So what did you do in ARK today?

Anarki

Saturday I spent over 6 hours playing Abberation.... yep, still sucks, I tried and tired to see why people like it, and I just can't.

To top it off, even using YouTube videos, I could only find 1 freaking nest and 1 egg for the Rock Drake.  6 FREAKING hours for one lousy level 40 egg? and this in on Single player!

Shuck that Fhit! 

So I said to myself, well no bother, I will just upload the Abb dinos I have and transfer to my Rag map.   BUT NO!  The Abb map doesn't allow transporters!  so I'm screwed again by this worthless DLC.  If I actually had it in disk form, I would destroy it with extreme prejudice!

Tried to spent the rest of the weekend back on Rag, but the whole Abb experience left a horrible bitter feeling about ARK in general.  I think I will be taking a break from the game.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just a quick one today. Just a few tames today. Cooked up all the ingrediants for stego kibble and adapted the taming raft in order to trap an argent. Explored around the north eastern section of Ragnarok for a good level argent, would have settled for about 100 but held out long enough for a 130 male argent on the northern plateau. Kited it to the taming raft in the sea near by using the ptera as bait, trapped and downed it. Travelled back to base while it tamed up.

Once the argent tamed up, decided to go looking for an anky. Again explored the northern spawn areas close by the base with my new argent but ended up in the snow biome where I found a female 135. Picked it up and carried it all the way back to the taming raft by the base and knocked it out. Unfortunately I dont have the kibble for it so I am having to berry tame it, but as it takes close to an hour I decided to log off and it should tame up itself. Dont want to be on all night and it should be safe in the raft just off shore so no need to baby sit it.

I didnt think you could pick up wild dino's? 

unless your on single player ?

Got on for a few hours last night to find an anky worth taming. I dont know why i cant find any, this no flier play makes things a lot harder. Almost every time i go exploring on my Roo ill get knocked off by micros, gang banged by wolves or mauled by pigs. Its actually quite refreshing! Speaking of which, if you havent tried a roo.. its the best thing ever. Im starting to realize how essential its going to be to my no flier play. It collects berries like crazy, bronto-like with its kick. It collecrs cactus sap ans thatch like a madman aswell. To top it off its extremely quick, the jump and my 140 had like 800 base weight.

Anyhow, back to events. Hopped around for hours looking for an anky. I was killing most wildlife trying to force a spawn, then spotted a 133 thylo. Made a stone trap and knocked it out. Had some cooked prime in my bin, rest was cooked meat and it stood up 180 or so. Afterwards i found a 168 easter anky, knocked it out but didnt really want to keep playing so i set timers and watched a movie while hopping in to restock torpor.

Farmed a little metal afterwards and logged off in my mining shack. Im probably going to start grabbing some key tames from other maps next weekend, ill mull over my long term SE goals vs my story playthrough. I might go try dragon first before transferring any tames to SE to keep with storyline. Not sure yet. I want to actually live in a tek base, tek gives the same insulation on SE  as thatch, so i could actually live in it here.

Until next time!

• Like 5

VE Official 866
Xbox one

Over the weekend i finished up farming metal to buy a Thorny Dragon, i made up a load of storage boxes and dye and painted them to help organize stuff, im a bit of a horder so this helps, i will eventually go through them and drop all the cloths rubbish i dont need any more.

also spend an age fighting clipping point of pillars on uneven ground trying to make a extended balcany to allow room around my buildings.

Also kept breeding my argy's when i can and put them in the fridge to hatch later when i have the time and also my hatchery is built.

Which should be masivly imporrved after recieving my lvl 210 Thorny dragon, farming 400 wood instead of 120 from a redwood tree is massive improvement. 

so atm i have Deod for stone,anky for flint/metal/oil, and now the dragon for wood. Bear gets alot of fiber too so all my building resource gatheres are pretty good.

Next thing is to build a green house on the beach by my base then i can start moving all te stuff of the beach and completly clear it out. 

also need to make dino storage plus some x plant to defend them while im away to protect against any raptors or argy flying in.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

I didnt think you could pick up wild dino's? 

unless your on single player ?

4 hours ago, d1nk said:

Its only pve that cant. Every other game mode can

Just realised I quote the wrong post earlier. Whoooppss. Sorry my bad, long day....

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I play on an unofficial PvP server, not that PvP really happens on it. While you cant pick up dinos on official PvE you can set up pick up wild dinos on a unofficial PvE server though.

Edited by AngrySaltire
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Aushegun said:

You're definition of fun is quite different than mine!

Hah! Well ive been playing since release.. ive done it all on official before and my biggest gripe is the game becomes really easy very quickly. Which isnt to much of a problem for most. The game is what you make it, right? 

You wont see me cheering and woo'ing as im getting knocked off and dying (last night i got knocked off with an inv full of nice drop loot and my roo saved my butt with 3 hp left..) but afterwards the heart is pumping and you feel more alive! 

I guess i like feeling that im still just an insignificant survivor braving the world :P 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Saturday I spent over 6 hours playing Abberation.... yep, still sucks, I tried and tired to see why people like it, and I just can't.

To top it off, even using YouTube videos, I could only find 1 freaking nest and 1 egg for the Rock Drake.  6 FREAKING hours for one lousy level 40 egg? and this in on Single player!

Shuck that Fhit! 

So I said to myself, well no bother, I will just upload the Abb dinos I have and transfer to my Rag map.   BUT NO!  The Abb map doesn't allow transporters!  so I'm screwed again by this worthless DLC.  If I actually had it in disk form, I would destroy it with extreme prejudice!

Tried to spent the rest of the weekend back on Rag, but the whole Abb experience left a horrible bitter feeling about ARK in general.  I think I will be taking a break from the game.

Sorry about you bad time :( And the drake eggs suffer the same issues as wyvren eggs, spoiling on pickup and spawning under the nest. What I do for drake eggs is throw god mode on and pick up all the spoiled eggs. Then do a destroy wild dinos and come back after half an hour and take them without god mode on.

Today was more rex leveling, a combo of using the grinder and killing baby rex. Im hoping to have them all leveled to atleast 700melee and 40k hp by this weekend and maybe trying easy brood and easy monkey. Going to spend mornings this week gathering to feed the grinder and after work semi- afk grinding while killing baby rex as they get hatched.

All this grinding and killing baby rex has brought my wife and I up over lvl 90 so after we take a breather from the boss grind we plan on building a chemistry bench and industrial cooking pot. We also each have a set of scuba gear now so we plan on finally starting water adventures soon. We've never gone this long without taming water dinos. We need to go underwater soon to farm black pearls for building tech, although I suppose we can farm them on Aberration too

I'm unsure how much I will accomplish this weekend, Im getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled Thursday so it all depends how I feel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Hah! Well ive been playing since release.. ive done it all on official before and my biggest gripe is the game becomes really easy very quickly. Which isnt to much of a problem for most. The game is what you make it, right? 

You wont see me cheering and woo'ing as im getting knocked off and dying (last night i got knocked off with an inv full of nice drop loot and my roo saved my butt with 3 hp left..) but afterwards the heart is pumping and you feel more alive! 

I guess i like feeling that im still just an insignificant survivor braving the world :P 

I feel you on it getting too easy late game. I too have been playing since shortly after release. I havent been sticking to my reduced flyer rule, mainly because we are grinding to do bosses, but once we are done grinding I plan on heavily restricting flyer use and just enjoying the game

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jabnlab said:

I feel you on it getting too easy late game. I too have been playing since shortly after release. I havent been sticking to my reduced flyer rule, mainly because we are grinding to do bosses, but once we are done grinding I plan on heavily restricting flyer use and just enjoying the game

Thats pretty much what i did. I only hatched a wyvern the day before i shut down rag. Something about traversing the countryside on a land mount :) 

Oh boy 4x wisdoms.. i had that done a few years ago. I didnt get it done when i was a teen or in my 20s.. but finally did when my back bottom wisdom split in half.. talk about pain.

Edited by d1nk

@d1nk @Jabnlab 3k stam is pretty good for Ape and Brood. Less movement and less need to defend yourself in those fights. 

You want between 4k and 5k for Dragon, Manticore, and Rag fights as they are more open arena's and have a lot more moving waiting for the bosses to land and may want to consider a little melee for Dragon and Rag fights as you will be fighting off dimorph's, ptera's, and griffin's. 

Manticore in particular likes to go after the Yuty so have stimulant on him because while he reduces the fighter's torpor with courage there's nothing to reduce his. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First thing i did was D/L the dodex app to help with hatching timing, i took all ym argy eggs and ptere eggs out and set timer for 5 mins before 100% incubation, Not ready to hatch tonight but i thought best to get them closer.

i then took my Thorny out to collect wood to add another story extension to workshop and replace the thatch roof, i also replaced all the thatch walls on the hatchery to wood so its alot better now.

also found a low level anky that i set up a quick taming pen for and got him in and knocked out and was starvign him will i then made up extra walls and roof to stop things geetting him, while i did that i spotted an alpha rapter on the beach so rushed got the dire bear out and it was attacking the sleeping anklo, i took one swing and killed my anklyo :( . killed the rapter and put all dino back in thier homes and logged off.

I dont think im going to get much time tonight to play as prepping my car for an event/demonstration at Coventry motofest 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/25/2018 at 11:06 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

I will run the swamp cave in between feeding and imprints, and will come out of there with one of my saddle bp's.

Came out of the swamp cave with a 104.5 ASC Rex BP!!!

This week in Ark;

I had a blast this weekend. I did indeed live in the swamp cave with no less than 50 trips through. I pulled several high end items. My carno puts in great work and she currently sits at 10k hp with 670 melee wearing a 112 armor saddle. My vulture also puts in work as he sits on my shoulder. He's currently at 2400 hp and 614 melee. It's a formidable combination and great fun. 

Playing on the island has reinvigorated the game for me. Say what you will about the beauty of Ragnarok but The Island is a great map and it helps that it is known to me. It also performs better when it comes to lag. 

So i hatched a few Rex's, a Carno, and some Theri's as well as Vultures and Argy's this weekend. I kept 2 of the Rex's. The new stud male that hatched with 13.6k hp, 472 melee and a new fighter with 14k hp and 461 melee. I'll get that hp on the 472 once I start breeding more. 3 of the Theri's got the 9.2k hp and 419.8 melee. I'll keep hatching those and build up a 19 Theri army.  None of tbhe argy's got a weight mutation. 2 of the vultures, a male and female, hatched with the 1125 hp and 378 melee. I gave the male to my allies as well as a guaranteed egg. One Carno got the 4200 hp and 1530 stamina. Another female though, 336 melee is on a female, so more breeding to do.

We helped some people with their Beta Rag fight and myself and my ally used Theri's and they were magnificent again. 21k hp, 700+ melee, 124 armor saddle. I was deep under the Dragon and he did knock a lot of hp off me with his fire attack. Down from 21k hp to about 2k as I took 3 shots but with the veggie cakes, I finished the fight down only 800 hp. It really is the way to go. I used a new Theri so it will get 800+ melee. 

The other part of that fight was my tribe mate's antics. lol. We ran back to back fights. He came in on foot with some flame arrows, a 240 damage crossbow, a rocket launcher, and missiles. We of course expected him to die but he put in work on the Golem's. I stayed out of his way and when the Golem's popped he fired rockets until the launcher broke. The Manticore stayed in the air quite long on this fight so eventually we all got irritated and with the Golem's so damaged we went and killed all of them. My tribe mate survived too. 

The next fight we loaded him up with more rockets and launchers. He came in on foot again and the Golem's didn't stand a chance. When they popped we grouped them together and I got out of the way as he just kept firing. We didn't even get irritated and just made it a priority to kill the Golem's. 

That may be a new strategy we fine tune for the alpha fight. 

I ran a buddies alt character through the alpha fight as well with the normal alliance. Just a single fight this week. One guy brought in his Reaper which was funny to watch him jump through the air and bite the Manticore while it was flying. It went to sleep though. limited hatch level will keep the torpor fairly low, believe his torpor was 10,000. Dragon took a little longer but we didn't lose any dino's despite them being very beat up. 

The same buddy I merged with on his island server which was my trade/crafting server. With the move to the other island server, with my rag alliance, I decided I didn't want to maintain that base. He got a nice crafting/trade base near an ob plus a few extra dino's and materials I had. I took my Golem, Argy, Mantis and 190 lightning to the new island base. 

He kept my character in his tribe so I can pop over and help him out from time to time. He's just getting into boss fights but is a solo tribe so I can help him when he wants to run. 

I did hunt some more Carno's but didn't find higher stats however my ally did put down 342 melee. Last night I took to Facebook and turns out some of my old trade partners have some better stats. I'll be getting a 1620 stamina egg and am in discussions to get 361 melee. That'll be an insane Carno, combined with our 4200 hp, for the cave. One guy has already asked for a future egg for his Abberation server. 

I planned on stepping back from the trade market but took inventory of the Yuty's and put two on the market that sold very quickly. Full set of rag artifacts for each. It also netted me 3 orders so looks like I'll be raising Yuty's this weekend. 

I touched on it above but the swamp cave runs were quite successful. In addition to the 104.5 Rex bp, I pulled a MC 92.1 Thyla bp, an asc 91.8 Tapejera bp, a 56.4 ramshackle Rex bp, and a bunch of other pretty good bp's. I also pulled a lot of pre-mades including a 83 jm Rex saddle, a 93 asc Megatherium saddle, a 92 asc Megalania saddle, and a slew of other items. We also got an insane amount of gps, advanced bullet, and advanced rifle ammo bp's. lol. Oh and electric cable bp's! Come on loot table!

One of my allies created a new character on that server and spent 3 hours just living as a noob. His commentary was funny. "Oh, narcoberries. I can eat these for food." He stayed hidden and eventually when he was ready I came and picked him up. I wish I would have taken a screen shot but this guy built this beautiful log cabin on the water in that 3 hours. I picked him up, brought him into the tribe, and took him back to main base. He got there and the base was not complete and his reaction was priceless being as he is such a good builder. 

"No. no. I can't even...give me an Argy. I can't stay here. No." I'm laughing so hard. He starts looking at the build. "Why the...he did not put 2 foundations on each other! Why did he do this? What is the ceiling's purpose?"

PS_Messages_20180530_075005.thumb.jpg.95c27cca5f976d0690d285b81925966c.jpg

Lol. I was dying. 

He spent the entire next day rebuilding the base. We farmed him the structures and it's a great build. Fully enclosed and secured now. My tribe mate, also a great builder, is going to build our water pen. 

So the entire alliance is in a tribe over there now. We called ourselves noob island and we are having a blast working together. 

We are keeping the tames to essentials. Rex's, and eventually Theri's, for boss fights, personal flyers, a little base defense, and farming dino's. 

Rag is still our main server but I see us spending a lot of time on the island running caves and prepping for Ascension. It seems the focus is back and I am very pleased with that. 

Upcoming;

I will be raising Yuty's and of course hatching Argy's and Quetzal's looking for the next stats. I'll raise some more Rex's with the new stats as well as Theri's. I may do some more Vultures too. I'll work on the Carno's to get everything together and it'll be determined how I feel if I do anymore deer. 

Until next week. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, d1nk said:

Thats pretty much what i did. I only hatched a wyvern the day before i shut down rag. Something about traversing the countryside on a land mount :) 

Oh boy 4x wisdoms.. i had that done a few years ago. I didnt get it done when i was a teen or in my 20s.. but finally did when my back bottom wisdom split in half.. talk about pain.

I'm 31 and have been putting off doing them since I was 20, lol. Money was the big issue, but now I have insurance so they need to go.

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

@d1nk @Jabnlab 3k stam is pretty good for Ape and Brood. Less movement and less need to defend yourself in those fights. 

You want between 4k and 5k for Dragon, Manticore, and Rag fights as they are more open arena's and have a lot more moving waiting for the bosses to land and may want to consider a little melee for Dragon and Rag fights as you will be fighting off dimorph's, ptera's, and griffin's. 

Manticore in particular likes to go after the Yuty so have stimulant on him because while he reduces the fighter's torpor with courage there's nothing to reduce his. 

Thank you for the tips, its at 3500 stam and 35k hp right now, kind of shocked how much hp it was able to get when it started at 10.8k. I figure for now Im just going to use the one I tamed unless I find a mate for it this weekend. Its going to be a while before we attempt dragon, and I dont have rag or SE on my cluster so we wont be doing manticore, although its probably nbd to swap my arb server to either of those for a few weeks so we can run them a few times.

The rex are all finally at 40k hp :D Now we can relax for the rest of the week. This morning we built an industrial cooker and figured out what we needed for a chemistry bench. Looks like we  just need about 750 pearls to make the electronics which I will get tomorrow morning. Then we need to do some base maintenance, organizing dinos, feeding them and restocking some materials (stone, wood, and what not). Everythings a little messy at our main base because we have been spending most of our time at the rex factory, lol

So if I dont feel too much like crap Saturday evening I thing we will try easy/medium brood and easy/medium monkey. I still need to get a few artifact of the pack but thats nbd. Saturday morning we will probably take a half hour or so to look for a male yutty then probably make a water taming pen and get a couple sharks and kind of "relax" before running the bosses

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Jabnlab said:

I'm unsure how much I will accomplish this weekend, Im getting all 4 wisdom teeth pulled Thursday so it all depends how I feel.

I had mine pulled when I was 19, which was a long, long time ago.  But I do remember sleeping/staying in bed for about 36 hours. Waay to tired to do  anything.  But it was also summer and I was at the cabin with no AC, and it was hot/humid, so maybe that attributed to it.

Word of advise...... do not forget to keep the sockets clean like they will tell you after the surgery ..... I got a dry socket about 2 weeks later, and the pain was so terrible, that I  ended up going to an emergency dentist at 2am!

Good Luck

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aushegun said:

I had mine pulled when I was 19, which was a long, long time ago.  But I do remember sleeping/staying in bed for about 36 hours. Waay to tired to do  anything.  But it was also summer and I was at the cabin with no AC, and it was hot/humid, so maybe that attributed to it.

Word of advise...... do not forget to keep the sockets clean like they will tell you after the surgery ..... I got a dry socket about 2 weeks later, and the pain was so terrible, that I  ended up going to an emergency dentist at 2am!

Good Luck

Dry socket is my #1 fear, but my wife use to be a dental assistant so shes going to make sure I do everything right. Tonight we are buying a bunch of soft foods and ice cream to prepare.

• Like 1

My Allo is still Stuck. I Dont know if admins Come to ps4 and help. So i Feed him Every Day and hope for the best. 

I tamed another 2 Otter. I tried and breed one. Butter i didnt look for his food consuptiom. I gave him fish and run around my Base. He starved. Next time i will bei More around the fresh Otter.

I Got a new allo egg from the same player who gave me the first egg. Breeded it with a featherlight egg. The are both done in a few hours. Then i have 2 females and can make every day 2 eggs. I want at least 6 featherlights. 

PS_Messages_20180528_133234.jpg

Edited by Jay1077

3 hours ago, Jay1077 said:

My Allo is still Stuck. I Dont know if admins Come to ps4 and help. So i Feed him Every Day and hope for the best. 

You can try this, put it on follow to another dino you have, make sure the allos follow distance is set to low. The other dino needs to be about 50 yards or so from the allo. Now leave render for about 15 minutes or so, you may need to go out of render a few times but hopefully it will help

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1