So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

My new Allo is full breed and ready to farm lot of Meat. My Refrigerators are Empty now.

Thinking of going to the kairuku living Space on Raqgnarok. It is not far away from Jungle 1. Sometimes Ovis spawn there. Good to farm their meat.

I had Luck yesterday, next to my Base a female Lvl 15 Diplodocus was walking. I could need the Eggs for Kibble. So i pulled my purple Longneck and stunned her. She was able to hit me one time. I stood on my building and the fall almost killed me :D

But i knocked her out. Good thing she was in my Base, so i could fill her with berrys and let her alone. No Narcotics needed. Next to the Kairuku living space down the Waterfall i found a lvl 85 Doedicus. He was in a little pit. So, i parked my argy next to the exit of the pit and fired with the Longneck. Doedi tried to reach me but cannot pass the Argy. He didnt attack but run in Circles. After he sleeps for a few minutes a lvl 20 Ankylo fell down the Waterfall. I dont have a male Anky, so i tranqued him too and gave him 4 Kibble and rest Berrys. He was tamed a few minutes after the Doedi, female Anky should now produce Eggs a little bit faster. Now i have finally a Stone Gatherer. The Water Pen Build should now go much faster. Thinking of rebuilding the Breeding Tower from Wood to Stone too. I dont know why but both Allosaurus stuck in 1 of the Foundations when the breeding is over. And now the Hall is 4 Floors high, they have enough Space to not get stuck.

• Like 3

I had my wisdom tooth operation yesterday so I didn't get a chance to play but we did hop on this morning. While I gathered pearls to make electronics for the chemistry bench my wife gathered stone so we can make a water taming pen this weekend. I then built the chemistry bench and made a big batch of gunpowder. Then the rest of the morning we pretty much did some housekeeping. Feeding dinos, organizing dinos. I crafted a bunch of re-fertilizer to fuel my s+ incubators

Tomorrow morning we will hopefully tame some sharks (and breed said sharks) then start farming black pearls for making tech. Tomorrow evening is the big day, our 1st boss runs. Only things left to do are get all the rex to the red obelisk, cook a bunch of meat for the pig to heal us up in between fights and grab a couple artifacts of the pack. Our plan is to hopefully do easy/medium monkey and easy/medium brood and tackle in a week or 2 after we put more levels on the rex

• Like 3

Managed to get on tonight for a bit, last couple of nights I flat out couldnt be bothered after work, just too tired even to play Ark lol.

Made a start to the flyer platform. Its getting a bit crowded allready in the stables, so it would be good to move the argent and the pteras out of there. Got the foundations, central support and the two platforms down, although I cant keep but thinking maybe I should build the tower even higher, but I want it to be practical to climb up it alot and not to look too absurd.

I now need to work on the 4 supporting outer pillars and fill out the platforms with railings and other decorations. Am basing the design on the bird platform I had at one point on official on top of my base, although this time its actually going to be structurally sound lol. At the bottom of the tower I am going to try and build some more stables to increase the stable capacity that I have. But all that is for another night.

• Like 3

We started today by getting a couple artifacts of the pack. That cave is tricky to navigate but we made it out with 2 artifacts but no good loot.

After that we decided to try and tame some sharks. So we throw together a basic taming pen, and I kite the nearest shark to test it out. Pen worked great and the one I happened to grab was a 150 male :D So we tranq it and kibble tame it. Move it to the side and start looking for a female. While looking for a female we delt with an alpha shark with our spinos.

After about 15 more minutes of searching I came across a 180 female shark. So I kite it with my frog and she was tough to get into the pen, kept losing agro and swimming out before the door would close. Finally we got her in, knocked out, and kibble tamed. We plan on breeding them tomorrow so we throw together a quick dock and makeshift pen before logging.

Tonight is the big night, our first boss fights :)All we have left to do is get the rex to the red obelisk. Our plan is to hit easy/medium brood and monkey. If all goes well then tomorrow we start farming to make tech gear. The s+ tek generator and s+ tek replicator are top on the list.

Here is the pen and dock. Eventually Im going to actually make the pen look good and also a lot bigger, but this works for now. I also plan on lining the roof with plant x for those darn Ichthy birds

y4mJYwOU3bVhhXNDGyMTJk7unAav9Xq7DIHwpq7t

• Like 3

I Traded a 3rd Allosaurus Egg for further breeding. And i got from the Player a Level 227 unleveld Bear. He breeded too much DireBears and wanted only some Hide for him, very nice trade. Now i have a Fibre Gatherer. Only something for Wood is missing. A Mammoth would be to great for my Stone Gates. So it will be a Beaver or a Thorny Dragon. TD i like more. They dont have the Reduction like the Beaver but they are a Mobile Smithy. Thinking of a ride to the Highlands with the Boat. I need an Equus. There is no better Mortar and Pestle as an Equus. Only Weight leveling and you have many Space to Craft Narcotics, Cement and Stuff.

Now as my base is full in operation i thought about Aberration Dinos. My Tribe Mate wnats to breed the Allos and Featherlight. So i have time for making a new Char on an Aberration Server. They are not overrun on PS4. So i take the first i saw. Never see more then 7 Players there. Playing now 3 Days on the Server. No one is talking there with me oO.

I go to Hard 1 and found a little Spot at the Water where the Trilobites live. From Singleplayer i know that on this spot there are very rare aggressive Dinos. Sometimes a Raptor comes Around. One time i see in far distant a Carno. So i build my typical 3x3 Thatch hut. Grinded everything i found and upgraded the first day to wood. Today i was able to upgrade to stone. Direct Conversion to stone. I made a 2nd Floor. Every Floor 2 Walls High. Now i can stand on top of the building and can tranq a Trike ( if i ever see one there). Till now only Stegos and a Diplodocus run around. 10 Seconds from my base away in the water is a place where every time otters are around. It is strange, they are only sitting on the ground. 1 of 5 is swimming, the rest just sits there. So i tamed a level 10 Male and a Level 60 Female. I tamed 3 Bulbdogs, Level 5, 10 and 55. Light for my Base. Only Raptor who came around was level 30, i tranqed and tamed her. Better then nothing. But Now i need a good trike. I need defense when im going around to the places where the Beacons drop. This is the only Option for me to Upload the Dinos and transfer them to Ragnarok. But at both places who are near are Raptors or Ravager.

• Like 2

Bigbears Game of Tames - Ragnarok - Nitrado unofficial Xbox 1

Rather upset with the forum, I had spend a good hour or so writing out a large story from my travels and posted one of my largest entries here....not getting reactions like normal so I come to check up on the stream here and it's not here. I know I posted it....kinda lost interest in posting my stories till today.  

Started the weekend with editing the beacon loot tables, then editing some settings for resources. Metal, crystal, obsidian, cp, black pearls, and narcoberry spawns have been adjusted. I have a global setting of 2x harvest and have increased these specific resources to 4x. My 511 melee Anky will harvest about 400 metal a swing now.  Call it cheating, I call it QoL for reduced playtime. Worked 60 hours in the last 5 days. 

work > lady > starving dinos lol 

I believe I left off with increasing my Dino storage. So after adjusting everything I spent the majority of my Saturday Sunday last weekend gathering metal and CP.  I gathered, built, and placed a good 500 walls and ceilings, a bunch of  hatch frames and some doorways. Filled the forge a good 10 times over the day and I kept it burning, when it got low I would do a run. 

Objective one was to finish the storage facilities. So with my production process in full operation and motivation high I managed to complete my enclosure, install 3 hatch frames for flier access, and convert the temporary wood walls and ceilings to metal. The enclosures now estimated total consists of 600+ walls, 200+ foundations, 250+ Ceilings, 3 hatch frames, 1 behemoth gate and 2 Dino gates.  I would love to post pics but I can't seem to use the URLs I was befor.....keep popping up red. Rabblerabblerabble! 

Objective two of the day was continue with the flow of pvp protection. In a general sense I've been transitioning my base from a niche hobby build to something more competitive in the pvp world. One of these additions is a turret tower to cover most of my main base. I'm situated in a bowl so the plan is to eleminate turret soaking by reducing range and forcing attackers to fall in my death bowl. There's going to be enough range and protection from turrets that if a soaker falls in they will most likely die. So my forge room encases my Indy forge, decided to continue up from there, replaced a roof panel with a Tek hatch frame and started placing metal ladders up to the heavens lol, about 20 walls higher. Placed some hatch frames at the top floor and then one 2 walls down and so on for 4 floors. Placed giant hatch frames out each side and moved on to the next level. Fed a cable up the middle and made an outlet tree on each floor for turrets.  By this time I was running out of steam and the lady was on her way home so I spent some time taking captures in different lighting and just absorbing what I did. Almost 4000 days on this base and it's been done solo....pride is taking over and I'm really impressed with how it has turned out.  Crawled into bed and logged out weeeeoooo

Furture plans right now are to build turrets out the arse, which means more involved harvesting efforts and time sink, produce ammo, stock up for phase 4 of Tek conversion....everything will be Tek eventually so every metal wall I just made....it's like building the same base over and over and over. Eeeehhhhh such is ark boys!

p.s apparently figured out my pics?

773b52ac-bdaa-46e2-be8a-bf507ced8721.PNG

This is basicslly what I went into the weekend with. The behemoth gate and such is all to be combined. The little box room in the bottom right is an addition for harvesters.  anky, beaver and doedicy call it home.

64549dca-0740-4306-a3cc-74157d2e65db.PNG

Snap shot of inside mid construction. Shows the 2 floors. Fliers up top medium and small dinos below. 

I=

Looking at casa Bigbear in the sunset. Shows off the tower.   I'll get some other pics later of the storage facility. 

Edited by GeneralBigBear
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Bigbears Game of Tames - Ragnarok - Nitrado unofficial Xbox 1

Rather upset with the forum, I had spend a good hour or so writing out a large story from my travels and posted one of my largest entries here....not getting reactions like normal so I come to check up on the stream here and it's not here. I know I posted it....kinda lost interest in posting my stories till today.  

Started the weekend with editing the beacon loot tables, then editing some settings for resources. Metal, crystal, obsidian, cp, black pearls, and narcoberry spawns have been adjusted. I have a global setting of 2x harvest and have increased these specific resources to 4x. My 511 melee Anky will harvest about 400 metal a swing now.  Call it cheating, I call it QoL for reduced playtime. Worked 60 hours in the last 5 days. 

work > lady > starving dinos lol 

I believe I left off with increasing my Dino storage. So after adjusting everything I spent the majority of my Saturday Sunday last weekend gathering metal and CP.  I gathered, built, and placed a good 500 walls and ceilings, a bunch of  hatch frames and some doorways. Filled the forge a good 10 times over the day and I kept it burning, when it got low I would do a run. 

Objective one was to finish the storage facilities. So with my production process in full operation and motivation high I managed to complete my enclosure, install 3 hatch frames for flier access, and convert the temporary wood walls and ceilings to metal. The enclosures now estimated total consists of 600+ walls, 200+ foundations, 250+ Ceilings, 3 hatch frames, 1 behemoth gate and 2 Dino gates.  I would love to post pics but I can't seem to use the URLs I was befor.....keep popping up red. Rabblerabblerabble! 

Objective two of the day was continue with the flow of pvp protection. In a general sense I've been transitioning my base from a niche hobby build to something more competitive in the pvp world. One of these additions is a turret tower to cover most of my main base. I'm situated in a bowl so the plan is to eleminate turret soaking by reducing range and forcing attackers to fall in my death bowl. There's going to be enough range and protection from turrets that if a soaker falls in they will most likely die. So my forge room encases my Indy forge, decided to continue up from there, replaced a roof panel with a Tek hatch frame and started placing metal ladders up to the heavens lol, about 20 walls higher. Placed some hatch frames at the top floor and then one 2 walls down and so on for 4 floors. Placed giant hatch frames out each side and moved on to the next level. Fed a cable up the middle and made an outlet tree on each floor for turrets.  By this time I was running out of steam and the lady was on her way home so I spent some time taking captures in different lighting and just absorbing what I did. Almost 4000 days on this base and it's been done solo....pride is taking over and I'm really impressed with how it has turned out.  Crawled into bed and logged out weeeeoooo

Furture plans right now are to build turrets out the arse, which means more involved harvesting efforts and time sink, produce ammo, stock up for phase 4 of Tek conversion....everything will be Tek eventually so every metal wall I just made....it's like building the same base over and over and over. Eeeehhhhh such is ark boys!

p.s apparently figured out my pics?

773b52ac-bdaa-46e2-be8a-bf507ced8721.PNG

This is basicslly what I went into the weekend with. The behemoth gate and such is all to be combined.

64549dca-0740-4306-a3cc-74157d2e65db.PNG

Snap shot of inside mid construction. Shows the 2 floors. Fliers up top medium and small dinos below. 

DILO that sucks man! I've had that happen to me countless times (well - not exact. Mines hitting the back button as i go to submit and erase all my post ><) I need to get into some better ini settings for my unofficial, ive barely scratched the surface.. makes me realize :P 

Anyhow, main reason I posted was because that poison wyv on first pic.. damn! Love the simple contrast. Event or admin coloured? Mainly wondering because of the back (blackish)  colour, is it natural or a special one? 

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

DILO that sucks man! I've had that happen to me countless times (well - not exact. Mines hitting the back button as i go to submit and erase all my post ><) I need to get into some better ini settings for my unofficial, ive barely scratched the surface.. makes me realize :P 

Anyhow, main reason I posted was because that poison wyv on first pic.. damn! Love the simple contrast. Event or admin coloured? Mainly wondering because of the back (blackish)  colour, is it natural or a special one? 

Yeah man this post was a condensed version of the original lol oh well. I tend to hit the back button too just haven't in a situation like that. 

Look into the game engine stuff when your in nitrado (IIRC you run a nitrado server?) it's pretty simple to mod the spawns and resources. User friendly. Also download the beacon app on pc. You can pick and choose your drops and mod them how you like then it writes a code to a note pad that you copy paste into your game ini. Restart and bam. I log onto nitrado on the web/pc to modify my xbox stuff. 

Honestly I don't know. It's actually a buddy's and he had transferred it from another server. I assume it is modified but I can't confirm nor deny that.  I'll do a little experiment when I'm on next and see if it's painted or admin coloured.  

Second pic though I can confirm is my lightning wyvern with my tribal colours of red and black, not a fan of their natural pale purple colour. I admin all my dinos black and red unless they are unique colours.  

• Thanks 1

Tamed my first ever Rex tonight on the island. Down south where the recommended spawns are. Found him wrecking havoc on everything. Pumped a bunch of tranqs into him and he finally went down. There were all types of aggressive dinos wandering around so I had my Carno take them all out while I wait for the tame. Once it was completed, I was so happy...until I had to make the run all the way back to my base..to the far west near red obelisk lol. It was worth it. Now to find a female to start breeding and getting ready for broodmother :)

• Like 7

Xbox Scorched Earth Unofficial

Didnt do much last night, got on and fed my dinos. Installed a genny the other day to test and found out offline raid protection stops it from being damaged by SE while offline, sweet! Takes my worries away about that.

Been running low on obsidian and crystal so I took my roo and hopped over to the crystal cave by red obby and made a small adobe hut inside for spawn hopping for farming. Took back the obsidian, made some CP (i miss beaver dams ha) and crafted up the poly, topped off troughs and went to bed.

Next time im on ill be looking for a dung beetle and making my seperate incubation room & greenhouse. Ive almost reached my first goal of a solid wired base and unsure what ill do next :) Ill see how i feel in a few days when i get to play. I might mud up the SE play with some spawned abb dinos and keep on no flier, or I might start taming argys to take down Manticore. Who knows!

Until next time

• Like 3

Last night we did our first boss runs with my wife and 2 brothers :) Did easy/medium brood with out any issues, one rex got down to 15k hp on medium but the rest were no lower then 25k. Healed up a bit then did easy monkey. My wife and her rex we out of the circle last minute and didnt get transported. Told everyone else to stay on their mount and I would pull the boss, and my younger brother dismounts and gets killed right away (typical him, lol) but we downed him no issues. We called it a night after that.

This morning my wife and I decided to run medium monkey since she missed easy. Our positioning was a little off and I thought for sure we were going to have a rex fall off, but we didnt and we downed him. 

Next we farmed some metal and got some poly in build for making the s+ tek replicator/s+ tek generator. Then I finished the day by heading to arb and farming some element.

This week we will be farming to build some tek. We also plan on getting ready to do an alpha monkey run (running caves and gathering tributes). I also added a mod to allow element and tribute transfers between servers so we can get element from aberration. I have been stockpiling mats to make it for a while now. I'm also going to start taming theris so we can start getting ready for a dragon run

• Like 3

Combining last night with today. Its official. The bird tower build got out of control. Decided that it wasnt high enough so demod the two platforms and almost doubled the tower height before rebuilding the platforms. Then went beyond the orginal design and put a roof on the second platform and added some more decorative cover to the first. No idea how the tower stands up but I like the height It has now even if it looks silly. Its at this point it got a bit ridiculous.

rps20180603_201931.thumb.jpg.c72bfcba27f030e4781170a3f827b160.jpg

After that, completed the stables at the bottom of the tower. Which was fine. It was at this point I went over board a little bit. Decided to add some thatch canopys to the outside of the stables. Then decided that the canopy of the stables should connect to the house at which point I had to raise the entire roof of the building by one level. At this point I decided that the canopy should almost encircle the entirety of the house. Almost made it all the way to the main stables but managed to stop myself by just adding the canopy to the back of the house

rps20180603_201616.thumb.jpg.29f075840299bd1b14be5045e4cb249e.jpg

rps20180603_201539.thumb.jpg.ef0b87eb22ba7d87e00c72d5716d263d.jpg

While I do like the canopy style I have gone with I think I may need to dial it back just a wee bit. Its almost going to become one massive building. Even contemplating rebuilding the bridge as part of the build. Someone please send help before I build a thatch canopy over the map !

rps20180603_202257.thumb.jpg.be70ff41a2cd2b2863b3b61424f816be.jpg

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Combining last night with today. Its official. The bird tower build got out of control. Decided that it wasnt high enough so demod the two platforms and almost doubled the tower height before rebuilding the platforms. Then went beyond the orginal design and put a roof on the second platform and added some more decorative cover to the first. No idea how the tower stands up but I like the height It has now even if it looks silly. Its at this point it got a bit ridiculous.

rps20180603_201931.thumb.jpg.c72bfcba27f030e4781170a3f827b160.jpg

The Tower to heaven!   Quite the build!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, iTheActiveWizz said:

I haven't actually done anything yet, I'm still trying to find the perfect PVP Unofficial server :D

Hahaha I don't call mine perfect but you can come set up on one of mine. Looking for some long term players to help establish the servers, that is if you're on pc or Xbox. Rag and Aberration available and I have a buddy with the island. I have an ad in the server advertisement section with more info under big bears Game of tames. 

Unofficial rag - Xbox 1

Over the weekend I spent almost no time on the game due to work and what they  call the lilac festival here in town. Was lame lol. 

I unclustered my servers to allow folks to import players and such. I don't understand why we can't control what enters or exits the cluster but can decide how the cluster works within it's limits.  Anyways after that i did a quick metal run, fly to zoo base and grab my basili to gather some pearls from Viking bay. 1300 pearls and 220 black pearls later I return to zoo base adding the black pearls to my replicator and returned the pearls to beta base to make electronics for my turret production, and then proceeded to build 15 turrets, then I called it a day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeneralBigBear said:

Hahaha I don't call mine perfect but you can come set up on one of mine. Looking for some long term players to help establish the servers, that is if you're on pc or Xbox. Rag and Aberration available and I have a buddy with the island. I have an ad in the server advertisement section with more info under big bears Game of tames.

haha, yeah I would join, I'm on PC though. Can't seem to find your server either ;/

Last night got on for a bit, took my thylo out for a small run. Found a 133 male (mines f) with easter colours and tamed it. Took it back to my base and finished up my breeding room, added a seperate gen so i dont need to hear my AC all the time and bred up my two thylo. I dont plan to get to crazy with them, just really wanted an imprinted one for the speed boost really. They arent even close to max level (i believe its 209 here..) id like to atleast get two 175+ before starting a breeding line.

Speaking of which, forgot to log in this morning and throw more food in the troughs.. baby thylo might be dead lol

I found some scorched inspiration today. Ive never even been in the caves here and from.screenshots they look amazing. So ill get up to some cave diving soon. While im there ill grab some artifact sets to start getting into Manticore.

The level distribution here is nuts.. ive only seen one max level tame yet.. a wolf at the start of my play (209)  and 4 203's total so far. Ive tamed one wolf at 203 and one Morellatops. I believe 203 here is the equivillant to a 145 on official. Itll be a huge chore to get some max level tames for bosses and ive yet to see a rex thats over 110.

Gonna work towards getting some higher level wolves and get some pups going. Also need to tame some vultures for caves. Lots to work towards but scorched is losing its charm fast :P I think to mix it up ill hop on SP next weekend and attempt dragon for my story. I dont think im anywhere near ascension ready yet but hey.. i did plan this to be a long term story. 

Until next time fellow Arkers

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Wizz28 said:

haha, yeah I would join, I'm on PC though. Can't seem to find your server either ;/

Pc cross play is enabled so if you have the windows version and not the steam version just search bear in the server list in pc unofficial and it should be like one of 10 servers with bear in it. If not then I guess we're both sol lol  

Didn't have much time today be we did gather the rest of the metal we needed to build our s+ tek replicator and then built the replicator. I forgot how large it was so we also threw together a temporary enclosure for it off our main building. We still need about 2500 ingots and about 70 black pearls to build the s+ tek generator, so tomorrow morning while my wife gathers metal Ill hop over to aberration and farm some black pearls.

Now that we've unlocked tek, I'm currently trying to dream up a base upgrade that both functions and looks good. I want to combine our 3 buildings into one large one. My first thought is some kind of elevated glass pyramid, maybe 15x15 or so. But then I remembered the desert compound we had on ragnarok that kind of looked cool and was functional

y4mI1GkOLkXEJYDlRkwL4_By8gpIGC2oGdxb1EOo

So I think I'm going to do something similar, only bigger, on stilts, and not made of adobe. Probably a combo of stone and s+ glass so we aren't farming metal to build it for ages. I'll save the pyramid idea for an outpost in the snow or on the ocean that Ill probably make using build mode.

Edited by Jabnlab
  • Like 4

Found a level 145 Therizino and tamed her up with Megalosaurus kibble. B helped me finish our Giga trap.

Awesome looking gold 145 Giga in the highlands we plan on taming soon. Made some more Rex kibble and plan to go hunting for a high level Plesiosaur as soon as T or B can log on and assist. 

Work's still too busy for me to play often, fed everyone and logged for the night. 

• Like 3