So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Started off tonight by scaling back the amount of thatch canopy my build have. Looks much better now. Added some details to the supports of the cannopy and added decorative railings. Finnaly moved the pteras to live in the tower which frees up room in the stables a bit.

Then hoped on to the raft to go out and do a quick silica pearl run to make electronics. By run I mean doggy paddle in the northern shores as I haven't unlocked scuba yet. Was a case of move raft, spot pearls go for a swim to grab them get back to raft, then move the raft to the next silica pearl and go for a swim again while dodging any sharks. It was painful but worth it.

Afterwards went on a quick crystal/metal run with the argy and anky halfway across the map. Got back and started crafting the electronics, cables, lights and the generator. Installed the electrics and finally I have electricity and lights in the main base. I can actually see in my base during the night of Ragnarok !

Started to install the electrics in the bird house which I had been dreading as I am running it all off one generator and getting the cable all the way up to the towers could have been a nightmare. Threaded the cables up the central collum without a hitch and with a little bit of tinkering got the wiring through the platforms without to much hassle either. Just need to get more silica pearls as I dont have enough electronics for the junction boxes so couldnt install the lights. Going to have the tower act like a bit of a lighthouse aswell, considering how close to the shore it is. But thats for another night. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Afterwards went on a quick crystal/metal run with the argy and anky halfway across the map. Got back and started crafting the electronics, cables, lights and the generator. Installed the electrics and finally I have electricity and lights in the main base. I can actually see in my base during the night of Ragnarok !

Was speed reading the forum, and did a double take ... I first read this as " went on a quick crystal meth run" ..... did a double take, as I was pretty sure my fellow ARK enthusiasts aren't tweaking on meth when playing this time sink game! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

Was speed reading the forum, and did a double take ... I first read this as " went on a quick crystal meth run" ..... did a double take, as I was pretty sure my fellow ARK enthusiasts aren't tweaking on meth when playing this time sink game! LOL

Haha I can see how that happened now. I can asure you I dont take drugs. Dont even drink. Just lots of chocolate, coffee and of course Ark. 

• Like 2

Had a short play time today. My wife gathered metal and I hopped over to Aberation and grabbed as many black pearls as my drake could carry, about 300. It so scary gathering them, lol, sneaking around trying not to agro any of the dozens of drakes. After I grabbed the black pearls i bring them back to the island then help my wife farm metal. 

Before logging i noticed one of our snails had starved to death :( so i quickly made a batch of veggie cakes to feed the other 2. 

We should be able to build our tek generator tomorrow morning after we pick up the metal. Then i think we will working on some of the tek armor we unlocked last weekend. Our many plan now is to do a lot of farming for our next base expansion

• Like 3

So just logged on shortly to check that thylo and just as suspected it starved :P Bred them again and got a better one, with two mutations! Dont know what yet.. but thats neat. Just did a quick meat run and ill just be popping in for imprints periodically. 

@Jabnlab Congrats on Tek! Im jelly we dont get those s+ moveable transmitters haha :P I still have yet to beat dragon to actually unlock it (does s+ let you build it without?) Im excited to see the base with all the Tek set up, im still undecided how I want to lay it out. Have my replicator, genny and a trough premade before i left Ragnarok. Congrats again :) 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, d1nk said:

So just logged on shortly to check that thylo and just as suspected it starved :P Bred them again and got a better one, with two mutations! Dont know what yet.. but thats neat. Just did a quick meat run and ill just be popping in for imprints periodically. 

@Jabnlab Congrats on Tek! Im jelly we dont get those s+ moveable transmitters haha :P I still have yet to beat dragon to actually unlock it (does s+ let you build it without?) Im excited to see the base with all the Tek set up, im still undecided how I want to lay it out. Have my replicator, genny and a trough premade before i left Ragnarok. Congrats again :) 

Thank you. We actually spawned an s+ tek transmitter and engram on aberration for ease of server hops due to the obelisk being on the surface, but we are going to build it on the island. I do plan on fighting the dragon eventually but for the next few weeks we are going to "relax" and do some base upgrades. Almost burt myself out grinding for monkey and brood, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Logged on to "B was killed by a level 145 Gigantosaurus" message. Tried reaching him on the mic, but he was to busy to answer. 

Jumped on one of the Wyvern's and raced to the highlands, seeing the same death message twice more before I arrived. 

Arrived at the trap to see B running naked across the field with the Gold Giga right on his heels. One bite and he died again. He finally joined my party chat with a slew of expletives. 

I distracted the Giga while he reclaimed his stuff, and realized he left the tranqs and kibble at our main base by the blue ob. I raced back to grab them and B got kicked. Gathered up the narcs, tranqs, and kibble, and headed back to the highlands. 

Reach the Ashlands when B calls me, letting me know his internet was out. Crap. Called T, to see if he could assist and he couldn't. Crap. 

Retrieved B's gear, went back to our main base, and put all of B's gear back in his locker, put up all the supplies and logged. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Lmao I did the same thing. "Crystsl meth what?!"

Meth runs for days ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Jabnlab said:

Thank you. We actually spawned an s+ tek transmitter and engram on aberration for ease of server hops due to the obelisk being on the surface, but we are going to build it on the island. I do plan on fighting the dragon eventually but for the next few weeks we are going to "relax" and do some base upgrades. Almost burt myself out grinding for monkey and brood, lol.

I feel ya! I had to switch to a new map because i lost motivation, reading these posts sure bring it back though :P 

• Like 1

expanded our tribe to 12 members (which is huge because we have been 5 members for months)
productively just shot threw the roof.

gearing up for boss fights - we live on the center

will be gathering last arifacts tonight and running through gamma next few days.

behe gated off a large portion of land to expand will be building turret towers - our base location allows us to take a massive area of the map without anybody even noticing. 
build our water pen and tamed an angler - never seen so much pearls! - tribe mate just tamed dunky also today cant wait to try that bad boy out.

got out first colour mutation on our rexs - dark blue line on spine - very nice
have raised a megatheirum army but unsure if we can use this on the center boss? as we have to spawn both the monkey and BM?
oh well we'll soon find out!

• Like 2

Busted butt crafting a gen and ac to hatch some eggs.  threw the eggs down, babies hatched  and sunk into the foundation, lol....  I busted out the foundation, which unfortunately gave the baby compies access to the outdoors.  I was running all over trying to get food onthem, when my allo ran over and CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP gobbled them down....  What the heck?!?!?

• Sad 1

Didn’t have much time today. I tamed a level 135 Megalosaurus. Got horrible taming effectiveness and she tamed out at about level 171. It didn’t turn out as badly as it could have considering I was doing this on the Center island. Her name is Meghan and she’ll be used to create a mate boost with the two male Megalosaurus I have; Morgan and Noche. Next time I plan to do a full map wipe because I’m having an exorbitant amount of trouble finding high level Allosaurus.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

Had a short play time today. My wife gathered metal and I hopped over to Aberation and grabbed as many black pearls as my drake could carry, about 300. It so scary gathering them, lol, sneaking around trying not to agro any of the dozens of drakes. After I grabbed the black pearls i bring them back to the island then help my wife farm metal. 

Before logging i noticed one of our snails had starved to death :( so i quickly made a batch of veggie cakes to feed the other 2. 

We should be able to build our tek generator tomorrow morning after we pick up the metal. Then i think we will working on some of the tek armor we unlocked last weekend. Our many plan now is to do a lot of farming for our next base expansion

I never tamed snails, I just picked up wild ones, and dropped them into pens. Never had to feed them. But of course I could not access their inventory this way.

30 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I never tamed snails, I just picked up wild ones, and dropped them into pens. Never had to feed them. But of course I could not access their inventory this way.

As soon as I have access to sap and honey I tame a few, lol. Cp for days, I think im sitting on over 18k cp and thats after making all this tek. S+ item collector grabs their "poo" and I empty their inventory when I think of it

Started tonight off hopping on my newly raised thylo and get some exp enroute to red obby crystal cave for more obs/crystal. This thylo is going to be a speed one, managed 80% imprint. 

Tamed a 126 horse when I got back, mostly for a bigger slot m&p. Been crafting lots of cp lol, love it. Reminds me of before beavers. Bred up my wolves for giggles, my 162 male second tame and my 203 tamed female. The baby came out 287 male so it got most of my females stats and I now have a good breeding pair.

Went on a quick metal run, threw it in the forges and went out looking for some tames. Found a few high level vultures, 168 male blue, a 189 female green&blue and a regular 178 or something.. female. Easy tames with a tent :) 

When I got back I decided I was going to summon in a Crab. I sacrificed two good quetz from my Rag some time ago and have been deciding when to get one in, this no flier go is perfect. Summoned it at 120 so I could still replace it in the future when I get to Ab. Went out on the town with the crab, I was doing a bit of exploring and also looking for a good Saber to round out my caving crew. Searched for over an hour and only turned up a 140. Tamed that with assitance of my new crab. 

My 6h mate interval was up and I bred the newly grown wolf and the other together. Basically a twin of the other, 287 but female. Also threw together two vulture eggs and hatched an all blue male with the good stats (1.35k hp 361 melee) and a low hp normal one. One of my females has 401 melee, ideally ill get them together and that will be good for caves.

Getting another imprint in and heading off soon. Goodnight Arkers!

• Like 4

Attempted to explore the Ice Cave on Ragnarok and all went well for the 1st three Ice Worms - one popped up to attack me, I hid like a coward behind my riot shield - the vultures destroyed them. All good.

The next section I'm tag teamed - must have gone too fast as I somehow end up with a worm spawning in front of me and another on the path behind that I just came down - my vultures on "attack my target" got all confused and didn't know what target to attack as both worms were hitting me.  I died, my vultures died.

Caught a breeding pair of 150 Dimorphs this morning and left them filling s+ hatchery nests whilst I'm at work - will hatch them and more vultures to raise this evening and try the cave again over the weekend.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

After a lot of serious thought myself and friends have finally quit and deleted Ark. After a good year and a few months of playing including meeting some good mates having a laugh building some amazing bases and raising loads of Dinos, getting banned from forums for being naughty and with a final swim race in a piranha infested river me and my friends have decided there is nothing left to actually do. Weve played every map tried official PVP and PVE and even paid for a Nitrado server but in the end we always ended up just running around our bases bored. On top of that there are so many private servers now that are empty even the officials seem to struggle getting more than 6 players on at a time. I would love to see a server list from Xbox or PS4 showing an actual un photoshopped busy server at least half full. 

So its time to blow the dust off my GTA 5 and go get ready for RED DEAD 2 to launch, yes i've got it pre ordered may even try some indie games. I wish all that stay with Ark well and hope that when the new map launches its all you have hoped for and i hope WildCards future endeavors do as well :)

Love to you all and Keep Surviving xxxxxx AngryGamer666 signing out for good xxxxx

Edited by AngryGamer666
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AngryGamer666 said:

After a lot of serious thought myself and friends have finally quit and deleted Ark. After a good year and a few months of playing including meeting some good mates having a laugh building some amazing bases and raising loads of Dinos, getting banned from forums for being naughty and with a final swim race in a piranha infested river me and my friends have decided there is nothing left to actually do. Weve played every map tried official PVP and PVE and even paid for a Nitrado server but in the end we always ended up just running around our bases bored. On top of that there are so many private servers now that are empty even the officials seem to struggle getting more than 6 players on at a time. I would love to see a server list from Xbox or PS4 showing an actual un photoshopped busy server at least half full. 

So its time to blow the dust off my GTA 5 and go get ready for RED DEAD 2 to launch, yes i've got it pre ordered may even try some indie games. I wish all that stay with Ark well and hope that when the new map launches its all you have hoped for and i hope WildCards future endeavors do as well :)

Love to you all and Keep Surviving xxxxxx AngryGamer666 signing out for good xxxxx

Good luck in your other games mate! Thats a tasteful goodbye post. We will still be here Arking away if you decide to come back :)