp cave a few times, got really lucky and pulled an asc 103 arm Theri saddle bp.

Tamed a 120something basilo and killed an alpha shark. Once i can play again im heading out for a hlvl basil and setting up a few alpha monkies for element

• Like 1